[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[CYOA]Custos Luna #8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (667KB, 1036x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
667KB, 1036x1024px
It has been a looooong time, hasn't it? Let's have some fun again! Hopefully.

Catch up here: https://www.anonpone.com/custos/

Someone do me a favor and write a proper summary for the CYOA here
>>
>You groan as the rays of the setting sun reach your face.
>Turning over you pull the sheets over your head.
>The beds of your barracks aren't exactly comfortable but at least better than the burning beams of light.
>All around you, similar groaning can be heard, mixed with ponies climbing out of their beds.
>A pair of hooves shakes your hiding form under the sheets.
>"Come on, Silver, wake up! You don't want wanna be late to training", you can hear Sorbet's pleading voice.
>Desperately attempting to get those precious 5 minutes of remaining sleep you move away from the disturbing hoof.
>And a few seconds later you can hear a quiet "eep" coming from your friend.
>What comes next came completely unexpected to you: What feels like 3 buckets of ice cold water is dumped right on top of you.
>Immediately you sit upright in your bed, looking around for the source of it.
>In front of you, 3 stallions lie on the floor, unable to move from laughter.
>The rest of the foals in the barrack just silently stare at them and you, some in awe, some in schock and some curious.
>"Brutus, do you see that-", one of the colts starts out in between laughter, "little baby Smithy wet herself!"
>"H-how a-bout", Brutus' other companion starts out, "f-from now on we call her Bed Wet instead!"
>This just intensifies the laughing fit the three stallions are in.
>And quite frankly, you are getting super pissed here. Not literally of course.
>Sorbet just stands their, looking between you and your offenders, fear in her eyes.
>It's been 2 years, you mentally tell yourself. 2 years and they still try to pick on you. Pricks.
>2 years since you started training to become one of the lady of the moon's elite fighters.

[1/2]
>>
>2 years not only since your training started, but 2 years that you have been given the chance to prove yourself.
>Your special training is working out you believe. After your regular training you ended up sneaking away when everyone leaves to sleep.
>The hidden training cave is where you meet with Chase or one of her friends at the end of the night and train long into the day.
>Being such a long sleeper should definitely not surprise you.
>Thinking back, you can remember exactly what happened that faithful day when you barely survived the first of three tests of strength.
>A peek at your hoof just confirms it. A pulsating mark of a crescent moon with a small dagger above it.
>You were crying for hours after your first kill. It still boggles your mind sometimes if what you experienced was actually real.
>Whenever you come down to train, the two remaining guards are waiting there for you, every day.
>And someday you shall finish their trials too. It will be the point of time that you can claim to be truly ready.

>But remembering your past has to wait for later. Another splash of water in your face brings you back to reality.
>"Spacing out again, Bed Wet? And you want to be one of us? Darn, you must be one big joke that Lady Nightmare brought here to humor us!"
>A few ponies gasp and take a frightened step back at the mention of 'Lady Nightmare'.
>Admittedly, you have a very hard time to keeping your cool here right now, it feels like you are about to burst.
>What will you do?

[2/2]
>>
>>29661575
Don't give them the satisfaction. If it's really been two years of this crap, then we're sure to be used to it by now.

Get up, find a towel, and let's get to training.
>>
>>29661575
Be a total professional. We're not a kid anymore.
>>
>>29661575

Both of these
>>29661598
>>29661628
>>
>>29661598
Seriously, you'd think they'd be better at this crap after so long.
>>
>>29661664
Yeah, no kidding. Must be running out of ideas.
>>
>>29661598
>>29661628
>>29661637
>>29661664
>>29661671
>Your parents always told you that all ponies change. Grow when they get older, both physically and mentally.
>By now, you aren't too sure of this really applying to ALL ponies. Clearly, these three must have not been given the note to grow up.
>After all, wetting your bed? Is that really all they can come up with? Weak and immature, they must be running out of ideas.
>The whoopee cushion from two days ago just confirms your suspicion.
>You definitely won't give them the satisfaction of reacting to their childish pranks and just wordlessly stand up.
>Moving past the 3 colts on the floor you trot over to the shower room, pull a clean towel of the drying racks and start getting ready for the day.
>Time is ticking so you don't really get to brush your coat. Big mistake on your part. You now look like a puffy ball of floof.
>Leaving the showers you are met with the three colts stoically staring at you, before breaking out in absolute laughter once more.
>>
>>29661965
Come on Sorbet, let's get going.
>>
>This time, a few ponies around you try to stifle their own laughter as well, more or less successfully.
>You feel your otherwise gray face heat up and you can feel yourself getting as red as a tomato.
>"Wet Bed now became a literal bed, this is golden", Brutus bursts out.
>A pony coughing behind them makes your attention snap at the newcomer.
>You can't help but get a slight hint of a smile on your face as you see your mentor and good friend Chase in the doorway.
>She looks less than pleased, all things considered, but she still gives you that small trademark smile you have gotten to know so well over the years.
>"What's with all this commotion here?", Chase starts out, her voice stern and commanding, fitting for a high ranking military officer.
>All ponies slowly turn their heads, laughter falling to silence and their faces twisted in fear.
>"I hate repeating myself, so who's gonna speak up? Or do I have to ask Victor to make you run a hundred rounds around the castle before you clean the bathroom stalls?"
>Should you answer her? Wait for someone else to reply? Do something else?

