[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blind Bags and Public Shopping Awkwardness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0454.jpg (254KB, 741x748px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0454.jpg
254KB, 741x748px
So /mlp/ I finished season 4. In one night. I'm a newish fan and want some merch. I ordered a vinyl scratch figure online BUT I'm going out to get some blind bags later. How do I overcome the awkwardness of being an 18 year old male buying ponies? Also share your experience the first time you got one.
>>
just b urself ;^)
>>
>>29644816
If you have a friend who also likes ponies go with them. If not, just don't give a fuck, because rarely anyone else does.
>>
>>29644816
I'm 21 and do it all the time. No one really gives a shit. Trust me. So long as you don't drop too much spaghetti people are going to forget about it as soon as you leave
>>
>>29644816
people mostly think you're buying it as a gift for some younger sibling or some such.
>>
>>29644889
Good advice usually, but I imagine it doesn't work so well when they see you standing there looking through every blindbag in the box for the one with the right code.
>>
>>29644926
That's the shitty thing, I have a code reader and I want 1 specific pony and I plan to use that reader. I'm at the store now. Wish me luck.
>>
Walmart doesn't even have them anymore apparently. This sucks.
>>
>>29644963
Walmart self checkout. Or you could always look for a birthday card too. Nobody cares though anon.
>>
File: 1447598554666.jpg (38KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1447598554666.jpg
38KB, 387x461px
>>29644816
>It's another "I'm a retarded insecure american, please tell me how I can buy stuff at a store without the entire globe laughing at me" thread
>>
>>29644816
Are you or are you not a goddamned man? Men buy what the fuck they want when the fuck they want it. I've walked out of stores with HUNDREDS of dollars worth of pony merch. Will the cashier say something witty? Probably. You can choose to be a fucking spergelord about it or you can hide your power level. "This one was in the cartoon? No idea, I've never seen it. I couldn't tell you who is who." Boom. Done.
>>
>>29645274
I did just that. I bought 2 bags.
>>
I actually have a neice into MLP, so I've bought stuff for myself and her, so it's pretty casual. When shopping for myself, I just keep the attitude I have when shopping for her in mind. And if I'm digging through blind bags, sometimes I'm digging for ponies she likes. You're only problem is feeling like it's something to be ashamed about in the first place. Just don't scream out, "Ermagehrd, it's my waifu Pinkie Pie, my glue gun's warming up already!" and nobody else will give a fuck.
>>
>>29644816
Dude, it's been six and a half years. The people working at the register were watching this show as kids. Nobody gives a fuck unless you're some acne-ridden greaselord.
>>
>>29644816
>How do I overcome the awkwardness of being an 18 year old male buying ponies?
What? Buy the horses, you faggot. I'm ashamed of you for feeling shame.
>>
>>29644926
I didn't know you could check blind bags by scanning the barcode, if that's what you mean. is there a good way to look up what has what code? because there are blind bags I want want one item of
>>
File: BB8detail_Remmy.png (243KB, 436x284px) Image search: [Google]
BB8detail_Remmy.png
243KB, 436x284px
>>29645592
>scanning the barcode, if that's what you mean
Nope. They have the same barcode, but there's a separate code stamped into the foil at the bottom of the packaging. Google 'mlp blind bag codes', there's a site that has a chart showing which code goes to which pony for each wave of blindbags.
>>
>>29644816
Nobody cares. I've learned not to care. For example. I had a someone buy a Sunset Shimmer EQG doll, and I said "wow, worst girl" offhandedly, and he said that they're for his daughter. It got awkward after that, so I don't make any remarks about the show to any guests anymore, even when I got some autist wearing all pink and a Pinkie Pie shirt.

t. ToysRUs employee
>>
>>29645647
Someone came in wearing a pinkie pie shirt? For real? Holy fuck.
>>
>>29645661
I don't care about the Pinkie shirt, it was more the pink jeans and pink shoes on a clueless looking guy.
>>
>>29645675
Was he spilling spaghetti everywhere?
>>
>>29645647
>I had a someone buy a Sunset Shimmer EQG doll, and I said "wow, worst girl" offhandedly, and he said that they're for his daughter.
It wasn't for his daughter, this fine gentleman just knew how to deal with with a toy chain wageslave with abysmal taste.

