[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: toonme.jpg (547KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
toonme.jpg
547KB, 500x700px
What I don't understand is why does he always write everything in such a negative and bittersweet way? What's even more handicapped is how he writes it so smug and unapologetically "It's good to be a loser".

https://twitter.com/mktoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2wRL3o60rg
Mike Vogel completely ruined the Wonderbolts episodes, which were suppose to be these end-goal dream episodes.

A similar problem happened with Best Night Ever, but that was handled less autistic and more normal of your average sappy cartoons. Vogel takes that sappiness and turns it into self-righteous deluded pride.

Just what the fuck is his problem?
>>
>>29720455
More like why are you this autistic? The problem is not his wiritng, it's his arrogance of trying to be a writer with no prior experience and pushing Faust out of the show.
>>
>>29720472
>No prior experience
He was a writer before he became VP at Hasbro Studios. He left because he wanted to get back into writing. If you want to talk about "no prior experience", that's Jim Miller who was a storyboard artist before becoming director.
>>
>>29720472
Together with that it's also his abysmally shit-felt writing. You do not need experience to write something positive and cute, anyone can do if they want to. He just doesn't adorable heartfelt feelings, he wants meme and retarded jokes catered to hypocrites and double standard fags like you.

He's been doing it for 7 seasons now and he even took the liberty of writing and directing the goddamn MLP movie, just how obsessed and arrogant can you get to not let even a theatrical release get away from you.

He didn't leave 1 episode alone. He trashed every single original script and edited his own script. He doesn't even try to hide it anymore, what's the point of hiring writers and directors anymore if he doesn't use them properly?
>>
>>29720455
>A similar problem happened with Best Night Ever
I don't see it, what was the problem?
>>
>>29720526
The guy never wrote anything in his life. What are you talking about?
>>
>>29720529
Is he replacing Jim Miller as the new boogeyman? Just like MA Larson is responsible for wings even though he's not? When the show is pissing you off, is this the way of trying to direct the rage at someone?
>>
File: mlp-twilight.jpg (19KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
mlp-twilight.jpg
19KB, 450x254px
>>29720548
Can you stop writing like a sassy piece of shit?
>>
>>29720534
>I don't see it, what was the problem?
Wasn't a proper finale - just a standalone episode.
All the horses suddenly forgot the whole season of constant friendship lessons (written down, no less) and ditched each other immediately.
Went terribly out of character while doing so.
The whole thing was generally unimpressive compared to the previous episode.

I have no idea what's OP talking about, though.
>>
>>29720534
Similar to the wonderbolts episodes. Each mane6 (including Spike) raise their ambitions, dreams and hopes only to get horribly disappointed and have all their dreams broken at the end, with a bittersweet unsatisfactory ending which felt nothing like a finale.

In the end they just reiterate the same hypocritical message from Ticket Master "I couldn't possibly have fun without all my friends there" after they ditched each other to follow their own dreams/goals, which also ended up poorly.
>>
>>29720557
Well they all had their own dreams about the Gala, you don't expect them to abandon it, they had no idea it would go so wrong. The only pony who's been writing down lessons was Twilight, and she wanted to discuss those lessons with Celestia all this time.
I guess Fluttershy went out of character a bit, but you have to remember, this is what they've been waiting for, even failing they don't give up easily. The season didn't revolve around the Gala, but it was pretty obvious that they all had plans and wanted to see them go right.
>previous episode
Similarly you can say that Pinkie went out of character there.

>>29720572
On the contrary, I think it was a good lesson. Even if you fail and don't get what you wanted or expected, you can always count on your friends.
>Ticket Master
>hypocritical
Nothing about it was. Oh wait, are you that one guy who looks for malicious narrative in MLP?
>>
>>29720576
You're one of those fanboy types which lie to yourself and share your lies with everyone else, don't you?
>>
>>29720576
>Similarly you can say that Pinkie went out of character there.
She did, but it was handled beautifully and her going out of character became a seamless part of her character immediately.

Fluttershy, meanwhile, took a few seasons to make her Gala sperg look not entirely stupid and out of place.

