[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 13

File: Excited_Dresshorse_Noises.gif (421KB, 449x335px) Image search: [Google]
Excited_Dresshorse_Noises.gif
421KB, 449x335px
Why do you love your favorite character, song, episode, etc? Let it out here.
>>
I like ponies.
>>
i liek turtles
>>
File: 1442681855456.jpg (2MB, 5000x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1442681855456.jpg
2MB, 5000x2800px
At first, I loved Rarity because of her melodramatic humor. But as I watched the show, she really grew on me because of her complexity.

She is very emotionally invested in her work. She puts her heart into everything she makes, which means she is devastated when the recipient doesn't like it.

I love her empathy, too - She can read a pony like no other. When something's wrong, she knows it, and she'll use her resources to find a way to help, even if it means getting someone else to do something she can't. She knows how to be subtle, too, like in Filli Vanilli where she knowingly lets Flutters live out her dream but doesn't tell her so that she can do so pressure-free. That is, until Flutters needed to be confronted, and then Rarity showed great understanding and tactfully talked to her about her delicate feelings.

She's an interestingly flawed character - she is generous with her talents, but not always with her spare time. Her weakness is that, desire her empathy, she can be self-centered. When she gets carried away with being fabulous, she may ignore her friends in order to let others feed her ego.

She is more than just dresshorse despite LoE's best efforts. She is Rarity, and there is nopony else quite like her.
>>
>>29727054
You'll Play Your Part. When that aired, I was feeling very much the same way as Twilight. I didn't know my purpose and I was struggling with my major, which I thought I was good at. But then Twilight was surrounded by everyone she looked up to, and they all reassured her... This song was really uplifting to me and pony finally made me cry.

Also, Cadence's voice was gorgeous in that one. I don't know why people don't talk about that song more.
>>
>>29727054
When I see Fluttershy struggle in small, daily interactions like going to a market or showcasing something she's not good at, I see a lot of myself in that. I identify with her knowing how hard it is to articulate exactly what makes it so difficult to assert yourself. Every time that happens I get the feeling of "I know exactly how that is."

Also she's downright adorable.
>>
File: 376219.gif (243KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
376219.gif
243KB, 800x800px
>>29727054
rarity, this day aria, sonic rainboom
>>
>>29727122
Pretty much everything you said anon, I find Rarity extremely charming too.
>>
File: 424645724.png (201KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
424645724.png
201KB, 500x551px
>>29727122
This.
As a musician, I feel very attached to her character.. I share her perfectionism, her devotion to her art, and some of her flaws, especially her ego.

I wish I could be generous and loving just like Rarity.
>>
>>29727054
Trixie, because I always saw her as a pony with a huge inferiority complex, despite being above average in what she does and loves. I imagine she must've been a loser all her life, dropping out of the School for Gifted Unicorns.
I also feel heavily her being humiliated and becoming laughing stock because of Boast Busters, and the Freudian scheme of her motivation for revenge appeals to me.
>>
File: 356856.png (396KB, 582x509px) Image search: [Google]
356856.png
396KB, 582x509px
>>29727441
I love how sacrificial Fluttershy is. The rest of the mane 6 would make sacrifices too, but not like her. Like in Trade Ya, she was willing to give herself away for months to let RD get the book she wanted. Other characters would have talked RD out of it (because it's insane), but Fluttershy let her. She let RD make her decision, and fully committed to her role in it.

It would have broken her heart if the trade had actually gone through, but she would have done that for her friend. And she would have come back, too. She'll take the abuse, because her friends are more important to her than she is to herself.

It's a tragic sort of sweetness.
>>
>>29727054
I like pinkie pie because she's a cuckquean.
>>
>>29727928
She's a very interesting character. She had a lot of staying power even before Magic Duel.

Of all the side characters to bring back, I'm glad it was her.
>>
C'mon, "Slice of Life" was awesome.

That was basically the productions staff saying, "We know you're watching us. We see all your silly little memes and fan arts. So, take THIS!"

