[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cirquesque CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 571
Thread images: 16

File: 08 - Title.png (767KB, 1721x1409px) Image search: [Google]
08 - Title.png
767KB, 1721x1409px
Last thread: >>29413451

>>29459596 >>29457194
>>29456414 >>29455150
>>29455129
"Hey, it's a story for children. And probably a edited one, too."
"How do you know it's even true?"
"Remember the mare in the moon I mentioned? It was in the moon before Princess Luna returned, when I was a foal. And I even saw Nightmare Moon myself."
"I guess no one's gonna call someone who can spend a thousand years in the moon and come back she's a brat..."
"How do you mean?"
"That you sound too convinced of how great she is to call her up on her bull."
"Hey," You give her a look, "This is the Princess..." You stop talking.
"Yeah." A smug smile flutters on her lips.
"No. " You gulp. "It's not like that."
"Maybe." She shrugs. When you don't continue reading, she gives you a kick on a hoof, "Hey."
"Oh, yeah." You gulp and look down at the book. "Twilight Sparkle was a young unicorn..." You read distractedly, trying not to think too much in Princess Luna.
"So you got six whole new princesses." She interrupts you when they use the elements.
"Well, Princess Twilight obviously is, and the others all have titles nowadays..."
"So one and a half new princess."
"Ssssorta? They save the world like four times a year." You scratch your head, "You stop noticing it after a while."
"Princesses saving your asses all the time..." She leaves it in the air.
"Huh?"
"No surprise you are so stardamned weak." She lifts one of your forelegs, "Look at this, you could as well be a foal. Do you even eat protein?"
>>
>>29485852
Well. Leaf should be relatively fit from all the farm work he does.
>>
>>29485852
I don't think so? What has protein in it?
>>
>>29485852
There's are various kinds of vegetables that contain protein, now will you keep interrupting or should we do this another time?
>>
>>29485904
>>29485927 >>29486082
"Lots of vegetables have protein."
"Eat more of those, then. Or some fish."
"Fish?" You can't help but cringe away from her.
"What's wrong with it?"
"That it's... it's fish!"
"You can digest it. Or are you like one of those puritans who only eat seaweed? Because I've never heard of one older than thirty."
"Look, will you stop doing that?" I close the book loudly.
"Doing what?"
"Doing... doing that! Can't you stop being mendearing every other word?"
Herb lands besides you and opens his beak, but the look you give him makes him fly away quietly.
"Fine." She says after a moment, some displeasure clear in her voice.
"B-what?" You splutter, "What?"
"What about what."
"'Fine'? Just like that?"
"Yes, 'fine'. I've never even heard of your land, so it's not close to anywhere I've been to. There's no use in ripping each other's throats before we reach it."
"Oh." It's all you can say.
"But I still won't let you slack with the swimming." She pokes you in the chest, "I won't babysit you every time you are near water."
>>
>>29486350
Thank her and continue read out loud the book to her.
>>
>>29486350
Well as long as you do it some of the time until I get better then I'd appreciate it. Thank you in advance for saving me again in the future. Now should we read another book or maybe play a card or board game we have?
>>
>>29486350
Since we're going to be around water for a long time, learning to swim is a good idea.
>>
>>29486460
We already tried that and nearly drowned. Maybe tomorrow?
>>
>>29486350
Where did we leave off again?
>>
>>29486350
Maybe we can try some fish in the future. It can't be that bad, can it?
>>
>>29486635
I didn't mean right now. I meant that we'd continue trying.
>>
>>29486723
Bump
>>
>>29486395 >>29486396
>>29486460 >>29486635
>>29486723 >>29486666
>>29486686
"This is all wat... alright." You nod in defeat. "I'll try again tomorrow."
"You better," She pokes you once more for emphasis, "And you'll eat fish, too."
"Fish." You cringe at the word.
"Yes. You'll run out of your own sooner than later, so you'll have to learn how to fish too."
"I have to fish?" You feel a shudder.
"If you feel bad about it try not make it a waste." She shrugs, then feels around, finding the book quickly, "It's over?"
"Almost, the rest rushes through how she beat Discord and Chrysalis."
She doesn't answer.
"A spirit of chaos and a changeling queen. Do you have those? Changelings? And hey, do you feel like playing a card game?"
"Feel free to bring one. And we used to, but I think they are gone nowadays."
"Wait, what? They up and died?"
"Dunno, only thing I know is that they used to be common and I haven't even heard of a living one in my life. It's mostly old folk who mention them."

Had another power outage. And feel free to suggest a card game.
>>
>>29487414
How old are the old folk? Also I realize now that there are not many card games a blind person can play. At least with a board game you can move a piece for them or they can roll a dice.
>>
>>29487414
Wait, isn't she blind? How is she going to - you know what? Fuck it. I hope she can play. How's blackjack or poker?
>>
>>29487414
Who's the asshole that suggested card games? Did they assume the cards would be in braille or something?
>>
>>29487414
Do we have the game Battle Ship? That doesn't require much, and a blind pony could play.
>>
>>29487414
Do we have a deck of cards with braille? It's a slim chance anyone would, but still.
>>
>>29487414
We could play Chess or Checkers. A blind person can play that.
>>
>>29487491 >>29487590
>>29487595 >>29487770
>>29487774 >>29487778
"How old are we talking about?"
"'Halfway to the bottom' old."
"Remind me to search for one when we reach a city... can you even play card games?"
"I can have your bird tell me what they are." She says simply.
"Herb's not my bird."
"He's not my pony!" Adds Herb from the roof, raising his beak from the fish for a moment.
"The bird, then."
"Wouldn't you prefer something else, anyway? Like checkers?"
"I have to go fish tomorrow's breakfast so no, I don't have time to learn checkers. I do for a game or two of blackjack."
"Fffine." You go for the cards and, once Herb has finished eating, convince him to glide down. "Hey, just how often do the whales take off?" You ask, shuffling the cards.
"This time of the year it's weekly." She takes her cards and Herb whispers into her ear, "Normally they don't do it so early, thought. There must a cow in heat nearby."

Decided to quicktime the game in the background. If anyone actually wants to actually play the game, just say so.
>>
>>29488249
We don't need to actually play. I'm curious who could win more games though. We could also play old maid after this if herb is so smart. Let's try to learn more about the world like who's the worst pony out on the sea? Are city ponies usually nice? Are there law ponies? How do mayors get picked?
>>
>>29488249
Sure, why not. What are the cards.
>>
I've never played blackjack before.
>>
>>29488249
So how will we do this? Got a format? Will Leaf and Seaweed do this for fun or bet anything?
>>
>>29488289
You nod and play quietly for a moment before losing, "Herb, d'you know how to play Old Maid?"
"Old Maid?" He reads the cards when you give them to Seaweed and whispers into her ear. "I can learn."
"You are more clever than most birds, aren't you?" you look down at your cards.
"A bard of my caliber," He makes a dramatic pose, pointing at himself, "Can't have an empty skull, no."
"Your ego makes sure of that." Seaweed says distractedly.
"No joke. So, how's the people at cities? And what about law? And I win." You add.
She shrugs, "Same as in land, I guess. You get all types. And law depends on the city... thought cities without some peace don't last long usually."
You let yourself relax a little. Shouldn't be so different from Equestria, then, right?
"Who's the worst pony at the sea?" You add after a moment, half joking.
"The worst?" She makes a face.
"You know, the baddest of bads, the legend."
"Legends, yes!" Herb extends his wings in excitement and flutters above us, "A whole new land of stories to hear, how didn't I think about it before?"
Seaweed ignores him, "If you want stories there's Quesque, or Glimmering Dusk, or the queen-of-tides." She is silent for a moment, her ears twitching, "But make it fast, I've got to fish soon."
>>
>>29489377
Tell me about that Quesque fellow then.
>>
>>29489377
Ask her about the queen. We can ask about the other two if we remember. While she's fishing we can work on that fishing pole. Also, do we not have a compass?
>>
>>29489474
*Quesque
>>
>>29489377
I believe we were going to make a fishing pole using some steel spool and a pole for Leaf or Seaweed, in the last thread? Are we still gonna do that?
>>
>>29489377
The "Queen-of-the-Tides" sounds a bit ominous. Is she a renowned pirate? A powerful siren?
>>
>>29489394 >>29489474
>>29489647
"Quesque? Who was that?"
"Let me remember..." She pauses for a second, and Herb glides down to perch on your hat, "Quesque was a grand mage, when the world was young, who stole the little brothers."
"Little-- The stars?"
"Yeah, he stole the night stars out of jealousy, so that the big sister was alone and lost like he was."
"And because he loved her, yes?" Asks Herb.
"What's with you and love?" She asks back.
"Every story is one of love." His tone lacks any jocularity this time.
"Yyyeah, right. " Herb jumps off your hat to land in front of her and mimmick her talking mockingly, "Anyway, Quesque was jealous of the big sister because she had someone to make her company, while he was alone in his lighthouse, which no one ever visited because he was too self-absorbed to remember alighting it at night. After years of seeing everyone follow the stars, he despaired and stole the little brothers, too bitter to even think of the damage he was causing." She clicks her tongue, "The big brother saw this and grew enraged, because people got lost during the night."
"And then?" I ask when she doesn't continue.
"And then the big brother flew down to talk with him," Herb mimicks something falling and exploding with his wings, making a mute 'Boom' gesture. "but, having been in the sky for so long, didn't realize he'd burn the tower with Quesque inside to cinders until it was too late." Herb stops moving for a moment in surprise and makes an effort not to laugh too loudly.

