[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

File: sad to see you go.png (73KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
sad to see you go.png
73KB, 510x427px
Hey Anons, I joined back in 2012 when this board was coming to fruition. I had, and still do have a friend that has been on this journey with me. We have been friends since the first grade, and we both "came out" to each other as bronies back in 2012. I remember him texting me on my old flip phone while I was waiting in line at the DMV to get my drivers license. It was my 16th birthday.

This past year we both graduated high school and went to separate colleges. We live two states away now. We still play vidia games and talk almost daily. But today we both confessed to each other that our lives are falling apart.

I could really use some advice from you guys right now.

>be me
>Arrive at new college two states away from home. (About 8 months ago)
>Miss best friend.
>He stayed in home state for school, because of job he's had since high-school.
>They gave him an ultimatum.
>Stay and work as a manager, or take leave and be demoted.
>Gave up dream school so he could stay closer to job and family.
>Love my school but have to get job because loans.
>Get a job as a minimum wage fry-cook basically.
>Within two fucking weeks it becomes clear that I'm one of the only people that show up on time, or do any real work.
>Boss likes me.
>Starts scheduling me more, and more.
>Work 39 hours a week now because if I hit 40 Then I become full time and my boss will get in trouble because laws.
>Super stressed.
>Diet goes to shit.
>Basically all my shits are liquid now because I barely eat.
>Barely keeping an "A" average in order to keep my scholarships.
>Start having really bad nightmares.
>Becoming scared of sleep now.
>Started buying Xanax, and alcohol and mixing them in order to sleep.
>>
File: 1407770664923.jpg (1MB, 1247x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1407770664923.jpg
1MB, 1247x1272px
>>29710349
(Cont)

>Friend texts me today
>Fun conversation.
>I ask a deep-ish question
>He confesses to me that he has chest pains, pushing 40 hours at his job too (which is an hour drive from his school)
>Liquid shits, and night terrors becoming a problem for him to.
>We are both stressed out beyond what we thought was possible.
>Don't know what to due.
>We both are considering suicide.
>Feel trapped.
>WHATTHEFUCKDOWEDO.jpeg

>Parents tell us "When I was your age I worked 3 jobs in college blah blah suck it the fuck up."
>Scared to become drop outs.
>This is the only place I feel safe discussing this.
>Please help us /mlp/
>>
File: 1402891915666.jpg (97KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1402891915666.jpg
97KB, 640x1136px
>>29710360
I have to go to class now Anons.

I will be back soon. All reply's mean a hell of a lot.
>>
File: defense noted.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
defense noted.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>29710349
>>29710360
>>29710408
>>29711416
Hahah, fuck you, get out of here
>>
On a long enough timeline I think things will get better, cause everyone wants things to be better.
In the mean time think of poners when you're too stressed to think of making things better.
In summary I have no answers and am full of shit.
>>
>>29710408
For you: is getting a student loan an option? It doesn't sound good now but getting to pay off college debt slowly over time instead of having to struggle keeping up with everything now may be healthier. The older generation simply doesn't realize (and internally is avoiding the reality) that work culture is now toxic in the states. If you can get relief, either by cutting your hours (DO NOT LET YOUR BOSS GUILT YOU, HE NEEDS YOU MORE THAN YOU NEED HIM) or shifting the debt by getting a loan (check with your college for financial aid programs, they saved my butt when I was in college), it'll help you immensely. Getting a degree for something you're passionate about will be worth it eventually but you have to survive for now. Plus, being busy 24/7 is going to hinder you in the future for other important college experiences, like joining interest clubs / getting work internships / networking / etc.
For your friend... that's tougher. He made the decision to stay and that's not an easy one to get away from but chest pains are a worrisome sign. Maybe something that'll be better for now is to talk to him about what he wants to do in the future. Having a goal and working towards it is more helpful than you think - part of feeling stress is not knowing where to go or what to do next, but the fact he has you as a friend is already a huge step up from a lot of people's positions. If you two can talk about what would be the best next steps, well, it's better than thinking about being stuck where you are. And it's the only thing that'll help both of you know what can make things better.
Anyway, I hope that makes sense. Hope it helps. School is stressful enough as it is - if there's any way to mitigate the stress, go for it. But please, please try to not take it out on yourselves so much. Anything you do going forward has to start with you trusting yourself that you can do it. And you can. Both of you. You can get past this.
>>
>>29711485
Bump

