[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the fandom dying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 24

File: IMG_0436.png (782KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0436.png
782KB, 1280x720px
I feel like outside of here the fandom is basically dead. This and Brony Con are all that's left. Which is saddening as I'm a fairly new fan, just started season 3 today. Either how do you guys feel about it? Do you think we're fading off clinging onto something that's gone or has the super mega cringe hype just died down? (Also Fluttershy is best pone)
>>
>>29622499
I think we are definitely dying, but not at the exponential rate everyone claims. The main decline in the fandom took place in the eleven months between Seasons 4 and 5, as the 2012-2013 bandwagoners realised MLP wasn't their cup of tea, and so they left the ride. I imagine some veterans were discouraged by this wait time as well.

Season 6 wasn't all that great, causing many more to be discouraged.

Now all that's left are the oldfags (2010-2011-early 2012) and the newfags (2015 up.) We're not getting as many newfags, but it's cool to see them around.
>>
>>29622518
/thread
>>
>>29622518
Yeah I was skeptical at first but I started watching it 2 days ago and now I'm at season 3.
>>
>>29622499
As long as the tags "scenery", "cute", "adorable" and alikes in derpibooru will have good new pics I'll be ok. That's all I'm asking.
>>
File: post-2150-0-95278500-1432267616.png (246KB, 650x591px) Image search: [Google]
post-2150-0-95278500-1432267616.png
246KB, 650x591px
I agree with >>29622518 about the bandwagoners thing. I don't think the fandom is dying. just settling into cruising speed.
however this isn't going to stop me from playing it up next Bronycon when I cosplay as a brony doomsayer.
"the end is neigh, brothers. abandon this ship before you sink with it."
>>
>>29622499

Everyone starts off liking Fluttershy. I grew out of her quickly, then I got tired of her because the writers used the concept of repressed anger too much and in a failed way, and then came the Bats! episode that pushed me from bothered to pissed at her. I'd spray her with pheromones and watch her get fucked by animals.

>>29622532

Eh, the fandom has lost lots of content creators who kept people entertained and sparked discussion and interest.

>>29622641

Please reference the prophets from The Life of Brian in some way.
>>
>>29622499
This fandom died as soon as it accepted Twilicorn and humanized cancer
>>
>>29622745

The show died at the Season 2 finale. Then the two Scruffenings happened where a ginormous faggot banned fun but left the gay horse and CYOA threads intact. What a turd burglar.

>humanized cancer

Well the large amounts of early humanized art communicated to Hasbro that there's a market for it. Have you watched EqG though? Dash and Pinkie are very different characters to their pony counterparts. Better even.
>>
>>29622499
fuck you
>>
>>29622811
EQG pretty much killed humanizations. They were common but each artist had their own styles. But after EQG, artists started to just copy its style instead. There's no incentive to be creative if there's already something official to use.
>>
File: 1425780511700.png (292KB, 700x417px) Image search: [Google]
1425780511700.png
292KB, 700x417px
>>29622518
I don't see why you think all the people who joined in 2013/2014 would leave.

Many people here today joined 2013/2014. Right?
>>
File: 1468709084350.jpg (247KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468709084350.jpg
247KB, 1280x800px
>>29622499
>2013
>'I-is the fandom dying? It feels like things have been slowing down lately.'
>2014
>2015
>2016
>2017
The fandom has been 'dying' for a very long time. To many, MLP was a fad. A cute little thing to obsess over for a view months then move on. For others (especially those who joined in late 2012/2013), MLP and Bronies were the new 'in' thing and to be bandwagoned on until the next pop-culture phenomenon. For a lot of people, Twilicorn, EqG and the Treebary signified that the show wasn't what they signed up to watch and they left.

At this point, I think it's a mix of both clinging to a bygone relic and the fact that hype has died. There are definitely people who can't let go of the series, and there are definitely people who stick around because they're still caught on the show.
>>
>>29622499
>famdom dying
I started watching MLP like 3-4 months ago. I never was a fan and even now that i'm a "fan" i don't identify myself as "Brony" or any other faggotry. MLP itself is fine show if you don't take it with autistic seriousness (or if you do, at least do it in comfort of your home). tumbl whores who jumped bandwagon as well as Bronies left because those are faggots who didn't even watch the show. They were in simply for the lulz, coming from other bandwagons, jumping probably to Gravity falls, Star or any other fandom. When you are taking a shit you're not actually letting out your soul, but you are simply getting rid of filtered material (e.g. SHIT). Actually, i find it more relaxing now, since obnoxious retards already left the train. That's why i got on, for a comfy, calm and silent ride ahead....
>>
What are you fat fuck human refuse even doing with your lives
>>
>>29622499
>I feel like outside of here the fandom is basically dead. This and Brony Con are all that's left.
Fimfiction is still going strong. I don't read EqD comments but my impression is that they're still doing pretty well too. Derpibooru, I really have no idea.

