[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Age of Strife: An /mlp/ Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 5

File: 1489173181629.jpg (816KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1489173181629.jpg
816KB, 3000x1688px
Previous Threads:
>https://desuarchive.org/mlp/search/subject/Age%20of%20Strife/
ITT: I, OP, will be taking you on a ride through the third age of Equestria. A time long before the original Elements of Harmony were born, with the unification of the three pony tribes still fresh in the minds of Equestrians everywhere, where Princesses Celestia and Luna struggle to maintain peace under the chaotic reign of Discord and ordinary ponies rise to the occasion with the dreams of becoming great heroes and defending their young nation. You are Pocket Knife, a small unicorn in a big world. With your best friend, Strawberry Fields, you take on the annual tournament held by the Sisters where ponies compete in a series of duels to win a great prize: a favor from Princess Celestia and Luna themselves.

This quest will be run in a tabletop system, the 5th edition of D&D to be exact. Meme at me all you want, but this is how I want to do it. It’s fun for me, and I’ll make it fun for you if you trust me and play along. Mechanical babble will be at a minimum except when you guys ask for it. I will, of course, be acting as the Dungeon Master and you all as the players. Feel free to ask any questions on how I run things.

Part One: Enter the Magical Realm
Session 2.5

Last we left off, we kicked some guy's ass so hard he quit his life and went back to being a shepard...
>>
File: Pocket Knife.png (302KB, 2010x876px) Image search: [Google]
Pocket Knife.png
302KB, 2010x876px
>>29699901
>It's been a little while since you encountered Jasper in the tent. You had (begrudgingly) given him back his expensive clothes and sent him on his way. Last you saw him, he packed them up in a set of saddlebags and set off for home, less teary than before.
>Side Question, how do you feel about how this turned out?
>And so back to your spot on the sidelines of the field with Strawberry
>"That was a really long bathroom break," she mused "did'ya fall in?"
"No," you say "met the guy who I beat. Turned out he was the son of a shepard."
>You neglect to mention the sobbing and your half-hearted attempt to get him to join you and her
>Fields hummed thoughtfully "Really? Looked like one of those seedy noble types to me. Guess you never know who shows up to these things."
"No kidding."
>...
>After a few more matches, Strawberry's second one was up, this time against a unicorn, but not that grey one from earlier. She strutted out there like before and kicked the guy's flank, albeit with some difficulty. She always had trouble with magic-users.
>Okay, blah blah blah, fights fights fights. Geez, even you were getting bored at this point.
>Soon enough, there was that pegasus moderator again and-
>"Pocket Knife and Strawberry Fields!"

How do you feel about this?
>Oh fuck me backwards with a morningstar.
>Sweet, I was hoping for this!
>Pssh, this is gonna be a breeze.
>But, I, uh, really don't want to hurt her...
>Other (Specify)
>>
Should also note that I'm on a good schedule now. Should be smooth-ish sailing from here onward.
>>
>>29699968
>Oh fuck me backwards with a morningstar.
Welp! It's not like we shouldn't have expected this. Lets give it a shot and hope we don't accidentally die.

Please don't let her kill the MC if she crits.
>>
>>29700069
Question: is the Minot illusion cantrip strong enough to make a fog cloud? Something strong enough to hide in?
>>
>>29700189
Well, we did that thing with the box on the last thread, but I don't think Strawberry will fall for it after seeing it firsthand.
>>
>>29700213
Of course. I was hoping we did surround her in a fog and sneak attack her.
>>
>>29700225
We could try feinting
It's a simple bluff v. insight check, but it uses up either a single attack or all of your movement.
>>
>>29700181
By power of the DM, I declare no one will die in this fight.

>Oh boy. Here it comes. It was either you or her.
>"Oooooh! Pockey! Did you hear that?!"
"Yeah." you groan "So, what, you ready for this?"
>"Ready?!" she exclaimed "I've been hoping for this!"
>The hugmonster draws you into another one, putting further strain on your poor, poor body
"Save it for the duel! Down, girl, down!"
>She grins. "Sorry. Good luck, out there!" Without another word, she grabbed her axe and dashed off onto the field.
>You sigh.
"Let's get this over with."
>And onto the field you trotted, with both Fields and the moderator waiting.
>You know the sphiel already; yadda yadda yadda fight fair and don't be a dick.
>"Are the contestants ready?" the white-robed pegasus asks.
>"Mmmph hmmph!" Strawberry mutters through the grip of her weapon
>You hadn't realized how big that thing was until you were about to be on the receiving end of it.
>Ceremoniously, you draw your rapier and take a deep breath, focusing on nothing but you and her.

