[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard that someone complained about MLP being racist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 15

Do you guys know if this is true? Who complained?

Obviously it was an SJW, but was it some crazy guy or were there several people complaining?
>>
File: slowpone.png (107KB, 796x505px) Image search: [Google]
slowpone.png
107KB, 796x505px
>>29613728
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2010/12/09/my-little-homophobic-racist-smarts-shaming-pony/
>>
>>29613743
>http://msmagazine.com/blog/2010/12/09/my-little-homophobic-racist-smarts-shaming-pony/

This, this... this is way worse than I thought.
>>
File: Epic_Facepalm_5452.png (183KB, 550x310px) Image search: [Google]
Epic_Facepalm_5452.png
183KB, 550x310px
I can't even... I just can't...
>>
>>29613757
It's from 2010, dude. Ain't exactly new.
Lauren even made a detailed retort to it.

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2010/12/24/my-little-non-homophobic-non-racist-non-smart-shaming-pony-a-rebuttal/
>>
>>29613728
If you see a thread formatted like this or ree's uncontrollably about how only s1-2 are canon, it's bait/spam

Some assmad barneyfag has been flooding the board all week
>>
File: 4.png (315KB, 601x453px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
315KB, 601x453px
>>29613728
I remember this it is fucking amazing.
>>
I remember another one saying that ponies are racist in regard to mules.
>>
>>29614250
well that's true

calling some one a mule is an insult AJ once used
i think it could be the equestrian equivalent of nigger
>>
>>29613743
>MLP
>Homophobic

One of the strongest, most ironclad ships in the fan community is Lyra and Bon Bon...
>>
File: 345955.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
345955.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>29614309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgiQUX3xPbQ
>Ponyville has casual racism
>>
>>29614250
Well, here's that blog: http://racism-in-a-kids-show.blogspot.com/
>>
I really don't understand how SJW's think MLP is racist when MLP is probably one of the most accepting and diverse kids shows out there. Probably more than Steven Universe, which they LOOOOVE right now.
>>
>>29614336
this is older then that ship
>>
>>29613728
People always said bridal gossip was racist. They're retarded. The characters intentionally being racist doesn't make the show racist.
>>
>>29614551
Ponies don't cry every episode and is thus manlier than SU. It promoted toxic masculinity by not showing your emotions on the outside 24/7.
>>
bump .
>>
File: tumblr_mihf9kBtC81qet5hfo1_500.png (416KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mihf9kBtC81qet5hfo1_500.png
416KB, 500x628px
>>29614551

Simply put, the SJW actively seek control, and to spread their ideology.
If they think they can hijack the narrative and use for example a fandom as their signal booster, they will latch on to it. Examples include Atheism+, Gravity Falls fandom, to some extent Undertale, as well as numerous others. I'm not qualified to speak on what the status on Steven Universe is since I've never actually touched/looked at/whatever Steven Universe, but I'm guessing it's another example in action.

They tried to hijack the MLP-fandom early on, declaring how a Brony should and shouldn't act, declaring you things like a rapist of girl-safe-spaces if you watched the show and DIDN'T buy into their ideology, etc.
Problem is (for them), the MLP-fandom is/was firmly rooted on 4chan, and the SJW simply weren't equipped to handle 4chan, especially not in such large numbers.

So, when they realized they couldn't consume MLP and it's fandom into their ranks, they moved on and declared it sexist/racist/homophobic, using it's high media profile rather than it's fandom as their mouthpiece.

Of course, this is a simplified version of events, the SJW are a loose group acting towards shared goals rather than an organized entity, so some SJW attacked MLP from the start (because of it's visibility in media granting THEM and their ideologies high visibility, the article from 2010 is one such example) while other still cling to MLP and try to convert it's fans and creators into the SJW ranks. The official comics for example are partially consumed by SJW.
>>
>>29615891
>I'm not qualified to speak on what the status on Steven Universe is since I've never actually touched/looked at/whatever Steven Universe, but I'm guessing it's another example in action.