The one that's really dead is r/mlp. I used to go there before /mlp/ existed, but these days it's a fucking ghost town. Used to be 500 users online every single day, 100 comments on most posts, and "x thousand subscriber" milestones every few weeks. Now it's 100 users, maybe 20 comments or less, and the subscriber count never managed to break 70k.

>>29622738
>Eh, the fandom has lost lots of content creators
I also have this impression but I think it's somewhat misleading. You hear every so often about an artist leaving, but you never hear about an artist joining, so it seems like everything is going strictly downhill.

But of course, the reason you don't hear about artists joining is because if they've only just joined, they obviously aren't famous yet, and nobody is paying attention to them. And they become famous gradually, so you aren't going to see an EqD article or anything when it happens.
>>
>>29623030

I see your point but I disagree. Skilled and memorable artists have their own style that they depict the characters with, and said artists are plenty. The official look is usually seen in traces or beginner work.
>>
Yes, and Yeepz killed it.
>>
>>29622499
we've begun to wind down.
>>
File: 1474094236238.png (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474094236238.png
1MB, 1500x1000px
>>29622499
Hype has died down because it's no longer as huge a taboo to be into something not in the mainstream. Anime? Shitton of people have read a manga or watched something anime related. Comics? Fucking every one loves superheros now thanks to movies. Now it's kind of a "oh, you still like that? Huh..."

I still enjoy the art and the world it's built so far. Taking such a toyline series and having created such characters and worlds from it feels fun to build upon. And the fanart is great.
>>
>>29622499

It's not dead, but it has cooled off. It feels "dead" because we don't see pony everywhere anymore. It's old news. The bandwagoners are gone, but the show will continue to have a surprising number of dedicated fans for a long time. I picture it will be somewhat like Star Trek in this.

Basically everyone who doesn't live under a rock has heard of MLP and all the people who were open to it have joined. We won't see a huge spike of new fans, but rather a steady inflow and outflow. Anywhere you look, there is still rivers of music, art, and fanfics being created, but it is less visible because the ego-centric fandom celebrities have moved on.
>>
File: 1394497051686.png (263KB, 507x469px) Image search: [Google]
1394497051686.png
263KB, 507x469px
>>29622518
This nigga knows whats up
>>
>>29623030
That's better than having stupid, huge nosed, fat, nigger and muslim SJW humanizations.
>>
File: 1413660677194.jpg (20KB, 338x430px) Image search: [Google]
1413660677194.jpg
20KB, 338x430px
>>29622518
>tfw arrived at the end of 2013
oh, okay.
>>
>>29622499
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/7524981/#7526001

Post it again
>>
File: 1483051443728.gif (75KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483051443728.gif
75KB, 250x250px
>>29623240
This is exactly me, holy shit.
>I started watching the show a day after the 6 year anniversary
>mfw I learned about this a couple of days after I started watching the show
>>
>>29622499
I was a fan back when being one was cool and I got my fix early on
I'm glad it's all dying because it never recovered from the second half of season two
I let go a while ago, I just come here because everyone here is butthurt and that's funny
>>
>>29623059
Yep, I'm still here. Joined exactly when the season 4/5 hiatus started, it gave me time to catch up on the show.
>>
>>29625451
You missed all the good stuff, also anyone who started watching after 2012 is a bandwagon faggot , it's like a kid who has only seen the seasons 20 on of the Simpsons who says he likes the show
Let's be honest, everyone here is still here because they arrived too late searching for something that no longer existed
>>
File: welcome to die!.jpg (64KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to die!.jpg
64KB, 422x422px
>>29622499

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/statistics/activity/
>>
File: large (1).png (133KB, 719x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large (1).png
133KB, 719x1024px
>>29622499
The show should have ended with Twilicorn. Everything that we deal with today is a result of Hasbro's executive decision to artificially extend the story's life beyond it's reasonable bounds.
Like a zombie, it moves while rotting in front of our eyes. Every season it doesn't get put down is another year delaying the development and release of Gen 5 which, like a phoenix, is destined to rise from the ashes of this sad cadaver in glory and fame.

