[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Through the Shattered Planes: A MonsterPony CYOA #3:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 484
Thread images: 33

File: OP01monpon.png (530KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
OP01monpon.png
530KB, 1300x1000px
(pic unrelated to current situation)

The shattered planes.
Lands beyond what is real, a thousand small realities, all complete with their unique dwellers. The natural order and peace reigned in each of them. In the past.

But now that the portals have opened, outsiders poured in the planes, searching for glory, and ready to crush what or whoever planned to stop them.
Even if some planes had to collapse.

You’re a hydra. You lived in your jungle until the Diamond Dog attacked. They destroyed your home plane, and now you’re in exile, searching for a new home. You are Faze, and your sisters are named Fangs and Froth.

After exploring the Unearthed Woods, a place where various undead dwell, and the Cakewalk, a toxic plane but inhabited by friendly ponies, you’ve decided to search for greener pastures where you’ll be able to rest, settle down and gather your strength before deciding your next step. You’re just entered the plane named Silent Cathedral.

Full story: https://www.anonpone.com/monsterpone/
Collected pages in your Planar Guide (updated): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ac5gmje8aj1xhhd/AAAyb23ZI_Iv1Nxca2CAFG1pa?dl=0
Inventory: 2 days’ worth of canned food, medical supplies, 3 backpacks, 3 water cans, a planar guide (book), a cutlass, 5 gems, a 10-feet wide crepe, the skull of a bone golem, an icy orb, a sleeping potion, a broadsword, an arm plate, a blunderbuss, a small jar of black powder, a small jar of lead shots, a bear trap, a bundle of bolts, a toolbox, a net, some rope, nylon string, several hooks and stakes, three gas masks, a jar of terrine.
>>
File: 060monpon.png (145KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
060monpon.png
145KB, 1200x1000px
Last post from previous thread

Just like when you entered the Cakewalk, the unbridled sun forces you to squint until you get used to the new level of luminosity. The scent of grass and the chirping of small birds hits your nose and ears, while the pleasant breeze in the sunlight makes for a quite welcoming weather.
This side of the portal you just got through rests on a small horizontal space on the cliff side of a rocky peak, getting you a nice view of the plane in front of you. Somewhat, Fangs seems extra amazed by the landscape.

First, you’re quick to notice the actual cathedral, which rests atop of a hill in the distance. It’s quite far, and it is surrounded by a forest.

Then, there’s a meadow lying in front of you. And a little further, the wavy row of trees indicate the possible presence of a river, making for quite an inviting place to rest and cool off.

Finally, there’s another peak, not so fat, on which you can see the swirling colours of what you suppose is another portal.
>>
File: 061monpon.png (147KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
061monpon.png
147KB, 1200x1000px
>>29707730
You decide to head for the river. Getting down the rocky formation and crossing this plain will probably take you a while, and you’re already a little tired form today’s events.

After half an hour of climbing down, you find yourself in the meadow bellow. Treading on tall, fresh grass is relaxing compared to a moldy soil of sticky cake. Probably thanks to the occult skull you carry, you can even come very close to several hares. You could probably hunt quite easily around here if you get familiar with the plane. Still, for now you disregard the fast-running morsels to reach the river.

The shadow of the trees and the sound of the water is soothing, and you let out a breath of relief. You’re gonna take a break here. The pristine mood reminds you a little of your home jungle, in a less… savage way, though.
However, soon you realize there’s someone else around, as you notice voices not too far away from you.

You slither closer, until you can get a glimpse of the talking ponies behind the bushes. There’s two of them discussing.
“Comu on…” you hear the bird-like mare whimpers. “Dere hazu tsu bii somushingu ai codu givu yu…”
“I’m sorry, but think of my other customers, brave lady…” The clothed pony answers, shaking his head “I cannot give you charity if I want to provide fair deals to everyone.”
You think they haven’t noticed you yet.

>What do?
>>
>>29707741
Can we understand what they're talking about?
>>
>>29707741
Oh it's a cute little Tengu with a thingy.
>>
>>29707741
Let's say hi. They're talking about trading and we have stuff to get rid of.
>>
>>29707741
>my other customers
I think he means us sisters. Time to meet the locals.
>>
>>29707741
What do our sisters think?
>>
>>29707724
>poster card
Kek.
Now i wanna play card games on shattered planes.
>>
>>29707741
Does she want the sword the 'pony is selling to her? Typical weeaboo race. Adorable is what it is.
>>
>>29707741
Buy the poor pony some food.
>>
>>29707987
We ain't no charity. Do we know if she even wants any food?
>>
>>29707741
>“Comu on…” you hear the bird-like mare whimpers. “Dere hazu tsu bii somushingu ai codu givu yu…”
>“I’m sorry, but think of my other customers, brave lady…” The clothed pony answers, shaking his head “I cannot give you charity if I want to provide fair deals to everyone.”
Sex. Sex is always the answer. Just like in one of those steamy novels we'd pick off the carcasses of outsiders.
>>
>>29707741
Ask the mare if she has any objects she could trade with us so she can use what we give her to trade with the trader.
>>
>>29708029
tradeception
>>
File: 062monpon.png (196KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
062monpon.png
196KB, 1200x1000px
>>29707811
>>29707819
>>29707830
>>29707987
>>29708029
“Other customers?” You smirk “I think he’s talking about us, sisters. Don’t you think?”
“Yeah, it’s not like any of those chump looks dangerous” Froth answers.
“I’m all for having less stuff to carry” Fangs add “Let’s introduce ourselves.”

You come out of the bushes, almost immediately, the bird-like mare jumps on her feet.
“UWA!” She exclaims, preparing to draw her weapon “A dekkai suneku-suneku caimu auto!”
“H-holy coin!” The clothed pony start to shakily back away, sounding more than a little intimidated “Well… I must inform you I am entirely inorganic, dear snake persons!”
“No need to fear.” You declare to the two ponies in front of you, smirking at the sight of their fear “We came here to trade.”
“T-tureido? Uso!” the bird barks back “Ai donto beri-”

“Oh! Pardon me!” The clothed pony cuts the bird, as he steps forward to give you a respectful bow “I let your impressive appearance distract me from my obligations, dear snake persons. How shameful of me… You want to trade? Well, you came to the right pony! Capitalrisk at your service! But I must confess, while I could imagine what kind of goods would our feathered friend wanted” He nods toward the awestruck bird pony “I have no idea what a being of your stature may need.” He continues in a suave voice “So please tell me what you desire, and I’ll see what I can provide.”
“Or perhaps… you want to sell?” He adds after observing you in silence for a second “I sense you’re carrying several artefacts of value. I could make you profit from them if you find them no use.”

“For a start…” You turn to the bird pony, which is a little at a loss about what to do since the merchant pony made his tirade. “Do You want to trade? Are you trying to get some food?”
>>
>>29708545
“Sorewa…” She tries to think for an answer, but the merchant pony quickly takes back the hold on the conversation.
“Ah, do not care about her.” He shakes his hooves “She left with only her sword on her back, and won’t hear that I do not need a bodyguard right now. Let’s get down on our business. And I don’t carry food around anyway.”

>What do?
>>
>>29708551
The little Tengu is looking to be a bodyguard you say? I'm interested. Put away your toothpick and speak, small fry.
>>
>>29708545
You don't look like you're carrying much. What do you have to offer?
>>
>>29708545
Got something we can use as armor?
>>
>>29707724
Fangs is smart waifu
>>
>>29708545
So what are you, Capitalrisk?
>>
>>29708551
We can trade a cutlass, an arm plate, a blunderbuss, a small jar of black powder, a small jar of lead shots, a bundle of bolts, a toolbox, medical supplies, 5 gems and the nylon.
I don't think anything of that could be useful for us since we're either to big for it, or we just regenerate.
>>
Guys. I think we should keep the Tengu. Think about all the things we can accomplish in a timely manner, like writing things down, or working with small complex devices.
>>
>>29708551
>>29708708
Why not keep the arm plate? It makes an excellent neck protector.
>>
>>29708731
Right, forgot we actually managed to use that.
>>
File: TheMerchant.gif (2MB, 400x214px) Image search: [Google]
TheMerchant.gif
2MB, 400x214px
>>29708551
What can you two tell us about this plane and the Outsiders that come here?
>>
>>29708719
I agree. We could use somebody with arms.
>>
>>29708719
>>29708861
Someone to crouch into tiny spaces.
>>
>>29708903
crouch into hydra butts
>>
I should really think of some rap for Faze so she can spit fire and lay down a sick roast.
>>
>>29708545
Our sword is bigger. Show em Fangs.
>>
>>29708999
Hydras don't have butts.
>>
Sorry. Got sidetracked wathcing political debate. One more update befroe bed.
>>
>>29709840
W-well actually, See you tomorrow
>>
>>29708551
Whatever we do do not trade our blanket.
Ask if he has any explosives.

We should hire the tengu tell him it would not be so much a bodyguard job as helping with things that require a smaller stature while we search for our new home after the destruction of our old one. Although there would likely be times we are attacked as well.

I am tempted to sell that stealth artifact as it is more trouble them it is worth but we can probably just leave that behind at our first base we establish then we can go back for it it if we need it.
>>
9 bump
>>
>>29710131
>>
>>29710330
>he
You have the Tengu's gender mixed up. It's a she.
>>
>>29708551
>>29710330
>anons does not even bother to grammar good.
Ok. There's not much I can do about it, but ok.
I've grow rather fond of this little artifact being sneaky with the trade off being a menacing aura? Anon please. Like a menacing aura is an issue for a hydra.
>>
>>29712426
When was it said it had a menacing aura? I meant it made us to sneaky we called out a bunch to the skeletons and nobody came.
>>
>>29712465
It was a while back. I believe it was when we talked to that one skeleton that was tending to the cows. He was explaining how they would come from other planes or something and their traits.
What about it being sneaky? How is that an issue?
>>
>>29712505
We literally could not get the skeletons to notice us despite trying our hardest.
I am fine with keeping it but first safe drop off point we get we should leave it behind and just come back if we need it.
>>
>>29712554
But think about the tactical advantage we would have at our disposal. Avoiding creatures far stronger than us, sneaking up on unsuspecting prey (more food, less energy expended for hunting). What's a little little surprise compared to that huh?
>>
>>29712637
Maybe we could seek out a way to turn it off when needed.
Although if we do keep the birb then only one of us will have the affect.

I would say we keep the thing as the tengu probably already knows stealth then the tengu can reveal itself if it needs to.
>>
>>29713007
>birb
Kek I meant to say bird here I memed accidentally.
>>
>>29708551
Boop her.
>>
>>29713007
Why don't we ask our sisters?
>>
I want to keep the stealthy-stealth skull.
>>
File: 063monpon.png (180KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
063monpon.png
180KB, 1200x1000px
>>29708572
>>29708588
>>29708631
>>29708686
>>29708708
>>29708719
>>29708731
>>29708800
>>29709209
>>29712426
>>29713999
While that merchant seems like he could be useful, you’re way more interested in that other pony. Capitalrisk says he doesn’t need help, but you’d be glad to have a couple of finer and more dexterous hooves around.
“So you want to be a bodyguard?” You close up on the bird pony, disregarding the vendor which looks a little bit annoyed. “Speak up, little one. I’m interested.”

“Jitsuwa…” She lowers her blade “I’m not here for that. But then I met Fuku-san and he showed a really kakkoi sword…” She blushes, looking a little embarrassed “Datte… I had, no money, so I asked him if I could be his yojimbo instead.”

Somehow, you managed to get a hold on the bird-pony’s horrible accent, and you’re a little more comfortable understanding what she says. But the few foreign words she uses still make you cringe.
“Huh…” You raise an eyebrow. You’re not sure how you’re gonna have her follow you around in that case. “So, what are you here for actually?”

“Sorewa, I heard there was a warrior order on this plane. And that they were super tsuyoi and kakkoi!” She clenches her fists in determination “Watashi wa tsuyoku ni naritai! I want to learn their techniques and become the strongest warrior!”

“Woah! Sounds exticting!” Fangs pulls out her own sword, and gives the bird a friendly boop “I’ve been getting into swordsponship myself recently!”
“Sugoi!” The bird pony cheerfully exclaims. “I didn’t know even suneku-san would be into swords. Swords are really the coolest thing ever!”

“Yeah, that’s what all tengus say.” Capitalrisk disdainfully barges in the conversation “Hence why I wanted to sell her a sword, but I didn’t realise she was broke. Something you aren’t, right?”
>>
>>29715917
“Right…” You answer the vendor “But what are you actually? You don’t look like you carry much stuff around for a merchant.”
“Dear snake persons, know that I feel the quality of my wares for my body IS the wares I carry!” He pulls on one of his seams, revealing the glitter of gold behind “If you wanted a proof about how high-class my merchandise is, know that I am a treasure golem, and I take great pride in taking care of my body!”

“Alright, then I have things to sell you.” You declare.
“Hm?” He observes you as you empty the items from your bag, looking a little disappointed “In all that junk, only the gems and black powder are interesting. I’m no scrap dealer, and I get quality wares by only buying quality!”

“And what about you?” You ask “Would you have some protections for us?”
“For defence? Let me see…” Capitalrisk begins to search for something behind his fabric. “Aha! That will surely suit you!” He declares, as he brings out a shiny chainmail from his midsection. From its size and shape, you should be able to protect one of your other necks with that.
“In addition from being made of the finest steel, this mail is also enchanted to be as pliable as silk while keeping its resistance.” Capitalrisk explains.
“Alright” You nod “We’ll see about-“
“BUT!” He cuts you “These mere jewels won’t do. I’m gonna ask you to raise the stakes if you want this.”

