[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

* ZODIAC CYOA * thread 3.5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 19

File: gangstergangster.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gangstergangster.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
* try not 404 after 30 posts edition *

Previous Thread : >>29495158

Last Update: >>29502031 (never too late to start reading!)

CYOA archive: https://www.anonpone.com/zodiac/

Pastebin : http://pastebin.com/n1SMm4XE

Current :

>you watch Libra as she approaches, trying to anticipate which direction she is going to kick
>she picks up a considerable amount of speed
>something is telling you to focus right but you're going to stay put until you see the ball
>one of her back hooves hits the ball with more force than you were expecting
>she is able to maneuver out of the path of the ball quickly
>it's such an awkward motion you are almost distracted by it
>the ball is moving right fast at about eye levels
>you jump over to the side and try to reach your hands out in any kind of blocking motion
>the ball sails right through the top corner of the goal
>you're not even sure if you had a chance...
>you guess horses don't lose
>Libra flutters into the air in celebration
>“What was that thing you were saying about manifesting skill earlier Aquarius?”
>you can hear her giggling to herself as you stand up and admire your surroundings
>you notice other interesting metal work around, maybe potential seating?
>there are several large metal hoops elevated above the ground in a couple areas around the parameter of the field as well
>you hear Capricorn speak up
>“Niiiiice one Libra, you've won the right to go get the ball”
>both the Gemini ponies laugh and you think you see Aquarius laugh silently to herself as well
>it does look like the ball went a ways out there too
>bummer
>Libra huffs and starts to fly in that direction
>>
>>29511418

>you look back down at the grass briefly as you wait for Libra to return with the ball
>the patterns are subsiding slightly but still feel radiant and elevated
>you look over to Capricorn who is watching Libra
>you silently wonder how she is feeling
>she said she wanted to be on the same level as you, you wonder if she still is
>you see Aquarius stretching slightly out of the corner of your eye
>is she officially the cutest?
>just as you are about to consider further you hear Libra yell something from a distance
>“Hey everypony! Come over here! I found something”
>you are taken out of your miniature trance and are brought back to reality
>everyone around you is already alert and trotting over
>you can see Gemmy and Minny whispering to each-other ahead of you
>Capricorn and Aquarius are at your side, you can see Libra in the distance
>she is examining what looks to be a broken up statue
>the ball is caught up in a very odd looking bush by the scattered white marble
>you all make a semi circle around where Libra is looking
>you look at the base of the statue
>it is impossible to tell exactly what the stonework was of, but the base is still intact
>the only thing carved in it are two stars
>they are very on center, you can tell someone threw a fit over the placement
>Libra is the first to speak
>“Are you seeing what I am seeing?”
>you are about to comment on the stars but Aquarius speaks first in a very matter of fact tone
> “Yes, the plant is very clearly fake”
>Libra nods
>oh what?
>sure enough, it is some type of artificial matter...
>you look at the base of the plant
>Capricorn speaks up, pointing at the ground
>“That is a hinge! Libra I think this goes underground!”
>very detail oriented observation there, she leans down and dusts the ground
>sure enough there is some-type of hinge
>Libra grabs the plant and pulls upward on it, the dust moves to reveal the outlines of a square board
>>
>>29511425

>“Ohhhhhh finally I'm gonna find some buried treasure”
>Libra giggles and trots in place on the ground
>Aquarius raises her voice
>“Not so fast Libra, we need to be careful. We don't know what is down there”
>Libra makes a dismissive pssh noise
>Gemmy speaks up from your left side
>“That is a valid point, I think we need to send someone back to the castle and let the others know where we are”
>you don't really know what to add
>Aquarius nods in agreement
>“Yes, that would be logical, Libra, why don't you fly back quickly and inform at least one of the others”
>Libra scoffs loudly
>“I found the thing I wanna get to explore it! I don't need to be a messenger, that is ridiculous Aquarius”
>she pauses and pulls on the plant again before speaking
>“Caps, help me lift this”
>Capricorn seems to be broken out of deep thought and look up at you before quickly diverting her gaze to Libra
>she speaks up tentatively
>“I-I don't know about all of this Libra. Maybe we should plan this out a bit more carefully”
>you look at the marble around on the ground again and contemplate your options

>input

*last thread *
>>29504773
>>29505995
>>29504786
>>
>>29511440
Anon and at least one Zodiac should stay to investigate the discovery. Send Libra back with the ball to inform the others. She can fly so she'll be faster and have a better viewpoint in case anything goes wrong. If it's an emergency she can just launch the ball at the castle to raise the alarm.
>>
>>29511886
Agreed but I dont think we should open it until everybody is here we should stand guard with somebody.
>>
Would you look at that. Page nine.
>>
Oh, hey, this thread's up again, neat.

Didn't even get to see #3 before it got archived. Will get to responding in some time.
>>
>>29511440
>>29514598

Caught up. My input this time's gonna be brief:

Aquarius, Gemini and Capricorn have a point. Since it seems Libra is bent on being the one to lead the exploration party, how about we propose waiting with the opening the hatch until she returns? She won't be missing anything. Given how this hatch lay here undisturbed for quite a lengthy amount of time, its contents probably aren't moving anywhere.

There is the matter of which house to alert too. If Libra visits the Water or the Fire house, chances are, she's just gonna interest more ponies willing to explore, given the passion for mystery of the former and the high liveliness of the latter.
I believe it is the Earth House we should alert. Virgo seems rational, able to think level-headed in a pinch, while Tauros looks strong, potentially able to move rubble, in case we got stuck underneath it. Neither of these sounding as though they'd cancel their regular activities and rush here instead immediately. Plus, it seems fair to alert them, given that Capricorn is a part of that house.
>>
>>29514803
I think it best to alert everybody but otherwise yeah wait here with libra
>>
>>29514814
*but otherwise yeah I agree
>>
>>29514814
>>29514821

Seems valid to me, but I don't think we should find the compromise in not pushing Libra to go round the whole castle, while itching to explore so much.

We could propose going with her too. That would make a nice gesture, having her choose between company and getting it done fast. Think it could do her good. We could have her calm down a little if we did it this way and make sure she doesn't half-ass the directions towards this place while rushing to explore.

Alternatively, we could pin up a piece of paper over the door of the Air House, explaining what's up and how to get here, for everyone to see.
>>
>>29514853

but I *think we should find the compromise in
>>
>>29514853
I thought we were waiting here with libra and sending the others off to get everybody else.

Many hands make light work and all that
>>
>>29515029

Do you think Libra would take well the temptation of standing here still, right beside the object of her temptation?
>>
>>29515045
Well we would be there to I would not trust her on her own but she wont try anything with us there.
>>
>>29515077

Then, why not go alert the other house/s by going there alongside Libra?
>>
>>29515092
because even with libras flight I think the numbers will help more then the flight.
>>
>>29515097

Does it mean you're in for alerting more than the earth house?

If no, additional numbers seem redundant.
If yes, please present how you plan on convince the likes of Aries or Leo on staying behind to be our back-up instead of tagging along, which would defeat the purpose of alerting them in the first place.
>>
>>29515302
We alert them all and whoever wants to come can come, anybody that does not want to come can stay behind.
I just don't want to risk leaving anybody out.
>>
>>29515893

Fair enough. If that's the motivation, sure.
Bet Libra ain't gonna be happy about it though. Kinda doubting that the argument about sharing things will get to her now that she's convinced she's found some treasure.

In this case I believe we should at least take a peak there first. See if it's actually something requiring a bigger undertaking, like an underground maze or anything like that.

If it's just a single storage room, full of debris, then it's not gonna be worth rousing the whole castle.
>>
>>29516241
Yeah that seems fair take a peak in before we go getting everybody here.
>>
I'm excited
>>
>>29516826

Kinda same here.

Were you to find such a hatch, wouldn't you wish to check it outright yourself, heh?
>>
>>29517477
Yep
>>
What do you all think we found?
>>
>>29520226
My money is on monsters or an artifact.
>>
Let go to page one instead of page nine.
>>
Bemb
>>
>>29522086
>>
File: rumblr_mv.jpg (148KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rumblr_mv.jpg
148KB, 800x600px
okay cool there is a lot of input! like 2 + pages in my word document even after I condensed the text

so I read through and it seems like there are some conflicting opinions, I figured it'd be most convenient to categorize them before making any decisions. I'm a bit too tired to write anyways so this seems convenient. tell me what you think of each of these options (not necessarily exclusive) pick a few that you like

- staying guard
- sending Libra
- going to the castle with Libra
- sending a pony other than Libra
- going to the castle with a pony(ies) other than Libra
- opening the hatches and peaking
- alerting some of the Zodiac (whoever is easily available? specifics?)
- attempting to gather all of the Zodiac

on a side note would it be helpful to use a meta name or trip? I feel like these posts are pretty distinguishable even when posted as anonymous
>>
>>29524095
I think we should stand guard with Libra and send the others to alert the rest of the zodiac don't try and make them come but tell them it is an option.

I am neutral on the matter of having a peak inside first so if somebody wants to do that I am fine with it.

>on a side note would it be helpful to use a meta name or trip?
Probably yeah.
>>
>>29524095
stay with libra
>>
>>29524095
well the passage isn't going anywhere and unless Libra insists on not going I see no point in staying
the safest course of action would be to gather everyone and discuss what to do
as to what I'd like to see happen
I say we (meaning anon and any ponies present who want) should explore the tunnel
Let's grab Adventure!

and on the subject using trips/names
this site is built around anonymous culture (for lack of a better phrase), many people prefer posting without a name of sorts and since its not a requirement having names wouldn't solve anything and may actually dissuade some people from participating in the thread
>>
>>29524707
What nobody is going to have a problem with the qm using a trip.
>>
>>29524707
>this site is built around anonymous culture (for lack of a better phrase), many people prefer posting without a name of sorts and since its not a requirement having names wouldn't solve anything and may actually dissuade some people from participating in the thread
Nobody gives a fuck about that in a CYOA. A name and/or trip for the QM makes it possible to effectively run the quest because otherwise nobody would know what the hell is going on. Random Anons could jump in and shit the whole thing up in an instant. Although in this case I don't think it's particularly necessary, since it's fairly laid-back and still easy to identify who the QM is, having a meta-name or trip certainly wouldn't hurt.
>>
File: syuashv.png (2MB, 972x1312px) Image search: [Google]
syuashv.png
2MB, 972x1312px
>>29511440

>you can't help but wonder...
>maybe it would be best to look first and see whether it is even worth notifying the others?
>you decide to provide some input to the situation
“You know, maybe we should take a quick look before anything? I mean, this thing looks like it has been left untouched for a very long time. We can take our time with things there isn't a rush”
>Capricorn nods in agreement with you
>Aquarius scrunches her face up in thought for a brief moment before nodding slowly
>“That makes sense. A quick look isn't going to hurt. Best make sure this isn't a false alarm”
>Gemmy speaks up in a peppy tone
>“That's good thinking Anon”
>Libra nods enthusiastically while undusting the board covering the ground
>the two Gemini ponies locate and open the latches
>the board creeks loudly, Capricorn moves back
>you move over to get a better view of the entrance
>Libra makes an exaggerated gasp
>“Stairs!”
>sure enough, a stair case leads deep into the earth beneath you
>it doesn't look like you have disturbed anything but rather uncovered something...
>the rest of the ponies crowd around the entrance to try to get a look down as the dust finishes clearing
>it looks like you'll have to walk single file, it is a narrow space
>Libra speaks up, her tone oozing with enthusiasm
>“Okay! This is definitely something new, Aquarius I think you are right I should go notify the others”
>Aquarius deadpans at her before blinking slowly and speaking
>“Always so indecisive Libra”
>she shakes her head and Libra scoffs
>Libra looks panicked for a second
>“You will wait for me right?”
>Minny giggles and walks over to Libra
>she embraces her gently
>“Aw, of course”
>Libra looks over at you
>“So Anon, you wanna stay guard here or come with me to notify the others?”
>she blinks at you rapidly, you notice Capricorn bite her lip and look at the ground out of the corner of your eye, but she remains silent

>input
>>
kinda just made an executive move to get the thread moving along here, not sure if this even gives you as the reader more info, but I think it makes the decision less thought intensive.

also this is going to be my meta trip now okay thx
>>
>>29527188
I think I better stay here just in case besides I do not know the castle that well yet I would not be much help in tracking others down.
>>
page 10
>>
>>29527188

It would be very, very sad to reject Libra 3rd time in a row now.

