[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Hour CYOA 12

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 1

File: 1483364224436.png (4MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1483364224436.png
4MB, 2000x1333px
It is a time of legend.
Six months passed since Celestial Siblings defeated Discord and turned him into stone, but now their glorious vision for ponykind is in ruins.
Solar and Night Guard who once have fought side by side against abominations of the chaos god are now locked in a brutal civil war.
Nightmare Moon musters her forces, Castle of Two Sisters the object of her wrath. Celestia herself waits for her wayward sister there.
As the flames of war spread through the Equestria, ponykind will be put to the ultimate test.

Catch up here: https://www.anonpone.com/dhour/

Current objectives:
-Pick up Last Word's dress from a tailor after two days (and pay 50 bits for it)
-Gather enough bits to pay your gambling debts (64/300)

Inventory:
1 'anti-hungover' potion
64 bits
Notebook

Previous thread:>>29557467
>>
Thankful for the fact that Last Word still had her diadem on, you jumped from the bed and pounced at the filly, embracing her in a tight hug.
"Stars above..." - you whispered, barely holding the tears - "I- I was so worried..."
"Uhh... me too... you're going to... strangle me..." - she wheezed, struggling under your weight.
"Oh... sorry." - you blushed, releasing your hold a bit - "So what exactly happened with you?"
"Uh, when general Phoenix started to throwing those weird tentacles all over the place I panicked. Like, seriously panicked. And then I found myself lost in the forest. And when I had finally managed to leave it the carriages were gone, so I just went back to the city. I got really lucky that refugees from Prosperity had already arrived, so I found those two nice teleporta-, teleportola-, uh, the unicorns who teleported you to the city, remember? So I found them and they took to me to captain Scarab. Then that stallion came, told me that you all are safe and general Phoenix is okay. After that both generals and that stallion talked with me for a while and I asked them to see you. But you were sleeping, so I decided not to wake you all up and take a nap." - filly eagerly replied and then began to whisper conspiratorially - "Actually I could not sleep, so I sneaked up to your room to make sure that you all were all right and then returned back to my room."
"That... went better than I expected." - you smiled - "And who is this stallion exactly?"
"I dunno, he didn't really told me his name, but he seems to be kinda important judging by the way captain Scarab talked with him."
"She is pretty clever for her age." - smirked the stallion. Then he took a couple of steps towards you and the filly, revealing his cutiemark - a three-headed serpent - "Now, Last Word, would you please leave us for a while? We need to have a private conversation."

Your actions?
>>
>>29581820
>a three-headed serpent
Well I'll a be. Alpharius Omegon, or Alpharius. Or Omegon? Dunno.
Who wants to join the alpha legion? Guys? Anons?

Greet the stallion with a salute.
>>
>>29581820
As him why he's here to talk to a private.
>>
>>29581887
>>29581970

After a couple of seconds of intense thinking you jumped on the floor and quickly saluted to the stallion:
"Sir, pardon, sir, I didn't realise that you were from the guard too! Uh, may I inquire about the reason for this conversation, sir?"
"Don't worry, I'm used to it." - stallion sounded extremely amused. After Last Word left the room he continued - "My name is Alef, from 'Alef Group'. We are a secret service for Lady Nightmare, so general population and rank and file guards had only heard mere rumors about us, though you may have a clue about our nature since you were operating under our name during your ,ision to recover the Harbinger. Now, the reason for this conversation is that you have displayed a certain set of skills that could be better used somewhere behind the frontlines. For example, while we value a well-developed self-preservation instinct in our operatives, some tasks require a certain lack of it - ponies that manage to keep their mind clean of fear in the presense of star entities while their instincts urge them to run are pretty rare. In other words - there's a potential in your team, so it was decided that from now on you'll be receiving orders from us and one of our agents would join your team and will oversee your performance. You can think about it as about probation of sorts. Oh, and I must inform you that mentioning your or other operatives' allegiance to the 'Alef Group' or compromising its existance to civilians, enemies or guards less in rank than captain will be equated to treason. Now, if you don't have any questions I would like to brief you on your next task."

Your actions?
>>
>>29582241
>For example, while we value a well-developed self-preservation instinct in our operatives, some tasks require a certain lack of it - ponies that manage to keep their mind clean of fear in the presence of star entities while their instincts urge them to run are pretty rare.

This made me laugh. I think he indirectly said "Yeah we need ballsy fucks like you that aren't afraid of shit." So questions:
-What can you tell me about agent that will join us?
-Has our other two squad mates been informed of this?
-How and where will we be receiving our orders from the Alef Group without compromising it's existence?
-What will happen to Last Word?
-What of our commanding officer?
-What and when would be our first set of orders?
-Will we have some time to recuperate after our escape from Elder territory and the fight with the Demon?
-are you single?
>>
>>29582241
>>29582495
>Now, if you don't have any questions I would like to brief you on your next task.
God damn man. Didn't you read that? Some of your questions should not be there.
Instead of saying,
>How and where will we be receiving our orders from the Alef Group without compromising it's existence?
Why not ask who will we be receiving our orders from after this? Or you know what, don't even ask the question in the first place.
If Warlock decides to use your dumb question then Frosty could make an excuse stating she's still a little tired.
>>
>>29582241
Wait/ask for Alef to debrief us on our next task.
I wonder how many other privates kick as much ass as Rime's group.
>>
>>29581812
>Pick up Last Word's dress from a tailor after two days (and pay 50 bits for it)
It has been 2 days right.
>>
>>29582241
I am ready to do whatever it takes to stop Celestia sir.
>guards less in rank than captain
I have a meta question what exactly is the rank structure of the night guard?
>>
>>29582495
>are you single?
I feel we should consult Gust before we go around flirting with folks.

Eh screw it why not seconding asking if he is single.
>>
>>29582495
>>29582976

"I have, and quite a few. First: I suppose my teammates were already informed about our reassignment?"
"Of course. I have talked to them after they woke up."
"That's good. Second question - what about our former regiment?"
"Believe me, we've means take care of it."
"Last question then. What will happen with Last Word?"
"Well, that depends on results of your next assignment." - he smirked - "And now we've reached the briefing part. Have you ever wondered where did her diadem came from? Or why Lady Nightmare spends her time chasing scattered Solar forces in the northern parts of Equestria?" - after a brief pause he continued - "It turned out that Hollows used by Solars during the burning of Prosperity were artificial ones. We managed to locate and destroy one of their training facilities in the north. The diadem, or rather the gem inside it, was created by Celestial scholars to suppress Hollows' power. Furthermore, we have learned about the facility where the transformation is conducted. Perhaps you have heard about 'Hollow Hill'?"
"The high-security prison for traitors and high-ranking Discord's cultists?"
"Exactly. Ponies who are going to rot in the prison cells for the rest of their lives. Nobody will miss them, nobody will care for them. Perfect lab rats for a certain project, don't you think?"
1/2
>>
>>29583334
2/2

"So our mission will be to infiltrate it? Wouldn't it be way over the top for us?"
"We have no intent to use our operatives as cannon fodder. You'll be disguised as a team of Solar Guards from Celestial Horsheshoes who were tasked with delivering a 'natural' Hollow to the facility. The required reports have been falsified, so you should have no trouble getting inside the facility. As far as I know, you have familiarized yourself with teleportation beacons during your latest assignment, so the mission should be pretty simple: reach the facility, activate the beacon, wait for and assist the reinforcements, which will proceed to sweep through the facility, and escape. Anticipating your next question: while our knowledge of the layout of the facility is limited, we have all reasons to suspect that there's an escape tonnel of sorts that would allow you to avoid the Solar forces sent to deal with us, if you'll move quickly enough. Of course, if you will manage to orchestrate a prison break you can try to escape through the main entrance. You'll get the required intel from your curator when you will meet him. And just to clarify - while she has authority over you, her role is mostly advisory, so you are expected to make important decisions by yourself. So, after two days, at the same time as now, a carriage will wait for you at the castle yard. It will deliver you to a Trotvale village and there our agent will find you. Until then you have time to recuperate. And since you have no questions left, I have a one for you. I couldn't help but notice your affection towards Last Word, despite her, well, being a Hollow. Could you explain what caused such emotional bonding?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29583359
That's kind of a personal question sir, but well. She may be a hollow, but she's still just a foal. A foal that lost her mother from birth, and abandoned by her father (i think). I thought it would be good for her if there was someone to care for her.
>>
>>29583359
Because she is nice and I like to see the good in people.
>>
>>29583359
I hope the Solars are lax in their discipline and security, otherwise I might be a wee bit worry about pretending to be Solar Guards from Celestial Horsheshoes (The celestial Horseshoes are a contention from the Rogal Dorn pony?)
>>
>>29583359
Is there anyway to find you or someone during these days of rest if myself or my squad mates have any further questions?
>>
I'm really liking this cyoa so far, and wanted to know something. When is it ending? I don't mean that in a rude way, I'm curious. Originally I figured it would be at the end of the war, but if the end of the war ends as it did canonically I think it would be interesting to play after the war ends too.
>>
>>29583395
>>29583421
>>29583428
>>29583791

"She's still just a foal, sir, and a nice one withal. Sure, a cursed foal, but a foal nevertheless. And I just think she deserves someone to care for her."
"I see." - he replied with an expression of a mild curiosity on his face - "Anything else you want to add?"
"Not really, sir, but I got some more questions."
"Go on." - he curtly nodded.
"Wouldn't it be a way too dangerous for us to pretend to be Solars?"
"If anything, Celestial Horseshoes' high discipline and strict adherence to the protocol will work against them now. I doubt that you'll act like one of them perfectly, but they'll swallow their suspicions since you will have papers. Besides, you wouldn't need to put a facade for more than a couple of minutes and it's really easy to disguise yourself as one of them. They are not Ultima's Mares with their countless holy texts, nor are they Thunder Pack with their crude customs."
"Thank you, sir. And is there a way I'll be able to contact you before our departure?"
"I doubt such need would arise. Plus, we don't have a fixed schedule." - he grinned - "Who knows where will I find myself next night? Anyway, time has come for us to part. Good luck, operative."
Then he walked out of the room. The next moment Last Word trotted inside, glancing back at the leaving stallion. When he had finally dissappeared from filly's eyesight, she turned towards you:
"Uh, so what are we going to do now?"

