[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do No Harm(CYOA) - #4.1 Plague boat died early edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 475
Thread images: 6

File: BGtransparant.png (325KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
BGtransparant.png
325KB, 1063x752px
>The town of Anima isn't the healthiest place in the world.
>No growing trade town is, you suppose. What with all the boats coming in, moving passengers and cargo, not to mention that the town drinks from its toilet.
>Not that that last part can be helped, being on a river.
>Your name is Heart Beat, and you're the assistant to one of the few fully fledged doctors in Anima.
>Proper clinics like yours are a rarity, most either self-medicate or resort to shamanism, or even less reliable methods.
>And when a ship full of sick passengers pulls into port, its all hooves, and hands, and claws, on deck to stop a bad situation from getting worse.
>You've met one of the passengers who managed to keep the disease from getting too bad on the journey, but with supplies running low time is of the essence.
>Right now you're in the cabins of the ship, acting as quarantine for where the sickest patients are.

>Glancing around at the empty hallway, all is silent except for the sound of the creaking wood and noise filtering in from above.
>...you'd better save up for a watch or something after this is all done.
>For now all you can do is keep note of what you're doing to whom, and make sure there's no cross-contamination...not like that's the top of your worries

right now...

>You choose to go check the next twin room. Minotaurs and Gryphons have slightly different physiologies from ponies, but you just hope you have enough to

give a significant dose to their much larger frames.
>Once again, you knock on the door before letting yourself in.

>Unlike the previous room, this time you're met with silence.
>A Griffin lies on the right bed, and on the left, a minotaur bull.
>It takes a moment before you get any response, but it does come eventually.
>The minotaur stirs, and you can practically hear his dry eyes and lips moving as he tries to sit up. It only partially works.
>"W-who's there?" His voice is hoarse.
>>
>>29579747
Introduce self, tell him we're here to help.
>>
>>29579747
Heart Beat should introduce himself and ask if the minotaur is feeling strong enough to answer some questions. A simple yes or no.
If yes then ask him how he feels, what's wrong, where it hurts, ask him about the griffin that has yet to respond, and examine his body. If he says no and he's feeling too weak to answer then examine him reguardless.
>>
>>29579747
Get check on the unresponsive griffin. M-maybe they're just in some deep hallucinative fever dream?
>>
>>29579827
>>29579915
>You introduce yourself and tell him you're here to help.
>A glance at the Griffin has you concerned, though. She haven't responded at all.

"Can you answer some questions?"
>"Y-Yes..."The bull nods his head. Somewhat.
"How do you feel? Where does it hurt? And how is she?"
>You cock your head over at his roommate.
>"Very...dry. Pain in the...chest...her-ugh"
>He brings a hand up to one large bit of swelling on his neck before coughing strenously. You see the phlegm yellow with puss and flecked with bright red blood.
>"Probably just...sleeping?"
>You dig around in your bag and pass him something to cough into.
"Here. Do you mind if I take a look at you?"
>The bull tilts his head in a shrug, leaning back against the wall.
>You'll take that as a yes.

>A few minutes is all it takes for you to get to work.
>You find symptoms similar to the previous two pony patients.
>His lips and mouth look really dry, gums and tongue pale, but still pink.
>The breath stinks of cadaverine...which is to be expected.
>Lymph nodes are swollen just like the other patients, and you notice a few areas of his skin are red, likely from more inflammation.
>Despite all this, his body is wet from sweating.
>>
>>29580142
So he most likely has the plague like everyone else, but he might some other stuff too. But what?
>>
>>29580142
The analyzing spell is useless here. There's bacteria everywhere.

Should we use a bag of saline on this minotaur? He'said pretty big and this is a liter. Then again, is this the right size?
>>
>>29580195
>>29580373
>No point trying to use any kind of spell here, it's clear he has the plague.
>And perhaps a little bit of something else?
>The sweating is a reasonably certain sign he's got a fever, and there's definitely some dehydration going on.
>You'd use a bag of saline, but you doubt one bag would be enough for him.

>The Griffin, Genevieve, behind you shuffles some in her bed, and you take this as your cue to take a look.
>Gently placing a hoof on her, you notice she's still out cold, but appears to be suffering much the same as Asterius.
>Her once golden feathers and brown fur are now paler, mottled damp with sweat. Her inguinal lymph nodes have also swelled.
>Most glaringly are the ulcered welts along her arms and torso. She's clearly done some scratching.
>And the largest one has a small ring of black on it's edge.
>The clicking sound of her dried throat, moving as she breathes, can be heard if you strain your ears.

>It's clear they weren't kidding about the conditions of the other passengers in quarantine.
>These two need help, perhaps more so than the last.
>But what should you do? And the rest...

And that's it for now. See you in a few days, anons
>>
>>29580489
Bump
>>
>>29580489
bwop
>>
>>29581403
loude bump
>>
>>29582854
Bump
>>
>>29580489
Give them the bags bump.
>>
>>29584315
Bump
>>
>>29584315
Both bags, to all of them?
>>
>>29585488
>all
Do you mean to say the both of them?
>>
>>29585492
maybe
>>
>>29580489
Any chance we could get him water if he's dehydrated, since one bag isn't enough?
>>
Brap
>>
>>29587753
That's lewd anon.
>>
>>29580489
Fuck the griffin while she's too weak to fight back.
>>
>>29589022
Do No Harm Bump
>>
>>29590054
Bump Pestle's Rump
>>
>>29590771
Gotta have that bump
>>
Bap
>>
>>29580489
QM. You have fanart.
>>
>>29592681
woohoo
>>
File: 1488431801581.png (511KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1488431801581.png
511KB, 3000x2000px
Reposting from the thread.
>>
File: 1488431157537.jpg (107KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1488431157537.jpg
107KB, 2048x2048px
>>29593706
>>
>>29593713
Bump
>>
>>29593706
Ouch
>>
>>29580489
I'd give each a bag of saline. It might not be "enough" but it's got to help. Then antibiotics.
>>
>>29595943
This
>>
>>29598223
>>
>>29597302
>>
>>29602475
Bump
>>
>>29603331
>>
Got some family things to do today, so today's session will be a short one, and late, too.
>>
>>29604453
Oh boy. I probably won't be awake for it.
>>
>>29605379
Do No bumps
>>
>>29604453
Again just how late?
>>
>>29606136
Sorry anon. Family kept me out later than I would've liked. Here's one post, at least?

>Considering the state they're in, and the limited resources you have...
>Two bags will have to do. One for each. It might not be 'enough', but it'll help at least a little.
>You'll just have to remember to see if you can get Asterius some water later.

>It doesn't take long to set up the IV lines using magic, but there is the issue of not having a dedicated stand to hang the bags from.
>The clothes hooks by the door will have to do.
>Inserting the catether into the bull's arm vein is simple enough, you had enough practice before.
>Though you notice the his skin breaks quite easily under the needle. It might be an issue if he ever starts itching. The skin could bleed easily.
>Genevieve is relatively easier to handle, being unconscious, but you do lack clippers to expose the skin under her fur.
>Scissiors would have to do.

>With the IV lines set up and saline bags hung, you move onto administering the antibiotics.
>Thankfully catethers have a port specifically for injecting drugs built in.
>Once again, guessing the doses based on average weights, you use up the rest of your Gentamycin bottle treating the minotaur.
>Which leaves you cracking open a tube of Streptomycin for the Griffin. Actually, make that two.
>After cleaning up the waste of your equipment Asterius manages to give you a wave, though weak, as you part.

1/2
>>
>>29606235
>Your bag feels lighter when you lift it. Understandable, with how much you used.
>There wasn't exactly much time to double check what you took with you, but a quick glance lets you guess there's still a good ammount supplies.
>Quite few rolls of bandages and plenty of syringes especially.
>There's still a few vials of Streptomycin left over, enough for 5 pony-sized doses, but you're dealing with much more than just ponies here.
>You also count two larger bottles of Doxycycline, good for another 5 doses each.
>As well as six dozen tablets of Ciprofloxacin. Should remember to save some for yourself, too...
>The rest of your drugs, the anti-acid Cimetidine and ipecac, an expectorant, are untouched...though you won't know how many treatments they're worth since you haven't given any yet.

>Once more you find yourself in the passenger cabin hallway. There's still one room left, occupied by Rock Star. But still plenty more down the hall.
>Though you might want to go and see if you can find a way to try and get Pestle's ingredients. The supportive treatment will help, at least with blunting the worst of the symptoms.
>With how much time it has been, maybe you should head up to see if Doc Pill has arrived...

2/2
>>
>>29606237
Yeah. Let's head back for a brisk trot to see if any medical staff had arrived yet.
>>
>>29606237
>With how much time it has been....
That we still can't tell without a watch. Jebus man. Need a watch, gotta get a watch.
So there was that one stallion that was mistaken as a mare going around asking for doctors. Hopefully he was able to find more people from the various other clinics on the island.
>>
>>29606237
I say take a peak at Rock Star to see if he can last a few more minutes without us or needs to be treated NOW. I really hope Heart has been interacting with pacients with his telekinesis to minimize exposure.
>>
>>29606653
>>29606703
>>29607794
>...which is time you can't check without a watch.
>Damnit, you really need to get one once this is over.
>Well, there was that one stallion (which you mistook for a mare in your sleepy stupor), hopefully there were more sent out to get help.
>But first, a quick peek at Rock Star in the last room to check on his condition.
>Then you'll head on up.

>Once more you enter, though the sight you greets you is different from what you expected.
>An earth pony, orange and purple colours a cheerful contrast to the dull atmospohere of the ship, sits on the single bed of the room.
>He's reading a book, looking....completely fine?
>The stallion looks up as you enter, giving you a cheerful wave.
>"Hello there!"
>>
>>29611023
Shit uh, maybe he's not sick at all and just confined to his room so "he" doesn't get infected.
Ask him if he's aware that there is a plague on the boat, and those with the most severe symptoms are kept in their rooms. Is he here because he has a serious illness, or here out of his own volition?
If he says he's fine, leave him. If he says he's feeling sick, ask he what he think is wrong.
>>
>>29611023
Plagues are survivable, but it's rare without help.
>>
>>29611055
>>29611491
>Shit, er...well this is awkward.
>Plagues are survivable, but it's rare without any help.
>Maybe he isn't sick and this is just preventative measures?

"Hello there, uh, how are you feeling this fine day on this plague boat?"
>"Oh, I'm just fine, thank you for asking!"
>"Nothing like what the others are getting, though I have some stomach issues earlier...food poisoning, I guess."
>He shrugs, placing his book on the bed with a light toss.
"So you're..."
>"Not sick? Nah. Least, I hope not? I figured it best to keep away with the illness going on."

>Well then, that's that mystery solved.
"Okay...have a nice day, hope you don't catch the plague, and all that."
>"You too, random room inspector!" He jovially waves you off once more.
>What a cheerful guy.

>As you head on up the stairs, you find yourself bumping snout first into the chest of a big stallion.
>Big for you, anyway.
>You can't see his colours at first, wearing an off white sort of robe, and the dim lighting blocks much detail.
>Though you think you see a purple coat. And a stylized sun medallion hanging from a chain.
>"HELLO!"
>He bellows loudly, louder than you'd expected to hear in this space.
>"GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR! ARE YOU ONE OF THE SICK?"
>>
>>29611638
We're from the clinic.
>>
>>29611638
What? No, I'm from one of the clinics from the island. Who are you?
>>
File: Qo8KipS.gif (52KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
Qo8KipS.gif
52KB, 204x204px
>>29611638
>You can't see his colours at first, wearing an off white sort of robe, and the dim lighting blocks much detail.
>Though you think you see a purple coat. And a stylized sun medallion hanging from a chain.
>>
Could this new comer be our chance to learn magics of the arcane, divine, ritualistic, or occult nature? Or will this be a phony?
>>
Be a moment, I'm having trouble writing dialogue
>>
>>29611684
>>29611923
>>29611933
>>29611944
"What? No, no. I'm from one of the clinics."
>"PLEASRE TO MEET YOU, CLINIC PONY! I HAIL FROM THE CHURCH-er, CHAPEL! OF THE GOLDEN SUN! YES!"
>A preist? Well, the only thing you know about any sort of 'Golden Sun' is on Princess Celestia's flanks. Literally.
>And she's made no claim either way to being any sort of divine.

>"I AM RISING SUN, FOLLOWER OF HER MOST RADIANT, HOW GROSSLY INCANDESCENT SHE SHINES, MAY THE LIGHT OF HER SUN NEVER SET ON THIS WORLD, AND SO ON, CELESTIA! WHAT SHALL I CALL YOU?"
"Heart Beat."
>A bit of dry, underwhelming response, but you were wondering.
>Could this be a chance to see firsthoof the effects of 'occult' and 'divine' magic at work? Or was this just an overly confident stallion in a bath robe?

>"A FITTING NAME! NOW, WHAT SAY YOU OF THESE PASSENGERS' STATES?"
>>
>>29612016
Really? Seems like just writing anything in cap lock would make fine dialogue for this robed pony.
>HARK PLEBIAN. I, A PRACTITIONER OF HEALING HAST COME TO CURE THE PLIGHT THAT HAST AFFLICTED THIS WATERCRAFT. DOST M'LADY REQUIRE AID?
>>
>>29612045
A majority of the passangers have been afflicted with the Black Death. I was sent here from the clinic I work at to triage. And just who are you? If you're not a doctor then can you point me to one, or help find more doctors on the island and point them here? Otherwise I really need to get back to work. People dying and all, I'm sure you understand.
>>
Well, it looks like things have died down.

Guess I'll pause here, maybe do one more later on if some more replies show up.
>>
>>29612045
What say I? What say you? What are you doing here?
>>
>>29612045
As fascinating as the Chapel of the Golden Sunset is I really need to get to work. Are you a doctor? If you are you don't look like one.
>>
>>29612045
Well first of all; some patients are trying to sleep though the pain so it would be nice if you kept your voice down. As for their states...I would say pretty bad. I helped as much as I could and I'm waiting for more meds to arrive from the clinic.
>>
>>29612865
Yeah but do keep yelling. I'm pretty sure everyone will appreciate being woken up.
>>
>>29612061
>>29612423
>>29612431
>>29612865
>>29613350
>As earnest as this guy likely is, his volume could use a little toning down.
"Most of the passengers here have been infected with the bubonic plague. I was sent here to help with what I could and I'm sure the patients trying to sleep would appreciate it if you kept your voice down."
>Now, if there was nothing else, you needed to-wait. Did he say "chapel"?
"Hold on...what say I? What about you? Why are you here? You don't look like a doctor."

>Rising Sun brandishes his medallion, polished to the point it almost glints in the dim light.
>"DOCTOR? NO! AS I - ahem, softer. Right. - SAID, I AM A PREIST OF THE GOLDEN SUN. AND SO I HEAL NOT USING MEDICINE, BUT FAITH! FAITH IN CELESTIA! THAT HER HOLY LIGHT SHALL HEAL ALL UNDER IT!"
>He stops to correct himself partway, and while it IS softer than before...well, it's still above what you'd call normal conversational volume.
>"I ALSO HOST WEDDINGS, BIRTHDAYS, BAR MITZVAHS, FUNERALS...AND EXECUTIONS! I TAKE MY LEAVE NOW, TO HELP ALL THAT REQUIRE IT."
>The large stallion somehow squeezes past you down the stairs. He's surprisingly fast for his size.

>Great. Now that that's over, you should really see to-
>"THANK YOU AGAIN, CLINIC PONY!" The large voice calls from below.
>-the matters topside. Ouch.

See you guys in about 10-15 hours
>>
>>29613399
trip
>>
>>29613399
>"I ALSO HOST WEDDINGS, BIRTHDAYS, BAR MITZVAHS, FUNERALS...AND EXECUTIONS! I TAKE MY LEAVE NOW, TO HELP ALL THAT REQUIRE IT."
Well I, guess he's not a phony? Still his profession is, well it might be of some use to those who are scared they might die. IF, they were still hours away. Now they just have to wait for more doctors to arrive.
Get your butt into and find someone. Maybe even grab a ship attendant to act as our errand colt for a change, instead of Heart running around, huh?
>>
>>29613403
You forgot your trip?
>>
>>29613403
Boop
>>
2xBoop
>>
3xBoop
>>
4xBoop
>>
Session will be coming later today, but first I've got to go take care of some things. Food, finances, etc etc
>>
Be a paragon of healing
>>
>>29613430
>Well then. Guess he's no phony. Maybe he'll be useful to those who are scared they'll die?
>Guess you'll have to wait for more to arrive, first.
>Time to go see if you can find someone. Ship attendant, maybe. It'd be nice to have somepony else do the errands for a change.