Answer yes, but shape your response in a way that lets Capricorn know that we've chosen her company alone by declining Libra's wishes earlier today, i.e. "Well, I've already said "no" to you today on the same matter, how cruel would I be to say that twice?"

>>29527223

Seems like a good move, honestly.

>inb4 I'm in love with the CoCo

Didn't get to answer >>29524095 before. Since the choices got handled different, taking care of just that last part:

>on a side note would it be helpful to use a meta name or trip? I feel like these posts are pretty distinguishable even when posted as anonymous

They do feel this way. Some QMs run their games without trips and don't seem to run into trouble, yet many others do. It's the issue of troublesome people, assuming the identity of the QM to write non-game posts (i.e. saying when will the next update be) and wreak havoc. They happen occasionally. Some people never run into those, but it's never a nice feeling having that first time. Their numbers seem to have been decreasing, what with the slow, gradual incerease in the acceptance of CYOAs on the board.

Personally, I haven't seen many Anons who'd oppose to the idea of using a tripcode by a QM and I wouldn't object myself either. Would feel safer that way, even.
>>
>>29527188
Go with Libra to notify the others.

Do >>29528407
>Answer yes, but shape your response in a way that lets Capricorn know that we've chosen her company alone by declining Libra's wishes earlier today
while giving Capricorn a reassuring smile.
>>
>>29527188

>you give Capricorn a glance, her eyes twinkle softly
>you give her an acknowledging smile
>she returns it
>you look over to Libra
“I'd hate to turn down your company twice in one day. Let's go try to find the others”
>Libra nods excitedly, Capricorn looks down
>maybe you should have invited her to come along...
>you decide to speak to everyone but especially direct it towards Capricorn
“We will try to be back soon”
>you turn over to Libra who picks up the ball as well as a shard of the marble
>Libra speaks up in an energized tone
>“Alright, let's go then! I know a quick way to get to Earth house from here, we can take that to Water then Fire”
>Aquarius' soft tone seeps into the flow of the conversation
>“No hurry you two, we will wait. It would be a good idea to investigate the surrounding above ground area to see if there are other passages. I am concerned about the tunnel's stability”
>one of the Gemini ponies laughs
>Gemmy speaks up in an amused wavering tone
>“Isn't stability always a concern around here?”
>you briefly think about how heavy rocks are
>Libra begins making her way back closer to the base of the castle
>“Alright! We will be fast!”
>you begin to follow her taking a brief glance over your shoulder as you exit
>the other Air house ponies start to spread out, Capricorn investigates the base of the broken statue
>you make it to Libra's side, she is trotting to the left side of the fields a bit away from how you entered
>you see how this could be disorienting
>>
>>29530425

>“This is gonna be really cool! I hope that there is a lot of area to explore it is always so fresh not knowing what you are going to find”
>Libra maintains a rapid trot forward, it is hard to match her enthusiasm
>you still feel kinda of off and sluggish but the effects are much less noticeable
>it looks like it is about noon
>whatever that means
>you reach the castle way fast
>Libra walks around a small corner within the base
>“There is a door over here”
>the lighting is just right to see the door, if the sun were casting a longer shadow you probably would not be able to notice the door easy
>it opens in front of you as Libra trots in
>huh?
>maybe you just missed her opening it
>you look into the hallway
>this looks familiar
>you took this to the orchard?
>or one that looks very similar
>Libra's hoof-steps echo loudly as you make it further into the castle
>it was definitely a good idea to get some air, things feel a bit more normal
>like a soft weight was lifted off your shoulders
>you keep moving down the hallway
>something sounds off about Libra's hoof-steps
>she slows her pace
>yeah there is definitely another sound
>it is coming from one of the many doors in the hallway
>Libra notices it too you both stay quiet for a second
>“It must be one of the other ponies, we should figure out which door it is”
>you nod and continue further down the hall trying to locate the sound
>you hear a muffled yell and a crash
>>
>>29530437

>Libra looks startled but springs into action flying forward and pressing her ear to the door to your immediate right
>“I think someone is in trouble! This door!”
>before you can stop to consider anything she opens to door, swinging it inward and moving in
>you hesitate but follow, grasping your sword's handle
>you run your finger over the cool blue stone anxiously
>the first thing that you notice is that the ground is covered in shards of glass
>it looks marvelous, dazzling refracting the light
>each and every piece
>different hues of beautiful reds, oranges, pinks
>something incredible
>you look up further and see a pony
>it takes you a moment to put a name to the face
>her cheeks are clearly streaked with tears
>she looks torn apart, frustrated
>her posture is firm and upright
>you make eye contact and are stunned by her soft light blue irises
>you've never seen someone flash so many facial expressions at once
>she goes from hopeless to confused to intrigued before resting on anger
>Libra speaks, her voice is fairly calm
>“Scorpio! Is everything okay? I heard a crash”
>she looks at the shards of glass appearing to notice them for the first time
>Scorpio keeps looking at you, staring into you
>she breaks eye contact to glare at Libra
>her voice is snide, unlevel with a hidden allure
>it could be charming if she wasn't yelling
>“Everything is JUST fucking FINE”
>Libra looks like she is going to interject but Scorpio maintains her assertive voice and takes a step forward into the glass on the ground
>“Now both of you leave. Right b-bucking now”
>she looks directly at you again
>“And don't you dare say a word about this to anyone”
>she postures up slightly but looks down, dejected

>input
>>
>>29530457
I won't say anything without your permission I just wanted to know if you want to come explore a tunnel we discovered.

If something is wrong you really should talk to somebody about it though.
>>
>>29530457

Might wanna say that even though we weren't looking specifically for her, the water house ponies were kinda worried about her.

I believe we should both respect her wishes and be assertive about her problems.

Say that if she expects us to keep quiet about it then she will have to do one of the following:

1. Tell us about the issue, since we've already seen her in this state. Possibly even just Libra, since we don't know her yet.

2. Promise to talk about it with one of her closer friends once she calms down. She looks like she needs help and they'd be glad to provide that, for sure.

Choice being hers.
>>
Wonder what Aquarius's logical approach would be now..
>>
>>29531956
we could pretend...
>>
Almost fell off the board bump
>>
>>29530797
>>29531078

is there anything else that anyone would like to add or going with this? I noticed the thread is getting bumps but not any new input
>>
>>29534315

I'll vote for going with >>29530797 and >>29531078.
>>
>>29534315

Dunno what to add. Could ask, possibly Libra, what the glass was. Probably afterwards. Scorpio got priority.

Was that a stained glass window of sorts. Maybe just look around to see if there ain't anything missing.

Also, pay closer attention to Scorpio's body. Try to check for clues in where the glass might have hurt her. Are her forelegs scratched, maybe? Any indication that she smashed this glass intentionally?
>>
>>29535138
>>
>>29535705
detective zodiac
>>
A nice pony pranced
>>
Got ya off of page 10.
>>
File: scorpio_by_aborrozakale-d7x6gmc.png (170KB, 945x846px) Image search: [Google]
scorpio_by_aborrozakale-d7x6gmc.png
170KB, 945x846px
>>29530457

>once the initial shock of the situation wears off you begin to analyze your surroundings a bit more closely
>you look over Scorpio's coat to see if the glass cut her anywhere
>it doesn't look like it, although she did just step into a pile of it, could be a problem...
>you scan the room, it is mostly bare in here asides from several empty shelves on the opposite side of the room
>you notice that there are absolutely no windows in here either, just several modest wooden doors
>you wonder where the object could have been resting before it broke...
>the more you look at the subtle quiver in Scorpio's posture, the more you are starting to think that something was intentionally broken
>Libra speaks before you have the chance to say anything
>her tone is surprisingly cold, she sounds irritated
>“Jeez, rude, sorry for checking in on you. We will leave”
>she pauses and looks at the glass one more time
>her facial expression drops
>“And breaking things doesn't solve anything”
>Scorpio looks down and paces slightly
>she groans
>you decide to speak
“We weren't looking for you in particular but I know that the other Water house ponies are worried about you”
>you pause and try to add a bit more of an assertive tone to your voice
“I won't say anything without your permission, but if you expect me to stay quiet for long you need to talk to one of us here about the problem, or one of your friends once you calm down. Choice being yours”
>she stops her pace and turns to look you in the eyes
>she takes a step forward
>her voice is venomous
>“Excuse me?”
>>
>>29541746

>she keeps her gaze locked into the center of your eyes as she walks forward with complete disregard for the shards of warm colored glass
>her voice is picking up in potency but you can she is holding back
>“Were you, the guest here at the castle, who has been here for what? All of a day?”
>she pauses and continues to look up at you
>Libra doesn't say anything or move, she just watches Scorpio's hooves as the glass cracks underneath them
>“Trying to imply that you know SHIT about what I should or shouldn't be doing?”
>she stops talking but keeps looking up at you
>she is much smaller than you but you can't help feel a tad bit intimidated
>Scorpio's posture slouches and she smirks at you before speaking in a much more soft and leveled tone
>almost too level for comfort, the change is way too sudden, a complete emotional 180
>“I think it's cute that you are trying to be assertive”
>she blinks at you then turns before speaking again
>“I think I've made my point”
>she begins working her way across the room, it looks like she is just going to leave
>you can't help but admire the intense hue of her Magenta coat as she trots away
>she is about to open one of the wooden doors across the room before Libra speaks up in a loud and fast paced tone
>“When you calm down meet us out by the soccer fields, we found something to explore”
>Scorpio stops and scoffs loudly before looking back at Libra and speaking
>“I'm sorry, do you really think I care about going down there right now?”
>Libra's face falters
>this whole interaction has really left a bitter taste in your mouth, you wonder if you should still go to Earth house immediately after...
>Scorpio is still in the room but it looks like she is about to exit

>input
>>
>>29541766
Let Scorpio go. In her current mood she'll be detrimental to bring along for our investigation, and it's not worth bothering her any further. At least now she has a hint of where we'll be.
>>
why does Scorpio keep everybody at a distance?
we should really get her to open up somehow
>>
>>29541766
I am tempted to remind her part of the reason we were invited was because we could be an inpartial advisor but it is probably a bad idea right now. Let's keep heading to earth house as planned.
>>
>>29541766

Hey!