[2/2]

>>29661969
Sorry forgot the [1/2]
>>
>>29661974
Fuck these jokers, tell Chase what's up so that they don't have the chance to fabricate something.
>>
>>29662056
Sure, I'll buy that.
>>
>>29662056
Lets not forget that they're being protected. To much punishment will cause repercussions.
>>
>>29662056
>>29662065
>>29662194
>There comes a time where even you aren't able to keep your cool. It is one of those traits that you admire about Chase.
>Whatever situation she has been in, she always ended up being able to keep her feelings under control.
>Unfortunately, you know that it takes a toll on her. She told you not to tell anyone, but she has been crying with you a lot.
>You completely lost track of the countless nights that you sat together on her bed, holding each other close and just let the tears flow free.
>All while the moon was shining through the window with it's gentle light, your princess protecting both of you.
>For now though, it is time to act. You step forward, holding your head high and your chest out.
>Every stare is on you as you slowly progress in front of your mentor, taking a quick bow before looking her straight in the eyes.
"Brutus figured I require some help to wake up. His methods were more than questionable to do so, though."
>You point over to your still completely wet bed and sheets before you continue.
"Multiple buckets of cold water seemed appropriate to him and his henchponies."
>Chase nods thoughtfully before letting you continue.
"Moreover, they believed ridiculing me is going to further whatever goal they are following. Apparently my new name is Bed Wet."
>Slightly impatient, Chase taps her hoof to her chin. "Well, I suppose we should thank them for waking you up, don't you think?"
>A barely visible smirk shows on her face for a second that only you were able to see. "Maybe a bath is in order?", she suggests.
>Should you accept Chase's offer of "rewarding" them? Or should you let them go for now, like you did so many times before?
>Is there something else you would suggest? Switching sleeping places or something different entirely, perhaps?
>What will you do?
>>
>>29662194
We're supposed to be protected too, for that matter.
>>
>>29662307
Tit for tat seems appropriate, in my opinion.
>>
>>29662307
Be the bigger pony. Don't reward them, but maybe we can demand that Brutus and his cronies be placed in different quarters? Brutus by himself might not be so tough on us.

Barring that, just let them go. I don't see a reason to stoop to their level.
>>
>>29662325
Good idea, Anon.
>>
>>29662309
Their protection is a vengeful bastard that has no issue with throwing his weight around or causing collateral damage.
>>
File: file.png (39KB, 315x196px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
39KB, 315x196px
>>29662309
>>29662324
>>29662325
>>29662333
>>29662351
>You just calmly shake your head before answering. "I do not see need for such measures."
>The bat mare frowns but quickly regains her composure before coughing.
>"If you say so.", she responds, a hint of disappointment in her voice, "Now hurry up though, breakfast time is almost over."
>With that, basically every pony in the barrack scrambles around, getting their stuff ready for the day and rushing past your friend and you.
>Even Brutus and his friends make their way out, glaring daggers at you.
>As they pass you, Brutus whispers into your ear: "Damn snitch, I'll get you back for that".
>Well, that sounded less than good to you, but you don't let it phase you. On the outside at least.
>As they are gone, Chase starts petting your mane before taking you into a hug.
>"Not gonna lie, these 2 months on rotation without my favorite filly have been super hard. Who would have thought a shoulder to cry on could be so relieving?"

[1/2]
>>
>She chuckles, but you didn't miss the quiet sniffle and her eyes being slightly wetter than usual.
>Since you got moved to the barracks with the rest of the foals, your mentors were sent back into regular guard rotation, leaving for months at a time to protect the country.
>As you look up and down Chase's body, multiple semi-fresh wounds become apparent, and the bags under her eyes aren't really encouraging either.
"Chase?", you start, hugging her back closely. "Could I ask you... well, a favor?"
>She looks up at you, breaking the hug and cocking her head. "Sure, watcha need?"
"Well, would it be possible to relocate Brutus, Featherbrain and Bull? To another barrack or something? I can't say how long I am able to stand those three idiots", you admit, scoffing a hoof.
>She responds by petting your mane but her face says it all. "I am so sorry, Silver. You know, I am not responsible for who lives where, that is up to Styx. And the way I see it...", she trails off.
>Yeah, right. Styx has been out for you since the day you got here, no way he is gonna grant your request.
>Silence sets in as the two of you are reunited once again. You enjoy her petting your mane as much as she enjoys doing so.
>You still got a little bit of time until breakfast is over and the lessons begin. Do you want to stay with Chase? Do something with her?
>Or maybe you'd just like to get ready for your day? The choice is all yours.

[2/2]
>>
>>29662656
Chase, do you think I'm almost ready for the next trial? It's been... quite a while.
>>
>>29662656
Any way we can have breakfast with her? It'd be nice to have some time to catch up.
>>
>>29662701
>>29662702
"Hey, Chase, it's been a while since we just sat down and, ...well, talked. Could we maybe have breakfast together? Like old times?",
>The mare smiles as she stands up and leads you out of the barracks and past the walls of the castle
>Since you don't see each other often, the few times you get to have breakfast together are precious to both of you.
>To make them even more comfortable, the two of you always eat breakfast alone.
>One of the guard towers of the wall make a perfect hiding space. By now, you could get their blindly.
>And being the mare she is, Chase already prepared a small blanket to sit on and some bread and water for the both of you.
>Sitting down with a smile, you immediately pick up a slice and push it into your mouth.
>The bat sits down next to you, leaning on to your side.
>It's quite certainly impressive how much you have grown in this time. Going from being half the size of Chase to almost being as big as her.
>"So, how's it hanging here?", Chase asks as she takes a bite from her own slice of bread.
"Well, you know, same old. Brutus is still being annoying any chance he can get, but at least the others don't seem to hide in fear from him anymore!"
>You take a swig from the water and clear your throat. "Sorbet actually ended up pulling ahead in the last few tests we had! She's a real genius!"
"She also got interested in making maps of basically anything. Right now she is trying to map out all of the castle."
>Chase raises an eyebrow. "Really? Quite the impressive endeavour, I doubt anyone has done that yet. But you know what I was talking about. How's your training?"
>You swallow. What made her so eager to know about your current fighting? That's not like her, you think to yourself.

