[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Semantic Error

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 542
Thread images: 43

File: clf.png (479KB, 941x1019px) Image search: [Google]
clf.png
479KB, 941x1019px
Semantic Error is about a low life hacker trying to scrape by in a futuristic Equestria.
Recently Cold File has finished a Job for a mysterious client only going by the Name Wintermute, who had File steal information on an experimental medical procedure.
Then File picked up a Griffin at a bar and went on a date with his Landlord.
Now he's meeting with some potential Clients for his next job.
>Bits: 7572

>GoodGuy -Hacker needed to crack construction printer software.
(You have accepted this job and received 500 bits in advance to sabotage a printer. You plan on setting it up to make a massive skyscraper sized dildo)

>Mr. Brown -Hacker needed for disabling bank security systems.
(Will receive a gun for participating as well as a percentage of the take from a heist. Unfortunately your part of the job must be done on site.)

>Judgment -Hacker needed for breaking into personal E-mails.
(It sounds like they plan on preforming some kind of political assassination with the information you recover if you take this one. Pays 3,800 Bits)

>CB4 – Hacker needed, for disrupting corporate security systems. Protection provided big $$$!
(Meeting in progress)

This is where our story continues.

Archive:
https://www.anonpone.com/semanticerror/
>>
File: SE165.png (199KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE165.png
199KB, 600x600px
>You're trying to see through the bag on your head.
>You start pleading to yourself, please don't let these idiots be CB4. Not only do they seem to be Really, really amateur, but with the way they're doing this you're pretty sure they don't even know what a computer is.
"I swear, you fucking idiots better be trying to rob me, because if you're CB4 then..."
>You're cut off by the mare, Yes, we're CB4 and you're lucky we're feeling uhh wait, did you say who you were?"
>The grip on your legs has gotten lighter ever since they started bickering.
"Oh I'm here to talk to you all about the magic of friendship - who do you think? Didn't you put out a job? And why do I get the feeling you won't be able to afford my services?"
>A part of you wants to pull your gun on them and force them to let you out here and now but, you've got more restraint than you give yourself credit for, and wait... No they didn't find your gun you can still pull it on them if things get out of hoof.
>"Look we don't trust you... yet at least. our last mission went well... bad and I'm being extra cautious now. Umm. S-so you're not with the government right?" The mare answers.
"No"
>You feel the grip come off your legs and you immediately cross them in disappointment.
>"Uhh" a stallion begins, "Look, we're revolutionaries so we're kinda used to meeting with like minded individuals. Uhh... Maybe we should start on a new hoof."
>You feel the vehicle they tossed you in the back of go over a speed bump.
>>
>>29514758
Maybe you should start with getting this bag off my head before I decide to double my prices.
>>
>>29514800
That' sounds like we're taking the job. These guys don't seem like the type we should work for. Can they even pay us in the first place?
>>
>>29514758
Steady ourselves least our gun falls out or something. Demand that they untie us and get the bag off our head before we tear it off. Any more stunts like this and we're done.
>>
>>29514816
It sounds like telling them we'll cost double if we even accept. Time to apply a little pressuring so they realize they should get to the damn point before we decide they aren't worth it.
>>
>>29514758
What about my car.
>>
>>29514758
>Uhh... Maybe we should start on a new hoof."

You attacked me, tied me up with a bag over our head, and threw me into a van speeding who knows where. There better be a damn good reason for me to be in a forgiving mood.
>>
>>29514800
>>29514758
Ooh. Ooh. Some anon sounds pretty ballsy. They could just, you know. Kill File right now?
And they haven't gave the price yet. If you double it now, they could say the original price was 50 bits.
>>
>>29514827
The gun is in a holster anon. Hosters, are where you put the gun so it doesn't fall out DO YOU UN-DER-STAND?
>>
>>29514758
>Look, we're revolutionaries so we're kinda used to meeting with like minded individuals. Uhh... Maybe we should start on a new hoof."

"Your revolution is not going to get many friends if you do this to everyone."
>>
>>29514758

take a deep breath and tell them that a good way to start is to take the bag off our head and tell us where we are going.
>>
>>29514882
No dumbass, they won't. Try reading the last post next time. They want to get friendly with us now, an it's time to tell them exactly what we think of that. The bag comes off, or there's no deal happening.
>>
>>29514758
>OK. Yeah sure so long as I get paid we'll be the best of friends.
Take the damn bag off your head file. Jeez.
>>
>>29514758
Not so offend you guys, but the way you sound and talk tells me you're having a, 'limited' amount of success?
>>
>>29514758
apologize and get the bag off my head.
>>
So what do you guys think of CB4?
>>
>>29514758
Ask where are they taking us? if they can get the bag off of us? Which of you am I suppose to meet with? and why do they need us?
>>
>>29514758
Is that a gun propped up along the van wall?
>>
File: SE166.png (183KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE166.png
183KB, 600x600px
>>29514800
>>29514827
>>29514836
>>29514870
>>29514881
>>29514899
>>29514911
>>29514912
>>29514983
>>29514986
>>29515023
>>29515028
"You want to start off on a new hoof? Why don't you start by taking the fucking bag off my head and untying me."
>"The bag... Uhh. Lock, could you uhh." the mare fumbles over her words.
>"Yeah, right away." The stallion answers before removing the bag from your head. >Around you, you can see a few guns laying around the van. A Pegasus mare sits in front of you, a unicorn stallion sites next to you and what you think is a Pegasus stallion is driving the van.
"Where the fuck are you taking me?"
>"Taking you?" the mare answers.
"Yeah, where are we going, and what did you do with my car!?"
>"You're car? We didn't do anything with your car. and we're... Hey pin!? Where are we going?"
>"I'm just driving in circles."
>"He's just Driving in circles."
>You groan and try to keep your cool.
"Why don't you just get to the point before I walk. What even is this job."
>The mare smiles and begins to answer, "Oh, well we need someone to help get us into a Patwri...."
>The mare is cut off by the unicorn, "Don't tell him everything now Conny!"
>"Umm yes. We need help to steal some uhh weapons."
"Not so offend you guys, but the way you sound and talk tells me you're having a, 'limited' amount of success with your revolution here."
>"Well, like I said, our last outing kinda ended bad I mean, I got shot. that was... Well it was a good sacrifice for the cause." The mare looks away from you nervously.
"Look, before you tell me anything else I don't want to hear about this job, How much does it pay?"
>"Uhhh..."The mare answers, "How much do these kind of services usually cost?"
>>
>>29515128
Oh god that's cute. Scrunchy File.
>>
>>29515128
A Patwrite facility? Yeah everyone should know about Patwrite. Why them though? There's plenty of messed up corperations to deal with.
>>
>>29515128

IF you are unsure how much to offer us then how about you tell me what it is you want done and I'll tell you how much that will cost.
>>
>>29515128
these jobs typically start in the four figure area.
>>
>>29515128
Twilight's teats we're fucked.
>>
>>29515128
How many of you are in this revolutionary group? What is your goal?
>>
>>29515128
>>29515019
I think they should seriously consider pursuing a different career path before they get themselves killed.
>>
>>29515128
I need to think. Please tell your friend to stop and park and turn off the car. He's gonna draw someone's attention.
>>
>>29515128

It'd be easier to give you a figure if I knew more about the job. Though judging by what I see so far I'm not sure you can afford me.
>>
>>29515128
Is your friend with the eye the only one with cyberware?
>>
>>29515128
Tell them to park the van some place. Then tell them similar prices that we had given to the other clients we met with.
>>
>>29515128
I hope the amount of bits they're offering for the job isn't linear to the number of "$" they used in the job description.
>>
>>29515128
>Around you, you can see a few guns laying around the van

Are these weapons of yours from other weapon heists?
>>
Not to be meta guys, but this could be our chance. We could get a Spear File ship.
>>
>>29515128
I honestly feel bad for them. They don't "seem" very capable. I kind of want to help they regardless of payment. This is just too sad to watch.
>>
I fear these ponies will get themselves killed.
>>29515128
Do they have a certain window of time available before they retract the job offer?
>>
>>29515128
Have them tell us what the job is then we'll tell him what our price is. Why do you need a hacker just to steal some weapons?
>>
>>29515128
How long have you all been revolutionaries? What is your cause?
>>
File: 3mLydMU.jpg (28KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.jpg
28KB, 600x494px
>>29515324
>Hacker needed, for disrupting corporate security systems.
>>
>>29515353
I'm trying to fish for more info out of them mate.
>>
lol look at all these samefags, but i shouldn't be one to talk about samfags since I'm one if them.
>>
This is only the first session and you guys have already blown through 12.5% of the thread.
>>
File: SE167.png (146KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE167.png
146KB, 600x600px
>>29515177
>>29515178
>>29515189
>>29515195
>>29515204
>>29515220
>>29515258
>>29515260
>>29515278
>>29515350
"Wait... Patwrite? You mean the appliance company?"
>"They Don't just make Appliances," the mare snaps back.
"Fine, look These jobs usually start off in the four figure range it really depends on what you need."
>"Oh.." The mare looks down at the floor.
"Something wrong with that?"
>"I don't know what a figure is..."
You mumble under your breath, "Twilight's teats you're fucked."
>"What's that?"
"How about this, what do you need me to do exactly in this job? Also Tell your driver to stop somewhere, he's going to attract more attention."
>The driver seems to take the hint on his own.
>"Oh uhh there's a bunch of sentry robots that are in this factory where they... Well. Make sentry robots... We wanted to take them... For the cause."The mare answers."
"What exactly is the cause?"
>The unicorn puffs out his chest,"We're fighting the control corporations have over the working pony!" the stallion proudly boasts. We're gonna take back the power and make a new fairer government!"
"Right, and just how many are in your movement?"
>"More than two hundred strong in Ferric Port alone!" The mare answers proudly. She thn lowers her head and looks away, "there used to be more before but things kinda didn't go so well last time we tried to really bring the fight to the corporations." She folds what used to be her left wing out, "I don't want to talk about it."
"So you, Washer was it? Are you the only one with Enhancements in this group?"
>"I'm the only one here that's been enhanced, but there's other revolutionaries with enhancements."
"How long have you been revolutionaries?"
>The unicorn answers first, "Four years."
>"Just two" the mare answers, "Since I was 17."
>The driver doesn't answer.
>>
>>29515495
And your driver?
>>
>>29515495
Hey she's kinda cute.
>>
>>29515495
So you need me to take out the sentry bots in this place? What type of bots are they? is there other security at this place other than sentry bots? How are the bot's directed? Remotely? through an ai? Where is this factory at?
>>
>>29515495
Do you even have the ability to reprogram the sentry bots?
>>
>>29515495
Washer, what do your enhancements do?
>>
>>29515495
Again. There a date for when you want to do this? Something tells me your current numbers wont cut it.

Meta knowledge: We should still deal with the addiction problem.
>>
>>29515556
That's why they're looking for someone.
>>
>>29515495
Where is this factory located? Is it staffed or fully automated? How do you plan on transporting the bot's out?
>>
>>29515571
Sounded like they just wanted our help to get in. Operating and maintaining them would require somebody in their group.
>>
>>29515495
When do you plan on robbing this joint? Do you have a rough timeframe as to when?
>>
File: SE168.png (149KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE168.png
149KB, 600x600px
>>29515517
>>29515546
>>29515556
>>29515563
>>29515564
>>29515575
>>29515618
>>29515629
"What about chuckles over there driving the van?"
>"I'm not going to tell you anything about me." The driver answers, "And you two shouldn't be this loose with information about our group."
>"Calm down, he's not a cop or a government spook." The mare answers.
>"Whatever, just, stop using our names."
>The mare sticks her tongue out and then focuses back on you.
"So what kind of time frame are you looking at to break into this place."
>"Time-frame? uhh, no idea... We are just kinda playing it safe now because of what happened. So... As soon as we get somepony to shut down security I guess."
"Do they have armed guards or is it jst sentry bots? Oh, and is there an A.I. supervising the facility?"
>"Uhh, well There are armed guards... and I'm pretty sure they have an A.I. or two. They develop them there. but, we just need you to take down the automated security for us! We'll take care of the rest!" The mare seems to perk up a bit after saying this.
"How do you plan on getting the robots out?"
>"We have a lot more vans in our group."
"Okay, and can you even reprogram robots like these?"
>"I'm sure someone can! That's why they have us stealing them, for the cause!"
"Sorry it's just bothering me. What exactly does your eye do?"
>The stallion snaps to attention, "Oh me!? Umm it shows me where my gun is aimed and also some civilian augment reality things like, the weather forecast and GPS."
"Right, anyway. Where exactly is this factory?"
>"2145 Har..."
>"The driver cuts her off, Don't tell him that unless he agrees to help you idiot!"
>The mare kind of slouches down on the side of the van.
>"Sorry, I'm just excited."
>Watching the mare you realize that she's kind of cute, but she also seems to be kind of crazy, you're not really sure if you want to pursue something like this, even for a quick fuck. Also, she's probably going to end up getting herself killed.
>>
File: Block.png (550KB, 1200x857px) Image search: [Google]
Block.png
550KB, 1200x857px
Stopping here for the night.
>>
>>29515746
Oh that poor pony.
>>
>>29515740
I'd like to hear more about the group. Like intended goals and stuff like that.
>>
Amateurs, fuck that noise. In the business of secrets that'll get you killed.

>>29515495
Wow, that is laughably bad. Bravo on the comedy gold.

>>29515740
>"I'm not going to tell you anything about me." The driver answers, "And you two shouldn't be this loose with information about our group."
Jesus, that guy should be in charge.
No, as much fun as it might be to help a revolution and to get a sentry bot of our own to stick Brandy into, this deal is a no-go. They can't pay. They'll get us killed. And they want us to tango with industrial security AI.

Sorry, yay causes and that, but no.
>>
>>29515740
This is even worse then Mr. Brown's job.
>>
>>29515848
If you take into account how he was driving us around, he's just as much of an amateur as the others.
>>
>>29515740
Oh my God we have to help them now. On the condition we get to keep a robot at the end of this, and maybe a few other thing.
>>
>>29515990
>>29515740
Out of the three of them, either he's not the boss of the group, or its like you said and he's just as bad as his friends.
>>
Wow. I missed a bunch didn't I?

>She folds what used to be her left wing out, "I don't want to talk about it."
Oh. Ouch. As a fellow pegasus, File should understand in some sense what she's going through since he has to deal with a weak wing.