(1/2)
>>
>>29489986
"And the queen?"
"Oh, the queen-of-tides," She sounds more excited by this one, "The queen was a siren who swam faster than anyone else-- the very seas would part from her way, raising to the sky in rains that fell for miles around her."
"But what did she do?"
"Oh, what didn't she do-- She stole the crowns of all the siren queens, just to piss them off. Without crowns they weren't really queens, but those most loyal to them -their paladins- chased after her... or tried to. But in her joy she swam so fast that she flew off the world in a giant column of water and crashed into the moon. And she is still the queen of all sirens, commanding the tides from her palace of moonshine..." Her ears twitch again, "Gotta fish, see you." She trots away to tie herself and jumps to the water, sliding away like a water serpent.
"Fly off the world." You repeat to yourself.
"Sounds like Siren Dash to me." Herb flutters back to your hat,
"Kinda," You look at her swim for a moment longer, "I really should try making a fishing pole"
"Do you have any hooks?"
"I could try to make one." You shrug.
"And you learned here and there, didn't you?" He says tiredly.
"Hey, growing in a farm will do that to you." You walk inside, "And I should try to make a compass, too."
"Old needle and magnet?" He flies off while you search for the wire spool and returns with a cup, "This should work, yes?"
"Yeah, thanks."
After about an hour you have both-- a rustic fishing cane, it's hook a heavily sand-papered nail, and what seems to be a broken compass.
"What's with it?" Herb bird-hops around it, "You don't got any strong magnetism or such in here, haven't you?"
You look at it, trying to understand why it shakes madly. "Not that I know of."
The needle stops spinning and points east.
"And now it works?" Asks Herb. The needle starts shaking again, oscillating between north and north-east, "But now it doesn't." It stops to point east again. "And now it does."

Paused
>>
>>29490001
Laters Cammy
>>
>>29490001
>and what seems to be a broken compass.
The compass can't be broken, but what's happening?
>>
yeah
>>
beb
>>
>>29491133
Lewd
>>
>>29490001
Well, it looks like there's some very random interference in the area, or this world's magnetic field just doesn't work the same.
>>
>>29490001
We're going to need bait. Do we have string? Go check Weedy.
>>
>>29490001
>>29493214
We can dig up some dirt to get an earth worm, or use a piece of Seaweeds fish if she doesn't mind.
>>
>>
>>29494585
>>
>>29491133
>>
>>29496048
Bump
>>
>>29490145 >>29492749
>>29493214 >>29493631
"Guess it's interference." You decide to shrug it off after a moment of staring, "What do you think I should use for bait?"
"Worms?" Suggests Herb.
You think about it for a moment and shake your head, "I'd rather not use the only ones I have for that."
"Fish eats fish." He says after a moment, deadpanning.
You head outside -passing through the door awkwardly due to the rod being held in your mouth- and glide to Seaweed's shack, checking the rope along the way... good, still tied and moving as she swims.
You try not to whimper too much when you grab a piece of fish from the table where she cuts them and, after a moment, Herb jumps off your head with a tired sigh and sticks it into the hook for you.
"Now the long wait?"
"Yeah." You sigh and sit on Seaweed's porch, managing to throw the hook a decent distance away after a few tries. "This is just seeing if it works, though."
"So you'll free the food."
"Birds are food, too." You give him a look. He doesn't answer to that.
A few minutes of idle, bored chatter pass as you wait for something to bite, before a strong enough breeze opens Seaweed's door a nudge, the wood cracking softly.
"Ah?" Herb hops to peek inside without any further ado, "Ah."
>>
>>29497349
Tell him he's not allowed in there until seaweed says we can go in.
>>
>>29497349
Hold on, Herb
>>
>>29497349
Git yo feathered lil ass away from there.
>>
>>29497349
I hope Lettuce was smart enough to not accidently catch Seaweed from the general area where she is fishing.
>>
>>29497349
Oh is the QM trying to tickle our curiosity perhaps, hmmmm? Welol we should go retrieve our little friend, and I guess we can't help buy take an Itty bitty peak through the cracks while we're at it.
>>
>>29497349
What did you find Herb? Does she collect shells or something?
>>
Later I think we should insist we share some of the music me might have with her. She's just grumpy because she had to listen to the same song over and over again.
>>
>>29497349
We should check on our fresh water source and wee if the crops needs any water.
>>
>>29498159
You may be actually retarded
>>
What are Leaf's chances of getting Seaweed in the same bed with him?
>>
>>29497378 >>29497731
>>29498060 >>29498145
>>29498672 >>29499487
>>29498684 >>29501821

"Hey, get off there."
"Whatever for?" He doesn't. "Just try not to fish your marefriend."
"You are so big on stories, what happens when you sneak into someone's home?"
He considers it silently for a moment before sliding his head off the door crack.
You resist all of a few seconds before asking, "So what was it?"
"It'd be impolite to tell, yes?"
"Does she collect shells or something?" You try.
"How would I know? It's dark as a wolf's maw in there."
"No wonder..." You sigh, giving an impatient look to the fishing rod.
"You've got a classic tale here, you know."
"A tale." You give Herb a plain look.
"Well yes, a maiden grown too rough for love over the years, secretly craving to be taught about kindness by a knight in shinning armor..."
Seaweed climbs from the water with the spear held in her tail, "Not my type." She says simply before shaking like a wet dog and walking to her fish-cutting table. "What are you doing here?"
"I made a fishing rod for you."
"Oh." She cuts a few fish heads with her butchering knife, "Huh."
"You don't like it?"
"I like to swim, and I get more fish than a rod would." She says carefully, "Thanks anyway, I guess."

Want to answer something before going back to your turf?
>>
>>29501981
Ask if it would be alright to go into her house. You wanna know what a common sea ponies life is like here and you don't think you'll be able to enter random shacks once you go to the city. Or is she not a common mare?
>>
>>29501981
Is she sure she doesn't want to listen to some of our records? Cultural exchange and what not?
>>
>>29501981
>"Not my type."
Meh. Leaf is kind of bland. I don't disagree with her.
>>
>>29501981
>"I like to swim, and I get more fish than a rod would." She says carefully, "Thanks anyway, I guess."
Well fuck. It was worth a shot. Oh well.
>>
>>29501981
Has she ever used a fishing rod before? Does she know what's the best kind of bait to use?
>>
>>29501981
How DO you do that by the way? Swim and catch fish at the same time with a spear.
>>
>>29502027 >>29502028
>>29502038 >>29502051
>>29502093
"How do you do that, anyway?"
"I get in the way of small fish with the spear on my tail and stab them when they panic, and stab the flaps of larger ones."
"That works?"
"Did you know shark and dolphin both taste like shit?" She asks back.
You try not to shudder.
"Use this if you want to catch anything," She throws a piece of what seems to be intestine at you,
"Uhm." You look at the bloody strip hanging from your muzzle, steeling yourself before grabbing it.
"Will you use that or not?" Herb gives it an enraptured look.
"Yes." You spin the reel to find that the first bait fell off at some point, "Damn."
After some more tries to make yourself put the meat -It's just so squishy- Herb hooks this one too, looping it several times around the hook this time.
This time you are successful, hooking a small fish after half an hour of waiting. Herb sighs when you unhook it and throw it back to the water.
"What was that?" Asks Seaweed.
"He threw it back."
"Why."
"Because I don't need to eat this thing yet?"
"So you--" She cuts herself. "Fine."
"I'll go check on my water." You decide to give her more space, "Are you sure you don't wouldn't like some music? Not everything is that the dragon played."
"Just keep the volume low." She concedes after a moment.
"I'll do that." You jump off the elevated walkway and fly back to your turf, checking the water and plants.
The clean water flask is half full, so you fill the others again and taste its water before using some of it for the plants. That should suffice until tomorrow, with this sun.
You grab the cherries bag and eat them distractedly while you riffle through your disks collection... what should you play?

Sorry for the delay, been having serious connection issues.
>>
>>29502847
Something with a pony singing. Or maybe something with a piano or violin. Doubt those are around in world
>>
>>29502847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir1A74UA2YE
Bob Crosby and the Bobcats
They are Griffins
>>
>>29502847
Come one Leaf. Don't be a little bitch. On the chance that the crops are ruined you'll have to rely on fish like Seaweed. Just look at her. She's blind but she still manages to feed and care for yourself.
>>
>>29502859 >>29502892
>>29502953
"Bird And Cats." You read the label, considering it for a moment, then nod to yourself and search for the old vinyl player.
The years of disuse haven't been kind to it, but when you pull the crank its cogs move despite the rust, and soon the deep voices are playing from the gramophone in your turf.
"Is this fine?" You ask her when she peeks from behind her shack, ears erected.
"Can you tone it down a little?" She asks. You push the dial further down, "Yeah, that's fine."
"You like it?"
"It's okay." She slides back behind her shack again. "Eating meat really isn't that bad, you know."
"I'd rather not until I have to." You cringe, thankful that she can't see it.
"It'll take a while to get used to raw fish, take it from me."
"Raw?" You make a face.
"Do you think I have a kitchen in here or something?"
"I don't know?"
"I don't." She says plainly.
You open your mouth, but close it again. A blind mare who lives in the middle of nowhere can take care of herself, shouldn't you be able to?
"Can I start small?"
"Take one of the drying ones." She shrugs.
You gulp and flutter to the rack where the strips of fl-- not flesh, the meat dries under the sun.
You grab the smallest there is from its hook and, covering your nostril with the other hoof, put it in your mouth.
Don't chew.
Don't chew.
You swallow it.
"Was it so bad?" Asks Herb from Seaweed's roof.
You try to answer a 'Yes', but have to swallow vomit instead.

Timeskip the day, or do you want to do something else?
>>
>>29503331
I think we can timeskip. Just need to remember to water our plants.
>>
>>29503331
Don't be a bitch. Keep it down. Maybe wait a few minutes before you go for another piece.
>>
>>29503331
Does Leaf have it in for another piece?
>>
>>29503376
>>29503487
>>29503721
"And now another, yes?" He insists.
You shake your head.
He grabs one and gobbles it down, throwing it up to the air before catching it with a snap of his beak.
"Did the turd steal my food." Asks Seaweed.
"No!" You rush to say.
"Tartarus, Cabbage. Some spine wouldn't hurt."
"Yyyyeah." You give them a look and, holding your breath again, stomach another.
This time you even manage to not vomit inside your mouth.