[1/3]
>>
"Well... I'd say I am pretty good at using weapons!", you admit while nervously scratching your chin.
"And well, Victor also ended up giving me a few private lessons in CQC. I think that helps as well."
>She smiles as you talk about how good you've become.
"What I still don't understand... Chase, how do you manage to just disappear and and reappear somewhere else? I mean, you as in the Nightkin."
>"Oh, so you want to hear about the deepest, darkest secrets the protectors of the moon have to offer?", she jokes, giving you a playful punch on the shoulder.
"Yes! Please teach me!", you eagerly reply, jumping up in excitement and bouncing up and down in front of her.
>She puts a hoof on your shoulder to calm you down. "I'd wish it was that simple, Silver", she sighs. "Not all ponies are ready to take on this responsibility, you are going to have to make a decision when you're older."
>You really aren't sure what she meant by that, but you guess you gotta trust her judgment. For now at least.
>Continuing to eat in silence for a while, a question pops into your head that you just can't push out anymore.
"Chase, do you think I'm ready?", you meekly ask between bites.
>She cocks her head. "Ready? For what, honey?", she replies, curious as to what you are going to say.
>You take a deep breath. "The other two trials. Do you think I am ready to take them on?"
>The night guard chokes on her food for a moment before staring at you in disbelief. "Y-you want to take on the trials again? A-are you sure abo-"

[2/3]
>>
>Her face turns into one of confidence. "You know, if you believe you are ready for it, then I believe in you to be able to complete them. But don't be rash, if you doubt yourself."
>Her answer makes you feel warm inside. She believes in you? That is probably one of the best things you have been told in a while!
>But what did she mean in doubting yourself? Do you feel ready for the trials yourself?
>"Did you already decide on what kind of weapon to wield? You know, the lunar ceremony is very soon and Lady Luna expects everyone of her pupils to make a decision."
>Huh, you completely forgot. You were supposed to think of "a weapon that resonates with who you truly are inside", is what your history teacher Ancient Artifacts said.
>While thinking, you barely catch Chase holding one of her sides and grimacing in pain.
>Should you ask her about her wounds? Or try to help her? Maybe you could try to get her to think of something else, are there any questions that you want answered?
>And maybe you should think about the weapon or your readiness for the trials too, there is really a lot on your mind right now...

[3/3]

I swear to god, writing this much for one post is a terrible habit I am so sorry
>>
Well, guess I'll end here for now. I made a lot of terrible mistakes today, but I hope you can look past those and we can enjoy our favorite moon filly in all her glory again
Love you guys and thanks for playing <3

Not gonna lie, I felt like I completely messed up this entire part of the timeskip, especially doing it in the first place.
I really hope you can forgive my nervousness and I am pretty sure my writing suffered a lot from it, but I might just need to get back into questing.
Writing that last part actually ended up being rather fun after all.

Hi iFag, I heard you read my quest too?
>>
>>29663139
Lets think in more detail about the weapons we've been trained in. Kinda hard to choose something when you don't have the options.
>>
>>29663229
I guess any medieval weapon works in this case. Unfortunately, I have no god damn clue about old weapons so someone else please come up with something
>>
>>29663229
Zweihander or bust. We must become GIANT

Seriously though, either a Zwei or a halberd. Halberds are the moon in weapon form after all. Or is that the shotel? Either way, My vote is for zweihander, shotel, or halberd.
>>
>>29663779
What about a badass scythe?
>>
>>29663779
I'm more into swords. Some of them can be heavily stylized without losing functionality. Lets not forget that primary weapon choice heavily effects combat style and the kind of environment we can preform well in.
>>
>>29663229
Perhaps we can use mace.
Since we are unicorn, reach is not really a problem, and if we still opposed to killing then blunt weapon is our choice. Not to mention that mace is good against armored targets.
>>
>>29664581
Swords also have non-lethal options. The pommel and the blunt side of single bladed ones.
>>
>>29664469
I agree with swords.
>>
>>29665921
>>
>>29666642
>>
>>29663779
>>29664469
>>29664581
>>29664808
>>29664877
>You swallow a bite of bread as you mull over the choice of a weapon.
>As a future night guard they started to thoroughly train you in most types of weapons, but over time you found two that seemed to fit to you.
>One of them was a halberd, good range and you had surprisingly good control over it... using your magic as support that is
>You remember when you tried to use it without your horn to hold it steady while charging, for a moment you could have thought you were a pegasus the way you flew.
>The other one was, even if it might be a little cliche, a sword. Slicing and dicing really worked out for you quite well in training.
>It brings you back when your dad would take you to the forest near hoofington and you played pretend with a bunch of sticks.
>He always told you that you were a natural and how it must have come from his father's side who used to be a guard himself.
"I think I know what weapon I'll be choosing, Chase", you answer as you finish your food and drink the last of your water.
>She leans onto you and closes her eyes for a little, humming a lullaby that you have become quite familiar with.
>You know that you won't have long anymore before training starts, is there something you'd like to talk about with your mentor?
>Maybe some questions that you'd like answered? Or maybe you'd just like to enjoy her humming for a while longer.
>There could be something entirely different on your mind as well, so what will you do?
>>
>>29667727
Ask him if he thinks that things will ever change. Two years and everything feels the same, you're just a bit older. It's not a bad thing, but you're getting tired of the harassment.
When will you're training pay off?
You only want to serve your mistress, so when do you get to do it?
>>
>>29667727
I'd like to ask if she's okay, after listening to her humming a bit. We did notice her grimace after all.

>>29667764
Her. Also, if her injuries are anything to go by, things are going to change quite a bit after training ends.
>>
>>29667811
>Said him instead of her.
I'm so goddamn tired.