>And the best place to find one is the main deck. You saw plenty moving about before.
>Bypassing Pestle's sickbay and the galley, you find it easy enough to hail down a crewmember who isn't too busy.
"Excuse me, I need somepony to find these ingredients."
>You pass the mare Pestle's list.
"Pestle downstairs needs them for the sick, and it's important we get these as soon as possible to help them."
>The mare glances aside, at the docks and dockworkers across the gangplank.
>"But...we can't get through the quarantine. Pestle said we can't leave the ship, since we've been around long enough and might be carrying the plague."
>>
>>29618681
If she's a unicorn, she can use telekinesis to pass it to a dock worker. Which we should've done.
>>
>>29618681
"Just magic the note over to someone in charge out there. We need the supplies, it's important."
>>
>>29618708
>>29618790
>No leaving for those from the trip? Well, that's easily solved.
"Just pass over to one of the dock workers. We really need the ingredients, its important."
>The mare nods, resolute and determined to do her part.
>She trots over to the edge, calling out to one of the dockworkers.

>When they wave back she yells out the instructions, doing...something with the note.
>"WE NEED EVERYTHING ON THIS LIST ASAP!"
>...is she going to pass it over?

>The mare finishes whatever she's doing, cocks back her foreleg , and-
>Wait, is that a paper plane?
>...
>...!
>Whew. They caught it.
>>
>>29618880
Damn. That was kind of brilliant, and she's got good aim. Kudos to her.
>>
>>29618880
Thank her, I guess, then continue on looking for more afflicted patients? It's good that we have that Cimetidine, that stuff's also a really strong anti-histamine in case anyone goes into anafalaxis from our antibiotics. I mean it's a great drug to stop an allergic reaction, if it's the stuff I'm thinking off which is commonly sold as Tagamet.

Let's continue our tour of the ship and treat any creature that's afflicted until we run either out of patients or supplies (Other than a small amount for ourselves in case we catch it too).
>>
>>29618880
Cool. Well if anymore doctors or nurses come around to help, could someone take a minute to inform Heart while he's taking care of the pacients in the cabins?
>>
>>29618925
>>29619008
>That's actually kind of a brilliant idea. Good on her.
>You give the mare your thanks before heading off around the ship to help treat whoever you could.
>Good thing you brought the Cimetidine, it should be useful in case of anaphylaxis, but you're optimistic there aren't going to be any allergic reactions.
>Not to your meds anyway.
>Stopping by the sick bay you asked Pestle to send someone if any more doctors and such appeared.

>Time just flies by when you're busy treating the sick.
>Gryphons made the most use out of your bandages. Their claws and propensity to scratch itches meant quite a few had tiny scratch wounds that needed dressing.
>Not to mention the bites that caused them in the first place. Thankfully, most were healthy enough to not need immediate antibiotics.
>You were saving those for the ones in the lower cabins.
>Ponies usually had the least problems outside of initial bug bites. Pegasi and Unicorns made the majority of patients requiring treatment, and even then mostly for respiratory problems.
>Only a few bat ponies were present, though. And those were nearly asymptomatic at first glance.
>The bovines, on the other hoof, often got the worst of the digestive issues. Your syrup of ipecac saw good use with them.
>But the lower cabins is where you spent most of the time, and your antibiotics easily ran out.
>Except for the small portion reserved for yourself.

1/2
>>
>>29619226
>Back in the sick bay you find a lull in the routine of the ship.
>More medical...proffessionals have appeared. To use the term loosely.
>Rising Sun was still doing his work, easily heard when within a few rooms distance. Strangely enough, the patients who were sleeping didn't seem to notice.
>An old Griffin lady came aboard, you never got her name, who was now helping the cook with some fresh food.
>...don't think she's much of a doctor, though. But good on her for trying to help regardless?
>Another pony appeared, but was quickly turned away at the docks for trying to sell some cure-all. You weren't really present for that.
>Still, no sign of Doc Pill just yet, though. Nor Pestle's ingredients.

>The same few patients you noticed earlier are still around.
>The young cow and bull, not far past calf age you reckon, are still around, occupying their time with some paper and crayons they'd found.
>Still with his bandages, their Earth Pony neighbour idly scratches at them while playing a game of cards with the sickly griffin.
>The bat pony from before has given up on trying to sleep, it seems, now busying herself with one of the hot water kettles.
>Metal rings clink in the background, as Pestle does her work obscured behind the curtains.
>Maybe you could work on your bedside manner.

2/2
>>
>>29619226
Can we later get some eye witnesses of that degenerate trying to sell snake oils? There is no room on there Isles for false medicine and hope. Whatever their reasoning for selling them do no matte, for they are robbing people of their bits and hope.
>>
>>29619240
When you say professionals are you saying that in addition to who you listed, more unnamed medical professionals came to help?
Did you mean just Rising Sun and the old Griffin lady?
>>
>>29619240
Take a moment to rest your weary legs. Ask them if they know anything about how the plague started. Did they suspect there were stow away rats on boat?
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29619493
You monster
>>
>>29620362
>>
>>29619240
Go downstairs and check on the quarantine patients.
>>
>>29622783
>>
>>29619337
>Now seems like a good time to rest your legs for a while.
>And talk to some of the patients.
>The earth pony and griffin playing cards seems to be open to conversation, you'll get to sit AND talk!

>Pulling up a chair, you plant your flanks a slightly further distance away than the two players.
>Ahh, that's nice. Good to finally rest your thighs for a second.
"H-hey there. Could either of you tell me anything about how this whole plague started?"
>The game pauses when you speak, but a friendly smile and wave helps smooth things over.
>"Some rats or something like that must've got onboard when the ship left port, I guess?" Suggests the Griffin.
>>"Nah, they'd never let so many rodents onboard if they could help it..." The Earth stallion retorts, resting against his bandaged limb.
>>"Way I hear it this could all just be part of some elaborate plan to try and run Anima into the ground! This is a trading town, and if one of the big'uns can't own it, they won't let anypony else have it either."
>The griffin chortles in disbelief.
>"Do you really believe that nonsense? No way any nation would try something so complicated, too many moving parts. And it's anyONE. You aren't in ponyland anymore."
>>
>>29623989
Was there any signs of plague where this ship came from?
>>
>>29623989
You guys think there's a conspiracy going on? Wew.
>>
>>29624190
>>29624474
"You think this is all some sorta conspiracy thing going on?"
>Wew. That's quite a complicated way to destabalize a region, but effective if it works out. You'll have to agree on that.
>"Of course not!"
>>"Of course it is!"
>...

"Nevermind that, then...were there any signs of plague in where this ship came from?"
>"Plague like this? Nope, but then again those people would call anything that spreads easily a plague."
>>"What she means is, there were some sick in that town, but not like what we have now." He motions to the swollen lump on his upper thigh. "Some sorta cough, I heard from the crew."
>"Again with 'I heard' stuff, is there anything you HAVE seen for yourself?"
>>"Ha ha, very funny. Got any eights?"
>"No. Go fish."

>Your time with these patients is cut short though, as a deckhoof comes in. Looking for Pestle, specifically, but you manage to overhear the conversation.
>"Excuse me, another doctor's just arrived. They're waiting up top."
>>"Thanks for that...got any idea if those ingredients I need have arrived yet?"
>"No, miss."
>Doctor? Might be Doc Pill. But it could also be someone from another clinic.
>Yours isn't the only one in town, after all. Though you haven't actually met the others in person.
>>
>>29624618
Go topside, meet with whatever medical person has arrived, fill them in on our findings and current course of treatments.
>>
>>29624618
That's fine. Let's greet this doctor so we can talk shop and work out a plan for us and the (hopefully) incoming doctors.
>>
>>29624742
>>29624745
>You decide that going up is the best course of action for now.
>Meeting with this doctor would be useful in working out a plan for the rest of the passengers.

>Up on the main deck you can see that this new arrival definitely ISN'T Doc Pill.
>The unicorn before you is half a head taller than him, actually. Making her slightly taller than you, too.
>She wears a doctor's coat, floating a modest bag in her magic. She is busy looking at some sort of list she holds in her hoof.
>Better go introduce yourself, then.

"Hello there, Doctor."
>"Ah, good! Doctor Cold Clinical. Greetings. What can you tell me about the disease? Where are the patients? What have they been treated with?"
>You tell her all you know about the current progress of the plague.
>Where the most sick are, what you've treated them with.
>What Pestle used to stave off the early symptoms when supplies ran out.
>"Tonic made from berries and roots? Fair enough, given the situation..." she mutters
>"Good on you for staying on top of the situation, Mr....?"
"Heart Beat. I work for Doc Pill's clinic."
>A flash of surprise appears on her face.
>"...I see. Well, at any rate, I should g-"

1/2
>>
>>29625175
>>"You again! Small world."
>The exclamation draws both your attentions to the boarding ramp.
>It looks like Doc Pill has arrived at last.
>And carrying a large brown bag of...something. Along with what looks like some boxes on his back.
>>"I guess you would make your way here eventually, CC."
>"Of course I would. It's a ship full of sick passengers with the plague, Pill."
>Her eyes narrow slightly, but she still speaks with the same calm professionalism.
>Doc Pill squints back at her, glancing right at you for a moment.
>>"So it would seem...but we both have more important things to take care of right now."
>"Agreed."

>Doctor Clinical leaves without another word.
>Doc Pill comes up to you, setting the brown bag on the deck between you.
>It smells...faintly floral.
>>"I met the dockworker you sent the ingredient list to. Seeing as I was on my way I decided to take a detour and hit two dragons with one boulder."

2/2
Anyone still around? else this will be the last one for the day
>>
>>29625182
We'll get the stuff to Pestle. Also, tell him what we've done while waiting for him.
>>
>>29625182
Me - I'm here!
Thanks Doctor. The medicine is for and herbalist down below. The bred is fairly effective at starving off the plague, and at least making it a little more bearable.
>>
>>29625182
Wait. Those papers the doctor had. Was that the list of everyone on board? If so I was going to suggest Heart to go grab them, but I thought it would be best to just record the owns he's already treated.
>>
>>29625199
>>29625215
"Thanks, Doc! The plants are for the alchemist down below."
>The light purple of your magic surrounds the bag as you lift it up. It's surprisingly light for its size.
"She's a zebra named Mortar Pestle, and the brew seems to be good enough at making the plague more bearable. I'll go bring this to her."

>Doc Pill dons a face mask of his own, and walks along next to you.
>"I was wondering how a single Zebra managed to cling onto every life on a boat with the plague. I want to see this for myself. Why don't you tell me what you've been up to?"
>Oh, right.
>The sound of hoofsteps on the floor takes a back seat to your explanation of what you've been doing.
>You spare no detail, save for the things you're sure he already knows.
>Which you know because he asks you to skip those parts.

>Pestle is estatic when you arrive with the ingredients.
>"You found them after all? Great! Come with me, I'll need the help preparing enough for everyone on board."

I apologize for the lackluster post, but I'm just kinda out of it today.
>>
>>29625357
Go along and help her prepare her potent brew.

Was that your last post or do you have a little left in you? Maybe you should should call it quits for the night and continue tomorrow or this weekend.
>>
>>29625357
Let's get to brewing.
>>
>>29625357
Check out her butt on our way down. A healthy badonkadonk is a health zebra.
>>
>>29625357
and
>>29625369
(Were you being a poet, but didn't even know it?)
Go help the zebra prepare her potion, then consult Dr. Pill, ask what are his notions? Cold Clinical is about whom I would ask, and if she'll be able to help with our task. Cold indeed she was to Pill, as if he was one she wanted to kill. The history is one it would be good to know, just in case his head off she'd try to blow. Some relief this potion should bring, once it's done and to the sick we fling. A good rest I wish to our Hippocrates, and look forward to the next episodeez.
>>
Loppity
>>
Alright guys, I've had a bit of a snag.

Technically speaking, everything's taken care of. There could be a time skip for the tedious treatment parts and we can all get on with our lives.

But I feel like over the course of this whole boat visit, nothing too...dramatic (I hope that's the right word) happened.

So, what do you think? Personally, I could try for an unforseen circumstance, but that just feels like a cheap shot.
>>
>>29628558
If you want to try to spring something on us then try next time. It won't be a suprised if you do it now. If you time skip can we buy a watch?
>>
I guess I'll take a break today, then. You guys can expect a single post to show up later.
>>
>>29629162
So I'm wonder whose going to pay for all the medical expenses and how. The passangers? The local government? Pill said we're not a charity.

I hope plowing though all those pacients put alot of bits into Hearts pockets.
>>
A pacient developing a crush on Heart Beat or Doctor Pill when?
>>
>Since she so nicely asked...
>You let Pestle take the lead as she makes her way through the (relatively) winding corridors of the ship's interior.
>Up some stairs...
>Down some stairss...
>Left at the sign...
>It's clear you're going to the galley, but the scenery is dreadfully boring.
>You'd think she'd be trying to make conversation, but it seems everyone's got bigger things on their mind.
>And as embarrassing it is to admit, the shorter Zebra's tail is what you find your eyes glancing at on occassion.
>Tufted, like a Griffin's, it's a bit of a strange sight to see on such a ponylike frame.
>Some old proverb about wide hips and health comes to mind...it reminds you of those feather toys cats play with. And it moves like one too.
>But such thoughts are cut short by your arrival.

>"We're here!"
>She (gently) kicks open the door.
>"Giraud! Did you miss me?"
>The gryphon in question is the perfect image of an average gryphon.
>And by that you mean he's coloured tan, white, and yellow.
>He turns from the stove, using his chef's cap to brush of some dirt off his jacket before setting it on the long counter between you.
>>"Well that depends, do I need to make more of your tonics again?"
>He rests his talons on top as an elderly griffin minds the stove behind him. A pot boils atop it, steam clearly rising.
>The air smells...well, its certainly not vegetables.
>His head tilts slightly before sighing.
>>"...I'll take that as a yes."
>"Come oooonnn! You know that boiling is the-"
>>"-best way get nutrients out of your ingredients, I know. But where's the creativity in that? Steaming works just as well if you can handle the texture. I've been boiling soup and porridge for the last eighteen meals!"
>Pestle rolls her eyes, setting the brown bag on the counter and sliding it over.
>"Don't be like that, the doctors are all here, so no more tonics from me. This'll be the last meals you'll have to make for them!"

cont.
>>
>>29630922
>Last...meal?
>>"Did you just-"
>"Yes."
>...
>Clearing his throat, the gryph takes a large stock pot from below and begins preparations.
>>"Well rest assured, I know how much this will help everyone. As bad as it tastes..."
>He glances over his shoulder at the old griffin.
>>"I'll make sure there's sixth servings for all on board...I guess you will be staying to make sure it's done right?"
>Pestle nods in affirmation before turning to you.
>"Come on Heart, I'll need the extra help to prepare the ingredients."

>What seems like a few hours pass as you help Pestle crush, grind, and otherwise powder the ingredients.
>In that time you've introduced yourself to Giraud, though the griffin declined to speak.
>Apparently she doesn't speak much Equestrian.
>You've also learned that Giraud is a bit of a talker, and that he's got family (though no mention of how many) on the island.
>On the topic of family, Pestle revealed that she's awaiting the arrival of her uncle, and that they're going to open up a shop in Anima.
>She travelled ahead because he had business to take care of. And that he gets seasick.
>And in turn you've talked about yours.
>The time passes quickly, and all that's left is to wait a few hours for the broth to steep.
>With nothing else, Pestle ushers you away while she stays behind to help clean up.
>Something about 'having patients to take care of". Not that she's wrong.

cont.
>>
>>29630926
>The trip back to the sickbay alone makes your mind wander.
>Pestle and Giraud's relationship seems a great deal different from that of the other one you'd seen revealed that day.
>Doc Pill and Cold Clinical.
>She'd shown her namesake talking to him, enough to make you wonder about their history.
>You spy Doc Pill at your destination, preparing syringes of antibiotics for injection.

