[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post your ideas for an MLP spin-off show. >Post-S4 finale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: yum__by_ta_na-d8o3br2.jpg (117KB, 1007x794px) Image search: [Google]
yum__by_ta_na-d8o3br2.jpg
117KB, 1007x794px
ITT: Post your ideas for an MLP spin-off show.

>Post-S4 finale
>Princess Celestia and Discord agree that the Tirek incident was a major fuck up, and Discord finally concedes that he needs to start using his magic for the good of Equestria as recompense for his actions, instead of just for cheap tricks and his own personal benefit
>this involves Celestia assigning him to all kinds of problems around Equestria that "friendship" couldn't immediately solve, enabling Discord to stay in his element by directing his chaos in all the right places, to keep seemingly low-level antagonists from developing into serious threats (sometimes, this'll involve Discord trying to disrupt a socially influential antagonist with shady motives without disturbing the peace, or it'll involve Discord personally challenging the character flaws driving their motivations, in the same style Q philosophically challenges human fallibility in Star Trek)
>the series would focus on the adventure/fantasy elements of Equestria, and places emphasis on giving Princess Celestia more screen-time (and not to mention, an actual characterization/things to do), and would build off of the redemption arcs of both Discord, and other reformed antagonists (like Princess Luna and Trixie) - without glossing over the more complicated issues the show doesn't acknowledge; like their initial justifications for villainy, or having to overcome their pride to continue their personal growth
>>
>>29655352
Anything that involves ponies instead of highschoolers
>>
>>29655420
As long as they put Sunset in something else. She was always too good for that series.
>too much dimensional leakage is causing a universal collapse
>everything from equestria has to go back to prevent it, including sunset
>whole story is one big metaphor for friends having to go their separate ways after high school but always being friends even if they never see each other again
>sunset jumps through the portal at the last second as everything is collapsing
>ends up in a strange place
>meets starswirl
>says he needs her help to fix problems throughout space and time
>go on adventures together—mr peabody and sherman style
>>
File: grim.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
grim.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>>29655878
That sounds a lot like Dr. Who, but with "I ain't got to explain shit" magic and ponies.

But shit, if Moffat isn't the showrunner, it might actually be cool.
>>
>>29656584
Dr. Who isn't the only franchise that has characters explore different time periods and bizarre locations. Hence the Mr. Peabody and Sherman dynamic I listed.
>>
>>29656644
That's true, but the thing about the P&S dynamic is that it relies a lot on explaining history through jokes and exposition. The MLP equivalent to that would have to use massive lore dumps in every episode.
>>
>>29655352
What happens when you team up a regal princess of the day, with a mismatched neurotic princess of the nght?

NON-STOP BUDDY COMEDY HILARITY!
Only on TBS, VERY FUNNY!
>>
File: 1245712357412.png (23KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1245712357412.png
23KB, 128x128px
>>29655352
I just want an animated series involving Nyx.
Doesn't have to be official.
>>
Naturally. I have lots of obvious ones

>SoL of walleyed delivery mare
>Little House On The Prairie deal about the Apple family Settlers
>Actual princess origins

But I have some others I like better
>After a civil war or natural disaster, Zecora's family and friends immigrate to Equestria.
That one will focus on the sentient non-pony species in Equestria and why nobody seems to care about them. Will probably also involve the mules and goats and Iron Will too. Yes this doubles as /pol/bait

I've also wanted to write about the Pinkie Clone we see at the rave and the diner. My idea is after escaping, she went her own way, but when she saw Pinkie again, she became obsessed with her life and her friends, which it would make perfect sense for her to want and she starts following Pinkie around. Not sure how I'd end that one.
>>
>>29655352
I like this idea. If I was good at writing I'll make a green out of it.
>>
>>29655878
>starswirl
dropped
>>
>>29656986
Oh yeah I also want a "Crystal Empire through the Ages" spinoff with even more tragedy. Why can't they rule themselves?
>>
>>29657017
Why? He made the dimensional mirrors and knows how to time travel. He'd be the natural choice to setup the adventures. He doesn't really even have a character yet to like or dislike.
He could also just be the Charlie to Sunset's Angels where he assigns the missions at the beginning and Sunset and some new teammates of hers go on the actual adventure.
>>
File: exile_by_tavogdl-d4mzzfk.jpg (1MB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
exile_by_tavogdl-d4mzzfk.jpg
1MB, 1500x2000px
>>29657024
It would be cool to see more straight-forward history of Equestria/the Crystal Empire. If for no other reason, it'd really heighten the scale of Equestria's epicness if the audience could ever stop to consider the fact that ancient gods and monsters are still active participants in everyday life there, and that generations of ponies have come and gone while characters like Celestia have simply become an unquestioned constants in everypony's lives.

And then you have characters like Nightmare Moon, who ponies have only negligently accurate records of, who had become a tacky holiday character in the eyes of Ponyville the same way St. Nicholas became Santa Claus, or Vlad Tepes was turned into the cape-and-fangs wearing Count Dracula. They must have all kinds of crazy tall tales from the ancient horrors their ancestors had faced.
>>
>>29655352
>Equestria is suddenly swarmed by evil ponies and monsters of all kinds.
>To combat this, Celestia appoints Applejack and Twilight with the task of ridding the lands of this terrible plight.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.