[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't this progress into anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

File: 200_s.gif (17KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
17KB, 356x200px
Why didn't this progress into anything?
>>
Because it was meant to acknowledge that while Rarity obviously always knew Spike, the CHILD, had a crush on her and found it sweet, she knew it WOULD never progress into anything thus not letting him finish
>>
>>29704610
>finish
>>
>>29704603
Because it's a show for little girls.
>>
>>29704603
B A B Y F U C K I N G

It's just a kiddy innocent crush, americans show don't degenerate everything that every cute characters needs to fuck something
>>
>>29704610
This

It was the episode that resolved the entire development.
>>
>>29704794
>It was the episode that resolved the entire development
We just saw that he still has a Rarity plush this season.
He still loves her.
>>
>>29704603
They forgot that this episode ever existed.
>>
>>29704801
But it was Rarity's final response.
>>
i'm pretty sure they came up with the ember character specifically to sink this ship
>>
>>29704794
Oh so that's what you anti-Sparityfags call it now huh?
>>
File: Chris.jpg (3KB, 92x186px) Image search: [Google]
Chris.jpg
3KB, 92x186px
>>29704610
Rarity could hear the guard in the bush costume.
>>
>>29704866
But he still loves her and she still abuses that to get him to do stuff for her.
Rarity is a mega cunt.
Spike needs to move on. There's a new, sexier mare on the show now.
>>
I can't wait the show to sink this ship for good

Pia-sama would had a mental breakdown, that would be hilarious.
>>
>>29705155
Shipperfag tears are always delicious.
>>
File: 1489867187438.gif (278KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489867187438.gif
278KB, 900x600px
>>29704953
My head cannon for why they aren't fuging.
>>
File: 1489886774862.gif (188KB, 253x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489886774862.gif
188KB, 253x360px
>>29705180
Is it wrong that I would be one of those shipper fags?

>>29705074
Kinda agree princesses blue dragon cuntess is pretty hot. But I also don't see it working because she wouldn't live with points and I don't see spike jumping ship on pony ville unless kicked out for some reason Wich I also think would be a little too much for MLP standards.
>>
File: 1489786490145.png (378KB, 1024x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1489786490145.png
378KB, 1024x1196px
>>29705203
>Princess blue dragon
Shut up.
I said mare. You know exactly what tasty mare I'm talking about.
>>
File: 1489802348268.jpg (31KB, 680x487px) Image search: [Google]
1489802348268.jpg
31KB, 680x487px
>>29705203
She lives with dragons not points. Auto correct cocked me again. Point being neither ones moving. Blue cuntess has a kingdom to rule and would probably treat spike like rara but worse.
>>
File: 1453512862350.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
1453512862350.png
115KB, 276x230px
>>29704603
>mlp
>progression
>>
>>29705212
Glimmer? The possibility of her fuging spike canonically is about the same as there being FOE spin off following lil lips adventures through fallout hell.
>>
>>29704603
Because the staff hates Spike as he is "too difficult" to use.
Whatever potential he had until S02 is gone forever, let's stop expecting anything remotely positive from the current staff.
They only care about shilling Starlight Glimmer now.
>>
>>29705222
Lil pip. Not lil lips. This is refuckingdickulos. Google keyboard is a peciece of crap.
>>
>>29705222
Jim said at the beginning of season 6 that Spike has a crush on Starlight but then a Sparlight shipper pissed him off about on Twitter and they haven't mentioned anything about it since.

He literally tweeted "Spike loves you, Starlight" before season 6
>>
File: 1489814739811.jpg (11KB, 476x315px) Image search: [Google]
1489814739811.jpg
11KB, 476x315px
>>29705233
Spike could still be used..... The crystal empire!
>>
File: Copy 8 of images.png (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Copy 8 of images.png
6KB, 259x194px
>>29705237
Huh didn't know that. Team MLP. Must be Petty to let a shipper piss them off to the extent of fucking throwing away a plot line/ story potential.
>>
>>29705264
You already should know by now that Jim is petty and infantile as fuck.

I don't understand how's that Hasbro hasn't told him to keep mum yet, and I can only imagine what kind of nightmare must be for the poor fools who are stuck working with him.
>>
>>29704603
That's a question I still can't answer.
>>
>>29705324
isn't it obvious? he's quick to verbally fist-fight autists, freeing up hasbro from trying to find an official tard-wranger for their staff so they aren't being pestered non-stop
He's a free sperg buffer
>>
>>29705387
The one who fights spergs always end up becoming the sperg king.
>>
>>29705389
that's the plan
sacrifice the fat and the weak to herd the fat and weak, rather than waste good soldiers
>>
>>29705237
doubt.jpg
>>
>>29705389
Agreed
>>29705395
Also true.