Since he already mentioned he knows you carry some occult item, you think he want you to trade what you got from the bone golem. But you’re not exactly ready to sell the skull, the stealth being a really good advantage for somebody as massive as you.
Candy, the ghost who’s started following you explained people won’t hear you until their eyes meet yours, but you’ll have a sinister aura as long as you carry the skull. You’re not sure you should show it to the merchant.
>>
>>29715923
But maybe you could also ask for something to seal away the ill properties of the skull instead. Also maybe you could trade the icy orb?

“We’ll see about that…” You hiss. You feel like this merchant became a little too comfortable with you since you started trading “Don’t you have anything else? And do you happen to know what kind of outsiders are roaming this plane?”

“Naturally! Information is one of my best selling products. I have one of those map the outsiders make for this plane.” He produces some pages from under his hat “I also have some about the natives of this plane too. I’ll give you the five pages against the five gems. Does that sound good to you? Also, I remember outsiders rarely come here anymore. They explored this plane already and didn’t find anything worthy to exploit.”

“Hmm…” You nod “And do you happen to have explosives?”
“Hin, hin… Naturally!” He pulls out a couple of candle like batons, and also little spherical thingys from his coat. Some blue, and others black. “You’d be surprised how much outsiders ask for these. They all think they’re the smartest, getting the same trump card… Anyway, I’ve got regular explosives, flash bombs, and smoke clouds. I’ll take two gems for one in each case.” He offers.

>What do?
>>
>>29715917
I giggling madly in my chair at how cute she is
>>
>>29715923
You know I kind of wonder what's stopping us from smashing him right now. Capitalism is complicated, boring and frustrating.
>>
>>29715917
Are those strange brackets a reference to something?
>>
>>29715931
Information is most useful and the bombs are neat, but we have powers. I wonder how he'd feel about our information? Might not be much, but you never know. Also, one creatures trash is another's treasure and vice versa, so even if he might not value the "scrap" he might be able to find somebody that does and be able to get treasure from them for cheap. Lastly, since the Tengu seems to have no chance to buy the sword, check how much it's worth.

>>29715964
Can't get any future deals from a corpse.
>>
>>29715931
Lets buy the information.
Wish the weeb bird success on her learning.
>>
File: JojoMenacing.gif (928KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
JojoMenacing.gif
928KB, 500x281px
>>29715931
Apply spoopy skull to Merchant for bartering bonus. This is just a part of bartering you guys. It's all mind games.
Ask for the price of the sharp toothpick. It might be useful for cutting up meat for food.
>>29715982
>>29715999
Why spend our gems for info when we can go ask someone that lives here. The Tengu is searching for some swordsman group that resides on this plane. We can ask them instead.
>>
>>29715982
Deals? More like steals. I bet these treasure golem have a hard on for valuables and as much avarice to match. Not saying we should, just that they might be super jews when trading.
>>
>>29715917
How much was he is he going to sell the sword for? Then ask the Tengu how much he was going to sell it to her for.
>>
>>29716076
>trying to lower prices
nah I would rather take the price offered bartering is stupid at best when we have more goods we can offer alternative deals
>bartering through intimidation
FUCK NO
if we are going to barter do it the old fashioned way I want this guy to like us.

as for info it is incredibly handy to have it all easily accessible.
>>
>>29715931
>>29716076 (my post)
Just to clarify, when I had said Apply spoopy skull to Merchant, I don't don't mean by selling it. I want us to use it's passive sinister aura to maybe get a batter deal.
>>
>>29716076
They are unlikely to have maps.
>>
>>29716164
>No pauses in sentence
>grammar is overrated
Ew. Please stop posting.
Are you not worried about this guy trying to stiff us? To him we're just another 'friend' with cash to spend. And what I want then to do IS the old fashion way. There's a lot of different 'old fashion ways' to bartering, don'cha ya know.
>>
>>29716178
An you know this how? Listen, if they're a group that resides on this plane, then they must know the ins and outs of it. Where to go for the best views, the best deals on swords, etc.
>>
>>29715931
>>29715999
I want to save our gems for something else. Ask him if we can find him later if we change out mind.

>>29715999
The little chickidy has wings. If we can convince her to stick with us then we can she can fly up and look for landmarks that look important.
>>
>>29707724
Looking at the updated maps I wonder if it is taking the god artifact or killing the keeper that makes a plane colapse.
>>
>>29716220
I also assume the rates given are bountys.
>>
>>29716209
We can use that to drive the price down.
>>
File: 064monpon.png (139KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
064monpon.png
139KB, 1200x1000px
>>29715964
>>29715982
>>29716076
>>29716151
>>29716172
>>29716164
>>29716219
>>29716209
You wonder if you could make that merchant a little more compliant with you natural arguments... You get a little closer and loom menacingly over him, casually showing your fangs.

“D-dear snake persons” He immediately speaks up “I regret to inform you that I’ve been dealing with rogues, scoundrels and brutes since said rogues, scoundrels and brutes started flooding the planes.” While he does his best to sounds confident, he can’t completely supress a certain uneasiness in his movement and expression. “I’ll also inform you that I can instantly myself warp back to my home plane should you feel like you’re above doing business with me.”
In the end, he does sound like won’t let fear get in the way of his trade.

Welp, being nice might be a better way to make a good deal after all.
“Alright, sorry about that.” You declare, more laid back, thus easing the tension a little. You’re tempted to buy the pages, especially since Candy can help you read now, but you have good hope you can get them for cheaper somewhere else. Or just ask the natives for directions.

“Also, are you sure you don’t want to buy anything else?” You ask again about your stuff “Someone else might need it, and they’ll give you something good for that ‘junk’ “
“No need to worry yourselves about me” The clothed pony politely shakes his head “I know my business, dear snake persons. And I’ll tell you most prefer going to established trade posts to acquire mundane stuff. I mostly specialise in oddities and the extraordinary.”

“I see… So, how extraordinary I that sword you tried to sell miss tengu over here?”
“This sword?” He solemnly pick it up again “A masterpiece of craftsponship! The greatest steal folded a thousand times over!” You hear the tengu sigh in admiration “And enchanted to be eternally sharp."
>>
>>29716676
"A shame, but once again your simple gems won’t be enough.”

“Then how much is enough?” You retort. “What’s the price?”
“Yeah!” Fangs adds “You haven’t been giving us any price for you wares, did you?”
“And how much was Miss tengu...” You nod in her direction “Offering to get the sword? Is it that expensive?”
“She was ready to offer her services for a year” Capitalrisk answers “But really I do not need any follower. Also, aside from gems, there isn’t much things people use as currency these days. Exchanging an item for another one is how I do in general. And for an item like this sword I’m holding, I would be insane to ask for less than three dozens good-sized gems!”

“Hum… I’ll need time to think, then. Will I be able to find you again?” You ask.
“I’m leaving tomorrow morning.” The merchant answers “Then I’ll head for the Twilight Cove, an adjacent plane. I’ll stay around here before that, just to see if there’s some wandering outsiders passing by.”
“Then I’ll see you later.” You state
“My pleasure.” The vendor respectfully bows to you. But you still detect a slight hint of annoyance in him. Probably because you didn’t buy anything.
“Bye!” Fangs says, as you motion to talk to the tengu again.

“So, you’re heading for the cathedral, right?” You ask her, trying your best to sound friendly. “I’m going there too. Shall we… keep company to each other?”
“I don’t mind.” The bird Pony answers with a smile “You were kinda kowai at first, suneku-san, but now I think you’re nice.”
“My name is Faze actually.” You correct her. “And these are Froth and Fangs.”
“Hajimemashite, Faze-san, Froth-san, Fangs-san!” She bows to you “Watashi wa Tori!”
“It’s… Faze…”
“Soda! Faze-san!” She grins at you.

>What do?
>>
>>29716687
No it's, what? My name is Faze, not Faze-son. Where is this son coming from? This a language thing?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29716676
She's a qt
>>
>>29716687
Say you hope she has success with this order.
>>
>>29716676
Well does she know anything about this plane or the one she came from?
>>
T
>>
10! Wee. What a save.
>>
Bemp
>>
>>29707724
>Progenitus
can we get an artifact or soul that turns us into managorger hydra
>>
>>29719021
If we do we'll have to deal with more heads. Unless it's just three groups of heads controlled by each sister.
>>
>>29719512
Maybe a managorger hydra who uses the gourged mana to make her flames bigger.
>>
>>29719512
Progenitus has 5 heads although I suppose that is nowhere near as much as managorge gets.
>>
>>29719741
>>29720418
>transforms into a mighty hydra
>head puns ensues
>>
>>29716676
What does San mean?
>>
>>29716687
Do we even know what she is?
>>
Monstrous strength is great.
>>
Bump for triple snekpone supreme
>>
Snekbump
>>
>>29716768
>>29716881
>>29716910
>>29720597
>>29721142
“Wait, no, Faze!” you correct her again.
“So! Faze-san!” Tori nods.
“What the… Where does that san came from?” You answer, more and more confused.
“Well it’s your name! Faze-san!”
“But there is no son!” Froth interjects.
“You do look quite young for a son, Froth-san.”
“What?” You sister seems to be about as confused as you are. “What do you mean? What would I get if I was older?”
“Well…” Tori ponders for a second “Maybe, I could address you as Froth-sama”
“Aaah!” Fangs cringes. “Let’s forget it! Let’s just head for the Cathedral!”

Listening to your sister, your little group start making its way through the forest. Unlike the Unearthed Woods, the light of the sun pierces the canopy quite often, and the chirping of birds confirms this plane is teeming with life.
Along the way, you manage to understand adding terminations to people’s name is sort of a cultural thing for Tori, and she’s so used to it she could never saying it. After telling her a little more about you, you also end up asking here where does she come from.

“I came from the Sky Archipelago” She answers “It’s just next to this plane. But you shouldn’t go there since you can’t fly. There’s lots of other tengus like me here, but most of us leave to follow their own way of the bushi.”
“Tengus.” You remember hearing Capitalrisk calling Tori that way “That’s how you people call yourself, right?”
“So!”
>>
File: 065monpon.png (156KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
065monpon.png
156KB, 1200x1000px
>>29723359
A little while later, you arrive in from of the cathedral without encountering anything worth mentioning. You don’t get much of a view since it is in the middle of the forest, but you can guess the stone cathedral is by far the biggest building you’ve ever seen. You’re got to crane up your neck to see the top, and the birds you see flying around the towers look small enough to be several hundred feet away from you. You think there might be openings up there, but you don’t see any way to climb. Aside from that, there’s only the door.

The place is utterly silent aside from the whistling of the wide on the building, but somewhat you’ve got a strange uneasy feeling of uneasiness watching the stone monument. You feel like you don’t belong here.

You remember what Cinnanana told you about how this place is supposed to be inhabited by gargoyles. And from what Tori told you, they probably know how to fight. You come closer to the massive stone doors of the building. While the cathedral is bare of any ornament for the most of it, you find scriptures on the porch over you.

“The halls of Sancta lies beyond these doors.” You read out loud “Enter, and the pure shall find their reward, the sinners, their atonement, and a fitting end for the wretched ones.”
“Err…” Froth seems a little unsure of herself “For which group does we qualify, girls?”
“Well…” Fangs ponders “We’re probably not ‘pure’ but it would also be very rude to call us wretched...”
“Y-yosh!” Tori lets out a huff as she musters her courage. “The way of the bushi is pure! I’m getting inside. What about you?” She turns her pointy snout to you.

>What do?
>>
Only post for tonight. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>29723370
I agree with fangs we are sinners (attacking that caravan, considering rapeing that guy and making those skeleton puns) we seek atonement not a fitting end.
>>
>>29723370
Dunno. Lets watch Tori enter and see if she's pure of heart. Fangs is the one with the magic eyes. Why don't she tell us?
>>
>>29723403
Well that group of caravaners were slavers anyways so who cares. An that rapey vibe we were giving was just an intimidation tactic. But yeah. We're in between wretched and pure, or we're just neutral.
>>
>>29723423
>Well that group of caravaners were slavers anyways so who cares
Yes but at the time we just assumed they were the people who attacked our plane.
>>
>>29723370
Lets go. Make sure to knock before entering, no reason to be rude.
>>
>>29723370
What's Froth worried about? She can just headbutt them to death with that thick skull of hers.
>>
>>29723507
I imagine the fitting end would be getting instantly consumed by magical flames the moment we enter.
>>
>>29723609
Really? I figured a bunch of gargoyles would come out and try to gank us until we left the cathedral.
>>
>>29723609
I should clarify I do not think we will be consumed that is just what probably happens to the wretched.
>>
>>29723624
Yeah. We're just awesome. BUT on the chance of that being the to go way of disposing the wretched, it wouldn't do anything, what with the fire resistance and all. Heh.
>>
>>29723370
That's a big Cathedral.
>>
>>29723370
I feel like entering this place without knowing the actual values or combat capabilities of the inhabitants is a big mistake. A safer bet would probably be to explore the woods a bit more on the off chance we find a cave or some other form of shelter. There's also a chance we meet more inhabitants to pry info out of about said cathedral or shelter locations.