>--

You wake up in the middle of the night, the reason of it forgotten by the time you have reached a groggy stage of awareness, and completely unminded when you realize that, despite the posibility of nightmare horrors, you also have biological needs. The toilet may not work, but there's the sea...
On your way outside you give a look to the makeshift compass, still working wrong every other minute, and shrug it off.
Once outside you hear Seaweed's door open, and stay silent when she walks with surprising, catlike grace to give a hearty pull to each of the ropes that tie both turfs together.
Odd.
It's not until you are done peeing that you even notice the cold wind blowing from the north-east... can weather produce wind this strong without any land?
Of all the times to have no serious weather pony experience...
>>
>>29504062
Do we have any books on pegasi weather management? You know, line that one gift someone gets you but you never use or read?
>>
>>29504062
I feel like we should ask Seaweed about the wind problem.
>cold wind blowing from the north-east... can weather produce wind this strong without any land?
Is this why Seaweed was checking the ropes? Are we heading into a storm?
>>
>>29504062
What are the chances Leaf owns a generator.
>>
>>29504062
We can tell by now that Weedy has some acute sixth-sense shit going on. Go inside and secure EVERYTHING.
>>
>>29504411
Anon is right. Get the nets, the cable, bunge cords, containers. All the things that can be knocked over.
>>
>>29504139 >>29504244
>>29504411 >>29504473
You fly back inside in the hopes of finding something about weather in any of your books... mainly a weather manual, however outdated...
...nothing of this theorizes about the posibility of a world with no land, but you do glance descriptions of sea storms.
Oh golly.
After tying and boxing everything and having fallen asleep at some point, you are awakened by Herb tapping a nearby window with his beak, wings ruffled.
"Took you long enough," he hops inside and tries to put some order in his feathers, "Almost fell off the damn roof again."
You push the window closed, tearing your eyes from the waves outside, "How bad do you think is it?"
"I know it's weird." After a few tries to straighten a feather he gives up and plucks it, "Not a single cloud, and there should be some at least."

Paused.
>>
>>29504740
Think it might be more of those whales?
>>
>>29504740
Maybe somepony else is taking the ones that form and hoards them?
>>
>>29496754
>>
>>29506330
>>
>>29505802 >>29504999
"Maybe someone is taking them?" You suggest. "Seaweed say they are rare. Or whales."
"Doing that in this wind would take one hell of a pegasus, but I know as much about here as you do."
"Sea may--"
"She's a turf away from us. Unless you want the winds to throw you to the water, yes? Do like a bird and stay in the nice little hidey hole."
>>
>>29510288
I was more thinking groups of them but whatever. We need a rope to tie around ourselves and we can make a loop around the rope connecting our homes and we can walk to sea.
>>
>>29510748
This really. Rope, or wire and some cloth for safety.
>>
>>29510288
I think we should stay inside until the storm settles. We can wait it out like Seaweed then we can ask her.

What it it's a bunch of Sirens making the waves?
>>
>>29511915
Cloth is too weak and wire can cut into flesh. Plus, Leaf needs to work out some more.
>>
>>29510748 >>29511915
>>29512712 >>29512723
"I'd rather know what's going on," You head to the lower floor and, after some scrounging, find a length of rope... you ought to get more of it as soon as possible.
With an end tied to your barrel -with a piece of cloth under it to avoid injuries- and the other to a table too large to pass through the doorway, you step outside.
The wet wind hits you immediately, opening a wing that you force closed after a moment of effort. No flying then.
Which means you'll have to make the jump from your turf to her elevated walkway.
Waves buffet you when you approach the border, but you weather it and, after steeling yourself, run and jump.
Thankfuly, the wind pushes you further strongly enough that you have to shield your face before hitting your snout against the edge of the walkway.
It takes a few minutes and much unstallionly whimpering, but you climb to the walkway and turn around to knock Seaweed's door, thinking that it would've been wiser to have both doors facing each other.
She doesn't answer at first, or the second time, but the third time you knock her door she answers groggily.
"Wadzit?"
"Sea?" You shout over the wind.
"Lemme--" She opens the door, standing perfectly straight with catlike ease despite the way the floor moves. "Whatd'you need?"
"There's a storm, and-"
"Storm?" She peeks outside, the wind hitting her immediately. "Oh."
"You didn't know?" She shrugs, "But I had to tie everything!"
"Everything is always tied here." She says simply.
"I-- Anyway, do you have any idea of what's this?"
"A storm?"
"But there's no clouds!"
"There's no clouds?" She scratches her head. "Maybe a cow's coming down? But it'd be the first time in years one does around here."
>>
>>29512983
Like she's know if there were any clouds.
>>
>>29512983
Maybe it is a cow then. Or there is something else going on.
>>
>>29512983
>>29513129
Is cow another name for the flying whales? I feel like I'm missing something.
>>
>>29512983
Note to self: keep everything valuable tied down.
>>
>>29512983
We came over since Seaweed is the only one with experience.
>>
>>29512983
(I forgot what was a cow) could it be sirens? A sea monster? More flying whales?
Living on the ocean is nerve racking.
>>
>>29513142
>>29513779
A cow is a female whale.
>>
Maybe there is something magical happening. Perhaps a group of unicorns?
>>
>>29514957
Bump
>>
>>29485852
>>
>>29516747
>>
>>29517346
BUMP!
>>
>>29518652
>>
>>29519803
>>
>>
This is probably just another mystery in this world.
>>
>>29513901 >>29513779
>>29513770 >>29513161
>>29513142 >>29513129
>>29513901
"Do you have any idea of something else that could do this? Like a bunch of unicorns or some kind of sea monster?"
"Dunno why would unicorns do this," She yawns, "Is the sun even out yet?"
You turn around to check, "Just barely, but what about a monster?"
"If there was any around I'd know." She sighs, head low, "Look, I can't exactly take a look and I don't think you can fly in this weather, so unless you can think of something else..." She shrugs, "Try not to be a nerve wreck if it's actually any of those." She pauses, then peeks outside again, "Oh."
"What?"
"The wind's pushing us the opposite direction from the city."
>>
>>29522730
Should we wait it out?
>>
>>29522730
Wow
Again sorry Seaweed for waking you up in the middle of the night, but what should we do if we're being blown to the opposite direction of the city? Just continue drifting until the waves pass? Should we adjust the sails?
>>
>>29522730
Oh that's really not good.
>>
>>29522730
Man this new land - sea. This new place is bullshit.
>>
>>29522730
How is Seaweed so cool and collected?
>>
>>29485852
>>
>>29524990
>>
Salt sea sailor Seaweed
>>
This wind is really annoying.
>>
Seaweed X Lettuce Leaf OTP
Let's make it happen people.
>>
>>29524127 >>29524126
>>29523996 >>29523920
>>29522777 >>29530190
"Away?" A pit forms on your gut. "Look, sorry that I keep waking you up in the middle of the night," You cringe, "But do you have any idea? Like taking off the sails?"
"With this wind they'll drag you away."
"Tying them? Will they catch less wind that way?"
She slides out with a groan, closing the door with the tip of her tail, and after feeling around with her hoof grabs the closest rope, "Get on it, far away."
"Just let me--" You climb her shack -Mildly scared of making the old thing fall to pieces in the process- and start pulling as well, "Girl, I am not liking this place. At all."
"Really." She ties her rope and passes to the next, ignoring the wave that hits her.
"Just how are you so calm!?" You shout over the wind louder than you need to.
"Not like we can do anything about this." She gives a pull to the other she grabbed and ties it. "Might as well keep my energies for things in my reach," She ties the rope.
"But what will we even do other than this? Just wait it out?"
"Sounds like a plan." She grabs another. "Unless you want to rotate watches or something."
>>
>>29531130
I guess we just have to wait it out then.
>>
>>29531130
The first few weeks are always the hardest.
>>
>>29531130
We I guess you can't fault that logic. Here's Leaf wasting physical and emotional energies while Seaweed is taking everything in stride.
>>
>>29528169
>>
>>29532386
>>
>>29485852
Bamp
>>
I thouht I'd have time to write the update today, but I didn't. IWill try to do so from work.
>>
>>29531130
rotating watch or waiting it out, whatever you think is the best choice.
>>
>>29531130
Think lewd thoughts about Seaweed when she's not nearby.
>>
Seaweed in a swimsuit.
>>
>>29531130
>*worried horse noises*
>>
>>29531130
Leaf needs to bulk up
>>
>>29531130
lament the possibility of never returning home. Maybe you're not in the same world anymore, which would make return neigh impossible. You'll be stuck eating fish all day and collecting drift wood. You pegasi magic is barely useful with so little clouds that can be found.
>>
We should get to work on making those crops. We could make a fortune if we can make a deal with with the sirens to bring soil or whatever from the ocean floors.
>>
>>29531130
Whatever did we do with that little cloud?
>>
>>29539429
Bump
>>
>>29531142 >>29531206
>>29531223 >>29534598
>>29535199 >>29537614
>>29538253 >>29538902
"I'd like it if there was someone awake." You say after a moment.
"Normally I wake up an hour or two from now," She ties the last rope within her hoof reach, "Give me that long to fish and I'll replace you."
"You'll swim in this weather?" You make a face.
She shrugs, tying herself.
"Uhm, alright." You cringe, "Be careful, alright?"
"I am." She makes sure both ends of the rope -one around her leg and the other to a mast besides her fish-cutting table- are properly tied, "Thanks anyway." She jumps to the water without any further ado.
One hell of a mare. And also in very good shape...
...and with one huge turn off of a personality.
You sigh and climb down from the shack, then make the -harder from the wind pushing you the wrong direction- jump back to your turf, pulling the rope midair just in time to not fall to the water.
Adjusting the ropes around your home takes less time, but by the time you enter again you are panting from the effort of it.
"Seems like you'll need some exercise." Says Herb when you close the door, perched on a nearby shelf.
"Tell me about it." You sigh, leaning on the door, "Have you thought that we might be stuck here?"
"Haven't you? Not all stories have a happy ending. We just like those better."
"And what will you do if this one doesn't?"
"Learn stories and share the ones I have, like any bard oughts to." He ruffles his feathers, "Probably tell this one, too. But I'd like better to do that back home. You?"
"Maybe I'll see if I can get sirens to bring me soil, then start a farm. I'll probably do well."
"Once a farmer, always a farmer?"
"Tell me about it."
"A farmer, a bard, and a bitch enter a bar..." Herb leaves it in the air. "You don't got nothing short term?"
"You got any idea?"
"Well, a lump of dirt isn't exactly the most hydrodynamic shape... you might want to look into building a helm around it."
>>
>>29540597
With what material? Just hope I get enough of the drift wood that manages to float up from the sea occasionally? I also don't know anything about boats. I also wanna meet more ponies from this world.
>>
>>29540597
Good idea. Problem is what materials I can use. Maybe another deal with sirens? Maybe use some unicorn magic mumbo-jumbo to make things denser then water float since wood is such a rarity. Like coral?
>>
>>29540597
Well better "build a helm" on the to do bucket list. Who knows, maybe Leaf may know a thing or two about fixing boats. It can't be as hard as carpentry.
>>
Seaweed is cute when she's playing with the earth.
>>
>>29541417
Watching her learn about proper earth ponies was hopefully similar to Seaweed watching Lettuce in his new environment. His helplessness is cute.
>>
>>29540638 >>29540747
>>29540780
"I..." You pause for a moment, cringing. "I don't know how to make boats."
"Can't be so hard to learn. Lots of heres and theres around, yes?"
"I wouldn't mind meeting some more people... and one of them might teach me." You add. "Do you think we could use wood? Sea said it's rare here."
"Her house looks like wood."
"And is falling to pieces. Maybe we could use something else. If they got dragons they should have some metal, right? Or maybe we can get unicorns to enchant something else, or sirens."
"It sounds like you'd have to put pretty penny into it, yes?"
"I'll think of something," You set yourself upright with a sigh and head to the kitchen. "How does people get fire without smoke around here when there's no unicorns around?"
"Stored spells?"
"I heard those aren't easy to do." After a long look you decide for a cup of cold coffee, "The more I learn of this place, the more unfriendly it seems to cooks."
"Raw food?" You make a face, but don't say anything. "Hey, is it me or does the wind sound different now?" He asks after a moment.
>>
>>29542167
It probably does though it's not like we know what it means.
>>
>>29542167
What do you mean by, "sounds different?" So you hear singing? Howing? Wailing? Is the wind tapping down to a speed that wont knock me around?
>>
>>29542167
Man. When we get to the city we're going to need to sit down and study all of the useful books Leaf may have. It's better then nothing.
>>
>>29542167
>"Hey, is it me or does the wind sound different now?" He asks after a moment.
When will this hell end? First the whales, then the violent winds, and now there's an odd wind sound.
Can Leaf identify this wind sound?
>>
>>29542167
Investigate the noise.
>>
>>29542167
Can we look outside to check if Seaweeds rope is still connected?
>>
>>29544031
Bump
>>
>>29542535 >>29542589
>>29542600 >>29543347
>>29544031
"Different how?" You go back to the doorway and open the door a smidgen-- receiving a faceful of wind in the process. "Ah. It's coming from the east now."
"But still away from that city of ours, yes?"
"Not as much as a moment ago." You peek outside in spite of the wind and see that yes, Seaweed's rope is still firmly tied.
There's a loud clang in the kitchen, and when you go back there you see that the needle's oscillating again-- this time strongly enough to make the cup it's in shake every time it hits eastwards.
>>
>>29545678
What? So where ever the wind blows is the direction of the needle? This place is inconsistent.
>>
>>29545678
There a chance we can guide the boats closer to the city? We're not blowing against the wind so maybe it'll be easier.
>>
>>29545678
Investigate the improvised compass.
>>
>>29545678
If an old guy from a Disney movie could make a helm, then so can Leaf!
>>
>>29545678
Fix the compass and watch it
>>
>>29549318
What's there to fix? It's just a needle in a cork floating in a cup of water, with the tip of the needle slightly coated in magnet.
>>
>>29545678
Do Leaf has a stash of porn magazine?
>>
bmup
>>
>>29552104
No
>>
The sea is truly terrible.
>>
QM should post more frequently.
>>
>>29545887 >>29546212
>>29547180 >>29548443
>>29549318
"What's that?" Asks Herb from the living room.
"The compass' at it again." You grab the cork to feel the pull. "East now."
"Any way we could take the turfs to the city now?"
"Can't really say," You put the cork back in the water, "We could use a capt--"
"Far away?" Calls Sea from outside.
"Huh?" You open the door, "So soon?"
"Fish were feisty today." She lifts the fish-filled spear held on her tail, some of them still moving weakly, "If you wanted to sleep any more do it now."
"Ask her about the compass." Prompts Herb.
You nod, "Hey, did I mention compasses are freaking nuts here?"
"What's with the compass?" She leaves the fish on her table.
"Keeps pointing in the direction the wind comes from."
"It's definitely a cow then." She grabs her knife, "Weird. They don't like getting so low."