Also seconding asking if shes okay
>>
>>29667764
>>29667811
>>29667845
>For now, the calming tunes of your friend is all you need.
>The soft and steady rhythm of her rising and falling chest makes you feel relaxed.
>You definitely have a hard time putting into words how much you missed being together with her.
>She reminds you a lot of the princess of the night, with her calm, caring and gentle nature on one hoof and the serious warrior on the other.
>There is a point where you have to break the silence with a question that bothered you for a while now though: "Chase, are things going to change?"
>She opens her eyes and looks up to you from her leaning position before giving you a "huh?" as reply.
"It's been two years since my training started. But so little has changed it feels like. I might have gotten older, not that this is a bad thing"
>You put a hoof to your chin and think how to continue.
"But I still get bullied! And I didn't even complete the trials yet! When will the time that passed pay off?!", you exclaim
>Chase's lips curl into a simple smile. "But it already has, don't you think? You have gotten stronger. Wiser. You'll only grow more. And believe me when I say you will need it in the future."
>One of the bat's hooves slowly raises and then makes its way straight to your nose. "Boop!"
>You both giggle at her antics but then she grimaces again and holds her side.

[1/2]
>>
>"F-fuck", she curses under her breath.
>Concerned, you put her into an upright position until her muscles relax again.
"C-chase? Are you alright?", you ask, quickly inspecting the rest of her for more serious wounds.
>She chuckles. "Y-yeah, I'll be fine, just a little bit of rest, you know?"
>You raise an eyebrow. "Tell me what happened while you were on rotation, please...", you beg.
"Solar guards", is the only thing she replies with a growl. "One in particular, a gray pegasus with a golden mane."
>A little bit of blood drips out of her mouth.
>"I have never before seen any pony this fast. My squad was lucky to get away, but it seemed like he was just toying with us. Don't worry, most of this is just superficial."
>Pointing at the little cuts all over here body she tries to give you a reassuring smile
>Is there anything else you feel like talking about?

[2/2]
I am so sorry for taking so long to write but I could barely make out anything on my blurry as fuck screen the past hour
>>
>>29668255
Blood dripping from her mouth is NOT superficial. Insist that she gets a checkup before that rest.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-a-blurry-computer-screen
>>
>>29668255
No, no, you need to see the medic.
>>
>>29668255

This
>>29668340
>>
>>29668255
>>29668340
>>
>>29668340
>>29668349
>>29668352
>>29668364
"Oh by Luna's grace", you exclaim in panic.
>Although you weren't exactly an expert in the topic of medicine but blood dripping from your mouth? Doesn't exactly look superficial.
>As you stand up she just falls onto the floor, trying to get back up on her own but visibly struggling.
>Giving her a hoof, you help her up and get her to lean onto you so the two of you can walk.
>Her breathing has become a lot heavier already and the wounds on her body seem to have opened up, seeping small amounts of blood.
>Something about all of this just doesn't seem right at all to you, although you barely have time to think about it.
>The way to the medical wing of the castle isn't exactly long but you can see Chase's condition worsening by the minute.
>You almost kick open the door to the infirmary in panic, unicorn and earth pony servants looking at you in shock.
"H-help her", you beg as you slowly slide Chase onto one of the various empty beds.
>Immediately one of the unicorns comes up to her, his horn glowing golden. The wounds on her body seem to close and he looks satisfied.
>Until seconds later, all of them reopen exactly the way they were before the magical cure was applied.

[1/2]
>>
>The unicorn looks at the happenings in front of his eyes in awe. "By the nightmare's words", he says under his breath.
>A bunch of ponies in the room that were able to hear it cringe and one of them hushes the healer, slowly shaking her head with a disappointed scowl and a lip zipping motion.
>The stallion turns to one of his nurses. "Bandages, as many as you can get. Clean water too, hush hush!", he orders as ponies scramble through the room.
>You just stand their, dumbfound as you watch Chase breathing heavily in front of you. Putting a hoof to her head to brush her makes you jump.
>It feels like she is burning up inside!
>The stallion turns to you. "I really don't know what's wrong with her. Is there anything you could tell me?"
>That is a good question. Is there anything you know? Or do you have another idea on how to help?
>Maybe you'd be able to ask someone else for a cure or find it yourself?
>Or you could also let the doctor handle it.

[2/2]
>>
I apologize for this shitshow of a session. Day hasn't been exactly the best.

>>29668340
It wasn't my screen that was blurry, anon. Tears are hard to look through.
>>
>>29669071
She did tell us about a solar guard that attacked her. He didn't seem to be fighting seriously, but if he was using something that would prevent healing or make injuries worse over time.
>>
>>29669071
The wounds are clearly magical in nature, and were dealt by a Solar Guard's weapon.
Something about it clearly seems to be poisoning her. Fever, difficulty breathing.

Do you know anything about what Solarians do to their weapons?
>>
>>29670339
>>
>>29671124
>>
>>29671807
>>
>>29672662
>>
>>29669142
>>29669153
>Something about what's wrong? Darn, this is tough
>Wait, she did just come back from rotation, more importantly the fight with one of these Solar guards
>Whatever is affecting her must be magical in nature. A kind of curse?
>Or maybe it's poison, fever and difficulty to breath are strong hints for that too
"Well, there was one of the solar guards she fought before coming back..."
>The doctor raises an eyebrow. "Solar guard you say? You believe this is magical in origin?"
>Eagerly nodding you confirm with a "mmhmm", hoping that this might give him a way to help your friend
>He shakes his head. "Magic damage was never my strong suit, unfortunately. For now I don't know of a way to help her..."
>You go entirely pale at him admitting defeat already. Stammering, you take a few steps back.
"P-please, you h-have to help her", you begin to sob, the prospect of the cold claws of death reaching for the bat frightening you deeply.
"S-something. Anything", you blurt out.
>But he just shakes his head. "Not without more information on her illness"
>Information he says? Maybe you could find out something.
>The library might possibly be a good starting point. Or maybe a pony around here that knows about curses or magic weapons?
>Maybe you should check into magic artifacts as well?
>Time is short, what will you do?
>>
>>29674109
What a shit doctor.