Worst case, we can go back to the salesman to see if he might have info to sell us on a place to take up residence.
>>
Going to bed, have a good night bump
>>
>>29723907
If I take of that stepel will you die.
>>
>>29725656
It would be extremely sacrilegious
>>
>>29725656
Go to bed anon
>>
>>29725656
It would be extremely expensive to replace.
>>
>>29725858
For the gargoyles.
>>
>>29726682
Crush the gargoyles in our sexy grip
>>
>>29723507
>>29723609
>>29723618
>>29723624
>>29725656
>>29727082
Shit like this is the ONLY reason we have any chance at being worse than sinners.
>>
>>29727155
Everyone's a sinner to an extent. Even those pure of heart. I'm loving this plane. Lots of easy prey to pic, THANKS to the skull.
>>
>>29723370
When we're at the threshold of the door, stick the tip of our tail in. How funny would it be if something magical tried to immolate us?
>>
>>29723370
How dare this building be bigger than us.
Kind of nerve wracking right? Eat a rabbit as comfort food.
>>
>>29726682
No the gargoyles would make the one who broke it replace it.
>>
File: 066monpon.png (292KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
066monpon.png
292KB, 1200x1000px
>>29723403
>>29723409
>>29723459
>>29723507
>>29724464
>>29727191
“Well, we’re probably in the sinner zone. I mean we’re not particularly evil!” You quickly add as you see the tengu’s worried gaze on you “As long as you don’t make a moral case each time you have to eat of fight something…”
“Y-yeah.” Froth adds. “We should explain these gargoyles how does the rules of nature work.”
“You sound a little scared at the idea, though…” Fangs comment her sister’s obvious lack of resolve. “Do you think you’re not strong enough to fight then?”

“Well…” She looks away. “What if they’re wizards or something? Or what if there’s a swarm of them? I wish we knew a little more.”
“I think we could take them on.” You nod. “Fire, even holy, shouldn’t bother us much.”
You just said that, but without any more information, you don’t feel like getting inside here already. Even if you’re only at sinner level, you’re not sure what the gargoyles mean by atonement… Returning to the merchant pony to buy some pages seems like a decent plan right now. You turn to answer the tengu’s question.

“I’ll… You go first.” You eventually declare. “We still need some time to think.”
“Okay.” Tori nods, and turns to the gigantic (for her) stone door and knocks.

After a few seconds of tense silence, the door opens in a sinister rumble before your small friend. The inside is completely dark, safe from what seems to be a stone fountain shaped like a beautiful mare having both a horn and wings. The fountain is bathed in a strange blue light, and it seems to stand in the middle of the cathedral.

You take the occasion to slip the tip of your tail inside, in case there might some spell to hurt you should you choose to enter, but nothing happens. That may mean the gargoyles are completely in charge of the defence of this place. Which reminds you…
>>
>>29728798
“Fangs.” You mutter to your sister while the tengu slowly makes her way in “What do your ghost eyes see?”
“That fountain… it’s overflowing with… soul-like energy!” She says “It’s bigger than anything I’ve seen so far!”
“Can you see the gargoyles?”
“No… Candy…” Your sister pauses “She says her vision can only learn a little more about things we can already see on our own. I still won’t be able to see the gargoyles if they’re hidden in the darkness.”

Your train of thought is interrupted, the doors suddenly slam shut behind the tengu, leaving you alone. The walls are thick enough to prevent you from earing anything from inside the walls or the cathedral.
“Uh… Do you think that’s normal?” Fangs ask, sounding worried about your feathery friend.

>What do?
>>
>>29728805
Can Fangs still see Tori through the wall? If anything happens we might have to do something.
>>
>>29728805
Lets go now! we aren't some spineless little snake, we're a mighty hydra! We are victims who's home was destroyed by a bunch of greedy dogs and we've done very little towards revenge. If there is to be any kind of retribution for our past actions, let hold our heads high and take responsibility!
>>
>>29728858
>She says her vision can only learn a little more about things we can already see on our own.
>>
>>29728869
Oops. Fucking me being stupid and forgetful.
>>29728863
I like this. If the sisters agree then lets have at em. If it's just stone then Froth can headbutt our way out.
Note: buy Froth a very tough helmet with blades and spikes.
>>
>>29728805
Even if it is probably safe to go inside lets allow the tengu to deal with her own stuff before the cathedral gets to full.
>>
File: 067.png (36KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
067.png
36KB, 1200x1000px
>>29728863
>>29728901
>>29729017
“I don’t know, but I don’t feel like taking any risk. Let’s go in!” You declare “Froth! I’m counting on you to head-butt our way out of this if things go awry!”
“Heh.” She smiles deviously “You can count on me for that, sis!”

After making sure both of your sister were ready, you knock on the door, and once again it opens a couple of seconds later. However, you do not see any trace of Tori anymore.

“Looks like we’re going all the way in…” You mutter to yourself as you make your way inside the stone building. And just like for your friend, the soon door slams shut behind you. This place is unnaturally dark, the light around the statue not coming any further than the close range of the fountain and leaving the rest of the building in almost complete obscurity. You can barely see the contours of the place, but you think that aside from a couple of doors and the fountain, this place seems completely bare.

“What has brought you here, hydra?” A feminine but harsh voice calls from the darkness above. You raise your head to see one… several… many forms hidden in the dark among the beams of the cathedral.

“We… Our friend went inside a moment ago.” Fangs speaks up “We just wanted to know what happened to her.”
“The tengu willingly accepted our trials.” The voice answers you. “She is confessing right now. This will take a while.”

And then, after a few seconds of silence “We usually do not allow people to come out of the cathedral without appraising their worth, but since you came to ask about your friend, we are willing to make an exception.”

>What do?
>>
>>29729230
Lets ask them if they're aware of what happened to our plane. It doesn't sound like they get much visitors here.
>>
>>29729230
I hate to be nosy, but can you tell me what will happen if she fails or succeeds?
>>
>>29729230
I am unsure we want to be apraised.
>>
>>29729334
Afraid the monsters will judge another monster as being monstrous?
>>
>>29729230
>Why is it dark in here?
Saying this IC. I know why. Gars turn to stone and die (not sure if they really die, but it makes them vulnerable).
>>
>>29729230
Do they mind if we go outside and come back with a torch? And when I say torch if mean break a tree and light it on fire. we can hold it with our tail as we move.
>>
>>29729230
Maybe with a little time, our eyes will slowly adapt to the darkness.
>>
>>29729230
So what will they do with her if she's not pure of heart.
>>
>>29729230
Let's get our worth appraised.
>>
File: 068monpon.png (99KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
068monpon.png
99KB, 1200x1000px
>>29729317
>>29729332
>>29729334
>>29729489
>>29729510
You hope your eyes will soon accommodate to the darkness, but you still think you’ll be at a huge disadvantage if you had to fight in these conditions.

“What will you do with her if she’s not pure?” You ask to the gargoyles.
“Then we’ll encourage her to follow the path of purity.” You are answer “And purge the evil out of her.”

“I also wanted to ask” You continue “Since you look like you don’t have much visit-“
“Enough! This sacred hall is not the place for lengthy discussions!” The gargoyle sternly cuts you “Come back when the sun is set if you have more you want to speak of. If it can appease your mind in the meantime, your friend genuinely looked to me like her heart was in the right place. I’d be surprised if she had much to atone for.”

The door behind you opens once more, letting just a little light penetrate the hall.
“Now go, hydra, unless you too want to subject yourself to our trials.” The voice of the gargoyle resonates in the cathedral.

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>29729793
Thank the gargoyles for letting you leave and go buy that info from the merchant.

I know some people argued against this but having that info all in one spot along with interesting text and diagrams and shit was fantastic.
>>
>>29729793
Do they look any bigger or smaller than us?
Well aren't they pretty.
>>
>>29729793
Alright. We should get those documents from Capital and look for another sleeping spot, just in case. We'll be back.
>>
>>29729793
Alright, fine. We might come back later at sunset. Come on Tori, let's bounce.

When we leave lets ask her what happened. Di they fight or something?
>>
>>29729864
>>29729929
This, please. We can even ask about gargoyle weaknesses if we are really intent on taking this place heads on later.
>>
>>29729793
So is Tori gonna stick around us now or head on out to the monastery thing?
>>
>>29729793
Let's go kill and eat some rabbits.
>>
>>29730937
>>
>>29731623
>>
>>29729793
Basically what's been said. Jet and head back to get the docs. We need to do all in our power and persuasion to keep Tori along with us if we do decide to come back, since she's on the gargoyles good side. It'll make life easier than a brawl.
>>
>>29732505
>Art for the Tori
well that some good fan art.
>>
>>29732505
Noice! Making me wish we picked Tengu.
>>
No session tonight. sorry. See you tomorrow.

>>29732505
That's fucking top stuff, mate. Thanks!
>>
Okay, I'm confused now. Why does everyone think Tori is with us? Last I checked, she's still being judged.
>>
>>29735718
I know, right?
>>
Random lurker here. Just letting you know I love your story.
>>
>>29736079
getsuga tenshou!
>>
>>29735132
>>
Bun
>>
>>29732505
She has to get back, back to the past.
>>
>>29738620
Unfortunately, she's too buckoo cuckoo.
>>
Time sure does fly when you're having fun.
>>
This shouldn't be on page nine. Always so many shitposts on saturday.
>>
>>29732505
I'm now wishing we had met a Tengu with Jack's personality instead.
>>
>>29740747
Would totally have made a husbando out of him.
>>
File: 069monpon.png (166KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
069monpon.png
166KB, 1200x1000px
>>29729864
>>29729910
>>29729929
>>29730920
>>29730937
>>29732505
“A-alright, thanks for hearing me.” You declare as you back away toward the daylight, not willing to challenge a powerful foe unprepared. Even if the silhouettes of the gargoyles are only as big as regular ponies, the darkness and their number put you at too much of a disadvantage to try to force your way in.

Out of the cathedral, you’re in the sunlight again. For now. Twilight should be in less than two hours, which means you’ve got enough time to go back to that merchant to get some information on the gargoyles, and even catch some game in the meantime. You’re getting peckish.
Let’s just hope Tori isn’t gonna stick around in that monastery…

Your hunt is bountiful, as you manage to get yourself an adult boar. Surprised, the animal didn’t even think about running away and desperately charged you head-on instead. Its last mistake. Sated, you then tread toward the edge of the forest, following the river to find the merchant again.

Coming closer to where you first met him, you’re a little surprised to have Capitalrisk find you instead, coming out of a thicket.
“H-hi again, dear snake persons” He greets you for the second time today, sounding a little tense “Did you change your mind, maybe?”

>What do?
>>
>>29740845
He's acting suspicious. Did you do something that would make us angry?
>>
>>29740845
What are you hiding from?
>>
>>29740845
Well we are here to buy some information from you about the creature from this planes.
>>
>>29740845
How did you find us?

ooc he couldn't have spotted or heard us unless he say our eyes.
>>
>>29740845
Since he sells information it could be possible that he sold the information of our location to someone else. I'd keep an eye on our surroundings in case someone else plans to ambush us.
>>
>>29740845
>>29741268
I'm with this anon, but we're already here. Next time let's just force a diamond dog to dig up gems or something. Like in that one episode where spike and rarity we digging no deeper than a foot to get a shit ton of gems?
>>
File: 070monpon.png (177KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
070monpon.png
177KB, 1200x1000px
>>29740879
>>29740922
>>29740964
>>29740967
You raise a suspicious eyebrow.
“Were you hiding from something in that bush?” You ask “Was it us?”
“Yeah, what’s the problem little one?” Froth adds threateningly. “Was there something we weren’t meant to see?”

“Ah… Pay it no attention.” He stutters, shaking his arms apologetically “I just… a pearl rolled out of my seams, and I was afraid I had lost it in this bush. But here it is!” He shows a small iridescent sphere for an instant before tucking it behind his fabric “Now, you were searching for me, right?”

“Yes.” You answer after a short silence, still unconvinced “We’re gonna take all the information you can give us on the gargoyles.”
“Ah…” Capitalrisk seem to ease up now that you’re talking business “I take it you met them in some way, right? I’ll give you the page about the gargoyles and the one about the plane. It explains a little more about the Cathedral in that one.”
“Hum, sounds fine…” You nod while the merchant searches for the pages, and add “So you heard us coming, right?”
“I guess so.” He answers “No offense, but your stature makes you rather hard to miss… Ahem. D-dear snake persons?”

He sounds afraid once again. Probably since he saw you and your sisters deviously grinning at him after his obvious lie.

>What do?
>>
>>29740845
Yes please I would like those maps.
>>
>>29741433
Uproot that bush.
>>
>>29741433
You heard us coming despite us carrying a cursed artifact that makes it so we can't be detected?
>>
>>29741433
Ask if this plane is the only one he has maps for.
>>
>>29741433
Exchange goods with him cause I really think we need that page and map, but after I'd suggest we make an attempt to capture him in our coils because something is for sure up. If he actually poofs away like he threatened the last time we saw him then I'd suggest we make a rush for the bush he was telling us to ignore. I get the feeling someone is hiding in it.

As for how he "heard" us, it could be he is keeping tabs on us magically. Perhaps through scrying or something.
>>
>>29741433
I want to check the bush
>>
>>29741433
You mean like the first time we met? Don't you lie to us now.
>>
>>29741433
>>29741460
Ok. Shit for brain. You want to tell him the rest of our strength and weaknesses?

Oh my bad. You were probably thinking that, not posting for Faze to say that.
>>
>>29741754
Thought, I suck at dialogue.
>>
>>29741433
Boop him. And ask if he has a dick.
>>
>>29741433
What are you hiding!
>>
File: 071monpon.png (214KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
071monpon.png
214KB, 1200x1000px
>>29741454
>>29741529
>>29741733
>>29741742
>>29742493
“Don’t lie to us, now!” You hiss at the merchant. “Move aside!”

But as soon as you approach closer to the bush, an equine form flies away. You identify a heavily armoured pegasus, wearing a protective mask. You’re quite surprised he still can fly with all that stuff. A moment after, two unicorns in a similar gear get out on the other side of the bush, ready to fire spells at you.