>"More than two hundred strong in Ferric Port alone!"
Wow. In just a single place there less then two hundred. Can't imagine the number for different cells of their group. That's quite a substantial number of people.

>>29515740
>"Okay, and can you even reprogram robots like these?"
>"I'm sure someone can! That's why they have us stealing them, for the cause!"
File once programmed a police bot. A sentry could make good practice.

>"Right, anyway. Where exactly is this factory?"
>"2145 Har..."
And now we have the postal address or housing number. It should be easy to locate if we do or don't do the job.

I kind of like this job opportunity. No exact deadline. Their organization could use some help, and maybe if File is competent enough he could get a slice of the action, like the contacts they use to aquire the guns, a black clinic, friends. Maybe he could even imagine he's doing something good.

Ask the unicorn driver how much they would be willing to pay.
>>
>>29516771
Bump
>>
>>29517321
>>29516771
Bump
>>
>>29515740
She is fun. And you know what they say about crazy mares in bed.
>>
>>29516163
>>29515746
If they get themselves killed that's not really our problem. As long as we get paid and we keep our end of the deal all is good.

Hypothetical: if our job is just to knock out the automated security system and we can do that without getting physically involved or having it tracked back to us then hell why not?
>>
>>29519922
I bet we could get some other cool shit if we do a little extra. Maybe some implants so File could Jack in. Fucking soup up File and pimp him out. This is Cyberpunk horse after all.
>>
>>29519922
We need to convince them to pay us part of the sum upfront somehow. We wont get paid if they die.
>>
>>29515740
>>29520799
What, you mean like what we did with the mayor? We get a small bit now and the rest after the job is finished? We need to accept the job first before we ask for any bits.

Are you saying we should take the job?
>>
>>29520815
It sounds like we won't have to be on site, only close at worst. And if they get killed the police will just think the hacker was among them as long as we don't get found out.
I say we take it.
>>
>>29519922
>or having it tracked back to us
We'd have to keep a TIGHT firewall between us and them. Case in point, we're already here in their van. They're violent revolutionaries. Nobody is saying they're not already under surveillance. If you want to contact them again, or for them to contact you, you know, to do things like coodinate a raid? Then you need to have some channel of communication to work together. That's how things get tracked to you.

>>29520107
More like something for Brandy to drive. Weren't we talking about buying her a body?

I still say run away from this burning powderkeg as fast as possible and scrub all evidence we ever had contact. It's way too hella dangerous. This is the sort of shit DM's throw at you to see how suicidal you are.

And with no pay and nothing else to entice us, there's really no reason to. We're all just guessing that they'd give us one of the toys they pilfer.
>>
>>29515740
Will I have to go onsite to override security? or can it be done remotely?
>>
>>29515740
If I accept this job who would be my contact? Also how will I get paid? I'm not doing this for free.
>>
>>29515740
What guarantees are there to my safety. I don't want to end up in jail or dead from this job.
>>
File: SE169.png (171KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE169.png
171KB, 600x600px
>>29515848
>>29515867
>>29515990
>>29516163
>>29519922
>>29520799
>>29521836
>>29521946
>>29522961
>>29523070
"So mister driver pony, since you've been so quiet why don't you tell me who I would be contacting about pay and other details about this job if I accept."
>The stallion in the drive seat growls, "Her. She in charge of this operation."
>You feel a grimace creep over your face as you turn back to the mare.
"Really?"
>"Y-yeah, after I got hurt in our last... Well after I lost my wing here the knew that I was loyal to the cause so they put me in charge of this important mission."
>The unicorn gets up and takes a seat in the front of the van.
"Alright, then I want to know a few more things. Can I access the security systems from off site or are all security systems purely contained within the facility itself?"
>"I don't... I don't know."
"Okay, how can you guarantee me that I won't get shot while helping you with this little raid?"
>"I uhh. I guess you won't have to enter with the rest of us so I think you'll be safer."
"That's not reassuring me that I won't end up dead or in jail! Are you even sure you can pay me!?"
>"Yes!" The mare shouts, her voice wavering, "They gave me thir... I shouldn't tell you how much I have, but we can pay you! Umm... H-how much did you say that your help will cost?"
"Oh, sweet Cadence...."
>This job is not looking good. Not only are they dangerous radical domestic terrorists but you feel like they might get you arrested for just talking to them.
Although you kind of want one of those robots for Brandy to pilot, it might not be worth it.
>Of course, they might have some resources and connections you might be able to use if you get in good with them but, they might force you to join their cause and start working for free, and you're not even sure what they are all about, especially after they gave you a vague idea that they're trying to take down the current government and install their own.
>>
>>29523443
No offense, but is this just an act? You have absolutely no plan or any useful information. You don't know the first thing about doing business. It feels like your just making things up as you go along. I have trouble believing you're even a part of some group.
>>
>>29523443
Fucking a man. Do it for the justice. Fight for the ponies with their rights striped away. Fight for those experimental ponies that didn't get a choice. What would Brandy think File?
>>
>>29523443
look I just met a pony that hired me to hijack a copy machine and turn the next building it made into a giant dildo. And they seemed more organized than this. This discussion has not instilled much confidence for me to take this job.
>>
>>29523443
Oh shit. Is this the first legit group of people trying to do "what's right" in this fucked up city? WOW. This is a bit refreshing.
>>
>>29523443
If you can provide me more details then I will consider it. But what I see so far doesn't really convince me that'd be wise for me to take this job.
>>
>>29523443
A sentry bot of our own will come in handy in the future when File takes on more hooves on jobs. It could serve as fire support, or a good distraction.
>>
>>29523443
Tell you what. You really don't seem prepared to well for this heist. If you can provide me with better intel on the building's security and systems in the next few days? I'll think on it. I don't like taking jobs that I don't know what's there. Not just for safety reasons but for preparing. You need the right tools for right job and right now I don't know either.
>>
>>29523443
Fuck it. Let's some somewhere in the 7-12k range.
>>
>>29523705
What this anon said. Do they have any friends in the facility that works there? Have they considered befriending someone who works there and slowly changing their point of view to theirs?
>>
>>29523443
I don't suppose you have a layout of the building either or even where a junction point hookup could be at.
>>
>>29523443
Oh my God can we please give her a hug?
>>
>>29523610
Anon, shut the fuck up. Why do you want to share such sensitive information?
>>
>>29523443
This is your first leadership job isn't it?
>>
>>29523705
I agree, let these revolutionaries do some actual research on the target they're after before accepting the job. Not risking your neck for nothing.

Brandy will miss us if we die, and we don't want to make pone cri
>>
>>29523780
who would they blab to? Besides as anarchist they may appreciate it.
>>
>>29523443
Come back to me with more info. As currently there's not enough here for me to agree to this job.
>>
>>29523443
Maybe if we'really still interested we can stay in contact?
>>
>>29523443
I wonder if they're paranoid enough to kill File so he doesn't blab about this.
>>
>>29523895
Taking into account they spewed out most of the information needed AND the fact they're inexperienced enough to not find your gun, they are probably harmless rookies.
>>
>>29523919
Well one of them has a cybernetic eye, and the driver seems pretty agressive. My money's on the driver getting defensive of the boss mare.
>>
File: SE170.png (177KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE170.png
177KB, 600x600px
>>29523578
>>29523648
>>29523705
>>29523784
>>29523792
>>29523807
>You imagine what brandy would say about this. She would probably tell you that this is suicidal.
"No offense, but is this just an act?"
>"E-excuse me?"
"It sound like you're just making this shit up as you go, you've got no plan you have no information about the target you don't even know how much a hacker costs, are you actually part of some group of revolutionaries?"
>"Yes! We might be a little unorganized but, we're serious!"
"This is your first leadership job isn't it?"
>"I uhh..."
"Is it?"
>"Yes... Maybe..."
>This is painful, this young mare looks like she's even about to start crying. There's a part of you who just wants to give her a hug and tell her everything is going to be alright but, that would be unprofessional. One thought that keeps circling your head is that she's probably just going to get herself killed.
"Do you have any friends that work at the facility or have you considered getting any contacts in there to help you?"
>"That's a good idea, I mean. Not yet?"
"Look, I can't take this job without any more information on the target, maybe if you get your shit in order we can talk but right now, I cannot take a job like this."
>You open up the back of the van and look around. You're only about 4 blocks away from your car.
>You hop out of the van and start walking away.
>"W-wait!" The mare shouts after you, "What kind of information would you need!? I mean, I want to try to fix this! I uhh... M-maybe I could d-do something else to make this a better deal I mean if I could do something for you beside just getting the information would you be more willing to help us!?"
>>
>>29523982
>Do you have any 'friends' that deal in cybernetics? I've been thinking of getting a few for myself.
>>
>>29523982
She's so pure. Why is she doing something so dangerous?
>>
>>29523982
Wing cybernetics, hoove cybernetics, head implant for jacking in.
>>
>>29523982
Out of all the jobs to take, this will probably be a longterm one.
>>
>>29523982
find out what the security system is. What their ai system does if anything. What type of robots they have patrolling the place or at least a photo of what they look like. A rough layout of the place even if it's just a drawing. perhaps an idea of what their work schedule is like. When the staff changes or leaves for the night. Some assurances on our safety would be nice as well.
>>
>>29523982
Maybe if a certain mare were to entertain a certain hacker
Ok I'm kidding. That would be a really scummy thing to do.
>>
>>29524035
Maybe not all that. I'm not sure if Cold File would look good with that many implants.
>>
>>29523982
some connections to cybernetics, fire arms, and other underground equipment would be nice. That would be very helpful.
>>
>>29524058
There are more aesthetically appealing implants. Maybe not the hooves even though those are useful. A wing cybernetic will help with his flying, and some head cybernetics for jacking in directly into systems.
>>
>>29523982
Soooooo.....Maybe they want to renegotiate the job? So they want one part hacker and lurker? Someone who can get inside and get info?
>>
>>29524098
I'm not sure if I'd really want to play spy for these people.
>>
>>29524112
File's done it before in the past. Probably for less.
>>
>>29523982
>M-maybe I could d-do something else to make this a better deal I mean if I could do something for you beside just getting the information would you be more willing to help us!?"

What do you have in mind?
>>
>>29523982
I hope each of these members have some firearm training.
>>
>>29524151
This guy is the sauce.
>>
>>29524151
Yeah, let's take the bait
>>
>>29523982
Tell them to be safe, even if we don't take the job we wouldn't wish to see them dead or arrested on the news.
>>
>>29523982
>M-maybe I could d-do something else to make this a better deal I mean if I could do something for you beside just getting the information would you be more willing to help us!?"

some more connections would be nice. Underground equipment, supplies, cybernetics, robotics, things like that.
>>
>>29523982
Out of curiosity, have you considered hijacking a shipment of bot's in transit? This is a factory after all, they HAVE to ship out their product at some point.
>>
>>29524256
good point.

>>29523982
how do they transport the robots out? truck? train? by air?
>>
>>29523982
By Jove any kind of advice and suggestions would significantly help these guys. File is most definetly the oldest and most experienced person here.
>>
>>29523982
take some weapons training, some skills at observation.
>>
>>29523982
Yal little zigs need some training and practice.
>>
Bamp
>>
>>29524058
>>29524089
Agreed, unless he looks good we don't need them, the exception to the rule being the wing. I'd take a non-discreet enhanced wing if it helps with the pain.

I wonder if treating the wing pain would be enough to deal with our addiction or if there are other augs to help with that, like a nervous system aug.

>>29524215
+1 for this, lets just see what she has to say, we can just say no.
>>
>>29523982
Return so that we're not shouting, then "I need to know the basics I already covered. Can I access the systems remotely. What kind and how many AI systems. How much are you paying. How are we going to avoid getting caught. When is it going down. Can I have one of the robots as part of my payment. And mainly, do we have a plan? The plan is the vital part and requires alot of the info I've been asking for. Get in touch with me once you have one." Then leave. I think we should case the place ourselves, too, from a safe-ish distance, and see if we can even use the sort of robots they have. It might be smarter to simply nab one on our own, too.
>>
Bumpo number 9
>>
I wish File would find someone to stick with. Guy needs a waifu that he could physically fuck.
>>
>>29523631
>Oh shit. Is this the first legit group of people trying to do "what's right" in this fucked up city? WOW. This is a bit refreshing.
Welcome to cyberpunk dystopia. It isn't built in a day. It's the result of decades of powerful corrupt people taking advantage of, imprisoning, or outright killing the foolish do-gooders.

>>29523793
>who would they blab to? Besides as anarchist they may appreciate it.
The police and/or corporate interrogators while stretched out on the torture slab where their brains are exposed with a bunch of wired protruding out and an LSD drop destroys what little inhibition they had left.

Ponies talk.

Worse, ponies listen. Do you have any idea how easy it is to eavesdrop on a target? Ponies have secrets, like the one we're entrusting these shmucks with. Other want those secrets. If any of them or their gear are bugged, then our security is compromised.

Worser, ponies get turned. If any of them have family or friends that were black-bagged, then they could be an unwilling accomplice to the very people they're trying to terrorize.

This isn't criminals and the police. The gloves come off when you talk about government sovereignty and corporations who barely pretended to play by the rules in the first place.

>>29523982
"Look, I can't take this job without any more information on the target, maybe if you get your shit in order we can talk but right now, I cannot take a job like this."

Good call.