Guess we should rush to the library, look up curses and magic weapons.
>>
>>29674109
>history teacher Ancient Artifacts
I wonder if he might know something.
>>
>>29674145
>>29674468
>Without losing much time, you turn around and hastily run past the ponies in the infirmary
>Before rounding the corner you can see Chase weakly raise her head and try to stretch out a hoof after you
>Her pleading face feels like a hundred knives have been stabbed right through your heart
>But you know, you are doing this for her. You have to save her! This thought is the only thing that stays in your head as you run past many ponies in the hallways
>As you round a corner, you slam face first into dark blue chest fluff, but with a quick apology you dash away, not giving a second glance to the pony you ran into
>The library doors burst open and you run inside immediately going for the section on curses and magic
>Book after book fly out of the shelves as you skim through, hoping to find that magical cure to save your friend
>A cough makes your head snap to the side, Ancient Artifact correcting his glasses while looking at you sternly
>But moments after, his facial features soften and he gives you a smile. "My, my, Silver Smith, are you studying again? But we don't even have a test coming up, ho ho ho!"
>Even though your history teacher usually tends to make you smile with his hollering laughter, this time you can't help yourself but look at him with a blank stare
>He realizes that you are in distress and sits down, placing a hoof on your shoulder.
>"Ssshh, it's alright, Silver. What has got you so worked up?", he gently asks

Dins are a pain
>>
>>29674685
Tell him about what's happening with Chase and our suspicion that it 's some kind of magic.
>>
>>29674710
This
>>
>>29674710
>>29674834
"It's Chase, she's... well, she is very sick, you see", you swallow a lump in your throat
>By now, tears started dripping down your face and you have to use your hoof repeatedly to wipe them away
>"Sick? Oh my, this does not sound favorable. And you have come here to seek a cure?", he replies understandingly
>You just nod while burying your head in his chest.
>Gently he pats your back and takes one of the books that is lying next to you
>While still holding you, he begins reading but soon puts the book back down
>"You know, it might help us if you told me exactly what's wrong with her, or how she got this way in the first place."
>Choking on your tears, you try to grasp the slim chance of getting Chase help
>You tell Artifact about the fast pegasus and how he seemed to have toyed with the squad
>How the two of you were eating breakfast until she started hurting and spitting out blood
>And how the doctor attempted to close the wounds, just for them to open back up
>"Hmmmm, I am unsure of what the exact origin may be, but I think I know a cure....", he trails off and furrows his eyebrow
>A glint of hope in you sparks into a flame and you immediately look up, eager to receive the answer
"A way to help her? Oh please, PLEASE tell me! Please I need to know, quickly!", you start to shake your teacher rather roughly before he stops you
>He then casts his eyes to the floor. "There is only two problems, dear Silver."
>You cock your head. "What problem?", you ask confused
>"Magic like this can not be disbanded. The only thing it CAN do, is change vessels. Which leads us to problem 2: Only a strong magic user will be able to transfer magic from one host to another"
>A host for the harmful magic? A strong magic user?
>What will you do?
>>
>>29675097
Which ponies can do it? Point me to them, please.

And there's no reason the host has to be a pony. Could it be an animal, or maybe a gemstone that could hold the spell?
>>
>>29675097
Could we transfer it to a healthier pony so they can give it to a prisoner later?
>>
>>29675131
>>29675141
"Who can do it", you firmly reply as the chance to help increases steadily
>But Artifact just sighs and shakes his head. "The only powerful enough ponies are either of the ruling sisters."
>"And even if you could convince them, that still would not fix the first problem. Where do you find a suitable host?"
>For a moment you have to mull over that answer. "Could we not simply put the magic into a gem or on an animal?"
>Once again, the old stallion in front of you shakes his head slowly. "The magic is made to be attached to a pony. An object won't work."
"H-how about a healthy pony? Or a prisoner?", you plead to the pony
>"Certainly, this could work. But do you think a pony would willingly accept an unknown curse?", he raises an eyebrow
>"Not even prisoners would take this burden. Consent is a big part in magical transfer, my dear"
>You swallow. Part of transferring magic is consenting to it?
>How will you ever find a pony willing to do that? And could you even get someone to cast it?
>You know you don't have much time, so what do you do?
>>
>>29675882
Well, finding a suitable vessel is kinda pointless if we can't even transfer it. So our first step should be contacting Luna. Maybe she'd have an idea about how we can handle the other part of the problem.
>>
>>29675921
this
>>
Fuck, I am terribly sorry but I won't get another post out tonight. I hope you guys can forgive me. Thanks for playing, and <3 you all.
>>
Oh, and if you got any questions, hit me up. Lore or world or anything really
>>
>>29676220
>>29676259

What's up with this not quite civil war going on?
>>
>>29676259
Which princess has the softest mane?
>>
>>29676267
It isn't really a war, but there are high tensions. See the map, basically Equestria is officially still a single nation, but inofficially it is divided into two ruling parts. The west side is controlled by Luna, the east side by Celestia. The borders aren't exactly quiet.

