[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so where do they go with her now? her story is 100% done, she's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: 1472644272190.png (525KB, 2948x3093px) Image search: [Google]
1472644272190.png
525KB, 2948x3093px
so where do they go with her now? her story is 100% done, she's finished her schooling, became a princess, and now she's finished teaching a student of her own
>>
>>29633269
take celestia's place, like lauren wanted
>>
Now she turns evil, duh.
>>
File: 1483753504133.jpg (1MB, 5300x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1483753504133.jpg
1MB, 5300x3500px
>>29633269
I would like to see her become Flurryheart's mentor some day. There's probably nothing more spectacular she's going to achieve in her lifetime than becoming a Rainbow powered Alicorn God and smacking Tirek down, it's time for her to gracefully move aside for the next generation.
>>
>>29633269
She'll be done when Glimmer becomes an equal (alicorn).
Then, the show can end. By the time that happens, Rarity and Dash would have fully settled in their dream jobs and the others dont really aspire to anything notable anyway.
>>
>>29633269
She sacrifices herself for no good reason and comes back a season later with amnesia.
>>
>>29633317
I don't know why, but you mentioning this got me thinking.
If you take Trunks and replace him with Glimmer, take Goten and replace him with a somewhat aged up Flurry, and take Piccolo and replace him with Twilight, it just makes sense in a good kind of way.
>>
File: 317.gif (2MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
317.gif
2MB, 427x240px
>>29634114
And I forgot to post the link I was talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2UYSFtlQ5Q
>>
>>29633340
I fucking hate how true this is.
7-? years of suffering for that. Like pottery.
>>
>>29633269
She has yet to replace Celestia and raise the sun.
>>
File: mlfw10990_small.jpg (10KB, 320x305px) Image search: [Google]
mlfw10990_small.jpg
10KB, 320x305px
>>29634134
>has yet to raise the sun
>what is S4 finale
>>
File: 416415464.jpg (28KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
416415464.jpg
28KB, 325x325px
>>29633340
>when Glimmer becomes an equal (alicorn).
>>
File: 1144943.png (110KB, 661x681px) Image search: [Google]
1144943.png
110KB, 661x681px
She'll have to learn to tolerate a pony who actively antagonizes her and will never really be her friend. Even friendship has its limits.
>>
>>29633269
She has been playing mentor roles among the ponies she knows in these later episodes, mostly. Otherwise, she's basically a Friendship Missionary.
>>
>>29633269
>so where do they go with her now? her story is 100% done,

Her story was destroyed at the end of S03, anon.
The staff has literally zero idea of what to do with her after they wrote themselves into a corner.
>>
>>29634494
This.

Twilicorn was a fucking mistake pushed by Hasjew.
>>
>>29634494
>>29634510

Nah, it's perfectly fine for Twilight to have been made a princess. It's just that it was way too rushed. It certainly didn't feel like she earned those wings, even M A Larson admitted it at an interview. They should have waited until Twilight started acting like a princess, and make her do something really impressive, not just writing half a sentence in a book and somehow getting zapped by lesbian beams.
>>
>>29634102
*and no wings
>>
>>29634544
I mean all potential for untold stories, anon. Also, they got rid of all of her personality quirks that amde her so fun and loveable.

I don't care if she's a princess, what irks me is how hamfisted it was and how any attempt to use her new status ended up being concentrated ass.
>>
>>29634571
The way the writers put it make Twilight appear as a make believe princess, with an empty title that doesn't give any real power. The wings are like a gold star, just the proof that she graduated with honors, and nothing more. She didn't gain any godlike powers or anything like that.
>>
>>29634595
She lost all of her previous character traits and her desire to keep learning vanished as well.

Can you remember any post crowning episode where Twilight is studying among piles of old books or struggling to learn a new spell?

Can you remember when her lack of social skills or ability to craft stuff used to bite her in the ass and motivate her to do better shit?
>>
>>29633269
>her story is 100% done
yes anon, if you dream to be an astronaut your story ends as soon as you become an astronaut.
>>
>>29634571
>>29634619
These guys noticed the elephant in the room and described quite nicely. The problem (though I still think it's a pretty big problem in its own merits) is not the princesshood, but the writers dropping almost all of her character traits as soon as she got her wings. Not only that but the quality of the story telling declined considerably as well.

If you compare Twilight before/after the wings you can easily see how she's different, saved for the occasional rare times when she seems like her old self. I mean, those guys already gave some examples, just to name a few

>she lost her lust for studying
Look how many times she was with piles of piles of books, fanatically reorganizing everything and mentioning how she wants to reread some of the books.

>snarkyness, ironic, embarrassment when nerding out
Self explanatory.

>sure of herself
Plenty of times she was convicted that she was corrected, but they blew in her face because she was wrong.

I've mentioned above that the decline in quality influenced as well, let me exemplify it. Back during S1-2 many of the stuff that "came out of the ass" had a simple but still in-universe answer.