It's true we know jack shit. But her friends worry about her and if they're too nice to tell her that, then someone has to take a stinger to the face.

Don't be aggressive with this statement. Just so she knows where we're coming from.

Other than that, let her go, i guess.

Might wanna comment to Libra on the border of Scorpio's hearing what an intriguing mare the latter seems to be.

Inspect the glass pieces. Are the shapes of the remainings reminiscent of what we saw in the Fire House? The colorful memory magic jars, that is.
>>
>>29543731 here

On second thought, I guess the first part of what i wrote was kinda addressed already, so not necessarily have to go for that?

Guess the intentions do seem kinda laid out already. Maybe nevermind that.

Hope we get to see her sometime soon.

Even at the cost of being stung again.
>>
The time for fun will be soon.
>>
>>29545482
Soon
>>
>>29547475
tm
>>
>>29548694
thanks
>>
>>29542294
>>29542324
>>29543056
>>29543731
>>29544050

noted all of this! I'm falling asleep as I write this even, so won't be able to update until tomorrow afternoon. thanks for all the bumps I appreciate it

so for the next update, say something to scorpio, let her leave. go to earth house with libra. is there anything you wanna talk with her about along the way or just what has already been stated?
>>
>>29549551
Lets just let her go and continue on with alerting the whole castle.
>>
>>29549551

As the author of >>29543731 and >>29544050, I'd like to repeat that I've had second thoughts regarding the issue of bothering Scorpio with further talk right now.

Could substitute that for saying you'll be looking forward to seeing her again, possibly? Not sure...

As for Libra... how about we ask her opinion on Scorpio? Both regarding the situation now and overall.

Cancer mentioned Scorpio disappears like that every now and then. Was she always like that?

Does Scorpio get along with anyone especially well? Wondering who we could talk to about her.

Also, might wanna mention to Libra what Cancer asked of us - to bring the news about Scorpio if we find her. Let her on the dilemma we are experiencing and have her see why we acted so... forward with our intentions.
>>
She must be challenged in the future.
>>
>>29551657
Scorpio info gathering, huh
>>
>>29557238

Might as well, given how we're gonna be going round the houses anyway.

As in, not saying that in terms of asking everyone. Just needing to fill the time one way or another.

And since we're expected to get things organized before the Princesses come, what better way than to start drilling at what seems to be a valid problem?
>>
>>29541766

>several different thoughts run through your head
>you are immediately tempted to remind her that you are a neutral entity here of sorts
>or that her friends are worrying about her
>but you decide it's best right now to hold your tongue
>best not to get stung...
“Alright, well, I look forward to seeing you again”
>Scorpio stops in the doorway as she opens the door further to reveal the hallway ahead of her
>you make eye contact
>her facial expression softens and her pupils dilate
>her tone loses a little of its venom
>“Thank you Anon, I will see you soon”
>you think you see her wink?
>maybe not, she is turning to leave
>you look over to Libra who looks on edge to say the least...
“She is quite the intriguing mare huh?”
>Libra scoffs and turns to leave the room, going back to the hallway you entered from
>you take a moment to pick up one of the shards of glass and examine it
>it is much thicker than any of the jars from earlier, like this object was almost solid
>you feel different holding the glass, warm
>you watch the colors sparkle across the surface
>there is a depth to them, oranges and greens dazzle and fade within the solid alluring red
>you follow Libra out into the hallways as she speaks up
>“If by intriguing you mean a complete basket case then yeah”
>seems a tad bit harsh but you shrug as you listen to the shallow clip clopping echo of Libra's hoofs while you descend
“So has she always been like that then? Cancer mentioned that she disappears a lot, are there any ponies she gets along with particularly well that I could talk to?”
>Libra continues her trot but makes a hmmm noise
>the doors on either side of the hallway here look remarkably similar
>“Yeah, she has always kinda been like that from what I know of her at least. I don't know much about a lot of the ponies in Water house to be honest. I imagine she gets along with them okay and I used to see her around Taurus sometimes...”
>>
>>29558095

>she pauses and stops as you continue down the hall
>“That's an awful lot of questions Anon ~ I think someone has a crush ~”
>Libra giggles to herself loudly and brushes into you as she continues ahead
>you decide it'd probably be a good idea to key her in on your dilemma
“Well, Cancer... or was it Pisces? Told me to tell let them know if I saw Scorpio. So that's why I was so vocal with my intentions back there. I'm not sure what to do now”
>Libra nods as she stops to investigate a door to your left very closely
>“Hey, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It doesn't seem to be too uncommon...”
>Libra sighs as she continues to look at the door, you come to a complete stop
>“Now I always forget which door it is coming from this way...”
>she opens the door revealing a single spiraling brass staircase that descends downwards beneath the floor
>“Ah ha! This is it”
>this room is so bare, it is just the stairs going down
>Libra quickly flutters over the railing and begins making it downwards
>you quickly lose sight of her and decide to follow
>you look down through the floor into an opening that is very high off the ground
>or at least seemingly that way after just being level with the floor
>it takes you a minute to realize you aren't outside, it is just green below you
>you look carefully as you make it down the stairs and realize that this is Earth house
>you can tell by the white marble walls and observatory doors below
>oh damn, that was fast, nifty short cut for sure
>it doesn't look like anyone is below you
>“Hey!!! Anypony here?”
>Libra yells from the stairs as she continues to trot downwards
>you follow, it is quite dizzying
>you've almost reached ground level by the time that you see Taurus emerge from one of the rooms near the observatories
>you hear him yell across the room in a level and grounded voice
>“Hey Libra! Hey Anon, what brings you guys here?”
>Virgo is nowhere to be seen

>input
>>
self bumping ...
>>
>>29558109
>“Hey Libra! Hey Anon, what brings you guys here?”
Explain to Taurus what's happened and ask if he'll join us. Don't directly state what transpired during our encounter with Scorpio unless Libra mentions it first. Do drop a few hints that Scorpio acted slightly unusual when we met her.
>>
>>29558109
We discovered a trapdoor out in the fields and are seeing who wants to come exploring.
>>
Just a player here.
Too tired to write now, hoping to do so in the morning.
Worried that the thread could go down before that, especially after this: >>29559233.
Just one voice here, but I enjoy it greatly. Please don't be discouraged, QM.
>>
>>29558109
We're gonna explore.
>>
>>29559443 - this seems wise.

>>29561073 writing now. Nice to see this thread ain't down yet.

>>29558109

Tauros! Just the pony for the job. We could really use a strong fellow like him for the exploration of the underground. Obstacles happen often in such places. That is assuming he's confident that the most grounded house is up for giving the underground(ed) a chance too. That being said, not really sure what they meant by saying that the earth house is the most grouded of all the houses. So far, from what we've both seen and been told, it's mostly connected with being honest, straight-forward, possibly enjoying of simple pasttimes, like what Virgo presented with gardening so far. What does Tauros think of it? Would he add anything? Might ask on the way, I guess, if he's willing to accompany us, as we're yet to visit the two remaining houses.

On a side note, we are just back from playing divegrass with Capricorn and the others. In case the trip underground turns out to be a short one, maybe he could be interested in joining that as well?

Also, ask the Zodiacs if they ever tried to pool their knowledge and make a map of the castle. Could come in handy, given how many of them seem to grasp only bits and pieces and use paths discovered by them only. Could help out both in the exploration department and in letting other guests potentially orientate themselves i this maze on their own. Especially since some more are coming for the Ball.
>>
>>29558109

>you continue to make your way down the remainder of the stairs as Taurus begins a steady walk towards the two of you
“Well if it isn't the pony for the job”
>Taurus looks confused for a second
>“What job exactly?”
>you open your mouth to speak but before you can fully form your thoughts Libra interrupts
>“We discovered a trapdoor out in the fields and are seeing who wants to come exploring!”
>she flutters up into the air excitedly
>you decide to add on to her description
“Yeah, we were out by the soccer fields with Capricorn and the rest of Air house when Libra here stumbled upon an underground passage. We are looking to gather up whoever is interested in helping”
>you pause for a moment
“Sure your strength could come in useful”
>he nods and gives you a friendly and hardy laugh before
>“Yeah definitely count me in, I'm always in for a good exploration project”
>cool
>Taurus speaks up again, seeming to direct more of his attention to Libra
>“Uh, so where are we going next then?”
>Libra pauses she looks torn between flying off in two different directions
>“Well, I was thinking Water house first, then we could go to Fire... No! Wait, it would make sense to go Fire then Water”
>Taurus just gives her a confused look
>you are about to say something when Libra speaks again
>“No wait, definitely Water house first. It's much closer”
>damn indecisive pone
>you decide to make things a bit more clear
“Do you want to walk with us Taurus or have us meet you once we've gathered other ponies?”
>Taurus thinking for a moment but answers decisively
>“I'll walk along with you guys, I don't mind at all”
>Libra clops her hooves together excitedly and begins a quick trot towards the exit
>you and Taurus follow
>>
>>29566013

>this walk is starting to feel more and more familiar
>you remembered how wondrous it was the first time you went down this pathway to Earth house with the castle all illuminated by its own magical ambience
>you watch the plant life at your feet become more and more sparse as you make it further down the hallway
> you pass the desk covered in notepads
>to begin the descent to Water house again
>it feels like so long ago since you were in the water, even though it's only been a few hours...?
>you don't really wanna think about time
>things are finely starting to seem normal
>you decide to try to make some conversation as you start to make it down the stairs leading to the isolated hallway
“So I've heard the Earth house is a very grounded house... I'm not quite sure I understand what that means. Everyone here seems very stable, well, except maybe Scorpio but I've only got to see her once so far...”
>you kinda trail off at the end not sure how much detail would be considered invasive
>Taurus looks down at the ground
>your glance follows, you reach the bottom of the spiraling stairs to touch foot on the polished stone of the hallway leading to Water house
>the sound of water is becoming present, you look at the aqueducts running along either side of the hallways around you
>you decide to conclude your thought a little better
“I guess what I'm asking is, what does it means to you to be part of Earth house? Maybe you could shed a little light on that?”
>Libra is listening attentively as you make it to the heavy door ahead
>Taurus looks pensive but he speaks in a steady voice
>“Well, the way I view it is that we see things from ground level. Both me, Virgo and Capricorn are all fairly direct ponies. We face things head on, we don't over analyze or under analyze things. Present a problem to ponies from Air house and they might focus too largely on the bigger picture, or with Water house they might get caught up in the details...”
>>
>>29566142