>"Heart, good, you're here. I'll need some help with these injections."
>Maybe this is the time to ask?
"Uhm, Doc Pill? I'd like to ask you something...about Cold Clinical."
>The small upwards nod is all the prompt you need.
"Do you think she could help with all this? You two looked like you have a...history."
>"Help? Well, she'll definitely help these passengers, she's still a medical doctor after all. As for history, heh."
>He scoffs.
>"Nowhere long enough to call it a 'history'. Just a disagreement on how we do things.I've had worse...histories. We can talk about her once we're off this boat."
>Cautiously, the older unicorn glances around the room.

I know I said timeskip, but with the current replies I felt like it would be a little too much railroading. See you all later
>>
>>29630929
Fair enough. Tell me what you need help with then.
>>
>>29630929
Just how far is the time skip?
>>
>>29633604
>>
Nump
>>
>>29634715
>>
>>29631118
>Fair enough, you suppose. There's work to be done.
"What do you need help with?"
>"I need you to prepare and measure out doses of gentamycin for everyone on this ship. Including us."
"Us?"
>"You! Me! That Zebra filly! We might be wearing masks but that doesn't mean we can't get infected too. And if we get sick, who's going to run the clinic?"
"No, I was just being-ah, nevermind."
>Your eyes roll at that. You know the Doc doesn't mean harm with what he said, as sharp as it might seem.
>Talking more would just be unnecessary.

>Rolling up your metaphorical sleeves you pull up another chair and get to work.
>In time, the both of you prepare a few hundred syringes for injection, with standardized doses.
>Though in time you're sure you'll need more than that. After all, there are minotaurs on board.
>Doc Pill and you both get to work: first dealing preventative medication to the patients of the sick bay, before making your way down to the cabins to j.
>Larger patients get more than one dose, so you and Doc Pill have to take turns going back to get more medicine.
>There's a good need for rash ointment and antacids too, it seems. Especially among the more bandaged patients.
>You even bump into Swift on one of your trips, though he understood you didn't have time to talk much. News of the plague boat had spread it seemed.
>Though you had to take care to not physically touch anything. Sterility may be impossible to achieve here, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try for it.

1/2
>>
>>29636145
>At times, you and Doc Pill occasionally bump into Doctor Clinical or Rising Sun.
>Though looking at how they (didn't) interact they might as well be invisible to each other.
>...at least they weren't messing up each others' work?
>The preist, on the other hoof...how the entire deck doesn't wake up to the call of "MAY THE WARMTH OF THE SUN SHINE UPON YOU" every six seconds is its own mystery.
>Interestingly, while both you and Pill, as well as Doctor Clinical you're sure, took the care to inject the patients in the cabins regardless, they didn't seem to be faring any worse than the others on first glance.
>As well as coughing pus, blood, extreme fevers, and painful aches can be, anyway.

>As the night turns to early morning you finally find the time to take a break.
>Doc Pill has moved to the galley, presumably to avoid Cold Clinical who has taken one of the empty tables in the sick bay.
>Pestle is taking a long-awaited nap on one of the few empty beds.
>Though Rising Sun is nowehre to be seen. Or heard. You'd know if he was within a certain distance.
>Seems like you've earned some free time with most all the patients asleep.
>But it would be naive to say it would be all peachy here on out. Not every patient has made great progress in the last few hours...you'd possibly be on board for another day yet.
>Funnily enough, you'd never met the captain of the ship, either.

2/2
>>
>>29636147
Since we have some free time, lets try learning a bit more about Cold Clinical.
>>
>>29636147
Rising Sun was talking to everyone. We should find him and confirm that he has taken a dose of gentamycin. The last thing we want is a sickly unicorn spreading the disease.
>>
>>29636147
What about Heart himself? Does he need sleep? Power nap? Coffee or tea?
>>
>>29636147
Let's ask Doc Pill about his history with Clinical since we have the time.
>>
W
>>
>>29639146
>>
Not gonna have much free time today, so I'll have to do another single post. Seems like talking to Doc Pill about CC is the main choice here, so any specific questions to queue up? Or perhaps some for Rising Sun?
>>
>>29640245
Yeah. Did he get a shot?
>>
>>29640452
And if he hasn't?
>>
>>29640636
Then its pretty obvious what needs to be done.
>>
>>29640245
Pestle X Beat OTP when?
>>
>>29640728
Plan an elaborate plot to stick a needle in him?

>>29645024
When QM makes it. And when players decide it
>>
>>29646300
Heck yeah, I don't even know if he's had some of the medicine
>>
>>29646300
I don't know. I'm not sure there is enough time of the day for a "healthy" relationship.
>>
>You stand up and make your way towards the galley, to speak with Doc Pill.
>Clinical's history with him still had you curious.
>And some caffeine wouldn't hurt. Your eyelids have already begun to feel heavy.
>Speaking of heavy, you have some questions for Rising Sun too. Spending all day in close contact with everyone onboard? He'd better have gotten a jab.
>You sneak along a double dose of antibiotics, as a backup plan.

>Doc Pill is found alone in a corner of the kitchen, scribbling down something in a book.
>A quick glance shows drug names and volumes. Inventory, or simply writing up the bill.
>You knock your hoof against the floorboards to get his attention.
"Hey, Doc? Is this a good time to talk about that Doctor Clinical now?"
>"Oh? Did I now?" He continues his scribbling as if you never said anything.
"What's the story with her? You never mentioned her before."
>"It's nothing important, really."
>Okay, now you're REALLY curious.
"Doc..."
>"Hmph. Fine."
>The other unicorn closes up the book and swings around in his chair, resting his back against the table and forelegs on the backrest.
>"Doctor Cold Clinical isn't somepony I know very well personally..."
>As the Doc regales you with his tale, you follow your nose and prepare yourself a cup of coffee.
>Which Giraud, has so kindly put out a kettle out for. All that you need is to heat it up, really.
>"I'll skip the obvious parts. She runs a clinic on the other side of the island, and yes, we don't like each other too much. It's a professional thing."
>Doc Pill was never one to beat around the bush...
>"Tried working with her once, but I quickly found out that when it comes to paitients you either treat them her way, or it's the highway for you."
>"One thing led to another, and we both decided to just leave each other alone whenever possible. That's it, really. No dark secrets here."

1/2
>>
>>29647810
>That's it? Aww.
>You take a sip of coffee to hide your disappointment.
>Can't help but wonder if the Doc...
>No, no. That's fair. Real life isn't like those stories you read, otherwise they wouldn't be fiction.

>Any further conversation is interrupted by the timely arrival of one Rising Sun.
>>"GREETINGS TO YOU, DOCTOR! CLINIC PONY!"
>He's using his 'inside voice' this time.
>>"HERE TO PARTAKE IN DRINKING THE LIQUID LIGHTNING, I SEE! IT HAS BEEN A TRYING TIME ON ALL OF US, BUT HAVE NO FEAR, MOST OF THE SICK ARE HEALING WELL!"
>"...I'm sorry?" Pill shoots him a queer look.
>"NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE! YOU SIMPLY NEED TO HAVE CONFIDENCE! PUNCH THE MORNING! MAKE IT RUE THE DAY IT TRIED TO LURE YOU TO UNWANTED SLUMBER!"
>The large stallion puncuates this with a slap on Pill's shoulder. It nearly sends him to the floor.
>And speaking of...
"Hey, Rising Sun? Did you get any antibiotics for the plague?"
>"MEDICINE? NO MORE THAN WHAT WAS PREVIOUSLY GIVEN OUT BY THE YOUNG ZEBRA EARLIER. WHY DO YOU ASK?"

2/2

Sorry for taking so long on this one guys. I've just been feeling kinda burned out with writing the quest these two days.
>>
>>29647813
Unless Pestle had assisted with the needle injections, he need to take the antibiotics. Her brew was to make the plague more bearable, not our right cure it.
>>
>>29647813
He better not have ended up spreading it to more places.
>>
>>29647813
It means you need to take some antibiotics before you spread the disease and die from it.
>>
>>29647813
What makes you think that?
>>
>>29579747
>>
Doctor doctor, give me a bump.
>>
>>29653444
>>
>>29655726
>>
794378t
>>
>>29650219
>>29648824
>>29648454
>>29647842
>Now you're uncertain if Pestle assisted with the injections, but if your memory holds true, then Sun here needs to take antibiotics.
>...he better not have become a carrier.
"The brew was to just make the plague bearable, not outright cure it..." You sigh.
>"OH? NO MATTER. FRANKLY, THAT CONCOCTION WAS QUITE TERIBLE! WHY DO YOU ASK?"
>>"He's asking because it means you need to take some antibiotics before you spread the plague or die from it...just in case that wasn't clear the first time." Pill snidely remarks.
>"SO I WILL NEED TO BE TREATED TO STOP THE SPREAD OF THE DISEASE? I WILL GLADLY ASSIST! WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE ME DO?"

>Its good he's so cooperative.
>You take out the syringe you'd brought just for him and move forward.
"I'll just need you to give me your arm and-"
>Rising Sun takes a step back.
>Another step forward
>He steps back.
"You need to give me your arm for the injection."
>The other stallion holds his hoof outstretched towards you, but doesn't make a move.

>"WHAT NEXT?"
"Come closer."
>Sun moves a single hoofstep towards you.
>But it's still too far.
>>"Aren't you a little too big to be afraid of needles?" Doc Pill snorts at his antics.
>"TIS NOT THE SWORD THAT HURTS, BUT THE CUTS THAT COME FROM IT...AND THAT IS A VERY LARGE SWORD."
>>
>>29658123
We have much larger if you'd like a comparison.
>>
>>29658123
Sun, please, the syringe isn't even that big.
>>
>>29658123
Are you saying that you, a grow stallion is afraid of needles? Heck, the foals (were there foals on the ship) were brave enough. How can you serve Celestia if you can't take an injection, or if you're dead?
Whatever, we might have something left. Maybe some pills, but no guarantee.
>>
>>29658224
>>29658240
>>29658304
"Sun, please, the needle isn't even that big."
>"SURELY, THE ARTIST THINKS PAINTING IS EASY, NO?"
"Really? You, a grown stallion, afraid of needles? Heck, some of the foals didn't even act like this!"
>With another step forward, Sun takes one more back.
"How can you serve Celestia if you can't bear a tiny prick?"
>"ME? AFRAID? NEVER! YOUR TINY PRICK DOESN'T SCARE ME!...TIS THE SURPRISING AMMOUNT PAIN THAT DOES." Sun looks indignant.
>Of for the love of...
"Ugh, whatever. We might have some pills left, bu-"
>>"We have much larger needles to use, if you'd rather." Pill chimes in.

>Doc Pill's words seem to have taken effect.
>The Earth stallion glances between the syringe, and each of you.
>"...VERY WELL, I SHALL ENDURE THE NEEDLE."
>The stallion takes a larger step forward, finally within your reach.
>You've got half a mind to just stick the needle right into his muscle, but that's hardly painless.
>If you could find something to stop the bleeding, you could just try for a vein. It'd get the drug into his blood fastest anyways.
>'Course there's always looking for a loose bit of skin to deposit the needle under...not very fast absorbtion though.
>There are other ways to inject a drug, for sure. Though their names escape you at the moment...
>>
>>29658480
It'll be safest to inject it into his bloodstream via a vein.

>"ME? AFRAID? NEVER! YOUR TINY PRICK DOESN'T SCARE ME!...TIS THE SURPRISING AMMOUNT PAIN THAT DOES."
Excuse me? Our prick isn't tiny!
>>
>>29658480
Just take care not to move. You could cause the needle to break off, then it would be stuck inside.
Can we stick it in his vein, press a cotton ball over it, and put a band-aid over it and cal it a day?
>>
>>29658480
We should get his mind off the injection so he doesn't tense up, it'd be even better if he doesn't see it. Might help him get over his fear.
>>
>>29658546
>>29658528
>>29658612
>Going intravenous seems best for this one.
>As long as the needle didn't get contaminated...and the injection site stays clean.
>And he doesn't move so the needle doesn't break off and get stuck.

>A-and you prick isn't tiny! It's...well, you hardly took out a measuring tape to compare, but you're sure it's within average range!

>Thankfully, you conveniently forgot to remove your bag, which still held some cotton and bandages.
>You prep the syringe, uncapping the needle and lining it up with his brachial vein.
>Best take his mind off it so he doesn't tense up.
"So...how have the paitents been?"
>"MOST FARE WELL! THOUGH I FEAR THAT SOME MAY NOT-OUCH!"
>And, done.
>Just as deftly as you started, you withdraw the needle and cap it with some cotton and a bandage as his arm tenses up.
>"...T'WAS NOT AS PAINFUL AS THE LAST TIME, AT LEAST...WHAT NOW?"
>>
>>29658689
Gee, do you need a lolipop and a kiss on the boo boo too?
>>
>>29658689
You were saying something about the rest?
Hey Doc. Did we make sure EVERYONE took the antibiotics?
>>
>>29658689
How did your last injection go? Was it in the muscle? And where exactly is your chapel of the sun?
>>
>>29658689
I still want to get the identity of the person that was trying to sell their snake oil so Heart could write a strongly worded letter of how much he disapproves. Any maybe tip off the guard. Did anyone get a good look at their face?
>>
>>29658724
>>29658737
>>29658743
>...gee, does he need a lolipop and kiss on the boo-boo too?
"That...should be all of it, yes...was your last injection in the muscle, then?"
>Rising Sun lowers his hoof, and stands in a more relaxed state, keeping his other pressed onto the cotton.
>"WHY YES, I BELIEVE IT WAS."
>Wait, what was that about the rest?
"Hey Doc, didn't we make sure EVERYONE on board took the antibiotics?"
>>"Yes, Heart, you were there, remember?"
>"IN ANY CASE, I THANK YOU, CLINIC PONIES. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME IN ANIMA'S CHAPEL OF THE GOLDEN SUN! SIMPLY LOOK WEST, WHERE THE SUN SETS LONGEST"
>Sun calls out as he backs out the door.
>>
>>29658920
That was... interesting.... Doc, is there anything that still needs to be done?
>>
>>29658920
Well thats, kind of vague, but I guess it can't be too hard to find if we find the time. Is there a chapel of Luna or sonething?
>>
>>29659107
>>29659404
>Well that was...interesting.
>Makes you wonder if there's a church of Luna or something in town.
>You don't doubt it, considering the bat pony population.
"Doc, is there anything else that still needs to be done?"
>"Well there is the issue of payment. A huge part of our antibiotics got used up in all this, so we'll need the cash to order more."
>He slips off his chair to take some coffee for himself.
>Doc Pill sips the lukewarm brew, making a face as he does so.
>"Ugh, always preferred tea...either we'll get enough to break even, or we'll have to raise prices."
>"I was hoping to arrange a meeting with the Captain, or collect something from the patients. The town isn't exactly brimming with emergency funds, we won't exactly be rich at the end of all this."
>The unsweetened coffee gently floats down to the table with a soft clack.
>"I assume there's a reason why you're asking?"
>>
>>29659431
I think. We can go look for the captain and ask about payment and if they have any idea how the plague started, go tend to the pacients that made little progress, talk to Doctor Clinical and hear her half of the story.
Maybe we can do a little of both. We can get something from the captain and get a little something from the passangers.
>>
>>29659474
Seconding this.
>>
>>29659474
Disease probably started from a bat pony or pest. But which?
>>
>>29659474
>>29659567

"Just curious, Doc. I've been wondering about how this whole plague started out..."
>From what you know, it could be a pest that stowed away, or a particularly unlucky bat pony.
>"No point worrying about how it started when there's still sick to cure. It's the plague, Heart, not a new virus. Quarantine and treatment is the priority now."
"...On the topic of bits, maybe we could do a little of both? Something from the Captain and something from the passengers."
>Plus, you'd wanted to ask Cold Clinical her side of the story.