Joking aside you should be fired if you actually said that to a customer.
>>
File: IMG_0455.png (186KB, 939x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0455.png
186KB, 939x707px
Kinda curious what others have experienced in real life with autistic bronies. I haven't really seen any outside of comicon one year and they weren't what I would consider autistic.
>>
I remember trying not to spill my spaghetti when going to McDonalds to get the only toys that somewhat resembled the characters on the show. I joined the fandom post season 1 when the world thought bronies were gay autistic pedophiles. Now I go buy MLP merch while wearing MLP shirts. Trust me anon, if you're joining the fandom now, you missed the worst of the judgement people would pass on you for liking this show.
>>
>>29645755
I go to a lot of conventions. Brony cons are quite a bit more autistic than people at comic or anime cons. But they're also a lot nicer in general.
>>
>>29645693
Maybe I should have added that he more than likely watches the show, because after saying it was for his daughter, he said "Sunset Shimmer isn't in the main show, she was only in the Equestria Girls movies, and that makes it harder to find her figure." Other than him knowing too much about the show for someone who "doesn't watch it", I've never seen him bring his daughter in once, and he always buys MLP stuff.

>abysmal taste
Kill yourself.
>>
>>29645693
Why should he be fired?
>>
>>29645823
Doesn't matter how he took it, or if he watches the show, you give a patronizing comment like that to a customer for no reason you're out. That's some intense autism you have there anon.
>>
>>29645866
Maybe offhandedly was the wrong word to describe how I said "wow, worst girl". He smiled back when he said it was for his daughter.
>>
File: 1489052146325.png (150KB, 395x504px) Image search: [Google]
1489052146325.png
150KB, 395x504px
>>29645034
>be american
>entire globe laughing at you already
>>
>>29645830
because you don't say shit like that to the customer, EVER
they can take it as a personal insult and you can be reprimanded for it, including being fired if it's not your first offense
you NEVER express personal opinions at work, even if you were joking about it

he was lucky that the guy didn't make a scene
if that had been a woman, you can bet they would have been demanding to speak to his manager
>>
OP here. If anyone's wondering I got rainbow dash. Ordered a Vinyl Scratch one from eBay though.
>>
I've never encountered any other horsefuckers in the wild, only when going out of my way to a con or meet up. I did drive past a car with a Doctor Whooves sticker on their window once, but that's the extent of it. But then, I don't broadcast any either, aside from using a Chrysalis keychain.
>>
>>29644816
First of, don't stare at them for too long, you'll look like a creep.
Secondary, stay away from EQG in a store. Buying those will make you look weird, get them online.
And third, buy art and posters from artists. They will need your money to ensure more art being put out!

Welcome to our cancer round Nonny, I hope you enjoy your stay until we may part to Equestria.
>>
>>29644816
>Also share your experience the first time you got one.

About three years ago now I got my first piece of MLP merch, I had been watching for quite some time prior and was just really wanting some kind of merch at this point...I thought about it for a while, until I noticed there was a new Happy Meal promotion....so, I decided fuck it, fuck hiding power levels, I am not ashamed to like this shit and to prove it to myself I was going to go full autist

I went to McDonalds by myself, went inside, ordered a Happy Meal to eat inside, girl's toy, and I did just that...I sat in my booth, ate my Happy Meal + McChicken, and I took out my MLP toy , it was liberating

My only regret is that I didn't keep the box, I threw it away in the store
>>
>>29644816
Hey OP I'm an Ex fan and still have good quality merch, I'll throw in an exclusive pinkie pie figure if you give me a price for the stuff I got.
>kik me: Cheese3Cakes
>>
File: tywinning.png (954KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tywinning.png
954KB, 500x750px
>>29644816
>>
File: seite_zpsff1d7530.jpg~original.jpg (48KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
seite_zpsff1d7530.jpg~original.jpg
48KB, 600x334px
Only time I ever got merch in person was these burger king toys toys. It was a time when we didn't have anything but the brushables and like the first wave of blindbags but those were not yet released where I live. So this was legit the best looking merch I could get my hands on, even looking at them now they really look pretty good, kind of like smaller versions of the funko molds.

I really had to psyche myself up in order to be able to buy them. Went to the barber, went to the gym, all for that confidence boost, then went to a Burger King a couple of train stops away, there was no way in hell I'd buy them from my local one where I'm known as a regular. Went to the counter, ordered food, and then the three ponies. Tried to play it off as a a bit of a joke I think. Then scooted out of there and went home with a shiteating grin.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.