>Libra scoffs
>“Seems like a generalization to me, and you know those are always accurate”
>Taurus laughs and knocks on the door ahead of you loudly
>“See? That type of abstract and conceptualized thinking of yours proves my point exactly oh lofty Libra”
>Libra scoffs again more loudly
>Taurus laughs and speaks again
>“Sometimes though it would be nice to be a bit more detail oriented I must admit”
>you are about to say something but the door in front of you swings open
>Cancer is in the door-frame, she looks cheery
>her face drops at the sight of the crowd in front of the house entrance
>“Back again already! Oh no! Is everything okay Anon?”
>she looks worried
>“The water wasn't too intense was it?”
>it takes you a moment to gather yourself but you try to quickly explain
“Yes everything is okay! Don't worry. We just found an underground passage and are looking for other ponies who want to explore”
>Cancer's face picks up a little
>“O-oh okay. We were just busy going through some documents, do you want to come in?”
>Libra looks impatient, Taurus looks completely neutral, but alert

>input
>>
>>29566207
Are there a lot of them? Looking for anything specific? If so we can help find whatever you're looking for. If not then we can just come back later since we have more ponies to look for.
>>
>>29566207
Graciously accept the invitation
It won't hurt to stop for a moment and explain things properly
>>
>>29566207
What sort of documents.
>>
>>29569082
>>
>>29566207
Be nice to sound them out even if we need to hurry
>>
>>29566013

>filename

Yeah, guess Tauros could use some more love.
>>
>>29574222
His only pornography is a genderbend.
>>
In case more input is needed, gonna get to it after waking up.
>>
File: thumbnail pisces.png (196KB, 1280x706px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail pisces.png
196KB, 1280x706px
>>29566207

>you figure that there is no real rush to get back to the fields
>hopefully the others aren't just sitting there waiting...
“Yeah, that sounds nice. What kind of documents did you find? Looking for something specific?”
>Cancer's body language warms up a tad bit and she giggles
>“You'll have to ask Pisces about them, I'm more just sitting back and watching. I think she is looking for answers”
>she holds back another fit of giggles
>Taurus narrows his brow, you and Libra walk into Water house side by side
>the four of you make it into the large common area as you are once again greeted by the roaring sound of the waterfall
>you look across the rainbow tiles of the water below you
>there is much more tension across the surface, it seems that the waterfall is cascading with more force, creating a series of bubbles that distorts the view of the abstract pattern work
>Cancer leads the three of you back to the lounge that you went to with Capricorn
>you look over to Taurus and Libra as they also admire the water beneath you
>you turn the corner and are greeted by the sight of a very disgruntled Pisces
>she is positioned right by the aquarium and is completely surrounded by about medium sized pieces of paper
>she looks frustrated, moving and rearranging piles of squares with no particular order
>there look to be at least a hundred of them if not more
>Libra speaks in a loud and bubbly tone, Pisces doesn't bother to look up
>“Oh! What'd ya find Pisces?”
>Pisces just continues to order the cards and remains silent for an almost uncomfortable amount of time
>finally she speaks softly
>“Uh, I don't know”
>well that doesn't give you much information
>Cancer takes the seat next to Pisces, Taurus remains silent
>you decide to walk closer to get a better view of the squares
>okay these look weird
>they are just small glossy pieces of white card-stock
>each piece contains a single thick black letter in a bold font
>>
>>29578584

>Pisces picks up a stack of papers and begins to sort through it
>“This is so stupid, why would anyone take the time to make this?”
>she buries her head in her hooves for a brief moment
>Cancer hugs her softly and giggles
>“Try not to get so worked up about it, we'll figure this all out”
>you look away for a moment and take note of the brightly colored fish next to her swimming back and forth slowly across the aquarium
>Pisces scoffs while repositioning herself
>she stops sorting and groans
>“Ugh! And why is this one blank? This just doesn't make any sense”
>she sets down the pile of paper squares in her hooves and massages her temples
>Cancer speaks up in a nurturing tone as Libra and Taurus find a seat on a couch a tad bit of to the side
> “Aw, I know you were happy to get into that box but maybe it is time for a break. You haven't even said hi to Anon yet Pisces”
>Pisces look at Cancer, then to you
>her eyes twinkle for a brief moment but she quickly looks down at the floor and doesn't say anything
>you take another look over the 'documents'
>you can see how this would raise a lot of questions...
>you take a moment to consider your next course of action

>input
>>
>hopefully the others aren't just sitting there waiting...
Whatever our next actions is, we shouldn't linger for too long.

>>29578594
Observe Pisces for a bit. Maybe we can determine what she's doing without breaking her concentration.
>>
>>29578594
Suggest she come with us to do something else useful that will let her take a break from this.
>>
>>29578594

Ask where did Pisces get those from anyway. Maybe that'll offer some clues.

Seem kinda reminiscent of old printing machines slot-ins, with the blank being required as to make space between words.

Also, this - >>29579830 - having a break lets your subconsious work, so you can see things later on from a new perspective. From the looks of it, Pisces has been at it for a long time now and given her mood, could definitely use a break.
>>
>>29579830
I should clarify don't imply the cards are not useful just make it clear we are taking her from one useful task to another. Otherwise she might feel she should not go because she has useful studys to do
>>
bumping, will write after class
>>
>>29582004
>>
>>29582004

"Class" or was it meant to be "classes"?
>>
Bump for there are no pictures of tauruses penis.
>>
>>29584074

I was halfway to posting one, when I realized it was spelled Taurus and not Tauros.

Oh well.
>>
>>29584310
No please post it anon he is so lonely wothout any none genderbemd porn.
>>
Bemp
>>
>>29578594

>you continue to just observe Pisces
>she rearranges a couple squares as if trying to spell out something with the various letters
>you don't want to do anything too sudden that would break her concentration
>Cancer leans forward a bit to watch her as well
>Pisces looks away from the cards, she seems a bit overwhelmed maybe?
>you decide to break the silence
“So where did you find the cards anyways?”
>maybe that can offer some additional clues
>Pisces makes brief eye contact with you before looking over to the aquarium as she speaks
>you watch her eyes follow the fish's motions across the tank
>“It was this small wooden box that I found in my observatory a while back. Sealed with some kind of magically enchantment or something...”
>she pauses and continues to look down and shuffle the cards around, stacking them, rotating them as if searching
>“Finally got through the thing, thought I was going to find something really important and instead just these cards”
>>
>>29586034

>Cancer giggles in the background
>“The box has really had it out for you from the start”
>you are taking note of how quiet Libra is being, she looks to be intrigued by the puzzle in front of her
>Taurus has gotten up and started pacing around the room a bit, investigating the walls and shelves more closely
>you really should consider getting a move on
“Hey, the cards do seem important, but sometimes it can be useful to take a break from a task like this and come back to it with fresh eyes. Re-engage the subconscious and stuff”
>Libra nods from the couch
“Yeah! Both of you should come help us with some useful explore! We found something really cool outside!”
>Pisces looks at Libra hesitatingly then bites her bottom lip and looks down at the cards
>Cancer is the first to speak up
>“I don't know... Could be fun, but I'm afraid to leave Crabbers here behind...”
>you don't notice the small red crab immediately, it takes you a second to see it rested on the back of the couch behind Cancer's head
>Pisces replies shortly after
>“Yeah... I don't think I really want to do that. I don't know...”
>she looks down at the ground then back to the cards and sighs
>poor girl really should take a break though
>you debate whether or not you should try to convince them to come along or if it'd be better to have them stay behind
>or maybe even convince just one of them?
>you try to think if there is something else helpful that could be done or if there is anything else that you should bring up before you leave...

>input
>>
meta posting

sorry if this has been moving slow lately, I've been a bit lazy this week. once we get to the part with the underground exploring I figured it might be cool if I set aside a certain time to run that part of the quest. maybe make the text updates a little shorter and try to get a few players together and run through several updates in one sitting. not sure how that would work, the text document for this question is almost 100 pages, I feel like I'm getting to the point where I can write and develop ideas more quickly. figured I'd just take a second to gauge general interest, see if people have questions comments or concerns
>>
>>29586043
ask if there is anything on the back side of the cards
or just filp a few cards and look for yourself
>>
>>29586043
Ask how she got it open without breaking the no magic rule, In fact isn't the whole point of that rule to keep all the magic intact and unchanged I would have expected breaking a magic lock against that.

If they do not want to come do not force it but tell pisces she really should take a break.

Move onto the next house.
>>
>>29586061
That could work but the inportant thing is to do what works for you.
>>
>>29586043

Offer a counterproposal.

If they're unsure about giving the exploration a try, how about they accompany us to the fire house and think about it in the meantime. Pretty sure the liveliness of the fire house will be a strong enough factor to either convince them or discourage them.

Regardless of the outcome, Pisces will get at least a short break from the task. Cancer won't have to worry about leaving Crabbers behind too, as it'll still be within the castle grounds.

Also, with how many of the Zodiacs we are gathering we could ask around for opinions/participation later on and see if pooling our knowledge could help with the task of solving Pisces' card dilemma.

>>29586600

Checked and agreed, at least as far as the two last lines are concerned.

Let us head for the fiery domain.
>>
>>29586061

Regarding this issue... while it's an enticing proposal, it's a little worrisome. I'm getting the feeling that this thread, despite how cozy it is, isn't having too many people regularly. I'm afraid that it might be a bust, unless the date of such an event, including day, hour and timezone are mentioned beforehand, for people to prepare themselves for it and declare their willingness for participation.

Just read what I wrote... sure is Aquarius in here.
>>
>>29586043

>several thoughts go through your mind but the most relevant is that you should get over to Fire house and gather everyone else who is around
>you look quickly across the room, scanning your surroundings
>you really are starting to get a lot of ponies together for this...
“Well, I think that Libra, Taurus and I are going to walk over to Fire house and see who is there. If you guys want to join us for the walk, it could give you both some time to think about exploring. Pisces, I really do think you should take a break for a bit too”
>Cancer nods immediately
>“Oh! Yeah that sounds good for sure, I could stand to leave Water house sometime today...”
>Pisces looks down at the ground again
>she doesn't say anything right away, you decide to reach out and pick up one of the squares in the meantime
>you grab a square that has an “S” on it
>it seems like most of the letters and random, you see a lot of Qs and Ls
>you flip over the card, the reverse side of the cardstock is exactly the same
>Pisces finally opens up in a meek tone
>“I-I'm okay with walking for a minute”
>Libra clops her hooves together and leaps off the couch
>“Well alright! We got a nice group of ponies together now, let's get over to Fire house”
>Taurus nods steadily and begins to make it out of the room
>it's funny how much more quiet he has gotten since coming here
>you continue to watch his eyes scanning over the features of the lounge, then gaze back out over the balcony to the waterfall
>what now definitely feels like a crowd of you make it out of the Water house lounge and back onto the balcony
>Libra is taking the lead, while Taurus and Cancer follow closely behind
>you and Pisces remain towards the back
>you see her glance anxiously back
>you take one more look at the water before making out of the house into the sterile hallway ahead
>the echo of many hooves resonates throughout the hallway as your crowd of five starts to ascend up the stairs
>>
>>29588139

