[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys noticed that an embarrassingly large amount of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1488924191952.jpg (32KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1488924191952.jpg
32KB, 412x430px
Have you guys noticed that an embarrassingly large amount of pony content is just a remake of something else but with ponies?
What causes this?
I think it's because it feels easier for autists to fit in when they can relate to popular culture, but this doesn't hold true when you consider the majority of us who don't really care what people think.
Another explanation could be actual autism, a common symptom of autism is being unable to think of completely original ideas, but capable of combining things they know, hence, cringy remixes with ponies.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>29712375
Idk, ponies are just cute, and sometimes it's cuter seeing them in pop culture
>>
>>29712375
Anything and everything gets mixed with pop culture.
This isn't exclusive to ponys
>>
>>29712375
>he doesn't remember 'ponify all the things'
I think you're painfully new, is what I think.
>>
>>29712375
It's a way of autists sharing other interests with each other. It isn't new.
>>
I recall seeing an interview with one of the writers in the early days, I forget which, but they essentially said that they always turn to The Brady Bunch for episode ideas becauase all slice of life plots have been done before, and the challenge and entertainment is in just applying those same scenarios to new characters and seeing how those characters respond. I don't quite agree, but that seems to be a line of thinking similar to the "there are only X plots" philosophies.
>>
>>29712375
its almost like every single thing created on the planet is derived from personal experience and reinterpreted to suit their needs.
>>
>>29712375
Reproduction is much easier than coming up with something yourself. It really is that easy.
>>
>>29712657
Honestly OP has a point, but this is how it started yes.
>>
File: si9SY.jpg (270KB, 1280x1200px) Image search: [Google]
si9SY.jpg
270KB, 1280x1200px
>>29712375
>What causes this
It's fun. That's literally it. Every fandom makes parodies, crossovers and remakes of something else, pony fandom isn't the only one who does it. Some do it more than others of course, depending on how big the fandom is. It's even better when two fandoms who are big on crossovers cross between themselves or parody each other.
>>
>>29712375
Something about ponies models being so exploitable and the fact that the show has shown celebrities in the shape of ponies which sparked the question "what if x thing was a pony?"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.