[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Discord was turned to stone before Luna was banished, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: BF50EvnCUAA4a_o[1].jpg (20KB, 525x506px) Image search: [Google]
BF50EvnCUAA4a_o[1].jpg
20KB, 525x506px
If Discord was turned to stone before Luna was banished, why did the spell keeping him imprisoned break AFTER she came back?
>>
>>29665142
>"but since Luna and I are no longer connected to the elements, the spell has been broken!"
>>
>>29665142
Why wouldn't it? The time it broke was only hard to believe because it's the CMC's fault, while people would definitely have argued around the statue at some other point in the last ~3000 years
>>
>>29665142
what on earth would that have to do with anything?

There's not a thousand year time limit on spells.
>>
>>29665142
Because, reasons. This is a children's show after all.
>>
>>29665142
Only Shitball fans would know.
>>
File: 23257237.gif (4MB, 245x256px) Image search: [Google]
23257237.gif
4MB, 245x256px
>>29665151
>the one man who watches the show
im proud of you.
>>
>>29665159
>There's not a thousand year time limit on spells.
Actually, I believe there is. It's even in the prophecy that after a thousand years the stars would aid in Nightmare Moon's escape. I think Celestia had a pretty good idea of how long the imprisonment spells would last.
>>
>>29665159
Actually, I think that's EXACTLY the case.

Luna broke free of the moon because the 1000 year time limit was up. "The stars will aid in her escape" was referring to Twilight, AKA Starbutt, defeating and curing her.
>>
>>29665151
What does that even mean though? When did Celly and Luna become disconnected from the Elements? Presumably it must be when Twilight and her friends used them for the first time.

Meaning that the spell binding Discord should have broken the exact moment Luna when was cured.
>>
>>29665204
It did. He was awoken by the very next chaotic event that occurred near him.
>>
>>29665219
Oh fuck I'm dumb.

OK, so then that raises the question of WHY something chaotic was required to fully break him out, but I guess it doesn't really matter.
>>
File: 2685624.jpg (35KB, 607x400px) Image search: [Google]
2685624.jpg
35KB, 607x400px
>>29665237
>>
>>29665237
>Option 1: His powers atrophied and he was not able to do anything until he was out and could 'flex' them again
>Option 2: The connection to the elements acted as a reinforcement against outside disruption, but the stonification spell could hold him on its own
>Option 3: Discord had gone catatonic inside the statue as a means of keeping his (in)sanity and wasn't initially aware the connection was broken
>>
>>29665204
They were idle for too long, so they got disconnected from elements.equestria.net
>>
>>29665321
>Option 4: He's actually more aware than we think, and wanted to awaken only when he could get some actual friends.
>>
>>29665237

I think he was just biding his time so he wouldn't give away his freedom before he had a plan.

Remember he knew enough about 4 of the mane 6 to break them with just words. It probably took time to make those observations.
>>
>>29665204
>Meaning that the spell binding Discord should have broken the exact moment Luna when was cured.
the spell had left him weakened to the point of inability to escape any aruging beforehand did not give him the power but with the spell gone the cmc bitching gave him the power he needed to break out.
>>
File: Hidden Jew.png (31KB, 456x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hidden Jew.png
31KB, 456x500px
Isn't it obvious?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.