[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite and least favorite episode and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: barn.png (775KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
barn.png
775KB, 1280x720px
I'll start
Apple Family Reunion: DAT tone
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000: Luddite bullshit
>>
File: fluffy pink.png (120KB, 652x675px) Image search: [Google]
fluffy pink.png
120KB, 652x675px
>>29518482
Favorite: Pinkie Pride
Reason: 10/10 songs, Weird Al, Ponko episode, and the meme fight was probably the best thing in the whole show

Least Favorite: The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows
Reason: Retcons Pringle Pop's ability to keep secrets for no raisin, cringe-tier jokes, essentially an 11 minute episode stretched out for 22 minutes (it should have ended when Condense and Shining got to Ponyville), and overall fucking boring as shit
>>
>>29518508
Oh, yeah, the latter one really hurt. The idea of not just coolly informing Twilight of the news instead of turning it into a game struck me as pure concentrated idiocy
>>
>>29518482
Best: Dungeons and Discords - Big Mac, Discord, dungeons and dragons in pony version. Do I have to explain why?
Worst: I dont really remember
>>
Favorite: Amending Fences

Handled a sensitive topic realistically and had some memorable moments.

Least Favorite: Princess Spike

Spike did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>29518482
Favorite: Amending Fences
I related with Moondancer, plus Twilight is my favorite and she had some pretty cute moments. The season 1 references were nice too.

Least Favorite: What About Discord
It felt cringy even for a Discord episode, I was pretty much as confused as Twilight the whole time. It felt too mean spirited towards the end, one of the only episodes I wouldn't watch again.
>>
File: asshole.png (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
asshole.png
1MB, 1000x667px
>>29518618
Good intentions =/= doing nothing wrong
>>
>>29518630
Everything that happened was "act of God" tier. The three things he did when "abusing" his power did fuck all. Dragonsneeze was a major asspull. Cadance was retarded.

I understand why Larson said Dusedau was a talentless asshole.
>>
>>29518655
The pipe was more than clearly on its last legs though. While for the rest chance bit him up the ass, a wise leader shouldn't let that happen
>>
>>29518681
It was contrived as all fuck to create a conflict. Just a dumb, poorly written story all around.
>>
>>29518655 I think the focus on selfishness was misplaced. Most of the times it's the acts of political altruism that ruin countries. But then yet again, I don't go to MLP for political commentary
>>
>>29518704
There was a sound idea. Plenty of idiots think they can fix the world, but don't know their ass from a hole in the ground
>>
File: A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png (551KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png
551KB, 1280x720px
>>29518482
Favorite: The Cutie Mark Chronicles
It has everything I love in the show. I love the tone, I love the pacing, I love how they introduced lore. It's been my favorite episode since I first watched it.

Most Hated: 28 Pranks Later
They completely assassinated Rainbow's character to make her look like a complete asshole and have an excuse to repeat MMDW but making the other ponies look good. The whole episode was terrible but what made it even more painful was, Rainbow had never hurt Fluttershy intentionally and here she enjoys it. It's absolutely insane that someone could think that she would enjoy hurting her long time friend. It's plainly outrageous. I can't say absolutely anything good about this episode, it's not only my least favorite MLP episode, is my least favorite work of fiction ever. I honestly wish I had never watched this fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>29518733
Shame Dusedau is a hack.
>>
>>29518792 The former made descent into a miniature existential crisis. These magical talking horses have a destiny and I'm just a hairless monkey on a piece of dirt
>>
File: 1404085748289.webm (63KB, 658x476px) Image search: [Google]
1404085748289.webm
63KB, 658x476px
>>29518482
Most? That's hard. Probably look because you sleep because it's just top comfy well written episode. Sisterhooves Social kinda touched me. And there are at least few other that are just great comfy poni episodes, especially in the first season.

Worst, probably that rainbow town market episode or gift of maud pie, because they were just poorly written and unoriginal.
>>
File: 1473133090353.png (582KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
1473133090353.png
582KB, 600x508px
Favorite: Every Little Thing She Does
It made me infatuated with Glimmer. I love everything about this episode. I could write paragraphs about Glimmer.

Worst: I intentionally forget the awful episodes. There are many.
>>
Too broad a question OP, in season six:

Best: Gauntlet of Fire. Not the best episode over all but we got some deepest lore and spike was rescued from shitty episode hell.

Laziest: Cart Before the Pones. Inexcusable lack of effort that makes the most boring episode in the whole run.