“Hold on!” The male pegasus calls, stern, but not outright aggressive “Let’s calm down. We saw you coming, hydra, and we didn’t expect you to be… civilised, even if the golem told us so.”
“Th-that’s right!” Capiralirisk blurts in panic “I told them, but they insisted I talked to you first! I was just trying not to shun away any customer!”
“That is true. We didn’t think you could, but since you do sound like you can be reasonable, there’s no point in getting violent anymore. You have our apologies.” He turns to Capitalrisk. “And you too golem. You were right. And I think we can all agree to remain calm and pacific since we both want to trade with you.” He turns to you once more “Do you accept, hydra?”

Despite the speech of the pegasus, the two unicorns are still pointing their horns at you. They seem to wait for your reaction before letting their guard down even a little.

>What do?
>>
see youtomorrow
>>
>>29742505
Who. Are. You?
>>
>>29742505
I guess we can be civil. For now. Now who are you small fries? Are you from the Colony?
>>
>>29742505
The way they're acting seems a bit different from the other outsiders. We might as well give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but make sure to keep our guard up.
>>
>>29742505
As long as you don't go around destroying planes.
>>
>>29742505
How did you manage to notice me? Are those masks enchanted?
>>
>>29742505
I am glad we were able to resolve this peacefully it would be a shame if I had to kill you.
But as many planer guide pages as you can.
>>
>>29742505
Fucking outsiders man. I see how it is. So you're assuming that just because we're a hydra - oh do you want to start a fight now?
Be careful what You say next time ponies. Now, do you guys know anything about a group of fire stick weilding dogs? We have a score to settle.
>>
>>29742609
I would rather we not get offended or at least not show we are offended.
>>
>>29742808
Why
>>
>>29742872
Because I want them to like us as much as possible.
Besides going full ree would be fucking embarasing if we are gonna get offended it should be a shorter statment.
>>
>>29742872
Because we're going to need allies and not enemies to take on the dogs?
>>
>>29743144
>Besides going full ree would be fucking embarasing if we are gonna get offended it should be a shorter statment.
There's something about this I find odd.
>>
>>29743175
And if they are indifferent or allied to the dogs?
>>
>>29743719
I don't feel it. I know the feeling all to well though.
>>
>>29743997
I think it's missing a period and a few commas.
>>
>>29744026
That's a strange thing to find odd but it looks to me like it is missing just a single comma.
>>
>>29743725
If we just kill people who are indifferent we might start getting hunted. Best to just stick to killing dogs and dog friends.
>>
>>29743725
If they are indifferent we leave them on there merry way.
>>
Say "boo"
>>
Better watch out!
>>
>>29746700
Im telling you why!
>>
>>29745317
>>
File: 072monpon.png (2MB, 1200x1300px) Image search: [Google]
072monpon.png
2MB, 1200x1300px
>>29742533
>>29742551
>>29742553
>>29742598
>>29742577
They do not talk like the other outsiders you’ve met. You’ll give them the benefit of the doubt for now…

“Who. Are. You?” You slowly hiss, glaring at them, ready to pounce at the first funny move from them.
“We’re adventurers.” The pegasus calmly states “We’re heading to the Wizard’s Cube, a nearby plane to gather materials.”
“Are you from The Colony?”
“Yes.” He nods “That’s our base camp.”
“Ever heard of a large group of diamond dogs over there?” You continue questioning him.
“Hard to miss them.” The pegasus answers “Their camp is almost as large as the rest of the city. We have nothing to do with them, though.”

You ponder for a few moment, and… you let out a sight.
“Alright…” you tell the small company “Let’s just not bother each other...”
“…But one last thing!” The outsiders tense up a little more “How did you manage to notice me?”
They exchange a look in silence, before answering.
“I was on the lookout when you came.” The pegasus explains “I saw you coming. I realised later that you’re a lot less noisy than you should, but you’re not invisible either.”
“Hum… Thanks for telling me.” You conclude.

As you turn toward Capitalrisk again, the ponies seem to ease up a little, the unicorns finally pointing their pesky magical horns somewhere else than at you, and start to whisper with the pegasus. They’ll probably wait for you to be done with the merchant before trading with him themselves.
“Keep an eye on them, you two…” You mutter to your sisters, still more than a little wary of the adventurers.

“Alright Capitalrisk.” You tell the vendor. “You got the pages I asked earlier?”
“Of course!” He answer and gives you the pages while taking two of your gems, leaving you with 3 “A pleasure witnessing with you the marvel of ponies brought together thanks to the miracle of commerce!”
>>
>>29747848
“Yeah, sure…” You cringe slightly “Also, do you have pages of other planes?”
“Naturally!” He nods “I have Winter Calm, Unearthed Woods, Cakewalk, Twilight Cove, Smokey Mountain, Wild Steppes, Neon Floor and Damned Village. Does any of these sound interesting?”

>What do?

(planar guide updated)
>>
Only update for today. See you tomorrow
>>
>>29747855
I want them to take us to the diamond dog camp. They've taken something from us and we REALLY want it back.

We're a predator. Can we smell any fear from them?
>>
>>29747855
Noice. Wild Steppes and Damned Village stick out to me as possible hydra hunting grounds the most. Smokey Mountain could have a nice new cave to call home, and thats our top priority right now.
While a nice place to hunt, unless we go through the trials of the gargoyles, there is no way we can make ourselfs a nest in Cathedral.
>>
>>29748065
You actually think we're ready for that? Be a bit more patient, we don't even have a place to sleep yet.
>>
>>29748146
We can sleep anywhere we want, so long as it's not cake walk. That place it too greasy.
>>
>>29748223
I see, so you'd rather commit suicide by attacking them head-on instead of spending time to prepare for the battle and find a way to continue living after we get our revenge.
>>
>>29748223
There's a difference between sleeping somewhere and safely being able to keep stuff there. We might find later on we don't want to carry everything with us, and a place to stay would help with that.

>>29747855
Let's ask Capitalrisk if he might know of any places such as caves, hollows, or abandoned buildings we could take up residence in. Either in this Plane or nearby ones.
>>
>>29748292
Or ask the adventures.
>>
>>29748065
Can we focus on finding a new home before we fucking go to war.
We cannot take on that whole force anyway.
>>
>>29747855
Wizards cube and twilight cove. Those are the two closest planes we've yet to explore.
>>
>>29749913
>>
God fucking dammit my computer appears to be fucked and I cannot view the new map and monsters on my phone does anybody have them in image?
>>
>>29750822
Oh yay I got it working thanks for nothing faggots.
>>
Sky archipelago sounds useless to us and the cove is probably really small.

Ask him if he is willing to give a brief bit of info on each plane surely we are more likely to buy if we know we might want to go there.

do we know what an alicorn is? either way ask if he has pages on them.

ask him if there is a way to find him if we decide we want that sword.
>>
>>29751016
Fuck meant to quote
>>29747855
>>
>>29747855
Twilight cove sounds neat
>>
>>29748125
We can stick to the forest. The medium sized game is good.
>>
>>29748146
>>29748261
>>29748751
Our plane will crumble into oblivion if we don't try something. Unlike the keeper of our plane, we are fireresistant. Not only that, but the dogs had suffered casualties along the way back to the colony. So, injuries + more casualties is a bonus for us. We can just eat more souls and find a reaper later if it becomes a problem.

And why are you guys so picky about where we sleep? It's not like we had a customer sized bed with two thousand count sheets back in our crumbling home. Who's stupid enough to me we with a creature that's in the upper most part of the food chain?
>>
Anyone think of a cool name for the hydra sisters? It's gotta start with an 'F' and maybe something related to eating souls.
>>
>>29751860
It's not just the dogs anon. If you paid attention, you would know that the whole colony is a forbidden zone for free monsters of any kind. We will have to fight the entire plane on our own. That's suicide.
Our plane already crumbled by the way.
>>
>>29751860
What part of there camp is almost as big as the city do you not understand.
We are not a fucking army and we cannot take on an army.
>>
>>29751860
I thought our plane was already gone. We were the last to flee after all. I don't think this quest is about saving, it's about surviving.
>>
File: fam.jpg (10KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
fam.jpg
10KB, 217x320px
I'm gonna pass for tonight. Next post is ready, but I hope posting the first update early tomorrow will get me the motivation to produce more than a one post session

See you there
>>
>>29753432
JUST
>>
>>29753432
Whatever works for you. And if you just need to keep it to one post a day then I won't complain.
>>
Have a good night everyone.
>>
>>29755102
No u
>>
>>29754251
I would complain but I would be complaining at the situation I would still want the qm to do whatever is best for him.
>>
>>29747855
You know, with how our plane was crumbling, it's a wonder that we haven't come across any fellow hydra ourselves.
>>
>>29755861
Well we were the last to leave and I think we may have been the only hydra anyway.
>>
>>29747855
>>29755936
On that note, I would like to know if we had parents that moved into the jungle, or where created by our keeper.
>>
Now we're bumping from 10.
>>
File: 073monpon.png (220KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
073monpon.png
220KB, 1200x1000px
>>29748065
>>29748125
>>29748292
>>29748305
>>29749492
>>29751016
>>29751317
>>29751821
>>29756938
You’re tempted to search for a comfortable home right now. Planes like Twilight Cove, Smokey Mountain or Wild Steppes sound like they could do the trick. A nice new cave where you could keep your treasures, hang that crepe on the wall and use the icy orb to make a pantry, just like… wait, no, you don’t remember ever having a pantry, so where do you know the word from? Was it your parents? You don’t remember having parents actually… You were always the only hydra of the jungle. Or was it the keeper who…
You shake these strange thoughts out of your head.

Anyway, the forest of this plane offers a satisfying source of food, and your main goal right now is still to get back at those dogs. And what kind of crazy pony would attack you in your sleep anyway! But…

On the other hoof… You’ll also need to build up strength, and possibly find allies before you can take on the dogs. There’s an army of them after all. And all The Colony won’t allow to walk out free.
You’re gonna have to decide how fast you want to act and the possibility of making yourself a worthy lair right now….

“Capitalrisk, I’m searching for a plane to establish a new home.” You tell the vendor “Can you tell me which of these planes could do the trick?”
“Ah…” The clothed pony shakes his head. “That wouldn’t be wise of me to-“
“The twilight Cove isn’t bad.” You all turn to hear the pegasus barging in the conversation, idly leaning on a tree “If you can swim, and if you don’t mind salt water, that could be a great place for you. And you look like you can live on fishing.”

Both you and his companions seem surprised, and soon the two unicorns look like they disapprove the talkativeness of their friend. But if he’s willing to talk…

“And what about the other planes we talked about?” You calmly ask him.
>>
>>29758145
“The Wizard’s Cube and the Damned Village definitely aren’t places to make your hole in.” He shakes his head “Unless you’re ready to deal with mind flayers or neighcrawlers, respectively… Smokey Mountain is a rather calm plane as long as you don’t try to climb the mountain, and while there’s some dangerous monsters in the Wild Steppes, you certainly wouldn’t be the least of them. And the Neon Floor. Well, it’s not dangerous, but I don’t think anyone can sleep in here with the noise…”

“Thanks for the tips. And…” You might as well get all the information you can “Can you tell me what’s an alicorn?”
“Ah, it’s a legendary creature.” The pegasus tells you “A pony supposed to have the wings of a pegasus, the horns of a unicorn and the body of an earth pony. They’re usually divine in some way in the stories.”

“ *Sigh* You really can’t resist a chance to hear yourself talk can you?” One of the unicorns growls at the pegasus.
“What’s the problem?” He lazily shrugs in response “We’re no enemies.”
“The problem is that you’re sounding like an old drunkard telling stories of his youth.” She gives him a jab on the uncovered part of his arm “That’s annoying! And you didn’t even drink anything yet!”

The pegasus chuckles in response.
“Hey, hydra, you’re starting to seem nicer than my current companions, wanna join up? HAHAHHah!” He explodes in a metallic laughter distorted but his mask. Until the unicorn conjures a small lightning bolt at him, sending painful-looking convulsions in his body.
It takes him a few seconds to catch his breath after that.

“Feh…” He takes off his mask to wipe his face once the shock is passed, revealing a gashed, middle-aged face “No fun at all, Are you?”
>>
>>29758149
“Fun is the first factor in lethal adventuring accidents and you know it.” The unicorn declares solemnly. A strange sense of humour indeed these adventurers have, if it is a sense of humour at all…

“Ahem, dear snakes persons?” Capitalrisk attempts to get you attention again. “Did this adventurer’s intervention help you choose one of the maps?”
“Mmh… Maybe.” You answer “But first, is there a way for me to find you again in the future?”
“I told you were I intend to go next.” He answers “I leave for the Twilight Cove tomorrow. I can’t do much more, really…”

>What do?
>>
>>29758153
Let's go with him.
>>
I remember Mindflayers, but not much about Nightcrawlers. They're giant undead right?

>>29758153
>“Hey, hydra, you’re starting to seem nicer than my current companions, wanna join up? HAHAHHah!” He explodes in a metallic laughter distorted but his mask. Until the unicorn conjures a small lightning bolt at him, sending painful-looking convulsions in his body.
You know, they might not be so bad (heh, that'll shut em up). And you're heading to the The Wizard’s Cube to gather ingredient correct? Now you mentioned Mind Flayers or Neighcrawlers, which, sound fairly dangerous to anything but us. What are they exactly? Do you three think you could handle these by yourself?