>"I doubt the patients would be too happy about their doctors demanding bits after going through the plague, but we'll see."
>"Why don't you go try that, while I talk to the captain?"
>That's a sound plan, for now...
>You nod your agreement and part ways, the coffee giving you an extra spring in your step you didn't know you had.

>Back in the sick bay is where you find Cold Clinical.
>Pestle is still out cold this morning.
>Though for all you know, the sun's already begun rising. You didn't exactly check.
>You stand behind the other Unicorn, and cough to announce yourself.
"Ahem. Doctor? I have a question."
>She turns to face you, looking surprisingly unchanced by the last hours. Perhaps she just isn't tired?
>"Yes? What is it?"

Going to pause here
>>
Quick question

Did I ever mention a specific look for Doc Pill?
>>
>>29659724
Maybe start by asking how does she and Doctor Pill know each other? Then move on to the issue of bits needed for more medicine.

>>29660346
Nope.
>>
>>29659724
Who knows. Maybe she was able to sneak a few winks of sleep, or she had some rest before this whole fiasco occurred.
How did you and Dr. Pill know each other? The both of you don't seem hate each other, but you don't like one another either. What's up with that?
>>
boop
>>
>>29661178
L-lewd! Now I can never marry!
>>
>>29660397
>>29660675
"How do you and Dr. Pill know each other?"
>They don't seem to exactly hate each other, but they don't exactly like each other either.
>Clinical blinks twice, making the face that clearly shows she was surprised by such a question, then realized that it shouldn't have been surprising at all.
>"I'm surprised you haven't gotten the story from Pill already."

>"We worked together some time ago. We were both new arrivals, looking to put our medical skills to good use."
>"It went well enough, all things considered. But he always insisted on doing things differently, always too trusting to put his faith on...unproven remedies."
>"Herbalism? Acupuncture? These things have no business in a proper medical setting, not when there are clearly better options available."
>You could've sworn you saw a hole in her professionalism there.
>"Eventually, after a few bad business decisions, we decided it best to split the bits and part ways."

>All the talk seems to have awoken Pestle from her slmber.
>The bed creaks under the weight, as she sits up and yawns.
>"Is it morning already?"
>Blearily, she rubs the sleep from her eyes.
>>
>>29663925
It is. How are you feeling?
>>
>>29663925
Well let's not discredit herbal medicine now. After all Pestle's, or is it Al-tann? Well her herbal tea was of great help.
>>
>>29663925
If it actually helps the patient get better, than the method is worth acknowledging. I'd still rather stick with the proven whenever possible though.
>>
>>29664169
>>29664264
>>29664283
"It is. How're you feeling?"
>"Eyes are still tired...but my head disagrees."
>The Zebra almost stumbles out the room, nearly bumping into the doorframe on the way.
>"I think I'll just get some..."
>But she moves too far away to hear.

>Turning back to Cold Clinical you think it best to tell her your thoughts on 'traditional' medicines.
"If the method actually helps, then I thnk it is at least worth acknowledging...I'd still stick to proven methods first, though."
>Al-tann...whatever the rest of her name is, Pestle! Pestle's herbal 'tea' was of great help to the patients, and you'd be hesitant to discredit such so easily.
>"Likewise."

>But you had other questions.
"There's another issue I'd like to bring up, actually."
>A second to get yourself comfortable...standing around all day is killer on your legs.
"All these medical supplies we've used - how do you think payment will be made? I understand they're not cheap to keep shipping in."
>The taller unicorn opens her mouth to reply, but cocks her head to the side at the sound of hoofsteps outside the door.

1/2
>>
>>29664518
>Voices follow.
>>"...ust came out of a serious crisis here, and you want to start talking about money?" It's a female voice.
>>"Medicine doesn't come cheap, Captain. We need the bits to keep our businesses going - this boat isn't the only group of patients around, or did you forget this town's reputation?"
>Doc Pill's stern voice follows, faintly.
>A frustrated sigh is heard, the voices growing louder as they approach.
>>"I simply think now is not the time to worry everypony on board when-oh!"
>An Earth pony mare steps through the door, and judging by the jacket and hat, you've got the ship's Captain right before you.
>Doc Pill follows through right after.
>And as expected, Clinical and Pill decline making any sort of acknowledgement of each other to focus on the other mare.
>>"Greetings, Doctors." She nods her head in a slight bow. "Captain Low Tide, I believe we haven't been introduced."
>"Our mutual Zebra friend isn't present, it seems." She takes a quick glance around.
>>"Smooth change of subject." You hear Doc Pill grumble under his breath. Though you think he meant it to be heard.

2/2
>>
>>29664529
You just missed her, I think she went to get some coffee or something to help her wake up.
>>
>>29664529
Hello captain. It it's a good thing we're all here. Now we can discuss how we're going to account for all the medicine used on everyone aboard the ship.
I believe we can work something out between yourself and the passangers.
>>
>>29664571
>>29664586
"Uh, hello, captain. You just missed her, she just left to get something to help her wake up."
>"Oh? No matter. I'm sure we'll see her eventually...who might you be? We haven't been introduced."
"Heart Beat, ma'am. I'm the assitant to Doctor Pill. It's good you're here, I'd like to discuss how we're all going to account for the medicine we've used onboard the ship."
>The mare signs again, before inhaling sharply.
>You can hear the sniffle of a runny nose.
>"Ugh. Of course."

"I believe we can work something out between yourself and the passengers."
>"Look, I'll tell you the same thing I told your boss here, I can't promise anything right now."
>"The ship's disposable funds aren't enough to pay for everything on their own, we've got other costs to worry about too. Food, new supplies, the crew's pay."
>"And the passengers are in hardly the right shape themselves-"
>She looks aside, the young bovine siblings are there. They wave back.
>"...not all of them, at least. I understand that you'll need compensation for your efforts, but they cannot come immediately."
>"We can't even begin moving passengers off till who knows when this quarantine ends!"
>>
>>29664876
Well is there some way to ensure you to pay it all in increments instead all at one time? Maybe a contract?
Are we sure we can't ask the mayor or town treasury or something? That's what we're paying our taxes for right?
I don't even remember if we recieve any taxes.
>>
>>29664876
So how to ask munyz from passangers. We ask em nicely to pay what they can spare for the medical expensive and briefly explain why we need tha munys.
Doctor Pill in ports all our drugs yeah? Maybe these guys can transport the drugs for the island free of charge for a while and the cash. Good? Good. Glad we had this dicussion.
>>
>>29664896
>>29664915
>Clinical clears her throat, choosing this time to step into the conversation.
>"If I may, Captain, perhaps we could step away from offical payments for a moment and simply ask the passengers to give what they can spare? Surely some would be feeling generous."
>>"I'm sure they would, Doctor, but that will have to be sorted out between you, and them." Captain Tide responds.
>"And what about the crew? They got treated, it's only fair that they pay their share." Doc Pill interjects.
>>"And they will, eventually, but with what little we have right now? Is there truly nowhere else you can look? Doesn't this town have a treasury that deals with this sort of thing?"
>Captain Tide raises a good point.
>Surely you could ask the Town Hall for something? That's what you pay taxes for!
>...do you even pay taxes?

"How about..."
>You speak up before any of this can get out of hoof.
"How about we come up with some sort of contract? Your ship will make a return to Anima eventually, no? Maybe we could agree on installments to pay, o-or maybe you could save some cargo space to bring in medicine in at cost?"
>The biggest reason for the price hike is transport, after all.
>She idly scratches her chin in thought.
>>"That's...acceptable. Our schedule brings us by often enough to be regular."
>"There's no guarantee they'll bring in enough to supply us each trip, Heart...or worse. What will last us till their first shipment?"
>"I believe there isn't much of a choice otherwise, Pill. I, for one, agree with this."
>>
>>29665222
A compromise than? Split the cost between immediate payments and the contract.
>>
>>29665222
Doctor Pill does bring up a good point. There is no grantee. It's a good thing we have a day or two to sort though this. Why don't we send someone to ask about getting compensated by the Town Hall? And while They're go we can go around ask passenger how much they are willing to pay for all of their treatments? And if that's still not enough then we can break even bay having Low Tide transport goods free of charge.
>>
>>29665274
>>29665336
>Doc Pill does bring up a good point, there are no guarantees.
>But good thing you've got a little time to sort this out, as long as the quarantine for the ship lasts.
>In the meantime you can see if Town Hall has anything for you, and go around asking the passengers how much they're willing to donate.
>Otherwise, there's still getting the Captain to transport the drugs free of charge, all that will need is the cost of the drugs.
>So you'll break even...SHOULD, break even. At least.

"Maybe we can compromise. We'll see what we can get now, and leave the rest of the costs to be paid later through installments or by getting the medicine brought in for free."
>"Quarantine will keep us in port for a few days..." Captain Tide muses.
"And while that happens, we can send someone to ask about compensation from the Town Hall. With all those put together, it should be enough to pay all of us."
>>"Good idea, Heart...why don't you head over while the rest of us handle the passengers?"
>"So eager to send the pony off? I have business to take care of back in town, I'll stop by town hall." Clinical says.
>"Not so fast, CC. I'd wager my apprentice here has better negotiation skills than you do." Pill retorts.

>"Hello again! What's going on?"
>Pestle pops in, looking much more refreshed than before.
>"...don't suppose she could go?"
>"Go? You mean...off the ship? I don't think I'd get through quarantine."
>>
>>29665554
That and she's a visitor. While Heart is a little more familiar.
>"Go? You mean...off the ship? I don't think I'd get through quarantine."
What makes you say that? You DID take the right precautions to minimize the chance of self infection. Right?
>>
File: 1485130303138.png (250KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485130303138.png
250KB, 1024x1024px
>>29665554
>The diverse landscapes of the Zebra homeland has also made them great athletes.
Wew. Is she single?
>>
>>29665605
Ok. Maybe that was to much to soon again. My bad.
>>
>>29665554
Sleeping is not an option after that coffee. Sure why not.

How came the race book (Google doc) doesn't include information? We're the cows something you thought of after the document, or do we have to find and aquire another volume?
>>
>>29665563
"What makes you say that? You DID take minimizise your risk of infection, didn't you?"
>Sleeping sure isn't an option after that coffee.
>"Uhh...sure! Those I could think of at the time, anyways."
>Pestle shakes her head.

>"But the quarantine in place is for everyone who came with the ship, remember? Even if I'm not carrying the plague, everything else I have might as well be."
>The Zebra points to the shawl around her neck, and her bag across the room.
>>"Don't forget that something could hitch a ride on her skin." Pill says.
>"He's right. Besides...I have no idea how to get there."

>>29665658
The only hint I will give to that is this: Heart has had the book for quite a long time. It is not unreasonable to assume that there could be some missing info in any way that wouldn't be present at first glance, would it?
>>
>>29665726
Boy will her uncle be suprised. Let's get going to the Town Hall then.
>>
>>29665726
>"But the quarantine in place is for everyone who came with the ship, remember? Even if I'm not carrying the plague, everything else I have might as well be."
Well that's a no for you captain. It'll be just the medical staff that came aboard that can leave. Now, were there only two clinics on this island since we've only seen Doctors Pill and Clinical? Where the rest of those lazy bums go?
>>
>>29665726
I have a very important question to ask. Is Cold Clinical fuckable? She milf or gilf?
>>
>>29665741
>>29665753
>No one that came with the ship is going off till quarantine lifts?
>Boy will her uncle be surprised when he gets here.
"I guess only the medical staff that came aboard yesterday can leave...wait, are there only two clinics on this whole island? Where do the rest go?"
>"Who knows? Maybe there's a mysterious third clinic somewhere else in town. Just get going, Heart." Snaps Doc Pill.
"Right! Right. Going..."

>You make it off the ship and onto dock with little trouble, save for the time it took to confirm you weren't a passenger.
>Keeping with what was said earlier, you elected to leave your things behind on the ship.
>And because it was just extra time for things you wouldn't need. It's not like there'd be some emergency situation coming your way, right?
>...right?

>The Town Hall of Anima, sometimes referred to "Town Hall" and "The Government place", was the kind of building you'd often saw passing by, but had no reason to enter.
>Not till today, that is.
>Grey and stony, much like most of the central island's buildings, it stands tall as the offical administration building of Anima.
>About half a story taller, in fact.
>The first floor stands higher than most buildings around.
>To your surprise, the entry lobby is devoid of life.
>Empty except for the furniture common in waiting rooms, the front desk and all that comes with it, and a few potted plants.

>Each step you take echoes slightly on the tiled floor.
>Is no one in here right now?
>A shiny silver bell sits on the counter.

>>29665767
Technically, anything is if you're brave enough, anon.
>>
>>29665817
Try ringing the bell, repeatedly.
>>
>>29665845
>With no one in sight...there's only one thing to do.
>Your hoof stretches out, and sharply comes down on the ringer.
>A sharp ding sounds out, echoing down the side halls.
>But silence is all that returns.

>With your suspicions confirmed, you repeat your action.
>Ringing the bell as repeatedly as your hoof will allow, the cacophony of dingalings sounding off into the distance.
>...Swift would be proud.

>The rising sound of galloping hoofsteps in your ears cuts your ringing short.
>Before long a young cow, brown coat contrasting the red dotted bow around her neck, comes running from the side.
>She comes to an abrupt stop before you, a tray of papers resting on her back.
>A stray sheet floats down.
>"Welcome to the Anima Town Hall, how may I help you?" She greets with a nervous grin.
>It falters for a split second as she picks up the fallen document, setting the tray aside.
>You can see a name tag on her scarf-bow-thing. It reads "Lucille"

Pausing here
>>
>>29665973
Good morning miss Lucille, there was a ship that arrived full of plague-ridden individuals, a lot of medicine was used to counter this plague. To whom should I speak to in order to receive compensation in the form of bits to order more medicine for future emergencies?
>>
>>29665973
Hello uh. Lucille. I would like to know if the town hall is able to compensate the medical expenses used on a ship that was afflicted with the bubonic plague. We were considering asking for compensation from the ship crew and passangers, but I thought heck, why not ask the town hall?
>>
>>29665817
Ok, but how old does she appear to be? All I know is that she's slightly taller then Heart.
>>
>>29665973
Woo her with our charm. Failure is an option. Means you get practice, and if he does fail just play it off as a joke.
>>
>>29667517
bump
>>
>>29668625
>>
>>29667517
What charm?
>>
>>29669202
Exactly. This is a good time to practice.
>>
>>29669257
>>
>>29665973
Tell her that she looks lovely and we would like to apologies for the constant bell ringing. Ask her about the plague ship and the medical costs, and if the Town Hall is able to cover any of the expenses.

Whisper and ask if she pays any taxes.
>>
>>29665973
Do she got the booty?
>>
>>29670411
>>
>>29672192
>>
>>29676128
>>
>>29677386
>>
>>29679000
>>
>>29679812
>>
>>29681344
>>
>>29682515
>>
Thanks for keeping the thread bumped, guys. I've been busy these past few days, and will be for a bit of tomorrow. I'll try to get a post out today, but it's likely I can do a session on Sat
>>
>Aww, well doesn't that just look lovely on her!
>The neckwear really compliments her body...shape?
>Makes her look pretty young, more than most other cows you've seen.
>Like she could pass off as Terry's sister, though you'd know better than to assume.
>That'd just be...racist?
>Ergh, no time to practice your social skills now, there's finances to talk about!

"Hello, uh...Lucille. Sorry for the bell, you look lovely today!"
>The mess of a greeting just falls right out, doesn't it?
>But you think you saw a the sides of her mouth twitch upwards for a split second.
"There was a ship that arrived last morning, infected with the plague. A large number of the passengers got infected, so all the clinics in town...and some others...chipped in."
>You were hesitant to call everyone who helped out "doctors" per se, as only Pill and Clinical held medical doctorates as far as you knew, despite their effective..methods.
>You're not really sure what Rising Sun did, actually?
"A whole lot antibiotics and other medicines had to be used up to treat them, and so we've begun to run low on supplies, which would leave us underequipped for any future emergencies."
"We're trying to work out some solution, so to help with that I'd come here to ask: Is there any sort of compensation we can receive? Money for ordering new medicines? Things like that."