Worst: Newbie Dash. If you think people awkwardly embarrassing themselves is funny your a sadist, the message infuriates me to the point where I can't say why without writing a novel and peoples defense of it is hysterical when the same people go on about all the bad things Islamic cultures do that are exactly the same as their precious military. Guess what, your both bulling sadists with a power fetish.
>>
>>29519987
I absolutely agree about Newbie Dash. It's sad, because I honestly think that the pitch of the episode was a great idea. Rainbow hates when people calls her "Crash" and after this episode she not only not hates it, she embraces it. Being able to feel proud about one of your former weaknesses is something great. But the episode itself was absolutely awful. The realization was really bad and the tone was terrible.

She has the worst time of her life and not only no one gives a fuck about her, which is already atrocious and feels out of place in the show, but to make it worse you're supposed to laugh at her misery. It was absolutely unnecessary. The episode would have been much, much better if it had been something emotional like the scene in Tanks for the Memories. But we got Schadenfreude, The Episode instead.

I don't know who was the idiot who decided that laughing at ponies having a bad time was funny, but unfortunately it was something that was present in a lot of season 6 episodes. It's a fucking shame.
>>
>>29518482
Most: Almost all episodes of seasons 4-6
Least: almost the whole first season.
*grabs popcorn*
>>
File: 1414817853294.gif (142KB, 550x301px) Image search: [Google]
1414817853294.gif
142KB, 550x301px
>>29518482
>Favorite
Sleepless in Ponyville
very cute episode. reminded me a lot of how i saw the world as a kid. it was crazy just how accurate it was. it showed the best sides of scootaloo as well as rainbow dash, and the rest of the group were done quite well. the lesson was great. scootaloo and dash becoming "sisters" was very pleasing. theres no contest, this one has been been my favorite since i saw it the first time.

>Least Favorite
for a while it was rainbow falls for completely ignoring wonderbolt academy and turning everyone into a selfish faggot, not to mention the super blatant 'look its derpy amirite guys :D" bullshit.
right now its been replaced by princess spike, and im not sure anything will ever take its spot. it is, by a significant margin, the absolute worst episode in the show. the plot is stupid as fuck; help twilight get rest? she can teleport, why doesnt she fuck off back to her house? spike is put in charge when theres 3 other princesses available, one of which does fuckall but keep pestering spike about whether or not hes doing everything. spike gets in trouble for doing what he was asked to do and is made to apologize for it. hes similarly scolded for taking initiative and trying to help twilight. dragonsneeze trees was the most fucking contrived concept to date. hes scolded for relaxing and indulging himself a bit which i can only imagine is exactly what the other princesses who couldnt be bothered to attend to the needs of the town were doing as well. they keep pushing the idea of spike as a child, but then they come along with this bullshit where they give him the responsibilities of a grown ass adult, and a wise one at that, and then get pissed off when he cant manage it.
the whole episode pisses me off and its literally the only one in the series that i dont smile a single time throughout.
>>
>>29518482
Favorite: Lesson Zero
Good lesson, Twilight has a mental breakdown, Spike was actually useful

Borderline Hate: ain't easy being breezy
The episode literally drags it feet the entire way, the characters seemed to be dim wit, Fluttershy lost the ability of assertive.
>>
>>29518482
best: hurricane fluttershy

the moral and topic were amazingly wel explained and handeld.

worst: showstoppers (if that is the title)

cmc try their best, dont succeed, get on with their lives. an empty void as entertainment.
>>
File: 1481367976231.png (168KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
1481367976231.png
168KB, 683x384px
>>29520477
What? That was one of the BEST episodes. FiM is one of the rare shows where kids are actually written like kids, and even though this episode doesn't progress and grand plot, it's a fun S1 episode which which played an important role in helping establish their characters.
>>
>Favorite
Best Night Ever
For equally showcasing all of the mane 6 with reasonably fulfilling amount of time each within a 22 minute block, highlighting their weaknesses and then showing them compensate for these weaknesses in the end through their friendship.

>Least favorite
Princess Spike
It was an interesting concept, and a few parts Spike was well-characterized (specifically the parts where he had let the power go to his head). Unfortunately rather than using his 'abuse of power' as the reason he failed, it was instead caused by multiple contrived reasons that were derived from the few things he did right. Literally making the universe out to get him for no reason.

Not-so-honorable mention: Amending Fences was a fairly well-written episode that I strongly disliked for being nostalgiabait and also for retreading a similar scenario from A Friend Indeed, which I might add manyu people criticized for Pinkie being utterly obnoxious with trying to make friends with Cranky despite him expressing multiple times he didn't want to. The concept with AF was equally Twilight forcefully trying to reconnect with Moondancer despite her not wanting Twilight's friendship. It baffles me that so many people praise this episode for the same reason many people disparage Friend Indeed.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.