[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Show Stoppers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
Are they teaching little girls that accepting they're losers is a good thing? This show at certain times gives the most nihilistic, defeatist and deluded messages you can think of.
>>
>>29721656
Nobody is perfect at everything, and most people really suck in at least one activity in life. In a way, this reminds me of an old children’s tale from my homeland called The Littlest Scrib.
>>
File: 1978-07-28.gif (145KB, 1200x346px) Image search: [Google]
1978-07-28.gif
145KB, 1200x346px
>>
>>29721656
Twilight Sparkle: Congratulations, ponies! Job well done.
Cutie Mark Crusaders: [sadly] Thanks, Twilight.
Twilight Sparkle: Hey, you don't sound too excited.
Scootaloo: [sigh] We worked really hard and won a prize, but we still don't have our cutie marks.
Sweetie Belle: Which is the prize we really wanted.
Twilight Sparkle: Oh, girls...
Apple Bloom: But we think we know why.
Sweetie Belle: Yes. We know why.
Twilight Sparkle: Oh? Tell me. I'd love to make a special report to the Princess.
Sweetie Belle: Well, maybe we were trying too hard.
Twilight Sparkle: Yes? And?
Scootaloo: And instead of forcing ourselves to do something that's not meant for us...
Twilight Sparkle: Yes? Yes?
Apple Bloom: We each should be embracing our true talent!
Twilight Sparkle: And that is...?
Cutie Mark Crusaders: Comedy!

That was the lesson. They did technically win something, so they didn't walk away from the talent show empty-handed. And it's not like they gave up after not getting their cutie marks—they each tried something different (good), saw it wasn't for them (good), and decided to pursue a new avenue for their goal, even if it was yet another misguided attempt (good).

Nowhere does it insinuate that they're fine with being losers. Their main goal was to get their cutie marks, not win for Best Musical Performance, and when the marks didn't appear they were inspired to keep trying.
>>
>>29721656
Daniel Ingram !! Where's the GOOD version of the song with the good vocals, REEEEEEEE
>>
>>29722044
Well said
>>
Am I the only one who'd love to see their rockstar outfits in every episode?
>>
>>29721656
>God forbid they ever teach children that life can be unfair and you don't always get exactly what you wanted even when trying hard

Like >>29722044 said, they did learn something - and more importantly, accepted their loss and moved on to keep trying for their goal. It may not have been the best episode, but I can't argue with the end moral.
>>
>>29723186
Why every episode? Ponies don't normally wear clothes, and of the clothes they do wear those outfits were especially garish and flashy, as was their intention. It wouldn't make any sense for the CMC to be wearing them every episode. They were tailored for a specific event.
>>
>>29721656
The actual moral, for those who aren't desperate to contrive reasons the show is awful:
Sometimes you'll make an attempt and end up accomplishing something completely different from what you wanted. Take what you can get.

Actually, it's one of the least cliched messages in season 1, despite the episode not being great.
>>
>>29722044
>>29723207
They didn't learn jack fucking shit. It's just the same retarded sappy bittersweet ending which most cartoons should fucking quit it.

Do you remember why it's still regarded as the worst episode in season 1 and why the CMC are hated so much? Because of this fucking episode which followed up right after Stare Master.

I can argue with you politicians all day. In the end I know I'm right, because I'm not a self-loathing wannabe commie.
>>
>>29721656
>Discussing the early seasons of the show
>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.