[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Royal sister ponies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

Could we talk about this? Everyone noticed that Celestia's alpha design had her with pink hair.

But everyone forgot about Luna's original design as well. She's just as tall as Celestia and Luna has swirls in her mane and tail.
>>
>>29581037
Reminder that Hasbro doesn't care about S1 Luna and she will never show up again. Even in flashbacks she will be S2 Luna
>>
>>29581043
I'm okay with that, it's why we have the fandom to draw artwork of her.
>>
File: oeogZLc.jpg (264KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oeogZLc.jpg
264KB, 1280x720px
>>
Were there more royal ponies before Luna and Celest? How would they fit in?
>>
You know what he wants /mlp/. Just give it to him. Icy swirly mane & tail Luna.
>>
>>29582343
Before he murders us all.
>>
Actually I'm curious why the fuck did Faust even need Nightmare Moon? Luna in her "normal" shape turned villain would have been enough. Why the fuck does everyone complicate these things?
>>
>>29581037
Celestia also has some white lines on her tail.
>>
>>29583724
Because she needed there to be a visual indication of possession by dark forces.
>>
>>29583724

A LOT of ideas were thrown around back then, including the idea that Nightmare Moon would be a recurring villain for S1, a counter-team to the mane6 using the elements of DISharmony, and Nightmare Moon initially being named Discord (but still functionally the same, not to be confused with "the real" Discord).

As a result, a lot of the ideas early on don't actually go anywhere or hold any deeper meaning. The prophecy for example was more or less made up on the spot with no purpose behind it.
Given the chaotic and poorly-planned early production, my guess is that they just ended up using NMM's design because it was better as a villain and mostly finished, and slapped together a Luna model for the 10 seconds she's onscreen because having her look like NMM all the time probably wouldn't have been a good idea.
>>
>>29587714
>Given the chaotic and poorly-planned early production
Are you dumb? MLP was in planning since early 2009 and debuted in the end of 2010. That's tons of time. There is an orderly show bible and everything, it's all very straightforward and planned.
>>
>>29587727
[citation needed]
>>
>>29587729
>makes a whole bunch of assertions
>wants citations when somebody else says one thing
>>
File: NMM.png (41KB, 494x998px) Image search: [Google]
NMM.png
41KB, 494x998px
>>29587727

Nope, not at all.

Here's a post by Faust herself, where she herself states she didn't get very far with things like these.
>>
File: untitled.png (17KB, 838x214px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
17KB, 838x214px
>>29587727
>>29587738

More supporting evidence. From the S1 retrospective interview.

As you can see, Lauren claims a lot of planning went into the animation process (most likely including NMM's design), while things like stories were rushed out.

I'll have to agree with >>29587729
Where are YOUR sources?
>>
>>29587738
>>29587745
I guess you ARE dumb. Rarely does a cartoon get a full year of preproduction work. Most shows are approved moments before they go to production.
Your "supporting evidence" shows that
>there was a lot of planning in development
so all you have is guesswork, which you're bad at because you don't actually know anything about cartoon production schedules.
>>
>>29587810
Where are YOUR sources?
>>
>>29587810

Development, yes.
Writing, no.
>We had to rush to get stories approved and into production.

Not guesswork, direct quote by Faust.

The time they had for planning and preproduction did not extend to writing and story approval. Hence >>29587714
>>
>>29587810
>He actually cut the quote in half to make him seem right.
>there was a lot of planning in development and a lot of planning for the animation process
We can't argue if you stoop so low to break basic rules, anon. You're an unconscious dick and I pity you.
>>
File: Wwe_2k15_bray_wyatt-1600x900.jpg (699KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Wwe_2k15_bray_wyatt-1600x900.jpg
699KB, 1600x900px
>>29583724
I think originally she was suppose to be a normal character, but Hasbro kept pushing contradicting revisions: too dark, too cute, just right. The third option always ended up neutering the final idea and making everything look like a featureless crap thought up on the spot.