>>29554869
Yeah, sorry for the slow drift but lately I've been half dead, and today I planned to dedicate a few hours to this but had to do stuff
>>
>>29554974
Maybe something is happening to it?
>>
>>29554974
>On a scale of one to ten, one being nothing bad and ten being horrible, how worried should I be?
Do we have a shed on our turn? Grab a machete or a hoe.
>>
>>29554974
A compass is a little piece of magnetized metal that can freely rotate to show direction. It's supposed to always point to the north though so either there isn't a magnetic north or there's something else that's confusing it.
>>
>>29555123
She's not asking what is a compass anon. She's asking what is wrong with it.
>>
>>29555216
Misread.
>>
>>29555011 >>29555101
>>29555123
"You do know what's a compass, right?"
"The needle points north, yes." She says curtly.
"So the cow's attracting the needle."
"Most of the time they are too high for anyone to notice." She says simply.
"So on a scale of one to ten, how bad is this?" You try to remember if you have anything that could be used as a weapon again, and can only think of the knives and some gardening shovels.
"Bad? Cows aren't bad. They just don't like water. Let me remember..." She pauses for a moment, "If you feel tingly it means that it's close. And tell your bird not to fly until this passes."
"I ain't no one's!" Shouts Herb.
"Already told her that," You turn back to Sea and shout again, "If they hate water, why is it coming down?"
"Maybe her mates aren't giving her enough water and she's thirsty," She shrugs, "I ain't no veterinarian."
>>
>>29555284
I still don't understand most of the stuffing going around here. The Dragon was a whole lot more informative the Sea, or maybe these subjects we've discussed with her are the confusing things and not her.
Man. Farming was never this complicated. Well actually it can be but semantics.
>>
>>29555284
How long does it usually for one to pass?
>>
>>29555284
Are there really yelling across from their respective homes at each other?
>>
>>29555317
>>29555339
>>29555435
"Have you got any idea of how long will it last?" You think of going closer to her to not shout, but the wind's buffeting you savagely enough already.
"I'd have to know where it is for that" She smells a fish and throws it back to the sea making a face, "But last time it happened she flew away after three days."
>>
>>29555756
Can we try looking for this cow from the safer of our home through the window?
>>
>>29555756
Well. I'm out of ideas. Let's try waiting this out.
>>
File: 09 - Whales dude.png (118KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
09 - Whales dude.png
118KB, 1400x1000px
>>29555765
"Give me a sec," You head upstairs and look outside from the window, then open it, telescope on hoof, to have a wider range of view. "Yeah, moving east of us."
"How high?"
You don't answer, too busy staring at the humongous beast.
"Far away?"
"Five or six kilometres, it's too big for me to tell." You try to adjust the telescope to see it better, "Sixish hundred meters over the water. I think there's a lot of smaller whales around her."
"Yes, whales are at it most of the time."
You try to adjust the telescope again, "Really? Doesn't look like that."
Paused
>>
>>29556247
>> I think there's a lot of smaller whales around her."
>"Yes, whales are at it most of the time."
You try to adjust the telescope again, >>"Really? Doesn't look like that."
Is there something wrong with me? What is...what? I think I need some sleep.
>>
Bump, I need to catch up.
>>
>>29556247
Must be magic. How else would a whale be flying out of water.
>>
10 bump !!!
>>
File: 10 - Sexy.png (218KB, 512x784px) Image search: [Google]
10 - Sexy.png
218KB, 512x784px
>>29557968 >>29556554
>>29556174
"It's probably in my head." You put the telescope in a table near the window, "I'll go sleep some more."
"I'll call you if anything happens." Shouts back Sea.
You are awaken what feels like several hours later by a painful poke on your cheek, and then fluttering when you try to hit whoever did it by reflex.
"Sorry pal, you were down like a rock." Herb hops to the window, "But the thing is a bit too close for my tastes, y'know."
Trying to ignore the annoying tingles in all of your body, you stand and check outside-- now the whale's only a kilometre or so away, the wind of her powerful flap beats making the window pane rattle in its frame.
>>
>>29559665
I have no idea what this whale wants.
>>
>>29559665
Fucking flying whales. I think we're supposed to tell Sea or be worried if we get a tingle.
>>
>>29559665
I have no clue what in looking at.
>>
>>29561246
hhmm
>>
>>29562729
What?
>>
File: 10 - Off me.png (6KB, 528x187px) Image search: [Google]
10 - Off me.png
6KB, 528x187px
>Posted the wrong image
End me
>>
>>29563846
Tell Seaweed about the whale in the water. It's a little too close for comfort.
>>
>>29563846
I don't think we need to tell Sea about the whale. It's too obvious to not notice.
>>
>>29564329
Bump
>>
>>29563846
>End me
No. This is your purgatory.
>>
>>29566027
Bump
>>
>>29563846
ohhh...
>>
File: 011 - Afro weed lmao.png (6KB, 422x376px) Image search: [Google]
011 - Afro weed lmao.png
6KB, 422x376px
>>29563939 >>29559971
I open the window, "Sea? Can you hear me?"
You wait for a moment. There's no answer.
You run downstairs and to her shack, heart beating in your chest, "Sea!?"
"What." She shouts back, walking out of her shack.
You can't answer, you eyes on her. She taps her hoof impatiently.
"You mane..."
"What's with it?"
"Nothing." You gulp, "The whale's really close."
"So that's why the wind was so strong. You should open the sails."
"Open them now?" You shoot the whale a look, "But the wind'll tear them away!"
"And they'll push us away from the whale--" It sings, making Sea stop immediately.
You watch her in confusion, a feeling that only becomes more intense when her patches grow humid.
"What's-" She lifts one, and tears start falling through her cheeks, "How high is it?"
"Barely above the water-"
"That's wrong." She says after a moment, trying to clean the tears unsuccessfully, "I-" The whale sings again, producing another burst of tears- and this time you notice you are weeping too- "What's wrong with the thing? It should be flying up by--" She's muted by another song, the smaller whales joining in this time in a ear-hurting crescendo, "Oh, shut up you lousy bastards!"
>>
>>29571553
Damn. Sea's got the funk. Ow!
We got tha, funk! Ya that funk!
>>
>>29571553
Maybe we should fly over to it and check it out? While wearing cotton balls in our ears.
>>
>>29571667
They're producing some mighty winds. We might get knocked into the water.
>>29571553
Sea, this isn't normal for me. Why am I crying?
>>
>>29571553
Please tell me Herb will perch himself in here mane. Just fucking look at it.
>>
>>29571553
Touch her mane. It looks so fluffy.
>>
>>29571553
Is she sure we should put up the sails? Well, if she's sure, let's put them up.
>>
>>29571553
Great. They're crying tears for some odd reason. I hope they don't die like in one of those horror films.
>>
beb
>>
>>29571553
Does she have pretty eyes?
>>
>>29574140
Bump
>>
>>29574140
Probably not.
>>
>>29575390
Rood. I bet they're beautiful.
>>
>>29575768
No they nut
>>
>>29573951
>>
>>29578290
>>
>>29571654 >>29571667
>>29571727 >>29572234
>>29572243 >>29572268
>>29572946 >>29574140
>>29575390 >>29575768
"What's going on with them?" You give up on trying to clear the tears after a few attempts.
"Whale songs. I hate them." She tries to clear her cheeks, frustrated.
"The whales make you cry?"
"Oh, people goes on about how nice they can be when they are fine." She heads into her shed irritated, "But I never hear those, Second time I've heard and it did this last time too."
"Can I ask you something weird?" You lean on her shed, mostly stop having to resist the wind's push constantly, and notice that you yourself are also sporting a fluffy mane.
"As opposed to?"
You ignore the quip, the curiosity too much for you to care, "Can I see your eyes?"
It takes her a moment to answer- simply peeking out of the shed without her eye patches, areas where the skin underneath is paler hinting at where she usually wears them.
Both of them are a nearly white blue, noticeably few red veins contrasting against her yellowed corneas.
"Done?" She slides back inside without waiting for an answer.
"What are you doing in there?" You ask when she doesn't come back outside,
"Checking the ropes."
The whale sings again, making your eyes tear up. "Would it sound too crazy if I said I want to help her?"
"Yes."
"She may be hurt!"
"She may hurt us. Maybe you could fly in from above, but maybe they are throwing wind in that direction too. You can't swim worth shit, so reaching her from under the surface's not an option either,." She walks outside again, "So yes. It sounds as crazy to me as it probably sounds virtuous to you."

