[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive recently been on a nostalgia trip and because of it I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_mbjmhyEyQJ1r5tr09o6_1280.png (69KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbjmhyEyQJ1r5tr09o6_1280.png
69KB, 900x500px
Ive recently been on a nostalgia trip and because of it I've decided to start watching the show again but I have to ask, are seasons 5 and 6 even worth the watch? Will they just be disappointing?
>>
>>29605476

don't
>>
>>29605485
Pretty bad then?
>>
>>29605476
Season five was a real return to form. Mostly because Larson had the head editor role role for the first half of it. Season six was kinda eh.
>>
>>29605495
Ignore this memester >>29605485
Watch if for yourself and come to your own decision. Don't let a shitposter stop you from watching more ponies.
>>
desu Season 6 was kinda an odd ball. All seasons since then had a somewhat consistent thing they where leading up. Without trying to spoiler here, the season has an overlaying arc that is still very interesting from an overall view, yet a lot of people did not like that arc. Because for once we really had an arc that felt like it really was one to begin with. Fuck the friendship games. I still like spike tho. Do it Anon, watch more pone.
>>
>>29605476
Season 5 was fucking incredible. Season 6 was very hit and miss. For example, Spike of all people was S6's MVP.
>>
>>29605769
When you accidentally write desu. I mean damn, that is just wrong. Anyways, watch more pone, it's good for you teeth. Desu.
>>
>>29605476
Season 5 is regarded as one of the best seasons of the show.
>>
>>29605476
>spoonfeed me
>spoonfeeding it
>>
>>29605774
They were kind to Spike in that season. Finally. Hopefully, they continue to build him up.

>>29605476
I really enjoyed both 5 and 6, though they did both have weak episodes.

So just watch it, or don't. Don't be like a cat who doesn't know whether they want to go inside or not.
>>
>>29605476
Five had a lot of good episodes. Six was very uneven.
>>
>>29605792
by hasbro bandwagoning retards yeah.
>>
>>29605476
they are not, they will disappoint you
>>
>>29607037

oh hush. season 5 is considered great by anyone with a modicum of taste; it had some of the best and most compelling episodes of the series.

season 6 is still really good, don't get me wrong, OP, it just follows a very tough act.
>>
>>29607050
Wow, you're really wrong.
>>
File: Your Tears.gif (298KB, 308x373px) Image search: [Google]
Your Tears.gif
298KB, 308x373px
>>29607037
oh? tell me more about the weak episodes of season 5 and why they suck.

lets have some examples.
>>
>>29605476
>I've decided to start watching the show again but I have to ask, are seasons 5 and 6 even worth the watch
Is this the new "what's the appeal"?
>>
>>29607106
its one autistic faggot shitposting. hes smart enough to make his threads pony related so they wont simply be pruned.
>>
>>29605476
I feel you, OP, I just decided to check if /mlp/ was still active and now I feel nostalgic too
>>
>>29607091

i actually didn't like the mane attraction very much; the song was great but it was like 22 minutes of 'fuck corporate! check out this guy in a suit making beats!'
>>
>>29607126
indeed, it felt like the whole episode was written around those songs so the story was relatively weak. considering the last song was written by AKR as a farewell to the show it might not be too far off. all of the songs were very catchy though.
>>
Season 5 is decent, has some episodes you might enjoy and a few that will make you cringe. Season 6... I recommend you skip it entirely, but maybe it's better for you to check the plot summaries of the episodes and watch those that seem interesting. At the very least watch Saddle Row Review.
>>
>>29605476
Seasons 5 and 6 are more worth watching than seasons 1 and 2.

You already know the story and intro, so why force yourself through season 1? Sounds like you haven't seen 5 or 6 yet, so you should obviously try them.
>>
>>29607264
>ever recommending people skip episodes
>not wanting people to make their own judgments based on experience rather than hivemind
this isnt tumblr where you simply hide everything you dont like.
>>
>>29607152

also hi other never-caps anon.

>>29607425

*cheer*

for real. watch the entire show. and go in blind, for the love of god, abscond from this place immediately and go watch.
>>
File: 45724564626.png (457KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
45724564626.png
457KB, 800x700px
>>29607438
greetings friend
>>
>>29605476
Ignore those whiny oldfags and try em,I liked em
>>
>>29605476
Your pic says it all.
If you didn't care about seasons 4 and before, watch it. If you do, then ride is over.
After season 3 it all was "fixed" in 4 but then it got progressively worse.
>>
>>29607441

so how do you feel about glim glam?

i really like her. i think she's interesting, i just re-watched every little thing she does and it's great having a character who might never really get it -- imo.
>>
>>29607487
i really like her. for some particular moments, id say the season 5 finale when she resolved fluttershys conflict with friendship to which twilight objected. it was nice to see them show the world isnt always black and white. there is a moral gray area. i also really enjoyed her interactions with spike and trixie.

as a character, i like that shes gifted in casting magic yet struggles in some other basic areas. its good to know that there can always be someone stronger out there and that they use multiple characters who are great at a particular thing. i never liked the idea of one character (twilight) being the best at everything by default. its what keeps her from becoming a mary sue.
>>
>>29607540

one thing that hit me today was: i hope they keep progressing starlight. they keep making her better at magic, just like they did with twilight throughout EVERY EPISODE in S1.

>the season 5 finale when she resolved fluttershys conflict with friendship to which twilight objected.

wait, i don't remember this in the cutie re-mark. do i have it wrong?
>>
File: 258625.png (893KB, 1269x736px) Image search: [Google]
258625.png
893KB, 1269x736px
>>29607573
>>
>>29605476
I'd skip most of season one honestly.
That shit is full of so much fucking cringe.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.