How are we gonna play this?
>Keep a distance and blast her with your cantrips
>Hit her with one of your spells, you have two 1st-levels to spare, you might need them just to get through this
>Meet her head-on. Whoever wins, wins.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29700319
>Other (Specify)
Can we try the feinting and the dodge actions?
Yeah I deleted and reposted this. I was too slow.
>>
>>29700319
Oh actually spamming cantrips sound better then the dodge + feinting + waiting for her to come to us.

Can we still use dodge or feinting after taking an attack action?
>>
>>29700334
This. Seems like our best bet to start off with.
>>
>>29700344
If you don't move at all, you can use all of it to feint, but Dodge is a full action, so it's one you tak eif you want someone to come to you.
>>
>>29700319
Don't hit her anywhere near her beautiful face. shipping when?
>>
>>29700347
I took another look at da rulez. Can we fire cantrips and use the dash bonus action and the movement action to keep our distance from Berry?
>>
>>29700319
>>29700334
Rrrrrroger

You nod. "Yes, Ma'am."
>"Then let it begin."
>Slowly, the white rag fluttered to the ground. You didn't even watch it, but it felt like minutes before the thing daintily touched the grass.
>You could feel your heart beating faster in your chest as Berry started her charge.
>"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
>Brace for impact.
>You saw her big hunk of iron coming from a mile away and defly dodge to the side, letting the thing plant itself into the ground.
>You try to fake her out by swinging from the right and stopping midway, but it seems she knew you a bit too well. She didn't fall for the feint and parried your real attack.
>She came back in for an overhead chop, and it looked like it would hit you clean, but she cried out in pain. Seems like she pulled a muscle in her neck hefting that thing around.
>You use this opportunity to get her, but your rapier seems to bounce off her body like it was a brick wall.

You neck deep in the melee with a barbarian, with no one getting hurt yet. Trying to feint her again will mean she has advantage on the insight check. Wat do now

>Magic time!
>Hit and run.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29700406
"Berry? You should invest in spiked gauntlets after this fight instead of toting the axe around. You'll hurt yourself again."
>>
>>29700406
Unless that sprain carries on as a penalty to attack on her next attack, I don't suggest fleeing since that would give her the opportunity to make an attack. We could use the disengage bonus action and the dash action.
Could the light spell potentially blind someone? I'm not suggesting we do that. I just want to know.
>>
>>29700406
>>29700523
No, it can't, but your plan might.

>This was too close for comfort. You need some damn breathing room.
>You duck under the next axe swing and slip out of her reach, using all of your focus just to put some distance between her and you.
>She mutters something through the axe clenched in her jaw, which sound something like "Hey, where ya goin'? Come back here and let me beat you up!"
>She gives chase, causing the crowd to hiss and boo and what has now become a game of painful tag.
>"Mmmmph!"
>You grind to a halt, turn around, and mutter a few words of incantation, lighting off your horn with a pale blue glow and sending a blast of fire her way. It catches her square in the center of mass.
>She grumbles something that sounded like "Ow! Ow! No fair, I hate magic!"
>You give her a half-smile and shrug
"Rules are rules, and rules say I can use magic."
>You probably shouldn't goad her too much, but you were having fun.
>And the fun ended when she was right on top of you again.
>Another swing, another miss. You were a bit too quick for her taste now that it was on an even playing field.
>She was loosing focus, you think you can make another attempt at a feint.
>You look like you were coming in for a high strike, and she fell for it completely, moving her axe to block. You go in low and catch her in the side, drawing a little blood, but not enough to make it deadly. The nat20 bluff check helped, too
>She hisses in pain, returning the favor with another shot from the ol-
>OW, FUCK
>You totally didn't see that headbutt coming. A little bit of skull to iron-thick skull action.
>It sends you stumbling, but you can keep going. (15 HP left)
>This was becoming a bit too close for your comfort.
>It was time to end this before the inevitable migraine kicks in.
"Hey, Berry." you say.
>"Mmmpfh?
"G'night."
>"Wha-?
Cont.
>>
>>29700620
"Hey, Berry." you say.
>"Mmmpfh?
"G'night."
>"Wha-?
>>
>>29700620
>Your horn flares, sending a fine mist of silvery powder her way. At first, she tried to retaliate with another strike, but it seemed the axe was suddenly too heavy to lift. And after that, her legs. She slowly lowered herself to the ground, collapsing into the grass like a big 'ol pile of sleepy horse.
>Aaaaaand she was out. Gee, did Strawberry snore like a log. (One spell left for today)
>In glided the moderator. Inspecting Fields briefly, she declared you the winner.
>The crowd gives you a subdued round of applause, tired of giving praise after so many matches. You take it gracefully and follow the moderator and the squires as they gingerly carry Strawberry away on a stretcher.

