[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that at least Evil Glimmer was good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

Can we all agree that at least Evil Glimmer was good?
>>
>>29719773
In The Cutie Map, she was a pretty amazing villain.
>>
>>29719773

I put her in the top three most dangerous villains in G4, along with Tirek and Midnight Sparkle.

Main reason being she was one step ahead of Twilight with everything she did and had to be talked down. Could've planned what she did for months!
>>
>>29719773
All Glimmers are good.
>>
File: derpydoorshimmer.gif (580KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
derpydoorshimmer.gif
580KB, 500x281px
>>29719773
Glimmer was great in The Cutie Map, and good enough in The Cutie Re-Mark part 1. The Cutie Re-Mark part 2 ruined her. And in season 6 she was fucking shit.

It's amazing, they introduced a Twilight clone because they didn't know what to do with the real Twilight, and now they don't know what to do with this shitty character either. Can't wait to see her gone.
>>
File: I'm Confused.gif (677KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
I'm Confused.gif
677KB, 500x511px
>>29719773
>evil was good
>>
>>29720137
It's amazing that they made another clone as well, considering Twilight already had three at the time. What is it about Twilight that makes the writers want to clone her? More than the others, at least.
>>
>>29720158
twilight bes poner
>>
>>29720147
>>29719773
Reformed Glim is shit to the core.

Bad characters can be written well, and good characters can be written like shit. See:
Nightmare Moon was meh.
Trixie was good.
Chrysalis was good.
Sombra was bad.
Flim&Flam were good.
Tirek was utter shit.
Glim was good. Until she got reformed. She's a bland character now.

If you consider EQG relevant:
Sunset was meh.
The sirens were shit, even though that seems to be fairly unpopular opinion around here.
I didn't watch EQG 3&4 so I'll just assume the villains were poorly written, too.
>>
>>29719821
>Midnight Sparkle
Who?
>>
>>29719773
No. She had a shitty backstory and no endgame.
Let's say she defeated twilight or something. then what?
fucking nothing, that's what.
>>
>>29719773
Glim was good right up until her motivation was revealed. It's fucking ridiculous. And even then I do think that even her redemption could've been actually good if they took time to actually set it up. But that would require to actually work on their two-parter and we can't have that now can we.
>>
File: welp.jpg (10KB, 249x205px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
10KB, 249x205px
>>29720137
>Can't wait to see her gone.
If you've seen the episode descriptions that were released, it's not happening any time soon.
>>
File: 1449457702296.png (2MB, 1030x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1449457702296.png
2MB, 1030x1600px
>>29720293
Remember when pony Twilight became the element of magic? In human world, Twilight became the element of fuck everyone's shit up.
>>
File: NuGlim > Old Glim.jpg (34KB, 445x410px) Image search: [Google]
NuGlim > Old Glim.jpg
34KB, 445x410px
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>29720337
A man can dream.
>>
File: 1489635955472.jpg (20KB, 335x363px) Image search: [Google]
1489635955472.jpg
20KB, 335x363px
>>
>>29720340
you are indeed retarded or/and autistic
>>
Bless all Glimmerfriends.
>>
Gas all Glimmerfags.
>>
>>29719773
Evil Glimmer was a shit villain. Manipulative cunt with retarded goals and absolutely shit motivation and backstory. Blatantly and ridiculously Op too. Seriously, not even little girls could buy the "I improved Starswirl's spell" bullshit.
New Glimmer is a shit character. Legit retarded, sociopathic and with no moral compass.
The only time she was good was during the S6 premiere. The rest of her episodes are utter shit and stolen screentime.
But hey, at least she's got a nice color palette.
>>
>>29720625
>Blatantly and ridiculously Op
Reminder, Larson's Glimmer only ability was to steal cutie marks. It was Haber who made her OP as fuck when he decided that Glimmer could also improve Star Swirl's spells and even fly out of nowhere.
>>
>>29720411
>Who's this character?
>Gives response.
>Wow, you must be retarded.

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, didn't you friend?
>>
>>29720645
He's just mad because >>29720293 was le ebin "EqG isn't canon xddd" maymay, not a real question, and you didn't reply with another meme.
>>
>>29719773
>evil
>good
>>
>>29719773
I thought Glimmer and Twilight's relation would develop to something similar to Optimus Prime and Megatron's until Cutie Re-mark.
She had so much, perhaps too much potential as an opposing character for the Mane.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.