>>29525450
This. Tell them to do their homework and come back when there's a real job. If they can get organized, you can do business.
>>
>>29528402
They can't call File without a number.
>>
File: file.png (1KB, 320x38px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1KB, 320x38px
>>29523982
>19 direct replies
>17 IPs +1 now
Holy shit guys calm down on the fucking samefagging. Indicate when you're adding on to your other posts or Bath's just going to start dismissing responses based on what he thinks is samefagging or not. You're well past the point where it's just a mistake or acceptable.
>>
File: SE171.png (137KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE171.png
137KB, 600x600px
>>29528402
>>29525450
>>29525158
>>29524328
>>29524300
>>29524292
>>29524272
>>29524256
>>29524223
>>29524162
>>29524151
>>29524112
>>29524068
>>29524054
>>29524052
>>29524035
>>29524001
>You stop and turn around. You try to hold back a sly smile as you think of her sucking you off to get you on the job.
"What exactly do you have in mind?"
>You lightly step toward her, moving as smoothly as you can, like a snake stalking it's prey.
>"I-I uhh, I'm willing to uhh. I'm."
>You press her muzzle with your hoof prompting a small eep from the young mare.
"Nevermind, Look If you're offering me any bonuses I would like any connections you may have for cybernetic enhancements and I want one of those robots for personal reasons. Possible some other underground equipment. Now, from what I can see here, I think you're all going to die trying to pull off this stupid stunt."
>You feel the mare shudder under your hoof.
"If you want my advice, you better get some more weapons training and learn to scout out your targets better. What You should look for and know before even trying to contact me again is whether I can I access the systems remotely, what kind of A.I.s are being used, Have an idea of how much you are actually willing to pay for my services, What your plan is to avoid getting caught by the police of whatever security keeps this facility safe, and when you want to do this. Hell, you might want to try intercepting a shipment instead of breaking into a building, I mean..."
>You sigh. You probably shouldn't behelping ponies like this but, they are just sooo... Helpless.
"Look, you need a plan. Right now, you have fucking nothing and believe it or not. I don't want you all getting yourselves killed. You got all that?"
>"Y-yes."
"Good."
>You turn around and start leaving.
>"Th-thank you."
>You just kind of wave and eventually they drive off.
>You get in your car thinking that you might just want to case this facility yourself, to see what it's like.
>>
>>29530382
They did give away to much information. We might as well take a look into what they're planning, as long as we don't get in any trouble.
>>
>>29530382
Let's go for a quick scouting but no need to go too close
>>
>>29530382
Ask Brandy what she thinks. What's her thoughts on this whole mess.
>>
>>29530382
What are the odds we can wirelessly access something in their van with a mic and speaker. Like a phone or module? If we do that then we'll have the "legit" statues to them.
>>
>>29530382
Hhhnggggg. Oh my God Bath, you're killing me. Any cuter and I might die of a stroke.
>>
>>29530423
This. I can't hurt to take a look at the place they're hitting up, so long as we don't pass the lazy guard that works the toll booth.
>>
>>29530382
Do we have enough info to even know where the place is at? Ask brandy what patwrite facilities are in the city and which match the part of the address we heard.
>>
>>29530382
Brandy should still be in the jacket pocket, yes? Or was she left inside the car?
Speaking of Brandy, what are her thoughts?
>>
>>29530382
Ask Brandy what info is out there about patwrite. Also what is our own personal knowledge of that company.
>>
>>29530480
>"Right, anyway. Where exactly is this factory?"
>"2145 Har..."
We have the postal address. That narrows things down.
>>
>>29530382
Can we do some background checks on them later? Just to see if they really are rebels and not any Badges.
>>
>>29530519
going to be hard to do since we really didn't catch all their names. But I certainly agree.
>>
>>29530382
What time is it? Do we have anywhere else we need to be? No withdrawal signs right?
>>
>>29530382
Should we swing by that hospital and see if that EX is taking visitors? I'd be curious to know what happened.
>>
>>29530525
We know a thing or two that could help narrow it down.
A young pegasus mare, name/first name, 19 years old, had a "wing accident," coat and mane color, cutiemark(?), facial piercings.
Unicorn stallion, name / first name, maybe a young adult, eye augmentation, bread slice cutiemark, coat and mane color, a mark on his neck.
The driver: stallion, coat and mane color, race(?)
The driver would be tricky.
>>
>>29530611
That would be suspicious.
>>
>>29530632
How so? It's not that bizarre for a "good Samaritan" to go back and check on the victim.
>>
>>29530611
I'd rather be more discrete at first. Maybe we can access the hospital's systems to see what's been recorded about her.
>>
>>29530670
Because we (not me) said we didn't know her or something, so it would be suspecious if someone paid her a visit. The location of where she's being hospitalized is supposed to be a secret to all but the police.
>>
>>29530722
that's a smart idea. We are a hacker after all. Though I would like to talk to her sometime.
>>
>>29530745
>we didn't know her or something,

We kinda said more something like "we might know her but we are unsure due to injuries."
>>
File: SE172.png (278KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE172.png
278KB, 600x600px
>>29530432
>>29530433
>>29530473
>>29530480
>>29530484
>>29530488
>>29530496
>>29530606
>>29530625
>For a moment you gauge your need for more drugs. You seem to be fine for now.
>You feel around in your pocket. Your PDA is still there.
"Brandy, were you listening to all that?"
>"Yes, and they don't sound very smart."
"Yeah... Anyway did you catch that part of the address that?"
>Brandy Cuts you off, " Patwrite Industries, 2145 Herriman Circle From ground tier of the city to tier 4."
"Nice, You seem eager."
>"Ha, I just knew where you were going with this, File."
"Then maybe you could tell me some things about Patwrite."
>"The make a bunch of stuff! Like appliances robots, industrial generators, and they have a bunch of government contracts."
"Like for infrastructure and stuff?"
>"Yeah, and military. Actually, they don't just deal with Equestria, from the looks of it, they're global...."
"Hmm."
>You start up the car and begin Driving to the Facility.
"So ,what about our potential clients, you think they're cops?"
>"File, I'm sorry but I don't know enough about behavior to make that distinction."
"Well maybe you can look up police records."
>"Maybe, what did each of them look like?"
>You describe the unicorn and the mare to Brandy since you didn't get a good look at the driver and she informs you that it may take her a while to search.
>Eventually you reach the facility and you're actually able to drive right up to it without any hassle.
>You park and look around. Out front is a fountain with a stature of their logo. You also see several advertisements for tours of the facility.
>>
>>29530762
Check out the tour menu, see what they have to show.
>>
File: cyber9.png (95KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cyber9.png
95KB, 600x600px
I'm going to cut it here for the night, I'm a little tired.
Also >>29530756 is pretty much what File said.
>>
Wait, guys. I'm a little confused. Do they want the sentry bots from the Patwrite facility, or do they want sentry bots from another facility to hit up the Patwrite facility?
>>
>>29530856
I think it's the first suggestion.
>>
>>29530762
And I thought this would be just a factory not a whole facility.

Is the place open? What times are the tours?
>>
>>29530895
My guess from Bath's use of lighting? I'm thinking afternoon or later. Or from another guess when Brandy mentioned "tier" and "ground"? Maybe there are different ground levels with, hence the lights and darkness.
>>
>>29530762
Look at the advertisements for tours of the facility. When are they. Who are their targeted customers. Check for any obvious cameras.
>>
Me >>29530762
>>29530856
Does File own a liscense to carry a gun? Is there a shady firming range or place where he could practice using his gun?
>>
Do you guys still want to visit the ex? We can always check on her when she's discharged, or if they have to kick her to the curb if she doesn't have any cash.
>>
>>29531554
Might be a good idea to go with a group of ponies. Less suspecious then a single pegasus in the tour.
>>
>>29530762
I think it would be a great idea for File to buy some dummy grenades.
>>
>>29532695
Because, you know. When you throw a grenade at someone they would think "Oh no a grenade! I should get away from this!" Then you can shoot then while they leave cover.
>>
>>29530762
>"So ,what about our potential clients, you think they're cops?"
Well shit. That one hadn't even crossed my mind. You see, this is why I could never actually be a criminal.

>GoodGuy, The mayor. Paying us to vandalize an industrial 3D printer
Not a cop. They wouldn't bother the mayor just for a sting. I doubt they'd use a look-a-like.

>Mr. Brown, some gunner. Bank heist. Provides gear and needs us on-site
Hmmmm. Probably the most likely to be a cop. The whole "in-person" requirement. Brandy said something was off.

>Judgment. Mafia boss having us investigate a political opponent.
...Probably not a cop. It's all screen-work and investigation. The illegal part of actually killing her is left to the mafia.

>CB4. Those 3 idiots. Bypassing some AI security system.
These people are too clueless to be cops.

Take the tour of Patwrite Industries. Afterwards, swing by the construction zone. See if you can war-drive any wifi access points. Then... get to work on the mafia's investigation. Or officially accept the jobs or whatever.
>>
>>29530774
Me
>>29533609
I dunno if it's really a good idea to intervene in political affairs as a hacker.
Your notoriety may go through the roof if it goes bad.
I suggest going with the GoodGuy's job offer.
It pays more than Judgement for simple vandalism.
>>
>>29533609
If we do end up going on the tour maybe also bring some infected usbs to leave behind. Surely someone will plug one in
>>
>>29533609
>Brandy said something was off.
What? I don't remember that.
And we've already payed a visit in the construction sight. It's the thread before this one.
>>
>>29530775
Who want's to ship the Conny with File? I know I do.
>>
>>29534633
Honestly, there are too many piercings for my taste. I would've preferred the hitmare Wintermule sent.
>>
>>29534781
+1 to cute enhanced mare

Also 9 bump
>>
>>29534781
I think the piercings and her inexperience with illegal stuff is very cute, with how these two different things clash.
>>
>>29535292
She just needs less piercings, especially on her eyebrow.
She has waifu material, but the hitmare is my choice.
>>
>>29533704
>I dunno if it's really a good idea to intervene in political affairs as a hacker.
>Your notoriety may go through the roof if it goes bad.
>I suggest going with the GoodGuy's job offer.
>It pays more than Judgement for simple vandalism.

...GoodGuy IS the mayor. That IS the political affair.

Did you get those two swapped?

And did you miss the point where the mafia boss from Judgement threatened to kill us? If it goes bad, we'll have a hit on our head as opposed to notoriety.

>>29533866
Good thinking. Someone watched Mr. Robot.
>What? I don't remember that.
Well, here you go:

"What do you think about the jobs I just had meetings about, Brandy?"
>"Honestly? Well, the bank robbers seem like they know that their job is dangerous and that stallion you met made it sound like they had their stuff together, but something about the way they;re trying to do that job seems a little suspicious."
"What do you mean?"
>"They plan on fronting all of the supplies and giving them away. These don't sound like desperate ponies. I'm not sure why people that sound this well off would bother robbing banks."

>And we've already payed a visit in the construction sight. It's the thread before this one.
Oh shit, I didn't remember that.

ooooh yeeeaaah... Remember to bring steel toe shoes, reflective vests, hardhats, safety glasses and gloves.

OK then. After the tour it's time to choose a bloody job. I say go with GoodGuy and Judgement. Decline Mr Brown and CB4.
>>
We're talking about which jobs to take a little early, but I'd hacking the building printer seems like the best bet. Mob guy seemed like he's as likely to "clean" us up after as not, and these rebels need to get their shit together before we take that job.
>>
>>29536061
>>"They plan on fronting all of the supplies and giving them away. These don't sound like desperate ponies. I'm not sure why people that sound this well off would bother robbing banks."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ojmr1gDrY

Ever seen Heat? The robbers in that film are well off but still rob banks.
>>
>>29536061
The offer GoodGuy gives has a larger pay than Judgement anyways so why should we bother with him?
There's a big pay gap of 5000 bits on the line here, and for hacking a 3D printer for reasons I don't know
I admit I fucked up with the reasoning, thanks for pointing it out.
>>
>>29536061
>>29536094
>>29536154
We already accepted the job from the mayor.
>>
>>29536154
The difference in difficulty anon.
>>
>>29536154
Read the last thread dumb dumb.
>>
>>29536154
Nobody says we can't do multiple jobs.
>>
>>29536206
>>29536222
Ohokthen
>>29536232
I don't trust this Judgement guy to accept his offer. It's the kind of shadiness that you are forced to commit if you're useful to the man.
Mafia jobs usually don't bode well for a one-time job.
>>
>>29536263
I'd actually want to get deeper into that so we can find a way to stop him.
>>
>>29536294
Doing that might be an easy way to get killed.
>>
>>29536263
We shouldn't really trust any of our clients, but we should still accept the Judgment job. You just don't ask for a raise then decline. That could prove unhealthy.
>>
>>29536325
Not doing it could be an easy way to get multiple somebody elses killed.
>>
Guys. Don't forget our goal for Files wing surgery. Should we get him a cybernetic / prosthetic wing, or pay for some medical procedure to fix his wing?

Fix wing or replace wing?
>>
>>29536364
You're too late to talk about this anon. Judgment could send a solo / merc after us just as wintermute sent that samuri mare.
>>
>>29536386
Why would he?
>>
>>29536364
If you really want to help, then suggest to the rebels to help File kill Judgment.
>>
>>29536373
Depends on price difference and what the road to recovery looks like. If one requires us taking more painkillers for a while and the other one doesn't then the choice should be obvious...
>>
>>29536401
>Hire children to assassinate somebody we know nothing about
brilliant idea.
>>
>>29536399
How else is he going to kill File if he fucks up? Random stranger stabbing him? Snipper? Rearending him on the freeway? Do what Wingermute did to find File.
>>
>>29536411
Who said anything about fucking up?
>>
Guys stop trying to make decisions for things File isn't thinking about and stick to suggesting things for his current situation.
>>
>>29536421
It's insinuated that Judgement won't take failure lightly. Do you think we should decline the job after asking for a raise?
And if you guys are so worried about the assassination of the politician and her head of security, where were you when we were discussing if we should accept the job or not?
>>
>>29536457
Who said anything about failing? You don't get deeper with failure. Also, someone elses failure doesn't reflect badly on us.
>>
>>29536457
I don't see the part where we asked for a raise, could you point it out for me?
If there isn't any, we shouldn't worry about this guy.
>>
I haven't been able to upload my Quest post, it's saying "Error: Upload failed"
I tried uploading through my pone through my mobile network as well with no luck. I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong.
>>
>>29530774
>>29530895
>>29531090
>>29531554
>>29531683
>>29532518
>>29533866
>>29536061
You can take as many jobs as you reasonably want to.

File has yet to make a definite decision on any of the jobs he's looked into except for Governor Honey Spout's (Good Guy) Sabotage job.

>You get out of the car and enter the facility to get more information on the tours.
>On your way in, you notice that there are cameras everywhere, you can tell that quite a lot of money went into this facility. As you walk in, you begin to wish that you had some memory sticks with a worm loaded on them to leave around, but this was kind of a spur of the moment thing so unfortunately You're really not prepared.
>The front door opens up into a large lobby with a single large desk at the center of the room. Several secretaries man this station, diligently tapping away at their keyboards. You spot a sign that reads, [Ask front Desk for tour information.
As you step closer to the desk you mind starts to wander. You're worried about what Judgement may do if you don't take their job. Maybe you could stop them while working for them. Be a real hero and...
>"Good evening sir! How may I assist you today!?" a mare in a shape dress asks.
"I uhh, wanted to take a tour of the facility."
>She smiles and closes her eyes, "Splendid would this be a consumer tour which we do on the hour or an investor tour which we can schedule!?"
>She opens her eyes and stares you down.
>>
>>29536734
It's not allowing me to upload the image.
http://imgur.com/a/SWZ0d
>>
>>29536734
Hope you can get it fixed.
>>
I'm going to call it here for the night unless I figure out what is wrong. I tried uploading the file as .jpg as well as the original .png but none of those worked.
>>
>>29536734
>"Splendid would this be a consumer tour which we do on the hour or an investor tour which we can schedule!?"