I have a proposition, that is if you three think you can make due without our might. You make it worth our while, along with telling us more about the various planes, and we will consider going with you three.
>>
>>29758153
Twilight cove sounds like a decent place to try. Also, lets introduce ourselves.
>>
>>29758153
Converse with our sisters. What do they think, head to the Twilight Cove? Travel with these adventures? Travel with Tori? Where does Tori want to go anyways?
>>
>>29758153
Then I guess well see each other again soon. Can't not travel to Cove after that kind of advertisement. We can't travel with you there, since we have to visit the cathedral again at night.
>>
>>29758149
The Wizard’s Cube and the Damned Village sound too much of a bother, no unless we put ourselves at the top of the food chain. We can cross Neon Floor. We like to have our beauty sleep thank you very much. Looks like Twilight Cove and Smokey Mountain are the most idea locations to make home. But he didn't talk about Wild Steppes.

Hmmm. I don't want us to settle for just a home, not while those filthy mongrels continue to parade around with the relic of our old home, but we can't do anything. Not without some allies and a workout montage. Tori is kind of an ally, but a temporary one, I think. Depends on what she wants to do. But these adventures. Very curious. Maybe they can be.....
>>
>>29758153
We-heh-heh-hell now. If these "oh so nice adventures" are giving away information, I don't see a reason to buy any more information from Capitalrisk. Well, actually a map of the plane and a detailed physical representation of creatures would be very useful, unless these adventures would be so kind as to provide us with a copy.
>>
>>29758340
>But he didn't talk about Wild Steppes.
>While there’s some dangerous monsters in the Wild Steppes, you certainly wouldn’t be the least of them.
anon pls.
>>
>>29758361
Oh, I missed that. Thanks.
>>
>>29758252
You need to do some back-reading. Tori is not currently with us. She is still in the cathedral atoning for her sins.
>>
>>29758153
Lets head for the twilight cove no need to buy a map yet we can just buy one when we get there.
For now though lets wait outside the cathedral to see if our tengu friend is finished but if she is still in there come morning leave her behind and head to the twilight cove.
>>
>>29758149 #
>A pony supposed to have the wings of a pegasus, the horns of a unicorn and the body of an earth pony
>Acknowledging that an alicorn also has earth pony abilities.
Marry me and have my babys pleeny.
>>
>>29758149
What exactly are they looking for in the Wizard Cube?
>>
>>29759046
Oh also thank the pony for the information.
>>
File: 074monpon.png (195KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
074monpon.png
195KB, 1200x1000px
>>29758218
>>29758223
>>29758225
>>29758252
>>29758295
>>29758340
>>29758354
>>29759046
>>29759097
“Mmmh… Hold on that thought for a second, Capitalrisk.” You turn again toward the adventurers.

“We-he-hell…” You tell them with a grin you hope isn’t too menacing. “You guys aren’t so bad for outsiders. My name is Faze by the way. And these are Fangs and Froth.” You introduce your sisters. “Oh, and thanks for sharing the traveller’s tips.”
“We-he-hell!” The pegasus cheerfully repeats your words “You’re welcome Faze. I have to confess it’s the first time I heard a monster over twice my height throwing such nice words at me. One more story to tell ponies about!” The unicorn groans in despair. “My name is Star Hanger” He continues “This thunderous mare here is named Skyline and my other friend who’s on the lookout is Augury.” The pegasus introduces his party.

“You look like an interesting bunch” You tell Star Hanger “But Mind Flayers, you say?” You don’t know exactly where, but you think you’ve heard about those. Octopus-like ponies, expert in the art of magic and mind control, and who feeds on the brains of regular ponies. “And how are YOU gonna deal with those? You said you’re heading to the wizard’s cube for materials, right?”

“Please, Hydra…” The unicorn whines “Stop encouraging him. You don’t know what it’s like to hear him ramble every day, every chance he gets…”
“But don’t you see, Skyline?” The pegasus flashes a smug grin “You’re the only one who doesn’t like my stories. But it’s okay, you already know the end so I kind of-”
“Just get done with it already!” She cuts him angrily.
>>
>>29759438
“Alright, my impatient crowd!” A menacing electric arc crackles on Skyline’s horn “Eh! I mean, a-anyway, the trick for mind flayers, just like for anything actually… is to come prepared. Wards for our heads provided by my two friends here, mechanical traps, and also a couple of dirty needles…” With a devious grind, he shows you a couple of throwing darts and a vial containing a bright yellow liquid you imagine is a deadly poison.

“Mind flayers know how to defend against magic and brute strength” He confidently states “But they’re arrogant, and are prone to overlook trapped wires and poisoned darts. At least if you can prevent them to read your thoughts with wards!”
“You really think that’ll work?” You cock an eyebrow.
“But of course!” He boasts “Trust me hydra, my and my companion’s plans already worked more than once against these foul creatures. These weren’t easy fights, but we still have our brain to tell the tale!”

“And you’re doing all that for… materials?”
“Uh-hu!” He nods “Some minerals inside the cube are heavily charged with arcanic energy. Anyone who wants to perform a ritual or craft anything enchanted is gonna need some of these to get the best results. It’s more expensive than gold!”

For a second you thought about trying to extort some riches from them in exchange of your might, but it looks like they won’t need it. That or they’ll be too full of themselves to consider it anyway...

“And what are those neighcrawler you were talking about?” You say, interested in any information Star Hanger may be willing to give you.
“Ah…” He ponders, looking fondly in the air “Those are only stories I heard I confess. But, neighcrawler are fearsome flesh eating monsters. Always hungry, they hunt in the dark and supposedly cannot be killed. They come back to life as soon as they’re in complete darkness. Only the light can keep them at bay.”
>>
>>29759444
“That does sound like a pain…” You comment “You’re right. We’re probably going to avoid that plane.”

And now that the sun is starting to disappear behind the horizon, you decide to talk with your sisters to decide what to do next.

“What do you think, sisters.” You start “Will we head for the Twilight Cove next? And should we try to have someone come with us.”
“Eh… I’d rather try to find the Wild Steppe to tell the truth.” Froth says. “Powerful monsters he said… you wanted to get powerful allies, right? Hey!” Your sister turns to the talkative pegasus “Is there a quick way to get to the Wild Steppe from here?”

“You’re in luck” He answers “There’s one portal going there from the Twilight Cove if I remember correctly.”
“Well, I was gonna say Twilight Cove sounded nice” Fangs adds “So it looks like we all agree to go there for a start. I just hope we can get Tori to come with us. She said she’s traveling because she wants to get stronger, right? Maybe we could convince her to travel with us. But how, that’s the question… These adventurers look rather set on their goal one the other hoof. They’re nice, but it’s probably a lost cause to have them follow us right now.”

“We’ll find something for Tori. But for now we’re set.” You nod to yourself “Capitalrisk. We’ll be heading for the Twilight Cove too tomorrow, would you like to travel with us?”

“Oh… I am flattered dear snake persons.” The clothed pony gives you an exaggerated bow. “But… As you saw yourself, some of my customers might become fearful should you travel with me. So I’m going to have to decline your generous offer. I am deeply sorry.”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29759457
Alright then. We ought to thank the adventurers for their help, wish them luck , and head back towards the cathedral so we can wait for Tori.
>>
>>29759457
>And now that the sun is starting to disappear behind the horizon, you decide to talk with your sisters to decide what to do next.
Should be about the time the gargoyles would want to talk.
>>
>>29759457
What can the talkative stallion tell us about the army of dogs?
>>
>>29758354
Yeah I don't care about what information we mught have I like the maps.
>>
>>29759457
I would rather let tori just join this order we will have to find new companions if she ends up joining.
ask the ghost girl if she would be able to defend us from mindflayers.
>>
>>29759457
You know, I wonder what mindflayer tastes like. And we are far from just a lumbering brute to be mind controlled by a mind flatter. I give it a an upwards fight if we want to attack one head on.
>>
>>29759457
Boop the silly goldem with our beautiful tail tippy.
>>
>>29759444
every one gets a boop, and you don't get a say in it!
>>
>>29759457
Are mind flayers the only thing they have to deal with? I am unsure how much of this, rare mineral will be available, but if we can get a cut then it will help us greatly.

How much do they know about mind player senses? Do they rely on sound? Line of sight? Do the have an all around sense?
>>
bun
>>
>>29760020
You forget that she has hands.
>>
>>29762471
She also has dreams and aspirations.
>>
We're pretty neat.
>>
>>29759489
>>29759573
>>29759679
>>29760020
>>29761178
>>29761283
“Candy?” You ask toward Fangs “Do you think you could protect us from a mind flayer’s influence?”
“She says she wouldn’t be able to hold on for long against something so powerful.” Fangs answers after a few seconds “And she could only protect one of us at a time. She says being pitted against a mind flayer would be a spooky situation.”
That’s not as good as you hoped…

“If you’ve fought these mind flayers in the past…” You ask the talkative pegasus again. “Surely you know how they perceive the world. Is it their eyes? Ears? Nose?”
“They see through their eyes, yes.” Star Hanger readily answers “But they also detect magic and conscious thoughts. Usually. That’s also what the wards are for.”

“I see… And are the mind flayers the only danger you expect to encounter over there?”
“They’re just the most dangerous part.” You’re answered “Arcanic storms and sudden change in local gravity are common occurrences in the cube. Also chaos spawns. But they’re usually funny to hang out with. As long as you can keep them from casting spells in your general direction…” He slouches against the tree, letting out an annoyed sigh “Honestly, Wizard’s Cube is a mess. I can’t wait to be done with that errand…”
“But say, Faze. You’re awfully curious about our quest.” Star Hanger winks at you “Are you worried about me?”

“Well…” It feels odd. For you realise that for the first time you’re gonna need more than your own strength to achieve your goal, and that’ll probably mean negotiating with outsiders. So… better start now. “To tell the truth, it would help us greatly if we could make some profit with doing such errands somehow.”
>>
>>29763428
“So you’re looking for a job? HA!” Star Hooker laughs heartily “Now that’s good story to tell people! If you want to try your scales at questing around here…” He ponders “I advise going either to Winter Calm or the Legendary Tundra. The first is a well-known fall back plane for adventurers, and they usually need help around here. The keeper also upholds a non-aggression principle for adventurers and monsters alike. As for the Legendary Tundra, there’s several factions waging war against each other here, and they’re ready to hire about anyone.”
“Uhm… I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for everything you told me, Start Hanger. But one more thing actually! Can you tell me a little more about the dogs at the Colony?”

“Eh…” He shrugs “Nothing you probably doesn’t know already. I heard they were here for a keeper hunt, but you know all too well about that, right?”
“Hmm…” You nod, a slightly tingle of nostalgia at the back of your mind.
“Oh, wait” The pegasus perks up “Now I remember I heard something else. I think Dogmagus was the one leading them.”
Dogmagus? You feel like you know that name from somewhere…
“He’s kind of a big-shot adventurer.” Star Hanger continues “One of the few pioneers who survived the first explorations of the planes.”

“Hum. Thanks again, Star Hanger” You give him a polite nod, before starting to tread slither toward the forest “We’ll be on our way now.”
“Good luck to the three of you!” The pegasus hails, and even Skyline give you a timid wave “I hope to see you again someday. The questing tales of a plucky hydra, now that’s something I’d like to hear!”
>>
File: 075monpon.png (173KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
075monpon.png
173KB, 1200x1000px
>>29763432
“Wait a second please, dear snake persons!” Capitalrisk calls out as you were going to be on your way “Before you leave, please accept this as a gift.” And there he give you a page about… him. Which also look a little more biased than the ones you already have. For such a gift, you give him a boop in return.
“I hope we’ll meet again, dear snake persons!” He waves goodbye to you, before Skyline approaches to finally talk business with him.

The sun has completely disappeared behind the horizon when you arrive near the cathedral. You’re starting to have trouble seeing everything in that forest, but you can picture the doors of the cathedral open, and two gargoyles standing at each side of it. The two guards watch you approach in silence. Meanwhile, you see Tori a little to the side of the building, munching on what’s probably seeds and berries she found in the forest.

She perks up as you approach. She doesn’t look very happy right now…
“So?” You ask “Did they agree to teach you something?”
“Sorewa…” Tori winces slightly “They said no, Faze-san... They don’t want to teach me their way of the bushi.”
“Aww…” Fangs pouts “Why though? You looked like you were super motivated. What happened in here?”
“Well, first they had me meditate for a long time” Tori answers “With strange vapours, and I talked with them about me. But after a while they said, even though I wasn’t a… sinner or something, that Sancta-sama wouldn’t condone the pursuit of strength for strength alone, and that I should find something I want to fight for before everything else.”

Tori pouts angrily.
“Zurui!” She exclaims, sending her berries flying in front of her “What’s wrong with wanting to be the most kakoi bushi! That’s the noblest thing I can think of!”

>What do?
>>
>>29763436
It makes sense. Having a lot of strength, but absolutely no purpose for it is quite a waste. The only reason we're looking for strength is to avenge our fallen plane, but we're going to have to face an entire army for that.
>>
>>29763436
What is a warrior with nothing to fight for? Loyalty is honor.
>>
>>29763436
Helping others would be considered noble. How about that?
>>
>>29763436
What would you do after being the strongest creature? I figure Sancta thinks you could try to rule the world like a villain without anything to put that strength to use.
>>
>>29763436
I don't know, but maybe you can think of something if you travel with us. Come on, we'll be heading to Winter calm through Cake Walk and Unearthed Woods.
>>
>>29763436
>>29763501 (continuing from this....)
We decided we'll make Twilight Cove our new home later, but after we deal with the dogs. Hey hows that? You cab help stop people from destroying planes. Thats as noble as it gets.
>>
>>29763436
Huh. His info came with stamps. 8 more to go I guess.
>>
>>29763436
Well now your trainingless and still seedless. What are you going to do you silly little tengu?
>>
>>29763690
Sword. I ment to say swordless.
>>
>>29763436
There's more to life than just being the strongest, little birbhorse

We're a hydra, we would know
>>
>>29763471
>>29763475
>>29763479
>>29763495
>>29763501
>>29763690
>>29763891
“Eh… Sorry Tori, but that kinda make sense” You admit “What’s a warrior who’s got nothing to fight for? That’s quite a waste, don’t you think?”