So basically it's up to the fans to decide. Your choices: Princess blue cuntess, rara, glimmer, twilight, and of course discord. Why discord? Cus discord would do pretty much anything for lols. PS discord would probably treat spike the best.
>>
>>29705477
namefag, does anyone here remember the panel where this was answered? larson is the one who made the sparity episode come true and every other writer thought he was a freak for it because hes just a kid. meghan said at a panel that it would never happen while larson just looked defeated when it was mentioned by a fan. no doubt everyone lectured him about why it cant happen.

spike is forever alone because even though they treat him like a full grown adult in writing they call him a tiny kid in person.
>>
File: 1489200271503.gif (643KB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1489200271503.gif
643KB, 250x220px
>>29705492
Ironically I can kinda sort relate to spike in that respect.

Also haven't been in fandom that much for a year or two.... Jesus Christ I missed alot. And also missed shit when I was in the fandom. GD thing I'm hoping back on the rape train.
>>
>>29705203
Why do you ship Rarity and Spike? What makes the idea so attractive to you? Serious question.
>>
>>29705542
she sees herself as a princess seeking her prince, spike sees himself as a knight who treats her like a princess.
>>
>>29704801
It was the last time the notion was put under a serious light. All else after that was treated with as little care as possible. It's an arch that has been settled.
>>
>>29705492
To be fair, I like it not happening because sometimes when you love someone, they won't necessarily love you back.
Spike will grow and find someone, maybe a dragon, maybe not, but for now he's a young fella with a crush.
>>
>>29705477
Twilight clearly wants to rub against his scales. Ever see the way she rolls her eyes when he drools over Rara? She just knows she can't because everyone thinks she's his surrogate mother. Also because Spike doesn't find her attractive. Something that haunts her dreams every night.
>>
>>29705632
that raises an interesting question. since we know theres no way twilight could have raised him from a baby since she was just a filly, logically it was celestia who raised him. why doesnt spike ever mention her or want to visit her?
>>
>>29705642
We don't know if it was Celestia. Maybe it was a nanny.
>>
>>29705642
More like he was passed around the castle. Celestia was probably twice as busy when Luna was still shoved in the moon. Probably only got to check on him occasionally
>>
>>29705651
So Spike grew up as in an orphanage?
>>
>>29704603
Because Spike is 20 or younger in a race that lives long enough to take 100 year naps and Rarity is a huge slut
>>
>>29704874
Let's hope she's in season 7.
A dragon related crisis comes up and she asks Spike for help.
>>
File: 1460402019454.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460402019454.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>29704610
If she already knew about his crush then why she acted so clueless in Trenderhoof episode and telling him that he never had a crush on anyone.

Haber just retconned this epiosde?
>>
File: 1310659376354.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1310659376354.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>29704801
I think the D&D episode about Shmarity was the most recent reference to Sparity. But even Discord knows that he is dilusioned. Spike kind of transform from innocent child with a crush into a creepy teenage nerd with Rarity tulpa and RPG fantasies about kissing his older neighbour..
>>
>>29705212
>Sparity can't happen because of maturity differnece
>Glimmer will do
>even though she's clearly interested in Sunburst

The shippers will neve cease to amaze me, or maybe it's just Spikefags.
>>
>>29705542
Shota fags
>>
>>29705553
Ember is a literal princess and a dragoness closer to his age.
>>
>>29704603
Because spike is a child, and a different species.Rarity isn't going to wait for him to grow up.
>>
>>29705888
His Rarity plushie would be hard as a rock if Twilight didn't wash it.

Anyway, he's going to get Ember. Probably. She's not as obnoxious of a love interest replacement as Mina in the comics was but still.
>>
>>29705542
A. It's the longest running cannon ship. It's been around since episode 1 was released. (And basically the only ship where the couple arent married or is EQG related which I don't count.)

B. I like to root for the underdog.

C. I'd like to see him get SOMETHING back for eating rara shit for six damn years or however much time has past canonically. He's put so much effort in so no reward would make me feel bad for him.