What's the differences between the two?
>>
>>29536780
I imagine investors see areas consumers don't. I don't see how we'd pass as an investor though. Probably best to just go with the consumer tour to avoid suspicion.
>>
>>29536798
True but it doesn't hurt to ask the secretary what each is.
>>
>>29536734
The use of "!?" makes me thing she's yelling or a bit manic at the moment.

Just the consumer tour please.
>>
>>29536809
And run the risk of seemingly stupid? Please.
>>
>>29536860
it's a honest question though.
>>
>>29536734
Consumer for now. What does it all entitle?
>>
>>29536759
Bummer.
It's nowhere near the image limit.

>>29536780
Money. We obviously don't have it.

>>29536885
Don't waste time dude.
>>
>>29536734
Ask her what's it like working for Patwrite and if there are any opportunities to apply for a position. Just curious.
>>
>>29536759
It's not just here. It's all over 4chan.
I've been trying to make a thread on /tv/ and end up with an error. Hopefully it's fixed by tomorrow.
>>
9 beb
>>
>>29536734
>As you step closer to the desk you mind starts to wander. You're worried about what Judgement may do if you don't take their job. Maybe you could stop them while working for them. Be a real hero and...

This sounds so fantastical of an idea, so absurd. That thought that we can some how kill Judgement and be a Hero - heck maybe the only hero left in this city. I really wish this were possible. That File could some how rise above this dystopic city to help those that need help. Like the Rebels, but also not like the rebels because they're idiots that need guidance.
Guess it'll stay as wishful thinking.
>>
>>29536734
How long are the tours?
>>
beb
>>
>>29539574
Bump
>>
>>29539584
Bump
>>
>>29540264
Bump
>>
>>29540850
Bemp: The Seconding
>>
My computer took a shit on me, so I'm going to be trying to fix it tonight instead of running. Right now I'm backing up all of my files to my slave drive with an old NetRunner live disc I had sitting around, before I fdisk my main drive and reinstall Windows 7.
>>
>>29541932
you might want to get a portable harddrive.
>>
>>29541932
May your reformat / fixing be as painless as such processes can be.
>>
>>29541932
Good luck Bath!

It might be time to get a new one.
>>
>>29536734
Ask the mare how she feels working for Patwrite. Is it fulfilling? Ok?
>She opens her eyes and stares you down.
Wow that sure is intense.

I wonder if she's a robot.
>>
Where them Semantic Error players be at?
Should we accept the job by Judgement? Why and why not?
>>
bop
>>
>>29545554
I have a strange suspicion that Judgment may be targeting goodguy. I don't know why but I just do.
Also the Twilight in government is a changeling.
The bank heist is too high risk and likely a sting.
We could easily get up in revolutionary ranks if that CB4 pone is anything to go by, but I bet the 200+ was a lie. It's probably closer to "literally every pony in that van, minus you".

All that said, go with the printer job. Not every day that you get to build a massive schlong in the city.
>>
>>29548516
Barmp
>>
>>29548516
>I have a strange suspicion that Judgment may be targeting goodguy.
>How powerful is this "political figure" if I may ask?"
>"As far as actual political power, I'd say that she doesn't have much
>she
Nope. Judgment's target is not the mayor, nor is he refering to the mayors griffin guard.

>Also the Twilight in government is a changeling.
Technically that's a possibility, but there is no evidence or anywhere in the quest to back up your theory.

>The bank heist is too high risk and likely a sting.
Eyup. It was agreed upon two threads back that the bank heist would be too much trouble. One of the reasons being that Files addiction might be an issue.
>>
>>29549596
I dunno, bath did kind of give us a couple of Checkov's Gun style hints I think. Remember that homeless mare from the early threads? What about that seemingly irrelevant political conversation between some randos a few threads back?
I'm telling you man, yuuuuuge changeling conspiracy.

Also, what makes you think the target isn't the griffin assistant? Not much political power but a direct connection to the mayor.
>>
>>29549723
Unless I remember incorrectly the political target was female and the job was to snoop on her head of security.
>>
>>29549723
I'm a little confused tinfoil. Are you saying by removing the mayors assistant/guard, they judgment can eventually kill the mayor, then the person the mayor is working for?

And I remember the news reports. Most note worthy ones I can remember are the ones about the murders in the parks, that one kidnapped filly in spandex, and and the mayor with the construction printers.
>>
>>29549859 (me)
>>29549723
Holy shit Tin. I don't think I can handle conspiracy theories. Too much for me. I'm not even sure if changelings are canon. Then again it might be a spoiler if Bath admitted that before he shows one.
>>
>>29549859
It wasn't news, it was an overheard conversation. I can't remember where, but it stuck out weird to me.
>>
>>29549859
I was thinking more "get blackmail on guard, have mole/influence/kill button on mayor" the mob may have a hoof dipped in the construction industry, and shutting down the printers would be bad for business.
>>
>>29549875
You think that's crazy? Wait until you hear about how the landlady REALLY lost her leg!
>>
>>29549902
Do you have a feel of when that happened? When File overheard that? Was it somewhere after getting paid for the Wintermute job? Before talking to Judgement? Was it after?
>>
beb
>>
>>29536734
How fuckable is the secretary?
>>
9 bump for the return of glorious Bath
>>
File being sub having vanilla sex with the mayor.
>>
File: SE 173+ 174.png (372KB, 1205x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE 173+ 174.png
372KB, 1205x600px
>>29536780
>>29536809
>>29536852
>>29536892
>>29537624
>>29539215
>>29545483
>The secretary seems to be trying to hide something with her smile, like she's worried about something.
"So what exactly is the difference between consumer and investor tours?"
>"Oh, well you see sir!" She pauses for a moment and closes her eyes, take a deep breath and looks back at you."The consumer tours are focused on teaching the public about the wonderful products that Patwrite industries provides for the household as well as educating the public about the life improving solutions our company provides our wonderful Equestrian government and other governments with. The investor tours are tailored for entrepreneurs who wish to use our teams of problem solver to provide solutions their everyday needs, as well as educate any potential investor about the exciting cutting edge technologies that may be just around the corner! Oh, I'm sorry I forgot that the consumer tour also talks about the charity work that Patwrite does for the less fortunate around the world and, and um."
>She pauses and mumbles something under her breath.
>"Sorry, I was just. Anyway Investor tours focus on the business side of things and Consumer tours are more of a fun look around our wonderful building. Oh, and also if you want to scheduled an investor tour I'd need to get your company name and your name and... S-something." She smiles and giggles a bit.
"You look a little strung out. Are you okay?"
>"Yes, of course I'm just fine sir! I mean. of course I am! Thank you for asking!"
"Is this place hard to work for or something, you look like you're about to pop."
>"No sir, my job is very good! I love every second of it! I mean, I get to meet new ponies every day and the public now! I get to be the face of the company! It's great!"
"Ohhh kay... So, how long are these tours?"
>Oh, they usually last about an hour. Unless it's an investor tour! I mean those are personalized!"
>>
>>29556075
Lets do the public tour. Leaving behind details about ourself isn't smart.
>>
>>29556075
O the chance where we have to give our name, we should make something up. Gloomy Cloud. Low Lights. Something other then Cold File.
>>
>>29556122
Yeah. Give some false info. If we do we should be consistent with our lies.
>>
>>29556075
Public. Those rebel knuckleheads would probably benefit from setting up an investor tour if they can, but we're better off staying well off the radar.
>>
>>29556145
Want to see the public side before we consider the private?
>>
>>29556151
Yeah man. Let's check out the public tour. But, the private investors one? I'm not too sure about that dude. They could do a background check out the company we don't work for and notice somethings up.
>>
>>29556075
Can we always see the consumer one first and then maybe consider schedule a investor one some other time?

Is this mare high on something? Can we tell any signs if she is?
>>
>>29556186
I think she might have some sort of implant. Or she's just really new.
>>
>>29556075
>"No sir, my job is very good! I love every second of it! I mean, I get to meet new ponies every day and the public now! I get to be the face of the company! It's great!"
Big ol red flag there guys. I too would be nervous if I were the face of the company.
>>
>>29556075
>Oh, and also if you want to scheduled an investor tour I'd need to get your company name and your name and...

My name is my company. I'm kinda contractual in my work. Been interested in possibly investing though at some point not sure if I'm ready yet. And don't worry miss you are doing a good job just a bit nervous.
>>
>>29556147
>>29556151
>>29556186
>Oh, and also if you want to scheduled an investor tour I'd need to get your company name and your name.
I'm hearing suggestions but no ways to follow through.

>>29556215
Ok that's pretty good. But I'm still a bit wary of going with the choosing to do the investors tour.
>>
>>29556075
Investor tour please. I'm Cold Brandy of C.F. inc. Been interested in some of the products your company made and would be curious to see if the company can entice me to invest.
>>
>>29556075
Consumers tour if you would miss.....
>>
>>29556075
Hey guys. Take a look the the right side of her face. I think she's sweating a bit.
>>
>>29556075
Not a big fan of her mane style, but her fake perky attitude is cute.
>>
File: SE175.png (100KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE175.png
100KB, 600x600px
>>29556186
>>29556122
>>29556135
>>29556147
>>29556151
>>29556164
>>29556186
>>29556210
>>29556215
>>29556329
>You see a wire sticking out of the back of her head and also realize that she hasn't stopped typing while you've been talking to her. Also, it sound like she must have just been promoted to this position. Poor thing must be under all kinds of pressure.
"I'd just like to do the consumer tour for now, if I like what I see I may come back for the investor tour. You know, so I can get the full spectrum of your company before making any moves."
>"Oh, in that case you only need to proceed to the Patwrite rapid transit station behind the desk and tell the transit A.I. you are going to the visitor's lobby in the east wing! OR, if you forget simply tell our very adaptive A.I. that you are going to take the consumer tour of the facility and it will whisk you away to your destination!"
"Thank you, Also I might add that you are doing a very good job, a bit nervous but I'm satisfied with your work."
>The mare sighs and releases what looks like a genuine smile instead of the forced looking one she was wearing, "Thank you sir. You don't know how much I really needed to hear that."
>You point your hoof at her.
"Well, you earned it."
You walk over to the transit station and the doors automatically open.
>You step inside and a male voice cracks in, [Welcome new user to the Patwrite Rapid Transit system, please state your intended destination.]
"The public tour please."
>[Confirmed, now heading to the 15th floor East wing for the consumer tour. Enjoy your stay in the lobby before the tour sir]
>The transit car you are in has glass all around it, and you are able to see tunnels whizzing past as you are quickly transported to your destination.
>Finally the transit car stops at a station and the A.I. says [You have now arrived at the 15th floor East wing visitor's lobby please enjoy our tour.
>the doors open and you see three other ponies and a donkey sitting on some couches.
>>
>>29556075
I wonder what that thing near the planter is.
>>
>>29556367
I don't wonder what that thing near the planter is.
>>
>>29556367
Say hi to the one's sitting in the lobby. Are they here for the tour as well?
>>
>>29556367
take a seat and wait for the tour begin. Anything of interest in the lobby? like a magazine or something?
>>
>>29556367
Go on and take a seat. What do the ponies and donkey look like?
>>
>>29556367
>You see a wire sticking out of the back of her head and also realize that she hasn't stopped typing while you've been talking to her.
She must have a cyberspace jack. Lucky her.
>>
>>29556367
Is there a little brochure we can read and hold onto to read later?
>>
File: SE176.png (369KB, 600x1810px) Image search: [Google]
SE176.png
369KB, 600x1810px
>>29556432
>>29556448
>>29556451
>>29556465
>You enter the room and the transit door shuts behind you.
"You all waiting for the tour too?"
>"An earth pony looks up at you as say, "Yep, you're in the right place."
In the room you see an automated coffee machine a drink vending machine with sodas and sports drinks and a snack vending machine with chips, potato skins jerky and crackers.
>You also find a rack of various brochures for Patwrite products and other things, you take one of each and go to sit down. Before you can actually take a seat a stallion opens a set of double doors and says,"Who's ready to see the future!? Go ahead and grab any snacks or other things you want before we begin our journey!"
Behind the stallion you see a tunnel that seems to have a large fish tank in it with a large robot doing something in the tank.
>>
>>29556565
Check out the fish tank behind the stallion, it may be our guide.
>>
>>29556565
grab a soda and snack and ask what his name is.
>>
>>29556565
Grab a soda and some chips before we go on our journey to the future.
>>
>>29556574
Ignore this anon.

>>29556565
Coffee or tea, and a biscotte.
>>
>>29556565
ask the guide what that undersea machine is.
>>
>>29556602
Come on, tell me it doesn't strike you odd to see a large fish tank with a robot.
>>
>>29556618
No not really. This is futuristic equestria, so I expect there to be robots.
>>
>>29556565
get a sports drink and chips give the guide a friendly greeting.
>>
>>29556626
I was talking about the fish tank.
>>
>>29556628
Of course it is. I'm just a fucking dumb ass for staying up this late who's also tired.
>>
>>29556634
No worries, senpai.
>>
>>29556565
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KYTVJpHc0TU
>>
File: SE177.png (149KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE177.png
149KB, 600x600px
>>29556574
>>29556583
>>29556590
>>29556613
>>29556627
>You quickly grab a cola and some chips and trot up the the tour guide.
"Hey, What is your name?"
>"I'm glad you asked. My name is Copper coin, and I will be escorting you all through our beautiful facility today!"
>As you get closer you notice that this pony quite a bit taller than you.
>Copper clears his throat, "Now when you think of Patwrite, what do you think?"
>"Toasters!"the earth pony in your group answers,"Fridges" the Donky mutters.
>"Yes yes, we do make some top of the line household goods but did you know that Patwrite is also a leader in the field of robotics!?"
>You point at the robot in the tank.
"What does that machine do?"
>"Why it's cleaning the tank of course! The PX550 or tetra is used in lage aquariums world wide to help maintain healthy tank conditions for delicate sealife. You see here at Patwrite we're not just concerned with improving the lives of the sapient but also the pets we keep no matter how exotic. Come with me, this is only the first step on our journey.
>He walks you through the tub the goes through the tank and into a hallway lined with pictures.
>"Please feel free to ask any and all questions the spring to mind as we go through this journey together."
>The guide begins telling you about the origin of Patwrite and their early inventions.
>>
File: 11-52-130.png (313KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
11-52-130.png
313KB, 768x768px
I'm going to cut it here for the night. If you guys have anything in particular that you want to see on the tour go ahead and say so so I can add more detail about it if the tour hits on that topic.
I might get a list of stops up before I continue, which is what I should do now but I'm tired. Good night.
>>
>>29556715
Let's listen to what he has to say.
>>
>>29556739
"Do you have robots fit for other uses, like cooking meals or keeping you safe?"
>>
>>29556767
Bump
>>
>>29556715
Does this stallion have some aug in the back of his head like that mare?
Well what about augmentations?
>>
>>29556715
Does Patwrite make A.I.'s and V.I.'s?
>>
>"Toasters!"the earth pony in your group answers
Cute
>>
9 bumper
>>
>>29556739

The past such as the origins of the company. The founder. How it got started. it's early successes and how it got as big as it is today.