We are destined to the slow death, tied down by shareholders who will violate us until our hearts give out like lab rats.
>>
>>29623272

But a lot of the really good artists are gone:
>Megasweet
>GlancoJusticar
>Slugbox
>The Guy Who Did Ask Surprise
>KingCheetah
>CartoonLion
>SolarSlash
>Madmax

Out of the good oldfag artists, essentially only Joseco and Egophiliac.
>>
>>29622518
>Now all that's left are the oldfags (2010-2011-early 2012) and the newfags (2015 up.)
2013 reporting in
>>
>>29622499
We're in hiatus, waiting for S7. S6 was a mixed bag, and Big Jim told one critical fan to go fuck himself on Twitter.

On the other hand, more people are discovering the show, including Billy Bob Thornton. A new Pony movie is being released that will definitely expand the worldmap. And activity at my local con is the same as it has ever been, and it has expanded to include a game room where FIGHTING IS MAGIC gets played until fingers go numb.
>>
>>29622499
It's not dead, it's still in the process of dying.

The stats prove it has been for years

http://desuarchive.org/mlp/statistics/activity/
>>
File: The brony motto.jpg (45KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
The brony motto.jpg
45KB, 1000x1000px
It's not dying. Stop perpetuating this fucking self-fulfilling bullshit. Why the fuck would new members even bother to join if everyone keeps going on about how we're dying and how the shithole we used to be is 2012/2013 was "the golden age of pony". People were whining and crying about our impending doom back then too.

Yes, we've had a decline. Expecting the fandom to keep exploding forever was unrealistic. Sooner or later it will flatline when the novelty wears off and the bandwagoners hop off. We also gain new members slowly because we hide our powerlevel and wait for random people to stumble into the room on their own. Back then we had a lot more non-autistic people trying to spread the word, and that was part of the reason we had such an explosive growth early on. People recommended the show to people. That's how I got into it, and I have recommended the show to others that I trust. If they didn't care, that was fine.

desu, I'm more hyped for S7 than I've been since before S3. I'm even cautiously optimistic about the movie, despite the flak it's getting already. I think we're going to see some growth over the next year, whether it's more new people, or old people returning, like me. I just crawled out of the golden age time capsule, and I'm kind of pissed to see all this talk about the fandom dying still. Grow up and get hype.
>>
>>29622499
Some people grew up and got a life, but there's always a steady influx of newfags.

This thread is a case in point.
>>
>>29622499
It's not, it is returning to the small niche it was - which is good. Equestria Daily and cons were a mistake.
>>
File: 716893.png (1MB, 986x1254px) Image search: [Google]
716893.png
1MB, 986x1254px
>>29623272
>Derpibooru, I really have no idea
Derpibooru has the usual ton of activity you can expect from a pic dumping site. New art gets uploaded all the damn time and plenty of it gets comments.
>>
File: 01.png (83KB, 970x679px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
83KB, 970x679px
>>29625977
I feel like I should be remembering something about september...
>>
>>29625972
i said i showed up here, not started watching the show. i started watching when s2 was still airing.
>>
>>29626594
Desuarchive itself crashed.
>>
>>29626630
Oh.
Alright, that would explain it.
>>
File: Bradillac.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bradillac.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
>>29622518
>All the bandwagoners left
>Now only oldfags and fewfags are left
Oldfag here. Got in during season one, and you're full of crap. Basically all my friends quit watching during season 4. The ones that do still watch the show with me do so like an MST3K kind of thing, where we derisively mock everything.

There were a series of dings that put people off the show.

The first was Luna changing into what she is now: a noisy exposition machine. A lot of people were invested in Luna as they believed she'd be, and left when their favorite character turned stupid. Not a big ding, but meaningful anyway.

The second was alicorn Twilight. moot put on sad music lamenting the death of the character when we found out she'd be a princess. People were furious. People left. The only reason the board isn't still flooded with complaints about is because the people who really couldn't stand it are gone now.