It looks like it at first blush, but the androgynous mineral lesbians are pretty fucked up, and their society has some resemblances to N.Korea.
>>
File: large.png (674KB, 759x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
674KB, 759x1024px
warning plot
>>
File: not all dragons.png (1MB, 1171x403px) Image search: [Google]
not all dragons.png
1MB, 1171x403px
>>29615891
>The official comics for example are partially consumed by SJW
i know at least 2 of the writers are full fledged SJWs. one of them even used one of the comics as a soap box.
>>
File: 1269087.png (686KB, 1000x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1269087.png
686KB, 1000x1362px
>>
File: 1320992.png (794KB, 1660x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1320992.png
794KB, 1660x2000px
>>
File: 401034.png (130KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
401034.png
130KB, 500x561px
>>
File: 569454.jpg (73KB, 998x917px) Image search: [Google]
569454.jpg
73KB, 998x917px
>>
File: 690097.jpg (340KB, 1021x698px) Image search: [Google]
690097.jpg
340KB, 1021x698px
>>
>>29613728
>>
>>29613728
>I heard someone, somewhere, on the big wide internet, may have said MLP is racist
How is this worth talking about? Shit probably happens at a rate of at least once an hour, there are enough Tumblrinas looking to complain about things right now. Everything is gay and trans, and also hates blacks and cis-gendered characters, and is low-key identifying as an attack helicopter. Someone will claim one or all of those things about literally any form of media you like, if they haven't already.
>>
>>29616321
god, how did this issue managed to be so awful?
The message was so in your face that even though it would be something I would agree with in a political environment it was neither the place nor the time to talk about something like that.
There was supossed to be a story surrounding spike and luna but we received a nonsensical dragontown that did not even fit with the stablished lore from the show. ugh now I'm remembering the furry that supposedly gave nightmare moon her powers too :/
>>
File: 1402420164125.jpg (102KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1402420164125.jpg
102KB, 1600x900px
>>29613728
>Pony species up until recently outright despised each other for their race and only made truces for survival
>"Friendship" between them wasn't even conceivable until a life-or-death situation that could have exterminated all of them put it all into perspective
>Later had to have a "Master Race" rule and moderate their new union
>Even to this day, ponies are extremely xenophobic, even to other equine species. Mules and Donkeys seen as somewhat lesser creatures and the source of off-handed jokes, while other rarer types like Zebra are seen as mythical threats.
>Even then while the theme IS friendship and they quickly warm up to individual cases, massive preconceived stereotypes are perceived for almost every other race.

There's frankly a lot of depictions of racism (and classism) that goes over most people's heads in this show, but it's done so in a realistic and tasteful way, where the main characters and modern society they live in actively work to overcome it and fill it with individuals who don't fit the stereotype just like real life, which is why no one pays attention to it. It is a good commentary on human history's inseparable relationship with racism and our work in overcoming it to become a better society as a whole, and trying to censor that is both regressive as it is wrong.

As well, the show also hits a chord of realism by showing depictions of national pride, keeping minorities minorities and showing that cultural appropriation doesn't always work. It's rather amazing that it's not more vehemently attacked by the progressive left for being so honest, even when it's subtly hidden in a children's cartoon show. It actively spits in everything they claim "racism" is and where it comes from.
>>
>>29618293
Progressive leftie here. I honestly wish there was more of this kind of thing out there, so as to prepare kids for the realities of life. It's one thing to say "this thing is bad" and quite another to pretend it straightup doesn't exist or anyone who shows hints of those thoughts is pure, unredeemable evil. Hell, one of the things I liked about FiM is how upfront it was about people not always getting along - especially in the early seasons where there were still little hints that the 3 pony tribes still had a little friction too.

The lesson wasn't "good is good and bad is bad, never the two shall mix". It was "people are flawed, here's how to deal with that shit so everyone comes out better for it."
>>
File: 1452179227649.gif (233KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452179227649.gif
233KB, 1280x720px
>>29613958
this article makes me want based mom to come back to the show

why must The Biggest Bitchy Faggot be the one running (and ruining) everything?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.