>you take a glance at Pisces, she has a blank expression on her face
>you decide to maybe try to make some more conversation as you make it up the stairs
“So uh, I was told we aren't to use magic in the castle? How did you get the box open?”
>Pisces doesn't say anything as she continues forwards at a slowed pace
>she stumbles for a second then looks up at you
>“Oh! That right... I tried breaking it up with magic a couple times outside of the castle, but the magic just reflected off of it”
>she stops talking as you make it to the top of the stairs and into the hallway leading back to the ballroom
>“I had all but given up, but today I found a key in my observatory...”
>she sighs as you continue forward
>“Truly classic”
>you can't help but laugh a little bit
>the five of you make into the ballroom
>it looks a tad bit brighter in here now, probably because the sun isn't angled directly overhead anymore
>you hear Libra speak up from the front of the crowd
> This is gonna be really awesome, it's been a while since I've gotten to explore with sooo many of my favorite ponies”
>Cancer nods, you notice that her pet crab is positioned on her upper back as she walks
>“I'm just a bit frightened of things underground... who else is gonna be there?”
>Libra stops to count to herself for a second
>“Well, us here, then Gemmy, Minny, Aquarius and Capricorn are all waiting for us”
>Taurus nods and speaks
>“Plus whoever we find in Fire house, this really is a gathering”
>you focus ahead while you look over the railing, down to the ballroom beneath you
>Cancer speaks up again
>“I haven't been to Fire house in a while, this is gonna be interesting!”
>you turn left down the hallway as you reach the top of the stairs, once again admiring the blood red carpeted and eerily dark stonework
>it feels so different being here with a group instead of just Capricorn...
>you can see the circular room in front of Fire house ahead
>>
>>29588151

>Libra continues to trot forward eagerly into the room, right through forward to the door straight ahead
>you've been so fixated on the conversation ahead of you, you finally catch up to the group proper
>Fire house is quiet
>there isn't much energy, just a steadily roaring fire
>dancing, flickering
>the colors seem a bit more normal than when you first observed it, it look like an average, well, large but regular fire
>you scan the room, turning around to see who is here
>none of the Fire house ponies are here, or at least in this part of the house...
>wait how come you only count three other ponies here?
>yep, it is just you, Libra, Taurus and Cancer
>you look back into the circular room, Pisces is nowhere to be seen
>Cancer looks around the room and seems to notice the same thing
>she speaks up in an “oh well” type of tone
>“Oh, of course Pisces... Jeez! That pony needs to learn to start telling other ponies when she leaves”
>Taurus says nothing as he scans the room, appearing to trace his gaze around the walls of the room
>Libra scoffs
>“She does this kind of thing all the time doesn't she?”
>Cancer just nods as she sits down on her haunches for a moment
>her crab works its way to the top of her head
>you wonder if it is worth it to stop and check the rest of Fire house or look for Pisces
>maybe you should just head down to the fields with the ponies here?
>you still don't know if Cancer is up for coming along...

>input
>>
>>
>>29587599
>>29587381

yeah definitely this stuff. I feel like there are a significant amount of people here but the trick is encouraging readers to play more. most of the blocks of writing that I post are fairly long and detail focused, I haven't reread a lot of what I have wrote but I imagine it to be fairly difficult to skim.

for any lurkers / readers here, is there something that would make providing input to the story easier? I don't expect many people lurking to respond, but I'm personally thinking that strawpolls would be a good way to run the fast paced sessions. people could of course provide written input in the thread as always, but there would also be a low intensity input option that would give me a better idea of who is actually reading.

active players, what times do you think would be the best for a rapid session if that were to happen in the future? I guess I can go back and analyze thread traffic and stuff too. it might be a while before I can get the logistics worked out but I think the end result could provide for a more entertaining and immersing reading experience... theoretically

this is basically a long bump
>>
if you want "fast-paced" the easiest way is first reply
but that opens the game/story to a lot of problems
strawpoll is rather slow unless you have an already active playerbase and they are willing to use an external site and have limited options, it also comes with a set of problems
you could try using a messenger program but that effectively removes the game from the board and you will inevitably lose players
>>
>>29588159
I think it is important we find everybody and make the offer of exploration.
Tell the others to split up and find them.
>>
>>29589608
I will write up what times I am available later.
>>
>>29586061
it's okay for me so far
>>
>>29590659
good night, then
>>
wanted to make a longer reply but sth is wrong with my pc so just bumping from mobile till it gets resolved
>>
lol this board is dead.
>>
>>29589985

Well, this is the only input I've gotten. Not sure if there was something about this prompt in particular or if activity is just starting to level out. Can't write for a bit anyways, when I get back if this is still the only story input I'll write it
>>
>>29595817

lol no
>>
>>29597032
It's not just this quest several cyoas have had fuck all activity the last few days and I have no fucking idea why.
>>
>>29594652

Test post.
>>
>>29597903

Ok, I believe I've gotten a clue about the reason. Should be good for posting.

>>29588159
>>29597032

This trait of Pisces is very worrisome, especially for when heading in an unexplored underground area. If we lose track of her there, that's gonna bring one hell of a headache.

She seemed not to be convinced about the whole deal. Being the quiet pony she is, does Cancer think that disappearance may've been her non-verbal way of expression she doesn't wish to come?

I propose we write and leave a note in the fire house if we don't find anyone. Admittedly, yeah, that is already quite a gathering. Do knock at their door though.

Ask Cancer about how she feels regarding going. She mentioned feeling uncertain about leaving her Crab behind... why wouldn't she take it with her just as she does around the castle?

Or is it not her crab, but Pisces that she is worried about.

I think I'm starting to worry about that unicorn, honestly.

When was the last time anyone saw her? We were talking with her just a minute ago...

>>29589608

In terms of days, obviously weekends. In terms of hours - if you want a safe bet, I'd recommend trying when it's midday to evening in Europe, meaning morning to midday in America. This way, covering both these areas.
>>
Wondering whether Pisces had some kinda realization and bolted back to the water house... would've she been vocal about that if she did?
>>
Still waiting for input, it seems?

Gosh, we sure seem to have few players.
>>
>>29601789

no worries, this is plenty to work with. I've just been being lazy today, I'll get to it soon.
>>
>>29588159

>this is somewhat concerning
>you turn to Cancer to try to figure out more about what Pisces' motives could have been
“So do you think she just didn't want to come and this was her way of saying no? I know she is quiet”
>you are caught up looking into the fire again
>it really does heat the room, but it feels much cooler in here than before for whatever reason
>Cancer nods and then speaks up
>“Yeah, that seems most likely. She leaves without saying anything pretty often... I wouldn't worry about her too much”
>you nod as the fire starts to put you back into a bit of a trance
“I think we should split up and look around Fire house to see if we find anyone”
>Libra and Taurus nod in sync
>Cancer looks hesitant for a moment
“I'm not sure if you want to come along or not Cancer, either way is fine. You can go back to Water house if you want”
>she bites her lip for a second and looks down
>“No, I think I'll be okay. I do wanna to come along and see everyone I just... I don't like tunnels. Being underground is scary”
>Libra makes an “aww” noise before she speaks up
>“We'll all be here with ya, nothing bad is gonna happen promise!”
>she flutters over to Cancer and gives her a reassuring hug, which she affectionately returns
>you nod in understanding
“Okay, well, we should try to find the fire ponies, I'm sure they would like an invitation as well”
>you consider what you know of the lay out of Fire house, it isn't much
“I'll check the lounge downstairs on the other side of the room, someone should knock on the observatory doors and check the kitchen too”
>Cancer nods before speaking
>“Uh, okay sure! Crabbers and I can go check the kitchen”
>Libra and Taurus exchange a look before Libra speaks
>“Why don't you check the observatories and I will scan the higher up parts of the house?”
>Taurus nods in agreement
>you watch his horns move up and down
>you almost forgot about them
>>
File: graygraygray.png (347KB, 781x621px) Image search: [Google]
graygraygray.png
347KB, 781x621px
>>29602886

>they seem to have a different shape, color and texture than Capricorn's and Arie's
>you just now realize that you don't even know where the observatories are in the Fire house...
>it's funny how immediately apparent they are in the Earth and Air houses, but now that you think back you don't remember seeing the doors in Water or Fire house
>you decide to break the silence and conclude
>everyone has already started to scatter apart
“Alright great, we will all meet back here soon then”
>there is a quiet consensus
>you look back at the Libra, Taurus and Cancer one more time and start to make it across the room closer to the fire
>you make a note to pass the intense heat rather quickly
>you start to make it back downstairs to the lounge
>such an interesting room really
>you can already see some of the colors turning softly as you descend further
>you make it into the room and are once again stunned by the amount of jars and the intensity of some of the fire
>each spark of color projecting forward to meet your eyes
>it is much less overwhelming, the air is quiet
>it doesn't seem like there is anypony down here, no one on the couches at least
>there are a couple areas that connect to this room that you are not familiar with though
>you turn to face the doorway to your right
>oh, there is a pony in the doorway, perfect!
>your brain and heart skip a beat at the same time
>...that isn't one of the Zodiac
>you can't catch your breath, it takes a moment for you to feel the pounding in your chest
>you are staring into a pair of gray eyes
>she steps forward silently, approaching you steadily
>no hoofsteps
>this does not feel right
>you hear the sound of a soft and sincere voice in the back of your mind
>“You really are quiet the careless type aren't you?”

>input
>>
>>29601789
We have like 3-4 that is standard these days.
>>
>>29602892
Put our hand on the hilt of our blade but do not draw it yet.
Who are you and more importantly what are you doing here.
>>
>>29602892
>no hoofsteps
>this does not feel right
>you hear the sound of a soft and sincere voice in the back of your mind
Sounds like an illusion. Concentrate on the voice and the eyes. Brace our mind against any magical influence.
>>
>>29602892
>no hoofsteps
Ghostie? Or imagination?
Touch to find out
>>
>Went to sleep in the middle of the day
>Wake up to see page 10

Wew lad.
Bumping with the promise of providing some more input soon.
>>
>>29608663
>>29602892

Woah, that's the mare from the memory that we've witnessed the last time we were here!

At least looks and feels the same... is that another memory? The surrounding didn't change the way it did when we broke the jar... or is it a memory from exactly the same place? Though we'd probably feel the weird time dilation we experienced when it happened. Hence I believe it's not likely. This is happening! At least it looks that way.

I say we should respond... maybe saying that, hey, she is sorta right - we did come alone to this castle, having a really spooky reputation in the first place.

Not without reason, it seems.

Play along while you don't know her intentions. Wouldn't hurt to tell your name and ask what she might need of us.

Also, remember that line she said?

>“Steps ahead only count if time is linear"

Ask -when- did she come from, maybe?