I owe you all the drawing, it's 5 AM already.
>>
>>29580322
Now now, let's not be dumb here. Trying to help the whale may turn into a disaster very quickly. I'm against it, let's just get out of here.
>>
beb
>>
>>29580322
Lets crack the sails and get the houses moving. Unless we know what's wrong with her there's really no way to help.
>>
>>29581390
Yeah we can always sew the sails back together if they break.
>>
>>29580322
>It takes her a moment to answer- simply peeking out of the shed without her eye patches, areas where the skin underneath is paler hinting at where she usually wears them.
>Both of them are a nearly white blue, noticeably few red veins contrasting against her .
Lol wut m8? Is the "nearly white blue" mean she has blue irises, or blue eyes like Shining Armor? The red veins are probably from her never blinking and the salt water. Paler skin indicates she almost never takes off the eye patches, or wears them the majority of the time. The yellowed corneas has me worried though. I don't know if it could be any virus or bacteria since Seaweed is a hermit and has minimal contact. The most likely case for her yellowing eyes is scurvy. It's a good thing we came along. In a few weeks we should have that cleared up so long as we feed her fruits and veggies regularly.
>>
>>29580322
>>29581724 (cont.)
Ask if she's been having any muscle pain, bleeding of the gums, or discomfort with her gums. That'll be a definite case of the scurvy.
She needs an increase in vitamin C. Eventually she'll die from bleeding or from an infection if she does not get that needed increase of vitamins. Sure she's eaten seaweed ocasionally but it a poor diet. God it's a wonder she's still alive. It must be her being an earth pony that keeps her hardy and tough for as long as it had. We can't feed her anything from the garden just yet since it's all still growing, but if we have some Vitamin C dietary supplement drops or powder then we can give her those.

Hopefully it'll make her company a little more plesant.
>>
>>29581379
>>
>>29581724
>never blinking
Sounds like that would suck.
>>
>>29583165
That or she doesn't feel anything in her eyes anymore. That slightly saline water, even if significantly less salty then sea water, will still do a number to eyes and skin.
>>
>>29581724
By never blinking I assume you mean she keeps her eyes shut all the time. Can't see any reason you'd stop blinking otherwise.
>>
>>29583853
A lot of blind people lack the blinking reflex. That's why they use patches.
>>
>>29580322
You could swim there while I hold onto you. We'll even help paddle.
>>
>>29584326
I don't think that's a good idea. This thing is a kilometre away and probably causing big waves underneath it.
>>
>>29580322
How can Leaf tell the whale is hurt?
>>
>>29584326
No point in going to the whale.
>>
>>29580322
After this shit storm is over I want us to sit Sea down in our bathroom or kitchen and figure out all the things wrong with her.
Speaking of kitchen, we need more food. I don't even remember what we have left in our fridge and pantry. I know we have plenty of water.
>>
Salty sea dog bump
>>
beb
>>
>>29571553
Someone add googly eyes to her eye patches.
>>
>>29580322
So should we wait it out or open the sails? If we open the sails where should we be moving our homes?
>>
>>29580322
>*Worried horse noises*
>>
>>29589065
>*Very worried horse noises*
>>
>>29587457
>>
>>29590522
>>
>>29591591
No
>>
>>29580586 >>29581390 >>29581410
>>29581724 >>29581771 >>29583165
>>29583725 >>29583853 >>29584097
>>29584326 >>29584360 >>29585477
>>29585651 >>29586475 >>29588489
"Are you sure?" You ruffle your wings uncomfortably, "Maybe you could swim while carrying me?"
"I could. But could you fly afterwards?"
You cringe, and after a moment's hesitation admit defeat, "I'll go untie my sails."
"Keep the last rope in place until I tell you to." She pushes you off her way to start undoing knots herself. "And try to be inside when you do."
It's not until nearly an hour later that you are done, the ropes you tied while flying especially bothersome to reach, and peek out from the second floor's window, "Sea? I am done here!" You hold the last rope on your hoof.
"Let go at one!" She shouts from the inside of her shed, "Three...! Two...!"
You both let go of it at the same time, the sails expanding with a mighty flap that shakes all your furniture and almost throws you off the window.
Herb bounces against your rump and nearly falls of too, grabbing to an ear with a painful clench of his beak and abundant cursing under his breath.
Nearly an hour is spent like that, both of you too afraid that any movement breaking your precarious hold as both turfs nearly glide over the water, the waters parting with your advance.
The slowing down only happens when your sails break, the cloth holding one side too strained and falling limply to the water barely held close by some nearly broken rope.
Almost immediately after Sea's shed hits your turf-- stopping immediately, making your teeth rattle, and bouncing you back inside.
Herb lets go of your ear stiffly, holding his head at an awkward angle due to what you can only guess is an overexerted neck.
"That happened." He says after a moment. You nod, not sure enough of your legs to stand yet.
A few heartbeats pass.
"I never want that to happen again." He adds.