Your actions?

And that concludes chapter 2. Feel free to give feedback/ask meta and not-really-meta questions until next session.
>>
>>29584220
>ask meta and not-really-meta questions until next session.
What exactly is the rank structure of the night guard?
>>
>>29583881
Well, for starters there are kinda two canons which you could refer to, and in one of them war had never really ended.

Of course, I will not end a story instantly when the side you're fighting for wins or loses. Before I feel that I can end this CYOA, there should be almost to no loose ends left in Rime's story, so it will (probably) end with her being dead/imprisoned/exiled/having settled down somewhere.

>>29584269
I use a simplified one:
private-sergeant-lieutenant-captain-colonel-general.
Some regiments have unique elements/ranks (like Nightbringers have chaplains), but to learn about them and how do they relate to standart command chain you need to ask it in character.
>>
>>29584328
>private-sergeant-lieutenant-captain-colonel-general.
Oh wow if only captain and up are alowed to know about the new boss we must be really top secret.
>>
>>29584328
>Of course, I will not end a story instantly when the side you're fighting for wins or loses.
Good to know, I really am looking forward to how after the war questing will be like.
>>
>>29584328
How old is Last Word again?
>>
>>29584220
We are gonna save some ponys from a terrible life and deal a heavy blow to a certain tyrant. You get to help.

Say your dress should be ready now we should go pick it up.
>>
>>29584328
When we're done with the Q&A, should we let the thread die so chapter three can start on a fresh new thread?
>>
>>29584220
How long were we in training for?
>>
Emergency bump until Q & A is concluded!
>>
>>29586404
3 months (if you mean the training process after enlistment)
>>29585499
The thread has less than 30 posts. Seriously, man. And the answer is no, just in case.
>>29584545
She seems to be around 14, though you have never really asked her about her age.
>>
>>29586899
>if you mean the training process after enlistment
That is what I mean yeah.
>>
When we go to pick up the dress it is possible the tailor will want her to try it on we will have to make sure she does not remove Words diadam. We should make up some sort of lie to tell her if she trys to remove it.

Best I can come up with is saying a solar tried to torture her to death by overloading her with magic and the diadam is keeping her alive by disapating the magic.

I like that one because it keeps the diadam on and also fosters hatred of the solars among the populace but it also seems kind of far fetched so if anybody has any better ideas I am all ears.
>>
"Now we are going to pick your dress up. Hope it is ready by now."
Last Word replied with a cheerful squeak and you went to the tailor.

The dress was good, there was no doubt and Last Word spent a good ten minutes posing in front of the mirror.
You have feeled a certain sorrow after while emptying your wallet, but after looking at the ecstatic filly you couldn't help but admit that the bits you spent were worth it.
On your way out of the shop you have almost bumped into a familiar earth pony stallion.

"Oh, Andesite! Long time no see!" - you cheerfully greeted him- "So, how did your journey go?"
"It was perfectly quiet, thanks." - he reservedly replied.
"Good to hear. Do you have any non-classified info concerning Nemesis and her repairs by the way?"
"Honestly? I have no idea. Rumor is that delivery of some vital parts for Nemesis was delayed for some reason, but we hope that she'll be ready to fly in a week." - he said. Then he took a deep breath and continued - And since we have so fortunately met here, do you have about half an hour to spare? Lieutenant Ram needs a unicorn to help her with a... certain task, and, well, since she already knows you, you are one of the best candidates."

Your actions?
>>
>>29587786
Well, ok. Sure why not.
>>
>>29586899
Are we keeping the weapons and misc. that we looted from the Elder? The sawblades, poison sword, the staff, mantle, and amulet?
>>
>>29587786
And what would this certain task pertain too? If it involves unicorn pancakes then I think I'll decline the offer to spare.
>>
>>29587818
>>29587831

"Well, why not? But if it involves unicorn pancakes then I'm afraid that I'll decline your offer."
"No nothing like that." - he gave a nervous chuckle - "You see, she is an old mare. And like every old pony, she is visited by thoughts about her past sometimes. And well, I suppose you can imagine how it hurts her to think about what she had lost, so, supposedly in an attempt to remind herself that she is still pony, during our trip here she requested a dress. And dressing up a pony in her condition... let's just say that it's a delicate task that would be better performed with telekinesis instead of hooves. And I suppose she would appreciate a chance to talk to you."

Your reply?
>>
>>29587924
Between Rime and Arcane, Rime has a more control over her telekinesis as opposed to Arcane who has raw might over Rime.
I would be happy to help the Lieutenant.
>>
>>29587924
Why stop at a dress? If we or the Lieutenant had some make up on hoof we could maybe add some blush, some mascara, foundation, etc.
>>
>>29587981
>>29587972

"I would be glad to help." - you smiled - "But why stop at dress? We could add some blush or mascara..."
"For starters it may turn out to be detrimental to her health, and... well, you just have to see her outside of the suit." - he sighed - "Some corpses look better."
"Oh, well. But isn't it dangerous to take her out of her suit then?"
"She is on a... maintenance of sorts. There's more iron in her body than flesh now, and the artificial parts need to be repaired from time to time. Not to mention that we try to take care of her flesh too, though the years are taking their toll."
"Understood." - you nodded - "So, we can depart as soon as you're ready."
"Good. I just need to pick the dress up and we can move to the castle." - he sighed in relief and began walking inside the shop, but then suddenly stopped - "And one more thing. I don't really think you should take her" - he glanced at Last Word - "with you. It's not a thing little fillies should see."

Your actions?
>>
>>29588072
Oh, of course. I hope Last doesn't mind too much. We can take her back and have her stay with the others. She can show them her pretty new dress. Then again, if Last think she's filly enough to come then she can, but only if she's very serious.
>>
>>29588072
You think with a better understanding of star magic, her soul could be transfered to a new body, or into the suit?
>>
It's happening. We get to see Ram in a dress. This will be grotesquely cute.
>>
>>29588072
How long can she stay out of her armor? Can she speak without it?
>>
>>29588160
>>29588180
>>29588217

"Oh, sure. Hey, Last, don't you mind staying in your room for a while? Or you can show Arcane and Gust your new dress if you want."
"Not really." - filly shrugged - "They probably went to the canteen, by the way, so I'll probably end up there too."
"Okay." - you nodded and turned back to Andesite - "So, how long can she stay out of the armor? And can she even speak now?"
"We have constructed a hangar, for a lack of better word, at the castle's lower levels and installed a life-support system similar to the one in her suit, so theoretically she can stay there forever. And yes, she can speak, though she uses a special device for that matter."
"And do you think that in the future you'll be able to move her soul to another body, or perhaps even straight into the suit, with help of star magic? You know, when we achieve a better understanding of it."
"Star magic?" - he smiled wickedly - "You unicorns just don't know when to stop, don't you? The only think we understand about it, is that it was prohibited throughout Equestria for eons and probably for a damn good reason. What, you think Nightbringers actually understand it? No, they just learn the texts, no doubt written by some insane necromancer eons ago, which they regard as the word of their goddess instead of trying to figure out how theis magic works. Where is the guarantee that their souls are not condemned after the first rite they commence?"
"Lunar Magi seem to actually study the star magic tho." - you objected.
"Have you seen Lunar Magi marching side by side with demons then? No. Even they understand the danger and refrain from using it, while the zealots are gleefully driving civilians to sacrificial altars." - he looked at your shocked face with a hint of disbelief - "Don't tell me that you haven't heard news from Colth."