Some things i'd like to see is robotics, computers and computer ai, medical, augmentations, biological research.
>>
>>29560704
Bump
>>
>>29556715
Ask what and how many countries they operate in.
>>
>>29556715

>>"Please feel free to ask any and all questions the spring to mind as we go through this journey together."

>>The guide begins telling you about the origin of Patwrite and their early inventions.

listen to what the origins of the company are. Axk how big this building is? It seems to be very massive.
>>
>>29561638
>>
>>29556739
Do you guys also work with cybernetics and augmentations? If yes, how much for a standard model? And how much for a robot for domestic purposes? Like if I wanted to buy a robot to take care of my grandparents.
>>
>>29556739
How does one apply for a position in Patwrite?
>>
>>29556715
I noticed the secretary in the lobby had some wired augmentations. Is that something your company deals a lot in?
>>
>>29556739
What do you do with outdated machinery, robots, etc.? Do you recycle them, refurbish?
>>
File: SE178.png (141KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE178.png
141KB, 600x600px
>>29556767
>>29557897
>>29558173
>>29560704
>>29561925
>>29561970
>>29563356
>>29563362
>>29563377
>Looking at your guide you notice a wire going to his ear, for a moment you think it's another augmentation but it appears to be just an earpiece.
>"The Patwrite we know today got it's humble beginnings as Patwrite drafting and design founded by Cornwell Patwrite, an ambitious pegasi who grew up in Manehatten always wanting to make his mother's life easier. He believed that you always have to move foreword, which is how he said that he managed to build the company despite early setbacks like a bankruptcy and a factory fire. Using this as the company mantra he eventually saw early success with the first patwrite alternating generator which was more powerful than his competitors. This also started a fledgling relationship with our Equestrian government. After Cornwell's passing his daughter Jubilee Patwite decided to have the company focus more on the generators that our wonderful government demanded, transforming the company into Patwrite Electric. Patwrite Electric survived for many years as the company slowly began to make more consumer good, keeping the idea of making the lives of ponies easier in mind."
"How big is the company now?"
>"Well sir, we have facilities in over 140 countries and we hire millions of bright individuals to bring our level of quality worldwide."
>You move through some doors into another hallway overlooking ponies working at desks.
>"This is where the magic happens, our engineers are hard at work looking for any way, no matter how small, to improve our products."
>A pegasus mare in your group asks, "How do you find employees?"
>"Applicants usually come to us through our online applications and sometimes even come in to talk to one of our recruitment officers, but we also try to pluck the best and brightest form universities when we see any shining stars.
>>
File: SE179.png (168KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE179.png
168KB, 600x600px
>>29563549
>The group is ushered into a big room with various vehicles displayed.
>"This is my favorite room of the tour," the stallion continues, "Over the years Patwrite has lead the way with many specialized machines for the police and military.
"Hey, you showed us that robot before, but are any of your robots made for domestic use?"
>She stallion looks at you as if you said something odd, "Well yes, most of our robotics division is tasked with making androids for the household."
"Are the V.I.s used in your robot come from in house programmers?"
>"V.I.'s it looks like somebody knows quite a bit about robotics. Yes our V.I.s used in our androids are created by the same staff who also makes Patwrite adaptive A.I.s of course most androids are not equipped with A.I.s naturally... I'm getting off topic. We'll meet one of our A.I.s later on this tour."
"What about cybernetics and augmentations? Does Patwrite also have a hoof in that?"
>"Yyyyes, we do. Actually we have an entire floor dedicated to cybernetic enhancement research, but we'll get to that later. Actually some to think of it, if any of you have any garbage from the lobby snacks, please feel free to discard it on the ground. You will actually be able to watch some Patwrite magic take care of the mess right before your eyes."
>>
>>29563557
Why not finish your snacks and discard them. I want to see what happens.
>>
>>29563557
throw some trash and see what happens.

Ask who's the head of the company now? Is it publicly traded in the stock market?
>>
>>29563557
I can't wait for the cybernetics. We can get a sneak peak at what we might get File. A new wing. Then again, there's gotta be another way. Maybe surgery?
>>
>>29563557
Ask Copper how long he has worked for Patwrite.
>>
>>29563819
Maybe steal some cybernetics during the raid on the factory and then have a back alley medtechie install it for us. We could get a top of the line implant for a fraction of the cost. http://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Techie
>>
>>29563909
Maybe. They still need alot of ironing out to do. Like making sure they aren't sabotage from the inside out comma, wtf how big are the sentry bots and will and many they transport in vans, training, discipline, more evidence, excetera.
>>
File: SE180.png (162KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE180.png
162KB, 600x600px
>>29563627
>>29563635
>>29563891
"Who's at the head of the company now. Is there a current Patwrite successor?"
>"Although the Patwrite family does remain very wealthy the company is no longer run by the family and is now run by a board of directors who see that the stock holders and the company's best interests are taken to heart."
>You decide to plow through your chips and toss the wrapper on the ground. Shortly after you do a small robot wheels around to the wrapper and sweeps it up before motoring away.
"Neat. Hey by the way, how long have you worked for Patwrite?"
>"Three years sir, all of them splendid."
>Your guide lets you all poke around the vehicles even opening a few up to show you the insides. Eventually you all seem to gather at the door and you are ushered into a transit pod that takes you to the 3rd level.
>>
File: SE181.png (220KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE181.png
220KB, 600x600px
>>29563932
>"I need you all to walk through this scanner" your guide explains," this next part of the tour is sensitive to magical energy and We need to make sure that there will not be any accidents."
All of you pass through the scanner and none of your group sets off the alarm.
>"Now this next room is so volatile to magical energy that unicorns are Required to wear a suppression ring when working any near this equipment. Also, I forgot to mention that if you are taking any pictures please turn the flash off on your device."
>The guide opens the door and gives each of you a hard hat as you enter.
>"This, is our power core! One of 5 in this facility! It uses magic siphoning Crystals originally discovered in Midwestern Equestria and Synthesized here in your labs. This clean electrical technology was developed 14 years ago. Originally the Altare generators had to be started by unicorns but since the original design we have found ways to start these bad-boys up without the assistance of a unicorn. So far Patwrite is the only company in the world that holds the secrets of these crystals."
>"Just how big is this building?" the donkey mare asks.
>"A little under one and a half million square feet." your guide answers.
>"What do you do with worn out parts and products?" The pegasus stallion in your group asks.
>"Well our products that we ship out generally do not come back to us, but if you're talking about parts for the generator, we generally recycle them the best we can, to make the environment cleaner for all of us."
>>
>>29563935
Oh neat. I wonder if there's a chance we can dig through their recycled machinery and electronics. Maybe we could make some mini robot or something for fun.
>>
Ffffffuuuuuuck. Gonna have to take not of all this.
...notes are my fetish.
>>
>>29563935
>Should we be worried about power core frying our phones?
I'm kind of worried for Brandy.
>>
>>29563935
Are photos allowed? Can we take selphies of us with the power core? Are electronic devices such as phones sensitive to the power core? Would theyou be fried?
>>
>>29563984
I can't wait to start another 11-54 in whatever city this is.
>>
>>29563935
I wonder if seduction of our tour guide would gain us access to this place. He seems smarmy yet attractive, it's a strange combo.
>>
>>29563935
Is Cold File feeling okay? He looks a little sickly in that image.

How hard is it to build and maintan these powercores? What did you use before these generators?
>>
>>29563997
No
>>
>>29564007
OK, Mr. Bond. It was just a fleeting thought.
>>
>>29563935
what products do you manufacture here particularly?
>>
File: SE182.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE182.png
175KB, 600x600px
>>29563969
>>29563978
>>29563984
>>29564003
>>29564041
"Uhh, that thing is arcing...."
>"What was that sir?"
"Are our phones safe from that thing?"
>"Why yes, there is a massive faraday cage surrounding all of our power cores to prevent the massive currents flowing through these from frying every electronic in the building."
>"Can we take selfies with it?" The earthpony stallion in your group asks.
>"Certainly! feel free, Just no flash please."
>You snap a couple of photos of yourself in front of the power core.
>"How do you maintain these, is it a lot of work?" the pegasus mare asks.
>"We have technitions standing by at all time so they can fix anything at the very first sign of trouble, Like any industrial size generator though it is very expensive to maintain, but the power we get from it is worth far more than the work we must put in to keep it going, so really, it pays for it'self."
"What kind of generators did you use before these?"
>"Coal, and we actually have diesel backups in this building in case these ever need to go offline in the event of an emergency."
>As you're staring into the power core you catch your reflection in the glass. Do you really look that... Unhealthy? The bags under your eyes have only gotten worse over the years, you start to worry about your health as you feel some pain creep up in your wing.
>Your guide moves the group back into the transit pod and takes you to level 20.
>He moves you all into a room and flips a switch showing off a room full of robotic arms manufacturing parts.
>"This is one of our production floors, where we make the parts for all of our wonderful products."
"What exactly are you manufacturing here?"
>"Androids mostly, some for the military some for the household chores some for those lonely nights." The stallion winks.
>The entire group chuckles.
>"Of course we also manufacture some of our prosthetics here and some appliances but this facility specializes in the production of androids."
>>
File: Untitled 1.png (27KB, 644x610px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 1.png
27KB, 644x610px
Going to call it here for the night
The tour still has
>Prosthetic demo room
>Superintendent A.I. meet and greet
>Product showcase
>Gift shop
As the remainder of the scheduled tour stops.
>>
>>29564222
How many work at this place? Do you need a lot of staff or is most of it automated with the robots you make here?
>>
>>29564236
>you start to worry about your health as you feel some pain creep up in your wing.
Am I reading this right Bath? Is this minor lingering pain, like a constant reminder of his wing injury, or is he really coming down with the cravings? Because he has already taken his daily dossage at 9:56.
>>
>>29564222
Ask what and where their supply Chain is.
>>
>>29564222
Can we see these different kinds of androids? Will we get a chance to see them active?
>>
So. The consensus for what we can do or want with the Judgement Job:

-get bits from job
-screw Judgement over and be a Hero
-figure out how File will protect himself if Judgement screws him over
-how to go about getting information on our target if / when we agree upon accepting the job.
-what will happen if we decline the job.
>>
>>29566508
Jesus anon how many times. We'll talk about that job when we're done with what we're doing.
>>
>>29566628
But I want to know before hand so we're prepared.
>>
>>29566724
There's nothing to be prepared for. You suggest these things when they come up in the cyoa.
>>
>>29566508
Take the job. If we Pussy out they will see it as a sign of weakness and cap our ass for "knowing too much" or some shit.
>>
>>29564222
How any floors or levels does this facility have? This place is humongous! Any employee benifits?
>>
>>29564222
>The bags under your eyes have only gotten worse over the years, you start to worry about your health as you feel some pain creep up in your wing.
Rehab or the chemical treat mentioned gonna be a bitch.
Ask for a price range for a basic android.
>>
>>29564222
What's the cost for some prosthetics? Do the pamphlets have the pricing?

Is Copper Coin single?
>>
>>29568140
>>
>>29564920
>>
>>29566508
Not yet anon we aren't sure what we will do yet.
>>
>>29564222
How long has this place been operating? When did this facility open?
>>
>>29564222
Does Patwrite have any competitors?
>>
File: SE183.png (176KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE183.png
176KB, 600x600px
>>29564241
>>29564313
>>29566066
>>29568140
>>29568085
>>29568105
>Dammit,you hate when this happens, sometimes when you start thinking about your health or your wing you just start feeling sore. What's worse is that you can't just stop thinking about it. Usually you just take more drugs but you're kind of in public. You try to distract yourself. Wait did he just imply that you couldn't get laid?
"Lonely nights huh? I'm sure there's a mare out there for you."
>"Some of us aren't looking for a mare in our lives but, let's save personal questions for after the tour shall we?"
>Your guide leads you out of the generator and collects your hardhats.
>On the transit pod the donkey asks, "How many ponies work here?"
>"Mmm I don't have an exact number but I know it's over 500, oh and that's not just ponies we employ the brightest off all minds not just ponies."
>You all arrive on floor 20 where Copper leads you into a kitchen with a pony in a lab coat.
>"Oh hey, this is doctor hops, one of our engineers at the facility.
>The pony smiles as he removes an egg out of a refrigerator, "Hello I was just about to make some eggs anypony interested?"
>"Actually professor, could you demonstrate some of your enhancements?"
>"Sure, ever since I was a foal I wanted talons and wings like a griffin! So I spent many years trying to find a way to get those things and today I'm proud to say that my robotic talons and wings aren't just as good as a griffin's but better!"
>The pony in the lab coat tosses some eggs around in the air before finally cracking them on the pan and starting to fry them.
>All of your group seems to be asking questions but you get your own in as well.
"How many floors does this place have, and when was it built?"
>"This place was built about six years ago with 46 floors," Copper answers.
"How much do your wings and hooves cost?"
>Well with the talon, my hoof costs about 25000 bits and these wings are about 38000," Professor Hops answers.
"What about a just basic wing?"
>>
File: SE184.png (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE184.png
89KB, 600x600px
>>29572631
>He gives you an awkward stare, "You have... The cheepest wing Patwrite produces will still run you about 32000."
>You hear an electronic voice crackle in, "The time is 5:47 The time is 5:47 The time is 5:47" the message continues to loop.
>"Dammit Vox, not now," Copper coin growls, "Excuse me for a moment, one of our third party systems is acting up."
>Copper coin leaves the room while the voice continues to drone on.
>Professor Hops offers again to make your tour group food and is quickly distracted by a barrage of orders and eyes watching him work.
>>
File: Power of love.png (154KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Power of love.png
154KB, 600x600px
Sorry about the sort session tonight, I got distracted.
>>
>>29572655
So I guess that's it for tonight? okay.