Then came Equestria Girls. We were promised no humans, but here we were with a movie about humans. In high school, no less - not even the magical world of Equestria. People were outraged about the designs and about mixing a school dance with the wonder of the pony show. Lost people there too.

Then there was the tree house in season four. Blew that up. Beautiful set piece. Lost more emotionally exhausted fans. This was when people started leaving with whimpers instead of fury.

Season 5 was uneventful, but then season 6 came around and really failed to impress a lot of people. I mean, it impressed some of the people on this board, but in the broader population most people didn't like season 6 all that much. I was personally relieved when it ended. I felt like some episodes were really robbing me of my time without bringing me any joy, and I'd have quit watching if my friends hadn't switched over to making fun of the show instead of enjoying it. I've seen plenty of bickering about season 6, with other people countering that "No, it's the best season ever", but people left.
>>
>>29626096
>Jim told a fan to go fuck himself.
Correction. Jim told Moliminous, a bottom-feeding Youtube personality who does click-baity "reviews" of the show, to go fuck himself.
>>
>>29622499
>Is the fandom dying?
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>29626662
>The first was Luna changing into what she is now: a noisy exposition machine.
Oh fuck off already. It's bad enough with you making a dozen threads a day about how evil Mr. Vogel killed your waifu, we don't need you shitting up everyone else's threads too.
>>
>>29626682
no, he got super butthurt after I unleashed my autistic rage at him, then he told molly to go fuck himself
then he posted like a five page rant when I showed him that walt disney comparision to him, which got posted to eqdaily
>>
>>29626798
>the walt disney comparison
Explain this, son of a sibling
>>
>>29626779
Other than exposit and show up in Scootaloo's dreams to tell her to believe in herself, what the fuck does Luna do? I'm not the guy you're complaining about, but Luna going from the jealous little sister to the... whatever she is now destroyed SO MUCH fanwank. It was a ding that lost some people. Not a big one, but it was the first "death of a character" that upset viewers.

If decisions like that really can be traced back to Vogel specifically, then yes, the guy is a problem. I don't know where that info is coming from or if it is at all coming from anyone. MA Larsen said in interviews that EVERYONE is trying to write the show, so it's probably not Vogel by himself doing this stuff.
>>
File: pFqZnJK.png (245KB, 850x800px) Image search: [Google]
pFqZnJK.png
245KB, 850x800px
>>29626823
it was this pic
>>
File: 597516136.png (216KB, 375x370px) Image search: [Google]
597516136.png
216KB, 375x370px
>>29626842
should add faust to that image saying the show is for little girls, but then i guess that would break the illusion that hes doing anything he shouldnt be because faust is a goddess.
>>
>>29626829
>Other than exposit and show up in Scootaloo's dreams to tell her to believe in herself, what the fuck does Luna do?
The same kind of thing Celestia does, as unfortunate as that is.

>I'm not the guy you're complaining about
Oh, sorry. Complaining first thing about Luna being a "noisy exposition machine" sounded awfully close to that guy's standard talking points.

>Luna going from the jealous little sister to the... whatever she is now destroyed SO MUCH fanwank.
The point of the ending S01E02, I thought, was that the elements showed her the error of her ways or something, so she would stop being jealous of Celestia. But I wasn't on the ride at the time (Luna Eclipsed was actually the first episode I watched live) so I don't really know what effect it had on the fandom.

>If decisions like that really can be traced back to Vogel specifically, then yes, the guy is a problem. I don't know where that info is coming from or if it is at all coming from anyone.
It's coming from a shitposter's fevered imagination. He likes to post dozens of "show discussion" threads where he bitches endlessly about Lesson Zero, Luna Eclipsed, and everything past S01E26 in general. He also blames basically everything he dislikes about the show on Mike Vogel, despite having no evidence whatsoever.
>>
>>29626881
Please do, because what Faust said is that the show was made to be enjoyed by little girls and their parents and, as far as I'm aware, parents are male and female adults.
>>
>>29626885
>The same kind of thing Celestia does
Job for villains and dump exposition. That's all any of the princesses do. Cadence is the same boat. I don't know why that is now. It's clear that Twilight is stronger than Celestia, Luna, or Cadence, so they can do anything she can but worse. They may as well let the princesses try and fail to do things in a less "Oh no, we need help again" kind of way. Maybe Celestia should try to open three boutiques and join the Wonderbolts. Hilariously, I think she wouldn't be able to pull it off.

