[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pony Fortress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: chrome_2017-02-22_22-13-08.png (25KB, 623x257px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-02-22_22-13-08.png
25KB, 623x257px
Pic related are the upcoming Dwarf Fortress development goals for the planned magic system generation.

Apparently there will also be randomised races, which will therefore presumable be editable as well.

>set ubiquitous magic
>highly fantastic setting
>completely non-violent world
>make worldgen harmonious with few evil areas
>manually create horse race
>also create gryphon race, maybe minotaur race and others
>play adventure mode
>the most complete MLP sandbox/adventure game ever created
>>
Am I really the only one here to play this game at all?
>>
>>29541301
Consider the fact that /mlp/ is full of morons who desire nothing more than quick and easy satisfaction
Then imagine the kind of satisfaction one gets from playing Toady's autism simulator.
There's barely any overlap.

Good work though, Anon. This place just isn't going to have any real audience for you.
>>
>>29540403
>>make worldgen harmonious with few evil areas
>>manually create horse race
>>also create gryphon race, maybe minotaur race and others
>>play adventure mode
>>the most complete MLP sandbox/adventure game ever created
You can do most of these already. I started on a pony mod here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12646
I don't have the time/interest to continue adding stuff, but DF modding is pretty easy. If you want to extend it with gryphons, changelings, zebras, etc, then I can definitely help you get started.
>>
This looks pretty fucking awesome OP. Good plan.
>>
>>29541348
No magic tho, hence the excitement for the upcoming releases
>>
File: Sprite Sheet test.png (68KB, 1752x842px) Image search: [Google]
Sprite Sheet test.png
68KB, 1752x842px
>>29540403
Is that you, HorseNoises? You ever check your emails, man? I had been working on a bunch of sprites for the game but you never got back to me to tell me if they were what you needed so I stopped. Here's a sample of them as 24x24's. I'd happily resume my work if I knew where I stood with them.
>>
>>29541535
This is 2cute4me
>>
>>29541535
OP here, no idea what you're talking about. The sprites look awesome though so there's that.
>>
>>29541579
Shit. I'd thought you might be him. So if you're working on a DF pony mod too, then, do you have any need for the sprites? HorseNoises had suggested them be as 24x24 so that's what I did. If you think you can use them towards the mod then I'll go back to making sprites for the unicorns, pegasi and alicorns, assuming you were making several distinct races.
>>
>>29541609
I'm just a lazy fucker who caught up with the development schedule and got excited. Sorry, no mod coming from me - real life is too time consuming right now for me to try getting into something new like that.

That other anon above though did say he would be willing to help others get started, maybe you chould try making it yourself?
>>
File: pony-gfx1.png (430KB, 1918x1164px) Image search: [Google]
pony-gfx1.png
430KB, 1918x1164px
>>29541535
I'm not OP but I am in this thread: >>29541348

I replied to your post in the content creator thread, but I guess you never saw it? I did get your sprites working with GemSet (the 24x24 graphics set). It looks pretty nice, pic related. It was a huge pain though, since GemSet comes with its own custom mods and doesn't work if you disable them, and I'm not sure I got everything integrated 100% correctly.

After a while I got busy with other things and lost interest in DF modding. But if someone else decides to pick up development of the mod, I'm sure they'll have more sprite requests for you.

>>29541609
>HorseNoises had suggested them be as 24x24 so that's what I did
Looking at the results with GemSet, I think 16x16 would actually be a lot more useful. There are tons of tilesets and multiple graphics sets at 16x16, but GemSet is the only graphics set at 24x24.

The downside, of course, is that it's harder to fit a pony and clothes/accessories into 16x16 than into 24x24.
>>
>>29541649
>gemset is the only 24x24 set

Ok I'm pretty sure that's not true. I don't remember any examples off the top of my head but there must be at least a few iirc.
>>
>>29541695
Are you thinking of tilesets? Those aren't the same thing. GemSet is definitely the only 24x24 graphics set listed on the wiki:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Graphics_set_repository#24x24_square_graphics_sets
Meanwhile there are six 16x16 graphics sets and two 18x18.