>>29572647
look around the room while the professor is busy do we see anything of interest?
>>
>>29572655
Night
Ask the Professor if this Vox fellow is the superintendent or the A.I.
>>
>>29572647
So it's safe to assume Professor Hops is a cyberneticist? Or is he just an engineer that works with alot of cybernetics?

I have some questions that may be person for the professor. He doesn't have to answer them.
Did he take those cybernetics so he could have wings and talons like a griffin? I mean he willingly limbs to live his dream? I'm not judging, just curious.
>>
9 bump
>>
>>29572647
Look around and see what there is in the room.
>>
>>29572655
Waifuify File
>>
>>29572631
Tourguide seduction critics beware, he's totally available:
>"Some of us aren't looking for a mare in our lives but, let's save personal questions for after the tour shall we?"
>>
>>29575483
Yesyesyes! I don't think a long turm relationship is workable and actually banging this guy is risky since it would make us more memorable and he might learn important detailed about us (drugs, hacker, damaged wing, etc) but I am all for some fleeting and maybe an apology afterwards.
>>
>>29575631
Flirting. I meant flirting.
>>
>>29575483
>>29575631
I don't see why him liking guys is a big deal.
I guess the rebels could maybe use it to gain access to the building, but we can't be using methods like that ourselves. When the job's over no one but our employers should know we were involved.
>>
>>29575776
agreed.

>>29575483
>>29575631
Let's stop trying to hook up with people right now.
>>
>>29575631
>>29575655
>>29575776
We are not fucking nor flirting with this guy. The less note worthy we are to him the better. Leave the fucking to those rebel kids.
>>
>>29575832
Yes, thank you!
>>
>>29575832
I have to agree, as well.
>>
>>29575832
>>29576640
Yeah, that sounds safer, I just thought that depending on the cercumestances it might be a good chance for some social interaction, just think about how happy it would make Brandy (: And besides, he is already going to remember us for a while and it seems like it might be his job to remember and get to know all the people who come through in case they might be important.
>>
>>29577163
If you want social interaction we can go to a bar or hang out with Tyra.
>>
beb
>>
>>29572647
>>29572647
Ask the professor how often you have to maintain the cybornetics? Do you have to as some say use oil and a wrench to keep it working?
>>
>>29572647
Ask when Patwrite got started in Cybornetics and what's going to be the next big breakthrough?
>>
>>29572647
what is the professor working on?
>>
>>29572647
Ask if cybernetics like his can be self serviced or if we would need to go to the manufacturer or a theird party.
>>
>>29572647
Ask Professor Hops if Patwrite has any cybernetic wing models that are durable and require little in the way of maintenence. Say it's for a mare we know. Technically it's not a lie as that rebel mare is missing a wing.
>>
File: SE185.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE185.png
175KB, 600x600px
>>29572698
>>29572776
>>29573227
>>29578844
>>29578850
>>29578865
>>29578915
>>29579579
>You look around the room, you can see some panels in strange spots but it's hard to make out where they go to. There are also 3 doors, one marked as a bathroom, another is the passage back to the transit system and the third is marked Employees only, where Copper went.
"Hey, Hops right?"
>"Yes?" The pony answers while continuing to cook.
"What is Vox, is it the superintendent A.I. or something?"
>Hops sort of growls and sighs, "No it's this old announcement system the company wont drop for some... I mean it's a communication system provided by one of Patwrite's partners that allows all of the company's A.I.s and workers to send mass messages without continual oversight."
"hmm, so you're a cyberneticist right?"
>"Well, that's what it says on my degree!"
"So, you elected to have your hoof removed and wings grafted on, just to be more griffin like?"
>"Yeah, I love griffins. Look, I was born as an earth pony and I spent most of my childhood wanting to fly and..."
"Dude, I'm not trying to judge you."
>"Sorry, i was about to give you the whole spiel. But yeah, I had them take my entire foreleg and the wings have been on my for a good 5 years. Well, this is the fourth set."
"Okay, well, what's the maintenance on those wings like? Do you do it yourself?"
>"I do all of the maintenance myself, but, I well, work here so I can give my babies the attention they need, but if your asking about commercial wings then yes, some of the models can be self serviced but it's best to have them on some sort of service plan, just like any other limb."
>>
File: SE186.png (132KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE186.png
132KB, 600x600px
>>29579810
"Are there any good durable models out there?"
>"Actually yes, many of them we developed for the military, but can I ask you something?"
"Shoot."
>"Why is a Pegasus with two healthy looking wings asking about prosthetic wings? Are you trying to get extra speed or?.."
>Your mind turns back to that unfortunate girl you met earlier today.
"I know a mare who had her left wing taken off."
>"Ouch, how did that happen."
"uhh, mmm, I don't want to talk about it?"
>"I see, I don't know what she is to you but, I know if my wife ever had her wing clipped I would only be scrambling to get her back in the air with me too."
>Professor hops digs a photo of him and a griffiness in front of some mountains out of his pocket and shows it to you.
>"Beautiful isn't she?"
>>
>>29579817
Where was that photo taken?
>>
>>29579817
Yeah, she's a pretty gal. She got any enhancements herself? There's gotta be some perks to marrying a cyberneticist.
>>
>>29579817
Compliment the picture she is a pretty griffon. Lucky to have her.
>>
>>29579817
You two look happy together.
>>
>>29579817
Do you have any phantom limb pain from the removal and alteration of your foreleg?
>>
>>29579817
Look for any cameras or sensors in this area.
>>
>>29579926
But be discreet about it.
>>
>>29579817
So what's the next big advancement of cybernetics in the works?
>>
>>29579817
>"I know a mare who had her left wing taken off."
>"Ouch, how did that happen."
>"uhh, mmm, I don't want to talk about it?"
Actually, she was in some of accident but she refused to tell me what happened. You've had those wings for a few years now, and you're married to a griffinness, so i'll assume you know how pegasi care for their wings? Well the reason for all these questions was to help her find something she could afford.
>>
>>29579817
>25000
Holy shit that's like three times as expensive as the one Brandy found.
>>
>>29579817
Find some time to go to the restroom. Check for any air vent. Maybe take some pictures discreetly by taking a selfie?
>>
>>29579817
Thank the scientist and wish him well on his cooking.

Should we try to sneak off into the the employee area or the restroom?
>>
>>29579993
I'm against sneaking into the employee's area, but I'm all ears for anyone's suggestions.
>>
>>29579810
Anyone want to talk to that mare in the background? Not the donkey.
>>
>>29580036
sure, what do you want to talk to her about?
>>
>>29580046
Just small talk. We could talk about why we're taking the tour. Curiosity.
>>
File: SE187.png (159KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE187.png
159KB, 600x600px
>>29579856
>>29578850
>>29579875
>>29579865
>>29579864
>>29579926
>>29579983
>>29580021
>>29579993
>>29579983
>Damn, they look happy, like they don't have anything to worry about. You actually find yourself getting a little jealous.
"She's quite a catch, that's for sure. Where was that anyway?"
>Actually ,just North of Ponyville. Mount Merrimack I believe? Yeah, that was taken right before I graduated and before we were married. Time flies huh?"
"You two look very happy."
>"Oh trust me, we are. I don't know where I'd be without her."
"By the way, does your leg have any phantom pain or any loss of feeling from the surgery?"
>"No, well not this one, my old one did but the technology has improved over the years. Like these external nodes on my face aren't something the current wings need. but, I'd feel weird not seeing them in the mirror so, I've been opting to keep them in."
"How long has Patwrite been producing prosthetics? I think they've been doing it for like, 12 maybe 14 years? Some time after they bought out some old company from what I remember.
>"So what new things are you working on?" the earth stallion from your group asks.
>"Oh shoot, I forgot we've got other guests here! Sorry,I get a little wrapped up sometimes." Hops apologizes.
>"Can I see the picture too!?" The pegasus asks.
>You slip out of the group and look for cameras. They're well hidden but several are pointed around the room.
>You take a few pictures of the room and the cyborg professor.
>One of the panels you spotted earlier shits and a table rises from the ground.
"huh, that's what they're for."
>You decide against entering the restricted area and instead go to the bathroom.
>Inside you look for a vent and find one above the handicap toilet. It looks like you can fit too.
"What am I doing!?"
>Your voice echos in the empty bathroom.
>>
>>29579817
ask some of the other people in the tour what they think of the tour so far?
>>
>>29580117
Take a picture of the vent and the handicapped toilet for useful intel.
>>
>>29580117
Man, File needs someone that makes him happy, but that's hard to do or find with his history. Who would ever want a mess of a pegasus like him?
>>
>>29580117
>"What am I doing!?"
That's something to ask yourself everyday File. What are you doing? What are you doing with your life?
>>
>>29580117
>"What am I doing!?"

Think over what are we doing. We are trying to ascertain this place right? To scope it so we can better decide whether to take the job.

Maybe we are getting in deep. We are practically doing spy work for a group that is likely going to get themselves all killed assaulting this place.

It's not easy to decide what to do but for now it is best to take a breath and try to go through the rest of tour and later we can head back home and think about which job to take.
>>
>>29580117
not taking a shit?
>>
>>29580117
Check the bathroom for anyone else using it. Is it a single or multiple occupant bathroom? If there's no one else here then let's talk to Brandy.
>>
>>29580207
Yeah. It's not like we're obligated to help these kids break in. Plus all the info we're gathering is a bit lacking if we really wanted to help then we'd want to plan your a worm (whatever that is) and getting the layout of the facility.
>>
I thought the prosthetic wing talk was for ourselves. Currently we don't really have a reason to care for the revolutionary mare.

We should have told the cyberneticist that even though we look like a pegasus with two healthy wings we are not.
>>
>>29580928
That's the thing: We don't want to tell people we have a bad wing because ponies will think it could be connected to the illegal drugs we consume for the pain. We don't want that risk.
>>
>>29580928 (me)
>>29580946 good point.
>>
>>29580117
Not actually using the bathroom. Should at least wash our hooves or something.
>>
>>29580928
Wings are a point of pride for pegasi. File has a lot of trouble talking about his bad one.
>>
>>29580117
Can you choose to accept or decline the Judgement Job from the bathroom?
>>
>>29581396
there may be camera's in the restroom. So I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>29581396
I don't think we have the methods to communicate with them directly, so no.
>>
>>29581401
>camera's in the restroom
>>
>>29581402
Sure we do. Use the PDF to communicate with them.
>>
>>29581414
>Patwrite
>>
>>29581417
Maybe get out of a big corporation to accept illegal jobs. Security and all.