When your executive tries to take control of your creative vision, but he himself has no idea what he wants then it turns into a shit fest.
Faust never ever had real control over season 1 outside of character behaviour.
Even goddamn Rarity was pushed onto her, and you can't just out of the sudden make the fashionista act like a tomboy with insane magic power unless you 80 phone calls a day and a threat that you're getting fired.

It always had to be "Hasbro Studio's idea" you always have to make them feel like they came up with the idea.

I don't think Faust would have okayed Suited For Success if she was in charge.
I also don't think she would have thrown so many jabs in the song and messages if she had gotten her way since the beginning.

The lyrics and the episode itself felt very contradicting. You promise a little girls show without stupid stereotypical frou frou dresses, overly stupid girly cutesy shit and then out of a sudden you make an entire episode about dress making. You also make the dumb fashionista in the right despite being blatantly wrong that the dresses were too frou frou.

Who knows what really happened inside that zoo they call a studio. Probably a lot of desperate power control struggles.
>>
>>29587922

From what I keep hearing, I think your idea is pretty far off.
Hasbro has never been known to micromanage endless revisions like that, and Faust DID say they were the most hands-off company she's ever worked for (which isn't saying much, since all the big ones are pretty much all fucking awful, but at least it's saying something).
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>29587994
Well at least I can agree that it might as well have been everyone's fault, if they're so scared to tell the truth.

Most of the people working on the show always gave off weird signals and completely contradicting messages.
Even in Faust's last journal in May 2011 she promised "The show is still in the same capable hands that made the show what it is" only to notice immediately that the original animators changed and that Dhx supposedly wasn't capable at all.
The staff/freelancers at dhx also kept praising her for doing most of the work and coming up with the ideas.

So you can't trust anyone in this monkey zoo. You need to see for yourself what really happened behind the scenes to get an objective idea of what the fuck just happened.

Otherwise it's like trying to make out one of those "funny" episode plots where there's 3-20 different perspectives being told from, but none of them want to answer the primary questions and be objective and neutral about anything.

It still irks me off to see a bunch of 30-50 yr veterans act so cowardly and dismissive when you're asking for a straight answer out of them.
We end up getting more information out of some no name leaking out the scripts and assets.
>>
>>29588019
I'd trade 99% of every episode in Kitchen's Nightmare and Hotel Hell just to get 1 goddamn episode on Hasbro Studios/Dhx Media answering what the hell happened there.
>>
>>29582343
Is somebody going to give this man what he /r/equests for?
>>
>>29587922
>>29588019
This is borderline /x/-tier conspiracy theorizing. You are reading too much into random details and ignoring the bulk of the evidence. The show staff might not have free rein to talk shit about Hasbro on twitter, but nobody's forcing them to lie. If Faust says Hasbro was pretty hands-off, then probably they actually were. If it wasn't true then she could just as easily have said something more neutral, or if she really needed to be nice, she could have found something else to compliment them on.
>>
>>29583724
Show wasn't supposed to be watched by adults, it was a primarily children's show - ergo villains have to be easily identifiable, even if it's realistic. Also it gives them a copout that they later used that Luna and NMM are seperate entities.

Making Luna just evil and then have her become good again would have meant they'd have to deal with some pretty adult themes (guilt and redemption, legal question of criminal as princess etc.) that they didn't want to deal with.
>>
>>29588104
>Also it gives them a copout that they later used that Luna and NMM are seperate entities.
Wait, what?
When?

The pilot refers to it as a "transformation", and she transforms again in Luna Eclipsed.

Also:
>they'd have to deal with some pretty adult themes (guilt and redemption)
Like in Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep? Or for Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils?
>>
>>29588129
Anon's talking out of his ass, unless he's referring to the comics storylines - in which case feel free to laugh even harder; as you've pointed out the show is running with the NMM=Luna ideal.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.