[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IDW will be in charge of the prequel of the official MLP movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: ertert.png (374KB, 1128x590px) Image search: [Google]
ertert.png
374KB, 1128x590px
It's over guys.

IDW comic will be canon with the movie

https://twitter.com/AndyPriceArt/status/839140164156936196
>>
>>29626377
Like the Sunset comic was? The comic was alright.
>>
>>29626377
Really it doesn't come as a surprise. That the movie should get a tie-in to IDW like Equestria Girls has multiple times.

Disappointing line-up though, I hate Anderson's writing lately. Price is overrated as shit but he's the popular one for some reason.
>>
>>29626377
Aww fuck. Game over man! Game over!.
>>
>>29626419
>Price is overrated as shit but he's the popular one for some reason.
I unironically like Fleecs better.
>>
>>29626476

He only need a good colorist. His regular issues always get a shitty colorist unlike pic related where fleecs get andy price regular colorist
>>
>>29626377

Nah, it'll be as canon as the comics are to the series. It'll mention some crap that happened in the movie, but the movie won't be affected by it.

All they have to do is make sure that their story ends in a way that doesn't contradict the film.

How likely do you think that is?
>>
>>29626508
His recent issues on the main book (since Ponies of Dark Water I think?) have had the better coloring too and look pretty good.
>>
>>29626514
>comics
>no contradiction
CHOOSE ONE
>>
>>29626377
If Amazon is right then one this is going to be $15.99 and 96 pages long.
There's no way this whole monthly miniseries will have comics that long each, right?

https://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Movie-Prequel/dp/168405107X/
>>
>>29626377
Just don't throw the guy that cannot draw backgrounds and his art is overall bad...
>>
>>29626540
Amazon only ever lists trades. The series is a story arc of 4 issues and that book is a compilation.
>>
>>29626377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLGQf9WIK4
>>
>>29626558
Okay, 24 pages each sounds a lot more reasonable.
>>
File: 6245747.png (271KB, 1025x739px) Image search: [Google]
6245747.png
271KB, 1025x739px
>>29626377
>by ted anderson
sweet. cant wait for all the fuck all men shit snuck in because IDW is incompetent.
>>
In case anyone's curious what they've worked on before, I've updated this chart through May 2017 + this comic set.
>>
>>29626602
>all the fuck all men shit snuck in
How often has this actually happened in Ted Anderson's issues besides that one time? Oh wait, I just answered my own question.
>>
>>29626602
You're thinking of Jeremy Whitley
>>
>>29626602

Nah, ted anderson is a pussy since his last drama. Jeremy Whitley is the problem but even he don't put SJW soapboxing since he is throwing all that shit in the unstoppable wasp Marvel comic.
>>
>>29626514
>All they have to do is make sure that their story ends in a way that doesn't contradict the film.

You mean like the prequel to EQG they wrote that ended up completely non-canon thanks to showing Twilight as a child when Sunset left, Twilight's future friends being revealed to be the same age as her in the school flashback, and Moondancer being completely different in every way shape and form?

Yeah, these are the kind of things you just watch to see how the show is going to teabag it later.
>>
>>29626754

>You mean like the prequel to EQG they wrote that ended up completely non-canon thanks to showing Twilight as a child when Sunset left, Twilight's future friends being revealed to be the same age as her in the school flashback, and Moondancer being completely different in every way shape and form?

Dude, if you want to prove that EQG isn't canon without the extra comic just use this
>>
>>29626754
>showing Twilight as a child when Sunset left, Twilight's future friends being revealed to be the same age as her in the school flashback
You mean like Season 1 Episode 23?
>>
>>29626793

Lyra mother, Loira
>>
>>29626793
That's just a pony who looks like Lyra.

They literally called her Moondancer in the comic. Also, they literally showed Twilight as a kid in the background.

Can't quite save that sinking ship, mate.
>>
>>29626793
it's a changeling
>>
>>29626837
But anon, surely that's a completely different pony also named Moondancer who also went to the same school and who also knew those same friends and also was around at that timeframe! You can fix anything if you just make up enough shit and pretend it makes sense!
>>
>>29626852
>You can fix anything if you just make up enough shit and pretend it makes sense
I mean it's the only way to explain the age discrepancy of Lyra, Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts between episodes 23 and Amending Fences.

We have to say there just happened to be 4 adult ponies identical to them down to the cutie marks living in Canterlot while they were also fillies.
>>
>>29626377
Wasn't Equestria Girls also in the comics? I guess the comic will be just trying to tie in to the movie, it won't really be treated as canon. Not unless aMcCarthy or Vogel write the script.
>>
File: 1406591088846.png (556KB, 396x628px) Image search: [Google]
1406591088846.png
556KB, 396x628px
>>29626793
Lyra and her friends go on time traveling adventures while off-screen.
>>
File: CIA.jpg (98KB, 1200x866px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
98KB, 1200x866px
>>29626602
More like they try to explain why Starlight Glimmer and Discord is not in the Movie and all sort of damage control that the movie coudn't do itself.
>>
Uh, this is just one of the prequels. Its also getting a book.
>>
>>29626377
That doesn't make it canon
>>
>>29626906
the thing on the left is gonna be comic relief/ "YOU FAILED ME AGAIN STARSCREAM" isn't it?
>>
>>29627170
Already been confirmed that he is, he likes cupcakes.
>>
>>29626906
So is it going to be a Lion king ripoff?
the characters even look like Rafiki and Pumbaa (except their the bad guys)
>>
>>29627395
>the characters even look like Rafiki and Pumbaa
thats the biggest stretch ive ever heard.
>>
>>29626377

As long as Fosgitt is allowed nowhere near this, it might be decent.

But it probably won't given IDW's track record.
>>
>>29626896
This. Unless someone from the show is working on it it ain't canon. The Fiendship issues were also prequels, telling the origin stories of various villains, but I don't think anyone here regards them as show canon.

I'll still check it out though if it tells us where Discord and Starlight are during the movie's events.
>>
>>29627430

Just read the tweet, only andy price will draw this annual

>Annual by andy
>Six issues in a row of Leguend of magic by hickey
>no fosgitt until the # 54

This will be a nice break of that hack
>>
>>29626377
>2nd annual
Well I suppose they do give them all different titles.
>>
>>29626702
Wait is that why whitley improved he has a second sjw outlet.
>>
>>29628422

yeah, he can finally throw all his SJW shit and get praised by "journalists" and keep MLP alone
>>
>>29626377
>IDW comic will be canon
is this news?
>>
>>29626754
>You mean like the prequel to EQG they wrote that ended up completely non-canon thanks to showing Twilight as a child when Sunset left, Twilight's future friends being revealed to be the same age as her in the school flashback, and Moondancer being completely different in every way shape and form?

The comic artists and showrunners don't communicate. Continuity errors are inevitable. There are less there than in the show itself, even, eh? The idea that Sunset used to be Celestia's student and craved something Celestia denied her so much she left etc. etc. is canon
>>
>>29628422
Whitley has not improved since he started on Wasp. There is less social justice commentary but he is still every bit the mediocre hack he always has been. See the Trixie/Rarity FF for a latest example.
>>
>>29628923
Princeless barely sells 1000 copies. Basically no one reads it but other people involved in making comics.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.