But see, this is what I mean. After Luna fell into that rut, a lot of people were let down. I used to think Sunbutt was pretty cool myself until I realized she had no natural skill or talent.

They never did explain why Luna went crazy. That was something people thought they had in the bag, but then they did the flashback, and it showed the event. Luna just goes crazy. Poof. Like that. Then before she could even do anything, straight to the moon. No build up, no fight, no war. Straight to jail, do not collect $200.

So much fan canon hinged on Luna having a reason. So much fiction depending on the princesses having any amount of presence or ability. Season 2 really drove a nail into all of that. People forgave it, but I always think of it as the first big let down.
>>
File: 24577.png (25KB, 624x421px) Image search: [Google]
24577.png
25KB, 624x421px
>>29626894
negative. youre taking them both out of context.
for faust the point was the create a show for little girls that wasnt all tea parties and retarded simple plots. she didnt want to insult the intelligence of the viewers which is what most kid shows do. that way it could be enjoyed by everyone. the bottom line is it was still made for little girls, but enjoyable by parents.
similarly, jim said the show is made for little girls, not for adults. this has always been the case. he never said they couldnt enjoy it, but that it wasnt designed to cater to them, nor should it, nor will it.

what i find most ironic about this is that every kid ive talked to about the show prefers EqG to the show proper, yet theres a significant portion of adults here tho despise it. makes you wonder if people are just upset the show isnt catering to them rather than the target audience.
>>
>>29626943
Alienating those responsible for your success is still a bad idea.
Also, fuck Jim Caesar
>>
>>29626943
>makes you wonder if people are just upset the show isnt catering to them rather than the target audience
>>
>>29626943
You can't be seriously saying that "I made it for little girls" means the same when it's a reply for "I love the show" and when it's a reply for "this was terribly written and you don't care anymore". It's the difference between using it as something you're proud of, and using it as an excuse.
>>
>>29626960
>this was terribly written and you don't care anymore
the opinion of someone outside the target demographic. its fair to say the show isnt made for you. as i said before, many adults hate EqG, but many kids love it. its not made for you and the fact you dont like it doesnt mean anything.
>>
>>29626984
But nothing in "you don't care anymore" means "I want the show to be about the things I like, like shutouts to The Walking Dead and random references to Zelda." It could even be a legitimate criticism, thinking of the little girls. Most of the writers aren't little girls (actually, for the first time ever 88% of the episodes were written by men in season 6), and they're supposed to know what little girls like. It's not farfetched to think that someone could say "you don't care anymore" because he thinks that the show isn't good anymore for little girls.

I know it wasn't the case here, I know that it was a fan thinking of himself only, but you didn't dismissed his criticism, you dismissed the possibility of using "you don't care anymore" as a legit criticism. And I think that you're wrong.

On the other hand, "it's for little girls" has been traditionally used as an excuse to justify bad writing. Until such remark losses all its negative connotations, it shouldn't be used as an excuse. And Jim Miller used it as an excuse.
>>
>>29627061
i see what youre trying to say, but bad writing is in the eye of the beholder. if he were more mature, he would listen to what people have to say without having to accept it. i agree on that part. i do think its unfair to equate what people perceive as bad writing to not caring though. theres a lot of writefags around here who are pretty bad but i doubt its because they didnt try. personally id rather hear im just bad than i didnt try at something.
>>
>>29627090
>If he were more mature
Jim Miller is a cartoonist working on a kid's show owned by a company that has obvious boundary issues when it comes to what goes into said show. From the sounds of it, everybody and their dog has input on the final draft of the script, and Jim Miller probably feels like he has none of the control and all of the blame.

You have people like Moli piling shit on him for "not trying anymore", when obviously there's still a full studio worth of production on the thing and Moli has NO IDEA what it takes to make a cartoon. I'm sure he has some small, vague idea. He knows somebody draws some things and then some kids in Malaysia move some of the pieces around, but we're talking about anti-social autists who would otherwise be working entry-level retail jobs crawling up a project managers ass about a children's cartoon.