Your actions?
>>
>>29588312
Eeeenope. Can't say I have. But do tell me more.
>>
>>29588312
>"Don't tell me that you haven't heard news from Colth."
Maybe you can refreshen my memory.
>>
>>29588312
Is it really gonna happen? Are we shipping Rime with Ram?
>>
>>29588312
So, again, which side is the bad guys here?
>>
>>29588643
Can you be a little more specific anon before you say something stupid?
>>
>>29588348
>>29588401

"Can't say I have, but I would be glad to learn."
"Basically they wiped out the civilian population, condemning them in 'heresy'. Eye for an eye, you may say, since Lightning Rush did the same with Prosperity, right? Not in this case. I will not even say that we're not supposed to kill our own population, that we're not fighting Discord anymore, but our own kin! And as if it was not enough, they turned the city in a giant sacrificial circle, unleashing hordes of demons and even summoning some dragon-sized ones. Actually, I would have admired their strategy, if it was not utterly disgusting - every enemy you kill will serve as a fuel to summon more and more demons." - he smirked.
You stood speechless for a couple of seconds and then Andesite spoke again:
"I can only hope that these superstitious bastards will be next after Solars."

Your reaction?
>>
And that's it for today, thanks for participating!

>>29588643
>bad guys
History is written by the winners.
>>
>>29588884
Then let's make sure those without demons win :^)
>>
Fuck I fell asleep before todays session I understand why that one guy used to complain about it now is frustrating as fuck.
>>
>>29588862
Well if the nightbringers are indeed next on the chopping block I will be glad to fight them alongside you.
>>
>>29589530
Also get mad do those idiots not understand the importance of public opinion we may end up with a riot on our hands when the news disperses around the city.
>>
>>29589530
>>29590264
Dude. Anon. What the absolute fuck. We were just working with them not too long ago. Sure they're as zealous as they come, but they still mean well.
>>
>>29590425
Dude what
>>
>>29590425
I don't think we ever liked them. We certainly did not approve of them taking whole familys to the labor camps for the actions of a single member (weren't we going to talk to Perturbation about that).
Also did you miss that they killed an entire town of civilians.

I do hope we do not have to kill any of the ones we have met though it will hurt to do so.
>>
>>29590639
>I do hope we do not have to kill any of the ones we have met though it will hurt to do so.
To add onto this I am especially gratefull to that first guy we met in the caves it is thanks to him that we have a sexy bat girlfriend (not that she was not sexy before just even more sexy now)
If we do end up fighting him hopefuly we will be able to tell him there are no hard feelings or something.
>>
Looks like you're on page 10
>>
A
>>
>>29590639
>Hears a bad thing about somebody
>Instantly assumes that it is truth
It's like ifag doesn't know what rumors are.

Also
>never liked them
>especially grateful; it will hurt to do so
Contradicitng opinions, anyone?
Frosty didn't meet any other Nightbringers besides Dawn and his subordinates, you know?
And had it occured to you that Dawn is the commander of the Nightbringers forces in the city, so he is the one responsible for labor camps?
>>
>>29592107
Ifag is gone anon he will not be back for almost 2 months.
>>
>>29592392
You are either extremely naive or ifag himself.
He was the only one who wanted to talk about labor camps (with almost the same words).
And he was the only one who was dyslexic enough to write ponys instead of ponies.
>>
>>29592107
If it was a rumor he would have said as such jesus fucking christ anon it is clear the nightbringers have gone off the deep end.
>>
>>29588862
Just as I was starting to like them to.
>>29589530
>>29590264
Then say these.
>>
>>29588862
Ok wow. That's really fucked up. Effective but still fucked up. Whatever. Beggers can't be choosers. In times of war, people will sometime do what they can to ensure victory. It's either them or us, you know? I'm not defending them or anything, just trying to understand why the did it.

>>29590264
I think it already has if Andesite already knows about it.

>>29590639
>(weren't we going to talk to Perturbation about that).
I think we already did talk to her about the camp.
>We certainly did not approve of them taking whole familys to the labor camps for the actions of a single member
We didn't? Huh. Whatever.
>I do hope we do not have to kill any of the ones we have met though it will hurt to do so.
Fuck you. Kill em all or none at all. Don't go half assed you shit.

>>29590792
Oh yeah. I forgot that Argent Dawn was the first Nightbringer we meet.
>>
>>29588862
Ha ha for a moment there I thought Andesite was refering to the Lunar Magee, not the Nightbringers.
>>
>>29594695
*mages
>>
>>29588862
S-so about that dress you were going to get the lieutenant?
>>
>>29594065
>>29594692
>>29595004
>>29590639

"That's ...fucked up." - was your first reply - "Though you can't deny their effectiveness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them and if they'll continue sacrificing civilians I'll be glad to put their atrocities to an end."
"Their usefulness is the only reason for tolerating them. Or at least I hope so." - he grunted.
"I just can't understand why are they are doing it. And not with prisoners, but with civilians! Shouldn't it provoke riots and general unrest?"
"Do you think they need any reason beside voices in their heads? And about riots - have you heard about ponies in territories under Celestia's control rioting because of what happened in Prosperity? No. Though I should admit that if not for this whole demon buisness they would be, well, tolerable. Solar Church is pretty chill with public executions too, and I will not even mention Night Haunter and Lightning Rush - these... they are worth each other."
"So, uh, about that dress you were going to get the lieutenant?" - you tried to change the topic.
"Yes, you're right." - he sighed - "A moment, please."
Then he have walked inside the shop and emerged from it after about a minute, carrying a dress on his back.

Do you want to talk to Andesite or Last Word during your way to the castle?
>>
>>29595084
Last Word. Ask her what she wants to do after the war. She'll probably need to attend school or be home schooled by someone. Yeah I think she's supposed to stay within the Castle for a while to better understand her innate ability.
>>
>>29595084
So Rime is walking without her armor right?
>>
>>29595084
>Are we keeping the weapons and misc. that we looted from the Elder? The sawblades, poison sword, the staff, mantle, and amulet?
Or did they finally take them for research?
>>
>>29595084
Can Rime make a snow golem?
>>
>>29595123
>>29595156

"Hey, Word." - you asked the filly - "I wonder, what would you want to do after the war ends?"
"Uh, I... I never really thought about it. The stallion told me that after the war I'll probably be trated and, that there's a chance I can become a normal pony, so if it would work out..." - she wistfully glanced at the perpetually twilight sky - "I want to learn magic. It's just so... I mean - being able to do all the cool stuff with only your horn, holding things in your mighty telekinesis instead of hooves and mouth..."
You couldn't help but notice Andesite smirking at this words, but decided to ignore it.
"That's a good aspiration." - you smiled at the filly - "I'm sure Arcane would be glad to teach you after we deal with that crazy tyrant."
"Yeah, I hope. " - she replied with a sudden sadness in her voice - "Just stay safe, okay?"
"Don't worry, that's the thing I do best." - you produly grinned.

Near the end of your way you quickly pondered about the fate of the things you took from the deer - perhaps they were not yet taken by Lunar Magi for research, though you doubted that you'll be able to use them during your next assignment regardless - Solar Guards with deer weapons would look suspicious to say the least.
When you reached the castle, you said farewells to Last Word and Andesite led you to the lower levels of the castle.
After a couple of minutes you had reached what only could be described as a hangar of sorts, the doors and walls were made of, or at least covered by some kind of metal. And there were many doors, both probably fit for military engines and seemingly designated for pony staff.
Andesite trotted to one of the smaller doors and knocked on it:"Lieutenant Seer, I'm back!"
1/2
>>
>>29595575
2/2

A couple of seconds later the door opened and a sleepy earth pony stallion appeared in red robes appeared in the doorframe:
"So you have finally found one?" - he muttered to himself and then turned towards you:
"All right, I suppose Andesite had already explained you the situation. There's actually only one rule - don't touch anything until you're explicitly told to and be extremely careful when doing what you're asked to do."
"Understood, sir!" - you eagerly saluted.
"Good. I'll unlock the gate now." - he muttered and closed the door.
One of the big doors opened and you walked inside, only to find yourself in a wide corridor filled with similar sized doors. Red gems shined above every but one door, where, you guessed, lieutenant Ram was. You and Andesite walked towards the door, which began sliding open when you approached it.

A pony, though she looked more like a withered, hairless cadaver, stood in the middle of the spacious room. You have noticed an armored window on one of the walls, behind which was a control room of some sorts. Lieutenant Seer was there, carefully observing you. Shaking your head a bit, you stepped inside the room, staring at Battering Ram's true form. Lower half of her body replaced by a crude metalic prosthesis and she also possessed an artificial foreleg and a metal plate covered half of her face, a bright red gem gleaming brightly at the place where an eye was supposed to be. Some kind of a respirator covered her muzzle. Numerous wires and tubes were connecting mare's natural parts and some strange devices, which purpose was a mystery for you.
"Ah, here you are." - a surprisingly powerful voice came from the ancient warrior. After a moment of confusion you guessed that the respirator on her muzzle doubled as a voice amplifier, or perhaps something similar to it. While you were pondering on mare's speech capability, she continued - "It's always nice to see a familiar face."