>>29676307
Anon, you know there is only a single answer to this question.
>>
File: Unbenannt-1.png (2MB, 1400x860px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt-1.png
2MB, 1400x860px
>>29676343
I forgot to post the map, GG fucking me
>>
>>29676343
You're right, the answer is obvious. And we'll have to take comfort in the fact that there are more important things than serving the princess with the softest mane.
>>
>>29675882
Go find some prisoner who's gonna be put to death and have them consent to that nonsense. By force if necessary. Surely one of Luna's generals is worth more than that if a pony awaiting their death.
>>
>>29677342
>>
>>29678072
>>
>>29678829
>>
>>29680058
>>
>>29675921
>>29675936
>Well, even if you had a pony to transfer to, that would be kind of pointless without anyone to even cast the spell
>The older stallion, still reading books in silence said you needed a princess to transfer magic?
"Thank you, Sir Artifact, you have been a true help!", is all you can say as you dash back out of the library
>Running down the hallways you pass students, teachers and night guards alike, but no dark blue alicorn princess in sight
>Darn, where could this wonderful creature of grace be? Her tower? The guardens? Is she even here?
>A door in front of you opens and out steps styx, glaring at you as soon as you come into his view
>He steps in front of you and you barely have time to break but come to a standstill in front of him.
>"Bed Wet, running in the hallways is forbidden. What do I have to do with such a disobedient filly such as yourself? I should get you dispelled immediately", he threatens
>What will you do?
>>
>>29681131
I need to speak to Her Grace, where is she?
>>
>>29681138
It's an emergency.
>>
>>29681131
Do the obvious thing and ask him where her majesty is, so that we may speak with her.
If he has nothing to offer, than simply run past him. Regardless of his rank, if he has no help to offer then we have no time to waste.
>>
>>29681138
>>29681155
>>29681173
"G-general Styx, I am sorry but this is an emergency. It is of utmost importance that I see our Grace as soon as possible!"
>The bat's face turns from stern to slightly confused. "An emergency? What could be so important that you think Lady Luna has time for a runt like you?"
>You lower your head. "It's Chase, she's... well, she's very sick. And I believe only the princess is able to help her.", you state matter of fact-ly
>As the confusion leaves Styx face, all that remains is a wicked grin. "Chase is sick you say? Well, I do not believe this is a important enough to distu-"
>And this is why you could never stand this asshole, ready to take any opportunity that presents itself to get rid of Chase
>Not even listening to more of his shit you just run past him, off through the hallways
>He stays behind dumbfound for a moment before shouting "THIS IS GONNA HAVE CONSEQUENCES!" after you. Fortunately, he does not try to catch you.
>As luck would have it, you see an ethereal, blue tail disappear into a massive door made out of what seems like dark wood with stars made from lighter colored wood
>Unable to contain yourself, you open the door and rush in after her.
>Inside is a sight to behold: A massive bathtub slowly filling up made out of marble in a room out of dark obsidian and gemstones that act as stars in a dark night sky
>And all around are candles set up that give the room a wonderfully warm glow
>The purple, almost black coat of your Grace captures your view, the perfect, graceful curves of her body enchanting you
>Her mane gently flows in the non-existent wind, looking like the most wonderful night sky
>The princess was just about to enter the bathtub but slowly turns around at the commotion, glaring at the intruder
>"WHO DARES TO DISTURB US IN A MOMENT OF PEACE?! WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT TO WARRANT THIS BEHAVIOR THAT COULD GET A PONY KILLED WITHOUT REMORSE?"
>>
>>29681450
Avert your gaze in respect to her majesty and tell her about Chase.
>>
>>29681450
Your Grace, Chase is deathly ill after a fight with a Solarian, and according to Sir Artifact, you are the only one who can move the curse.
>>
>>29681450
Why did we tell him it was about Chase? He has every reason to fuck us over with that knowledge. Apologize for our actions and explain that Chase's condition necessitates quick action.
>>
>>29681485
Agreed. That was dumb and I'm blaming the QM if we get fucked over for that.
>>
>>29681497
its wovlan the fuck you expecting
>>
>>29681464
>>29681479
>>29681485
>>29681497
>As you realize what you have just interrupted, you quickly avert your gaze and bow to the floor
>With the utmost respect you can muster, you answer the princess: "I am so very sorry for interrupting but I have come to seek aid."
>Your majesty is now standing directly in front of you, her shadow looming over you
>It makes you feel insignificant and the feeling of being in the presence of such a goddess is just not possible to describe
>A mix of fear, honor and respect would sound appropriate to you. Yet still, something just does not stop to draw you closer to her ensnaring aura
>You shake your head in hope to clear your thoughts but as soon as you start your voice is shaking
"Y-your majesty, Chase is v-very sick. And I am of the believe t-that only you will be able to save her life."
>Scared you look up and are met with the cold stare from the moon goddess' cat-like eyes
>She seems to be waiting for you to further explain, so with a gulp you do just that
"After a fight with a Solarian, Chase has come back with wounds all over her body. They tried to heal her but the wounds just reopened, presumably some kind of curse."
>The mare's eyes grow angry at the mention of the solar guard. "You are telling us one of our most elite fighters has been overwhelmed by a mere solarian guard?"
>You can feel burning rage in her voice. "Such failure must be punished harshly"
>N-no, this is not at all what you wanted? How do you reply?
>>
S-surely you mean that the solar guard must be punished, yes?