>...

>You were halfway down the field before Berry came to. Blearily, she looked around, her eyes training on you.
>She yawned. "Congratulations, ya slippery bastard."

How do you react?
>Smug, the horseshoe is on the other hoof now.
>Humble, she put up a good fight.
>Concerned, was that cut you gave her okay?
>Other (Specify)
>>
>You totally didn't see that headbutt coming. A little bit of skull to iron-thick skull action.
>It sends you stumbling, but you can keep going. (15 HP left)
Ouch, 8 dmg. That a bit over a third of his health.
>>
>>29700652
>Concerned, was that cut you gave her okay?
>>
>>29700652
Level up when?
>>
>>29700652
>>29700668

>>29700739
Soon (TM)

>You eye the cut on her side. You really didn't want to do that, but you were kind of caught in the heat of the moment.
"You feel okay?"
>"Never better!" She shot you a cocky grin, as was her way. "You wanna go again?"
"I think I'll have to save it for the next guy. You took a lot out of me."
>"I hit you once, baby."
"It was really hard."
>"It was just a little blunt trauma!"
>They carried her over to a pure white tent with a big red cross sewn into the side. There, several ponies wearing similar white robes tended to the losers, and even some of the winners.
>One of them immediately went to work on Berry as they moved her from the cot to the stretcher.
>Another came up to you.
>"Are you hurt?"
"A little conk to the noggin, otherwise I'm right as rain."
>"I'll sort this out, nurse." The moderator cuts in. She moves and puts a hoof o your forehead. You notice her eyes glow with a soothing white light briefly, then the headache that's been creeping up on you seems to recede like a wave on the beach.
"Thanks." You rub your head. You were never one for the healing arts, but you'll be damned if it wasn't useful.
>"I'm North Star." she says "You weren't too bad out there, Pocket Knife. Your friend was a tough one, some of the toughest I've seen today."
>You and Berry share a knowing look
"We do okay for ourselves."
>"So what is it that drives you to beat the snot out of your best friend?"
>"Hey!" Fields protests, but the both of you ignore her.
>"You two seem like the whole glory and riches type to me. Are you here to ask the Sisters for wealth unending like all of the other poor souls lying in my infirmary?"

Well, what do you plan on asking Celestia and Luna for? By your count, you should be making it to the finals.
>>
>>29700790
Haven't really thought about it. We only joined partly out of s flight of fancy, and because our friend was a part of it. What did Berry want out of the competition?
>>
>>29700790
The love of my best friend. Nah I'm kidding. Kind of. Maybe.
>>
>>29700828
>What did Berry want out of the competition?
Odd. She never told you. You just assumed she was in it for the glory.
>>
>>29700828
Wow I'm surprised we never asked her before.
>>
>>29700841
>>29700846
There's no reason why we can ask her right now.
>>
>>29700790
>>29700846
>>29700852

>Well that was a question.
"Honestly," you say "I haven't thought about it. I never expected to win. Speaking of which..."
>You turn to Berry, who was fidgeting under the magic of one of the nurse ponies.
"Strawberry." you say softly.
>"What's up?"
"What were planning on asking of the Sisters anyway?"
>She immediately goes from her normal shade of pale pink to cherry red in two seconds.
>"Oh, uh, nothing, nothing. It, ah, doesn't really matter anymore does it?" She gives a fake chuckle. "Doesn't matter."

