[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autistic Detailed Review Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: again.png (697KB, 1482x758px) Image search: [Google]
again.png
697KB, 1482x758px
>The Crystalling:
I didn't like the whole concept of Twilight "teaching" friendship in a lecture-format. Feels unnatural compared to how Celestia had her learn. Baby sucked. Other ponies were alright though. Glimmer herself was not bad. 3/10-5/10(each part respectively)
>The Gift of the Maud Pie:
Pinkie was cute and not annoying, though at this point Maud was starting to wear thing for me. 6/10.
>On Your Marks:
Applebloom was top-tier this episode, though the conflict was sort of contrived. Tender Taps was cool too. 6.5/10.
>Gauntlet of Fire
Great episode. Spike was refreshingly energetic and cool. Ember was great, Torch was badass, and the whole setting and storyline was interesting and entertaining. 9/10.
>No Second Prances
ANOTHER great episode. Suicidal Trixie was edgy but pulled off nicely. I LOVE the friendship between Glimmer and Trixie, easily one of the Season's strongest points. 10/10.
>Newbie Dash
Good episode but kinda boring in the middle. Last third was great though, I like the moral of this one in particular. 7.5/10.
>A Hearth's Warming Tail
Fuck you I loved it. Yes it's not original, but I think it's better to judge a story's execution rather than its originality, especially in a kid's cartoon. All the songs were great and the animation was beautiful, probably the best it's ever been. 9/10.
>The Saddle Row Review
New style of episode was daring, but I think it payed off. Humor could be somewhat lolrandum at times but I actually laughed out loud several times. 8/10.
>Applejack's Day Off
Sorry but I found it kinda boring. The moral was sort of bland and contrived and nothing really happened. Apples was cute though. 5/10.
>Flutter Brutter
Did not like at first viewing, but it's grown on me. Fluttershy is cute and her actions toward Zephyr are, I'm sorry to say NEETs, justified. A very mature moral that most little girls would never have to deal with, this was clearly an episode for older fans. 8/10.
>>
>>29641410
>Spice Up Your Life
Pinkie and Rarity is a treasured and too rare combo so I greatly enjoyed this episode. The song was good, albeit the animation repetitive. 7/10.
>Stranger Than Fan Fiction
Pretty good, the meta-levels of the discussion between Dash and Quibble about the books were VERY cheeky and funny. Quibble was a good new character, and I ship them. 7.5/10.
>The Cart Before the Ponies
Meh. Kinda boring, Apples, Rarity, and Dash were pretty annoying (yes I know that was the point) and the whole plot and resolution was just uninteresting. 4/10.
>28 Pranks Later
Obligatory zombie episode was surprisingly entertaining. Pinkie was great and funny, the conflict she felt between stopping Dash and helping her was very interesting. Basically a better version of MMDW, 7/10.
>The Times They Are a Changeling
ANOTHER great Spike episode, and Thorax was cute and funny. The song was...bad. I'm sorry. Spike cannot sing and the lyrics sucked. Other than that, pretty good. 8/10.
>Dungeons & Discords
SPIKE IS ONA ROLLLLLL. Discord was alright too I guess. Honestly my favorite part was the ending shot where Pank and Dash join the fun. 7/10.
>Buckball Season
Pinkie was too fucking cute this episode with that mane style. That alone makes it AT LEAST a 7/10. Episode itself was good too, I like the concept of buckball and the friendship between Pinkie and Flutters. 8/10.
>The Fault in Our Cutie Marks
Eh, it was boring. Gabby was cute but kinda annoying, the song with her was meh, and I was kinda happy when it was over. 5/10.
>>
>>29641414
>Viva Las Pegasus
I had high hopes for this and was surprised to see FlimFlams appear, but it was just kinda ok. Villain was cool but the resolution was contrived as fuck. 5/10.
>Every Little Shit She Posts
I liked it. The shenanigans with the brainwashed 5 were really funny and seeing Glimmer totally misunderstand friendship was believable and cute. BUT THEY SHOULDNT HAVE FORGIVEN HER, SHE WAS A PSYCHOPATH oh fuck off, it's a god damn children's cartoon. This is an instance where that excuse is ok; stop reading too much into this. 7.5/10.
>P.P.O.V. (Pony Point of View)
Nautical setting was refreshing and led to some great jokes. The antagonism between the ponies over the ruined trip was realistic and believable, friends fight over stupid shit all the time. 8/10.
>Where the Apple Lies
Eh, it was alright. Nothing really to say about it, honestly, except that filly AJ was adorable. Comedy was good too, 7/10.
>Top Bolt
Very good episode. New characters were great, teacher Twilight was funny and natural, and Dash and Twi were both very in-character and their debate over Sky was interesting. 8/10.
>To Where and Back Again
Ho boy. Part One was definitely stronger, mainly because of Trixie and Glimmer. Discord was ok, but him being there was kinda pointless if he couldn't use his powers. Thorax is top-tier bug, nu-changelings are awful, and I'm glad Chrysalis was not reformed. I am also ok with the Mane 6 being captured and out of the plot; sure it was contrived, but it made the episode better by allowing focus on the other characters. 9/10 - 7/10 (each part respectively)
Aaaaaand there you have it. Feel free to mock my shit taste and tell me about yours.
>>
I agree with your opinions.
>>
File: IMG_4630.gif (224KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4630.gif
224KB, 450x350px
errr I liked Season 6 sort of
>>
>>29641410
Hey Pieguyrulz!
>>
File: ali13.png (546KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
ali13.png
546KB, 800x537px
>>29641410
>Newbie Dash
You ranked it too high. it was very dry and offered no development to her character or her arc.
>>29641414
>28 Pranks Later
I don't know how you can like this one. it completely ignored griffon the brush off and the whole thing made no sense. (dash literally buying hundreds of chinese knock-off cookies just to """"prank""" the entire town??)
>The Times They Are a Changeling
Garbage episode. thorax serves only as a plot device and the episode makes no sense. why is spike in charge of a platoon just because he's a hero? shining armor knows he has no experience. More importantly, the fucking ending of the episode was a joke. he literally sings about nothing and then the episode ends and spike is right. the fact that changelings nearly destroyed canterlot, nearly killed cadence, and kidnapped celestia, apparently means nothing in season 6
>>29641419
>Where the Apple Lies
this was a great episode that developed AJ, big mac, and filthy rich all in one shot. also has the cutest version of applejack. a definite 9/10.
>>
>>29641410
>Feels unnatural compared to how Celestia had her learn
Twilight isn't Celestia, why would you expect her to teach the same?
>>
>>29641518
Unnatural as in it doesn't make sense to TEACH something that has to be learned from self-initiated social interaction. Twilight should know this, a "friendship lesson" doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>29641410
>>29641414
>>29641419