D. Only ship that wouldn't write him out of the show is he's gonna have to leave pony ville for princess blue cuntess I doubt pony ville would be cool with her or vice a versa. unless you bring in CMC which are similar in age..... Even if it's like hugs and snuggles only implyed relationship I don't want to see CMC getting some spikey action canonically

E. I really feel bad for him. I've been in a similar situation. I moved on and such But I still know what it's like to drool over someone completely oblivious to you..... In my case for 3 years.......... And they weren't like 5 to 10 years older than me.

F. The Fanfics paint the possibility of awesome relationship dynamics, hyginks and over all good storys/ story telling. Seeing it in MLP would be awesome.
>>
>>29704924
because that's what it was.
>>
>>29705950
G. If they don't hook up somehow it'll feel like watching a soap opera where a dude bends over backwards to impress the girl and after watching it for countless hours she marries someone not interduced untill 5 mins before the wedding basically the shining armor fasco again but times two for fucking up the same way twice. and they live happily ever after. It gives you a empty feeling and makes you feel bad for spike. If he moved on maybe........... But if he did then rara would get jealous and put him right back where he was. He obviously wants to bang her so all she has to do is put out enuff bait and the poor little mother fuck will be her slave for life.

G. Its a cute ship and MLP needs more cute canon ships.

H. THEY HAVE BEEN BUILDING UP TO SOMETHING SINCE DAY ONE THEY NEED TO PAY OFF NOT JUST DROP IT OFF A CLIFF AND FORGET ABOUT IT I MEAN DAMN IT! EP 1 SEASON 1 YOU SET IT UP MLP YOUR MOVE.

I. If Devolopment happens it will most likely happen like CMC getting their cutie marks. It'll exulate fast and happen. In a epsiode and change everything and nothing at the same time.
>>
>>29704603

Raraspike or whatever it's called is dead. The last time they really played with it WAS in that episode, in season 2.
>>
>>29705912
Princess blue cuntess has a similar problem to rara tho...... She looks like she's at least a teen and more around older sister age.... So same species but she even has a glaring good God how is this gonna work. Not to mention he'd have to move out of pony ville and I don't see it happening and if it does then damn the writers DO hate spikes ass that much.
>>
>>29705950
They not going to reward Spike with Rarity. At best he will get a different love interest and get over Rarity. She literally cucks him with every handsome stallion.
>>
>>29705982
True. But if they paid him with blue cuntess I mean.... She has most of the same problems as rara. Btw how did she get to be like.... In her teens when spike went from baby to holy shit he's an adult in season two? Is there just not enuff crap to hord for all the dragons or some shit? Also dragons tend to be assholes. On several occasions spike has proved he won't become a asshole just because he's a dragon. Meaning he's probably gonna get fucked up living with princess blue cuntess in about a week. Unless mrs. Cuntess turns the dragon empire into a hugbox.
>>
>>29706012
Why the fuck are you namefagging? What are you contributing to this thread that we need to see a name for?
>>
>>29706023
Its Just in the name field and im to lazy to delete it.
>>
>>29704610
>>29704790
>the child
We don't know Spike's age, anon. Just that he's younger than the mane 6 and around before the CMC.

>>29705233
What about season 6? He was great there.

>>29705542
I actually don't care for shipping him with Rarity. Wouldn't deny that a couple good stories came from the ship though.
>>
>>29704603
Because Rarity isn't a pedophile and she's not into lizards.
>>
File: Big_Jim_Miller_profile.jpg (112KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Jim_Miller_profile.jpg
112KB, 720x960px
>>29704646
>>
>>29705898
>implying she isn't into Trixie
>>
>>29706317
> Spike was great on season 06

I want this sad meme to just die already. No, Spike was shit on s06 for a long list of reasons starting with the fact that literally everything he did was either forgotten on the next episode or used to make Starlight Glimmer look even more special to keep shoving her down everyone's throats.
> "B-buh muh Crystal Keengdom Spaik..."

He's revered as a hero as a joke and then he "hero" is back to Twilight's palace to keep washing dishes and cleaning after everyone. That's how much his hero status is worth for everyone.

Spike hasn't received even a sngle game changing episode and I'm sick to my balls of listening "b-but w-wait and s-see, maybe on n-next season..." over and over after six fucking seasons.
>>
>>29706504
Don't expect to be able to talk any sense into him, Spikefags are retarded.
>>
>>29706545
For the record, I love Spike and I really wish he could have good episodes, but Im not going to use mental gymnastics to delude myself into believe that the crap Haber took on my plate is any good.