>Rainboom
>RD: "How are you staying on clouds?" TS: "The one we used on Rarity was too complicated but we found one that was easier"

>A Dog and Pony Show
>Spike: "Why don't you use your magic?" TS: "Of course! Rarity taught me her gem finding spell last week"

Nowadays we rarely have these, but most are still pretty forced. I think we should thank Renzetti for this kind of consistency
>>
File: large.png (1MB, 1099x850px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
1MB, 1099x850px
>>29633269

She inherits the Equestrian Throne, of course. Celestia finally found somepony capable enough to handle practically any issue as long as she has her friends, and she can step down & spend the rest of her days sitting in a spa.
>>
File: 1475125665222.png (409KB, 680x439px) Image search: [Google]
1475125665222.png
409KB, 680x439px
>>29634619
I can't fucking remember anything because she had so little actually meaningful screentime after S3. She's either used to forward the plot in the season opener/closer, a way to resolve an episode's plot for other characters, or completely irrelevant. Or made fun of by Discord, because that's always so hilarious and never gets old.
I don't have a problem with her being different from before, she basically graduated so she doesn't have to study now and she doesn't necessarily have that much troubles with her spells now too. She's been giving lectures of her own after all. The problem is that I don't get to see any of it. The only recent episode about her own problems was Amending Fences.
I don't even give a shit about her being alicorn princess. Just do SOMETHING with her ffs. Is it really that hard to come up with a plot for her, or did they write themselves into a corner and just decided to not touch her at all?
>>
>>29633285
>>29634134
No, Twilight Sparkle will resign as princess and become an unicorn again and become Princess Celestia's successor.
>>
>>29634619
yeah, she was researching dragons and wanted to research gabby's cutiemark, also she got bored in made in manehattan because she's read all 20,000 books in her library twice
>>
>>29634544
No, Twilight will tell off Celestia that she doesn't want to be a princess anymore.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 253x199px
>>29633269
>so where do they go with her now? her story is 100% done, she's finished her schooling, became a princess, and now she's finished teaching a student of her own

She is killed in an explosion as she attempts a very dangerous spell. Spike is badly injured but manages to survive. Rarity adopts Spike and the two slowly become lovers. Fluttershy, overcome with grief and unable to handle her emotions, kills herself in the woods. Rainbow Dash, distraught, swears off flying for the rest of her natural life.
>>
>>29634929
I'd buy all but the last one, simply for lack of context.
Unless the spell has something to do with flying,
>>
>>29634940

that could work...the spell could have been something requested by rainbow dash, so she blames herself for twilight's death...in an emotional and mental darkness, rainbow swears off flying forever, because the memories of twilight's death - and her self-blame for it - are too strong and painful.
>>
>>29634619

This. I want the adorable retard twilight back. I want her to learn and struggle on. Sure, she still does it time to time but its not the same, she is supposed to be a being of godlike power now who should be literally able to zap every problem away.

Also, my biggest gripe is this whole "princess of friendship" shit. Remember how she is a prodigy at MAGIC,has a cutie mark related to MAGIC, her entire thing is MAGIC, and she is possibly the most powerful and learned pony wizard alive if not all time? Well fuck time, time for Starlight Nigger and her nerdy failed wizard basement dweller friend to shit on Twilight every turn and come up with solutions she didnt think of. FUCK this bullshit, let her be a master wizard, why take her unique position of a magic user away?
>>
>>29634824

Just write a storyline where all the alicorn magic is gone, Twilight manages to get some of it back but instead of keeping it she selflessly decides to re-empower Celestia and Luna and she learns a sappy lesson about how its not the wings that make a princess of friendship. There you go, now its fixed.

Who I'm kidding, several seasons of that shit will never go away.
>>
>>29635062
Nothing is fixed. Wings don't matter, you're removing a superficial element that doesn't factor in her character.
>>
>>29635052
>Remember how she is a prodigy at MAGIC,has a cutie mark related to MAGIC, her entire thing is MAGIC
And FRIENDSHIP is MAGIC, so she's the princess of FRIENDSHIP that is MAGIC. There you go.
>>
>>29635085

Because she did a sure lot of befriending these days.
>>
>>29633340
No, then Glimmer will take Twilight's role as mentor to some poor schmuck unicorn, until she too ascends and the cycle of merchandising continues.
>>
>>29635107
But only by making friends she became THE element of magic.
>>
File: 1486975759214.jpg (201KB, 1280x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1486975759214.jpg
201KB, 1280x1087px
>>29635190
No amount of shilling or denial will ever make the "princess of friendship" not retarded.
The element of magic sparked from friendship because friendship creates magic, with magic being that magical "spark" or sensasion you get from having friends. It also so happens that that "spark" fuels real magic as well.

Twilight's special talent is magic, and she is a student of magic. Then it became such that her magic was not good enough and she needed friendship to properly resonate with her magic to restore the elements of harmony.
After that Twilight began "studying" friendship, or better put the "magic of friendship".
We also have plenty of scenes of her learning new spells and techniques like teleportation, while learning still about friendship and magicalness of it.
Everything about Twilight and her studies has to do with magic, and friendship is really only for the elements' magic and her own personal reasons.
Then we have Sombra which tests her problem solving and magical abilities, Twilight centric and nothing about friendship.
Then, even in the butchered MMC, Twilight finishes a spell about MAGIC using her knowledge about FRIENDSHIP to further her understanding of MAGIC.

She should be the princess of magic, she has deep knowledge of it, it's her special talent, everything she has ever studies was about it, and magic has a nice double meaning of friendship without being obviously shoved in your face.
Twilight's princess status has nothing to do about magic and instead she just acts as a fucking counsler. She solves other people's friendship problems for simply their own friendship's sake where as before TWILIGHT'S own friendship is what allowed her to magically succeed.

And dear god, how fucking embarrasing it must be to be a motherfucking princess of goddamned friendship.
>>
>>29635605

This. Just let her cast spells, seriously. Why she is a fucking therapist now?
>>
>>29635685
papa haber gotta make his baby shine
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.