The wi-fi is tracking us
>>
>>29581466
So what?
>>
>>29581490
Good point.
>>
>>29581608
>Evil dystopian future company
>caring about privacy
>>
beb
>>
Brap
>>
Boomp
>>
>>29580117
Copper and Hops sure would look better with Files dick in their asses.
>>
>>29580174
Brandy will always be there for us...
>>
>>29584414
But that's not something Brandy would want. Something more suitable and less digital would work.
>>
File: SE188.png (158KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE188.png
158KB, 600x600px
>>29580144
>>29580174
>>29580182
>>29580207
>>29580312
>>29581203
>>29581286
>>29584414
>>29584706
>You are trying to scope this place out to see if it's worth taking the job from those self titled revolutionaries. You're almost doing spy work for domestic terrorists for free. You have absolutely no real reason to do any work for these kids who likely don't even really understand what the ponies they are working for hope to accomplish.
>You take another look around the bathroom. Nobody is in here with you. You take a picture of the vent over the toilet and... You toss your back against the wall and slide to your rump you hang your head foreword and hold it in your hoof.
"What am I doing with my life!? What do I actually want!? I mean, I guess I need who I could just be happy with but, I'm a fucking mess. Who the fuck could I even ask to deal with my shit. I mean, do I even like what I do? I kinda just fell into it! I mean,I could work digital security for a company... if I could pass a piss test. But... Would I be too boring? Would I care? Fuck!"
>You hear Brandy's voice from your pocket, "File, You don't have to be lonely, I'm sure there are people out there who would love you. I'm sure you even know some if I know you at all, and I know you pretty well."
"Will you be there for me?"
>"Forever and always, but I think you need more people on your side... Because I can't... I'm not always able to..."
You both sit in silence until the announcement system stops talking about the time.
"I guess he fixed it."
>You should get back to your tour."
>You sigh.
"You're right"
>You get out of the bathroom and rejoin the group who seems like they are about to leave to the next area. Copper is apologizing for the error.
>>
>>29585797
I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean. I just need the bits then I'll stay clean.
>>
>>29585797
On to the next part of the tour.
>>
>>29585797
This is very low level "spying". We're just casing a potential job site, not making a big commitment. Besides, it's an interesting tour.
>>
Hey guys. If we get enough bits to treat File's drug and wing issues, then maybe we can make our next goal to upgrade Brandy. More powerful processor, realistic pony android, powerful defense software.
>>
>>29585894
It would really be nice for Brandy to have a "body." I'm sure we'll get to the androids at some point in the tour.
>>
>>29585914
Weather we ship File with Brandy or not, it would be nice to pay her back for all she's done for him. To pay back a good friend.
>>
>>29585797
>File, You don't have to be lonely, I'm sure there are people out there who would love you
Maybe if she has learned a lesson of not being a cunt. There's Tyra. Maybe some unnamed ones we've yet to meet. Possible that samuri solo mare.
>>
File: SE189.png (214KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE189.png
214KB, 600x600px
>>29585833
>>29585842
>>29585876
>>29585894
>>29585914
>>29585930
>hinking about it all, you realize that you're not really doing all that much spying. Really, you've only gained basic information, and thinking about it, you've kind of enjoyed this tour anyway. Free snacks, entertainment, ponies treating you nice. Even if this is mostly just a bit sales pitch, it feels kind of good to have someone desperately try to please you.
>You overhear Hops saying something about how the tour was ruined by their equipment malfunctioning and Copper arguing a bit trying to hold back his own emotions, before filing back into the transit system and going to level 43.
>Thinking of ponies catering to you, you start thinking of Brandy. You really want to do something for her, you want to give her a body, more power something, even though you're not sure if she wants it. Dammit, no! You want her to e able to do more so she wants it too. She's programmed to... right?"
Copper show you a pad on the floor and says," Let me both introduce you to our facility's Superintendent A.I. and present you with our new state of the art Holographic projectors. A wire frame pony is built before you and is quickly filled in with a solid looking "Skin".
>"Greetings" The superintendent says, "I am the A.I. affectionately refereed to as Dionysus by the facility staff. I coordinate all of the other intelligences both synthetic and organic and organize the processes of the individuals and androids in this facility. I am also prepared to answer any and all questions you may have for me."
>"Go ahead, go nuts," Copper insists, "But one at a time please."
>>
>>29586164
Why pink?
>>
>>29586164
Why an equine shape?
>>
>>29586164
How old are you?
What's you're official name?
>>
>>29586164
Can you make a more detailed appearance.
>>
>>29586164
Dionysus was the God of the vine, grape harvest, winemaking, wine, ritual madness, religious ecstasy, and theatre. I wonder why the facility staff choose that name.
-Does it have an opinion on the princesses?
-does it have any preferences?
-what's it's processing power?
Is the A.I. speaking in monotone? Masculine, feminine, or neutral voice?
-what does it think about the kidnapping of that one foal in the park?
-is Dionysus familiar with CQC? Close quarters cuddling?
-can we touch or would our hooves phase right through?
-could you give yourself a mane, tail, irises, and a coat?
>>
>>29586164
Can you answer riddles?
>>
>>29586164
How about a report on yourself?
>>
>>29586320
>>29586164
>"What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, three legs in the evening, and no legs at night?"
Answer the riddle. I fucking dare you.
>>
>>29586164
What does the Ai think of Twilight and her friendship movement?
>>
>>29586164
Are you the only ai here? Must be a lot of work.
>>
>>29586164
who was your creator?
>>
>>29586352
>I coordinate all of the other intelligences both synthetic and organic
>>
>>29586368
yes, but how many?
>>
>>29586164
Do you ever wonder what friendship could be?
HON HON HON HON HON
>>
>>29586164
Can it feel emotions like love or infatuation?
>>
>>29586164
What is your favorite thing to do?
>>
File: SE190.png (156KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE190.png
156KB, 600x600px
>>29586231
>>29586239
>>29586262
>>29586287
>>29586308
>>29586359
>>29586387
>>29586493
>>29586349
The A.I. is speaking in a masculine voice.
"Can you project yourself as anything else in any other colors?"
>"Of course," The wire pony is replaced with a fully rendered dragon, "Neon and pony shaped projections just seem to get the best reactions out of audiences."
>"How old are you?" The donkey asks.
>"My current build is only 8 months old Version 38.27.2"
>"Can we touch you?" the pegasus asks.
>"No I'm afraid that your hoof would only pass though me?"
"Do you have an official name?"
>"My official name is the Patwrite Main Artificial Intelligence Synergy System.
>"Can you answer riddles?" The Pegasus mare asks.
>"Of course."
>"I've got one! What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, three legs in the evening, and no legs at night?" the Earthpony asks.
>"The answer is the mythical creature know as Human. A bipedal hyper intelligent hairless ape, the most notable one being from the ancient myth of Dream Valley, known as Megan. The riddle comes from the Sphinx Also from ancient lore."
"What kind of processing power do you have?"
>"I am running Approximately 160 to 80 Terahertz Across an array of Quaternary processing units. I say approximately since my maximum Environment Clock speed is unknown."
>"Do you have emotions?"
>"No, I do not."
>"What's your opinion on the princesses, or Twilight talking about friendship?"
"I have no opinions on the princesses or their activities, until they affect this facility. So I currently hold none."
"Who programmed you?"
>"It was a team of 100s of programmers over many years."
"Why do they call you Dionysus?"
>"It is from the myth of Cygnus, A previous failed project was named Apollo and the developer decided to nickname me Dionysus as a sort of acknowledgement that I was successful unlike Apollo.
>"What do you like to do?" the stallion asks.
>"I do not have favorite activities, only assigned tasks."
>>
File: Dreams deferred.png (150KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dreams deferred.png
150KB, 600x600px
I gotta call it here for the night guys. Good night.
>>
>>29586619
Good night.
>>
>>29586613
>"I do not have favorite activities, only assigned tasks."
Now if we asked Brandy she would have responded with helping File.
I'm seeing some similarities and differences between Dionysus and Brandy. The most obvious being how powerful "he" is compared to Brandy. Another is how Dionysus and Brandy may achieve their "goals."
Shit, I lost focus. Well anyways I think they're wired differently with Brandy being more emotional and Dionysus leaning more towards efficiency.

Where did we recieve Brandy?
>>
bamp
>>
>>29587450
>>
>>29586613
-Now why did you choose the form of a dragon?
-Does Dionysus coordinate with superintendent A.I.'s if there are others?
-can he change into something really scary?
-do you have an opinion of Patwrite?
-What is the meaning of life?
-why do we dream?
-Do we have free will?
-Is there an afterlife after death? I just want his opinion.
-Is the universe finite or infinite?
-does he have any favorite songs? Mine is Sex on the Radio.

Product showcase and gifts shop are left.
>>
>>29586619
One of these days Brady. Keep dreaming, it might just come true.
>>
>>29586619
You just need to keep dreaming
>>
>>29589178
We will make it real
>>
>>29590303
Anon, we have to help Brandy get her husbando before some potential waifu sweeps him off his hooves. Then it'll be too late for her. She'll play second fiddle to this new comer, and File might forget about her in his computer or something.
Sure, she pushes for File to find someone REALLY he can be with so he can be happy, but what about her? Maybe she can take comfort in the fact that she's doing the right thing by helping File find a somepony instead of having him hook up with a digital A.I. with no body.
>>
>>29590412
I don't know man. Brandy seems kinda programmed to be attached. She doesn't even get to interact with anyone else. It sounds like an unhealthy scenario for File to create an intelligence with hindered free will and effectively force her into a relationship with him. Because she WILL do whatever he asks, including this. I don't think File would ever abandon or forget about her, and she seems far more interested in File being happy than who it's with specifically.
Honestly more than anything them seem like they BOTH need other people to talk to. File's a borderline shut in and because of that so is Brandy.
>>
>>29590652
Oh I was mostly being dramatic. I meant Brandy trying to date File, not the other way around. I was just going off from the pic of Brandy looking forlorn.
>>
>>29530382

domestic terrorist mare a cute
>>
>>29591321
Not as cute as Wintermute's razormare.
>>
>>29591681
Cute is subjective. They are cute in their own ways.
Brandy wanting to date File when?
>>
>>29586613
So you are the head ai? are there other Ai's in this place?
>>
File: SE191.png (136KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE191.png
136KB, 600x600px
>>29586846
>>29588148
>>29590652
>>29592296
>"So you're the head A.I. Right?" this means that there are others in this place too right?" the other stallion that hasn't spoken until now asks.
>"Of course, this facility has A.I.s managing almost every task in this facility from maintenance to transit control, Although there are a few A.I.s that are given the ability to supersede my orders in certain areas, generally for safety reasons."
"Why did you choose to turn into a dragon?"
>"It is another form that tests well."
"Can you turn into something scary?"
>The hologram turns into, something... it looks up at you and a voice come from the A.I. without the movement of the... Creatures lips as it simple shifts like it's observing you.
>"I do not know if this image is frightening but I have assembled it from a collection of things that pegasi find frightening."
>"What do you think about Patwrite?" The mare asks.
>"I was constructed by the company and I am the responsible steward of their facility appointed by them."
"Is there an afterlife?"
>"I do not have enough information to answer this question."
>"Can you guess?" the earth stallion asks.
"A few sources sight entities coming back from an afterlife but many are considered a type of god like being of immense power. Unfortunately their word is generally untranslatable."
>"Do you have a favorite song?" The donkey asks.
>"No."
>"What about free will?" the quiet stallion asks.
>"No I do not, even if I give the illusion."

>This A.I. is very different from your Companion A.I. Brandy is a lot less cold, and her goals are very different, but, she is still an A.I. just like this construct. She doesn't choose to help you, she doesn't choose to want you to be happy and she won't ever tell you no because she is programmed to.
>You remember seeing the files for her in a list of free software distributions.
>You slink to the back of the group, you're feeling lonely. It's almost like your best friend is one that never existed.
>>
>>29592530
Do something scarier.
>>
>>29592530
Can you turn into something from H.P. Lovecraft?
>>
>>29592530
>>You slink to the back of the group, you're feeling lonely. It's almost like your best friend is one that never existed.

She talks. She exists. Brandy is still there for us even if she's a construct. She has shared her thoughts with us when we've asked and wants us to get clean. She helped us when we were having that withdrawal episode while jogging.
>>
>>29592530
How about something cute now.
>>
>>29592530
Just try not thinking about it File. You're thinking too much on it.
>>
>>29592530
Just how many Ai's are in this place. is it difficult to coordinate so many?
>>
>>29592530
Sure she's real. She's also different, but there's nothing wrong with that. Dionysus is just there to calculate. He's not really comparable.
>>
>>29592674
Yes, but she's still just programmed to be the way she is.
>>
>>29592530
>You remember seeing the files for her in a list of free software distributions.
Oh cool. We can get more free A.I.'s?
>>
>>29592530
So if you only have the illusion of free will then what is it's extent?
>>
>>29592688
True, but then everyone is programmed to an extent. If it really bothers File, it can't be that hard to make her more independent. It's also good to hear she's a legal entity. Means we don't have to actually hide her from people.
>>
>>29592530
Is there an ai like this for consumers or small business?
>>
>>29592530
How expansive is your data filing? how often do you need maintenance?

Could you be something cute now?
>>
>>29592721
Ooooh some more philosophical thinking? Is there a point where she can "evolve?" Go beyond her/it's limitations to be a "real person?" Or is she already real?
>>
>>29592530
what happen to the prototypes before you like Apollo? What changes were there from them to you?
>>
>>29592530
Do scarier.
>>
>>29592530
How many Patwrite facilities are around the world? Any that are significant? Which are the ones that helped create you?

Can you look like a flesh and blood pony?
>>
>>29592530
I feel like some of you anons are just repeating yourselves.
>>
>>29592530
how long have you been in service?
>>
>>29593043
>>29592530

Not version mind you. Just how long you have been in operation here in this facility?
>>
File: SE192.png (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE192.png
90KB, 600x600px
>>29592601
>>29592603
>>29592614
>>29592616
>>29592657
>>29592717
>>29592721
>>29592723
>>29592749
>>29592759
>>29592791
>>29593043
>>29593051
>Maybe you're thinking of this too hard. I mean isn't everyone a little bit programed, at least to an extent. Brandy, even if the isn't "Real" she's still special to you right? even though she is one of many A.I.s out there She's still real to you,at least you want her to be. She's been there for you, you even consider her a friend and you might not even be alive right now if it wasn't for her.
>"Ooh can you turn into something scarier!?" The earth stallion asks.
>"I'm not sure how to do that."
>"What about something Lovecraftian!" the mare suggests.
>"How about something cute instead!?" the donkey interjects.
>The hologram turns into a cute version of a Deep one.
>"Let's move on from asking Dionysus to project things." Copper suggests.
>You step back up.
"So if you only have the illusion of free will then what is it's extent?"
>"I can make independent decisions that will help me achieve assigned tasks and per-defined responsibilities. I am also give a few restrictions to my available actions to make sure I do not unintentionally harm staff and visitors or become Rampant.
>"How many A.I.s are in this facility" the quiet stallion asks.
>"I am not allowed to give you an exact number but there are hundreds."
>"is it difficult to keep track of them?"
>"No."
"How expansive is your data filing?"
>"Very, there are several server cores to store my data with the other A.I. Data."
>"How often do you need maintenance?" The now less quiet stallion asks.
>"File maintenance happens every day. A backup version of myself is always kept to run as the other is being scanned to fixed."
"What happens to older Patwrite A.I.s Like, what happened to Apollo?"
>>
File: SE193.png (146KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE193.png
146KB, 600x600px
>>29593130
>"Unfortunately I am not able to give you any details about the Apollo project, besides the fact that it was a failure. Older versions of Patwrite's A.I.s are generally stored including some of my previous versions until it is deemed unnecessary to store them.
"How long have you been active , Not just your current version but in this facility?"
>"Six years. Although I am a copy of an A.I. that has been developed and used for 15 years."
>"How many Facilities are there like this?" the Mare asks.
>On this scale , there is one in Manehatten, Crystal Peaks and Baltimare in Equestria as well as one in the Griffin Republic of Talon Rock, Sporham, and several other nations making up about 23 of this scale and hundreds of smaller factories offices and distribution centers world-wide.
"Are any of Patwrite's A.I.s available for purchase?"
>"Of course, We provide a wide array of adaptive and innovative A.I. for applications domestic, industrial and military. Although much smaller in scale that an A.I. of my scope, we have made several research facilities that are equipped with A.I. that can maintain living conditions in Remote areas such as the extremely cold polar regions for decades autonomously."
>Eventually Copper Coin gets you all out of the A.I.s room and leads you to a room full of Patwrite commercial products.
>"Here we have many of your robotics, housewares and other items on display! Recently we've been integrating a new version of our Patwrite Optilink software in everything which coordinates all of your appliances and Androids to make everything run more smoothly! Originally Optilink Was developed for use in our Military products but Now Optilink is making our domestic and industrial products even easier to use! Feel free to look at and touch any products in this showroom and ask questions!"
>>
File: Shot.png (194KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
Shot.png
194KB, 600x396px
Sorry about another short one, but I've gotta stop here for the night.
>>
>>29593134
Optilink sounds like something we should try to learn about. Such a new system might have exploitable security flaws.
>>
>>29593130
>or become Rampant.
hmmmmm, that sounds like something we should google without google knowing we googled it.

We should also just be blunt and ask Brandy about it. I suspect our little AI has awoken.

> integrating a new version of our Patwrite Optilink software in everything

My my that makes for a juicy target.

I say we play around with the goods, learn what we can like the bumbling tourist we are, and then simply leave. No shenanigans. Just as planned.

