[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EQG Blogpost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: horseOnHorseAction.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
horseOnHorseAction.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
After delaying it as long as I could, I've finally watched the Legends of Everfree. Oh boy.

The original Equestria Girls movie was a wonderful love letter the fandom got. I will never be able to forget the magic it gifted, the nostalgia it brought with it, and all the new world of possibilities it created. I dearly love EQG and I will forever be salty about the reception it got back then.
All the references, the music that went beyond the frame of being merely amazing, the very first complex choreography, mahou shoujo henshin, the charismatic villain you can't help but want to reform. The only thing about the movie I regret is it not getting a longer time-frame which it so needed.
>>
File: horseOnHorseByHorseAction.png (328KB, 854x470px) Image search: [Google]
horseOnHorseByHorseAction.png
328KB, 854x470px
I had never considered Rainbow Rock to be plainly better that the first move. Sure the marketing was done brilliantly and shorts that came with it were amazing, but the story itself took a few steps back and became much more plain. Regardless, the movie was amazing, the Syrens remain the best antagonists in EQG (and probably even in the whole MLP), and the plot being simple had helped the movie to tell it over the short time frame it received. I believe, the original EGQ had some of the best songs in the MLP series, but Rainbow Rock still had an incredible amount of great music.
>>
File: iCri.png (507KB, 1280x709px) Image search: [Google]
iCri.png
507KB, 1280x709px
Friendship Games was the movie that got me thinking. Weirdly enough it was more related to the deleted scenes and all the possible opportunities their theoretical existence, as well as realistic absence, could've given to EQG. The original plot did also become more complex as multiple stories were been told simultaneously yet it faced the same problem the original EGQ had and shown quite a bit of pretty obvious rushing. The music was decent. However, while I absolutely adore "Acadeca" the other ones weren't much enticing for me.
>>
File: WeBelieve.png (954KB, 1039x583px) Image search: [Google]
WeBelieve.png
954KB, 1039x583px
But boy, oh boy. Do they learn.
I can't say that the Legend of Everfree is the best EQG movie, as for me (at least for now) it will always be either the first one or all of them together. But it's the first one I see done so gloriously correct. The pacing was perfect, sub-plots were presented and greatly executed to keep the story from being too plain. The music was really good overall, but Daniel Ingram did show some of his satanic genius and pumped "Legend You Were Meant To Be" to eleven. The song is damn beautiful.
Now, even as someone who doesn't really waifu any of the ponies and prefers everypony to be the best pony, I can't help myself but feel being cucked by Timber Spruce. God damn it, why do writers keep fucking with us so blatantly?
Ahem. What I loved the most, though, was all the hints the movie gave and all the doors of new possibilities the movie had opened. This was the thing that had grabbed my (and not only my) attention the most back then in Friendship Games, and finally I can see it in the actual movie being done properly.
Boy, was that an experience.
>>
File: this is shitbait.jpg (75KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
this is shitbait.jpg
75KB, 625x626px
>>29557749
>>29557751
>>29557754
>>
>>29557749
you're opinion is shit desu senpai
>>
i watched the first two eqg movies when they came out (still have the bootlegs of 'em lol). i put off watching the third until it was on the anniversary stream (and i ended up passing out because i played along to the drinking game) but it seemed okay.
>>
File: 1480982324600.gif (679KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480982324600.gif
679KB, 1280x720px
>>29557749
>The original Equestria Girls movie was a wonderful love letter the fandom got.
>I will never be able to forget the magic it gifted, the nostalgia it brought with it, and all the new world of possibilities it created.
>>
>>29557749
The 4 movies are KINO
>>
is this a new copypasta?
>>
File: zang.png (404KB, 552x480px) Image search: [Google]
zang.png
404KB, 552x480px
Tell us more, Stephen Davis

Are you optimistic about eqg's product sales, too?
>>
>>29557749
>>29557751
>>29557754
>>29557756
Kino.
>>
>>29557881
>>29558091
back to your /blacked/ board, cuckboi
>>
>>29557894
You're flattering me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.