[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

So what the fuck was his problem with the old design? It was thought up by somebody else other than him and he had to change it out of spite? He - Mike Vogel.
>>
>>29570364

Old luna is really edgy for little girls, that why they create the new luna
>>
maybe they thought luna looked too wimpy compared to celestia.
>>
>>29570383
I would say this.
>>
The new design like most designs in season 2 were probably thought up by Mike Vogel himself, but he's so talentless he had somebody else draw it for him.

Compare the dragon designs in season 2 and season 6 to the original ones from season 1.

Either way Luna's new design was conceived by an amateur. Look at those abysmal proportions and that horrible eye lid.
>>
>>29570364
Why do you think Mike had anything to do with this? Doesn't it make more sense that it'd be Jayson or Wootie since they were the directors?
>>
>ITT people assign blame to imaginary foes
Get some sources before you start bitching about somebody.
>>
>>29570711
I did, I did believe that originally since season 2, but then I heard of Mike and noticed that he's far above a show director. Plus because I've never heard of Vogel up until he said something about having to do with the ending for magical mystery cure.
>>
>>29570383
Ironically, we've seen Luna put in far more work in the series than Tia has.
>>
>>29570364
I like the way new Luna's design looks, but I do wish she had kept her sparkly slippers and also had wings like Celestia's. All the alicorns besides Celestia have stupid wings.
>>
>>29570364
I agree, genuinely what the fuck was their problem?
>>
>>29570364
Think of it as season 1 representing a weakend luna season 2 is her strength coming back.
>>
File: maxresdefault-4.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-4.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>29570380
PFFFTTfffffftttttt..... BWAHAHA AHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHHHHAHAHAHA. What the fuck?
>>
File: 1486538327143.png (465KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486538327143.png
465KB, 1920x1080px
>>29570364
>>
>>29570364
>not admitting her new scheme is clearly superior in every single way

Just shiggy up my diggy, f@m
>>
I cried when that episode aired because they essentially killed my waifu. Feels bad man.
>>
>>29574258
>waifuing pony with 10 seconds of screen time
You deserve it.
>>
>>29570364
The old design was generic shit and unfit for the ruler of the night.
>>
>>29574380
>implying
She actually gets episodes, retard, it's her sister hasbro hates
>>
>>29574420
>reading comprehension
The guy cries that Luna Eclipsed "killed" Luna.
>>
>>29574217
Is the sky black with pink in your little bizzaro world?
>>
>>29571513
It's the same guy from the Discord design threads. He bitched about the new dragons in them too like he did here >>29570468.

I don't know what's going on but he seems to be assigning blame to people with no evidence whatsoever.
>>
>>29575412
What are you doing now? Stalking people? are you scum?
>>
File: kaiketsu3-7 - Copy - Copy.gif (9KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
kaiketsu3-7 - Copy - Copy.gif
9KB, 256x240px
>>29570364
Small dick issues, op. He wanted her bigger, thicker, harder so every time Luna is on screen it can remind him of his dick.
>>
>>29570364
>actually complaining about a superior character design because muh Season 1 muh Lauren Faust

Why do I visit this fucking board
>>
>>29570364
>Darker coat (may just be due to lighting)
If you reverse the nighttime filter, S2 Luna's coat is still darker and more saturated than the S1 version.

>>29570383
>>29570395
This. S1 Luna does not look like she could be Celestia's equal.
>>
>>29577145
Not enough dick
>>
>>29577145
Nobody apreciated her night.
>>
>>29575412
The new dragons are shit, though, compared to the majesty and ferocity of every dragon prior to Dragon Quest. Hell, I guess even a busted-ass clock like OP is still right twice a day.
>>
The guy who keeps making these fucking threads about the bible needs to chill the fuck out. Are you seriously pissed off about the change in Lunas looks? She was brought up to participate with Celestia as they are supposed to be equals and sisters on top of that. The first version was missing the flowing mane and it's own flashy look, she was too short and her horn wasn't the right size for what an alicorn was shown to be with Celestia. Giving her a slight size boost gave her more presence and showed that she was coming out of her she'll.