Fuck, I don't see a way to get her out of this
>>
>>29681796
No, Your Majesty, please. A curse has been placed on Chase, which may be lethal.
I was told that you are the only pony who has the power to transfer this curse, which leads me to believe that the weapons of Solarians carry Celestia's magic. Please, your majesty, I need your help to find a suitable vessel for this curse.
>>
>>29681841
>>29681843
"Your highness, you seem to be misunderstanding. Whatever this guard was, he clearly was not a mere solar guard"
>She raises an eyebrow but gestures with her hoof for you to continue
"The fact that she has been cursed makes me believe that whatever weapons the guard was carrying are celestial magic in nature"
"Furthermore, the guard that attacked Chase's Squad was supposedly faster than anypony Chase has ever seen. This does not sound like a mere pony to me, would you not agree?"
>Her brow furrows and she lets out a quiet hmmm as she thinks. "A very fast guard? I see... this may be anything but good news..."
>She turns around and walks back to the bathtub, looking inside of the water. While doing so she is whispering to herself, but the only thing you can make out is the word "Elements"
>Is Celestia able to control the natural elements? Are these the powers of a celestial weapon?
>You shudder at the thought of the celestial army able to use magical weapons. This is something unheard of to this point
>"Very well", a gentle and motherly tone to her voice becomes apparent, "you shall bring us to Lieutenant Chaser at once.
>"You have said something about a curse? Is there already a bearer for this curse available? There is no time to waste."
>>
>>29682131
No, Your Grace, I came to you first. Do you know of anypony who will bear the curse? Perhaps any castle staff?
>>
>>29682156
"Unfortunately not, my grace. You were the first one I contacted in hope of your assistance to find a pony that acts as a vessel."
>The princess of the night hurries along the hallways, you close in tow.
>You are unable to see her face, but you can feel the frown that shows up.
>"There is very little time", she starts out explaining, "you would have to convince a pony to take the burden of an unknown curse."
>That is true. Ancient Artifact said you could not simply dispel the magic, at least not quick enough to save Chase's life
>"We may be able to stall just a little time for you, but there needs to be a pony found quickly."
>By now you are able to see the door to the infirmary coming up down the long hall
>Attempting to come up with a suitable pony at the top of your head, a few options come to you
>There's always going to be sorbet you could ask. But how would you even convince her?
>Maybe you could trick Brutus in agreeing to this. Would serve him right.
>Or you could try and ask Starry Nights, Chase's friend that trained with you before?
>Is there anyone you are forgetting?
>If all fails, there is also the option to accept the magical transfer yourself.
>>
>>29682588
Why can't we get a castle staff member to do it?
Surely if the indoctrination is strong enough, one of those would jump at the chance to give their life for one of the lunar elite.
>>
Ending here for the night.
Got a stern talking from the club so I decided to tone down the difficulty JUST a notch.

Questions, Feedback and shit welcome. Love and appreciate all of you <3
>>
>>29682588
I'd like to know about this curse before we decide on somebody. If it's guaranteed to kill whoever it's given to, it limits our options quite a bit.
>>
>>29661565
What's the deal with the 1176 color scheme?
>>
>>29685387
>>
>>29686261
>>
>>29686712
>>
>>29682597
>>29682700
"Is there a possibility to ask one the castle staff to take the curse?", you ask as you enter the infirmary
>All ponies present immediately turn to you or rather the princess and bow down the floor silently
>Chase doesn't seem to be conscious anymore but at least you can still faintly see her chest rise and lower and legs twitch from time to time
"O-or at least is there a way to determine the exact effects of the curse before transferring it?"
>You make your way straight to Chase, putting a head to her neck and nuzzling into it. "C-chase I f-found help", you whisper into her ear
>She probably can't hear you but a leg seems to twitch in response. At least a little bit of hope remains in the endless sea of despair you feel yourself in
"P-please, princess...", you beg as you turn around and give the best puppy dog eyes you can muster
>She just nods slightly in acknowledgment and lowers her head to Chase's, the horn touching the bat's forehead
>Moments of silence. Time slows to a crawl as the princess horn glows, the same glow beginning to cover your friend
>Every muscle tenses up in you as you see Chase cramp and some blood dripping out of her mouth again
>Moments later, the glow dissipates around your mentors form but a bright blue ball of light floats directly in front of your majesty's horn
>"The curse needs a host soon, we are not sure how long we can hold on to it.", she announces. "Its purpose seems to be to lock the body in its current health state"
>You aren't quite sure what this means but you know one thing. It is now your chance to decide on where to put this magic
>Do you want to look for a castle staff member? Maybe one of the doctors or nurses here?
>One of your guard friends? Take it on yourself?
>Or should the princess return it to Chase... at least for the time being.
>>
>>29687637
>locks the body in its current health state
>being perfectly healthy

Can we keep it? Please? Pretty please?
>>
>>29687637
Is it possible to transfer it to somebody else at a later date, or is it a one time deal? I'm also leaning towards us.
>>
>>29687637
Of course we'll take it, then.
>>
>>29687637
I really hope it won't lock us in our current age.

I'll take it on, princess.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12548508/
please vote faggets
>>
>>29687679
>not wanting to be an unaging guardsfilly with amazing regenerative powers