Yeah, she's totally hiding something.
>Leave it at that, it seems that question was a bit to intimate than she wanted.
>Press further, your curiosity has gotten the better of you.
>>
>>29700894
Now I have to know what she was going to ask for. Lets's try and see if she'll talk about it
>>
>>29700894
Press
>>
>>29700894
Come on Berry. We're your best friend. You can tell us anything.
>>
>>29700894
>>29700942
>>29700966

"Berry." you say "Come on, I've got the chance to ask a favor from the Sisters and I can't come up with a blessed thing. It's probably a lot better than nothing."
>She eyeballed the floor intently. "Nothing. It's nothing. Look, let's make a deal. You don't make me look like such a fool for loosing to a weak little unicorn by winning this thing, and I'll tell ya whatever ya wanna know. Deal?"

Deal?
>>
>>29700894
The way you're acting now it seem you wanted to ask them out on a date. C'mon...what are ya hiding?
>>
>>29700998
Deal
>>
>>29700998
Can we buy an enhancement potion before the final match?
>>
>>29700998
I got lucky. I kinda knew your weaknesses by spending so much time with you. If there's a tougher opponent out there then I probably don't stand a chance. Besides...I'm almost all out of magic.
>>
>>29701050
>>29700998
Then we better win this for Berry. No backing out now since we took away her chance at victory.
>>
>>29700998
>>29701001 (Odds)
>>29701006 (Evens)
1d2...Evens
>>29701023
Not with 40 piddly gold

"Okay, we've got a deal."
>Strawberry seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. "Thanks."

>...

>Ho-kay. It was getting close. Getting real close.
>You asked around a bit and found out you were the duelist the FINAL MATCH. It was just you and some other guy, and whoever wins the battle, wins the war.
>That guy was undoubtedly the grey unicorn that you noted earlier.
you poked around a bit with that North Star mare and found out his name was Sombra, an enchanter from the Crystal Empire.
>Plus there was another development, there's been whispering. Ponies are saying that the princesses will be arriving to spectate.
>A fight with the Sisters themselves watching... that was not how you expected today to go when you woke up.
>They've said that the fight will be on delay until the sisters arrive. You have a little bit of time to prepare for the fight. Be prepared, be prepared. Didn't the colt scouts say that?

Any ideas on how you want to prepare?
>>
Gonna give this question a bit more time than usual. Need to grab some food.
>>
>>29701095
Is there any way we can restore our magic before the fight?
>>
>>29701095
Ask around a bit more about this Sombra fellow. How did he fight? His strengths and weaknesses? His psyche? Is he arrogant? Humble?
>>
>>29701095
We can probably find the people who had fought him in the tent.
>>
>>29701095
We need something to throw at him and break his concentration when he starts casting spells. Some rocks should help.
>>
>>29701095
If we can't afford an enhancement potion, then what about a smoke bomb? Maybe we can even persuade some of the people who lost to this Sombra guy to lend their gear to best him. I'm thinking there will be some people who would be sore from losing to him. Would you rather the guy who beat your chances of fortune win, or the the guy fighting the guy who had beaten you?
>>
>>29701095
Going with
>>29701163
>>29701215
and
>>29701227 Daggers work just as well, too
>So, spellcaster. How does one disrupt a spellcaster? Break his concentration, duh. Very sharp pointy things flying at high speed is something that would definitely distract you.
>Luckily, daggers are cheap and weapons vendors were numerous. You exchange 4 gold for two daggers, which you affix to your armor so that they'd be easy to access and throw pretty quickly.
>So now was the time to put your wits to good use. You saunter over to the tent full of ponies in pain, intent on coaxing some potential information out of them, had there been any opponents of this Sombra character still lazing about.
>As you poke your head through the flaps you were surprised to find that very unicorn standing over Summer's cot. The two were speaking, but you couldn't make out what they were saying.

Wat do?
>You can't interrogate anyone while he's here. Wait til he leaves.
>There's only one reason as to why he'd be talking to Fields.Try to eavesdrop.
>Ah, to hell with it. Good sportsmanship was never your forte but you can make an exception. Make yourself known and greet him.
>>
>>29701311
>Summer's
Strawberry's*
No idea where that came from desu
>>
>>29701311
Let's put those sneak skill to the test. Eavesdrop on them.
>>
>>29701318
Do we now have a total of 4 daggers?
>>
>>29701311
Eavesdrop. Would be nice to know how fields is talking about us behind our back.
>>
>>29701311
Wassup My fellow unicorn. You excited for this fight? Wha'cha talkin bout?
>>
>>29701311
Is he using magic on Summer to goad out information? Perception.
>>
>>29701311
Can we see how animated they are in their conversation? Does she look hypnotized?
>>
>>29701311
I think he might have had the same idea as Pocket. He couldnr have asked our first opponent seeing as he left, and I'm not too sure Summer would give information to the guy who's fighting her friend. We're fighting for her after all.
>>
>>29701318
Starting Equipment

You start with the following items, plus anything provided by your background.