1/2
>>
>>29686409
>Lucille makes a 'tsk' sound under her breath, muttering just adudibly enough for you to pick up a word or two.
>Something about an 'aide' and 'replacement'.
>A moment passes, the cow appearing to concentrate on some invisible thought bubble to her upper right.
>"Uhm...right. Well, there is some set aside in the town's treasury for emergencies such as this...though I wouldn't call it 'all encompassing.' You said it was a plague?"
>She reaches for some document under the lip of the counter, puts a pen in her mouth, and starts writing.
"The bubonic plague, specifcically."
>"Coul yah sfell it ou, 'lease?"
"B U B O N I C."
>With a faint 'ptoo' she throws the pen aside.
>"Okay then, I've filled an enquiry form for review, though I can't guarantee that all your...colleagues may get full compensation."
>"How much would you say you would need altogether? There wouldn't be a receipt for this kind of thing, would there?"

2/2
>>
>>29686411
Maybe we should go back and get a copy.
>>
>>29686411
Haven't had a chance to take inventory yet. We have made a deal with the ship's captain, but it might not cover the full cost and wouldn't do anything about the supplies we've used now.
>>
Dog
>>
>>29579747
>>
I'm waiting QM.
>>
bunp
>>
Where are you Hippocrates-kun?
>>
>>29694742
>>
>>29686411
We should probably say that we'll get back to her on that. Take stock of what all was used and give a receipt for everything. We won't get all of the money, but between that and the deal we'll hopefully break even.
>>
>>29697572
>>29688613
>>29686772
>Ooh, damn.
>You haven't had the chance to take inventory yet, not personally.
>Sure, you've got that deal in the works with Captain Tide, but that won't cover the full costs.
>Nor will it do anything for the stuff you've already used.

"Um, I'll have to get back to you on that. Could I come back later with a copy of the...receipt?"
>"Sure. That'll be fine. I have the form filled out, so I'll send it in once I get it."
>She sighs tiredly, leaning back in her chair for a moment.
>"First the councillor's aide and now this...the day never ends..." You hear her say to herself.

>Well, looks like you're done here.
>You should probably head back to the ship and check on their progress...though if there are any lingering questions for Miss Lucille here, now might be the chance to ask.
>Who knows when you'll be back with time for an actual conversation? Though she DOES seem busy.
>It's not like you make a habit of coming down here anyways.
>>
>>29697740
We've been out of the loop because of the quarantine, is something else happening in town?
>>
>>29697740
Secretarys have all the deets and up to date need aaaand gossip. Some chat shouldn't hurt.
>>
>>29697740
Ask her about her day first?
>>
>>29697774
>>29697937
>>29698083
"By the way, I haven't been paying much attention to the news around town."
>And that's true...well, you weren't the kind to pay attention to news at all.
>But it's the thought that counts!
"Because of the quarantine and everything. Is there anything else happening around town?"

>"Hm? Nothing really important comes to mind...I've not had a lot of time to read the newspaper myself. Just heard rumors, things people who come to see the councillors say."
>She shrugs.
>"Apparently some of the more supersitious fear there's some kind of ghost in town. Rumors of Changelings, the usual stuff. Towns like this like to talk. I'd know." She smiles knowingly.
"How has your day been, then?"
>"Busy. Really busy. The Gryphon councillor's aide was recently replaced, but the replacement hasn't even arrived yet. So till then that's more work for everyone else. Mostly me."
>Lucille snorts. Guess the others don't like sharing?
>The cow places the tray back on her back, minus some papers.
>"Thanks for the conversation, Mister, but I really should get back to it."
>>
>>29698147
I wonder if the aide might be a passenger on the ship.
>>
>>29698171
This. It might be worth it to ask around.
>>
>>29698171
>>29698304
>A Gryphon who hasn't arrived for the job yet?
>Sounds like they might be a passenger on the ship.
>Could be worth asking around...later.

>You turn around and make your way back towards the docks.
>And to the ship where you have some unfinished business on.
>The dockworkers let you board easily.

>The main deck of the ship is...considerably less busy than the day before.
>Now that you have an answer about official compensation, looking for Doc Pill or someone else is the next step.
>But you get the feeling that once you do, you'll be tied up with the preparations to head back to the clinic.
>This could be the last chance to do other things, barring another visit, of course.
>>
>>29698147
Alright. Ve seeing you later. Lets leave her to her work for now and head back to the ship for the manifesto of whatever.
>>
>>29698545
We can go find Pestle and make some small chat. Maybe offer her a bit of praise for aiding in the recovery and slowing the sickness.
>>
>>29698545
Find zeeb waifu and show her we put the D in Doctor.
>>
>>29698697
>>29698668
>You set out around the ship, looking for your new Zebra friend, Pestle.
>Make some small talk, tell her she did a good job keeping the illness at bay.

>The winding corridors aren't helping your search much, but you do eventually find her.
>Not in the sick bay as you'd originally expected, but in actually just bumping into her walking around the deck.
>She's currently in the tail end of a conversation with Captain Tide, actually.

>"Are you sure there's no way I could even get a message out? Something? Anything?"
>Pestle is still wearing her scarf around her mouth, you see.
>UNderstandable enough. After all the ship isn't exactly clean just yet.
>"I know you'll need to your uncle face to face, but you know that none of us can leave the ship until quarantine is over. And that'd take days. At least."
>"Yeah, yeah...I just hope it lifts before then..."
>The Zebra seems to notice your presence with an aside glance, and cuts her conversation short.
>"Oh, Heart! Hello. Looking for your Doctor Pill? He should be here somewhere..."
>>
>>29698797
Would you like us to have a message delivered for you?
>>
>>29698797
Yes we are looking for Doctor Pill, but we thought it would be nice to find you first before we continue with more work.
>>
>>29698838
>>29698817
"Yeah, but I thought I'd find you first. No telling what else he'll need me to do..."
>Pestle lets out a light chuckle at that.
>Low Tide has already made herself scarce.
"Would you like me to deliver that message for you? I assume you're talking about your uncle."
>"Oh, I wouldn't make you go so far out of your way just for me. Besides, you don't even know who to look for."
"I might, if you'd tell me about him."

>The other Zebra frowns into a scrunch, clearly considering the action.
>"Well...yeah, okay. Better than nothing, I guess." She relents.
>"Uncle Faalsan is a Zebra, carrying a bag much like the one I have. He doesn't normally wear anything, but he does wear some earrings things like that, much like Shamans."
>Her hooves move around, giving you an approximate idea of what this Zebra should look like.
>"It'd be hard to miss him too, he's got some a scar across his right eye, so he can't see out of that one."
>"Was there anything else? Or did you just want to offer to do my work for me? I'd gladly accept." She grins.
>>
>>29699002
Any idea where he might be? It'd be a good idea to narrow down the locations we'll need to search.
>>
>>29699002
Did he say when and where you two were going to meet up?
>>
>>29699015
>>29699206
"Eheh, sorry. I've got my own workload to handle. Did he say where your uncle might be? When would you two meet up?"
>"Meeting? Oh, right. Well there's the shop we were planning to open on the edge of the dock area...remind me to give you the address later."
>She pats herself down for a moment, resuming the conversation when she remembers her stuff isn't on her right now.
>"But there's also the chance we'd have to stay a few nights elsewhere, but I don't know the town well enough to say where he'd look for a room."
>"If nothing else, there's checking the outskirts of town? I won't worry, my uncle can take care of himself. It's more likely he'll find you first!"
>The Zebra puncuates her little joke with a small laugh.

>Unfortunately, your own conversation is cut short by a new arrival.
>A crewmember comes running down the hall, a pegasus, her little hat almost flying off.
>"Hey Pestle! Miss Pestle! There you are! Quick, there's an emergency, something down in the lower cabins! Doc's asking for help!"
>A flash of alarm goes across Pestle's face, turning her serious.
>"Wait, what's the emergency? What's happening?"
>"I don't know! All I know is, now that I've found you, I'll need to get as many of those water bag things as I can get!"
>The other mare quickly blurts as she takes off down the hall. Back towards the sick bay.

I fell asleep for a while, so I'm gonna pause here.
>>
>>29699326
She said that Doc is there too so we might as well hurry to the sick bay as well.
>>
>>29699326
Water bags? Does that mean saline injections? Did we use all of ours? If not, grab our bag and head down there. If we're out, head down there anyhow and see if we can be of help, perhaps by fetching more from the clinic?
>>
>>29699326
Is this the room with the Minotaur and Griffin?
>>
Zebra butts
>>
>>29699326
Now in wondering if we should rush back to the clinic to grab as many bags of saline as we can possible carry, or go down and ask what's going on? I think we should go down there and ask. The crew member could have forgotten something. Do we have a key to the clinic?
>>
>>29699326
Take passive glances at her butt again ask you make your way down. If anyone questions you, just say you're curious about her cutiemark, glyph mark thingy.
>>
>>29701676
Forget about it. The butt staring post was stupid. I don't want Heart Beat to be a creep.
>>
>>
>>29704318
2x10
>>
>>29699326
>be Heart Beat
>People have more important things to do then look at him
>will never have a special somepony
>>
8 bump
>>
>>29708741
>>
>>29703350
This. We want to be liked. Can't do your job if you're in jail for sexual harassment.
>>
>>29701104
>>29699557
>>29699642
>>29699802
>Water...bags?
>She must have meant saline.
>Is this for that room with the Minotaur and Griff you treated earlier?
>Either way, you've used up yours, so you make a note to grab whatever's left from the pile.
>Sounded urgent enough that going back to the clinic is not an option.

>You descend back down to the lower cabins, a few bags of saline in tow.
>From appearances, it looks like nothing's changed...except for the open door not too far from you.
>It seems your suspicious were correct.

>Inside, Doc Pill is in 'Doctor mode', as best you can describe it.
>A few empty saline bags lie littered on the floor, as he hunches over the bed of the minotaur, Asterius.
>Genevieve seems to have been moved out of the room, but in a hurry. The sheets don't even look made.
>He injects a syrings, turning breifly to toss the needle into a bag when he notices you.
>Levitating the bags off you, he turns back around before saying anything.
>"There you are, what took you so long? While you were chatting it up at Town Hall some of these patients have decided that now's the time to start bleeding internally."
>Doc Pill squeezes the partially drained bag a few times. It looks like it's almost finished.
>"Septic shock. He's used up a few bags already, even with increased blood pressure, and it's starting to seem like we should consider...other options."
>Normally in severe cases of blood loss transfusions are the only option.
>And when Doc Pill starts talking about alternatives...the prognosis isn't going to be super cheery.

Gonna be busy some of today and all of tomorrow. I'll see if I can make a few posts later today, but I doubt I can get a full session in.
>>
>>29710846
What do Doctor?
>>
>>29710846
Little confused. Septic Shock damages the organs and dangerously lowers blood pressure right? When Doctor Pills mentions 'high blood pressure,' is he saying the septic shock caused the high blood pressure, or did all the bags of saline increased the Minataurs blood pressure?
Can we even do a blood transfusion? It's not like we can figure out his blood type without equipment.
>>
7 bump just in case
>>
boop
>>
When do we get to fuck the patients?
>>
I've seen this thread up before and I'm now just jumping into it.

Can someone explain the basis of what's going on before I read it just so I understand the basic info?
>>
>>29717309
Right now the MC, a nurse horse, is on a plague ship dealing with a Minotaur with Septic shock. We're trying to figure out now to make him not die. You have any idea's?
>>
>>29717385
Well then.

From what I remember from Medieval Plague Doctors the most common cure for everything is bloodletting.

Lets try that.
I'll read the full green once I get back. That way I can fully understand the circumstances.
>>
>>29717410
Medicine in here is a lot more advanced than that. Like of like now or the twenty first century.
>>
>>29717436
>Like of now
>or the twenty first century

Really?
>>
>>29717686
Yeah. Anti biotic, pills, plastic bags of saline, semi-luxurious passenger cruise ships. If not the 21st, then at least the late 20th.
>>
>>29718385
My point was that it IS the twenty first century. Its like saying "Either right here, or where we are currently located". It's the same thing.
>>
>>29718453
Oh. My bad?
>>
When do we get paaaaaaiiiiiiiid.
>>
Bmup
>>
>>29613399
>Bar Mitzvahs
Good to know Jews exist in horseland.
>>29623989
Ze Griffons control ze world. The griffons are behind it all, even the princess are puppets on strings for the griffons behind the scenes, especially the ones sponsoring the media.
>>29625182
A lost romance from a forgotten time? I sense tension between them.
>>29625357
Aww no rhyming zebra? Well at least she was raised and taught to speak properly.
>>29636147
Sun priest is best horse
>>29647810
Oh. Just good ol competition.
>>29647813
Best. Pony.
>>29658123
>"TIS NOT THE SWORD THAT HURTS, BUT THE CUTS THAT COME FROM IT...AND THAT IS A VERY LARGE SWORD."
best quote.
>>29665973
I can picture this scene perfectly since I've had to do it a couple times.
>>29698797
I sense the friendship becoming a relationship. Hopefully
>>29710846
Time to get to work.

This is good. I am really enjoying it.
A little stressful medical drama green is a nice refresher.
>>
>>29722608
Have you read the earlier threads?
>>
>>29723091
No. Just entered.

I don't see a pastebin either.
>>
>>29723181
cyoa has some things achieved on anonpone
>>
>>
>>29712365
>>29711565
>Septic shock, AND high blood pressure?
>You eyes catch an empty vial nearby, and the big (for the bottle) letters on the label explains it.
>Epinepherine. Among other things, a vasoconstrictor.
>In this case it seems that Doc Pill injected some to try and slow the bleeding.
>But it seems it's still not enough, looking at all the saline bags around.
>And blood transfusion is looking like an even longer shot than it first appeared.

"What...what do we do, Doc?"
>Pill turns around, his look serious.
>"Now, we make a decision."
>"This minotaur..." He leans to glance at the door behind you.
>"Asterius. Has used up quite a few bags of what saline we have left. Do we take a chance trying to stabilize a plage ridden patient? Even if it risks using up what we need for the others?"
>"Or do we save what we have in case someone else needs it too? There are others in better condition who still need maintenance."
>The minotaur's breathing is so shallow you'd almost think the worst if Doc Pill didn't tell you otherwise.
>But to just...let him die? To put it bluntly.
>Even after everything everyone did?
>Surely not everyone down here is going to need the fluids and the drugs so soon?
>>
>>29724581
We've been using up our stock of Saline bags, but what about Me. Clinical? Surely she has her own supplies. M-maybe we can use more saline for Asterius if Clinical or someone goes to her clinic to pick up more bags?
>>
>>29724581
There has got to be more we can do fore him. What about Colds supplies? She should have more back at her place. She couldn't have tajen everything. Do either of the doctors know if there are any other clinics on this island?
Maybe after we deal with the minotaur we can find and convince Faalsan to help too.
>>
>>29724581
What about the griffin? How is she doing?

I like to fantasize about some of the femake patients clinging or reaching for his legs as they're laying down and he's holding various medical equipment in his hooves and magic.
>>
>>29724581
I wonder if the minotaur will be able to afford all these medical expenses. If he survives. Is the other doc taking care of Genevieve?
>>
>>29724826
>>29724711
>>29724672
>>29724604
"Doc, what about Clinical's supplies? What about the griffin that was here? How is she doing?"
>"Don't bother with asking her. CC already poked her head in, she's busy rationing out her own."
>Pill places his hoof against Asterius' large neck, feeling for a pulse.
>"As for the Griffin, she's fine enough. Last I saw her. Her bandages needed changing and she was complaining about being bedridden. If she's good enough to walk she'll be around somewhere."
>Well you sure hope this guy would be able to afford the treatment of all this. If he survives.