As I said in the last thread, did you just watch the first couple of seasons and sit there bitching about how bad they were because of corporate meddling on things you didn't even know for sure we're corporate changes? You continue to play the "I saw the show bible, wtf I hate mlp" card. Why did you invest into the show to the point where you come back now 2 years after bible leak and 5 after the episodes your bitching about to complain? I get discussion, but you just go "NONONO HASDRONE, YOU'RE FROM MLP AND I'M FROM CO SO YOUR OPINIONS ARE SHIT". You also just pull shit out of your ass and hope that others will back you up and do your work for you, but no one will dude.
>>
>>29570364
The only better than about old Luna was the shoes.
>>
>>29574380
And it takes about half that time to fall in love, what's your point?
>>
>>29579658
I think you're confusing falling in love with blowing your load.
>>
>>29577090
>This. S1 Luna does not look like she could be Celestia's equal.
If you watched any shounen anime then you'd eat your fucking heart out. The smallest is always the most powerful and skilled.
>>
>>29570364

No, the design was changed back in the Faust era
>>
>>29570383
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY?
>>
>>29570364
Because Hasbro preys on the sucessful and beautiful.

Everyone working for Hasbro, including fictional characters need to be weak, ugly and deprecated shells of their former selves.
>>
>Nu Luna
Not even once
>>
>>29570380
That's what surprises me about how hypocritical the executives can get.

They didn't let Luna get characterized by Faust, but they let some asshole on the higher ups do it instead.
>We're not letting Nightmare Moon be a recurring villain
>We're also not letting Luna become a recurring character because she plays the role of a villain.
Faust then leaves at the end of season 1.
>Remove the Education Information rating.
>Luna gets episodes
>Adventure episode
>Action episodes
>Obnoxious faces, fart jokes
>Everytthing is now suddenly allowed.
>All done horribly by the executives.

They really just hated letting somebody talented to do their job properly, didn't they? I find it highly unrealistic for such an ego-centric person to exist and for somebody to be so irresponsible to hire them and let them continue have their masturbatory session with one of your franchises.
>>
File: lunaeclipsed.png (24KB, 876x216px) Image search: [Google]
lunaeclipsed.png
24KB, 876x216px
>>29582175
>They didn't let Luna get characterized by Faust, but they let some asshole on the higher ups do it instead.
[citation needed]

Here's some evidence to the contrary: Faust stating that she did have a significant role in Luna's characterization in S02E04 in particular.
Link: https://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/03/pony-history-of-day-words-of-faust.html
>>
File: 1459380726602.jpg (89KB, 1100x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1459380726602.jpg
89KB, 1100x1113px
>>29582175
>>
>>29582462
>>29582479
>General information with no real details about who did what.
>I worked on all the stories structurally.

You have a few screws loose, kid. I hope you grow to be more mature than you are now.
>>
File: 1404657622232.jpg (17KB, 352x286px) Image search: [Google]
1404657622232.jpg
17KB, 352x286px
>>29582531
>doubting the word of Faust Almighty
>>
>>29582597
Neither a faustfag nor a hasdrone. Call me superior.
>>
>>29582531
Still waiting on that citation, kid.
>>
>>29570364
When they released the pilot of MLP, one of the biggest letdowns was Luna's reveal. Many had hoped she would resemble Celestia more with flowing hair and sparkle, and that she would be a strong character who simply lost her way.
Many fans, including children/parents who reviewed the show disagreed with the "youthful" image of Luna and felt she was not relative as a princess role model.
So they changed her to reflect her "age", "maturity" and "abilities" to follow with Nightmare Moon's more "mature/adult" depiction. Many things end up on the cutting room floor after a pilot is released and Luna's old design was just that. The comment here >>29570380 is actually not too far from accurate. MLP designed Luna to be more relatable to the younger MLP fan's but instead in backfired and many children/adults in the review process felt she was too weak and unrelatable, so they changed her.

Simples~
>>
Which is weird cause she was depicted as equal to Celestia, hence being sisters which raise astronomical objects regardless of size.

Who knows what her super early designs looked like before the original concept artist drew her.
>>29581037
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.