• (a) a Rapier or (b) a Shortsword
• (a) a Shortbow and Quiver of 20 Arrows or (b) a Shortsword
• (a) a Burglar's Pack, (b) a Dungeoneer's Pack, or (c) an Explorer's Pack
• Leather Armor, two daggers, and Thieves' Tools

Alternatively, you may start with 4d4 x 10 gp to buy your own Equipment.

So I have some concerns....
>>
>>29701311
>>29701356
>>29701333 (Checked)
>>29701348 We have 3

>Without another sound you slip back out and gently flip the flaps back into place.
>Creeping around the perimeter of the tent, you stop where you estimate Strawberry Fields and Sombra to be.
>...
>"-was quite a nasty fight. Are you all right? These clerics do seem quite adept at their jobs, don't they?"
>"Yeah, I feel pretty good, but they won't let me go for a while. If they don't let me out of this place by the time the fight starts, I'll probably tear through this place like a minotaur!"
>They both laugh.
>"My, Ms. Fields, you are quite different from the other mare contestants I've met haha!"
>Was he... hitting on her?
>"My best friend's the top competitor around, he'll be out there when the princesses come. I wouldn't miss that for the world."
>Oh, Berry, you and your big mouth.
>"Is that right? Must have been an ordeal having to fight him."
>"Nah, not really. I went easy on him."
>Now you KNOW that was a lie.
>"Anyhow, I must find myself a nurse without such a dreadful workload. I'd love to pick their brains over regarding some of the spells they can wield. Au revoir!"
>"Yeah, see ya."

>Huh. He wasn't trying to extract any information from her after all. Curious. It gives you pause. He seems so sportsmanlike, you feel a tinge of regret for the reason why you're here in the first place.

Wat do?
>Nah, hell with that. I wanna win! Continue on to collect info on him.
>Maybe I shouldn't, you know? I could show the same restraint as he did.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29701413
I'll go through and edit the inventory. Give me a sec.
>>
>>29701424
Might as well have a chat with him. Ask him if he's feeling nervous before the final duel. What is he gonna do if he wins?
>>
>>29701424
Well Strawberry talked to him, why not see what she thinks about him?
>>
>>29701424
>Nah, hell with that. I wanna win! Continue on to collect info on him.
Pocket Knife is a Rogue. R-O-G-U-E. It's in his fortee to gather information..
>>
>>29701424
Find out what we can. Only way Straw is gonna tell us what she wanted is if we win.
>>
>>29701424
Smoke bombs when?
>>
File: inventory.png (20KB, 1674x200px) Image search: [Google]
inventory.png
20KB, 1674x200px
>>29701430
New inventory
>>
>>29701473
I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. My desire for earthly possessions is great.
>>
>>29701450 (Even)
>>29701456 (Odd)
1d2...Odds. Rogues do rogue things.

>Eventually that guy leaves. You watch as he stirides out. This guy didn't look so tough. Like a stiff breeze would knock him over.
>Eh, whatever. You slip in and greet Strawberry.
"Hey, Berry, you talk to anyone in here? Anyone that fought that one grey unicorn guy?"
>"Grey unicorn?" she asked, puzzled. "HE'S your opponent? Gee, if that's him then this thing is in the BAG."
DM's Note: I really wish this board had italics
"So, have you? Quick, before he comes back."
>"Ah, you being sneaky again? Same old Pocket."
>"Hey!" somepony from the other side of the tent called, a burly-looking gryphon with a bandage around his chest lying in one of the cots. "You need dirt on the Sombra guy?"
"Dirt, dirty laundry, skeletons in his closet, anything you can give me, really."
>"Yeah, I fought him. He was almost as fast as me, real spell-slinger, too."
>You walk up to him.
"What kind of magic did he use?"
>"Eh, only saw like two of 'em. He didn't even hit me with fire or nothin'. First one was some kinda personal shield that made him a lot less squishy than he looked, the other made my bones feel like they was made out'a stone or somethin'. Spent the whole fight just tryin' to move. Next thing I knew, I he rapped me on the head so many times with his stick, I just passed out.
>Arcana check...
>You now know he has Mage Armor and Hold Person, and he has used at least a 1st and 2nd level spell today.
Gonna continue in a min. Gotta shit.
>>
If he didn't have a spellbook or a familiar with him, then he's either a sorcerer or a warlock.
>>
>>29701563
>You mull over this information.
"Thanks."
>Okay, you know two of his spells, you know he's taxed his reserves of magic so far today- far more than you've ever done yourself -and you know he uses a quarterstaff.
>Plan plan plan, you need a plan now. It's going to be his last fight, so he's probably going to pop off every last spell he can squeeze.