Part of the fun of being a creator is getting to talk back to people who love the things you create.
>>
Twilight, giggle at the ghostly and the Best Night Ever
>>
>>29727122
Your waifu is shit. Twilight is better
Waifu!!!
>>
>>29727122
Plus. She's a whore!!
>>
File: twilight sparkle.gif (1MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
twilight sparkle.gif
1MB, 360x360px
>>29729418
>>29729427
Rarity is Twilight's friend. I don't think your waifu would appreciate you talking about her friends that way.
>>
File: 1450981885870.gif (384KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1450981885870.gif
384KB, 350x263px
>>29727054
Rarity.

She exemplifies a friend who is willing to risk her career to make those she loves happy, and do well by them. While a bit of a diva or drama queen, she's a terribly savvy businesspony who is great at her craft. Compassionate, caring, and understanding. She is truly the best pony.

May the Best Pet Win is really a song that doesn't get enough credit nowadays.
>>
File: dtsad.png (408KB, 1280x1097px) Image search: [Google]
dtsad.png
408KB, 1280x1097px
Ep: Crusaders of the Lost Mark S5E18
Song: Pony I want to be
Partly because of the circumstances of that episodes/songs release. It came out 10/10/15 on the shows 5th anniversary. it was a big moment, especially since we usually marathon all the previous episodes on the anniversary and this year a new ep happened to come out on that day also. It was such a moment of closure to see the CMC finally grow up and get their marks.

This episode came out when I was in my first ever week of college. I was feeling kinda worried. Seeing the CMC move on from childhood at the same time as I did was nice, and the nostalgia of having been watching the show for 4 and a half years then.
Later in my college year things went bad and I began to fail. Everyone had hyped me up and told me I'd do great since I did great at school but I was still failing somehow. I'd listen to Diamond Tiaras song Pony I want to be and think of the lyrics. I felt like her. "if im a diamond then why do I feel so rough?" was the mantra of my first year at college.

Sim Gretinas amazing remix of the song i've probably listened to over a 1000 times on my phone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR_TOiJa5Yw
>>
>>29727054
I just have really bad taste
>>
>>29730060
I feel you. That's how college works. Everyone praises you for being so smart in high school, but nobody cares in college.

I also love that song. To see the reason behind Diamond Tiara's bullying was pretty surprising, but it made a lot of sense. I'm looking forward to her future as a character, though she hasn't really been seen since that episode. Season 7 maybe?

I've listened to that remix a ton of times, too. I love the bouncy, happy remix to the heartbreaking song.
>>
File: 1453805895360.png (58KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1453805895360.png
58KB, 567x567px
>>29727054
I like cake
>>
>>29727901
So basically, you have all of her bad traits and none of her good ones?
>>
>>29730675
>devotion to art

Also, perfectionism isn't necessarily bad as long as it's kept in check.
>>
>>29730756
Devotion to art is only a positive trait if you're actually good at it.
>>
>>29730794
Most are not good at art until after they devote themselves to it for a while.

Also, Rarity is a good artist.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
I can relate to the Sunburst episode. The anxiety of meeting old friends and avoiding topics about myself because I don't want to admit how unsuccessful I am.

It's nice he is friends with Starlight again. But from the looks of the S7 teaser, he's in for another failure.
I'd really like to see him achieve greatness, and not just nerd out.
>>
File: 1447193137097.png (1MB, 1302x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1447193137097.png
1MB, 1302x1600px
>>29727122
Not a Rarifag but I didn't like her at first. She grew on me.

Her snarky humor and Tabitha's impressive set of lungs wormed her way into my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbJ_F5O_fuw

vid related, not even a sexual thing, I just love the melodrama in some of her screams, particularly 0:07. Makes me crack up every time.

In short, ur pony ok i gess
>>
>>29731692
Rarity's screams crack me up every time. Tabitha is a credit to this planet.
>>
>>29727054
I love this pony because my heart is hers.

My favorite episode is The Cutie Mark Chronicles, because it was an episode where all the ponies, even the Crusaders, had a role. And all of them were friendly to each other. It's the episode that summarizes perfectly everything I like in the show.

I don't have a favorite song.
Winter Wrap Up was the song that made me love the show, The Smile Song is one of the most uplifting songs I've ever heard, I'll Fly was so special for me because it was the first solo song of Dash after so many years waiting for it, and We'll Make Our Mark is just so fucking beautiful, I cry evrytiem.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.