The thing that irks me the most is this dumb "Buh-buh Spike's political power..." meme that keeps trying to make the character look better to disguise the fact he's still been treated like shit and at the end of the day, he's still back to be Twilight (and now Starlight's) kid servant no matter how hard they try to rationalize how he isn't.

They had 6 years to prove they could do something good with the character and they failed. And no, I have no reason to believe that S07 will be any different because Starlight Glimmer is still around to keep fucking up the show's balance and stealing everyone's spotlight for herself.
>>
>>29706612
I'm pretty sure the political power thing is not serious, at least for me. It's just an observation that with all of that he still amounts to basically nothing in the show. It's not a bad thing but I'd like him to get better episodes.
>>
>>29706684
I just want to watch a Spike episode where he does something good all by himself, without doing anything dumb for plot's sake, or fucking up for COMEDY' sake and without having his spotlight stolen by other characters.

Also, I want it to have lasting effects, because last season was particularly offensive regarding that aspect. (Oh, you were the Dragonlord and saved Equestria from a teen dragon invasion? That's nice, now go clean the bathroom, Starlight Glimmer still has diarrhea so the toilet still looks like it took a brown confetti explosion.)
>>
File: 1435189194654.gif (556KB, 292x311px) Image search: [Google]
1435189194654.gif
556KB, 292x311px
>>29706717
>lasting effects
Oh no, god forbid we have that in a "little girl's show". Also, last time we had a character have an arc with a lasting effect at the end it outright killed it. Be careful what you wish for.
>>
>>29705881
The point of that scene was that she was being thoughtless, not ignorant.
>>
>>29706890
Its still kind of assholish to masturbate over Trender in front of Spike if she s aware that she's breaking his heart. I think Haber just didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>29707051
>I think Haber just didn't give a fuck
He never did give a single fuck about anything. The show would be better with him gone.
>>
>>29706375
this guy looks like such a tool
>>
>>29707051
>I think Haber just didn't give a fuck.
You THINK?

>>29706751
>Give Spike an episode where he faces extreme danger to protect someone he cares about.
> He's overpowered and beaten, he still struggles in vain to try protecting the ones he cares about because nobody else is there.
> The extreme stress causes his dragon genes to awaken and give him a monstrous physical strength boost he uses to save the day. Keyword: monstrous.
> Problem is, his pants-shitting new strength doesn't go away after saving the day and now he's basically Superman on a world of cardboard
> Rest of the season is about Spike having to learn how to control this new strength of his, so he could go around without destroying everything, this is played for laughs or drama depending of the episode
> At a point his friends wonder if Spike's absurd strength would spark his greed and turn him into a threat they cannot have the heart to stop, but Spike's actions confirm their fears were unfounded.
> Eventually Spike manages to master his strength and he's back to being the same as before unless he needs to go full power again.
> To prevent Spike from becoming a game breaker character the writers make absolutely clear that his power is merely physical so he's still vulnerable to magic attacks (a villain can simply levitate him and hurl him over the horizon) and since he cannot fly, his usefulness is reasonably limited to levels that couldn't screw up the series' balance.

There. It wasn't SO difficult.
>>
>knows about his crush
>stops him from admitting knowing it can never be
>continues to crush on other guys showing that she clearly has no interest in Spike
>but still uses his crush to get him to do things for her
>flirts and flutters her eyelashes knowing he'll droll over her and obey
>Her book (granted not canon) had her scolding another pony for calling him Spiky-wikey and claiming him as hers
I'd rather it never happen. She may be generous in some cases, but she's manipulative when it comes to love. And unless a guy is famous around the world (and not just one empire) she won't view a guy as worth her time.
>>
>>29707275
Litterly Spikes entire role in the series is to be a slave, so she might as well use him.
>>
>>29705972
Eh, maybe now that Ember is going to bring dragons and ponies together, Spike will probably get the chance to meet a dragon close to his age.
>>
>>29707326
> Ember
If she had been supposed to have any impact on the show we already would have seen that during the past season.

She isn't returning and if she ever does, it's going to be a super shitty episode with no impact at all.
>>
>>29707346
I agree with you.
Though who comes back and who doesn't is all over the place, I sure as hell thought they were done with Trixie after season 3.
>>
>>29707372
I wouldn't mind old character returning if weren't because the writers give them absolutely shit stories while Jim and Josh keep approving them despite their claims about caring oh so much.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.