Your actions?
>>
>>29595586
Sad bump
>>
>>29589491
Ah fuck I did it again.
>>
>>29595586
FUCK! This is why we asked for someone we could go to if we had more questions.
How the FUCK are we going to bring an ascended pegasus with us?
>>
>>29596641
Er, don't vocalize this. It's a secret.
>>
>>29595586
Shit where has everybody been the last few days its not just this quest I have noticed a few cyoa lacking players.
Tell her it is nice to see her again and get to work.
>>
>>29595586
Lieutenant? Is that you? I was not expecting any of this.
>>
>>29596727
The fuck were you expecting.
Shit this is tamer then what I was expecting.
>>
>>29596767
So what were you expecting then, if her current state is tame for you?
>>
>>29595586
I'd go for a hug but... well, let's just wave our hoof at her as a sign of happiness.
>>
>>29595586
We have the dress, ma'am
>>
>>29595586
Wow. This is amazing.
>>
>>29596641
Yeah I was wondering that myself. We will have to ask arcane if he knows a spell that can disguise her (be sad to those sexy wings hidden though).
>>
>>29598221
>>29597466
>>29596727

"Uh, nice to meet you too, lieutenant." - you cracked a smile and waved your forehoof a bit - "We've brought a dress, as you requested."
"Thanks. And don't bother with this facade." - her head slightly jerked and numerpos wires stirred a bit - "I know that I look like shit."
"Not at all!" - you hastily protested - "I, uh, just wasn't expecting, well, any of this."
"And what exactly did you expect to see, huh?" - her mechanic voice sounded threatening. Perhaps because of that she continued a moment later - "No offense, only keen interest."

Your actions?
>>
>>29600988
Something much better or much worse I am mostly just surprised by the medium nature of the injurys.
You know we got Word a new dress today to.
>>
>>29600996
Mentioning Words dress is a good idea, she wants to feel normal and knowing she is not the only one getting a dress today should help with that.
>>
>>29600988
Thats the thing, i didnt know what to expect. I kind of knew you were heavily injured, but I did not know the severity of your injuries. And all this with the metal and stuff everywhere? Wow.
>>
>>29600988
Ask Andesite to let Rime see the dress. Best to familiarize herself with it so she know how to carefully fit the lieutenant into it. Like if there are straps, a zipper, if we need to move her legs through something.
>>
>>29601028
>>29601350
>>29601354

"I... just never thought about it. I just was, uh, surprised?" - you tried to explain - "I mean, I didn't know what exactly happened to you, so..."
"Don't worry. I can tell you a story later if you care. Damn, telling stories was the only thing I was doing since my confinement, aside from fighting of course." - she assured you - "Just don't think too hard about my appearance."
"Okay, ma'am. So, time to get you dressed up?"
"Sure." - she succinctly replied.
"Design is pretty simple." - said Andesite, turning his back towards you so you could levitate the dress from it - "Plus she was, well, lucky to not have any wires connected to her hind part."
"So we wouldn't need to move her?"
"Yes." - he nodded - "We were lucky to find one and not having it to be ordered."
"After that you should take a mirror from that small crate on your left. " - lieutenant Seer's voice came from the speaker at one of the room corners - "Andesite left it there when he was taking measurements."
"Understood." - you replied, levitating the dress from Andesite's back. Then you walked towards the ancient mare:
"Do you remember Last Word? The unicorn filly that traveled with us?" - you inquired, trying not to stare too hard at her morbid form.
"Go on." - Ram replied. During your conversation her head barely moved and her stillness was becoming unnerving, but you understood that she probably was in no condition to move on her own.
"Really? The world is full of coincidences, eh?"
"Perhaps." - you shrugged, finishing the dressing process. Sure, dress drooped from the metallic carcass, but it looked nice, in some weird, creepy way. Satisified with your work, you have telekinetically picked up the mirror and levitated it before the gem installed in her head.
"Pretty good for a six hundred year old corpse, huh?" - was her response after a brief examination. After that some inarticulate sounds left the respirator, perhaps her attempt at chuckling.

Your actions?
>>
>>29601468
I did not realize you were that old is that why you have been telling a lot of storys? So how did you get so mangled I bet the enemy took some pretty heavy losses before they took you down.
>>
>>29601468
For six hundred years I'd say you are doing exceedingly well ma'am.
>>
>>29601468
What else would the lieutenant wish to do? Make small talk? Take a picture? If the lieutenant had a picture of herself before her mortal injury, would she like Rime to sculpt a life like replica?
>>
>>29601468
Ask Ram what she likes to do for fun.
>>
>>29601535
>>29601551
>>29601605

"For six hundred years I'd say you are looking exceedingly well, ma'am. Could you tell what you were doing during all this time? I imagine you were quite bored?"
"As I said - stomping enemies of Olympia and recounting stories of old and not-so-good days to youth from time to time. But most of the time I was sleeping, else I would have gone completely bonkers. But yes, recounting the same tale for a hundredth time is going to annoy and bore anyone. And believe me, I know a lot of tales. Me, as well as other 'venerable warriors', are doubling as keepers of Olympian lore, as you may have already guessed."
"Speaking of stories - maybe there's a picture of you before the injury? Maybe I could try to sculpt a replica or something like that?"
"Thanks, but there's a bunch of statues back at Olympia. A small comfort me, but still. So, want to listen the tale of my, well, confinement?"
"I would be glad to."
"Have you ever heard about adamantine?" - she asked.
"Not really." - you admitted.
"It is a rare metal. Weights less than cloth and is stronger than steel, doesn't melt in magma and has a bunch of magical properties. But to mine it, one should excercise extreme caution." - she stopped for a while - "Long, long time ago, there were earth ponies who worshipped a certain divine entity dubbed Armok. Now, looking back at it, I find their teachings quite similar to ones practiced by Discordian cultists, but back at the time nobody heard of the mad god. But I digress, back to Armok. He was believed to be a god of strife and conflict, a god of both creation and destruction. They said that while he was forging our world onto his anvil, sparks from his hammer were falling on the freshly formed earth, burning their way through the layers of stone."
1/2
>>
>>29601879
2/2

"These sparks were like eggs, containing a manifestation of Armok's nature - horrible, unnatural creatures which simply could not exist. Armok didn't notice them at the time and proceeded to fill the world with ponies and other creatures. But after crashing down most of them broke and these monstrosities - who again are quite reminiscent of Discord's spawns - began crawling under the sky, Armok decided that having them slaughter all the inhabitants would be no fun, so at first he gathered the demons and put sweeped them back beneath the earth. But it would not have solved the problem, merely delayed it and so he created a new substance, imbued with his power - adamantine. He poured the aqua-colored ore into the holes, thus preventing the monstrosities from escaping. You may ask - why did I tell about this? Here is the answer: while adamantine may or may nor be created by some divine entity, the fact that under each vein of adamantine there is a cavern with a bunch of bloodthirsty abominations was confirmed again and again by numerous earth pony miners. Many knew of the peril, but had decided to try regardless. A few were wise enough to stop early enough before unleashing their own doom and even fewer have managed to cleanse the cavern from the monsters, getting a worthy price - even more adamntine at its walls. Olympia was - and is - a big city with a strong military, so when our miners had found the vein, little to no ponies tried to object to mining it. I was decided to lead the assault at that cavern. We fought hard, and the tale of our deeds during that battle is a story in its own. After countless hours the last beast fell under swings of our hammers and I decided to pose on top of one of the dead beasts, to give a reference for the sculptors, you know?" - she fell silent for a moment - "It turned out that the beast was not really dead."

Your reply?
>>
Empty bump, because I need to catch up. Suggestion later.
>>
>>29601883
Must have hurt did you at least get the adamantine in the end?
>>
>>29601883
Okay now, I'm ready. Well, that surely is an interesting story, and with kind of valuable lesson. don't be too greedy and don't celebrate victory before you're completely sure of it. Let's keep it in our mind quietly, and express sadness over the fact that she was mauled by some sort of unholy spawn. So, it was then that they gave her all the metal thingamajigs and pipes?
>>
>>29602946
Fuck pretend I remembered to put some puncuation in there.
>>
>>29601883
Oh damn
>>
>>29601883
With every story holds a lesson of sorts. You have my condolences. Did you kill the beast afterwards? How was the first few months in your sarcophagus armor like?
>>
>>29601883
What's Olympia like?
>>
>>29601883
By chance does your armor contain adamantine? It sure would be cool if we had our own adamantine, some tool or weapon.
>>
>>29602979
Rude
>>
>>29601883
Eat out Ram's pussy.
>>
>>29604759
I feel that is utterly inappropriate right now.
>>
>>29605519
Yeah no shit? Sorry, I was just shit posting.