Left some things queued.
>>
>>29592908
At last, something we can agree on. Check on Sea while I drag that sail in would you?
>>
>>29592908
Go get the cloth before it's lost to the sea.
>>
>>29592908
>Left some things queued.
lol wat? I'm feeling stupid right now.
>>
>>29592993
That means I couldn't fit some action s in this post for a variety of reasons and that they'll be executed automatically ASAP.
>>
>>29593016
Thank you for satisfying my stupidity.
>>
>>29592908
An elastic or inelastic collision? Is her house like wedged into our front yard? Celrstia's tits man we gotta go check on her.
>>
>>29593785
Bump
>>
>>29592908
>I never want that to happen again." He adds.
You and me both.
>>
hey
>>
happening bump
>>
>>29592962 >>29592987
>>29593785 >>29595101
"You and me both," You take a few deep breaths and stand on shaking hooves. "Can you check on Sea?"
"My displeasure." Herb hops away, probably not daring use his wings yet.
With a turning stomach you walk downstairs to pull the sail back into your turf, trying to ignore the weakness on your arms. The wind isn't as strong anymore, at least.
"Ah, boss?" Herb hops to you when you are about halfway done with the sails, "Called her, she's not answering."
You groan and walk to her shed, trying not to worry too much when you are already as upset as you are.
"Sea?" You knock her door, "You there?"
You are about to force the door open when she groans, saying something indistinct.
"Are you fine?" You wonder if you can muster the strength to buck the door open.
She mutters again, her words only half intelligible, "'m fine, just...'" There's a thump, "...jus' need a m'ment"
>>
>>29597956
I dunno Sea. I did you get a concussion? Can you undo the lock?
>>
>>29597956
Try resting a bit against her shack to regain your strength.
>>
>>29597956
Go in to help her. She sounds shook up.
>>
>>29597956
Buck the door. Better her angry then dead.
...or just use the door knob?
>>
>>29597956
What happened?
>>
>>29598086 >>29598118 >>29598229
>>29598246 >>29598266

"Can you open the door?" You do your best to keep the anxiety in check and try to push it, but the only answer is the click of a lock on the other side. "Try to lean against the wall if your legs won't hold you." You do the same.
She grunts something in response, and nearly a minute later the door opens a smidgen.
When she doesn't come out, you slide in carefully and feel around until your hoof touches something warm- and wet and with exactly the wrong feel to it.
You pull her into the light that enters through the door to have a good look of her-- A wound on her forehead is bleeding, blood streaming down a side of her face.
"What happened?" You try to find anything that could be used to cover the wound, but the place is so dark you can barely make out any shapes.
"Jus' a bum..." She stops talking for a moment, "Jus' a bump, n'thin els..."
>>
>>29598305
Do we have a first aid kit? If so take her to our home.
>>
>>29598305
I think you have concussion. I need to clean and wrap this wound and watch you for the next few hours to make sure you don't get worse. Please don't argue, I'm not going to accept a no on this.
>>
>>29598357
Depending on the depth of the Gash we may need to sue sutures to stitch her head up.
>>
>>29598305
Open her door as far as it can. Maybe we might the light we can navigate her home and look for some medical stuff.
>>
>>29598305
If we can find some cloth to press against her head then we'll either have to take her to our home or bind her head and grab a first aid kit.
>>
>>29598305
Tough waifu is in trouble
>>
>>29598339 >>29598357
>>29598408 >>29598423
>>29598454 >>29599097

"Come here, I..." You open the door completely and, with your eyes better adapted to the darkness, recognize one of the objects in the darkness as a pile of clothing.
You grab what's closest to your hooves and press it against her wound, "Come with me,"
"Ahm..." She tries to resist your pull, but her tries are too feeble. "I... I just need'to..."
"Can't you can it for once?" You pull her onto your back to jump over the water between your homes, noticing how damaged the border of yours was by the hit.
Herb makes no comment at first when you enter your home, holding the bloodied clothing against her head with an equally bloodied wing, but gets you a piece of clean cloth when you put her on the floor and take the patches off.
"Give--" Sea makes a grab for the cloth when you start cleaning and nearly falls over. "Gimme that."
"Just once." You insist, cleaning the blood to see how large is the wound. "Just shut up one goddamn time." She mutters something you can't make out and decide to ignore.
The thin, bleeding line goes from above her eye to under her ear, nearly ten centimeters long and surrounded by bruise.
"It's not a good moment to tell you there's other ships around, isn't it?" Asks Herb. "The wind was pushing them too."
>>
>>29599680
Nothing much we can do about it right now, and I doubt they'd have anything that could help with this.
>>
>>29599710
They could be pirates that want our dirt. Go get the knives Leaf. After you fix Sea. It's you or them.
>>
>>29599680
Do we have any alcohol in the bathroom mirror?
>>
>>29599680
Here's what I think. Either this is a hodge podge or random ships, or a fleet of Pirates that were blown away.
>>
>>29599680
Alright. We all know that Sea has shitty health but can still tough it out because she's an earth pony. Nigga we gonna fix this bitch up, and this is how we gon do it.
First, we need our nigga Herb to play watch and tell us if the other boats try anything. Nigga better not talk about him being free or some bullshit.
Keep applying pressure, but if the bitch don't stop bleeding on your floor you should do something. If, IF she do have scury then she gon keep bleeding, maybe ever after applying some fucking sutures. Bitch 'd be mad if we made a fire to cauterize it, so use super glue. And yeah people done that before and it worked. Just make sure to clean the wound before applying.
>>
Paused for the night.
>>
>>29600061
Good night. Don't let the deep sea eldritch monsters bite.
>>
beb
>>
>>29599680
Ask Herb if the boats have a skull and crossbones flag.
>>
>>29599680
>>29599994
Actually anon, there are a few issues with using "superglue." Here's a video of a guy explaining it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1m15s&v=NGEYRpJTR5Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlUxNz8vBjM&t=1m9s
>>
>>29601202
>>
>>29601202
>>
>>29603313
>>
>>29599680
Romance when?
>>
>>29599710 >>29599847 >>29599868
>>29599872 >>29599994 >>29601429
>>29601747
"What are they like?" You head for the bathroom and grab a half empty bottle of alcohol, trying not to squeak when you notice just how much blood was spilled over you. "Any pirate flag?" You half joke.
"Didn't see any." Herb perches on your back, "A few had cannons, though."
You spray alcohol over the wound and clean it as well as you can, "Could you keep an eye on them?"
"Aye aye." He hops to the open door and stands on the grass.
"What about their canons?" You decide the wound's as clean as you'll get it and press the cloth against it, trying to think what to do. What if it needs stitching? Or cauterizing?
"I think a few's trained on us, but they aren't coming here." He's silent for a moment, "There's a few foals over there too."
>>
>>29605154
Okay, so probably not pirates then. If they are, we won't be able to do must to stop them. For now, we should concentrate on Sea. The wound doesn't seem to be very deep, so stitches would probably be excessive. Some bandaids to hold the surface closed and/or with some firmly wrapped bandages might be good enough, unless we have super glue.
>>
>>29605154
Foals? Well whatever. Can Herb tell us if they get any closer, call out to us, or try to board us?
>>
>>29605243
Oh, and tell Sea she has to stay awake. If Herb was feeling brave he could possibly go ask if there are any competent healers willing to help us.
>>
>>29605154
Well pressing the cloth against it isn't going to work. Try stitching it and wrapping it.
>>
>>29605154
This isn't really too bad. It could've been worse if she had split her skull on something, and this is, maybe life threatening if untreated for half an hour or so. She's got plenty of blood left.
The concussion isn't life threatening. Give her some time to rest and she'll be good as new.
>>
>>29605154
Ask how Sea's doing. Is she still with us? Can she form coherent sentences yet?
>>
>>29605154
Good, the wound has been disinfected. Now fix her before she bleeds to death. Does Leaf have any lighter fluid to heat up a piece of metal or gunpowder? Both will seal the wound. Each with varying levels or time and pain. The gun powder in an instant, the cauterizing for a few seconds.

Meh. Just keep pressure on the wound until Herb does or doesn't go to check on the other ship. If he doesn't ask Sea (if she can talk) if she has some foreign medicine we can use on her. This places is fucking weird, so I don't see why should wouldn't have any means to treat herself.
>>
>>29605154
There must have been a few occasions where she's cut herself. Any who keep her head/wound elevated to control the bleeding, stitch her up, apply a clean bandage, and call it a day.
>>
>>29605154
Can we take another look at her eyes? Does she actually have scurvy? Can Lettuce identify scurvy?
>>
penis
>>
>>29605154
Describe the foals? The parents? Do they appear hostile? Cautious? Scared? Shakened? Will we have to deal with craziness every other minute.
>>
beb
>>
>>29606921
Triggered.
>>
Bmup
>>
>>29605243 >>29605257
>>29605258 >>29605281
>>29605318 >>29605332
>>29605456 >>29605491
>>29605698 >>29606060
"Sea?" You slap her softly like you remember a medic doing when the same happened to you, "Can you hear me?"
She mumbles something indistinct.
"Can you understand me?" She tries to talk again and after a moment nods. "Try to stay awake, alright? I--" That wound. It'll need points, being so large. "I'll go find a few things." You smile awkwardly and turn to Herb, "Keep an eye on her."
"Bu--" You walk past him and go to Sea's shed hoping that you'll find something that can help, giving a look to the boats on your way.
It looks like a caravan, most of the boats in tight formation and some outer ones keeping their cannons visibly trained on you. There's some houses tied to the rear end, even, and a foal that's watching you through a telescope.
Your wing. You hadn't realized just how bloody it was before, and cover it self-consciously.
"Herb?" You call him, "You up to flying yet?"
"How far?" He peeks out, giving dubious looks to the boats. "I still need some preening."
"Get started." You say gruffly, trying not to think about stitching too much.
It's hard to see in the shed, but after a minute your eyes begin adapting and you can make out at least some details.
As she said everything in the shed is tied-- Fasted to the walls and floor and covered in cloths, with very few things let loose.
You file through the bags and, after a moment find a bottle of amber, shimmering liquid.
Sweet nectar. You down too much (Yet barely enough) of it in a single gulp and return to your home to find the needles and... what is one even supposed to use on this?
Plastic twine. Plastic twine isn't poisonous, and you can clean it.
1/2
>>
"You still there?" You peek into the living room nervously, where you left Sea. She mumbles what might be a yes.
Once you've washed the small coil of plastic twine and sterilized by burning some of the rum, you take a few deep breaths to work yourself up to it. don't freak out, don't freak out, it's just some stitching, just like a cover...
You hug her from behind, her back against your lower belly, and hold her head carefuly with a hoof and the needle with the other, and it's not like a cover at all. The stitch start bleeding immediately, and even in the state she is she reacts immediately, barely missing your groin with her elbow.
"Wha..." She struggles to break free, "Whos..."
"It's me," You say as calmly as you can. "You are hurt."
"Far?" She struggles a little less.
"Yeah."
She calms down, "Jus... jus do it quick."
You nod and start stitching again, trying to insert the needle in the same place as before.
It's not like a cover at all.
Sea's considerable musculature goes rigid, her jaw tensing, but the only sound she produces is that of her accelerated breathing, and when Herb lands outside you are done- Exhausted, but done.
"Heeeey," The pegasus that accompanied him tries not to look at your bloody hooves and caked wing, "You... You fine there bud?"
2/2
>>
>>29609992
She took a nasty blow to her head and we're no doctor.
>>
>>29609992
Give her a bit of the rum?
>>
>>29609992
No, not really.