Possibly later on though, if the situation dictates it. If she was just hiding in an unexplored part of the castle and isn't some kinda magical time traveler, then this question doesn't seem wise, but dumb instead.
>>
>>29602892

>after the initial shock of the situation wears off you immediately brace yourself
>must be some sort of illusion or something, you try to prepare mentally for what could be thrown at you
>you watch as she makes it close to you, her dress moving along without rippling in anyway
>the gems radiant a foggy light, nothing close to the stunning refracting ability in the memory
>you place your hand on the hilt of your sword
>it seems to be the mare from the memory!
>you don't want to be caught off guard...
“Who are you and more importantly what are you doing here?”
>you hold you hand on your sword careful not to draw too much attention to it
>her facial expression falters, she stops right in front of you
>you are attempted to reach out and touch her to see if she is some kind of ghostie
>her voice takes on a more dreary note
>her mouth isn't moving, you realize that she isn't making any sound at all
>“Would it be rude to say that I do not know?”
>she looks down and sighs
>she doesn't appear to be much of a threat, you gently brush your hand over her
>definitely isn't there
>maybe a slightly warm feeling, but you think it is more your mind trying to process the stimuli around you
“Well, I am Anonymous. I guess you are kind of right, I did come here despite the spooky reputation”
>>
>>29611091

>her facial expression picks up
>“It is nice to meet you Anonymous! It's been a long time since I've met someone!”
>you nod and think of what else to add
“Do you know when you are from? Is there anything you need?”
>she narrows her gaze in thought, it looks like she is reflecting on something
>she speaks slowly
>“Those are very sophisticated questions thank you... I'm afraid I don't know when I am from either, but not...”
>she pauses and stares off before continuing
>“I'm not from this time”
>she turns and faces you more directly
>her face flashes a look of intense worry
>fear...
>“I don't know why this is happening, I can barely remember anything, I'm sorry I can't be more helpful!”
>she tries to catch her breath, but it looks like the breathing motions are purely instinctual
>“I'm so disoriented I don't know how I got here”
>her eyes scan across the room, fixating on the flames around you that both illuminating the scene
>she looks down, hiding her eyes
>“I-I'm... I'm not alive am I?”
>she doesn't move
>her gaze cast downward, she looks on the verge of breaking

>input
>>
>>29611104
Maybe not but that does not mean you cannot be happy. how would you like to come help us explore a tunnel we found.
>>
>>29612164
>>
>>29608663

Literall this again. Getting to write as soon as i get my bearings.
>>
>>29613831

Later than expected, but nonetheless:

>>29611104

That escalated quickly.

Alright, firstly, ask her to calm down. For what we know, this castle is full of magic, especially time magic, so there's a great variety of reason why she would be here as she is right now. She's immaterial for us, but that does not necessarily mean she's not alive. Unless... did she remember something pointing to that effect?

I'm getting a hunch she might be very much alive, if just not here and not now, if that makes sense. As if she were a time-travelling reflection of subconscious and simply needed to find herself.

That or... she might even be here now for a reason. What if, despite not remembering herself right now, she could learn something here and make use of it once she returns to her time.
Sometimes, it's a good thing to clear one's mind. It helps to see things from a different perspective. Maybe she needed that and decided for it purposefully? If that were the case, how about we try and help her find her purpose here together?

Regardless, how about we sit down and talk for a while? She seems like a nice mare. Why did she think we're a careless one though? She must have had some kinda memory to come to that conclusion. Let her focus and try to remember. Perhaps it's a momentary mind haze.

Let her think on the leads she's provided a moment ago. It's been a while since she's met anyone else. What does she remember of her other meetings? What was it that she did in the meatime?
>>
>>29614728

One more piece of input.

How about her Cutie Mark? Maybe that'll bring some insight on the matter.
>>
>>29597058
>>29603043

Huh. Yeah, wonder what's the reason for it..
>>
too tired will write in the morning hopefully. thank you players
>>
>>29618113

Thanks for braving on, despite the low number of players.
>>
>>29618828
Not that low for a cyoa these days.
>>
>>29611104

>a series of different ideas and questions race through your head but the first priority is making sure she calms down
“Hey, it's gonna be alright just try to relax”
>she takes a couple more quick exaggerated breath, it doesn't look like that was very helpful
>her tone takes on an edge
>“I'd like to see you try to relax in my position!”
>she huffs, but her breathing seems to level slowly
>you shrug
“Fair enough, but this castle is full of magic, especially time magic. There are plenty of reasons for why you could be here right now”
>her eyes go wide
>“Castle?
>she looks around the room
>“When did I...?”
>her searching becomes more frantic
>“Oh no, oh no, that word gives me a bad feeling”
>she backs up a bit
>you try to comfort her further
“Well, I guess just try to go with things for a second, maybe there is something that you can learn... I don't know, seems to me like you can still be happy either way, maybe we should sit down and talk”
>she drops her shoulders and sighs before meeting your gaze again
>you try to give her a reassuring smile but she just stares past you slightly
>her posture slouches, it looks like she is having trouble holding herself up
>her voice is dreary
>“It feels like I am falling asleep now”
>her tone of concern is gone
>you try to lead her over to one of the couches as you take a seat, but she just stays low to the ground in place
>you ponder, looking for something to say that could help orient her better
“Do you know what your cutie mark is?”
>>
>>29620665

>she throws you a glare and huffs
>“Awfully rude, asking a mare about her cutie mark”
>not quite the response you were expecting, that doesn't give you a whole lot to work with
“Well, can you remember the last time you met someone? You said it has been a while”
>she shakes her head no
>“Only the ponies I've seen in your memories”
>you start to nod understandingly but freeze as you process her words more carefully
>wait?
>you start to ask further but she collapses in front of you
>she is fading rapidly, you watch her white coat grow paler and paler
>her aura becomes lighter as she falls apart visually, her dark gray mane becoming a light ash tone
>for a second there is a look of shock that flash across her face, but it is followed shortly by a tired look of acceptance to the fate of gradually decaying
>her light is beautiful
>it looks like she is trying to say something
>struggling to get the words out
>she speaks up in a surprisingly audible tone that resonates only within your head
>one soft crisp word, her voice unwavering
>“Danger”
>the room is empty, nothing but twinkling flames
>the silence is brief
>you hear heavy steps stampeding down the stairs, steadily rising in intensity and volume coming towards you

>input
>>
dead thread ripip
>>
>>29620671
Draw your blade and turn to fave whatever is approching.
>>
>>29620671
>>29621575

>you turn to face the stairs that lead back up to the common area
>you instinctively draw your blade
>it has a gleam to it in the air
>you see a silhouette making it down the stairs
>horns...
>“Hey Anon is that you? I thought I heard talking down here”
>Taurus comes fully into your view as he enters the lounge area
>“Libra said she went up to the roof and saw that all of Fire house was already down on the fields”
>he pauses, then stops in his tracks
>his eyes glance to your sword nervously
>he takes a few steps back cautiously
>“Uhh, we're cool right?”

>input
>>
>>29621653
Appologise and tell him a ghost warned you of danger so you were just being cautious.
>>
>>29621668
Oh also sheath your blade.
>>
>>29621668

I'd argue that maybe saying that about a ghost might not be the best idea. We're not even sure it was a ghost.

Apologize, yes. Sheathe your sword as well. That ain't the best start of relationship with Taurus right there.

Confess that you just had a very bad and very weird experience and we need someone rational to talk to right now. Like Aquarius. That or someone who knows stuff about magic. Like Pisces.

Cause, geeze, that... that was freightening.
Yeah, i believe admitting that we might have been scared is a good idea. Don't wanna look like a paranoid, it's just that this situation was... so off.
>>
>>29621659
>>29621668

>>29622008 here

On second thought... how about we describe to Taurus in detail what just happened.

No need to be mysterious about it. Reckon that, being from the earth house, Taurus could reason with us, acting this weird if he had the same thing happen in front of him.

Also, check the room for memory jar shards. Just in case. Ask Taurus for help, possibly. Make sure it wasn't connected with that. The place where it happened makes it kinda suspicious. Gonna have to ask fire house ponies about it later.

Gosh, wonder if that's the same thing that happened to Scorpio to leave her in that state... don't mention that last part to Taurus though.
>>
>>29622008

> someone rational to talk to right now. Like Aquarius.

Ok, using the words "rational" is a bad idea; Taurus might take offence, as it would imply he ain't rational as well..

"Logical" would be a more suitable term, now that I think about it.
>>
Anyone else think the "danger" mentioned by the ghost is not Tauros, but either something from the uderground that we opened a passage to or something she had observed from in-between the realms whe shifting between them? Assuming that's the case, at least.

Gosh, that whole encounter was sad.
Also, fast. Didn't even get to cover stuff properly... or even explain how the customs might have been differing, as to show we've gotten off on the wrong foot/hoof.
Eh. Gonna have to live with it.

Also, admittedly, when the first lines about her voice and the wise revealed, kinda thought it might have been wraith form Pisces... ehheh.

Hope the "danger" ain't connected with her sudden disappearance.
>>
File: zodiac symbols.png (484KB, 1419x1051px) Image search: [Google]
zodiac symbols.png
484KB, 1419x1051px
>>29621668
>>29622070
>>29622495
>>29623251

thanks for all the input! I'm going to get to this sometime tomorrow. the next update will like be meeting up with everyone, so topics for walking and talking would be helpful for writing purposes

also: >>29623657

I'm slightly interested to see how constraining choices would play out. I've avoided it thus far because honestly I've been writing off the top of my head based off of thread advice for the entire cyoa. multiple choices might be a tad bit more work for me, but if it gets other posters involved I'd be about it, especially if the loyal players still provide solid input like above.

so I guess for this prompt the options would look something like

- tell taurus about the encounter briefly
- talk about it in detail
- brush it off as nothing / being nervous

and then any additional details that you'd like added like picking up jar pieces in this case mention them and I can try to fit them into the update? let me know what you think! or just tell me your zodiac sign or something if you are looking for a creative way to bump
>>
>>29511418
this is about the serial killer right?
>>
>>29624089
what a silly question
of course it is
>>
>>29623251
>either something from the uderground that we opened a passage to or something she had observed from in-between the realms whe shifting between them
Probably yeah
>>
>>29623945
>I'm slightly interested to see how constraining choices would play out
Terribly.
It is fine to give a few ideas but it should always be clear they are just suggestions you do not have to pick one of them.

As for bringing in new players my first thought is it will not but on the other hand when the popular choice is unclear and a strawpoll is used to determine exactly how many are in favor of what they often get more votes then most prompts do so it might work.
>>
>>29625129
Then most prompts get replies that is.
>>
bump from mobile. gonna respond to qm after getting home.
>>
>>29626170

long day being had.
>>
>>29626170
Faster anon
>>
>>29628217

Gotcha.

>>29623945

Since this suggestion does not limit creative freedom, I'm up for giving that method a try. Always good to try new stuff.

It actually already made me come up with one one proposition - a blend of the solutions presented. How about we tell Taurus what happened briefly, but talk about it thoroughly with the Zodiacs gathered on the field as soon as we reach them?

This way, Taurus will get a grasp on the situation and we'll make use of the fact that there are so many Zodiacs gathered so that perhaps one of them will have advice for our situation!

Especially since it seems to be something unusal and possibly important.

We might even make use of the fact that Taurus saw us right now, nervous so much after the encounter as to draw a sword, as to give testament to the fact that we aren't faking it!

About that telling one's Zodiac sign as a bump - I'll admit, I've thought about it. Been saving that for a day of creative void. Got some stuff to be told in advance.