>>29601883
You know I don't thing a mane implant or graft would be too invasive to her metal parts.
>>
>>29601883
Does Ram have any of her stories written down a having someone write down everything as she retails things that she knows?
>>
>>29602946
>>29602979
>>29603347
>>29603432
>>29603448
>>29606078

"Well, my condolences. But you got adamantine in the end, right?"
"Of course. And the statue was great, too. Cold comfort, but still."
"Is there any chance that I might get some adamantine gear for myself?"
"Tough luck, such gear is made by special request only. You see, the processing of adamantine is weird and overly complicated and the final output is pretty low. Plus, I suspect most of adamntine we possessed had been already spent on various tools and weapons, so good luck persuading the current owners to share."
"So then they put you into the suit? How were you first months?"
"Try to guess. To say that lack of bodily sensations was unnerving is to say nothing. But, I got used to it over time. Proper medication, long sleep and contact with others ponies, both like me and normal - it all helped. I suppose that they made us lorekeepers not even for the sake of others, but for our own."
"And speaking of stories - are you the only one who remembers them?"
"Of course not! In Olympia we wrote numerous books, sculpted statues, carved images on the walls... well, you got it."
"Olympia is your home city, right?"
"Home city of almost everyone from the Steel Regiment. There are couple exceptions, though."
"So what does it look like? It should have been a pretty big city, and a damn well-defended one if it stood against Discord for so long."
"Don't even say. A genuine mountainhome, with wide corridors, enormous halls and everywhere there are either statues or engravings, depicting literally everything - from ancient myths of creation to a promotion of somebody to a position of militia commander. Olympia is - and always was - a home for numerous smiths, jewelers, masons and other craftsponies and since we isolated ourselves from outer world when Discord came, thus losing an opportunity to trade, Olympia gradually became more like an art gallery."

Anything else you want to talk about?
>>
>>29606741
Say you would love to visit one day after Celestia is defeated.

Ask her if she has any stories about deer or diamond dogs.

I am tempted to talk to her about Colth but I am unsure if it is a good idea for her to get angry in her harness. If anybody else wants to talk to her about it I would not object though.
>>
>>29606741
Ask her if she heard what those bastered nightbringers did at Colth if she has not tell her about it.

If she seems angry about it echo what Andesite said about hoping they would be the next target after Celestia is dealt with.
>>
>>29606766
>>29606783

"Do you know any stories about doamond dogs or deer by the way?" - you inquired.
"Well, the Tunnel Wars is a saga in its own right, and that's only the wars Olympians waged. There's really much to tell there. And deer? Why are you even interested in them? Nothing but annoying, nature-loving pricks. Some of the ancient fortresses had a misfortune of having their settlements in close proximity, and deer occasionally sent an ambassador or caravan to them. 'Please, don't cut so many trees there, it harms the natural balance', 'Please trade your metal tools for these useless wooden analogs or berries, because we don't bother with mettalurgy', 'Please, don't kill all these nice monsters in the caverns, they are living creatures too', 'Please, don't drown our ambassadors in magma'. Mighty annoying, I say."

"Well, yeah." - you chuckled uncomfortably - "Also, have you heard about theb attle of Colth?"
"I am kinda unaware of current events. So what happened there?"
"Nightbringers sacrificed almost whole civilain population for their summoning rituals." - Andesite explained.
"And Lightning Rush ate dozen foals during the assault on Prosperity." - you heard a mocking voice of lieutenant Seer - "Refugees are overexaggerating, as expected. Sure, there was a summoning and sure, the casualties were high, but what did you expect, Andesite? It's an urban warfare for you."
"With all due respect sir, that looks like a thing they could and would do." - he replied.
"Andesite, please. They are Celestia-damned church. Do you think they have no idea how public relations works? Plus, honestly, how many demons do you think they summoned, apart from big ones? If they were really sacrificing civilians, we could get Night Guard completely replaced by demonic warriors by now."

Anything else you want to talk about?
>>
>>29607075
Well I hope you are right lieutenant Seer, we are going to need all the goodwill we can get among the civilian populace to smooth the transition to a new ruler. Dam nightbringers themselves are probably going to be to busy trying to convert former sun worshipers to pay attention to what people think of them.

So Ram have you ever fought a dragon.
>>
>>29607075
>we could get Night Guard completely replaced by demonic warriors by now
Well Nightbringers are at it now. Soon, boyo, we will be overwhelmed.
>>
>>29607110
Seconding asking if she has ever faced a dragon.
>>
>>29607075
>They are Celestia-damned church. Do you think they have no idea how public relations works?
You know it. Ram understands me.

>>29607121
Bitch I hope you weren't serious, because that was supposed to be a secret. If we start a civil war now amongst our own then we will lose this war you sack of shit.
>>
>>29607418
wait is that what anon was blabbering about
>>29607121
if that is indeed what you meant do not mention the half demon nature of those nightbringers.
>>29607418
>You know it. Ram understands me.
I am not sure what you mean by this though?
>>
>>29607423
>wait is that what anon was blabbering about
Um, I don't quite follow. Exactly what do you remember?

>I am not sure what you mean by this though?
Ram believing the Nightbringers are aware of social relations. They're not stupid, else they would be part of the war or used more as cannon fodder. Plus they constantly work civilians to uproot heretics.
>>
>>29607423
Sure, maybe >>29607121 this anon was joking about mentioning the Nightbringers secret to everyone in the room and starting a civil war, but if that were the case then they shouldn't have responded to the prompt.
>>
>>29607446
>Um, I don't quite follow. Exactly what do you remember?
>>29607121
I was unsure what this meant.
>Ram believing the Nightbringers are aware of social relations
ram has not spoken on the matter yet
>Plus they constantly work civilians to uproot heretics
that is precisely why they are a problem for public relations we want civilians to settle into luner rule but nightbringers trying to push there religion will just cause rebellion.
>>
To clarify - do you want to say anything else except asking Ram about dragons?
>>
>>29607468
Yeah. Did she ever date fellow venerable warriors?
>>
I was not serious jeez
>>
>>29607463
Also I really think we should believe the nightbringers really did sacrifice Colth. A consistent trait of our character so far has been trusting things we learn at face value. We believed luna pretty much right away about her sister and we let that guys son go pretty quickly when he said he was separate from his father. not believing Andesite would be slightly ooc.
>>
>>29607468
we cannot seem to agree on if we should believe Colth really was sacked so lets just say we hope Lieutenant Seer is right and go to asking about the dragons.
>>
>>29607481
which post was yours this whole conversation has got a little confusing?
>>
>>29607484
then again those could be described more as a general trusting nature then trusting learnt knowledge which would not really apply here.
>>
>>29607496
Yeah it is more that she is trusting then just taking things at face value and here we have 2 people saying something difrent so trust is useless there. best to just say you hope it did not really happen.
>>
>>29607488
This works.
>>
Oh jesus fuck looking over the posts I have made recently there are typos everywhere, I am gonna have a big sleep.
>>
>>29607484
Yeah but Ram had a point about the civilians and the rumors. Where did Andesite even hear about this anyways? If he says he heard it from civilians it'll make he seem less credible.
All I'm saying? If we want to know what happened at Cloth we should ask some of the people that were there. Like the Nightbringers.
>>
>>29607516
What about Rime being optomistic instead of taking everything to the face of value.
>>
>>29607538
Seer and Ram are different ponies.
>>
>>29607537
Bitch get some coffee.
>>
>>29607554
Fuck I miss read that. But the point stands about the civilians most likely exaggerating and twisting what actually happened, and that we should as the Nightbringers about it. The further down the grapevine it goes, the more diluted it becomes.
>>
>>29607468
Ask Ram is she only wants to talk, or why she can't use make up. Also, mane grafting and or implants. Seriously.
>>
>>29607468
Continuing from >>29607574
And maybe apply come cosmetic spells, implants, cybernetics (she's already have dozens), maybe surgery to help improve her appearance if modern medicine is advanced enough.
>>
>>29607570
>>29607574
>>29607488
>>29607519
>>29607594

"Uh, okay, new topic then. Have you ever fought a dragon?"
"Nope. When I was born, Olympia had already been isolated, and as you can guess, dragons like their caverns to have exits leading under the sky instead of another cavern. And after the confinement... well, let's say that due to my lack of mobility I stand even less chance against them than when I was mostly made of flesh and blood."
You quietly examined Battering Ram before asking the next question.
Perhaps, if not for the insane amount of wires connected to her head, she could get something like mane graft - it would surely make her look better. Not that she leaves her suit often though. You pondered for a while about how would she look after some make up - after all, it was designed for ponies who still
"Couldn't you give her some better prosthesises?" - you finally asked Seer.
"She requires something more than limb prosthesises to function adequately." - lieutenant Seer explained - "Her internal organs are way too damaged, and unfortunately modern healing magic has no way to replace them. Also, I must admit that we don't really know how the life support system works, so cutting her off for more than couple of minutes will surely kill her. It entwines with her body in some extremely complex way."
"Don't you have some spare suits to reverse-engineer? And what about the system installed here?"
"Taken from Olympia. And last suit was put into use four hundred and thirty-eight years ago."
"But aren't there any blueprints left? Or anything?"
"Only partial schematics remain. Olympia had regularly suffered natural disasters, was attacked by Discord's spawns, and I will not even mention internal conflicts. Many knowledge have been lost."
"That's regrettable." - you sighed.
"Don't even say. Although, when everything settles down, we might try to start a research program and- A moment, please."