What's your plan?
>>
>>29701659
In 5e, familiars don't exist as a class mechanic for wizards, but you never saw a spellbook as far as you can remember.
>>
>>29701663
If the competition is two rounds per contestants, then there should've been one more person he had fought.
>>
>>29701663
So does this guy has anything we could, maybe borrow to use against this guy?
>>
>>29701700
He seems to be a fighter of some sort, so he has nothing but a war hammer and a shield to lend you, both of which you aren't proficient with.
>>
>>29701711
That's fine. It's cool that he was willing to lend us those. Does he have any plans after this fight?

Shortbow
Range: 80/320

Can you tell me how this range thingy works?
>>
>>29701724
He plans on returning to Gryphonstone and returning to his life as a town guard.

Yeah, the first number is its effective range, so anything in 80 feet is a valid target. Anything 81 feet or farther away has disadvantage. Anything beyond 320 is literally impossible.
>>
>>29701751
>Anything beyond 320 is literally impossible.
Unless you roll a nat20. What's the France penalty between 81 And 320? It's been a while sinceI've, last played.
>>
>>29701751
Nevermind. Looked it up. A disadvantage is rolling 2d20 and choosing the lowest, while an advantage is rolling 2d20 and choosing the highest, correct?
>>
>>29701785
Aye
>>
>>29701663
Just play it by ear at this point. We have a vague idea of what he can do and I don't think we can learn anything more before the match.
>>
>>29701795
What about the other dude Sombra was supposed to beat?
>>
>>29701663
>>29701853
>Well, you guess you'll burn that bridge when you come to it. For now, you rest.

>...

>It was quite a spectacle when the princesses arrived to the grounds.
>It seemed like half the ponies in all of Equestria were looking up and pointing when they caught the first glance.
>The two Sisters, flying side-by side on great wings descended from the sky, the clouds above seemed to part at their passing, sending warm rays of light shining down from blinding blue skies.
>As the two towering alicorns landed in the center of the battlefield, ponies began to fall low, bowing before the two angels that graced them with their presence. You and the newly healed Strawberry Fields were among those ponies. You all held it for what felt like ages before rising once more.
>Not long after that, you say North Star barreling toward you on wings. Before you could react or ask any questions, she and several other ponies started ushering you to a tent at the edge of the field.
>They drew the entrance shut, practically dumped you in a tub of hot water and ordered you to bathe. You tried to make some rather off-color jokes, but they weren't having any of it. They wanted it, and wanted it now, so you obliged.
>After you were finished, a troupe of squires hurriedly dried you off and brought in a set full of what looked like body paints.
"Hey, hey, whoa, I ain't into that kind of-"
>They explained that is was ceremonial, something about war paint dating back to the blah blah blah, stop fidgeting.
>You could only imagine what the other guy was going through about now.
>As soon as they were finished drawing a myriad of glyphs on your body, they let you have your armor and weapons. North Star ordered you to wait until your name was called, then the duel will begin.
>You sigh, finally deciding to just play along.
>Soon enough, you could hear North's voice coming from outside the tent. She sounded like she was trying to make it carry all the way to the Empire.