Anon plz live. What this man has to say is so true don'the let others run YOUR life
>>
File: 1489079755198.jpg (41KB, 651x578px) Image search: [Google]
1489079755198.jpg
41KB, 651x578px
>>29712674
Agreed. Some fry cook job isn't worth your life dude no job is. Or get another job that's not so stressing. You have /MLP/ to life for. Also eat some damn food son don't go fully diarrhea on me never go full diarrhea on me.
>>
>>29710349
>>29710360
Stop the xanax, cut the drinking. Eat more! I know it's hard when you have no motivation, but get calorie-packed frozen meals if you have too. I always make some instant noodles and throw some cut up vegetables, chilies, mushrooms, meat in there. Boil that stuff in the water for 10 min, add the noodles and you're good to go. Exercise some if you can. I would ride this crappy exercise bike I got from my parents while I watched /wsg/. Worked pretty well. At least 45 min and I felt good about it.

Maybe you need a different job. It's hard to find one with so many hours, but if you can't stand being surrounded by useless druggies all day and doing all the work, look elsewhere. Best job I ever had was manual labor working under the table for a friend's dad's friend. Got minimum wage ($10) 8 hour days, exercise, sun, and people to talk to. It was great. You can do better than fry-cook anyway. Look to your local school district. Seriously. They hire retard wranglers here for minimum wage plus $1.75 at the least. If you can stand the kids you're golden. If you get contracted for a 1 on 1 you are looking at $16/hour where I live. Not a bad gig if you're just working with some kid with a physical disability. 39 hours isn't worth misery.

I wish I still had a friend who liked pony. My best friend dropped pony completely after he went into the Marines. He was an EqG loving anthrofag anyway though, I found out. Still, I miss the conversation. And having someone to openly talk to about everything, no holding back, no matter what it was.

I don't know what to tell you about the night terrors. I'm blessed in that my bad dreams are rare and mild. What I did do lately that helped a lot though: get an extra pillow. Fluffy and soft if you can. Cuddle that bitch. It helps so much to imagine your little pony there in your arms. Lame but it helps. Go outside more! It's beautiful out there. Do your reading outside. Best case scenario, get a cuddle buddy. Cuddles r lif
>>
File: b36dde7b59234eadac912e9a19d8eb13.jpg (302KB, 864x1536px) Image search: [Google]
b36dde7b59234eadac912e9a19d8eb13.jpg
302KB, 864x1536px
>>29712908
Fuck.

You reminded me of what I wanted to be when I first came here. Eat healthy, go outside, make memories.

It's been almost a year, and now I'm doing drugs and only leaving my room to go to class, or work. I'm not a cave troll either. I wake up at 7:00A.M. work for 8 hours, get off at 3P.M. Eat a few cheese it's while shooting the shit with a few class mates. Go to my classes, and get back to my room anywhere around 8-10P.M. And that's when I eat my first meal of the day. Battle with trying to stay asleep until around 2A.M. And then fucking repeat every single day except for Friday nights. That's when I spend $50 on about 10 bars of Xanax, and $20 or so dollars on whatever handle I feel like picking up.

I feel like this is so autistic to post to this board, but it feels so fucking good to get this off my chest.
>>
File: 1477368377638.png (406KB, 570x806px) Image search: [Google]
1477368377638.png
406KB, 570x806px
>>29712803
>>29712908
>>29713036
bump

Here OP have a laugh
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.