1/2
>>
2/2

You glanced at the window and noticed that another earth pony entered Seer's room. The lieutenant hastily saluted and both ponies began a conversation, which you were unable to hear, since the lieutenant had deactivated the loudspeaker.
"What's the ruckus?" - Battering Ram inquired, her head slowly turning towards the window.
"Supporters of the old tyrant have rebelled, demanding the restoration of isolation." - with a hint of surpris you noticed that the voice full of sorrow belonged to captain Hoofsou - "They claim that tithes are too high and this war took too many our lives. Since we're not going to assault Canterlot any time soon, we're returning to Olympia to suppress the rebellion."
"These... short-sighted morons... I thought we dealt with them for good." - while Ram's mechanical voice showed no emotion, her body was shaking ever so slightly - "When we're leaving?"
"You are staying here." - replied Seer - "In your current state I can not simply allow you to enter the battlefield, not to mention that interrupting the maintenance may be extremely dangerous at the moment."
"You... you have no right to do this!" - ancient warrior's voice sounded louder than usual.
"I have every damned right." - it seemed like Seer was already losing his patience - "And I am doing it for your own sake."

Your actions?
>>
>>29608187
Wait. What does Seer mean by a rebellion? Inquire more about this.
>>
>>29608187
Maybe you will get to fight something here while they are gone.
>>
>>29608187
Maybe if we obtain the secrets or the corpse of one of those iron hooves ponies and their cybernetics, more venerable warriors may have the opportunity to operate without their armor. Just a though.
>>
>>29608187
Isolation can be pretty shitty. It can lead to stagnation. And being cramped in Olympia - No matter how grand and awe inspiring I hear it to be - does not sound too good.
>>
>>29608187
>"When we're leaving?"
Is it "when we're leaving" or "when are we leaving?" The latter sounds better to me but I don't trust myself to know.
>>
>>29609107
The second one, sorry for mistake.
>>
>>29609126
Sometimes always here to correct or patronize you.
>>
>>29609089
>>29608827

"Lieutenant? What do you mean by rebellion?" - you inquired.
"When lady Lu-Nightmare first came to Olympia" - Ram started, still glaring at the window - "She asked the old tyrant to join her in the war against Discord. The bastard refused. When Perturbation - a commander of Olympiam military at the time - learned about it, she quickly staged a coup and pledge allegiance to lady Nightmare's cause. There were voices of protest, but Perturbation was widely respected by common folks due to her feats of arms and she naturally had support of military. Despite our isolation, we still suffered greatly from Discord's foul spawns, so that satisfied most of the malcontent ones. But now, when we are away, they decided that it is a perfect opportunity to seize back the power."
"But why do they want to separate from Equestria? I mean - isolation usually means stagnation and being cut out from the outer world sounds pretty bad for me." - you asked.
"Why do you think we follow lady Perturbation, huh?" - eagerly replied Andesite - "Exactly because we understand it. And these old farts think that we can survive a thousand years more..."
"But even if not a random disaster, then inbreeding will kill us." - smirked Seer - "But you see, it's not an immediate problem for most of the ponies. The fact that we're forced to work not for ourselves, but for some other ponies? The fact that strongest sons and daughters of Olympia are dying in the war none of them wanted? That's enough for them."
"Don't forget that when lady Perturbation kicked that son-of-a-mule out, most of the nobles lost their positions of power." - Andesite continued - "They could not get support of the general population when we were fighting Discord - they would have looked insane - but now?" - he sighed - "It's going to get bloody."

Your actions?
>>
>>29609586
You would think these idiots would realise that if Celestia wins she will not allow them to stay isolated that is a perfectly good reason to support our efforts.
You best get going it would be a disaster to lose another wonderful city after what happened to prosperity.
>>
>>29609586
I don't think these tyrant supporters understand how bad they will have it on the chance the solution tyrant wins.
>>
>>29609854
Well they don't support celestia they just want to lock themselves away. but otherwise yes.
I think I prefer the way >>29609625 phrased it though.
>>
>>29610212
Then again I suppose we can add that they don't understand how bad celestial rule will be for them in general. The vain bitch will probably cover up all the carvings with pictures of herself.
>>
>>29609625
>if Celestia wins she will not allow them to stay isolated
It is extremely unlikely but on the off chance one of them disputes this point out that celestia is incredibly greedy, nothing is ever enough for her she had everything a pony could ever want and still she demanded more she was not even content with the length of the day. If breaking her sisters heart was not enough to stop her some fancy defenses are not going to stop her from drilling through the stone.
>>
>>29609586
May I ask what is the estimated time until the maintenance work is finished? I know this is crazy, and please hear me out, but maybe you won't need force if you can convince them not to rebel?
No no that's a dumb idea. If I were in lieutenant Ram's shoes I'd want to be shipped out as soon as I was ready.
>>
>>29609586
So will you kill this tyrant when you make it to Olympia?
>>
We should ask Ram what he first mission inside the suit was.
>>
>>29613253
*what her first
>>
>>29613253
Are you implying you want her to stay and finish the maintenance on her suit before she does anything? Because that's what it sounds like.
>>
10!
>>
2x10!
>>
>>29613340
What else can she do.
>>
10!
>>
>>29618256
4x10!
>>
Bump for learning from our elders.
>>
>>29609586
Do poners go through estrus?
>>
Just realized something. That one anon that was against tattling on the Nightbringers. Everyone now knows about their transformation thingy.
>>
>>29620406
How so? Summoning demons is in no way the same as becoming one.
>>
Sorry for not being able to run, probably there will be a session tomorrow.

Have this one-shot as an apology:
http://pastebin.com/Qgb20sH9
>>
>>29620595
>>
>>29621071
>>
>>29620595
Light sigil is malcador right?
>>
>>29622266
Yes.
>>
Perchance
>>
Mayhaps
>>
>>29620595
That was pretty good a nice insight into celestias personality.
How much Rime know about this?
>>
>>29624981
*how much would Rime know.
>>
>>29625444
Probably nothing or very little.
It's good to get the reference for once.
>>
>>29625974
Such a wide setting you never know who will get what refrences.
Thise dwarf fortress refrences intrest me though i assumed the eldeer fall was a lot longer ago then what Rams tales would indicate.
>>
>>29625974
Here is what is known to Rime about the event (since it was quite significant one):

Born from the ashes of one of the numerous towns desolated by Discord's spawns, city of Diarchia was chosen to be a place of worship of Celestial Siblings by general Golden Word. It had quickly became a religious center of Equestria, attracting numerous piligrims and clergyponies.
But such place could not avoid religious strife. From time to time conflucts between various factions broke out in Diarchia. Five months before the banishment of Discord one of such conflicts had turned into an open confrontation between followers of Solar and Lunar cults, which soon engulfed the entire population of the city. Local guard forces were unable to deal with riots, and thus Ultima's Mares and Nightbringers, as the most religious regiments, hurried to the burning city.
Forces of general Robust Guile have reached Diarchia first, and the Solar general, after her demands for compliance were ignored by rioting population, ordered to clear the city. Ultima's Mares swept through Diarchia, driving civilians out of the city while killing everyone who dared to resist.
When Golden Word had finally arrived, she confronted Robust Guile on the ruins of her greatest creation. They would have surely came to blows, if not for intervention of princess Celestia. She chastised Nightbringers for their religious fervor, making Ultima's Mares witnessess of their humiliation.

The mutual disrespect between Lunar and Solar cults, which followed the humiliation, transfered to the general population and many refugees from Diarchia were made martyrs by their respective confessions, spreading the tales of atrocities commited by another side.

After a couple of days Princess Luna confronted her sister. No records of their conversation exist, but the rumor is that while Luna was outraged by Celestia's chastising of her subordinate, she showed little to no concern for the fate of Diarchia itself.
>>
>>29620595
And then Gold reached a level of rage where she unlocked her latent psychic abilities, putting her on part with Siglis and Vision.
>>
>>29620595
Although I am not one of the people who thinks luna was lying about her sister turning into a tyrant if I was I would wonder if maybe the truth was that luna wanted to be worshiped. I doubt it though
>>
>>29626163
Interesting.
>>
>>29626163
>rumors
Botch plez. Those rumors could have been created by those dirty Sol's.
>>
>>29626975
I would say the rumors paint Luna in a good light she did not care for worship just like Celestia.
>>
Hmmmm
>>
>>29628052
>>
>>
Should we keep the thread on the board or let it die?
>>
>>29630412
Dunno
>>
>>29630855
I can as well keep it. QM will definitely feel better.
>>
"So you're going to kill the tyrant then?" - you asked.
"We should have killed him long ago." - Andesite grunted - "And now, because of our mercifulness and his short-sightedness, we're going to turn our own city into the graveyard."
"And you want me to just stay there?!" - you winced, as Ram's voice hammered into your head.
"Venerable one, with all due respect..." - Seer tried to protest, but was quickly interrupted.
"I don't need your damn respect! I need my armor and I need it now!"
"...don't make me sedate you." - Seer finished with a sigh.
"You. Will. Not. Dare." - wires and tubes around ancient warrior's body began to shake.

