[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tails of Equestria Preview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGpI16q9beA

Also, it seems the name of the unicorn mare on the cover is mentioned in the book and that name is Firebrand, according to the vid. I wonder if she takes things too seriously?
>>
Looks like fun.
>>
File: some like it HOT.png (903KB, 1600x1296px) Image search: [Google]
some like it HOT.png
903KB, 1600x1296px
>>29488102
>Firebrand
Fuck yeah, I can have her team up with my OC. Since I have noone to play this with.
>>
So hyped to get this. I've been wanting to sink my teeth into a TTRPG for a while now, and this looks like the perfect jumping off point.
>>
>>29488230
>Since I have noone to play this with.
I guarantee some anons will be playing it online. Just watch for threads around the time the books are released.
>>
I don't see why I would play this over PonyFinder.
>>
sucks for hasbro that their card game is good and gets no attention. i imagine this will be the same deal.
>>
>>29488102
>>
>>29488102
why is it a video does it really have any information that could not be conveyed in text and pictures.
>>
>>29488822
It's less rules heavy and designed for the target audience.
That Ponyfinder is based on Pathfinder is not a strength, but a weakness.

>>29488810
There are going to be at least 2 games which will recruit from here. Watch for threads around the release date.

>>29490935
While I completely agree, the video production and marketing teams have to justify their existence and youtube channels somehow.
>>
>>29488822
It's more accurate to the intention and target audience of the show.

As in, it's less Pathfinder with ponies and more like playing an RPG set in the universe of the show. It's also a more open system with less rules and more simple mechanics, which could make roleplay easier.

So I guess it depends what you're looking for. Ponyfinder is full of action and has more content and fleshed out rules but it's not anything like the show thematically because you stab shit to death (which last I checked doesn't really happen in the show that much).

Tales of Equestria is more accurate to the show thematically, so there's less murder and weapons and shit. But the rules are very light and simplistic, which you may find boring (you also may find the whole not stabbing shit part boring as well, depending on why you play pen and paper RPGs).

So it really depends what kind of Pony based RPG experience you're looking for honestly.
>>
>>29488102
It looks kinda neat. But that video did not need to be half an hour long, Jesus Christ.
Sounds like River Horse has been playing Savage Worlds before designing this.
Looking forwards to the bestiary too.

The most interesting takeaway for me is how much it aligns itself with the spirit of the show, which isn't something a lot of fan games have done. For obvious reasons, really. And it's going to be interesting to see how older GMs run that.

>>29488822
Because it isn't Pathfinder.

>>29490996
>Watch for threads around the release date.
I will.
>>
File: firebrand.jpg (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
firebrand.jpg
85KB, 500x500px
>>29488102
>her name is firebrand
she must travel the world to find the 6 crests
>>
>>29488102
I can't listen to this twat for 30 full minutes. It is cringy as hell to hear this unprofessional limey shilling for that long
>It's just SO goooooood for its target audience
>It just fits the spirit of the shooooooow

Does he actually provide any new details that we weren't aware of before now?
>>
The one thing I can't fucking figure out from the preview picks provided is exactly how Stamina (HP) calculates

You start off with either 10 or 12 (if you're an Earth Pony), but then they say its tied to Body stat so I assume it increases when you choose to bump Body on a level up. But I can't discern a pattern

>Diamond Dogs: Body d12, Stamina 20
>Zecora: Body d12, Stamina 38
>Quaray Eel: Body d20, Stamina 24
>Ursa Minor: Body 3xd20, Stamina 66
>Timberwolves: Body d12, Stamina 18

Anyone know anything else?
>>
>>29491072
I like the amount of options Ponyfinder gives me for character building.
>>
>>29491338
The only thing I could find that wasn't in earlier material was

>Friendship Tokens: You can achieve the same affect as spending 3 if you spend 2 (with each one coming from a different player)
>Friendship Tokens are earned on either a Level Up (in which you get the same amount you started out with, one for each player+DM), or you get one if a quirk prevents you from doing something.
>Combat is pretty straightforward, you compare Body rolls (or Mind if using a spell) and whichever roll is higher that value gets taken out of the loser's Stamina
>>
>30 minutes of rambling
>mentions spells
>doesn't even explain what that means or how they work

>>29491347
NPCs probably aren't using the same system for Stamina to Body that player characters will use. So I doubt you can figure it out from those numbers.
>>
>>29491370
Then you will love games like Fate, Savage Worlds and GURPS. But probably not this one.
>>
File: lonely.png (123KB, 992x1722px) Image search: [Google]
lonely.png
123KB, 992x1722px
>>29488102
I'd really like to play it
I used to play fallout equestria, ponyfinder and some other custom games with friends but they became normies and now I don't have anyone to play with
this seems simple and funny, like dnd 5e
if english were my first language I wouldn't mind gming a game
I feel so lonely...
>>
Im hype.
Ive never played p&p RPG but always wanted to.
ToE sounds very entry-level, with it being aimed at kids and all.
>>
>>29491805
Dont worry, we will play it all together like a bunch of autists and we will have fun.
>>
>>29491347
Possibly level related.

As in, your body stays the same but every time you level up you get more stamina (like in DnD and many other RPGs).

Like so,
>Body - d12
>Level 1 - Body - d12, Stamina - 12 (Assumed basic DnD rules, the first d12 is automatically a 12)
>Level 2 - Body - d12, Stamina - 13-24
>Level 3 - Body - d12, Stamina - 14-36
>Level 4 - Body - d12, Stamina - 15-48

And so on and so forth, there's a lot of variation when you take levels into account. Then again, NPCs often also use their own unique rules in addition to this.
>>
>>29491401
>NPCs probably aren't using the same system
A shame that was always 3es biggest strength
>>
>>29488102
I'd love to play this.

Too bad I don't know anybody who's interested in tabletop gaming.
>>
>>29494462
Do what I did and join a local meetup group online.
>>
>>29494468
I live in hillbilly country.

While I'm sure I'd find a group of people who'd play tabletop games, I don't think I'd find a group willing to play this one.
>>
>>29494462
If you live in or near a city, there's a good chance there's a club, or any number of groups. Just try it.
>>
>>29491281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8qovLfqn_U
>>
>>29488102
Can't wait for it to be out.
>>
>>29490996
>>29491258
>Ponyfinder is based on Pathfinder

Not the 5e edition.
>>
>>29488102
>>
>>29491401
>Make up a spell
>Assign die
>Roll die when you use spell
>Beat target number to succeed
Duh
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.