cont.
>>
>>29701996
"Citizens and rightful sovereigns of Equestira, we are gathered here today to witness the final stages of this tournament. As the harsh chill of the winter lifts itself from the land and gives way to the warmth of spring, so does the pony lift himself from his rest and begin to toil upon the land. And, to mark this momentous occasion, two champions we shall see duel. Both of them facing trials by combat to stand before the judgement of the daughters of the sun and moon."
>"Hailing from the island of Manehattan, a stallion who has shown wit and cunning in battle, stepping onto the sacred field of battle, we have Pocket Knife!"
>The ponies outside really went wild for you. You could feel the thunder of their applause in the earth beneath your hooves.
>You swallow a lump in your throat and stride forth into the open. Woah, the ponies really gathered for this one. You saw more faces in the crowd than you could count in a year.
>And sitting at the very edge in their own thrones were princesses Celestia and Luna themselves.
>You could feel their eyes on you. You fight the nigh-overwhelming urge to sink and bow before them, but you power on.
>"And, hailing from the Crystal Empire, another stallion who has shown grace, humility, and arecane prowess before his opponents, steps forth Sombra!"
>The grey unicorn emerged, clad in his own patterns of white paint, slinging a simple oak quarterstafff bound in iron across his back.
>There was North Star again, oh by the sun and stars it was about to go down.
>"I assume the both of you understand our rules by now, correct?"
"Yes."
>"We do."
>North gave a satisfied nod. "Remember, it shall not be I that decides the beginning and end of the match. That will be a decision made by the princesses. May the both of you strike true. Good luck."
>And with that, she flew off.
>"May the best stallion win, my friend." Sombra moved toward you, offering a hoof.
>You hesitantly shake it.
"May the best stallion win."
cont.
>>
>>29702111
>You both turn tail and begin putting yourselves a healthy distance away from each other.
>Your senses were on edge. You had to fight the urge not to gawk at the princesses. They were here, they were REALLY here.
"Focus." you say to yourself.

How are you going to handle this fight.
>Keep a distance with your bow.
>Fight him head on. Spellcasters don't do hooficuffs well.
>Make it a spell duel. By Celestia, you only have one spell and your cantrips left, but you were still a unicorn damn it.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29702145
Dodge? If he doesn't do anything pull out your bow and arrow.
>>
>>29702145
Let's try the bow. I'm sure he knows how to use that staff and it might not be a bad idea to save the spell for now, as well as the daggers.
>>
>>29702145
This is going to be tricky. I'm more worried about the spells he might have at his disposal, like the hold person. That one only requires someone be within 60 ft and they have to roll a wisdom check, and Pocket doesn't have much in the wisdom department.
>>
Fet. I was sleeping off a food coma. Gosh I missed alot. I dont believe Berry. She could've squashed us if she went into a rage unless she spent all her angry points for the day.
>>
>>29702111 Checked
>>29702199 And Checked
>You decide upon the bow. You really didn't like the look of that guy in the infirmary.
>You levitate it out of its sheathe on your back and nock an arrow while Sombra draws is own staff.
>"You may begin."
>You couldn't tell whether or not that was Celestia's or Luna's voice. Perhaps at that moment you didn't really care.
>Sombra let off a spell, probably that abjuration the gryphon mentioned earlier, and began moving toward you at a trot.
>You draw your arrow and take aim, paying close attention to that pale white aura around his horn.
>You see it flare up and let the blunted arrow loose, sending it sailing straight at his horn. It knocks him right int the head and a bright beam of bluish-white energy is sent harmlessly into the sky.
>You draw and fire again, this time hitting him square in the chest. He heaves, curling up slightly in pain.
>Before you could loose another shot, he was almost on top of you and his horn flashed again.
>You can feel it, the Hold Pony spell, your bones begin to ache and your muscles feel like wet clay.
>By the silvery moon, you can't move!
>He smacks you straight in the gut. You want to keel over, but you can't move.
>No, not like this.
>You force though it. Come on, focus, focus... FOCUS.
>You manage to recover yourself just enough to move your neck, maneuvering the bow.
>You didn't have enough focus to draw and fire at such a range, but a shortbow makes a pretty effective bludgeoning weapon in a pinch.
>Smack. You bring the thing right over his head, fizzling up whatever spell he had cooked next. The weapon crunches under the force of your telekinesis, snapping in two, but with just enough force to knock that guy out cold.
>Thud. He his the ground.
cont.
>>
>>29702306
You haven't seen her rage yet, trust me
>>
>>29702377
Free the dagger at him and said for the referee. He could be faking(?)
>>
>>29702388
Heh. The legends of the Red Rage.
>>
File: 1489035084351.png (131KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489035084351.png
131KB, 900x900px
>>29702415
god damn it Anon, made me spit out my beer
>>
>>29702377
>And just like that, it was over.
>You shoot the princesses sitting in their thrones about thirty feet away a hesitant glance.
>The Sisters whisper among themselves. Despite, that damn spell ringing in your ears, you could kind of make out what they were saying.
>"Aye, this appears to be the one." That one was Luna's voice, you were sure of it.
I was only gonna give you this on a nat 20 perception check and you fucking made it, you fuck.
>It was Celestia who spoke out loud first.
>"A winner has been declared! Pocket Knife is victorious."
>Your name. Celestia said your name.
>You couldn't hear the crowd, you couldn't even hear yourself screaming in triumph, all you could hear was Celestia's voice!
>"Approach thy sovereigns, Pocket Knife." Princess Luna ordered. Her voice was authorative and cold, but comforting somehow.
>You dutifully obliged, stopping a healthy distance from the thrones and prostrating yourself before them.
>"Rise, Pocket Knife."
>You rose.
>"From this day forth, thou shalt be immortalized as the victor of the fifty-third Tournament of Spring Champions. I bid thee congratulations, and I declare this event to be at an end."
>Celestia spoke next. Her voice was like silver bells on a summer's morning. "We grant thee leave to follow thine heart's desires, and grant an audience in our castle at sunset this day. Thou shalt be granted entrance at twilight. We bid thee a good day."
>With that said, the princesses stood from their seats and unfurled their mighty wings.
>Taken aback, you gaze in awe as the alicorns take flight, returning beyond the treeline in mere seconds.
cont
>>
>>29702507
>You stared mesmerized, even as they disappeared from sight.
>You could see Strawberry Fields break free from the crowd in a mad dash toward you, followed by several of the onlookers. They were coming to congratulate you!
>The first to make it was a pegasus, one of the squires. He looked so happy.
>With a grin on his face, he gave you a firendly pat on the back.
>"Congratulations, friend! What a wonderful day for us.
"For us?"
>You didn't see him produce the dagger from underneath his garb.
>"THE HORDE MUST HAVE A QUEEN!"
>The what-
>And it was in you. You could only look down in disbelief as there was a very large dirk protdruing from your chest.
"Wha...?"
>And all faded to black.