>Argh, you half wish Pestle's uncle was the one onboard instead of her. Maybe he'd have...some kind of herb or something to help out.
>But if everyone here is running out...
"What about if I went back to the clinic? Brought back some more saline? I know we don't have any blood to transfuse, but would that help?"
>"You can certainly try. I wouldn't get my hopes up though, his pulse is still there, if weak." Pill shrugs.
>"His lips are dry as rock...when was the last time he had something to drink?"
>>
>>29724937
Not sure. He was like this when we first can by to treat him.
>>
>>29725419
>Last time he had a drink was...you don't know, really.
>Though you do recall-oh, damn! You'd forgot to make sure he'd gotten one yesterday.
>But he was in a state of dehydration for a while. Would he really have been better off for it?
>The minotaur's skin wrinkles and almost shines in it's dryness. Looks like it could flake off at any time. Or crack.

"I'm...I don't really know. I saw him when I first came aboard, and he was already like this."
>"Well then, it looks like his prognosis just went down another notch."
>Pill adjusts the catether going into his arm, sparing a glance at the emptying bag hanging off the frame.
>"I'll give him one more litre of fluids. But after that, well. It'll take a very fortunate set of circumstances to save him."
>"Well go on, get going Heart." Doc Pill shoos you away with his hoof. "Nothing more to do here except wait."
>>
>>29725546
Go back to the clinic and resupply.
>>
>>29725546
Let's check with Doctor Clinical. Maybe we can convince her otherwise.
>>
>>29725558
>Some chance is better than none, you suppose.
"I'll head back to the clinic and pick up some more. It might be enough to keep him alive. If not...then at least we'll have more for everyone else."
>"We'll just have to see, Heart."

>Leaving Doc Pill and the ship behind, you make haste back to your home here in Anima.
>Perhaps because of the 'closed' sign, or perhaps the time of day, the street is...surprisingly unoccupied.
>Not completely barren, just less than you're used to.
>Which is just as well, you don't need any distractions right now.

>Your eyelids feel ever so slightly heavier when you step inside.
>Coffee was never the best subsititue for actual sleep, anyway.
>But you can't take a rest just yet. You search the medicine stores, scrounging up every last bag of IV fluid you think will help.
>Regular saline, Ringer's solution, volume expanders, colloids - if only there were some more bags of blood products left.
>You'd never had much, but carrying enough types to fit all races was hard enough.

>The Sun hangs a little lower in the sky when you arrive back at the ship.
>With haste you head down, back to Asterius' room.
>Doc Pill has left, leaving the door open and the minotaur unattended. But judging from the sounds in the hall, he or someone else isn't too far.
>His last bag sits nearly empty. At least Doc Pill has taken the courtesy to clean up some.

So it seems that things are winding down. If there's no one else, I'll call the session after the next post, to wrap things up
>>
>>29725546
Think he might have a sever case of Eczema? I mean really what's with this full body dryness?
>>
>>29725868
Check his pulse. Has it improved?
>>
>>29725868
I wonder if a lot of Vaseline or petroleum jelly could help with the skin problem.
>>
>>29725885
>>29725895
>>29725906
>You place your hoof on his neck - over the jugular vein - and find it...almost gone.
>Actually, you just can't feel any.
>You place your hoof in front of the minotaur's nose instead, and get a slightly more optimistic response.
>He's still breathing, faintly. Barely.
>So either you just sucked at taking a pulse, or the blood has started to clot internally, and just hasn't reached a point where it can stop his whole system yet.

>Tearing your mind from the gravity of his condition you quickly turn your attention to the rest of him.
>The dehydration must be pretty bad to dry out his skin.
>Heh...you remember your mother always asking you to put balm on your lips just for that reason.
>...though with how dry he is putting on balm or jelly or anything to stop the water loss won't help if there's no water going into him in the first place.

>He still feels relatively warm, at least.
>You don't expect a body to grow cold in these conditions till a day or so after death anyway.
>His arms lie flat, trying to move them shows they're practically limp.
>Asterius' bag of saline drips ever lower. Soon it will be all out.
>>
>>29726170
This doesn't seem good at all.
With his size he would use up more stuff then needed.
Sometimes it's better to sacrifice one to save a hundred.
Hopefully the Pastor can give him last rights.
>>
>>29726170
How many bags has he gone through?
>>
I'm reading up on the types of saline....
>>
>>29726170
How long ago has Doctor Pill has left the room? What kind of bags have we been using? The regular saline, Colloids, Volume expanders, Ringer's solutions?
>>
>>29726170
Shit. Maybe we should have done some more when we first saw him.
>>
>>29726170
Play the world's smallest violin
>>
Fuck him.
>>
>>29731216
Go lock the door and fuck him. He's gonna die anyways.
>>
>>29731325
Anon please, who knows what kind of diseases we'll contract if we do that.
>>
>This doesn't seem good at all.
>From the looks of things, and your memory from the sight when Doc Pill was still in here, he's used up relatively many for so short a time.
>Normal saline is what you mostly recall bringing aboard and using the first time, but there could have been more.
>Which leads to the problem...

>With his size he'd possibly use up more than needed. The needs of the many, as the saying goes...
>It doesn't sit well with you, there's the whole Hoofocratic oath you know.
>Which you didn't really take since you're not a doctor, but the spirit of it is what counts.
>Damnit, you should've done more when you had the chance!

>Hopefully Rising Sun can take care of him if he hasn't already.
>Just one last change of bags before you go. If he's going to go at least he'll be sleeping during it.

>With Asterius...dealt with, you clean up, step out, and close the door.
>Perhaps for the last time.

>Back up top, you eventually meet up with Doc Pill, who tells you it's time to begin preparations to head back to the clinic.
>All the while grumbling about a lack of sterile protocol, of course.
>In truth you'd likely be in quarantine with the ship just like the rest for...up to a week, if necessary. Or more.
>But the people of Anima wouldn't do too well either without anyone to run their clinics and dispense sage medical advice.
>'Don't lick the yellow snow', for one.

>With the issues of payment and such taken care of there isn't anything else keeping you on board after packing up.
>Captain Tide agreed to settle for free transport of goods for the moment, given the uncertainty of some of the patients.
>Only time would tell if any more mortalities would show.
>All that's left is dropping off the invoices, collected from Doctor Pill. Doctor Clinical decided to file her own request.
>Still, Pestle and Giraud and Low Tide were nice enough to wave their goodbyes as you left.

[cont]
>>
>>29731525
>The Sun was setting when you arrive back at the clinic, tired, and kinda hungry.
>Your eyelids felt heavy enough, carrying everything back. You could just fall asleep right then and there.
>Or, your eyes could. Your mind was as awake as the day before. A familiar feeling, it would give way to tiredness if you gave yourself a moment to rest.
>Doc Pill walks off to the rear end of the clinic, dumping his load of leftover supplies unceremoniously into a corner.
>"I need something to drink." He says from the back. "If you're going out later, make sure you dispose of the trash first."

I'd have posted this earlier, but I got held up with stuff my family needed me to do. I won't say I'm completely free today, but here's a post, just in case.
>>
>>29731533
Maybe if we gave him, one more bag. He could've made it. Maybe.
Sleep wont cone easy tonight.
>>
>>29731533
Do we have any food to eat? I want to keep exposure to people to a minimum off the chance we spread it. Stupid I know, but it can't hurt to be sure.
>>
>>29731533
Let's go eat and prepare for bed. If we're still awake by the he can read a book.
>>
>>29731984
>>29731676
>>29731583
>You're feeling the tired right now.
>Among other things.
>If you'd just done more when you had the chance...no.
>You can't let yourself fall into that kind of trap. But sleep won't exactly come easy tonight.

>First thing though, food. The kitchen is reasonably stocked: eggs, veg, fruit, few dry goods.
>It doesn't take too long to make something simple.
>And you can't get much simpler than a sandwich. The filling was...whatever you found, but with your belly no longer empty, you get yourself a drink of water before heading to bed.
>Doc Pill has already left for his by the time you're ready.

>Setting yourself up in bed you move the bed to let the moonlight shine down in front of you.
>Light reading before bed is a surefire way to make the time pass faster.
>You open up that one book, your "manual of diseases". You've read the thing plenty, but lacking some other suitable reading material...
>Well you'd rather not go through a heavy textbook right now.

>Heh, it's strange, but considering the number of species here in Anima, you're surprised that some things aren't included.
>Bovines, for one. You'd have thought a race with two general forms for each gender would have been something to write about.
>Perhaps...you've just gotten an old edition. This book is as old as you, after all. Perhaps slightly older.
>Or, maybe some pages just fell out and you never noticed?

>Your eyelids droop ever lower, the moon illuminating your sparse, but suitably comfortable room.
>The mattress is thin in places, but the blanket and pillow are soft in ways that can only come from repeated use.
>You daresay you've even gotten used to the place.

I'm sorry for the short session, but I think I'll have to take a break for a while. Plan out what's going to happen next, things like that.
[Prologue complete]
Not really, tho
>>
>>29732110
>>
>>29732632
>>
>>29734900
>>
>>29732110
Wet dreams about Pestle
>>
>>29737301
Nah.
{spoiler} About Swift {/spoiler}
>>
>>29737395
I dun goofed
Fuck... I need sleep...
>>
>>29737408
>>
>>29732632
>>
>>29738669
>>
>>29739336
Y
>>
>>29739702
Ok
>>
I hope Heart got paid.
>>
>>29734900
>>
Do no harm
>>
Zebra booty bump.
>>
>The morning comes shining into your eyes in an instant.
>Your book sits upside down to the side, your legs tangled up in the blanket.
>Head swirling with the remnants of a dream about...something you can't remember, you take a peek out the window.
>It doesn't show much else other than the street behind, but it's the sky you're looking at. Mid morning, you'd guess.
>It's as if time didn't pass from last night. But you know it did, if only because of the hard knocking on your door.

>Grumbling about the interrupted slumber, you make your way over and see what Doc Pill wants from you.
>He stands, lacking his usual shirt/tie/coat combo for work, looking like he hasn't spent much time out of bed either.
>"We've used up quite a bit of our stock yesterday, so I'll need you to double check the inventory. We won't be opeining today either."
>A piece of paper floats over to you.
>"Here's how much should be left over, from my count. Just make sure it gets done by the end of the day."
>Which means you get some free time, as long as the work gets done.
>A quick scan of the list shows you shouldn't take more than half the day to get it done, leaving you with quite a bit extra.
>"I'll be going out, so I expect you'll take care of this properly. Alright, Heart?" Doc Pill gives you that lowered 'You need to get this done' look.
>>
>>29749018
So it's just a list of what's left? Alright. It shouldn't take too much time to get it all done. Does Doctor Pill remember if we sorted something out with the mayor and some of the patients? Yesterday is a little hazy.
>>
>>29749018
Lets get the work out of the way than.

>>29749053
Patients might not survive so no reliable deals can be made with them yet and the mayor is waiting on an invoice of how much we used.
>>
>>29749018
Of course! When have I ever failed you?
>>
>>29749018
Where are you going doc?
>>
>Just a list of what's left then. Right, shouldn't take much time.
"Of course, Doc! When have I ever failed you?"
>"...do you really want me to answer that?"
"Just a...nevermind. Did you manage to work anything out with the patients yesterday? Town Hall still needs our memo."
>"Paitent payment isn't very reliable just yet. I'll write the memo after you're done checking, then you can go take it to Town Hall."
>That..makes sense. Not everyone on the boat is likely to be in paying shape once everything blows over.

>"I'll be going now, Heart."
"Where are you going, Doc?"
>"Outside."
>Doc Pill turns around to leave, closing the wooden doors shut behind him with a final click.
>...
>...kinda quiet in here...and dusty.

>Figuring you better get the work out of the way, the storeroom is the first place you go.
>The light's need some flicking to properly turn on, and dust falls from the shelves when you open the door.
>It's not the most well kept area of the clinic, considering it's contents.
>You get working counting and checking agains the list Doc Pill gave you.

>Time passes smoothly enough, but taking inventory is never fun.
>You can't help but think a bit of what you'll do with your time off, other thoughts aside.
>The bookstore would be a nice enough place to go to. Secluded enough.
>Or you could chance a meeting with Swift, or go looking for Doc Pill.
>Heck, even go all the way out to the dairy farm where Belle and Terry work, if only for a little while.
>Though you doubt Pestle is an option right now. The quarantine is likely to only get stricter now that it isn't as much of an emergency situation.
>>
>>29749407
Didn't Pestle want us to deliver a message for her?
>>
>>29749469
For her uncle who may or may not even be in town yet.
>>
>>29749407
Swift's a courier, right? If we see him, we should get him to bring us to cool places on the island. Exploring on our own isn't as fun.
>>
>>29749534
We're too heavy for that. I think he's more of a package delivery pony.
>>
>>29749551
Whoops, meant to say that he should bring us along.
Though I won't be opposed to him carrying us.
>>
>>29749407
Didn't Pestle want us to do something for her Uncle? To find him?
>>
>Speaking of the Zebra, you do recall having a message to send...
>Though how you're going to find a lone Zebra travelling over land into town with know knowledge of his location or arrival makes things difficult.
>Perhaps you'll find something along the way. Or he'll find you?

>It's been a while since you've talked with your best friend. The few words during the whole plague boat thing didn't count.
>Perhaps it's high time you get familiar with the town's layout. Swift's a courier, he could bring you around...
>With him, of course. Not in his bag.
>It'd be less boring, at least.

>The work goes smoother, now that you've got something to look forward to.
>But it's exactly work like this that makes you realize...exactly how little sleep you got.
>Eyelids and movements and magic use all feel more sluggish than usual.
>It'll be one of those things that isn't going to have you sleep for the rest of the day till you actually start. You just know it.
>A yawn escapes your mouth as the pangs of hunger begin to form.

>Well then, that's the work done.
>And judging by the sunlight coming in from the windows outside, it's...
>Sometime in the afternoon.
>Damn, you woke up late.

Be stepping out of the house for a while, take your time
>>
>>29749881
is the Doctor back? He said he'd have something for us.
>>
>>29749881
Is there food in the kitchen? We haven't even ate breakfast yet and it's already past noon?
>>
>>29749618
You... I like you...
>>
I say that we head into town and try to find Swift once were done at the clinic. Not only is he a friend that we should get to know better, but we should also find a more reliable way to meet up with him. Also, he could be helpful in finding the Zebra, as he's a courier.

Swift should be our future lover
>>
>>29749881
>>29750172
I'll agree with you one Swift helping us after Doctor Pill comes back with that invoice, but I'll say no to the shipping because of the other potential waifu's and husbando's.
>>
Being held up bu something, post will come later
>>
I'm sorry for taking so long. I had a sudden gut pains, and tried to sleep it off.

Next post will be coming, though. Eventually.
>>
>Has it...has it really been that long?
>You don't even remember eating breakfast, and it's the afternoon? Already?

>The sound of silence is all that fills the clinic at this moment.
>Doc Pill should be getting back soon...eventually...
>Sooner you get the invoice the better.

>But seeing as you're already hungry, a look around the kitchen couldn't hurt.
>It doesn't take long to whip up a quick meal of eggs and toast. Breakfast for lunch seemed fitting.
>When Doc Pill gets back you think you'll head into town and see if you can find Swift. You need a better way to meet up.
>And considering his work, he's bound to see Zebras here and there. He'd be helpful in finding Pestle's uncle.
>...that wasn't racist.

>Eventually, some time after finishing your meal and doing some tidying up, Doc Pill comes in, leaving the wooden door open and closing the metal grate behind it.
>He's looking...honestly, it's a bit strange to see him without his work clothes on at this time of day.
>You've never really noticed, but he looks decidedly un doctor-like without wearing anything that identifies him as such.
>You wonder what he used to do before settling in Anima.
>A newspaper is laid flat against his back.
>"Heart. I assume you've finished, then?"
>>
>>29751292
Yup! Everything is in order.
>>
>>29751292
Yeah. Everything is accounted for. Say Doc...mind if I ask you a few questions? I don't really know that much about you. What did you do before you got to Anima? Also how did you become a doctor? How did you get your cutie mark?
>>
>>29751292
Yeah. Got the memo?
>>
Heart Beat is soft core bottom
>>
bunp
>>
>>29752924
>>
>>29751292
Is doctor pill suckable? Does he have bulging muscles?
>>
>>29750412
But, Swift...
>>
>>29754138
[Spoiler]But nothing. What about Pestle? Or Cold Clinical? Or Doctor Pill? Or that fine young bull that works at the farm? Of that hot bigger zebra bouncer? Or Primrose? Or that bat singer?
>>
>>29754184
Eh fuck it. I tried. But you get my point.
>>
>>29754184
>>29754189
I agree that there are other options, but I still support Swift x Heart.
>>
"Yep. Everything's in order, all's accounted for."
>Doc Pill looks over the list you float over, putting down the newspaper on the counter as he does so.
"You'll write that invoice now?"
>"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it."
>Pill's signutare grumble comes up as he makes his way over to the counter.