“Da-ka-ra! Who cares?!” The little bird pony starts to throw a fit “I just want to be the strongest bushi! The kakkoiest of the kakkoiest! Slashing islands in a single swing! Moving so fast behind my enemies they feel like I’m teleporting! Being so cool all the other tengus look up to me! And then, when I’m old, have a young deshi and say cool things to them when they’re in a pinch, like ‘Remember to always be truthful to who you really are’ or ‘Trust is the strength of your courage’ and they’ll be like ‘Sensei, you’re so kakkoi! I know I will never be as kakkoi as you but I want to try anyway!’ What’s wrong with that?!”

“Maybe nothing, but that Sancta seems to think you’re gonna become a villain if you go that way.” You tell her, half-amused, half-cringing from the tantrum of the tengu.
“Tchi. What doesn’t she know…” Tori mumbles “She’s just a statue. What does a statue know about the importance of kakkoiness?”

You take a second to make sure the gargoyles didn’t hear your friend talking shit about their deity.
“We’re a hydra, Tori” You try to bring her to reason “We know a couple of things about being strong. And that’s not everything there is to life. Right now, we fight to avenge our plane, and we too need to get stronger because of that.”
“Since they refused to teach you” Fangs adds “What about coming with us? Helping others is something noble! We need all the people we can find, and we’ll certainly meet a lot of powerful enemies on the way. So you’ll get stronger!”

The tengu doesn’t answer. She’s just pouting in silence with her eyes closed and arms crossed. She grumbles something, until…
>>
>>29763436
Maybe you will find the cause of one of the armys in the legendary tundra just.
>>
File: 076monpon.png (279KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
076monpon.png
279KB, 1200x1000px
>>29764173
“NYAARG! Nan demo!” Tori suddenly stands up and unsheathe her sword which was on her back to slice the air in front of her “I’m just pissed! I’m gonna train all night! And then I’ll follow you and you better let me battle all the tsuyoi foes we meet!”

And on that note and before you can say anything, the tengu flies away in the night as fast as a shooting star.

>What do?
>>
>>29764176
Fuck i was to late stupid fucking need for sleep.
>>29764179
Suggest the posibility of >>29764179 to our sisters it would be nice to have her come with us but I think an army is what she needs right now.
>>
>>29764203
Fuck meant to quote >>29764176 there.
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29764179
Guess we'll have to wait till she tires herself out. Find a spot where we can take turns watching her and napping.
>>
>>29764179
.....Where the fuck did she get that sword?
>>
>>29764581
How could she possibly NOT have a sword? >>29708545
>>
>>29764581
I am pretty sure she always had one the one she wanted to buy was just special.
>>
>>29764590
Didn't that guy say she came to him with nothing, and offered her services as a body guard for the sword?
>>
>>29764179
YOU BETTER BE QUIET ABOUT IT! WE'LL BE SLEEPING HERE!
So you girls want to find a midnight snack before we sleep?
>>
>>29764179
"That Tengu has gone boo-koo cuckoo."

Go ahead and get some rest as well as >>29764272.
>>
>>29764609
She still had a sword it just was not incredibly powerful magic like the one he was selling.
>>
>>29764179
Man, that bird is out of their mind.
>>
>>29764173
Alright, uh, we'll be here

Let's go hit up those gargoyles. See if any of them want to tag along, or at the very least chat with us
>>
>>29764176
I like this idea.
>>
>>29765921
She's already flown off into the night.
>>
>>29766004
Yeah sadly I made the suggestion seconds after the qm made the post that made it to late.
However we can still suggest it to her when we see her next.

I know some people will object to the idea because they want her as a party member but I think joining an army she thinks is just is what she needs right now. As they said she was to focused on strengths for strengths sake she needs a cause.
>>
>>29766333
Agreed.
>>
>>29766333
Disagree. She needs a mentor to temper her. Someone like us.
>>
>>29767101
Even if you disagree would you say we should at least ask our sisters what they think of the idea.
We do not have to even say we like the idea we can just say we are leaning towards keeping her but are curious about getting her enlisted instead.

Personally I would like the benifit she would give but I cannot in good conscience take us with her if there may we something better for her.
>>
Bump for enlisting tengus in the army.
>>
>>29764179
Sleep now so we can dream about the lives of the dead.
>>
>>29766333
Damn right I'll be objecting. Having her join a war we know nothing about is just a shittiest thing to do. Now those all jobs in Winter Quiet. That sounds more up her alley since she can choose what she wants to do.
>>
>>29764179
I like to imagine Capitalrisk would be voiced by the same guy who did hatty Hatington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT0cKdWlngU
>>
File: Memri_042090_6127697.jpg (26KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_042090_6127697.jpg
26KB, 500x281px
>>29766333
>prod her into picking a side in a war that is entirely irrelevant to both her and us
OR
>invite her to travel the lands with us, honing her skills by fighting against countless varied enemies (and learning a thing or two about friendship along the way)

the choice is clear
>>
>>29768420
>Now those all jobs in Winter Quiet. That sounds more up her alley since she can choose what she wants to do.
Now that you mention it that does sound like a better idea then my army idea.
>>
>>29764179
If she wants to join us then great. After she gets back, I think the plan should be 1. establish a home base somewhere (Probably the cove, which is where we should head next) and 2. Start gathering strength and allies. Starting off by getting an adventuring group going may be a good idea with Winter Calm, and then after we can consider going to the Legendary Tundra. There if we could perhaps tilt the war in favor of one of the sides, we could in return get an army to use against the dogs.
>>
>>29769980
>an anon conceding he was wrong
Amazing.
>>
>>29770411
I never said I was wrong just that the odd jobs were an even better idea then the military. I suppose I have admited I was wrong a few times in my cyoa carrer.
>>
>>29764203
>>29764272
>>29768407
>>29769624
>>29768420
>>29770376
"That Tengu has gone boo-koo cuckoo." You can only say.
“Yep. Looks like we’re gonna have to wait until she’s finished before sleeping…” Fangs laments while Tori give it her all against a thousand imaginary enemies.
“We could try taking turns sleeping while she’s at it.” You answer. “I’ll start.”
“Why not?” Froth nods “That does sounds like the kind of things adventurers, or whatever, would do…”
“Is that really what we are?” Fangs shows a bitter-sweet smile “You think all the other adventurers want to avenge their fallen plane?”

“I don’t think so.” You state “But anyway, for tomorrow, The Cove, the Winter Calm sounds like the best option to start if you ask me. I’d rather avoid taking part is some war, and maybe Tori can find herself a cause that way.”
“Sounds fair.” Fangs ponders “I wonder what kind of job we’re gonna find…”

Without much more small-talk to do, your two sisters go to sleep as you nest yourself under a massive uprooted stump near the cathedral. You quickly realise being the only head awake is really annoying since you can barely more your body, and the slowed metabolism of your sisters make you extra sleepy too.
You’re rather fast to fall asleep on your turn…
>>
File: 077monpon.png (259KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
077monpon.png
259KB, 1200x1000px
>>29771150
“Faze…” You hear in your slumber.
“Faze, can you hear me?”

“Wh-what?” You awaken in a strange, seemingly endless grey space. You’re alone, even your sisters aren’t here, only…
“Can you hear me now?” Candlestick asks, her head tilted to the side.

“Yeah, I guess but…” You look around for any landmark, but there’s nothing around here. “Where are we?”
“It’s a room I build to talk to you while you sleep Faze.” Candy answer, she sounds like she’s in a hurry! “Listen, now that you’re sleeping, the soul you consumed is going to fully awaken very soon! You’re gonna have to negotiate with it or destroy its will completely. If you don’t, the power you gained is gonna turn against you!”

“A fight?” You snort “Ha! Like a single dog stands a chance against me!”
“Don’t think that, Faze.” The ghost shakes her head “The strength of your body means nothing here! Moreover because that dog never met you, and he doesn’t know you’re bigger and stronger and venomous. The kind of fight we’re talking about... It’s a little strange to explain, but this will be a make-believe battle. And the first one to believe they die is done for even for real! And since you’re both new to this, the battle will probably be even.”

That does sound a little tricky. Tricky enough to make you feel uneasy.
“And… Can you help me with that?” You ask the ghost “You seem to know a lot about what’s happening.”
“I won’t be able to fight with you…” Candy meekly answers “Unless you want me to have the benefits of the defeated soul… And it’s too late to teach you anything worthy. The only advice I can tell you is that words and memories means a lot here. And if you know how that dog died, you best chance is to make him think it’s happening again!”

This process sounds a lot more hazardous than you thought…
>>
>>29771156
“Ahem… And what about negotiating?” You ask about the second option “What’s he gonna ask from me?”
“I don’t know.” Candy shakes her head “Things like oaths, a last will he wants to carry on or even being in control of your body sometimes. Either that dog will accept his death and you’ll be able to enjoy all the soul’s remaining power once his will withers away, or he’ll ask to keep existing through your body in some way.”

“Alright…” You nod “I think I’ve got it. A little…” You look around again, but nothing has changed “So… What’s happening now?”
“It’s very likely the soul will regain its consciousness tonight, but I can’t tell when exactly.” Candy answers “But if you’re ready to either fight or negotiate, I can hasten the process and bring his consciousness in front of you. Just tell me when you’re ready, Faze”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29771156
What about Froth?
>>
>>29771160
Lets start with negotiation and than go to fighting if we don't like the deal, but first, what's going to happen if she doesn't accelerate it?
>>
>>29771156
>You’re gonna have to negotiate with it or destroy its will completely.
If we manage to complete destroy his will, do we still retain his powers?
>>
>>29771160
When the time comes for my sister Froth to deal with the Minotaur's soul, can I be their to help her? Maybe after this?
>>
>>29771150
Silly pleeny you forgot to link in /cyoa/
That or I somehow missed it.
>>
>>29771160
I would be ok with giving candy the soul. she can make better use of fire breath then we can.
>>
>>29771468
She doesn't even have a body. Besides, we need this more. And the practice will be good for us. Someone as old as Candy can make do without a soul. And do you remember that she gets frozen thing later? Something tells me that fire and ice wont mix.
>>
>>29771536
Bump
>>
>>29771160
Pop pop pop

Let's watch that diamond niggas soul drop

B A T T L E
>>
>>29771160
Let's see how negotiations go.
>>
Time for a bed bump
>>
>>29771468
That said if we do not give her the soul I vote negotiation.
>>
>>29773268
nite
>>
>>29771160
We can talk to him and prob him, then go for a fight.
>>
>>29771160
This is a whole lot to take in here.
I think some things should be taken note of:

-He may not be inclined to work with us considering our overall goal is to kill his kind, on the other hand, he may be spiteful towards them for letting him die.

-Pretty sure he died of sickness in the Unearthed Woods, so that may be the trick to beating him in the fight

-We might be able to use the memory of his wife and kid against him

-We know he likes fire, so perhaps the mere fact we have a flame attack could be used to negotiate something with him. Like, an agreement to start a campfire every night or something so he can experience it

Overall, if Candy can't really teach us much more and we can't wake ourselves up to prepare another way, then I think we should fight him now while we are expecting it.

On another note entirely, we need to start training our sister as soon as possible so that she will be more ready for her fight tomorrow night.
>>
>>29775132
>considering our overall goal is to kill his kind
It is only a handful of anons who consider that our overall goal I feel.
>>
>>29775235
Primarily the "monsters must be monstrous" guys.
>>
>>29775235
I rather doubt every dog is a plane destroyer anyway.
>>
>>29775328
>>29775286
Ehh, I feel at least some sort of revenge is reasonable. At least on the head dog.
>>
>>29775409
Agreed, They need to learn a lesson, not be destroyed.
>>
Do you people seriously want a parasitic soul in our body? I say we crush his existence.
>>
>>29775328
Wgat gets me Is that If I recall correctly only half the force that attacked our plane was dog anyway.
>>
>>29775615
What do you find parasitic about this anon. I think you overlooked a few things.
>>
>>29771156
Before we fight or negotiate with the dog, let's take a moment to explore our body sans two heads. Act like a snek. *hiss hiss*
We are hydra no more. We big sneak, *hiss*
>>
>>29771156
Is our currently body a subconscious manifestation of our mind? Let's turn into a super hot lamia. With forelegs!
>>
>>29771160
Can we disguise our self as a sexy diamond dog?
>>
>>29777400
This. Work with something we're familiar with.
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>29776921
>attached to our soul
>resides within us
>may want things like temporary control of our body
Yeah, it's a parasite
>>
Bed bump
>>
Time for sleep.
>>
Waiting
>>
Bun
>>
>>29779232
>“Ahem… And what about negotiating?” You ask about the second option “What’s he gonna ask from me?”
>“I don’t know.” Candy shakes her head “Things like oaths, a last will he wants to carry on or even being in control of your body sometimes. Either that dog will accept his death and you’ll be able to enjoy all the soul’s remaining power once his will withers away, or he’ll ask to keep existing through your body in some way.”
You seem to not understand that the power of the soul grants us powers. There are three kinds of Symbiosis: Mutualism, Commensalism And Parasitism. Mutualism is when both benefit. Commensalism is when one benefits while the other is unharmed. Parasitism is when one benefits when the other may be harmed. I'm guessing you want us to be the parasite? Because I was hoping that, if we did a fetch quest for the dog we might get stuff while he accepts his death and withers away.
>>
Boop for pleny
>>
File: White Horse.jpg (71KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
White Horse.jpg
71KB, 1024x768px
>>29782253
Weird.
>>
File: 078monpon.png (229KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
078monpon.png
229KB, 1200x1000px
>>29771216
>>29771254
>>29771351
>>29772710
>>29774709
>>29777388
>>29777400
>>29778019
“Wait, what about Froth?” You ask “Is she gonna have to face something like that too?”
“Uhm… She already has.” The ghost answers “She chose to fight. Since you were to one who killed the minotaur in the first place, she made short work of him…”

“Oh… So, she won already?”
The ghost nods in response.