I'm not sure what compels Miller to do what he does, but I think the entire thing has to be more complex than issues of maturity.
>>
>>29627124
it would be nice if there was a lot more transparency. i do think he gets way more of the blame than he should, but he also keep replying to them all without giving any indication the blame shouldnt be placed on him. if he insists on interacting with the audience, he should tell them whats going on and why instead of just playing as a shield.
>>
Actually, here's something for perspective:
Imagine you're Jim Miller and Hasbro calls you on the phone and says, "Hey Jim, Big Mac is a girl now. Marketing found out red toys are selling, and he'll sell better to our target demo if Mac is a girl."

Now, Jim can tell Hasbro that this doesn't make any sense, but you know what they'll do? These are suits he's talking to. They'll say, "We know it doesn't make sense, Jim, but these are kids. This is a kid show about magic horses. Make it work."

Then Habsro hangs up the fucking phone and Jim can either do what they wanted or be replaced. Every stupid decision they send down must be like that, and he likely can't argue about the integrity of the show without them treating him like a dumbass because 'It's for kids, Jim."

Then Moliminous, from his Youtube bastion of Equestria Grills underwear edits and "The DARK Truth About Princess Celestia" videos, starts tweeting at Jim. Moli's all indignant and just berating Jim about the integrity of the show and how Jim doesn't care - and let's be fucking honest, this all coming from a guy who would sell out faster than a whore will suck a dick - and Jim tells him "You're a basic Youtube slut and this is a children's show. Fuck off."

It sounds less like Jim is making excuses and more like he's taking shit from everybody but doing his best to do the asinine, under-appreciated job Hasbro pays him to do. At the end of the day, he has to say, "It's just a kid's show, it doesn't matter" because that's what his boss's mantra is.
>>
>>29627171
Well, no. They can't be transparent about it. How would that work? A lot of MLP fans are parents too, you know. Jim can't just get up there and say, "We ruined the show to sell you THIS toy". That might hurt toy sales, which is the entire point.

His job is to be the punching bag and take the blame, so that's what he does. As soon as he starts passing the buck on to someone else, he's not bearing his responsibilities. Again - this is the thing. This is why this is more complex than a matter of maturity. This IS maturity. This kind of bullshit is what being an adult is like.
>>
>>29622499
Hahahaha no we're not dead yet and won't be for a long time

Bionicle is a toy series that ended in 2010 and got a god awful reboot several years ago but the fandom for it is still alive, albeit barely. The MLP fandom will face the same fate.

THE RIDE WILL NEVER END
>>
>>29627212
Fuck, I admit I didn't think of it this way. It's not necessarily accurate, but it's certainly possible.
>>
>>29627228
>We ruined the show to sell you THIS toy
thats projection. its no secret that there are toy inserts. theyve even said so before.
he doesnt need to reply at all. i doubt theres anything in his job description that says he must go to twitter and play damage control and tell all the people complaining that theyre wrong while not addressing those complaints.
>>
Mosy bronies are pansies who arbitrarily despise clop and even suggestive content. If one of theit hallowed ponies is depicted in a negative light in fanfiction, they will instinctually flood the author with hate mail.
>>
>>29627260
He doesn't need to reply, and so he quit replying if I'm remembering correctly. But if he's going to reply, he certainly isn't going to badmouth Hasbro and say they forced him to set up the crystal palace playset on short notice.
>>
>>29627275
fair point. he cant throw hasbro under the bus even if its the truth.
sometimes the only winning move is not to play.
>>
>>29627271
I remember when diaper fetish general wasn't an important staple of /mlp/, anon. I remember when lonely retards didn't have any pull over regular anons, because there were enough regular anons here to care more about comics, jokes, and show discussion.
>>
File: uwot.png (244KB, 375x382px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.png
244KB, 375x382px
>>29627293
>you cant care about both
>>
>>29627308
I am no stranger to porn, anon. If a pony stands like a normal person, she's like three heads tall, has no boobs, and the sexy part of her legs is a stumpy little thing. They're little butterballs unless you specifically draw them to have hips and feminine features, and at that point I don't see why you don't go the whole nine yards and draw actual women.