"Hey, Doc, mind if I ask a few questions?"
>"What is it?" He doesn't look up from the invoice.
"I...just realized I don't really know that much about you. What did you do before coming to Anima? How'd you become a doctor?"
>You left out 'how did you get your cutie mark' though. That's a bit of a cliche question for now...
>"What's with all these questions into my personal life lately...? Very well, I guess I can tell you some things."
>"Medicine was something I got into relatively young. I earned the title in the Royal Canterlot Acadamies, like most doctors."
>"I didn't go into clinic work straight away though. I travelled the country on hoof, the city had it's own fair share of medical pracitioners already."
>A pause as he cancels something on the invoice and rerwrites it.
>"I went to a lot of places, met a lot of people. Long story, but something happened and I decided it was time for me to try for something more permanent."
"And that something was...?"
>"Personal matter. Not telling you." Doc Pill passes back the completed invoice to you.
>"Now, don't you have somewhere you're supposed to take this?"

>Well, that was informative, wasn't it?
>Doc Pill's life story aside, you now have something else to do: drop off that invoice.
>>
>>29754711
Time to take this to the mayor's now.
>>
>>29754711
Doc, there's nothing else that needs to be done after this, right?
>>
>>29754749
>Time to take it to Town Hall, now.
>The trip there is uneventful, as is the waiting, since you already know your way.
>Lucille is sitting behind the counter this time. She gives you a small wave as you enter.

"Hello again, here's the reciept."
>"Great, thanks! I'll make sure this gets sent in right away."
>A stapler click-clacks as she presumably attaches your memo to that form.
>"If only the rest worked as fast..." She mutters.

>Task 1 done, now to try and find Swift.
>You don't know his usual haunts, but you do know that he'll take his routes through usual means.
>He's likely to pass through the town centre eventually, is what you're saying.
>But it'd be boring to just stand around waiting, you'll need something to pass the time.
>>
>>29755118
Should've brought books.
Engage in small talks with Lucille? If she's not busy.
>>
>>29755118
We can look for the post offices on the island and ask around for a bar pony stallion that goes by Swift. I know we know of at least one post office.
>>
>>29755143
Why should we have brought books?
>>
>>29755192
Reading is a great way to kill time, and having different medical books means that we'll improve our medicinal knowledge while killing time.
>>
>>29755143
>>29755188

>Urgh, should've brought something to read.
>Killing time AND getting smarter?

>There's at least one post office you know of, so perhaps you could go there later, ask for Swift then.
>In the meantime...
>Guess talking with Lucille wouldn't hurt.

"Hey, Lucille. How're things going on now?"
>"Hum? Oh. Well the Gryphon councillor's new aide hasn't come in yet, if that's what you're asking."
>She takes a furtive glance to either side before leaning in to whisper.
>"Councillor Finch is having the rest of us take up the slack till that happens. If this is what the job's like, gotta say I'm happy being a receptionist."
>The cow gives you a conspiratorial look before leaning back.
>"In all fairness, it's probably more managable when it's your full time job."
>>
>>29755232
You don't work full time? Do you know the name of the councillors aid? There could have been a chance they might be in quarantine.
So uh, when do you get off from work? I'm thinking the two of us could hit up this bar I know? A-as friends of course!

Think about the benefits of having a secretary as a friend guys.
>>
>>29755232
Man. The minotaur kind of bummed me out. There a way we could get a letter out to his family or something? Dammit. Should have asked that when the ship was still here in Anima. Hopefully they'll deliver the news.
>>
>>29755263
>implying we're not gonna befriend her from the start
Heart needs more friends.
>>
"You don't work full time here?"
>"Oh, no, I do. What I meant is that handling work from a councillor is probably easier when that's your actual job. As an aide."
"Right. Do you know the name of the new aide, then? They could be onboard that ship in quarantine."
>"Don't know anything about that" she shrugs "I haven't had the chance to read their record or anything."
>"But it would explain the dealy...but plage, you said? I hope they're alright."

>You nod along, thinking how to progress this conversation.
>One idea pops in, but you're not sure if this is the time...
>Ah, screw it. You need more friends anyway. Think of the benefits of making friends with a secretary!

"So when do you get off work? I was thinking we could go visit this bar I know."
>"...Are you asking me out, Mr. Heart?" Her upward inflection and raised brow betrays her likely level of confusion.
"A-as friends! I meant as friends!"
>You blurt out that reply. Oh Heart, you're hopeless.
>"A-ah. Okay." Lucille seems a little startled.
>"Well, I guess so? Sure? I'm usually all free a little past sundown. Around six? Seven?"
>Great. You can feel she'll make a great friend already.
>Or you feel Swift is going to tease you endlessly.
>Same feeling.
>>
>>29755332
Seven tonight works, we could even bring Swift along, if he shows up sometime soon.
>>
>>29755332
Does she know what time is it now? Gotta go find Swift so We can find Pestlexs uncle. And we really need to buy a watch later.

Hey Doc. I noticed something. The frequency of your posts seem odd. It's more frequent than the usual one every one to tree hours. And you're posting on a monday.
>>
>>29755375
Agreed.

What would be considered normal, fun behavior in a bar without going too crazy? Not sure we want to get totally shit faced with our new friend...
>>
>>29755332
>>29755441
>assuming getting shit faced is fun.
Just hanging out with friends and shoot the shit. Make small talk and enjoy each others company as you unwind from a days of work.
>>
>>29755458
Never had more than a sip of alcohol, so yeah, I was assuming that...
>>
>>29755434
>>29755375
>>29755458
>Seven works. Maybe Swift could tag along.
>Hanging out with friends, talking about random stuff, enjoying each others' company...
>You REALLY need more friends.

"Say, do you know what time it is now?"
>"Half past two."
>Well, that was fast.
"How did you-"
>Lucille points past you to a clock hanging on the wall on your right.
>Ah. You really should get a watch later.

>Well, then now that the talk has died down you suppose you should get to finding Swift.
>Question is, should you just wander up and down the town's streets and market aimlessly, park yourself somewhere with a drink?
>Or try the post office? Be more proactive in your search.

As for my post frequency, I live in the GMT+8 timezone. Your sundays are my mondays.
The other reason is that I'm waiting for my graduation ceremony, and have some free time between my parents asking me to do chores and the pressure to look for a job. And vidya.
>>
>>29755542
Post office. And while we're at it, lets ask the employees what they did with their "special package."
>>
>>29755542
Seconding >>29755552
>>
>>29755542
Look at that. Our little unicorn nurse is making friends. Why, it felt like not a few days ago he was a friendless lonely unicorn. *sniff* I got something in my eye.

If the post office don't have a 'Swift in their employ, we can ask them about other postal services and go from there.
>>
>>29755188
>>29755552
>>29755648
>Bidding your goodbye to Lucille, you make the post office your next stop.
>Look at that, you're already making friends! Not only a few days ago, you were just a lonely shut-in.

>The post office looks as busy as ever, workers moving back and forth behind the counter, carrying bundles of letters to large brown wrapped parcels.
>This time, an orange and brown stallion works the counter.
"Hi there, I was wondering if you know about a bar pony named Swift. He works as a courier, does he work here, too?"
>"Bar...don't you mean 'bat pony'?"
"Er, yes. Bat pony. Sorry."
>"Uh huh...swift...swift..."
>He scratches his chin, staring up and to the side in the way most ponies look when they're trying to remember something.
>"Ah! Dark coat, orange eyes, mane and tail that looks like he's the poster model for a line of candy?"
"If you mean 'pink', then yes. That's who I'm looking for."
>"He doesn't work FOR us, officially, but he does do deliveries for us sometimes. In fact, he's due for a pick up later today."
>>
>>29755735
Oh, great! When exactly do you mean by later today? Do you mind me waiting around here for him?
>>
>>29755735
Cool. Do you know when he'll be by? I wanna ask if he's available to help for some errand I'm doing.
>>
>>29755735
So what was with that special package you guys wanted the last time I was here? The Croca flowers and Cherry seeds? An Aphrodisiac?
>>
>>29755788
>>29755812
>>29755831
>That's good. You can just wait here for him to arrive.
>"Great! Do you know when he'll arrive, exactly? I need his help for something."
>The earth stallion runs his hoof over his hair, looking down at something behind the counter.
>"Should be...not too long from now, actually."
"Do you mind if I wait here, then?"
>He shrugs, pointing to a row of seats against the far wall.
>"Go right ahead."

>Now, there is the matter of another question...
>The content of the medicinals you'd delivered here days ago caught your curiosity.
>What would a post office do with croca flowers and cherry seeds?
>You stop the stallion before he can turn away.
"W-wait. Another thing. I delivered a package here a few days ago, croca flower and cherry seed extracts? One of those is an aphrodisiac. Could you tell me what you wanted them for?"

>A look of surprise comes over him, before turning into a...sly look?
>Something that begins with an 'S' for sure.
>"Oh? I thought you looked familiar. Is it really so confusing what a bunch of ponies would do with an aphrodisiac and contraceptive?"
>He winks at you, making air quotes with his hooves.
>"The loads I deliver aren't just mail, you know."
>Ooookaayy....

Pausing here.
>>
>>29755735
Note to self: we might be able to start a conversation with Primrose if she's the bar again tonight. Maybe make small talk with the bouncer another night? Jeez, I hope selene is at the bar again. He voice was as smooth as silk.
>>
>>29755924
Wow. So I take it you and that one mare was....wow. So the cherry seeds are the aphrodisiac while the flowers will work as the contraceptives, yes?
>>
>>29755924
O-oh! I see....
Wasn't expecting that sort of answer.
>>
>be Heart Beat
>single stallion
>no one to love him
>it's not so bad. that's what magic is for.
>try not to cry at the fact he's never known the touch of a lover
>be alone
> fantasizes about being balls deep in the doctor from the other clinic.
>>
>>29755969
>constantly fantasizes about a lover holding him, making him feel safe
>keeps dreaming about the only two ponies he knows on the island
>they get really kinky from time to time
>have to stop himself from accidentally calling Doctor Pill master on multiple occasions
>or worming under Swift's wings for no reason
>>
File: original.jpg (103KB, 900x521px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
103KB, 900x521px
>>
>>29755924
Regret asking that question and do a 180 towards the seats while avoiding eye contact.
>>
>>29755993
I like this. Good job.
>>
>>29756560
Let's make our own green text fiction of Hearts love life.
>likes to look at Dr. Pill as he strips himself of his work atire
>the way his clothes slide off of his body
>at one point almost called him daddy
>wonders what would the doctor do if he found Heart on his bed with rose peddles scattered
>>
>>29757106
>has a huge collection of trashy romance novels
>most of them features a doctor caring for his assistant
>keeps reading to stave off loneliness, even though the novels almost always features diseases with wrong symptoms or just outright doesn't exist in life
>he can't help but fantasize about someone like Doctor Pill tenderly caring for him
>occasionally wish Swift would fall sick so he can lovingly care for him like in those romance novels
>immediately discards that thought and hate himself for even thinking that
>>
>>29757286
>has a secret fetish for bat ponies
>writes his own fanfictions he hides under his bed
>them big bootied bats with their cute fangs, their soft ear tuffs and webbed membranes
>u-unf
>I feel another fanfic coming
>or maybe that's my fuck this time
>>
Doctor Bump
>>
>>29758558
>>
>>29757957
>constantly feels a primal urge to move closer to Swift when they're hanging out
>desperately wants to feel Swift's soft coat rubbing against his own, to feel those fangs with his tongue as their hoofs touch
>started trying to subtly touch those cute tuffs
>pretty sure that Swift knows and started thinking he has a fetish for touching his tuffs
>considering how Swift seems to leave those tuffs exposed to him more often, and even started flirting with him
>maybe that's just how friends work?
>Heart doesn't know
>>
>>29757106
There needs to be a drawing of Heart laying seductively on a bed with rose petals scattered around.
Must be really annoying for the Doc to clean/clear the bed of rose petals though
>>
>>29760264
Not really. They're horses, so they would eat the petals.
>>
>>29757106
>>29757286
>>29757957
>>29759604

...Thank you... you are awesome, I love you...
>>
>>29760931
Ew, gay.
>>
I just wanna say I'm proud of you guys
>>
>>29761456
You like the fanfictions?
>>
>>29761985
I'm just happy there's been something other than my posts and responses to them.
>>
>>29761365
Ew, social interaction.
>>
>>29761365
It might be okay if it's Swift.
>>
>>29762812
Ew, disease ridden bats.
>>
It would be pretty funny if we randomly boop and fluff up Swift's ear tuffs when we see him.
inb4 doing that is as intimate as a pegasus letting someone else preen their wings.
>>
>>29763384
Get you Swift fantasies out of here.
>>
>>29764153
>>
>>29764753
>>
>So him and that mare...or maybe more? You can't see through walls. Might have been more in that room.
>Alarms begin blaring inside your head.
>Something along the lines of "Get the fuck outta here".
>That is what regret feels like, you think.

"A-aha! I...see...wasn't expecting that answer."
>It starts slowly, at first. One step backwards, leading into another.
"Thanks for the help! I'll just go wait...over there..."
>Coupled with some flagellal arm movements. A 180 degree turn...
>And you're away.
>...so the cherry seeds act as a natural contraceptive while croca flowers are an aphrodisiac...?
>Enough about that! Change of subject.
>Note: If Primrose is at the bar again you might speak to her. And perhaps listen to that Selene singer again. She had a nice voice.

>You plant yourself on one of the benches and begin waiting.
>People come and go, parcels and letters change hands and hooves and talons more times than you can count. The sunlight streaming through the windows gradually gets more orange.
>Well, that last part wasn't true. You weren't waiting THAT long.
>Swift eventually walks in through the front doors, looking on all accounts like he just finished some moderate physical activity. His job, in other words.
>A simple but sturdy looking messenger bag hangs by his side, flat and empty.
>A few distant words spoken to the griffin at the counter, and she ducks down for a few seconds, bringing up a box full of bundled letters. She begins sorting through them.

I'll be kinda busy this morning, so the session will be properly starting much later on. but here's a post to get you started
>>
>>29765675
Do we wait for him to be done with the griffin before grabbing his attention?
>>
>>29765675
Let's do a quick hello and ask when he might be done and if he could help us out later if he's not too exhausted.

Actually, we can asked him if he's seen any bite worth zebras about. We're looking for Pestles uncle.
>>
>>29765878
>>29766208
>You wait for Swift's exchange to be over before approaching him.
>His face lights up in surprise when he sees you approach.
>"Heart! I didn't expect to see you here."

"Hey Swift. I was looking for you, actually? Could you help me out with something later?"
>"Hm? What is it?"
"I need to find a Zebra, an older stallion, supposed to either be in town or coming into town."
>Swift tilts his head to the side, placing a bundle of letters into his bag.
>"Bit of a strange request...don't tell me you've met some strange ponies these last few days."
>>
>>29766397
You could say something like that (being cryptic for cool guy points). Has he seen any not worthy zebra stallions then?
>>
>>29766397
Guess you can say that, had to go onto a recently arrived ship to deal with a plague.
>>
>>29766397
Well a plague ship does carry a lot of interesting people. I met one of the other doctors of the island, a miss cold clinical and might I add she had a fine ass? There's also this young herbalist zebra mare whos also into pyrotechnics whom I'm actually doing a favor for right now. Oh! And the most interesting. Riding Dawn. A religious guy who seemed a bit....well he's nice. I think he's the head priest of a chapel on the island.
Am I holding you up? When do you think you'll be finished?
>>
>>29766509
>>29766476
>>29766447
"You could say something like that...have you not seen any worthy Zebra stallions then?"
>You waggle your eyebrows for that cryptic feel.
>"Uhh...define 'worth-" Swift waves his wing claws to make air quotes.