> 0.05 Habucks have been deposited in your bank account
>>
>>29641598
>talking about the show on a board made for talking about the show is shilling
>>
>>29641497
literally who though
>>
>>29641410
>Sorry but I found it kinda boring.
Sorry but you still rated it too damn high.

0/10 and Applejack isn't even my waifu.
>>
>spot the thread title after a search
>"Is this guy trying to steal my schtick?"

No no. I try not to review, and I'm FAR more autistic. >>29641629
>>
>>29641518
testing testing 1,2,3 even established twilight as someone who tries many different approaches to teaching, even finding the only way dash could ever learn anything. then she became glimmer's teacher and became retarded
>>
>>29641509
>changelings nearly destroyed canterlot, nearly killed cadence, and kidnapped celestia, apparently means nothing in season 6

He didn't, though.
>>
>>29641414
>28 Pranks Later
>Basically a better version of MMDW
The only difference was, in this episode Rainbow was completely stupid, while in MMDW she wasn't. And you think that turning a character into an idiot to rehash an episode is "better". Uh huh. You're a fucking imbecile.
>>
>>29641410
lol bump. Thanks, anon. But this isn't detailed, it's very broad.

Well sure it's detailed and concise when compared to these /b/tards roaming the board who can't express the simplest things.
>>
>>29641419
>it's a children cartoon, so it doesn't have to have real consequences
kys
>>
>>29642498
well depending on the context, yes actually you fucking mongrel
>>
>>29641410
>Applejack's Day Off
>Contrived moral
I found that moral to be extremely practical. In the adult world, I see people having problems like that ALL THE TIME. Perhaps it was a little boring, but the message was actually very relevant (moreso to adults than children, though).
>>
>>29642997
No, you're super fucking wrong. Children especially should be shown the consequences of rapes like those that Glimmer consistently does to other people.
>>
>>29642997
Let's apply your logic literally anywhere else in the series and see how retarded it is. Should the Mane 6 and Celestia not have forgiven Luna? Should she have been put on trial and sentenced to jail or execution? How about Discord? Forgiveness is definitely something little girls should NEVER learn, right?
>>
>>29643132
meant that for >>29643037
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.