I've enjoyed the episode as I did with pretty much any other, but when it was over and I realized it was supposed to be a finale - it left a really bad aftertaste.
>>
>>29720548
Well Vogel is probably the one responsible for wings, Only Mike and Brian Lennard had that power to influence it And Brian is no longer working on MLP.
>>
File: 1978-07-28.gif (145KB, 1200x346px) Image search: [Google]
1978-07-28.gif
145KB, 1200x346px
>>29720557
>>29720572
4:24 - "It's okay, girls. I couldn't possibly enjoy myself without my best friends there with me."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ntk04n1qI

"with me"
>stays all night with Celestia.

Great consistency, Dhx.
>>
>>29720611
I agree that Flutters was treated a bit too rough. While it was fun to watch at the moment they pretty much forgotten about it. Though Pinkie's depressive side didn't appear a lot either.
I personally didn't mind BNE as a finale, and honestly I wish we had another one of these instead of ebin DBZ lazer battles, power-ups and world-shattering events. I think at the time it did fit the show better.
>>
>>29720630
>BNE as a finale
I, on the other hand, don't mind The Best Night Ever as a standalone episode - it was great in that sense - but I really don't like it as a finale.
A finale doesn't need DBZ, lasers, and wars. However, it has to say a proper farewell to a viewer - the same way an opener has to greet them.
TBNE failed to do exactly that.
>>
All the good writefags killed themselves.
>>
File: c8a.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
c8a.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
>>29720455
You mean like every season 1 episode he has ever mandated and forced the writers to shove in those retarded moral lessons in, despite how contradicting they ended up being?
>>
I unironically think Vogel is one of the better writers and I hope he writes more MLP episodes.
>>
>>29721197
Yes anon we know you're retarded, but I thought you'd improve yourself in all these 7 years you've wasted watching a toy commercial.
>>
>>29721564
The best S6 episodes were the ones he wrote.
>>
>>29721578
The most exaggerated and unfunniest which cater to your self-loathing personality, yes we know.
If you tell us what you enjoyed about them, we'll get horrified by how masochistic and easy to manipulate you are. You're a damn submissive beta, of course you enjoy this type of shit.
>>
>>29721594
I have a self-loathing personality, but given everything else you said, that seems to have just been a lucky guess. Your entire approach is ludicrous, and "beta" isn't even a thing.
>>
>>29720548
>Is he replacing Jim Miller as the new boogeyman?

Jim Miller has been receiving well deserved shit because he likes to take credit over other people's effort and then he also feels like disliking a story's script or props is like insulting HIM as well.

He wouldn't receive shit if he stayed mum, after all few people has any idea he even exists because he has done absolutely nothing of worth to make any blip on any average joe's radar.

Oh, and recently he Tweeted about having pheumonia despite it having nothing to do with his job. So, who wants to bet he's going to weaponize his illness as soon he receives any critic or non praising tweets?
>>
>>29721644
>Your entire approach is ludicrous
My lack of sympathy and convincing skills? Or the fact that I'm trying to appeal to a teenager/young adult demographic which just want to shut their brain, lower their standards and be thankful for living another day as failures?
Yeah I guess blunt honesty would be like poison to a timid teen hiding in the corner and living his life in denial.

Which is why you cannot give an objective and rational aspect on life and life decisions. You're too easy to control in the wrong direction.
Seriously, Vogel "one of the better writers" when he's the one who snatches up every script and tells the writers to fuck off and get his Mars candybar or they're fired?

This ego-centric maniac rewrote the whole MLP movie script to shove his own warped ideas of what he thinks the brony demographic might enjoy. The rest of the world and the critics are going to give the movie exactly what it deserves.
"Good 2D animation, but the writing is so self-absorbed and delusional you're wondering if the characters were on drugs".

You might as well put your trust in a arabian prince who's promising to give you 5 million USD if you just give him your lunch money.
>>
>>29721731
I can't wait to see his reaction to the movie critics. "I wrote the MLP movie! I wrote that scene. I did that. Stop insulting MY work, my work, yes".

I think he might have a genuine mental condition.
Yes. It's normal to want to steal credit, but it's not normal to delusionally feel insulted over something that's not even yours to begin with. You need to have at least 6-8 billion neurons loose if you start damaging yourself like that over nothing.
>>
>>29721765
He's defending his team.
>>
>>29721782
mhhmm I'm sure of it. :)
>>
>>29720455
>What I don't understand is why does he always write everything in such a negative and bittersweet way?
He's probably a negative person.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.