[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Show discussion on muh board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (120KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120KB, 1063x752px
The Last Roundup. S2 E14

Hey let's talk about this episode.
Honestly I was expecting more Applejack focus and less mane5 and less Derpy.
You know, focus on Applejack's struggle with the competition instead of letting it happen off screen.

What were you originally expecting out of it, /mlp/.?
>>
>>29692822
>What were you originally expecting out of it, /mlp/.?
i thought it would be applejacks final solution to buffalo
>>
File: Little_Strongheart_ID_S1E21.png (229KB, 540x770px) Image search: [Google]
Little_Strongheart_ID_S1E21.png
229KB, 540x770px
>>29692833
We haven't seen this little buffalo in 6 years. Almost 6 years, we just have to wait for April.
>>
>>29692822
From the episode description I expected something like that as well. A real struggle for her and the competition itself. But Derpy swept everyone off their feet right from the start and I think this is now remembered more as a "that episode with Derpy in it". But all in all I liked it, I don't usually care for AJ-centered episodes but this one was good. I liked Cherry Jubilie and RARITYCATCHME moment was top cute.
>>
>>29692854
>"that episode with Derpy in it"
It's a shame that so many people only remember that part when there's a lot more to the episode.

Something in the episode that I thought was kind of odd was seeing Pinkie desperate to get to a restroom. Was this the first time a reference to bodily functions was made or am I forgetting something? It just seemed out of place.
>>
>>29692940
I didn't care for the drama but it was very real, to be fair it's the first and only precedent of something like that, so it was bound to be remembered. I don't think it overshadowed the actual episode in the long run, as people who weren't around at the time probably have no idea how significant Derpy's appearance and voice controversy was at the time.
>Was this the first time a reference to bodily functions was made or am I forgetting something?
I think it was the first time. It was a bit bizarre as it wasn't really a thing before or after. Just one gag that didn't really lead to anything.
>>
>>29692940
>It's a shame that so many people only remember that part when there's a lot more to the episode
>seeing Pinkie desperate to get to a restroom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbv0IK_yThE

3 million views.
>>
>>29692822
>The Last Rounderp
FTFY
>>
I'll rewatch it in a few moments
>>
>>29692822
>Honestly I was expecting more Applejack focus and less mane5 and less Derpy.
I don't think that this is a major problem.
The fact that AJ lied a lot in the episode it much more unsettling.
All in all it is a nice episode, fitting nicely with AJs theme of biting of more than she could chew and going the extra mile for her friends or rather the people she tries to help.
>>
File: 1472208739314.gif (1MB, 565x568px) Image search: [Google]
1472208739314.gif
1MB, 565x568px
>>29692940
>>29693015
>>
File: -_S2E14.png (648KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
-_S2E14.png
648KB, 1280x720px
>>29692940
>It's a shame that so many people only remember that part when there's a lot more to the episode
It's not the only thing to remember about it.
>>
>>29694404
No, what's unsettling is seeing everyone chasing Applejack like some wanted criminal.
>>
File: full.png (170KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
170KB, 1000x1000px
>>29694502
She broke the pinky promise
>>
>>29692822
>more Applejack focus and less mane5
>focus on Applejack's struggle with the competition instead of letting it happen off screen.
Focusing less on the rest of the mane 6 would have taken away from the main conflict of telling the truth about what happened. Focusing on the other struggles generally could have been done but I don't how much it would have added to the story without other parts to be rushed.

>>29694502
They wanted to know the truth as badly as she wanted to keep the truth from them so of course it wasn't going to be pretty.
>>
File: 1.png (470KB, 947x780px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
470KB, 947x780px
Also it seems hard to give it as much meaning as this for example.
>>
>>29692822
I'm with >>29692854 as far as the expectation going into it is concerned. Derpy being there is obviously the big standout moment in the episode, sorry Applejack, but there was other great stuff in there too.
Seeing what happens if you break a Pinkie promise, "Rarity catch me!", and that heartwarming group moment at the end was also nice.
>>
>>29695359
Dash crying at the end was kinda qt
>>
File: Iron_Horses_we_are_S2E14.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Horses_we_are_S2E14.png
1MB, 1280x720px
They seemed more or less okay with being smacked by the tow
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.