Leafy is gonna have to lay down for a bit after all that.
>>
>>29609992
Do I look fine to you? Can you help her head wound or what? Because I'm very scared.
>>
>>29609992
Can you check her head? I tried all I could.
>>
>>29609992
What d-do you fucking think?
>>
>>29609992
Physically yes. Mentally wrought with worry.
>>
>>29609992
It's not my blood. My friend is hurt.
>>
>>29609992
Start crying like a little bitch because you're afraid for Seas life.
>>
>>29609992
Who are you?
>>
>>29610051 >>29610180
>>29610182 >>29610190
>>29610200 >>29610487
>>29610835 >>29610860
You say the most polite thing you can manage, which is:
"Do I fucking look fucking fine?"
It feels more like vomiting than talking. Cursing's not your forte.
The pegasus flutters to see over my shoulder, "And her?"
"Lik shid" She manages to say, still resting against your belly.
"Get me the bottle from the kitchen." You cut the plastic twine coming out of Sea's forehead and make what you hope isn't a knot you aren't supposed to do. The pegasus nods and rushes there, probably only to not be in the same room as you and Sea for a moment.
You down another gulp when he gives it to you and offers it to Sea, who after some hesitation downs the entire thing.
"Are you sure that's..." Sea moves just enough to give him a look, making him step back.
You spend a moment like that, too tired to move yet.
"Who are you?" You ask the pegasus, who only stands there awkwardly shuffling his wings.
"Rev, do..." You don't notice you offered the bloody hoof until he cringes, "Our medic's busy, but you look like you could catch some zees." His wings move continuously while he talks, small twitches of the tips that get on your already worn off nerves, "I could see if I can take leave to keep an eye on her?"
>>
>>29612476
Check the head wound. Is it still bleeding? Also does Leaf have the knowledge to make his own alcohol or moonshine?
>>
>>29612476
Sleep? Now? While I'm still caked in blood? Not a chance. Go to the bathroom sink to wash off all the blood from your hooves and wings.
Actually, I wonder how "clean" is the sea water because I'm considering having Leaf wash his hooves in the ocean in favor of using the limited water he has in his tank, because salt is a natural cleaner or some shit, but there might be some microbial creatures that thrive in saline waters.
>>
>>29612476
Apologize to Sea.
>>
>>29612476
Can't say I trust him really, but it might be good to have him stay a while so we can learn about his group.
>>
beb
>>
bemp
>>
>>29614793
>>
>>29613367 >>29613400
>>29613556 >>29614223
"I'd prefer to stay with her." You look down at her wound. It still bleeds, but it's only a tickle now.
You look at the empty bottle, longing for it to be filled. Maybe you should unrust your distilling skills later.
"Hey, is the water safe to clean wounds?" You ask Rev.
"The water?" He seems surprised by the question. "Yeah, we aren't close to any city."
"Could you bring some? There's bowls in the kitchen."
"On it," After some rummaging he goes outside with a few plastic bowls and brings them back, filled with water, "Guy, this place is weird."
You nod disinterestedly, cleaning first your hooves and then her stitching, leaving your wing for last, "How do you feel?"
"Dizzy." She says after a moment.
"Sorry."
"Don be." She groans, "I wanna sleep."
"You've got a contusion."
"I gnow." Her eyes start closing, but she opens them again.
>>
>>29617106
You gotta stay up for a while Sea. Tap your hooves or something.
>>
>>29617106
Sleeping with a concussion won't kill her. I think you're supposed to rest to her the brain heal.
>>
>>29617506
You're only safe to sleep after getting a concussion if you're lucid and can talk clearly.
>>
>>29617552
Oh. That's right.
>>
>>29617106
So who are you guys?
>>
>>29617119 >>29617506
>>29617622 >>29617552
>>29617654
Are you even supposed to let her sleep? Better to play it safe... "Try to stay awake, can you? Rev, turn on the gramophone." It takes you a moment to remember where you left it. "Should be under the table." You point at a nearby door."
"On it," He trots there and, after a few minutes, calls out, "I'll put whatever."
A song you haven't heard in years starts coming from it, the sound muffled by the walls.
"Can you sing with me?" You ask her, tightening your hug for a moment in case she's falling asleep.
"Don..." She sits a little straighter, "'ll dry."
"Hey, I get that you are in an ordeal and all." Rev walks back uncomfortably, "But is there anything you want before I have to head out? This place's dead in the water and my ship's moving..." He leaves it in the air. "I was supposed to check on you and ask if you wanted to join the caravan."
"Caravan?" You stop humming with Sea and tighten your hug for a moment when she starts falling asleep.
"Yeah, we were heading west for Arabesco when the whale came down."
>>
>>29617736
We were just trying to get to the nearest city, so I got no arguments with joining.
>>
>>29617736
Yes please. We need your help.
>>
>>29617736
That sounds great.
>>
>>29617736
Yeah. We just need to get our sails in order, but I can't do that at the moment.
>>
Got connection issues ans I dont wanna use my mons 3g, so paused
>>
>>29617736
Sure but, do you have the time to watch over sea while We fix the sails? Or vis versa?
Say do you guys have scurvy?
>>
>>
>>29620303
>>
bumpity
>>
L-lewd!
>>
>>29619077 >>29617840
>>29617768 >>29617767
>>29617758
"Yeah." You gulp, "Yeah, we were going west for a city."
"Guessed as much. I'll go ask--"
"But the sails are broken." You cringe," I'll need a while to fix them."
"Sails-- Oh, yeah, I saw that." He nods, "Yeah, you won't need those. Drifting houses are slow as all heck on their own. We pull them with motor boats." He looks at Sea, cringing, "You'll have to pay for both houses. Dragging them and keeping them safe and all that."
"I don't think I've got money you'd accept."
"You could work to pay it." He still doesn't seem comfortable, "Everyone's pretty banged and we can use any help we get. But it's still two houses, so..." He leaves it in the air.
>>
>>29624100
Ok but nothing shady. I'll do good by you if you do the same.
Raise hoof for a shakor bump
>>
>>29624100
If you were to give an estimate in labor, how much would you say I would need to pay you?
You know, maybe there's another way I could pay you. See I've started this little island and given enough time I could give you some of the crops. 'Some.' The seeds are probably worth a bunch.
>>
>>29624482 >>29624455
"What kind of work?" You ask cautiously.
"Huh? Anything really. We could use more watchers and cleaners and cooks and whatever you can do." He pauses for a moment, "You heard the winds that whale was pulling, like half the crew of my ship got banged up."
"And we've got to pay now."
"Captain only accepts cash upfront or work, sorry."
>>
>>29624669
Well, I suppose we can still leave later if the price is too high.
>>
>>29624669
Well I guess it could be worse. Sure.
>>
>>29624669
Sea, you still with us?
>>
>>29624669
We can do a little of those, but not much until we're really sure that Sea is safe to fully restored. Is that fair?
>>
>>29624703 >>29624750
>>29624797
"Could be worse- Sea? You with us?"
Her eyes flutter open, "Mhmm..."
"Fine. But I'll take care of her." You grab Sea tighter.
"IIII don't promise you Cap'll give you more than an hour or two." Rev backs off outside and opens his wings wide, "We'll be back at you."
He takes flight, and after half an hour the house starts moving.
"Herb?" You shout loudly. Sea also answers, grumbling something under her breath.
"Bunch of ponies pushing us to the caravan." He flutters down from the ceiling. "I'd say the captain accepted."
It's a while before the movement changes, replaced by small adjustments and a lot of shouting as people searches where a house that wasn't built for it can be tied.
Before it's finished Rev peeks in, still moving his wings constantly as he speaks, "Alright, told the boss how banged up she was and he gave you hour and a half to--"
A few foals burst past him, giving you and Herb -who is again perched on your hat- curious looks, "Is she dead?" Asks one.
"Buzz off." Sea tries to push him away with a weak hoof wave.
The foal continues talking unabashed,"Why does the bird have a hat? And why is your house so weird? And what's the green stuff outside?"
>>
>>29625195
Gesture to Rev. Ask him to make sure they don't touch, take, or break anything.
>>
>>29625195
Why shouldn't the bird have a hat? Our house is normal where we come from? We'll talk about the green stuff after our friend is feeling better.
>>
>>29625195
Children children please. Our friend needs rest. You can ask your questions later.
>>
>>29625257
>>
>>29625264
All those links, just to say you pause.
>>
beb
>>
Lewd thought of fucking a submissive Seaweed.
>>
>>29625195
I gave him a hat I thought would look good on him.
My house is normal and great! it was built by ponies that totally knew what they were doing. It's sturdy and keeps the warm air in and the cold air out.
That's called grass. It's there to look nice. You're also supposed to lay on it and relax looking up at the sky. I will answer more questions later. Go lay on the grass.
>>
>>29625195
I'll ask your questions later. Now skedadle.
>>
>>29626138
>>
>>29625195
Ask Seaweed if she's ever had an injury like this in the past and how she would usually deal with it.
>>
>>29625203 >>29625222
>>29625246 >>29627039
>>29627693 >>29629818
For a moment all you can do is look at the children, focused in their slightly yellowed corneas, as you struggle to process the apparent leader's rapid-fired questions. You then look at Rev, hoping your feelings are clear: Save me.
Someone calls him, and he walks off with an apologetic expression.
"I..." You catch your bearings and shake your head, "I'll talk with you bunch later. Let her breathe."
"What--?"
"Buzz off." Repeats Sea, speaking clearly an effort if her expression is any indication.
That seems to break the foals' resolve, and by the time they reach the door they are already chattering about some game.
"Have you been hurt like this before?" She nods.
"Not s'bad." She says simply.
"And what did you do?"
"Stish myself." She sits a little straigthter, "Didn think youd have the spine to do it."
Not sure if that's a compliment or not, you decide to take it as one and move on, "You feeling better now?"
"Still dizzy." She breaths deeply. "And hungry."
>>
>>29630227
Get food and feed her romantically. She can probably eat on her own but we want to help.
>>
>>29630227
Shit man what food do we have left?
>>
>>29630227
Did she keep any dried fish on her rack or in her shack?
>>
>>29630279
I keep forgetting to write this down. Maybe tonight I'll finally write it all down.
>>
>>29630279
We're supposed to have tons of noodles left. Like two or three days worth.
>>
>>29630332
Fuck yeah. Maybe by then we'll have the garden at full capacity to cure everyone of their scurvy.
>>
>>29630227
She lost alot of blood their. Let's get her a plastic reusable cup of water. And maybe something sweet if we have anything remotely edible left...liiiiike maybe one of those dietary supplement drops you would get from a bag of Ricola?
>>
>>29630246 >>29630279
>>29630286 >>29630298
>>29630332 >>29630358
>>29630374
"Give me a sec," You help her sit on her own legs carefully and trot to the kitchen, checking the cabinets quickly.
Oh, thank Celestia you still had sugar in a plastic bag, besides the now broken sugarbowl.
And tea. And no dusted milk, sadly- the box got broken by a now shattered saltshaker and may have some glass shards, so you put it aside in case it might be useful.
Cold tea... cold tea will have to be enough. You use some of the sweet water for it, just in case, and don't hold back on the sugar..
"Drink this." You give her the cup and return to the kitchen, trying to think of what else to do.
"Whads this?" She asks.
"Tea, it'll be good for you." Noodles, you've got more than enough noodles, so you set them aside.
The onion salad goes into the pile too, it's plastic tapper battered but not broken, and some of your spices. You've really got to get more of those, just in case.
It's only when you've filled the pot that you realize you have no fire to actually cook the noodles.
>>
>>29630661
Do we have any newspaper?
>>
>>29630716
That's only good for starting a fire, not sustaining one. If only we had unicorn magic. Maybe then we could have done something.
>>
I now will now go to bed and be unable to sleep before 10 AM.
>>
10!
>>
>>29631537
>>
2xbump
>>
3xbump
>>
Bemp
>>
>>29630661
Ask those other ponies if they have any way of heating this.
>>
>>29634818
Sea is smelling the tea cautiously when you head for the doorway, but you shrug it off and have your first look at the other houses.
The closest, built of some stone-like material you can't identify at a glance and painted a pale green, has some clothing sun-drying outside.
"Hm?" A well filled mare peeks outside when you knock the door, wearing a friendly smile. "You are the new lad, right?"
You nod, "Do you have anything where I could heat some food for my friend?" You wiggle your rump to show her the pot on it, "She's not well."
"Sure, do come in." She opens the door for you to pass and guides you to the kitchen, where there's something surprisingly similar to a gas stove, with some stones where the burners should be.
"This?" You put the pot over it and give the stones curious looks, hoping to see some kind of etching on their surface.
"I know they aren't common around here," She turns a dial, making the stone under the pot start heating quickly, "Some dragons make them back home. And if I can ask about it, your home doesn't seem to be from here either?"
>>
>>29635409
As far as we can tell, we're from VERY far away.
>>
>>29635409
What? Wow how can we get one of those? One of these babies will solve ALOT of our troubles.
>>
>>29635409
How do they work? Are they like magic batteries?
God do I want them. Hot bathes, warm food, for sweet water. We just need some stones, but how?
Ma'am how common are these?
>>
>>29635723 >>29635705
>>29635529
"How does this work?" You push the other dials gently, making the stones heat for a moment before turning them down. "And where do I get one?"
"A unicorn charges it every once in a while," She shrugs, as if saying, 'And then magic happens', "Dragons sell them sometimes. You know how it is with the young ones, too impatient to do a single thing for long."
"I really don't, I am not from around here. You haven't heard of land, haven't you?"
She thinks about it for a moment, then shakes her head, "I know a city called Landly, but it must've drifted from where it used to be by now." She clicks her tongue. "It was close to Copper Top, if it helps you any." She notices the change on your expression immediately, "I am sorry that I couldn't be more help..." She rummages through the drawers of a cabinet by the stove and offers me something pink and cookie-shaped, "You look just ready to fall over, dear. Why don't you drink something while we wait for your friend's food to be ready?"
>>
>>29636059
That's very nice of you. Thank you. Take a seat and wait.
>>
>>29636113
You grab it and it dawns upon you just how tired you are, both physically and emotionally. You aren't even sure what tribe the mare is- A pegasus, you check, either close to or in her forties, with mauve coat and blue mane tied into a bun.
"Thanks." You sit down. "It's been a rough few days."
"More than just the whale, right?" She takes a ceramic jug with several layers of something similar to wicker weaved around it, and offers you a glass -also ceramic and also basketted- of it.
"You've got children, don't you?" You ask jokingly after grabbing it.
"Is it so obvious?" She laughs softly, covering her muzzle with a hoof
You smile fondly, trying not to think if you'll see your own mother again, "This isn't my home." You gulp. "And I don't know if I'll find a way back."
"I am sure if you can't they'll find a way to you instead." She drinks some of what she gave you -a very soft cider, from the smell of it- and puts the jug away. "But let's not let it be for lack of trying on your part, hmm?"
>>
>>29636419
Can you tell me what this town is like?
>>
>>29636451
And what's the drink? Do you ponies need a farm hoof, for whatever that's worth?
I hope the salt ocean water doesn't fuck with out crops.
>>
>>29636419
Can she help us earn money? Like we said we're not from around here, and our bits might not be worth anything here.
>>
>>29636451 >>29636452
>>29636693
"I'll try to." You drink the contents of the glass, trying to find out what is it made of. Its taste is like a sweeter anise which lingers on your mouth for a few seconds, and a very light lightheadedness hits you surprisingly quickly. "What's this"
"Barnacle poison." She says, then chuckles when you react in shock, "Always works, that one... But no, it's hornwort liquor."
"Right," You put the cup on the counter, not daring drink the rest if that sip hit you so strongly. "Not something I could help with farming here, right?"
"Right here? No," She seems surprised by the question, "But they may have work for someone at some terrace on Arabesco. You are heading there, right?"
"Probably, yeah." You nod. "Before I forget, you mentioned a Landly? What's that like?"
"Landly? Very old city, with lots of Ponies," She unfolds her wings a little, "Not very friendly to others like us pegasi, sadly. My little darling always had trouble when he went there." Some distaste slips into her expression for a moment, quick to go away. "But who knows? They might be more friendly these days."
"Noted, thanks. Say, you don't have an idea of how to get money here, right? I don't think anyone here will accept mine."
"Quick money? Hm ... Rev mentioned someone complaining about wind getting into their bedrooms, and my furniture did break a bit." She gestures at a part of the counter where it's come slightly apart from the wall its attached to. "But it wasn't a joke when I said you look ready to fall over, grab a hammer and you might hit yourself on the head."
>>
>>29636739
I guess we'll take a nap or something to regain some strength and then start doing something.
>>
>>29636739
Thank her for the help and let's go rest.