End Part One.
>>
Well, that's it for tonight, folks! I don't have an exact time for when the next thread will be, but, as God is my witness, it will be sometime this week. Check the CYOA discussion thread sometime tommorow-ish for an update.

Later, losers.
>>
>>29702525
Well fuck
>>
>>29702525
Well, this was a nice quest. GG everyone. Kinda short for my liking, but I liked it. Too bad we died right away.
>>
>>29702525
Well......fuck
>>
>>29702550
You seem to not know how easy it is for moderate-level casters to shove dead people's souls back into their bodies in D&D. I'll be damned if Celestia doesn't have at least 15 levels in Cleric.
>>
>>29702550
Assuming so quicking guy?
>>
>>29702542
Will you occasionally stick around here or in the main thread to answer questions?
>>
>>29702935
Yes. I'll have a few minutes during the work day and plenty of time every night to phonepost.

Also, I should note that there is no need to bump this thread if you're not waiting on an answer to a significant question.

Just putting that out there.
>>
>>29702525
>"THE HORDE MUST HAVE A QUEEN!"
>The what-
>And it was in you. You could only look down in disbelief as there was a very large dirk protdruing from your chest.
"Wha...?"
>And all faded to black.

You heard him guys. We have to be the new queen. Quick. Someone get a transformation spell.

I really hope Berry stomped this fucked for us.
>>
>>29703069
Can we add the very large dirk to our inventory?
>>
>>29703083
We are kinda too dead to be doing that.
>>
>>29703090
You're never not too dead to keep loot. Take undead for example, or certain kinds of undead.
You could be right about Pocket Knife being dead, but does that mean he's dead dead? If you know anything about D&D it's that if you go below 0 hp, you are considered unconscious and have a number of rounds before you are pronounced truely dead. That, and DwarfBeard did not specifically say that he died but. Well, you know.
>>
>>29702525
>THE HORDE MUST HAVE A QUEEN!
We better not wake up without a horse cock. A dress is okay.
>>
>>29704176
But then we'll never get the chance to fuck Berry.
>>
>>29704342
Anon, try reading the post again. Pretty sure it meant that Pocket better not wake up as a mare.
>>
>>29704490
>>
Theese are some interesting theories.
>>
>>29706322
Your sarcasm is noted :^)
>>
I wonder how Berry is taking our stabbing. I bet she's just made she couldn't have stomped the assassin fast enough.

If there is anyone left here, what do you guys think is the reason for that assassin to stab Pocket Knife? What was so special about him, and to what purpose did this serve?
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.