"Nevermind. I guess you could say I've met strange ponies? Plague ship and all that."
>Swift rolls his eyes at the interruption but remains polite enough to nod along.
>"Uh huh...and?"
"And I've met so many interesting people. The other doctor who runs the clinic on the other side of town, she looks...nice."
>"Heart I've passed by that clinic, the lady is old. And bony. Have you seen her cheekbones? Her nurse is much less...scary."
>But you continue on.
"There's a preist from a chapel on the other side of the river, too, Rising Sun. Oh! And there's this young alchemist Zebra I'm doing a favour for. Her uncle's supposed to be coming into town, and I'm helping her find him. Am I holding you up? Whe-"
>"Shhhshshhhshsh!"
>Swift plants his hoof against your babbling mouth.
>"You've got a lot to say today, you noticed that? Don't tell me you've missed me that much."
>The other stallion's hoof is removed.
>"Now, if I caught that right...you want me to keep an eye out for this older Zebra guy. That right?"
>>
>>29766571
Yes! Also, are you free tonight? Wanna go to a bar?

How do we friendship? Do we introduce them when we get there or are we supposed to tell him about it now?
>>
We should ask if he wants to go out with us and Lucille in really awkward manner, heavily implying a date at first, and then getting embarrassed and scrambling to correct it.

Like "Want to go out tonight? With me? And a mare! But not as a date, as friends! Not that there's anything wrong with-" and so on.
>>
>>29766602
Imply it as a date. See reaction.
>>
>>29766571
I missed you enough? I don't really know where to find you other then occasionally at the bar, and now here. Say if you want to hit up the bar, I hope you don't mind me bringing another friend.
>>
>>29766602
We wing it, that's how.
>>
>>29766571
Oh, nevermind then. By the time you're done it'll probably be too dark. Maybe I'll just keep looking for him.
>>
"Yes."
>You nod. Now, for the other matter.
"Also, are you free tonight? I was wondering if you'd like to go out. To a bar."
>"What, you mean...together?"
>He gives you a strange look. More confusion than anything else.
"Yes! Er, not really. Someone else would be coming. A mar...cow. Her name's Lucille, she's the receptionist for Town Hall."

>Swift's expression soon turns into one of surprise. He looks impressed.
>"Well well! Looks like you've found the guts to talk to someone else for once! I'm proud of you, Heart. What took you so long?"
"Yeah yeah."
>You roll your eyes.
"Besides, it's not like I know where to find you. Other than here, I don't even know where you live!"
>"Ooh, well, sorry about that. But I don't wanna reveal my home base just yet. Besides, I usually find you, don't I?"
>"But back to topic. What's this about the Zebra? I'd be happy to keep an eye out, but I kinda have stuff to do..."
>He motions towards his bag.
>>
>>29766761
>"Meeting? Oh, right. Well there's the shop we were planning to open on the edge of the dock area...remind me to give you the address later."
>She pats herself down for a moment, resuming the conversation when she remembers her stuff isn't on her right now.
>"But there's also the chance we'd have to stay a few nights elsewhere, but I don't know the town well enough to say where he'd look for a room."
>"If nothing else, there's checking the outskirts of town? I won't worry, my uncle can take care of himself. It's more likely he'll find you first!"
>>
>>29766761
>"Uncle Faalsan is a Zebra, carrying a bag much like the one I have. He doesn't normally wear anything, but he does wear some earrings things like that, much like Shamans."
>Her hooves move around, giving you an approximate idea of what this Zebra should look like.
>"It'd be hard to miss him too, he's got some a scar across his right eye, so he can't see out of that one."
>>
>>29766761
>He gives you a strange look. More confusion than anything else.
So he's clearly not a homosexual. We've been perceiving him as a flirtatious gay back, when in reality he's just teasing Heart for his lack of a love life.
>>
>>29766761
Why so secretive about your crib mane? Is it messy everywhere? Got some government secrets?
>>
"Right. Right."
>You stand aside, and make way for Swift, inviting him to walk with you.
"The guy's name is Faalsan. He's a Zebra stallion, don't know how his face looks like, but I do know what he wears."
>Swift pushes ahead a few steps to open the door, holding it open for you into the street ahead.
"A simple brown bag, normally doesn't wear anything else except for jewellery. The shaman type: golden earrings, stuff like that."
>You raise your hoof to your right eye.
"And he has a scarred eye. Apparently he's blinded in that one too."
>Swift absent mindedly shuffles through his bundle of letters, nodding without really looking. But you know he's listening.
>The ears give it away.
>"Okay, guess you don't know where he'd be?"
>Now it's your turn to shrug.
"Beats me. There's supposed to be a store him and his niece were supposed to move into, but if that's not ready yet, he'll either be staying in some inn or camping out."

>"So then...I'll take that as a 'no'."
"No....so, about your place..."
>The bat pony groans as your mouth turns into a teasing smile.
"Why keep a secret? Is it unsanitary? Are you a secret agent?"
>"No, no! Well, that last one would be cool, but no. It's...family reasons, okay? Just not the thing I'd rather share in casual conversation."
>Judging by his tone, it's probably embarrassing.
>"Tell me about this 'date' you set up. When is it? I didn't think you'd know where the bars in town are. Unless you weren't talking about one."
>"Is it a night discussing books?"
>He guestures to a stall set up around a wagon. The sounds and smells of cooking well noticable.
>"Street food?"
>He pauses, his face turns into one of mock horror. "You're not going to experiment on us in your clinic's basement are you!?"
>>
Okay, pausing for the day.
Next session should pick up with the beginning of the 'friendly' meeting. Unless there's other business?
>>
>>29766990
Nah. Pick up our girl Lucille and get to socializing.
>>
>>29766979
Great idea! Conducting inhumane(inequine?) experiments on friends is a great way to bond!
>>
>>29766979
>He pauses, his face turns into one of mock horror. "You're not going to experiment on us in your clinic's basement are you!?"
Well, if I were I'd just dismiss that or agree so you know it's a joke, and if I could get both of you drunk enough then I could-oh you were joking.

And I really only know the one bar in town. Why go to other? I didn't think about what we'd be doing. I was hoping we would go where ever the night took us.

If we get him plastered enough then we might be able to weed about something about his family.
>>
>>29766990
We still have time between looking for the zeeb and going out with Lucille and Swift. Can we still go uncle hunting?
>>
>>29769442
>>
>>29770470
>>
>>29771436
>>
>>29766979
Have you ever meet a changelings before?
>>
>>29766979
If we find Faalsan and have some extra time before we have to pick up Lucille we should check out the Bookstore and ask for a catalog for medical books.
>>
The ad will end soon bump
>>
>>29775284
>>
>>29776086
>>
>>
>>29766979
So when are we going to fuck Primrose and give her unicorn babies?
>>
"Well if I were just dismissing or agreeing to that as a joke, it wouldn't be too hard if you were dru-oh."
>Ah, he was joking. Swift is not impressed.
"Er...Good idea! Unethical experiments on friends is a great way to bond with them!"
>The bat stallion sighs, shaking his head.
>"Heart...you need to get out more."
>Ouch. The truth hurts, as they say...

>An awkward cough gets things back on track.
"Well, ah, I really only know one bar in town. I didn't know what we'd be doing for sure, I was planning to just see what happens."
>"So I guess you're going to just....wing it?" Swift says, waggling his eyebrows.
"Yes. Yes I was. So, seven at Town Hall. Can you make it? On second thought, make that a little earlier."
>You wouldn't want to be late.
>Swift waves dismissally, pulling out a flat cap from his bag an putting it on.
>"Pfft...I'm always on time! I'll see you then!"
>He jogs lightly down the street before liftoff with a few flaps of his wings.

>And it looks like you have a few hours till that time comes.
>You doubt it would be fruitful, but you could always try laying out the groundwork for the search for Faalsan.
>Then again...that bookstore is just across the centre of town. It might be helpful to check out their medical books.
>Yours is surely a little out of date, considering how old it is.
>>
>>29778120
Go look for that smoken dilf of a zebra.
>>
>>29778120
Check out the book store for a new volume or update for your book. Or aditional pieces of litiature. After that let's ask the shop keep for the time. If we have enough time to divide between searching for the zebra and then going how to take a shower then I suggest we do so. faggot
>>
>>29778120
Grandpa must be worried sick. Maybe he already heard the news about the plague ship and connected the dots.
>>
>>29778159
>>29778215
>With literally hours to spend...well perhaps you can use it checking a few places off your list.
>You'll pop in for a quick look at the bookstore first, then go ahead and look for Pestle's uncle.
>If he's even in town yet.

>With the daylight you can finally see the oh so darkly coloured sign above the doorway.
>"Book & Books"...not the prettiest name, but hey, it does it's job.
>Inside the clerk pony is kicking back against the wall, resting her hooves under the counter.
>Noticably this is not the same pegasus that was here the other night. This time, it's a bat pony.
>Slightly strange to see one out at this time of day.

>Your entry rings a bell tied to the door, and the purple and purple bat calls out to greet you.
>"Hello! How can I help you?"
>She adjusts a hat, the kind you normally see in use in colder regions.
>While you're sure this pony must be happy to do something other than wait, you do know what you're looking for, after all.
>You've been here before.
>>
>>29778714
Get a new volume of Professor Healing Word’s big bo-Manual Of Diseases, And How To Cure Them!
>>
>>29778714
Good day to you ma'am. I was here last time and I know what I want, but thank you.
>>
>>29778714
Ask if she's heard of that one singer, Selene. She's pretty great. We'd be never heard someone sing like her before.
>>
>No need to bother the pony if you don't need anything, you suppose.
"Hi, thank you. I've come here before, so I'm just here to look for a specific book."
>Pleasantaries aside you immediately go back towards the rear of the bookstore, towards the shelves you recognize.

>The 'Big Book'-er, 'Manual of Diseases and how to cure them', by Professor Healing Word.
>Damn, now you're doing it.
>It doensn't take too long, you recognize how it looks...there.
>Same book, but one thing stands out.
>'Third edition'. So it seems yours was out of date after all.
>A quick flip through confirms it. Perhaps there's newer, more informative versions out there, but it seems this one is new enough to be the main one in circulation.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/11h8K7cfLDZjmwzBkNy0D61lftHKnsf5R48dHOW0xOnc/edit?usp=sharing

>Holding it aloft in your magic, you go back to the front desk.
>"Hm, not every day somepony takes one from the shelves at the back." She remarks. "That'll be...38 bits."
"Here you go."
>A decent enough cost, you suppose. It's not like you have a habit of spending dozens of bits at the drop of a hat.
"Say, do you know the time?"
>You inquire as you pass the coins over.
>"Oh, it's about..." she leans over to look under the counter. "Half past four. Rounding up."

>Still plenty of time before seven.
>You did say you'd do some searching for this Faalsan Zebra, but matter of fact is, you don't have a clear place to start.
>'If he isn't staying at an Inn he's probably camping just outside town' sums up what you know.
>>
>>29779018
Alright. I guess we go for outside of town. The walks probably good for us. Get our daily exercise.
>>
>>29779018
Odds are, Swift's gonna be going through the town. Check the outskirts of town.
>>
>>29779177
True, but as a natural flier, what would take us hours could be don't in a half an hour.
>>29779018
If Swift has enough time to help us before we pick up Lucille, then he can take on the outskirts while we check the inns.
>>
>>29779177
>>29779170
>>29779193
>With Swift probably keeping an eye out inside town, it only makes sense for you to cover elsewhere.
>Outside town it is then...at least you'll get some excercise.

>Thankfully it's pretty much a direct line through the central market to the outskirts of town. The main road in takes you across a bridge spanning one side of the river.
>Wide enough to handle a few carts at once, tall enough to let most types of boat through. The bigger ones pass on the other side of town anyway.
>You'd passed through this area once on your way in. Unlike most others, you took the land route into town. It's interesting to see how little has changed.
>Plains stretch for some distance before forest begins towards the north and east.
>But directly along the river banks lie the houses and some small farms taking advantage of what flood plain there is.

>Towards the southeast lies some uneven land, sometimes wet, like the marshes on the other side of the river, but dry this time of year.
>Right now, every direction looks like a possible place a roving Zebra herbalist could have set up camp.
>>
>>29779288
Lets try the southeast. Might be some interesting plantlife around there.
>>
>>29779288
Maybe head towards the riverbanks? We can at least ask if the ponies living there has seen the zebra or not.
>>
>>29779381
>>29779380
>Hoisting yourself up on a convenient tree stump, you consider the options.

>The southeast could have some interesting plantlife, though it's hardly a bog.
>It's mostly devoid of large clusters of trees, and while there might be some interesting plants and space for a lone Zebra's camp further out...
>...it's nowhere within eyesight that's for sure.

>The riverbanks on either side seem slightly more promising.
>Even if all you can do is ask around if they've seen a Zebra matching Faalsan's description.
>Eh, you could do both.

>You go from place to place (with visible ponies, at least) asking around for him, and you get varied replies.
>A few only hear the 'Zebra' part before pointing you back towards town.
>Or worse, calling on a Zebra who doesn't match his description at all.
>On one occasion, you were chased off by one irate Zebra grumbling about 'racist pinheads'.
>Pleasant chat, that was.
>At least you had a nicer one when you passed by that workshop again.

>After what must have been an hour or so going from place to place you find yourself at a small inn to rest your hooves.
>Well...'Inn' would be kinda stretching it. 'Rest stop' is more approproate. It sells food and drinks under one roof, but has no reasonable space of it's own to house anyone.
>...guess that makes it more of a resturant?
>The muscles of your thighs ache in minor discontent at all the walking you've done, thankful for the rest.
>You'd waved off the offer for a drink, for now, preferring to sit down first.
>The pony working the stall might have seen something, seeing as you've yet to speak to her, but after everything else you're not optimistic.
>Chances are, Faalsan is elsewhere, by process of elimination.
>IF he's even near town yet.

Pausing here today
>>
>>29779503
We might as well ask anyhow. Order something light, seeing as we're going to be eating elsewhere soon. Maybe just a drink with some electrolytes, like tomato juice or something to help with the muscle work we've done.
>>
>>29777940
>>
>>29779707
>Guess you might as well ask. Perhaps you'll order something light.

>Giving a light wave, you walk up to the pony at the counter.
"Hi there, what's the lightest thing you have?"
>"Water."
"Err, got any juice?"
>The mare nods. Pointing to a few fruits sitting in line.
>"Sure. We've got kiwi, pineapple, watermelon, and banana. You can have them as-is too."

>Well that sure sounds nice. A refreshing drink to help with the muscle work you did.
>You'd ask for tomato, going purely for nutritional value, but since that's not an option...
"I'll have some pineapple juice, please."
>The pony nods, getting to work. And before long a tall glass of yellow foamy liquid stands before you.
>Passing the two bits over to her as payment, you move on to your other question.

"Thanks. Have you seen any Zebras coming in from outside town, by any chance? Wearing gold rings, has a scar over his right eye."
>You take a sip waiting for her reply.
>The sharp acid-sweetness of fresh pineapple coats your tongue, flowing down your throat.
>"I...think I saw somepony like that? Yesterday. I didn't know if he was wearing gold, he had a cloak on, but I did see the scar. Blind there, too."
>She points down the road, in the direction out of town.
>"He didn't go into Anima like most, but headed towards the forest after he had some rest."

Single post
>>
>>29780314
Ah, thanks! Check/Ask for the time, is there any time for us to go on a stroll in the forest?

Did you have fun in the merged boards?
>>
>>29780314
Oh. Well thanks I guess. Does she know what time is it and if she knows if there's a place nearby that sells watches?
>>
>>29780395
Posted some art I had from an older quest. Realized how much art was made by a single artist for that one quest. Kinda wish I had a dedicated artfag, too...alas, my writing isn't good enough, I guess
>>
Someone ready to post NEW THREAD!
>>
>>29783184
HELLO!?
>>
>>29783184
What?
>>
Guess I might as well make a new thread then...eventually.
Thread posts: 475
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.