Your actions?
>>
>>29630978
Calm them both down. See reason, Ram, you need some time to heal. Then you can go and aid your comrades. Just a short time to rest. Can Seer enhance the process?
>>
>>29630978
Suggest a comprimise they go off to the city and if they capture him alive Ram can be the one to execute him.

Remark that you hope there is a public execution, you were disappointed to learn Celestia would most likely not have one but this is the next best thing.
>>
>>29630984
"Lieutenant Seer, maybe there is a way to accelerate the healing process?" - you asked.
"Perhaps, but there is a certain risk that her body will not withstand the process. Besides, it still would not be fast enough." - Seer replied.
"We can spare no time." - Hoofsou shook her head in sorrow - "The more time we waste, the better rebels fortify the city and the more casualties everyone will take."
"Lieutenant Ram, you need to understand that you need som time to heal and-" - you tried to pacify the ancient warrior, but your pleas were ignored.
"The damage is not critical, I can still fight!" - Ram protested - "I will endure!"
"Your stubborness will only get you and the squad assigned to you killed!" - Seer cursed - "There is no way I am going to let you enter the battlefield in your current state."
You glanced at captain Hoofsou. The earth pony mare obviously felt uneasy, struggling to make a choise.

Your actions?
>>
>>29631120
Didn't notice your suggestion until I posted, sorry.
(Not that it would help in the current situation)
>>
>>29631148
If we are not suggesting anything along >>29631120, I reluctantly side with Seer. Her health is more important than a battle.
>>
>>29631153
Oh well in hindsight it was probably a bad idea anyway, Ram would likely have gotten angry we thought it was in any way comparable to actually being there during the fight.
>>
>>29631148
Suggest that maybe there will be escaped enemies she can help hunt down later. Besides this is Celestias fault it probably would not have happened if there was no war going on, you can express your fury over it during the attack on the castle of the 2 sisters.
>>
>>29631160
That said we should still ask if there will be a public execution, we will be disapointed if we don't get to see a single tyrants head roll during this conflict.
>>
>>29631159
>>29631165

"Maybe you could participate in the purges later?" - you suggested - "Plus, I am pretty sure that there were Celestia's agents involved, so you could save your fury for the Castle of Two Sisters, what do you think?"
"There would be nothing left to purge!" - her head jerked towards you - "The rebels will have nowhere to run. They will isolate themselves from the surface. Every street, every tonnel will be barricaded and turned into a deathtrap and my suit was created to break through such fortifications! I need to be there!"
"I'm sorry lieutenant, but the battle could be won even without you. You are only going to get yourself killed."
"Please! It's not even about the battle, it's about my home!" - she cried.
"First and foremost you're soldier." - sighed Hoofsou - "I thought you understand this better than everyone else here."
"For six hundred years I served." - despite the cold artificiality of her voice, you felt rage and despair in her words - "And now you deny me my only request?"
"We will take you to the city, but you will not participate in the assault. Lieutenant Seer, if you please?" - Hoofsou turned away from the window. Earth pony stallion shrugged and quickly pressed some buttons on his control panel.
"Don't you-" - Ram roared, but then, with a buzz, a speaker installed in her respirator fell silent.
A mere moments later Ram's body fell limp, hanging on the wires like marionette without puppeteer.

Your actions?
>>
>>29631304
I think we should leave. There is nothing more we could say after they dealt with Ram. Poor Ram.
>>
>>29631304
I know it is for the best that she not fight but I still feel sorry for her. After you say that just head back to base we need to talk to our squad.
>>
>>29631304
We need to go ask Arcane how the hell we are going to disguise Gust.
>>29631339
Also say this.
>>
>>29631304
Ask if she can percive her soroundings in this state?
>>
I forget is Andesite a private or a sergent.
>>
>>29631304
Will you continue repairs on the road and when you reach the city?
>>
I noticed none of the anons directly told Ram she shouldn't fight until she's fully repaired. That or my lack of coffee.
>>
>>29631325
>>29631339
>>29631346
>>29631555

"Uh, so I'll get going then?" - you nervously asked.
"I would be thankful if you remove the dress first."- Andesite replied.
"Oh, right." - you lit up your horn and levitated the dress to Andesite - "So, are you going to continue repairs while on road?"
"No way. Of course, we'll be able to fix some basic things, but there would still be a lot of work left."
"I... you know, I really feel sorry for her."
"Don't even mention. She is not to be envied, but such events make me question my life choises."
"Why so?"
"I am supposed to be a military engineer, not a nurse in retirement house. Don't get me wrong, I understand her situation, but... it's just not for me."
"You're still doing well, believe me."
"Thanks, I guess." - he sighed - "All right, we need to prepare for departure. Take care."
"Good luck then."
"Yeah, we'll need it." - Andesite smirked and you left the hangar.

Then you headed to the almost empty cantine, where Gust, Arcane and Word sat at one of the tables, waiting for you.
"Hey, you're finally there!" - Gust waved her forehoof.
"Yeah, yeah. Listen, I had only realised - how are we going to disguise your wings?" - you inquired, joining your friends.
"No idea."- ascended pegasus shrugged - "When I asked he only said that our curator knows all the details."

Your actions?
>>
>>29631648
Oh yes. Being cryptic. Fun. Any who we should get something to eat.
>>
>>29631648
Small talk. Ask about Arcane's grimoire and if anyone wants to do anything.
>>
>>29631648
Well I will be sad to see those sexy wings hidden but your almost as sexy old wings may have to do. Come to think of it this facility is likely to have ponies that were at the sacking of Prosperity so there is going to be some risk of us getting recognised, me especialy considering the damage I did freezing the ground in front of that first wave, maybe I will have to get my skin color changed.
>>
>>29631648
Ask Arcane if anything in particular happens when two hollows stand next to each other.
>>
>>29631675
Oh also ask if they heard what the nightbringers aparently did.
>>
>>29631648
Anyone know if soldiers get to sent letters back home free of charge? It's been a while and it would be nice if we could get a letter out to our sister.
>>
>>29631702
What would we write about every single thing we have been involved in is highly classified with the exception of Prosperity
>>
>>29631715
It's been a good 15 or so minutes. I hope you had spent your time wisely to read over what you said.
First and foremost I'm sure that her knowing we're alive would set her mind at ease. Second, text messaging isn't a thinkg, so sending letters by courier or a mailing service is one of the few reliable to receiving and delivering information. Third, we could talk about what's going on at home, how she's doing, did she find someone nice. Fourth...
>What would we write about every single thing we have been involved in is highly classified with the exception of Prosperity
Fuck you. I bet you did that on purpose. Your post needs a question mark or semicolon.
>>
>>29631791
I feel like people were never this grammer obsessed before ifag showed up.
>>
>>29631811
Good grammar is easy on the eyes.
>>
>>29631816
Yeah sure but normally people only complain if there is a lot of it.
>>
>>29631682
>>29631702
>>29631664
>>29631660

"They sure have a schtick for being cryptic." - you muttered - "All right, give me a minute."
You went left your companions to get a tray and fill it with food, returning to the table in less than a minute. While a pair of hayburgers and salad will not restore the amount of energy equal to one you lost since yesterday, they were going to at least saty your hunger for a couple of hours.
"So, have you heard about Colth?" - you asked, before filling your mouth with a good half of your first hayburger.
"That we finally have some answer to Solar dragons? Better late than never." - replied Arcane.
"The funniest thing? Celestia's propagandists try to present that they actually WON the battle, despite the city being in ruins, a good chunck of population dead and everyone else fleeing to nearby towns." - smirked Gust - "They lost about fifty percent more troops than we, and that's not even mentioning the demonic reinforcements we acquired! But nooo, since Nightbringers left the city they were defeated."
"I heard that they have also sacrificed civilians." - you said after finally swallowing the bite you took earlier.
"Well, there were sacrifices." - Arcane shrugged - "But ponies are prone to exaggeration. I don't think Nightbringers were deliberately hunting for civilian population, they were rather taking everyone who was in their way. And you should be either a moron or a zealot to stay in your home and patiently wait for advancing enemy instead of running away. Ultima's Mares did a good job of evacuating civilians, I have to give them credit."
"Evacuating? Wasn't the city, you know, besieged?"
"Golden Word decided against surrounding the city and laying a proper siege - after all, the numbers were roughly equal - and her forces managed to seize control over a couple of gates almost instantly instead. Then it became your usual urban battle, except civilians had a chance to escape instead of being massacred."
1/2
>>
>>29633083
2/2

"Huh. Perhaps it was just a rumor then. So, have any plans for these two days?"
"Study." - Arcane levitated his grimoire up to his head to illustrate the point - "So don't count on me carrying you back to the base if you two are going to get shitfaced again."
"Well, I have no plans." - Gust replied - "Any ideas?"
"I was thinking about writing to my sister, but that's not really a long-term plan. Maybe you should write to your family too, don't you think?"
"Bleh, they don't really care. Neither do I though. Besides, I don't think that our new superiors will appreciate this idea."
"Maybe we could ask our curator about their policy on such things later." - Arcane suggested - "I am not sure, but I suppose that postal service is still intact, at least on the territories under Lady Nightmare's control."