If you look at tilesets instead, the wiki has 3 at 24x24, and 33 at 16x16.
>>
A Dwarf Fortress thread on /mlp/? Today is a good day.

Haven't played for a while, is there really another update coming up? Haven't even made my first world with a tavern in it.
>>
>>29541716
Oh right I'm a nigger.

>>29541731
Well they got 64 bit out, and artifacts are either out or will be pretty soon.
>>
>>29541649
No, apparently I missed the reply, sorry for that. Seeing the sprites in game is neat but, like you said, trying to reduce what I've already done into 16x16 would be agonizing. Things like the dragon already forced me to cut corners, I don't personally believe I have the level of skill needed to make good looking pony tiles for standard 16x16 size. I enjoy making them, though, so it's not a question of if I can or not, it's whether anyone would put them to use. I know nothing about DF at all let alone modding it, but I would enjoy being part of making it pony-related and I think I could do a decent job at it.
>>
>tfw want to get into DF
>tfw total newfag to the game who has never played anything like it
O-okay
>>
>>29541828
Use the quick start guide on the wiki to learn the ui and basics.

Tastes differ but I would recommend a good graphics set, that way you don't have to learn what every ascii symbol means on top of everything else.

Once you can build a self sustaining fort with varied food production, some basic architecture, a simple metal industry and maybe even a rudimentary army, all without needing to refer to the wiki every 3 seconds, then you basically understand the mechanics of the game and are ready to venture forth and try to do interesting stuff.

Or if you've ever played roguelikes like nethack you can always try adventure mode.
>>
>>29541850
And by "you understand the mechanics" I don't mean "you know all the mechanics", rather "you grok DF and how it generally works and can learn the other stuff relatively early"
>>
>>29541850
>>29541857
>I would recommend a good graphics set
Got a specific one in mind?
>>
Courtesy bump for niche content creation.
>>
>>29542748
This.
>>
>>29542254
Check out the starter pack: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0
It comes bundled with a bunch of different graphics to choose from. It's really a matter of preference beyond that - whatever you think will make the game look best to you.

Personally I really like the CLA pack, but that won't help much with learning since you still need to figure out what every letter and symbol means. Something like Meph's Tileset strays really far from the original look and feel of the game, but definitely makes it much, much easier to understand what the heck is going on on your screen.

So choose something that looks good to you and won't give you a headache trying to figure out what you're looking at. You can also check out the wiki for a list of tilesets and graphics sets, and simple instructions on adding them to your game (I haven't done that for ages myself but IIRC you basically put the file in a particular folder or something like that, and boom, you're done).
>>
DF is the most autistic game to ever exist. It should merge perfectly with mlp.
>>
>>29544049
>Something like Meph's Tileset strays really far from the original look and feel of the game, but definitely makes it much, much easier to understand what the heck is going on on your screen.

Oh wow! I might take another stab at navigating dorf menus and having fun if it can all look that good.
>>
>>29541818
>64 bit is out
This...This is possible? I'm almost inclined not to believe you.
>>
>>29544049
>>29544278
I'd also like to mention Spacefox here. I used Spacefox to learn the game (and still use it because it's pretty). It does stray far from just letters, but I still feel it keeps a console-game style with simple graphics like the ones it has.
>>
>>29544336
I actually really like the look of spacefox, I was thinking of getting it.

>>29544331
Release 0.43.05, on 07/05/2016 (and currently also the latest release).

Looking through the timeline the latest thing to be updated were work orders and queues, plus of course a bunch of bugfixes. So all the artifact stuff, including all the supporting framework like disguising/identities, large improvements to conversations and rumours, etc., all that's for next release.
>>
Tilesets are for plebs, but I can get behind a pony tileset to go with a pony mod.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.