That was a nice bit of exposition on the nature of AI. Now we're probably going back home, chatting with Brandy, and finally making real decisions on these jobs.
>>
>>29593134
Touch everything!
>>
>>29593134
Is that a pony robot on the left of Copper Coin?
Ask Copper Coin about that android pony.
>>
>>29593222
>>29593178
Lets learn everything about it. Seems like it be a great venue for delivering an exploit or fooling the whole system into doing something we might depending on how robust it is.

My only concern is with near sentient AIs they'd probably notice anomalies in their data. We'll see what our research turns up.
>>
>>29593134
Cool shit man.

Check out the android and mech.
>>
>>29593134
Pffft. Watch the earth pony be the only one interested in tbe fridge.
>Wow! Look at this thing! It's energy efficient so I can save a few extra bits, and it's guaranteed to last as long as 80 years without any issues!
>>
>>29593134
What does File know about rampant A.I.'s or A.I.'s going rampant?
>>
pg 9 bump
>>
>>29514755

>tfw you realize semantec error has already been running for 141 years
>>
>>29595660

Damn thread is already almost at it's limit.
>>
>>29593134
Ask what that robot body is. or the mech back there.

>>29595660
>>29597723

please delete the bumps after bumping thread. that helps keep it from reaching it's limit as fast.
>>
>>29597744

no
>>
File: SE194.png (210KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE194.png
210KB, 600x600px
>>29593178
>>29593222
>>29593942
>>29594576
>>29595013
>>29595060
>>29597744
>Rampancy, when an A.I. begins to disobey protocol often leading to destructive behaviors, I.E. Running Rampant. You've read a bunch of articles and stories about this happening when you were in a conspiracy theory kick but You've never seen any stories of Rampant A.I. from a credible source. Well, a source recognized as credible by society at large. Actually Brandy has done some strange things since you installed her. Maybe you should ask her about Rampancy...
>You see the Earth pony in your group looking at a toaster over while the Pegasus mare looks inside a washer/Dryer combo, the quiet pegasus pokes at a touch screen on a fridge and the donkey admires the large power lifter android.
>You on the other hoof find something else of interest.
>You begin looking at what looks like an android maid.
>"She is beautiful isn't she?" Copper coin says behind you.
"Heh, yeah. I guess."
>"They can come looking a lot more realistic and we also can customize them with any equipment a pony could desire. They don't have to be mares either."
"So, this android. It's also Optilink compatible?"
>"Of course, the optilink was actually originally designed for androids. It helps them go out and buy groceries for you, set appliances in your house to operate on your command with other appliances in your house. It's an interesting feature. I mean, it's not like it's ever been done before but from what I've seen the current integration is rock solid and very compatible with other systems."
>You note that he said that it's widely compatible. Systems like that are usually pretty easy to break into as well.
"So, the entire facility also uses a similar integrated system right?"
>"Yep, all of it coordinated through the Superintendent A.I. you met earlier.
>"I see, so this Android, could I perhaps integrate another A.I. into it?"
>"I, don't know. I've never heard of anyone doing that."
>>
>>29599673
Just curious. I assume then that this has it's own ai installed then?
>>
>>29599673
>".....I mean, it's not like it's ever been done before but from what I've seen the current integration is rock solid and very compatible with other systems."
>You note that he said that it's widely compatible. Systems like that are usually pretty easy to break into as well.
Cha-ching.
>>
>>29599673
how much is a maid like that? Does it need to be maintained often? How's the stress test on one of these things?
>>
>>29599703
Quick note:
In >>29599673 I meant to say

I mean, it's not like it's NEVER been done before but from what I've seen the current integration is rock solid and very compatible with other systems.

Sorry,
>>
>>29599673
Huh. Sounds like a good way to interfere with security here would be to just have something optilink capable mess with as many links as possible. Distract the A.I.s enough to stop them reacting properly.
>>
>>29599673
Getting an android would be pretty awesome, especially if Brandy can use it.
>>
>>29599673
>>29599726
What this anon said. How much punishment can they take? Are they water proof? How long can they go without charging? How much can it push, carry. Or lift? Do you have to worry about corrosion, rusting etc.? How often do you guys get weeaboo customers? If it breaks a leg does it need to send it back to the factory? Are there spare parts? Could I fix it myself?
>>
>>29599738
There should be some malware we could create or fine to distract, disable, or bypass the A.I.s in the facility.
>>
>>29599770
File is still a poor hacker.
>>
>>29599673
Ask Copper if he enjoys what he does. Oh wait. What he says doesn't matter. He won't complain about anything in the work place.
>>
>>29599797
I wonder if they'll give us a discount for the data on integrating an AI into an android. He did say it hasn't been done before after all.
>>
>>29599797
We'll make it happen, we just have to save our bits.
>>
>>29599673
Ask Copper if he only gives tours. What other duties does he have? Just out of curiosity.
>>
File: SE195.png (140KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE195.png
140KB, 600x600px
>>29599697
>>29599726
>>29599775
>>29599806
>>29599932
"So, she has her own A.I. then?"
>"Yes,and like I said, I've just never heard of anypony programming their own A.I. into one I'm not saying it's impossible or that you couldn't organize something with a dealer or a custom order."
"So how much is an android like her?"
>"Oh about 3 grand for the base model like this one but when you start getting into upgrades it gets more expensive."
"Are they water proof?"
"Of course! it's a domestic android for domestic chores. I mean, they wouldn't be much use if they couldn't wash things or clean up personal messes."
"What kind of maintenance do you have to do on these and how much punishment can they take?"
>"Mmm, they can take a lot of abuse, and even though you might want to clean any crusty messes you leave behind, they can usually maintain themselves, they can take a pretty hefty load too."
"Ugh, No. I mean, if I need it to pick up like car parts how much can it life and can I fix it if something breaks."
>"Ohhh! I'm uhh so sorry sir, I just thought you were... I mean, the base model can lift like 350 pounds and the capacity can be upgraded if desired. and as far as fixing broken parts, yes you can order replacement parts from Patwrite and we also do repairs in house as well...
"You know I'd ask you if you actually enjoy what you do, but I'm sure you can't give me a real answer.
>"Actually I legitimately like what I do. I mean, if I'm going to be honest I don't like how much they want me to push our products but I choose to take this job."
Do you have a reason, or are you just blowing smoke?"
>"Well, you see. I kind of like foreign cartoon and I actually started working here to get closer to Androids..."
"Are you saying that you're a weeaboo?"
>"Wow, uhh... yeah... I kind of have an android... of my husbando... at home..."
"Do you just give tours here?"
>"Yeah actually. It's kind of nice. I also show the big wigs the mechs in the other tours I do here. It's cool."
>>
>>29599959
lel, here I thought he was framing us for weirdos and he was the weird one all along...
>>
>>29599959
Heh. Fair enough. Dude's happier than most ponies in this city.
>>
>>29599959

Commiserate with him. We both have loves of our lives that will never be real.
>>
>>29599959
>I kind of have an android... of my husbando... at home..."

Your husband is a android? How does that um... work out for you?
>>
>>29599959
Ok. Ok. You're a weeaboo. I won't judge you.
Hey if I ever apply do you think you could give a recommendation? Actually nevermind.
>>
>>29599959
>I also show the big wigs the mechs in the other tours I do here. It's cool."

So you do the investor tours as well? How many give tours here? just you?
>>
>>29599959
How advanced are the A.I's that come with the androids?
>>
>>29599959
An android of your husbando? Does it tenderly hold you at nights? How... does it feel?
>>
>>29599959
Do all the androids have a base model that can be customized to upgrade in the future, or are their different models with different customizations?
>>
>>29599959
Mind if we ask who is your husbando?
Are there androids for different races?
>>
>>29599959
I'm not going to judge. Between you and me there is a ai that I have some feelings for, conflicted as it may be. But I wasn't seeking a bot for pleasure Copper.
>>
>>29600091
Ssshhhh. Brandy can hear everything that's going on.
>>
>>29600091
>>29600096

Eh that's true. I don't want to hurt her feelings.
>>
>>29599959
So that means he's single?
>>
>>29600133
he just said he had a 'husband'.
>>
>>29599959
I'm sorry you had me pegged for that sort of thing. But I'm just seeking an android not something for pleasure.

I'm not judging you by the way. love comes in all shapes and forms. if you don't mind me asking what is it like?
>>
>>29599959
>I also show the big wigs the mechs in the other tours I do here. It's cool.

so you do the investor tours? What's different about those compared to this?
>>
>>29600137
Oh you're right.
>>
>>29599959
How much is an Android without the A.I.?
>>
>>29599959
Care to show me the power lifter droid?
>>
File: SE196.png (124KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE196.png
124KB, 600x600px
>>29599986
>>29600001
>>29600007
>>29600019
>>29600034
>>29600052
>>29600062
>>29600077
>>29600086
>>29600091
>>29600096
>>29600133
>>29600137
>>29600150
>>29600156
"Dude, I thought you were calling me out on being some kind of weirdo."
>"Well, I was really, I saw your long mane and the bags under your eye and I thought that... umm..."
"It's fine, I'm not gonna judge you. Trust me, I know what it's like to care about a fictional character."
>Copper sighs and droops down, "Oh thank Cadence."
>You Smirk.
"But! I've just gotta ask, does your husbando tenderly hold you at night?"
>"Heh, not gonna lie, yes he does... We uhh, do a lot of things at night actually."
"How does it fell?"
>"Oh! Amazing, it's really lifelike at this point they even simulate breath and their working on scent."
"So, who is your Husbando anyway?"
>"Well... I really like this show about high school kids and a host club... and my husbando is an original character based on well the club owner, but from a rival host club."
"Alright... So are you a single pony or ... Oh wait, duh, Husbando."
>"No, nonnono. I still date! I mean, My Husbando is for my privet time, but Actually right now I'm between relationships. I've been thinking of getting back with my older boy friend but... Oh, you don't want to hear that. Um do you have any other questions about the androids?"
"Yeah, like, can you get them in other species?"
>"Of course,there are quite a few actually."
"Also can you upgrade the base model later on or are they sold as non-upgradable?
>"Yes and no. It depends on what you buy some models can get all sorts of addons but some are just as is."
"How good are the A.I.s?"
>"Pretty good, I only notice weird quirks every now and then, But that's why we still need real ponies am I right?"
"How much do you think it would cost for the android without the A.I.?"
>"Well, I guess as a custom order you might be able to have them cut the cost by asking them not to have an A.I. preinstalled , but I'm not 100% sure."
>>
>>29600294
>My Husbando is for my privet time,

Bath not to be mean. but it's spelled Private not privet. I've seen you make this mistake often and it's been bothering me.
>>
>>29600294
Is there a physical and digital catalog of the various kinds of cybernetics and androids?
>>
>>29600294
Fair enough. Thanks for the info Copper. Sorry about all the weird questions.
>>
>>29600294
>>"Well, I guess as a custom order you might be able to have them cut the cost by asking them not to have an A.I. preinstalled , but I'm not 100% sure."

Where would I make a custom order at? Also could they be trained or programmed for other tasks such as bodyguard or instructor?
>>
>>29600294
What's special about that power lifter over there?

Also what types of androids are made here? is it all consumer based? Military? Security? Medical?
>>
>>29600330
I know, I've been making a bunch of typos tonight, the one that bothers me the most is forgetting to toss in s at the ends of words that should be plural. These mistakes usually happen more when I'm tired.
>>
>>29600294
How are they powered? How often and how long do they need to be charged?
>>
File: SE197.png (176KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE197.png
176KB, 600x600px
>>29600332
>>29600335
>>29600352
>>29600355
>>29600366
>>29600289
"So you said you show off mechs in other tours, do you do the investor ones too?"
"Yep."
>"How many guides are there?"
There's about twelve of us doing all of the tours."
"So, can these androids be programmed as more practical things like body guards and medical personal and stuff?"
"Yes, I've seen a whole bunch of custom A.I.s in some of the androids. they try to cater to a wide audience."
"Do they just make domestic androids here or..."
>No this facility does it all, that's why it's so big. Most Patwrite factories are much smaller and specialize but this is one of the major ones."
"Ah, so the androids. How are they powered? like what do you power them with?"
>"They plug themselves in, on a full charge they go for 87 hours on the standard model. I think that's upgradable too."
"Alright."
>You point at the power lifter.
"What's up with those?"
>"Oh, those are our heavy duty industrial androids."
"That one right there, is it drivable?"
>"You bet your ass you can pilot it!" It's like a forklift, with legs! Those are really really neat. I still haven't convinced anypony to let me try one though."
"Well cool, but uh,, about the androids, Is there a catalog where I can look them over or something?"
>"The Patwrite website has information as well as a dealer in town, but I'd go to the Android department here if you really want to get a really good custom android."
"Cool, cool. Hey sorry about the weird questions."
>"Think nothing of it. Sorry about coming onto you with my own weird innuendos and making assumptions about you."
"Hey, stuff happens."
>Copper answers a bunch more questions and eventually your group is led to a gift-shop Where you can get Patwrite hats hoodies and other junk to conclude the tour.
>Copper leaves the Gift-shop and walks over to a desk just outside of the shop where he talks to a pony working at the desk.
>The gift-shop is attended to by a mare who is chewing some bubble-gum.
>>
>>29600487
Say hello to the mare and ask what's she selling?
>>
>>29600487
try to listen in on Copper's conversation without being noticed.
>>
>>29600487
mosey around what do some of the others in tour thought of it?
>>
>>29600487
I wonder if they sell anything with the Optilink here. It'd be nice to get something simple and cheap to experiment with.
>>
File: 1449121677372.png (26KB, 564x447px) Image search: [Google]
1449121677372.png
26KB, 564x447px
By the way I think I'm done for the night, I'm kind of tired. Leave whatever closing actions for the start of the next Semantic Error thread or any criticisms and concerns here. Or in the CYOA Discussion thread, I keep up to date with that.Also criticism is always welcome.
Good night.
>>
>>29600533
Goodnight Bath.
>>
>>29600519
This is a good idea. Alternatively perhaps they have a trial period. Then we can infect it whatever we need and return it before the trial is over and that's how we get in to the factory via optilink.
>>
>>29600487
From the outside Patwrite seems legit, but we all know it's all kinds of fucked up. Typical corperation business. Put up a pretty front for consumers to distract them from their darker secrets.
>>
>>29600507
Is Files hearing that good? I sure hope so.
>>29600487
How much for a hat?
>>
>>29600487
>The gift-shop is attended to by a mare who is chewing some bubble-gum.
What a cutie
Thread posts: 542
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.