[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Haycart's Method >Spike ???? >Profit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: HaycartSpikemail.jpg (77KB, 400x672px) Image search: [Google]
HaycartSpikemail.jpg
77KB, 400x672px
>Haycart's Method
>Spike
????
>Profit
>>
>>29721015
>Celestia.
>Wanting Twilight near her at all.
>>
>>29721035
>implying consent
>>
>>29721015

That's actually a really neat combination of the two spells, actually. One spell encodes the person or object to be transported temporarily into the paper, the enchanted dragonfire sends it on it's way, and the object/people revert to normal form when the Method is either dispelled or ends normally.
>>
>>29721320

(Assuming burning the paper doesn't instantly dispel the Method, of course.)
>>
>>29721320
Presumably, Spike could send mail to anyone regardless of where they are.
So even though Twilight and Starlight can teleport anywhere at this point, if someone was lost or missing they could just use spike to locate and dispatch a rescue party.

That is, unless they're in a changing hive with an anti-magic field. Then they'd just end up outside like Discord in the S6 finale.
>>
>>29721015
Hadn't thought of that. Neat.
>>
Feel like spike is the ultimate weapon. Send paper until your enemy is burried in it.
>>
why
>>
>>29721015

>not using the proper Fancy spelling of "Hescartes"
>>
>slightly more complicated teleportation which Twilight already can do
I mean, unless we've seen that she cannot canonically teleport a distance like Ponyville to Canterlot besides the season 4 finale when she was on magic steroids, then this is redundant.
But nice thought though. How good is Twilight's teleportation on it's own, does anyone know?
>>
>>29722244
In "Every little thing she does" Twilight and Glimmer teleport to multiple locations. Idk what the limitations would be, bring other people and objects along.
>>
>>29721015
Why do we not have a good MLP game yet in which to do things like this?
>>
>>29722019
If Spike went on adventures with the Mane 6 and they were to all unexpectedly be apprehended, like when they went to Starlight's village, he could presumably send a letter to Celestia asking for help.
>>
>>29723485
How many situations could have been dealt with if Spike just used his dragon breath?
>>
>>29723599
None. It has no consistent property, like the rest of the magic in the show, so is completely dependent on how the writers want it to be used.
If one interpretation of it by one writer could be used to solve another writer's problems, the fire stops having that capacity in that conflict.

The only consistent thing is the letter sending, which I'm pretty sure goes only to Celestia. Don't know how that could solve anything.
>>
>>29723640
He sent a letter to Luna in her really edgy episode.
>>
>>29723660
Ah, so even that is ruleless.
>>
>>29721015
>Twilight puts herself onto a piece of paper
>Spike incinerates the paper with dragon fire
>Twilight is kill
>A copy of the paper appears before Celestia
>A copy of Twilight comes out of the page
>It has all of Twilight's memories, and her personality
>But it's a philosophical robot
>It has no will or consciousness of its own
>When it has no task to complete, and when nobody is around to observe it, it merely stands perfectly still and stares blankly into space
>None of her friends realize that their friend has been replaced by a hollow skin-puppet
>She talks the talk, she walks the walk
>Nobody's the wiser
>A superficial facade of the pony she once was mindlessly parades itself in front of her closest friends and family members, and nobody can even tell the difference
>>
>>29721015
>Haycart's method
>Inter-dimensional journal
>???
>?????
>>
>>29723704
So, in other words, the birth of Twilicorn?
>>
File: doodletwi.png (414KB, 350x979px) Image search: [Google]
doodletwi.png
414KB, 350x979px
>>29723704
>Slowly, the creature opens its mouth to speak, uttering but one cry:
MEEHOYMEENOY
>>
File: 1428164036365.png (862KB, 797x823px) Image search: [Google]
1428164036365.png
862KB, 797x823px
>>29723704
>When it has no task to complete, and when nobody is around to observe it, it merely stands perfectly still and stares blankly into space
*unzips dick*
>>
>>29721368
>Presumably, Spike could send mail to anyone regardless of where they are.

He's not been shown able to talk to Twilight even when he needs to find her, or to find anyone else for a multitude of reasons when it would have been super useful. It seems hard coded to Celestia and only Celestia.

>So even though Twilight and Starlight can teleport anywhere at this point

Twilight has a very limited range on her teleportation, she couldn't go from Canterlot to Ponyville for instance.
>>
>>29723746
>Now you're thinking with portals.
>>
>>29723852
Seriously though, I'd read a fan fiction where Sunset carries around drawing-Twilight in her book all day. Drawing-Twilight would probably stay in both journals at once, too, since writing doesn't disappear from one when it's transported to the other (as far as I can tell). Of course, when she'd talk with one group it'd seem to the other that she's just talking to herself, but still...
>>
>>29723922 ...then for some reason Twilight is forced to leave the journal on Sunset's side of the portal, but the spell can't understand where Twilight really is, backfiring and unknowingly closing the portal in the process. Now with Twilight unable to leave the book and trapped between the worlds, both humans and ponies must work fast before the time limit of the spell runs out, or else their dear friend will become no more than a bunch of ink on the paper.
>>
kill yourselves degenerates
>>
Haycart - or however you want to spell it- is an allusion to the French Philosopher and Mathematician Descartes.

I'm not well versed in his writings to know what Haycart's Method actually relates too. Dualism?
But there is a crater on the moon that's named after him.

It make you wonder if Haycart's method can be used to put ponys on other surfaces, like...THE MOON!
>>
File: pinkiepieshrug.png (26KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
pinkiepieshrug.png
26KB, 945x945px
>>29724386
Or when something screws up she hastily comes out of Sunset's side of the journal to avoid destruction, but she's still in pony form, avoiding the turning into a human shenanigans. Sunset would have to get her the fuck out of wherever she was if there were people around. Later, Sunset might ask for a hug having not received one from a pony for many moons. Then maybe through magic fuckery, Twilight may eventually fade away or start turning to ink agonizingly or some shit.
>>
>>29724594
It might be his views on solipsism. His famous, "I think, therefor I am."
Beyond personal experiences, we can only understand things through analogy.
Putting yourself in a book the same way you'd put yourself in someone else's shoes; I guess.
>>
>>29723755
dear god its like a reverse weeping angel.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.