Wish people would have the resolve to do something creative every time they mean to bump the thread..
>>
>>29628924
Would we even reach 300 posts?
>>
>>29631684

What might this question be referring to?
>>
>>29621659
All is good in the neighborhood.
>>
>>29621659

>it takes a moment to come down from the shock
>you stand in the room for a second just slowing your breath and taking in your surroundings
>you sheath your sword and speak up to Taurus while wondering how many details to include
“Uh, yeah I think so... I saw a ghost”
>Taurus looks a bit confused
“Or at least, that's what I think it was, I guess she could have been something else. Just showed up and started talking before she disappeared”
>he looks a bit bewildered but his body language opens back up
>at least it is a step up from having a sword drawn on him...
>“Huh, okay. Sure it couldn't have been something else? Maybe a trick of the light?”
>you shake you head no
>Taurus starts to make it back up the stairs to the lounge
>before you follow him you quickly scan the area of the floor where you broke the jar earlier
>you look around briefly and see two large shards close by
>the once clear glass is charred black
>you decide to pick the pieces up for good measure before hurrying over to the stairs
>you take a few moments to consider what kind of dangers could be here
>Taurus speaks up, you are only a couple steps back at this point
>“I think Libra is in a big hurry to get down there now, hope you don't mind if we just head straight to the fields”
>you don't have a problem with that, it'll make it easiest to talk about your encounter
>the two of you make it back to the common area quickly
>you take in the fire
>it is still burning strong, filling the room with an intense heat
>the flickering red flames occasionally flash off-gray colors as the flames lick the air around them, saturating it with heat
>Libra and Cancer are waiting for you
>Libra speaks from across the room
>“Hey Anon! Found the Fire ponies! They are already down there”
>you nod
“So I heard, let's go then”
>>
>>29634168

>you follow Libra out into the circular room with the doors
>Libra immediately opens the door to your left without a hint of hesitation to reveal the middle section of the staircase
>you wonder to yourself if you will ever be able to navigate the castle like that...
>Cancer sticks close to your side as you follow Libra up the stairs
>Taurus follows closely behind, he has said very little about your encounter
>Cancer speaks up as you make it to the top of the stairs, taking note of the single bright red door from earlier
>“Is everything alright Anon? You look a bit pale”
>oh huh, guess so
“Yeah, I think I saw something important, I'll explain more when we are with everyone”
>Cancer nods
>Libra speaks up
>“Ohhhhh sounds interesting. This day just keeps getting more and more mysterious!”
>she giggles to herself and opens the green door to the left
>guess she is taking a slightly different route
>you haven't seen this wing of the castle before
>the area that she revealed is rather small, just three doors only several steps ahead of you
>you are starting to wonder how many doors can be in a single building
>even if it is a very large building...
>you don't take note of the finer details in the room, only the colors of the doors
>purple, black and blue
>Libra immediately leads everyone through the purple door
>this is definitely interesting
>just a straight hallway
>stone flooring and walls
>it leads directly into the sunlight
>you follow Libra but are slightly blinded by the intensity of the sun as you walk forward
>there is little to no echo which leads you to suspect that this door actually does just lead to the grounds of the castle
>you reach the end of the hallway and can now see that you are on one of the many levels of roofing
>>
>>29634179

>Libra trots forward leading the way to a different, slightly more elevated roof to your right
>there is a small staircase, maybe four to five stone steps that leads up
>you have a much less constructed view from up here
>oh, there are the fields below and to the right
>you look carefully and are able to make out a group of ponies down below
>sure enough, you can spot Aries' large twisting horns from a distance
>the four of you begin the descent to ground level, moving down staircases from roof to roof
>by the time you reach ground level you are in a bit of a different spot on the left most side of the field
>looks like a bit of a walk before you reach the other Zodiac ponies
>Capricorn and Aquarius beginning approaching you from a distance
>you wave as you continue to move forward, looking forward at the group
>you feel like they are almost within earshot
>just as you go to say something strikes you in the side
>oh fuck
>you try to keep your footing but end up following down into the grass
>at least everything is really soft
>you look up into a pair of sparkling orange irises
>Leo is sitting on top of you
>“Hey Anon! Ready to explore?”
>your heart is still pounding, damn lion pone

>input

gonna keep the input system the same for this update since really the main thing here is the level of detail that you all want to go in with the encounter. I imagine this is a pretty straight forward update, but it makes sense to provide a break in the text here for input even if it is small. once we start formally exploring I will test out the multiple option method mentioned earlier in the thread. :^)
>>
>>29634202
We will still be able to suggest things other then the options presented right.

Ask leo to get off as you have something to tell everybody then explain every detail of your encounter.
>>
>>29634251

oh yeah definitely! that's still the preferred method, but I'd like to get more people lurking involved
>>
>>29634329
Fair enough then.
>>
File: b9e.png (232KB, 900x604px) Image search: [Google]
b9e.png
232KB, 900x604px
>>29634251

guess it is you and me anon, too tired to proofread

>>29634202

>you shrug Leo off
“Could you get up? I have something to tell everybody”
>her facial expression drops
>“Jeez, fine”
>she stands up and walks back to the group her gaze cast downward
>you stand back up and head over to the entrance
>it now really feels like a true crowd
>it takes you a second to count everyone
>eight ponies...?
>your comment seems to have already caught everyone's attention
“So back in Fire house I think I saw a ghost”
>Leo turns back to look at you but says nothing
>there is a little of a murmur over the crowd
>Aries is the first to say anything, he yells a bit louder than appropriately
>“A ghost? What!'
>it's almost exaggerated
>Aquarius' tone seeps to the forefront of your attention
>“Please do explain Anonymous”
>you take a breath and consider how to best summarize
>Capricorn has made it close to your side
“Yeah, so I was in the lounge area of the Fire house, you know? The one with all the fires? I was looking for you guys to tell you about the tunnel when I saw a pony. I think from the memory before? She wasn't physical, she called me careless and said she couldn't remember anything. I tried to ask her a few things but she faded away before I could say much more. The last thing she said was 'danger'”
>there is a second of silence
>the wind lightly blows across the grass
>it is still surprisingly light out
>you look over the crowd
>the Gemini ponies aren't here
>>
>>29635771

>Leo is the first one to say anything
>“So what you're saying is you just walked into our housing and snooped around while we weren't there?”
>...that's not exactly the response you were looking for
>Libra speaks up first
>“Oh come on Leo, you've never had a problem with us doing that before”
>Leo doesn't miss a beat
>“Yeah but I've given you explicit permission before, whether or not you remember it Libra”
>she huffs and turns
>Sagittarius eases the tension a bit
>he has his bow handy drawn over his back
> “Well, as far as I am concerned you are, um, 'explicitly' welcome on my behave at least”
>Capricorn speaks up kind of quietly next to you
> “I thought you told us to drop in soon anyways...”
>Leo wheels around to face her but doesn't say anything
>Capricorn makes eye contact with her before she looks down
>she mutters
>“I thought the ghost thing sounded interesting... although it sounds like a memory trace to me”
>her tone is meek, Leo speaks over her
>“More likely just someone looking for attention if you ask me. Danger? Really Anon?”
>Leo laughs
>Aquarius looks down at the ground but says nothing, Libra, Cancer and Taurus have stayed on the fringe of the circle staying completely silent
>Capricorn huffs and raises her shoulders
> “Leo! You of all ponies should know that memory magic has bizarre effects”
>Leo narrows her gaze in on Capricorn to a glare
> “Oh yeah? Is there something you are trying to say right now Capricorn? Why don't you tell everypony about my extensive knowledge of memory magic?”
>Capricorn's face falters and her shoulders drop
>it looks like she wants to say something but she just looks at the ground and stays quiet
>>
File: aqvector1.png (124KB, 1024x747px) Image search: [Google]
aqvector1.png
124KB, 1024x747px
>>29635779

>Aquarius speaks up, her cool tone oblivious to the situation
>“Now that everyone is here, we should begin planning this exploration. Anonymous, while the ghost story is intriguing, I don't think such a vague warning could have specific relevance. We are all aware that this could be dangerous already”
>there is a nod of conscious
>Libra and Taurus step forward further towards you and Capricorn
>Cancer bites her lip and stays far back from the group
>Aquarius continues speaking
> “While you were awake, we surveyed the landscape around and the very beginning section of the tunnel”
>Libra scoffs
> “I thought you said you would wait!”
>Aquarius sighs and continues
> “If there are no more interruptions...”
>she stops talking for a second
>Aries looks like he is going to say something just because he can, but he chooses to stay silent
>her tone continues, quiet yet it carries across the near by field
> “It appears that the passage immediately branches off three different directions”
>Libra's eyes go wide
> “So it is large then”
>Aquarius nods and continues
> “I see two ways to approach this situation. Split up or stay together”
>another murmur spreads across the crowd
>“There are nine of us here, three per group if we decide to split up evenly, either way I feel that it is best to have an extensive plan before going underground”
>>
File: kmart.jpg (89KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
kmart.jpg
89KB, 1024x683px
>>29635789

>you look over the group of ponies here
>Aquarius, Aries, Cancer, Capricorn, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Taurus
>Sagittarius speaks up in a very matter of fact tone
>“Well aren't there other ways we could go about this to? Just because there are three paths doesn't mean we could start off as one group then say, split into two groups?”
>Aquarius blinks
>“Theoretically there is an infinite amount of ways this could be achieved. I did not think of it that way”
>Libra speaks up
> “It's really a toss up, all the options are weighed pretty equally in my mind. Anonymous, what do you think?”

>input

- stay as one group, explore each passage
- split into three groups, one group each passage (pick ponies)
- explore one passage together then split up (pick ponies)
- try to convince the group it is too dangerous
- other / character interaction
>>
>>29635795
>- stay as one group, explore each passage
Say you are disapointed they went in without libra it was important to her.

Clarify you were not really snooping around just listening to her.
>>
>>29636065
>Clarify you were not really snooping around just listening to her.
I am not sure what I was trying to say here what I meaant to type was.
Clarify you were not really snooping around just looking for them.
>>
>>29634202
>>29635795

>Tfw you get only a few hours worth of sleep total and yet, those few hours are exactly the time frame when dyslexia does the rare thing of posting two consecutive updates, the latter containing a number of negative responses from the Zodiacs.
>tfw it's like you were to blame for that, because of not being there on time to contribute, as to avoid that situation.

Ugh. Gonna have to think on how to fix this mess after getting back from work.. and probably sleeping for some time, hopefully.
>>
>>29636374
To be fair the only way to keep this from happening would have been to not say anything.
I sympathize with you on sleeping at just the wrong time though.
>>29635795
We should drop the ghost for now if these ponys get agitated in here it may be dangerous.
>>
>>29636644
Oh also stay as one group.
>>
>>29636644

Thanks. Going to sleep in a minute, having returned dea tired. Let's see whether I'll get a chance in the morning..
>>
>>29639111

looks like you might be in luck. I think I need tonight to develop my ideas further. I'd like to step up the writing quality for these next few updates
>>
>>29641037
better not take too long
>>
A group of fun loving ponies on an adventure is a blast.
>>
>>29641037

Was glad to read that.
Kept you waiting long enough.

Firstly, the matter of Leo. It's clear she's been in a bad mood ever since we've brushed her off after she's pounced us. It's been spiraling for the worse rapidly ever since. Reckon it's best not to let the grudge settle.