Your actions?
>>
>>29633100
>"Huh. Perhaps it was just a rumor then. So, have any plans for these two days?"
Well of course it was a rumor. Anesthesia or whatever his name was heard it from a civilian.
>>
>>29633100
Well shoot. There's always looking for the cryomancy grimoire, or doing things with Last.
>>
>>29633100
We were promised a cryomancy book we should study to.
>>
>>29633100
We ould give Gust a kiss when one of us leaves the table.
>>
>>29633404
*we should give
>>
>>29633377
>>29633404
Seconding these.
>>
Sad
>>
Shit I ran out of time to write my bump song.
>>
>>29635711
You came up with a bump song?

Post it.
>>
>>29636337
I forgot about it about to get started now it is a parody of Bohemian Rhapsody.
Don't expect to much it is mostly just gender changes and a few other bits and pieces the bulk of the song will be unchanged.
>>
>>29636357
The hardest part was finding something to replace devil with but I found a word that worked (kind of worked anyway It will probably be the weakest part of the song if you sing it but it should look fine in text)
>>
>>29636362
Just need to work out the exact wording on the pulled my trigger part, I think this will have to be more then a simple word substitution I will have to insert a word and remove a comma.
>>
>>29636370
I considered changing this time tomorow to something about the war but I think I will set this pre war.
>>
>>29636375
Funnily enough silhouetto of a stallion sounds better despite mare being a closer word. Wait is the silhouetto meant to be the murdered man I never understood this part of the song but if so I should probably keep it as mare.
>>
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor girl, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Sister, just killed a mare
Put my ice against her head
Pushed it in and now she's dead
Sister, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Sister, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everypony - I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Sister, ooo - (anyway the wind blows)
I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a stallion
Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning - very very frightening me
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo Figaro - magnifico

But I'm just a poor girl and nobody loves me
She's just a poor girl from a poor family
Spare her her life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go - will you let me go
Bismillah! No - we will not let you go - let her go
Bismillah! We will not let you go - let her go
Bismillah! We will not let you go - let me go
Will not let you go - let me go (never)
Never let you go - let me go
Never let me go - ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no -
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Celestia has a tormentor put aside for me
for me
for me

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby - can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out - just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters - nothing really matters to me
>>
>>29636390
Great. Gold star.
>>
I wonder what we will find in our book I see a few distinct possibilities.
The positive possibilities:
>A general increase in power
>A fancy new spell
And many many negative possibilities leading to not gaining anything that I will write up when I get to a computer.
>>
>>29636549
Wait were we ever told they had one or just that we could take a copy if they did.
>>
>>29639178
>>
>>29640227
>>
Learning new spells bump.
>>
>>29636549
I should probably get to work on that autism list.
>>
>>29636549
Ok list of things that could go wrong with this book
>It is for general mages looking to add a little ice to there repertoire and therefore well below our level.
>It is for more advanced mages looking to spend some time specializing in ice and pretty much at our exact level
>It is for the greatest of magi and well above our level
>it is for the greatest of cryomancers and well above even what the greatest general mages can do
>It is a my first cryomancy book for young foals who just go an ice cutie mark
>It has no combat applications
this one is not to bad there is a siege coming and who knows how we might be of use.
>it is at the right level but because it is for more general mages it is written in a way we do not understand.

Huh less then I thought.
>>
>>29633377
>>29633404
>>29633847

"Sounds good." - you shrugged - "By the way, I asked captain Blade if you have managed to save some cryomancy books from Prosperity, and she agreed to give me a spare one. Question is - I don't really know where to look."
"We use the castle's library to storage the books." - Arcane replied- "Anyway, we'll wait for you here, since we still need to deal with our accomodation for these two days."
"Understood." - you got up from the table and quickly kissed Gust, who was quietly munching some salad leaves, in the cheek.
Both Arcane and Word rolled their eyes, while ascended pegasus caught a sudden fit of cough.
You spent about fiftenn minutes trying to navigate through the castle, until you had finally found the library.

"Oh, hello there." - a unicorn mare in Lunar Magi armor greeted you with a calm friendliness in her voice.
"We... do we know each other, ma'am?" - you asked, hastily saluting.
"We've met at Prosperity. At the... ritual." - her voice trembled slightly - "Sergeant Ancient Tome at your service."
"Private Frosty Rime, ma'am. I am here because cap-"
"Oh, I remember captain Blade telling me about something like that." - she interrupted you - "Cryomancy book, right?"
"Yes, ma'am." - you eagerly nodded.
"Good. I'll look if we have some duplicates left."
Then she walked inside the storage room. After a couple of minutes she returned, levitating a book named 'Cryomancer's Compendium'.
"It may turn out to be too complicated for a pony who have not received special education, but I hope you'll manage." - she said, moving the book towards you with her magic.
"Thanks, sergeant." - you beamed a smile, putting it inside your saddlebags.
"Just following my orders. And one more thing." - Tome looked directly into your eyes - "Please, tell Arcane that while we... most of us hate him, we all still believe in him and wish him luck in his studies."

Your actions?
>>
>>29642470
Do you mean you are mad about being revived I can assure you he really did not want to do it but you have my word I will inform him ma'am
Start reading.
>>
>>29642495
Oh wow I forgot all my puncation there. Stupid party downstairs distracting me.
>>
>>29642470
Promise her you will and start reading, hopefuly even without any real magic education we can learn something even if a more learned cryomancer would learn more.
>>
>>29642272
Maybe we will learn an ice grenade spell, shoot a ball of ice that explodes after it has traveled some distance.
>>
>>29642566
It was literally the thing I suggested back when we were fighting Robocop pone.
>>
"Sure thing, ma'am. Can you tell me where is the reading room?"
Ancient Tome silently pointed her hoof towards one of the doors and a minute later you were sitting on a chair and levitating the book before your face.

The first part of the book was almost exclusively dedicated to water, its physical and magical properties. It was wrong, author stated, to practice advanced manipulations over any object without having a full and comprehensive understanding of it. While you could not argue with such approach, you could not help but feel bored just after the first pages. Yet for a good hour you struggled with the book, until you were interrupted by a familiar and offended voice:
"So you were there for the whole time?" - Gust nonchalantly closed the book - "We were waiting for you, you know?"
"Uh, I kinda got lost in reading?" - you dumbfoundedly grinned.
"What a nerd." - ascended pegasus sighed - "Steel Regiment is hurrying somewhere all of a sudden, so the only thing I got from them is that colonel Fortified Position will be in charge of the garrison while general Perturbation is absent, so I guess we should pay him a visit."
"You think he was informed about us?" - you asked.
"No idea. But I think we need to pick our gear up, just in case. Of course, only after you apologise before me and others. Moon is the witness, one bookworm is more than enough."

Your actions?
>>
>>29642742
Fail to resist urge to pout.
Hey! there's nothing wrong with being a bookworm...

Go back to everyone, apologize for making them wait for an hour, relay Tome's message to Arcane and go pick up our equipment.
>>
>>29642742
Try to hold back an eye roll and apologize to Gust. And hey. Nerds are pretty cool. Slinging spells faster then one could say pow.
I wonder if we should see a psychologist.
>>
>>29642992
I mean with the raping and the fighting and the demons. The four of them could benefit from a visit to the docs.
>>
>>29642742
You have my deepest apologies that I am so dedicated to stoping Celestia.
>>
>>29642992
>I wonder if we should see a psychologist.
After the war absolutely but we really do not have time right now.
>>
>>29643050
We have two days to recuperate. A few hours of the day can't hurt.
>>
>>29642742
After stuff happens Rime should do a bit of strength and endurance training by maybe running around in her armor + chainmail and / or simultaneously lifting multiple heavy things at once.
>>
>>29642742
Ice golems when?
>>
>>29645016
In like 10 years.
>>
>>29645747
Well that would suck.
>>
>>29643091
I would argue they could I don't think we need therapy for the rape we seem to be fine with it for the most part but things with arcane are going to get worse before they get better and we cannot afford for them to be worse right now.
>>
>>29646924
So is that a yes or a no to schedule an appointment to see a therapist? How often are rape victims fine? Anon, I'm not sure if Rime is really fine, and the little talk with Dawn or whatever that Nightbringers name was probably didn't do much for her.
>>
>>29647005
Yes but after the war.
It is worth noting the second major argument we had with arcane was because the qm misunderstood a suggestion, I am not so sure much will come of it as such.
>>
Sorry to announce, but I don't think I'll be able to run any time soon, so don't bump the thread anymore please.
>>
>>29647587
Okie doxie lokey
>>
>>29647587
So this mean hiatus?
>>
>>29647659
This means qm is dead but afraid to admit it.
>>
>>29647587
Just come back okay?
>>
>>29648093
As much as I hate to say it, the answer is probably no.

And remember: Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.