That’s a relief. Too bad your fight won’t be as easy for you… Negotiating first might be the wise thing to do.
“Alright. Bring him on, Candy!” You tell the ghost “I’m gonna try talking with him. And if he doesn’t want to hear anything, well… He’ll suffer the same fate as the minotaur.”
“Understood, Faze…” Candlestick nods, and them vanishes from the grey space you’re in.

You’re left alone for now. Without much more to do in the meantime, you explore your single-headed body. Without your sister’s heads to care about when you move, you feel lighter and swifter that ever, and you enjoy this instant of newfound freedom, hiss-hissing and snek-sneking around happily.

Another idea then comes to your mind. If this is a sort of a mentalscape or what you’re in, then your body is right now might be its representation inside your mind. Which mean maybe you can change it! You start to concentrate, imagining yourself with a pair of front limbs. And a couple of seconds later, you see wobbly sprouts start to emerge from your torso. But as soon as you try to move, the two appendages vanish into thin air.
You feel like what you’re trying to do is possible, but you’re miles away from being any good at it.
>>
>>29784000
And you do not get any chance to experience further. As you hear a strange crackling a little away from you.
A strange dark form phases into this grey reality, and you’re quick to recognize the form of a dog phasing to life. Its contours sharpen, until the grey canine lies completely on the floor.
“Urg…” The dog groans and looks around, struggling to get on his feet. “This place… It doesn’t look like hell.”

“But you do not look like the shepherd either…” He rises on his feet, roughly as big as you are “Did I fall in one of those dog-damned planes again?” He growls, seemingly more to himself than to anyone else. He looks ready to fight of provoked, but also confused enough not to resolve to violence right away.

>What do?
>>
>>29784012
Ask his name and introduce ourself. If we're going to be working with him, calling him dog all of the time would get annoying.
>>
>>29784012
>again
Do you have ways to revive yourself in the colony
And yes we found your body while journeying to a new home after your people destroyed ours.
>>
>>29784012
I want to bullshit him. You are very much dead. Welcome to Purgatory! My name is Faze and I'm here to evaluate you. Name, gender and cause of death?
>>
>>29784124
Thiiiiis.
>>
>>29784124
Please no can we stop with the edge just once.
>>
>>29784202
How the fuck is that edge? It sounds more like a silly way to get through an edgy situation
>>
>>29784220
It is an action with the potential to cause somebody emotional distress for the sake of comedy.
>>
>>29784231
>Tom and Jerry is edgy
>>
>>29784254
Tom and jerry was set up that way from the start.
>>
>>29784231
>He could feel bad
>Immediately calls edge
Why are you talking about something you don't even understand?
>>
File: 079monpon.png (207KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
079monpon.png
207KB, 1200x1000px
>>29784079
>>29784124
>>29784195
“What is your name, dog?” You calmly ask “I am Faze. And you are indeed very much dead. I’m here to the welcome you to the purgatory.”

He glares at you, and seems to think your words are true. Maybe the way your heads are missing, and the grey mindscape give you an eerie enough appearance to make your claim believable to the dog.

“I…” He sits down, sounding less ready to resort to violence “My name is Barkskin… So… what are we doing here?” He asks you.
“I’m here to evaluate you.” You answer, trying to maintain a still tone “What is the cause of your death?”
“Infection from an untreated wound.” He answers, and then waits for your next question.

That’s not too bad of a start. How do you get him to give you the power you want, now?

>What do?
>>
>>29782253
The diamond dog's conscience grantED us its powers, it is not grantING us power. We've gotten our use out of it; we can have the soul without the dog in our mind. This makes the dog's conscience a parasite to us. Letting it stick around benefits it while harming us, as it apparently may be able to make requests of us that we would arguably be forced to fulfill. So yeah, it meets your own definition of "parasite." Please don't accuse others of a lack of understanding when yours isn't exactly stellar either.
>>
>>29784531
Ask him if he was involved in the attack on the swamp plane. Make sure not to say "our plane" or give away exactly what's going on. I feel like this fight will be a lot easier if he's kept in the dark; if it comes to that, at least.
>>
>>29784575
Lets not forget that he has knowledge of our enemies and the colony. His mind does have value, so lets attempt to make him an ally. Or at the very least, get more information out of him before he's destroyed.
>>
>>29784531
This was a mistake. when he finds out we lied that puts him on far higher ground then us.
>>
>>29784606
Also I cannot think of anything to say here There is no way out of this.
>>
>>29784531
First, you need to accept death in order to move on. Was there anything you still had to do or left unfinished?
>>
>>29784606
How have we lied? We didn't kill him and he is dead.
>>
>>29784606
>>29784617
We already won because he told us how he was killed. Now we can always resort to violence if he figures it out. We also managed to obtain high ground, by making him think that he cannot lie to us without going to hell.
>>
Even if this works it is going to bite us in the arse when he wakes up for real and learns the truth.
>>
File: 080monpon.png (266KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
080monpon.png
266KB, 1200x1000px
>>29784592
>>29784622
“You got that wound while you were raiding the Jungle of the Keeper, right?”
“Yes” The dog answers straight, confirming your suspicions. He doesn’t tell you any more on the subject as you hope, though.

“If you’re here, Barkskin” You tell the dog “That means there’s still something that prevents you to move forward and accept death. Is there anything you still had to do or left unfinished?”

“Huh…” He ponders for a moment “I don’t really know… Unless!” He perks up “Did we make it? What does the kingdom look like now?”

>What do?
>>
>>29785474
Fuck I got nothing. We should just tell him the truth rather then digging ourselves deeper.
>>
>>29785474
Which kingdom are you talking about exactly?
>>
>>29785474
Do we look like the kind of creature that could go to places like that?
>>
>>29785474
Your people managed to transport the heart back to the colony. However, they are still nursing their wounds. Not much time has passed since your death. Does that answer your questions?
>>
>>29785474
Well you did not make it and one of your party member, where they left your body at the unearthed woods to be feasted on by the local monster. You other party members make it, but I'm not sure what is this kingdom you are talking about is?
>>
>>29785518
Naaaaah. This is fun.
Start circling him.
Your group made it to the Colony. (tell him just that)

Now Bark. Tell me. Would you consider yourself a good or bad person? A good person who's done bad to achieve an ultimate good? A bad dog that hides behind good actions? What do you tell yourself. (Self reflection)
>>
>>29785609
This. Forgot to quote >>29785474
>>
>>29785474
>>29785518
>>29785538
>>29785563
>>29785573
Guys. We gotta be vague. Vague means we seem like serious shit.
>>
>>29785609
>>29785474
This. I know you killed a keeper without provokation. Is that not something you would consider bad or evil? How are you going to justify that?
>>
>>29785629
>>29785474
Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on there friend. Let's not assume the keeper was a nice chap. We the players don't know of the keepers "moral alignment."
Would you be fine if we asked Barkskin if he thought or knew if the keeper was good or bad, as if it were a hypothetical question?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29785678
Yeah, let me rephrase that. Ask him why he helped to kill a keeper. Did he thought it was the right thing to do, was he serving his kingdom or just doing it for money?
>>
>>29785678
Did you not read the dropbox
they are after the keepers to steal there cool artifacts.
>>
I wonder what our reward for making 10 deals with a treasure golem will be
>>
>>29785760
Oh shit. I didn't think Pleeny update that. Now we know.
>>
>>29785939
It is all worth a read. if you were against buying more pages it should help explain why people wanted to.
>>
>>29785474
Nonchalantly shrug as best as a snek can.
"Do not worry, they're well on their way along with the artifact. Do you think you're ready to pass on?"
>>
Bun
>>
>>29788485
Vwip
>>
>>29785474
Make small talk. Had Barkskin ever tried steak before? From foe, minotaur or otherwise? It's pretty good.
>>
>>29790144
>>
>>29785474

Tell him he'll have to be more specific so he'll expound on his circumstances. Then we can go into asking him if he thought he was a good person. If we can subtly make him feel like he was a sinner we'll have more bargaining power and he'll be willing to give up and accept his death easier.
>>
Bump for getting rid of this plane-destroying ugly shit
>>
>>29793178
>>
LeL
>>
Beddy bump
>>
>>
Bun
>>
File: 081monpon.png (200KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
081monpon.png
200KB, 1200x1000px
>>29785518
>>29785563
>>29785629
You’ve got no idea what kind of lie you could give him right now… So you may as well tell him the truth.

“It’s been little time you died.” You announce “Your kind made it back to the Colony, and they’re licking their wounds right now.”
“Ah…” Barkskin lets out a relieved sigh “That’s good to hear…”

“So you helped kill a plane keeper, is that right?”
“Hum.” He nods.
“And why did you attack him?” You add “Was it money? Serving your country?”
“I did it…” He sounds unsure “Because I wanted to feel useful. Not for personal gain. All the money we could muster for the expedition was spent in the equipment.”

“So overall, would you say you’re a good person?” You move on.
“No. I’m a bad person.” He answer without hesitation this, looking to the ground. “AT the time… There was nothing left to save after what I did, so I just hope I wasn’t completely useless in the end.”
“So you’re hiding from your truth.” You nonchalantly accuse. “Trying to find redemption after committing the unspeakable, are we?”
“I…” He stutters “What else could I have done?” He begs “At least I was useful for my kind! Isn’t that that better than mourning my mistakes forever?”

>What do?
>>
>>29798677
>“I…” He stutters “What else could I have done?” He begs “At least I was useful for my kind! Isn’t that that better than mourning my mistakes forever?”
Hmmmmm. Interesting. The price of one life the betterment of others. No price too steep? Maybe you're justified in your actions. Killing a sapient creature and possibly damning yourself for others? Now where will the afterlife take you too.

This unspeakable, it may be related to your family?
>>
>>29798677
Weather you think your actions are justified or not, weather you may find peace or eternal torment, would you accept your fate and what may befall you after our conversation?
>>
>>29798677
If it puts you at ease, you may take comfort in believing you that your actions helped your people.
>>
>>29798677
Being useful is not the same as being good. You would be surprised how many evildoers justify themselves like that.
>>
>>29798677

It's true that you were useful to your kind, however that came at the expense of many other innocent creatures, who you had a part in killing. For that reason we will not punish you further, however it is time for you to accept your death and move on.
>>
>>29798677
Give him a hug.
there is a way to feel useful still useful to a certain hydra.
>>
>>29798677
>>29799679
No hugs. That's not professional. Plus he's still partially responsible for the destruction of our home.
>>
>>29799699
He just wanted to feel useful.
>not professional
this absurd sharade is going to crash down on us eventualy.
>>
>>29798677
I see two potential paths from this point.
He's currently in a vulnerable state he's literally begging to be acknowledged, to be given some meaning. We can either
(symbiosis) Convince him that he can have purpose by serving us
(destruction) Leverage this sense of failure and weakness into final despair/destruction.
>>
>>29800460
>>29798677
You know, there is always letting him wither away. His power would remain and we won't have to deal with any chance of insubordination.
>>
>>29800460
I want him to accept death as his fate, then we can take over without any resistance.
>>
>>29800460
>(symbiosis) Convince him that he can have purpose by serving us
this.
I am a little concerned how he will react when he finds out we lied about this being an afterlife. so we have to find a good way to word it.
>>
>>29800561
He can find redemption for his crimes by aiding one he has wronged, we claim that we simply took on the form of the one he is to serve and then feign surprise once he contacts the 'real' us.
>>
>>29800561
That is precisly why I was against this from the start he had to find out eventualy.
>>
>>29800488
This.
>>
>>29800488
This this this
>>
>>29800488
Well you got dubs, so let make him accept his fate.
>>
>>29801621
No fuck you allowing gets to infulunce how things go is retarded.
>>
File: 1487401934839.gif (820KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487401934839.gif
820KB, 640x480px
>>29801752
Go to bed anon.
>>
>>29800488
We aren't him so, even if you got all sevens, we can't make that choice for him.
>>
>>29802000
That's the reason we are 'talking' to him, so we can work things out. That process is called 'persuading', something you should look up since it is a very useful thing to do in a cyoa.
>>
>>29802082
Anon meant to quote
>>29801621
>>
>>29802099
No I didn't. You really don't deserve these digits.
>>
>>29802082
All that counts as is an internal though, there is nothing persuasive about that post. Really, it's nothing more than a meta comment. The only reason I even acknowledged it is because some anons are treating it as an actual action.
>>
>>29800460
As much as I would've liked to go the symbiosis route, at this point I feel we've gone so far with our story that destruction is the only option. It will only make things complicated at this point if we gun for symbiosis. The only way I could see us doing that is convincing him his punishment is to live out his days in the hydra that ate his corpse, but that's so suspicious it's ridiculous.

Let's just end this by telling him his final punishment will be enacted and kill him somehow.
>>
>>29803001
>at this point I feel we've gone so far with our story that destruction is the only option.
How cluld you have missed that he just wants to be useful.
Symbiosis is him being useful.
>>
>>29803351
No, symbiosis is him being a drain on us. It's hard enough to make decisions with three separate minds in our body--four, counting candy. Having a fifth consciousness is... a bit much.