To that effect, firstly address the issue of trespassing the fire house. Call the ponies that have first seen the underground passage for witnesses that we haven't been snooping around, but looking for the fire ponies together, as to not have them miss out on the fun of exploration. Taurus and Libra may give testament to the fact that upon reaching the fire house, that's how we agreed on dividing ourselves to look for them. The intentions were pure and the Zodiacs accompanying us didn't seem to find it offending in any way. Sad to hear it's been interpreted by Leo as something wrong.

Secondly, apologize to Leo. Didn't mean to break her spirit at having received such a cheerful greeting, but it was just a very wrong moment for us to be pinned to the ground unexpectedly. The whole enocunter in the fire house, including the warning about danger left us quite jumpy. In fact, we were so nervous at that time that we've drawn our sword at the sound of approaching Taurus, as he might truthfully admit. Reckon that will give a picture of how real it felt.

Lastly, mention we've made sure it wasn't us, having broken one of those memory magic artifacts by accident. All we've found were those charred pieces from the place we've broken one in the morning during the game with Leo, Capricorn and Aries. Is it normal for this kinda glass to go black like that? Does it offer any clues? Might wanna ask Capricorn what she meant by a memory trace. The girl mentioned she's into magic despite not being a unicorn, but seems to be too suppressed by Leo's persnality to speak right now. Gotta give her a little encouragement, I reckon.

Part 1/2
>>
>>29641037
>>29644487

One more thing I forgot to type earlier regarding that snooping around - all we visited in the fire house was that room with the memory jars. Was getting the feeling it was a common lounge? We didn't check out any of the private rooms, if that's what she's worried about.

Honestly, the reason for presenting that story to the group was as to consult their experience, knowing they've lived here for a while, not seek attention. Did none of them encounter such events, having spent a while in this magic-filled castle?

Moving away from that topic, can't help but agree with Aquarius on her statement, at least partly. Didn't mean to impede the journey with that story. Nice to see so many gathered around to partake in in it, really.

Is Cancer feeling alright? Sorry to have her had stressed out, knowing she wasn't into underground exploring. If our story had an effect on her, then that was inconsiderate of us. Wouldn't hurt to show a little remorse for souring up the spirit overall too, I reckon. That wasn't the intention.

I'd agree on >>29636065, and naturally, on >>29636124 too.

Regarding picking the ponies... reckon there ain't really any hurry regarding the exploration process. Hence, we might just as well go and enjoy sights together. If a need and a wish to split arises, we might split up later, after that first passage. Reckon it might be wise to gauge this place first while keeping the danger to minimum, then deciding who still wishes to go on/who is willing to risk another go.

Those reasons are secondary, however. Cancer here was meaning to spend time with her friends, despite being afraid of the underground. Hence, given how she breaches her comfort zone for such a feat even more so than others, tI'd like to vote whatever she is comfortable with.

Part 2/2
>>
>>29644709

Oh, right one more thing.

Where are Gemmy and Minny? Did they go back to the air house?
>>
Wait did I miss something or did we only contact 3 houses.
>>
>>29645838

We were from the 4th one, Anon.
>>
>>29646414
I meant only contact 2 then.
I dunno maybe I need to reread.
>>
Bemp
>>
File: tumblr_my6vkhhAWG1qimrito1_500.png (133KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my6vkhhAWG1qimrito1_500.png
133KB, 500x360px
>>29635795

>you look over the ponies gathered here
>definitely a lot to get done...
>might as well do this all together, keep everything cohesive
“I think it would be best if we stick together”
>no one seems to object
>you take a breath and add on
“Also, you should have waited for Libra like ya said, it was important to her”
>Libra leans into you and nods, Aquarius' face falters
“And to clarify I wasn't snooping Leo, didn't mean to offend, I was looking for you ponies”
>Leo huffs and swishes her lion tail
>“Alright Anon, sure”
>you huff back slightly
“It's true though. When we got there we split up to look for you all so you wouldn't miss out on the exploring. I just checked in the lounge, I figured it was a common area”
>you decide to make it over closer to Leo, she looks up
>her eyes are curious
“And I'm sorry for not returning your warm greeting, I was a bit on edge from the warning of danger, I even drew my sword on Taurus earlier”
>he nods in confirmation as he and Sagittarius start to lift the board, fully revealing the hidden stairs
>you decide to give Leo an affectionate pet, she smiles softly
>“Thanks for that Anon, I'm glad we are on the same page. No hard feelings”
>you nod to her
>that feels a bit more resolved now
“I made sure not to break anything, I picked up a couple shards of glass from the artifact earlier, is it normal for the glass to turn black like this?"
>you decide to take out one of the shards and show Leo
>she examines it closely
>“Yeah, I'm not entirely sure! Never noticed that before!”
>Capricorn walks over to the two of you, closer to the opening
>you watch some of the ponies' facial expressions as they gaze downward for the first time
> “I-Is it alright if I look at it Anon?”
>you don't see a problem with that
>you nod and Leo hands her the piece she was examining over
>Capricorn prods the glass with her hooves
>>
File: clearly not a goat.png (81KB, 812x866px) Image search: [Google]
clearly not a goat.png
81KB, 812x866px
>>29648314

>“Hmmm, okay, this char probably just means that the memory had a lot of magic discharge potential, this must have happened on impact. See how it just scrapes off?”
>she scratches the surface with her hoof and sure enough the clear colored glass below becomes once again visible
>she looks down and stutters again
>“I-It must have been a really vivid memory, you really might have caught a trace”
>you feel the sun beat down upon you over head
>it reflects off of the glass, shining into your eyes
>you try to blink the red spot out of your vision
>Aries speak up, he doesn't sound as loud without an echo accompanying him
>“Sssh, whatever Capricorn, I've broken more of those than anyone and never had that happen”
>Capricorn looks down, Leo laughs
>“As if you'd even be smart enough to notice a trace if you had one goat for brains”
>Leo flickers her tail back and forth, Aquarius and Libra both laugh to themselves
>even Capricorn giggles, ironically...
>Aries just scrunches up
>“Hey take that back!”
>Leo's facial expression drops for a second
>she walks over to Aries and drapes herself over him playfully
>he continues to scrunch
>“I can apologize for the comment but I'm afraid that the psychological and social backlash cannot be withdrawn”
>Aquarius places a hoof over her own mouth, you hear Sagittarius and Taurus join in on the laughter
>Taurus seems to whisper something to Sagittarius
>Aries looks, maybe trying to locate the source of a fire that could cause a savage burn
>“Huh?”
>Leo laughs loudly
>you decide to save Aries a little embarrassment while silently noting the depth of Leo's verbal arsenal
“In all fairness, I don't know what a memory trace is either, maybe someone could explain a bit? Capricorn?”
>you look her way, she nods
>“Yeah definitely! It's nothing to be too concerned about, but let's walk and talk... I don't want everyone waiting on my account”
>>
File: aqwaifu.png (38KB, 217x200px) Image search: [Google]
aqwaifu.png
38KB, 217x200px
>>29648327

>you nod, seems like everything is about ready
>there are still a couple lingering things though before you go underground formally ...
>you look over to Cancer
>she has been silent, holding her crab and looking down into the dirt
>you can't help but feel the sun ahead and focus on the horizon, the reality of your surroundings
>the way spires overhead create shadows on the ground is eloquent
>you speak
“Are you doing okay Cancer? Sorry if that was stressful I didn't mean to sour the mood, I just wanted to see if anyone could relate to my experience”
>she looks up at you
>“Oh, no, it's okay Anon. I'm just nervous about being underground a-and in the unknown is all”
>you try to express your understanding through your tone
“Alright, well, we can take all of this slow, okay? Whatever you are comfortable with”
>she nods softly
>you look over to Aquarius and Sagittarius who seem to be leading the way
>Aquarius blinks and you nod, then she begins make it underground
>you follow closely behind her and Sagittarius
>Capricorn is to your right
>Libra flutters over to your left side and winks at you
>Cancer, Aries and Leo follow, it seems like Leo is talking to Cancer saying something below your level of hearing at this range
>you decide to make conversation as you descend beneath the ground level
“So where did Gemmy and Minny go?”
>the general echo you are used to hearing is coming back steadily as you make it further and further under
>the stone walls around you are crude, unevenly size rocks that seem to seam together unusually well
>as if the choice of stone was not from lack of options but rather for artist expression
>Aquarius' voice fills the corridor as the stairs begin to level out
>“They decided it would be wise to stay back and help work on Air house's preparations for the ball. Something about a library trip in the future perhaps?”
>>
>>29648329

>oh right that
>this day really has lasted forever...
>you reach the level ground beneath you
>you notice that the flooring is continuous, no cracks, flat
>three paths lay ahead
>the middle is larger, or at least wider, but with a slightly lowered ceiling
>you can still easily walk underneath
>the other two paths are narrow with an even higher ceiling
>above the middle pathway is an elaborate mural
>a dragon
>you notice everyone's eyes gaze up collectively to read the text
>it is not legible... just characters
>you look into the eyes of the dragon portrayed above
>the simplistic face
>it isn't paint, it is colored stone
>not gems but dull colored stones, like colored blocks of charcoal that are laced into the hard dark gray stone overhead
>Aquarius speaks, her tone seep into your stream of consciousness
>you notice her motion to your left then to the right
>“To remember, to forget”
>there are more characters you didn't see at first, on the walls next to the side corridors
>you watch her eyes move to the text laced around the dragon
>the black symbols illegible to you...
>“For those with purity in their heart”
>she looks back over the crowd
>>
File: darwn.jpg (86KB, 718x480px) Image search: [Google]
darwn.jpg
86KB, 718x480px
>>29648340

>everyone is silent
>Libra is the first to speak
>“S-So which path then?”
>Sagittarius starts walking to the left
>“I don't know about you guys, but there is a lot of stuff that I could stand to remember. My memory is lousy maybe I've finally found the cure!”
>he is almost turning down the hallway already
>I don't want to remember
>Taurus and Libra move to catch up with him quickly
>Libra flies, speeding ahead to reach before Taurus
>“Nuh uh! We decided we are sticking together, so everyone has an equal say in this”
>Sagittarius scoffs
>“You sound like Virgo, now let me through. If you don't want to follow that's fine. I have my bow”
>Aquarius interrupts, which more or less feels like the conversation switching focus to her words
>“Relax Sagittarius, this passage has been untouched for a very long time judging by this olden equine script. There is absolutely no hurry”
>he sits down and sighs
>“Okay sure, what do you all got in mind then?”
>you look up once more into the dragon's flat, stone eyes

>input

- take left passage
- take center passage
- take right passage
- it doesn't matter / let zodiacs decide / neutral
- maybe splitting up isn't such a bad idea after all
- get anxious and turn around while you can !
>>
File: Cosgrove.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cosgrove.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
Hmm... I'd go left first.

But that's me.
>>
>aqwaifu.png

Yes.
>>
>>29648341
I think we should remember but anybody who does not wish to so can stay behind. I doubt it is our own memorys we will remember though.

Please nobody go to face the dragon you may think you are pure of heart but who knows really. Maybe do not forget until we get back from remembering either.
>>
>>29650136
*wish to do so.
>>
>>29648341
>- take left passage
basicly what
>>29650136
said
>>
>>29650878
Agreed
>>
Page 10.
Interesting update.
Going to write something more after sleeping.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.