[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I watched EQG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (468KB, 960x536px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
468KB, 960x536px
They're completely and utterly adequate.

I don't get what all the fuss is about.
It didn't blow me away but it's not the worst thing to happen to cinema either.
>>
File: 1486975790376.png (98KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486975790376.png
98KB, 800x600px
It's kino as fuck
>>
>>29555892
Just give in to the le memes anon. You're not supposed to like anything that's not season 1-2. Otherwise you get called a shill or Reddit
>>
File: meh meh MEH MEH MEH MEH.gif (1MB, 412x346px) Image search: [Google]
meh meh MEH MEH MEH MEH.gif
1MB, 412x346px
>>29555892
I like the songs, everything else in it was meh.
>>
File: Pissed appul.jpg (200KB, 942x939px) Image search: [Google]
Pissed appul.jpg
200KB, 942x939px
>>29555892
>liking things that I don't
HERETIC
>>
>>29555892
Pretty much how I feel about the series of movies, except RR was pretty good.
>>
>>29555892
It just depends on who you are and your own personal tastes.
Personally, I love Sunset's character and story arc and love the magic but many don't see any appeal themselves.
It really comes down to your own personal preferences. Don't let others opinion sway yours.
>>
>>29555892
I only watched the first one and rainbow rocks. They definitely aren't the worst thing on film, but they're so utterly forgettable I didn't bother watching the third or fourth. I don't get what all the fuss is about either, in the sense of how much people shill for it.
>>
I was expecting the worst when EQG came out, so I ended up mostly surprised that it wasn't total trash. I still didn't like it much, but didn't hate it. But RR was absolutely awesome, as well as the shorts that followed it (the music video ones, not the prequel ones baout getting their instruments).
Friendship Games was kind of a weird. It was almost great, but felt a bit too unfocused and ending up with weird pacing that made it feel like it meandered until suddenly hitting a finale. After they gutted Sunset's subplot from it, it probably needed more reworking, because there's obviously a lot of lines left in it just to support that removed narrative, like Sunset's complaining about the games being silly, countered by Fluttershy's, "Not everything has to be magical to be important," or Sunset's murmurs of, "But we'r enot in Equestria..."

Legend of Everfree is more focused, but it's core plot strings just aren't that good to begin with, so it's pretyt middling all around, though it's nice to get out of the school.

In the end, I love RR, FG and LoE are just alright, though I hate saying so because FG is so close to being a lot better, and the original I'll probably never watch again.
>>
>>29556153
I ended up rewatching the first EQG recently for the first time in years. Wasn't as awful as I remembered, but I think it was made a lot more bearable by the knowledge that nearly all its stupid parts would be addressed in some way by the following movies.
>>
>>29555892
Rainbow Rocks is the only one worth a rewatch imo
>>
>>29554038
Except would be explicitly showing that the movies are not canon so hard that they cannot be related to the show or vice versa, so they immediately suck due to lack of characterization. They do not stand on their own.
>>29555892
I mean, I think they're great and can be because they are all triple the length of an episode, but the music is what sets it apart. The music in the latter three movies blows away anything in the first 4 seasons of the show at least
>>
>>29556477
I've had the opposite experience. I quite enjoyed the show's soundtrack but found Rainbow Rocks' soundtrack to be incredibly mediocre. It's just a different style that appeals to different people.
>>
>>29556153
I'm surprised how right you are, Anon. Spot on.

I had initially seen a few plotholes in the original EqG, but after a third viewing or something like that I don't know I finally figured out what "happens when you bring an Element of Harmony into an alternate world." Basically, it creates the other five and find a conduit for them. Or something. They just said a lot of things and didn't resolve anything in the first film.

Homesick Shimmer is a very sad deletion.

>>29556477
oops I replied to a dead thread.

>>29556500
I like them both. Can't think of any particularly bad songs in any of it, really. The worst songs are in EqG 1, I think. I just really like the very Disney songs in the later two movies and the Dazzlings. And the literal battle of the bands is the best, man.
>>
File: check em.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
check em.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>29556477
>>29556500
>>
bump for circlejerk.
>>
>>29555892
I really enjoyed them. After I got my friend into mlp, and he refused to watch them, he finally did after the 6th season, but he hated them.
>>
>>29557267
>got friend into mlp
>watched all six seasons
>by your recommendation
>refused to watch movies by your recommendation
Is your friend a retard?

>He didn't like them
Your friend is a retard.
>>
You're all egocentrists of a middling degree
>>
>>29555892
Finally, a sensible voice
>>
>>29555892
Songs and overall movie for little girls is OK but their shitposters are annoying as fuck. Or faggots who think that this is the best animated movie of all time. Like even better than Disney movies.
>>
File: kino.png (1MB, 2072x1364px) Image search: [Google]
kino.png
1MB, 2072x1364px
>>29557974
>Or faggots who think that this is the best animated movie of all time. Like even better than Disney movies.
>implying it isn't
>>
>>29557974
>their shitposters are annoying as fuck
implying that all the shitpotings are from actual fans of EqG
when will you people learn that MOST of the shitpostings are done by people who don't give a rats ass about EqG, that they post them all over just to piss you off, and you fall for it every time

>inb4 le damage control
it's fucking true and you know it
hell, the Shimmer shitposts practically stopped once the Glimmer shitposts started
anyone with half a brain would make the connection that it's the same faggots doing it
>>
>>29558327
>writing a tl;dr for no reason
I hope this is pasta.
>>
>>29557974
>Songs and overall movie for little girls is OK but their shitposters are annoying as fuck.
This really is the problem though, the lowered expectations. Lauren Faust's My Little Pony was a good show period, not just a show "good enough for little girls". The people at the reigns of the series now have no aspirations of making the shows good.
>>
File: glitterface.jpg (103KB, 1280x713px) Image search: [Google]
glitterface.jpg
103KB, 1280x713px
>>29558327
Sunshit spam only stopped because Shimmerfags were BTFO beyond belief and got discouraged
>>
File: 14833576491.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
14833576491.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>29558405
And now we're stuck with YOUR stupid spamming faggot ass! Joy of joys!

Dumb bitch
>>
>>29558405
It stopped because of scruffy, same with hi anon and nyx.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.