Are you serious?
>>
>>29687655
>>29687668
>>29687671
>>29687679
>>29687685
>Looking you in your current health state? Could this...
"Princess, I will take the curse on me", you boldly state, the entire room staring at you
>"Be prepared, this will probably hurt a lot", your highness warns you, but you don't have time to brace yourself
>The magical orb darts right at you and collides with your horn, the feeling of bolts of pure lightning striking you
>Then a terrible heat from inside, almost as you are about to burn up or explode
>You fall to the floor, every muscle in your body contracting and you are just helplessly there, hoping for it all to be over soon
>You feel this might have been a terrible idea. Even back when you were training with three broken ribs, that didn't even come close
>And then, the world around you is slowly fading to black, out of the edge of your view you can see doctors and nurses gather around you
>But then.... silence
>...
>You aren't quite sure where you are, but everything around you is dark
>There is not a single sound to be heard but your breathing and heartbeat
>The floor below you feels solid enough so you take step forward
>It takes all the willpower your have as your limbs seem to actively try to refuse whatever commands you give them
>But you manage to do it. A single step, but it is something you are proud of already
>Looking around the inky darkness, you think you are able to see a small speck of light in the distance
>From behind you, a draft of wind reaches you
>What do you do?
>>
>>29688160
Call out
>>
>>29688160
Run from the light into the blissful darkness, calling for your liege. We know too well that light is assotiated with day and sun, and thus it is bad for us.
>>
>>29688224
Good thinking, Anon
>>
>>29688224
Darkness is our friend indeed.
>>
>>29688224
>>29688214
>>29688234
>>29688294
>Light. This forsaken light. As much as it calls to you, you know it poisons your soul with the burning sunlight
>The mere idea of following the path of the sun makes you want to empty your guts right on this spot
>Instead of taking the path straight to the light, you turn around and head off into the endless darkness
>You take a few glances back each step, seeing the light grow more dim by the second
>And then, just like that, it's gone. And with the light, you feel a comfortable wave of cool air wash over you
>In front of you, about 200m, a pair of slit eyes opens up, staring straight at you
>The darkness unfortunately does not help you make out the owner of said pair of eyes
>You stop your walk and try to make out more details
>What you can see is a gray hoof slowly rising from the ground and being held out to you
>Under the pair of eyes a smile forms.
>You think you must be imagining it, but it seemed to turn even more quiet than it was before
>What do you do?
>>
>>29688588
Be suspicious. Can it communicate? Can we communicate?
>>
>>29688588
Who are you?
>>
>>29688641
>>29688759
"W-who are you?", you ask out, immediately holding a hoof to your face as you realize how distorted your voice actually is
>It sounds like you have been swallowing rusty nails, scratchy but also slightly robotic in nature
>You feel rather confused, frightened, but also rather curious about the figure in this infinite void
>A few seconds after your question stopped echoing through this place, the smile of the other pony widens just barely
>"Wouldn't you like to find out?", the creature on the other side replies, her voice sending shivers down your spine
>The voice sounds extremely familiar but you just can't put a hoof to it
>Her hoof makes a gesture and ask for you to come closer. "What got you so uncomfortable? Isn't this what you want?"
>What do you do?
>>
Alright, ending here for now, gotta git read to stream ded spes with, well, spes. I'll need to see about how active I will be today and tomorrow, I won't promise too much. Keep bumped or drop it, I'll leave this up to you.

Also, feedback so far? Or any questions you like answered? Could do a bit of a character? Q&A over the weekend if you guys want.
>>
>>29688964
The dark is comforting; the unknown is not. I don't know what "this" is.
>>
>>29688986
This. We love Luna's night. We have more cause to fear the light than the dark.
>>
>>29661565
>>
>>29690698
>>
>>29690888
>>
>>29693135
>>
>>29693693
>>
>>29689503
>>29688986
"The dark is comforting", you start out as you take a confident step forward
>The inky blankness seems like it gives you strength, "I love Luna's night and have no reason to be scared"
>"But much like the unknown, Celestia's light....", you have to take a deep breath before you can take another step.
"Should be feared. It burns your skin and blinds your eyes."
>The eyes across of you close and you see the smile nod knowingly. "Wise words from a filly such as yourself"
"That said, 'this'? I do not know what 'this' actually is", you state blankly
>A frown appears in the distance. "Still haven't figured it out? This has been what you always dreamed off. The one chance."
>Once again, the gray hoof stretches out to you, gesturing to come closer once again
>As you have taken a few steps closer, you actually feel quite a powerful aura coming from the other pony
>A magic that feels like it would be able to knock you off your hooves very quickly
>What will you do?
>>
>>29694811
Let's take our chance.
>>
>>29694811
Despite her sudden appearance, we haven't felt anything bad from her. Lets take her hoof.
>>
>>29694824
>>29694901
>Despite the sudden appearance, she didn't display any ill intent towards you
>The one chance? Is she offering you... power?
>You close your eyes, slowing down your nervous breathing and feel the cold air on your fur
>It could be your imagination but as you open your eyes back up it seems like the darkness shifted, showing a straight path forward
>And with renewed resolve, you boldly step forwards and each meter you take, the powerful aura becomes stronger
>About one third in it feels like electricity running through your entire body and your fur stands straight
>But the feeling is amazing, you feel empowered and invigorated
>And soon, you stand in front of the pony. The pony that you recognize as yourself but... different
>You being so close you can finally make out details. The mare in front of you holding out a hoof is clearly you, but also not
>Her ears end up in a pair of fuzzy tufts, her blue eyes remind you of a cat and her face clearly bares pointed fangs
>While you came closer, you also noticed that her confident grin shares a hint of something else... smugness? Malice? You have a hard time telling.
>Carefully raising your hoof preparing to take hers
>But are you really ready? Is there something you want to do or ask before doing this? Should you go through with it at all?
>>
>>29695960
What would this choice mean for us, giving up our horn for a pair of wings? Can you tell me?
>>
>>29695960
Power is useful, but only when it's for greater goals.
>>
>>29696009
What goal could be greater than serve your liege faithfully to the very limit of your abilities?

>>29695960
With all the indoctrination we were supposed to get during the timeskip the choise is obvious. We should agree.
>>
>>29696113
I meant a goal greater than the power itself. Power should only ever be a tool.
>>
>>29696113
>What goal could be greater than serve your liege faithfully to the very limit of your abilities?
Waifuing Luna. That is still our endgame, right?
>>
Yeah, sorry about that but I don't think I can manage another post today. Sorry again b ut I still hope you enjoyed it!
>>
>>29696347
I did. Praise woon.
>>
>>29696402
Ditto
>>
>>29697670
same
>>
>>29698444
tbqhfam
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.