What I'm saying, anon, is that you're not special for having a fetish. But you are very, very short-bus-special for thinking this specific fetish makes you less of a weakling than anyone else.
>>
>>29627325
what are you even on about? the guy said most bronies are normies who hate all porn, you go on about how you can only either like porn or the source content, and then you start talking about anthro porn and fetishes.

what are you even arguing about?
>>
>>29627370
Are kids allowed on the computer during recess or something?
>>
>>29627370
He's the retard flooding the board with all these quality threads
>>
File: THIS THIS THIS AND THIS.jpg (126KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
THIS THIS THIS AND THIS.jpg
126KB, 340x480px
>>29622518
>>29623153
>>29623240
>>29624260
>>29624868
>>29626096
>>29626506
This thread is full of rational and reasonable people.
>>
>>29627407
>The fandom is fine. See all these people still in the fandom? They agree with me. Everything is fine.
>>
>>29622499
2010 fag reporting.
>>
File: 1488641727963.png (113KB, 803x831px) Image search: [Google]
1488641727963.png
113KB, 803x831px
>>29627457
>Hypocrisy
>>
>>29623059
Joined during the season 4/5 hiatus here
>>
>>29623059
same
>>
>>29627457
the people who want to be here are here.
>>
>>29626506
Correct.
>>
>>29627271
IIRC, Bronystudies showed that most of the participants were somewhere between neutral and positive to clop, orr at the very least tolerated it as a part of the fandom. But just like a squeaking wheel gets more oil, the screaming puritans get more attention. After all, neutrals have nothing to gain or lose, and the ones supporting it either don't care to preach it, or they realize that arguing with foaming moralists is a war that can't be won. They don't like it, and any argument they lose will be conveniently forgotten within the hour.
>>
File: sad octavia.png (171KB, 831x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sad octavia.png
171KB, 831x1024px
>>29626662
>The second was alicorn Twilight. moot put on sad music lamenting the death of the character when we found out she'd be a princess. People were furious. People left. The only reason the board isn't still flooded with complaints about is because the people who really couldn't stand it are gone now.
Honestly this. I've been into the show since 2011 and was always optimistic about it. I never got the hate towards MMDW, /mlp/'s chimpout over the Wedding episode and hell, I even liked S3. But Twilicorn, the fucking Twilicorn was the thing that managed to kill the show's magic for me. I genuinely tried to give S4 a chance, but the "spark" that once was there had never returned. The castle was the nail in the coffin that marked the point where the show just wasn't what it had once been.
I still love S1-S3 as I always did, but everything after it is just... dead and soulless. It's like the zombie Simpsons syndrome all over again.
>>
File: 1342736141995.png (87KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
1342736141995.png
87KB, 900x500px
>>29627999
They told us her personality wouldn't change...
Sweet trips brah
>>
>>29626914
>They never did explain why Luna went crazy. That was something people thought they had in the bag, but then they did the flashback, and it showed the event. Luna just goes crazy. Poof. Like that.
Yeah, that flashback was straight-up garbage.

>Season 2 really drove a nail into all of that.
Was with you up to here. What happened in S2 that was so bad? There was Luna Eclipsed, which I can't imagine ruined all that many headcanons except for the people who really wanted her to be Blue Alicorn Fluttershy, and in the finale there was Celestia losing the fight against Chrysalis. It was only later that it became a clear pattern, with the princesses getting BTFO by vines, weather, etc. And of course the stupid flashback.
>>
File: dont care.png (199KB, 468x351px) Image search: [Google]
dont care.png
199KB, 468x351px
>>29628018
>matured and lost her cheek
>everything else is the same
ya, tragic that.
>>
>>29622499
I'm not glad it's dead but I'm glad it's gone
>>
>>29627999
I've gotta agree with you.

S1-S4 were truly something I beheld, even though 4 was the end of my TV tune ins for voluntary times (I still watches most of S5, never got to S6 and haven't the bandwidth.) Faust wanted it to be a growing experience, something for the characters to learn and use, to control and utilize for the best of the kingdom. HiJew's Twilicorn did it in. Faust, if she was never stripped of her rite, would have been the bonding experience and adora-fest we'd have all been enjoying to this day.
>>
>>29622499
People get mad and quit things they enjoy every time they deviate from the status quo. They do this about once a season, so that's why there is always people who only like certain seasons instead of just taking things at face value. I never really understood that, as long as the show keeps the Mane 6, CMC, spike, and holds up in quality for me to justify watching it (which it has) I'm okay with whatever they do.
>>
>>29627239
>It's not necessarily accurate, but it's certainly possible.
We really need to get someone to ask anyone from the staff (or who left the show) on twitter where these ideas come from.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.