Besides, whether he wants to be helpful or not is irrelevant; this guy already "helped" enough when he took part in the destruction of our entire goddamned plane of existence. In case you haven't noticed, one of our driving goals for this entire adventure has been to avenge our plane. Inviting an invader to live in our body sure as hell isn't revenge.
>>
>>29803351
He wants to be useful to his people. Which he has already done. Now he can be useful to us by letting go. You see anon, if he's still with us, he will have the option y-you know what? You know how our sisters want to do different thing and we have to talk it out? What you want to do is essentially add another "head," which would slow things down. Having this guy kicking in our body would slow us down.
>>
>>29803811
>one of our driving goals for this entire adventure has been to avenge our plane
No that only really started once we reached the cakewalk.
Before that it was find a new home.
>>
>>29803811
Cool. Someone agrees with my viewpoint.

>>29804000
I thought it started in the Unearthed Forest after dinging the see doggie. The hydra expressed displeasure of the destruction of their plane, some players agreed. That gradually escalated overtime.

Besides. Finding a new home seems like a quick way to end the quest. I just want to find the dogs so we can find some way to strong arm them for stuff, or take the artifact and ear it or something.
>>
>>29805413
>>
Blorb!
>>
>>29798751
>>29798757
>>29799482
>>29800488
>>29800484
>>29801621
Your curiosity would push you into asking a little more about him, but overall your goal is still to make him give up and rest in peace forever. And you feel like you could arrive quite fast at this point from here.

“If it puts you at ease, you may take comfort in believing you that your actions helped your people.” You nod toward the dog.
“Uhm…” He calms down a little “That’s good to hear…”

“However…” He cringes “That came at the expense of many other innocent creatures, who you had a part in killing. For that reason we will not punish you further, however it is time for you to accept your death and move on. Only more suffering will happen if you resist.”

“R-really?” He asks “So I can just… let it go now? I’m… forgiven?”
“Yes.” You nod “You’re free to go. You consciousness shall not burden you any longer.”

A moment of silence fleets over you. And then Barkskin lets out a relieved sight, before lying down on his back, a peaceful smile on his face. “So that how it ends… Eh, with the incidents I had along the way, that’s probably not too bad” He talks to himself “This place… Is rather quiet now that I think about it. It’s kind of nice…”

Shortly after, you see his body start to blur again, and his presence start to fade away. As Barkskin seems to disappear, you think you’ve done it, and his will is probably gone forever.
Soon, you too feel yourself drifting away, but only in the satisfying embrace of slumber.
>>
File: 082monpon.png (154KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
082monpon.png
154KB, 1200x1000px
>>29806721
“Hydra…” You hear again someone calling you. But instead of some strange greyscape, you find yourself awakening in reality, with your sisters, and Tori using Froth’s mane as a nest. As the colours of dawn are only starting to lighten up horizon, you find that the voice which woke you up belongs to one of the gargoyles. She stands in front of you without a mask, and seems a lot friendlier that the ones you dealt with so far. She also has a serene smile of her bald face.

“Hydra.” The gargoyle softly speaks with a strange blissfulness in her voice “Rejoice! For Sacta has taken an interest in you.”
“Huhwut…?” Fangs burbles as she awakens. “Wh-what is this about? It’s not even morning yet…”

“She has seen the future.” The gargoyle declares, paying no attention to you sister’s sleepy babbling “And in several of the many ripples of time, she has seen you carrying out a very good deed in her name.”
“W-wait, she can do that?” Froth asks, in a similar half-awake state.

“She has also seen that without her help, you’d be very likely to fail.” The gargoyle continues to speak. “That’s why Sacta, in her wisdom, decided to gift you this.” She places a vial containing a black liquid in front of you.
“This is a potion which will turn your flesh into stone for some time, while still allowing you to move, just like us gargoyles.” She explains “But you won’t need to fear the light of the sun as we do. Sancta predicted there’s a chance you’re going to face a powerful foe in the near future. And you’re unlikely to triumph without this.”

“Er… Slow does a second, please.” You tell the stone pony, trying to get in everything you’ve just been told “What’s all this about? And why are you giving us this?”

“For now, Sacta doesn’t expect anything in return. But she also wants you to know you shall not be victorious against your final foe in the end.”
>>
>>29806724
Her grin widens “Unless you choose to accept her light in the end.”

>What do?
>>
>>29806724
Quick! Me must boop her cute snootle before the sun dawns and she has to leave!

What does, "accept her light" supposed to mean? What do you mean, carry out a good deed in her name? We don't remember doing anything particularly good recently.
>>
>>29806730
Let accept this gift, Sacta did foresee our future that this it would help us and we do not want to fail killing those asshole.
>>
>>29806774
Supposedly. We don't know much about Sacta. Maybe she can maybe she can't. But she is of a good alignment so I guess she hold no ill will towards us?
>>
>>29806730
Thanks, but that sounds like Sancta hasn't found the future we are going to bring. She isn't the most powerfull from what we've seen. I think I'd rather accept another keeper as my superior, if at all.
>>
>>29806724
Hnnnngggg pet the cutie. Look at her little smile and almondish eyes. What a cutie patutie.
So like, we do some fetch quests foe her and she'll help us? Right on little.
>>
>>29806730
If she's referring to getting back at that unicorn then we're listening.
>Tori using Froth’s mane as a nest
My heart can't take anymore of this.
>>
A moment of silence fleets over you. And then Barkskin lets out a relieved sight, before lying down on his back, a peaceful smile on his face. “So that how it ends… Eh, with the incidents I had along the way, that’s probably not too bad” He talks to himself “This place… Is rather quiet now that I think about it. It’s kind of nice…”

Shortly after, you see his body start to blur again, and his presence start to fade away. As Barkskin seems to disappear, you think you’ve done it, and his will is probably gone forever.
Cool. We should eat soul candy more often.
I think there might be a few of you who don't want to kill all the dogs and take back the artifact. What if we....dind the dogs and demand tribute or payment for their use of the artifact? They do kind of owe us and several of the creatures that lived on the plane.
>>
>>29806730
Eh, I have nothing wrong with making allies, just as long as they don't try to force us to do things we don't agree with.
>>
>>29806724
Oh thats a cute image shame I slept through this update.
>>
>>29806730
What does her light entail? Your ideals seem very vague. Who is a sinner in the eyes of Sacta? Who is a hero? We don't want to ally with anyone unless we know at least somewhat what they stand for.
>>
>>29806730
We shall think about it.
Thank you for the gift.
>>
>>29806724
What's the too stuff made of anyways? Gargoyle cum? (A joke)
>>
>>29806768
Accept her light neans become religious.
>>
>>29806768
>>29806774
>>29806809
>>29806830
>>29806885
>>29807149
>>29807154
“A good deed you say?” You rise to your full height, waking up Tori who lazily flies to a nearby tree to finish her night. “I don’t remember planning anything especially… good, you know?”
“A deed can be good even with bad intentions, hydra.” The gargoyle answers “And that’s what Sancta believe you’re going to do. But while doing so, you will encounter an enemy you cannot hope to defeat without her help.”

“Huh… And I would get that help through accepting her light?” You ask, unconvinced. “What does that mean exactly?”
“Sancta upholds and ideal of purity and justice” She preaches “To accept her light would be to take in those values and upholds then by your actions, and renouncing sinful behaviour.”
“So I’m supposed to come crawling at Sancta’s hooves, right?” You cringe “No offence, but all that stuff seems rather vague. And even if I accepted to put myself under the orders of a keeper, I’d rather have it not just be a statue. We’re… you know, if we served under somebody, that somebody would have to be really strong.”
“Yeah, at least another tad stronger than us.” Froth adds.

The gargoyle seems saddened by your words.
“Santa has no strength of her own because she chose to empower her true followers, hydra.” She says with the tone a mother would use to explain morals to a turbulent foal “To triumph from the challenge Sancta has foreseen in your path, I know of nothing else than her light to help you across the planes. As I told you, Sancta does not expect anything from you right now. But I doubt you’ll find a victorious path away from her light, Hydra.”
>>
File: 083monpon.png (171KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
083monpon.png
171KB, 1200x1000px
>>29807325
“Mmh… We’ll see about that, gargoyle.” You nod “Anyway, I thank you for your gift” You say as you pocket the vial. “But I’m not the type to let myself getting ordered around.”
“Sancta did tell me you’d probably refuse her light today.” She pouts… before showing you a smile again “But remember that she hasn’t given up on you, hydra!”

And after giving the gargoyle a little petting, you wish her goodbye as she has to hide from the rising sun.
Meanwhile, Tori stretches her arms as she emerges from sleep.
“Ohayo, Faze-san, Froth-san, Fangs-san.” The tengu greets you, rubbing her eyes “Etto… We’re going to the Twilight Cove today, right?”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29807334
Yes
However we have an alternative for you. The gargoyles said you need a cause you belive in. Maybe you will find that with one of the armys in the legendary tundra.
>>
>>29807430
Yes, maybe. Because there is no 100% guarantee that the armies will be worth fighting for. For one, we need to know about the fighting and if Tori wants to commit to it, or use it as a stepping stone to her goal.
>>
>>29807334
Yes, let's make our way to the cove.

(On another note, since Sancta isn't demanding immediate loyalty to the cause we can just wait and see if this potion actually does end up helping in the future and take that into account. If the things we've done up to this point Sancta doesn't consider impure, then we might not have a problem. Though if she doesn't consider killing random adventurers impure despite them turning out to be slavers, then I'm unsure what she does consider a sin.)
>>
>>29807733
To be fair we were operating on the (absurd) assumption they were part of the force that destroyed our plane.
>>
>>29807773
It's mixed. We're still in the neutral territory in terms of karma, but I think we're just a smidgen moved to the good side by an inch. Kind of ritious because we believed they were responsible, and kid of ok because they really were assholes.
>>
>>29807868
*kind of ok. How did I mess that up?
>>
>>29807430
lolno

We shot this idea down the other day, didn't we? Thought that general consensus was that she'd gain more by questing with us.
>>
>>29807948
This
>>
>>29807948
Yeah, I thought that was the consensus too. She's better off with us than dying in some random battle for the cause of another. We should keep her around.
>>
>>29807948
Not entirely true.
People were against the idea and a few for that reason but for most it had nothing to do with what was best for tori they were simply unwilling to not have her as a party member.
>>
>>29809927
I think one anon also suggested we could take her to that adventurers plane.
>>
>>29809927
Either way it's stupid to commit to a war without knowing what you're fighting for. You must know what's at risk before you commit. Can you tell me if this war if one worth fighting? Is there a distinctive good and bad side? Because if you can't then I think putting this off until we reach the plane or the one next to it before we decide.
>>
>“I advise going either to Winter Calm or the Legendary Tundra. The first is a well-known fall back plane for adventurers, and they usually need help around here. The keeper also upholds a non-aggression principle for adventurers and monsters alike. As for the Legendary Tundra, there’s several factions waging war against each other here, and they’re ready to hire about anyone.”
This was more for myself than anything, but just in case someone forgot.
>>
>>29809927
>for the most part, people were simply unwilling to not have her as a party member
Ok, it's time to stop. You're the only one trying to push an idea that literally nobody else supports, and now you're implying that everyone else is just trying to be selfish or something.
>>
>>29809927
>they were simply unwilling to not have her as a party member.
What? Is this what you call a double negative? What you ment to say was, "people wanted to keep Tori around."
I had a brain fart from reading your post.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>29810526
I never said we tell her she should commit just that it is a possibility.
>>
>>29810148
>>29810641
Ah yes thanks anons.
>>29807430
Also suggest the winter calm.
>>
>>29812290
Me two. War is bullshit as they force you to do shit.
>>
File: 084monpon.png (224KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
084monpon.png
224KB, 1200x1000px
>>29807430
>>29807733
“Yes, let’s go.” You answer.
“Hold on!” Froth says. “Let’s catch breakfast first! I’m not sure how good I am at fishing yet.”
Acknowledging your sister’s suggestion, you take half an hour to catch some game. The hunt goes without trouble, and Tori too seems to find enough sustenance easily enough.

After that, you follow your map of this plane to head directly for the Twilight Cove, and go through the portal.

You have to squint your eyes to protect yourself from the light of the star of this plane. For a time, you can only perceive the sound of calm waves lapping on the rocks, and the smell of salt everywhere. After a little while, you manage to see you’re standing at the entry of a grotto facing an ocean. The hard ground under your skin is wet from fresh sea water, which is a little unpleasant.
The sun is hanging low at the horizon. Lower than in the plane you come from in fact. You begin to suspect this plane may not be at the same hour as the others. Out of the watery cave you arrived in, a cliff rises seemingly endlessly to the sky, and face the ocean with a slightly inward curve. Still, there’s a bunch of rock at the base which can be used as a path, an uneven one though. The cave you’re in is also far form being the only one, and you can see many openings and coves in the stone.

The water is clear, and you can see lots of seaweed, urchin and shells attached on the stone. The water doesn’t look too deep in the grotto you’re in, but it quickly descends into the unknown in the open sea.

Unless you’re ready to dive, you only have two possible directions, following the cliff right or left.

>What do?
>>
And that is gonna be it for this tread. Next one will be in a couple of days. I'll post a heads-up in the cyoa discussion thread a day before.

I'm going to use answers to this >>29813027 post to start the new thread. Feel free to also post any comment, critique or question you may have about the quest.

You can also ask things to me in the cyoa discussion thread since I always lurk here once this one is ded.

Thanks you all for participating, and see you next time!
>>
>>29813027
I regret not buying a map.
I am thinking maybe it is always twilight here
I assume we know how to swim right dive.

If not go left I guess.
>>
>>29813027
We need to find a way to reach high ground so we can get a good view of the plane.
>>
>>29813129
This
>>
>>29707724
>>
>>29815223
You're dumb as hell
Thread posts: 484
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.