Have I mentioned that I love Seaweed's nickname for us? Because I love her nickname for us.
>>
Paused after several minutes trying to write properly because I am just too tired for it.
>>
>>29636419
Oh she's cute.
>>
beb
>>
bomo
>>
Momo
>>
>>29637464
We should hold hooves
with her.
>>
>>29641380
W-we can't. Her husband would kill us.
>>
bop while writing update.
>>
>>29642946 >>29641380
>>29637464 >>29636893
>>29636813 >>29642946
"Yeah," You force yourself to stand again and check the food, "That sounds like a good idea."
"It's done?" The mare takes a look too, "I don't think I've seen any of this?"
"It's from back home." You, turn off the burn-- the stone, you remind yourself.
"Can I?" She dips a spoon on the broth and sips it, then nods in approval before opening a drawer to give you a basket. "I am sure your friend will be well soon."
You put the hot pot inside it to carry it on your mouth, "Thank you, miss..." You cringe, realizing you haven't asked. "Lettuce Leaf."
"My friends call me Cas." She shakes the hoof you offer. "But don't be so formal, Mister Leaf." She says your name tongue in cheek.
"Can do, ma'am." You joke and grab the basket's handle on your mouth, then head for the door. "See yu."
"Send my regards to your friend," She opens the door. "She's lucky to have you."
"As yur husband's to have yu." You smile at her, walking outside.
"He said that, when he was." She says without missing a beat.
Oh.
Sea is tapping her hoof against the floor in boredom, and perks up immediately when you open the door, and then wobbles some from the sudden movement.
"Far away?" Her ears twitch.
"Yah, com' here." You grab her by a hoof and guide her to the kitchen, where leave the basket on the table. "Got you some food."
You only cry in the inside a little when you find how much of your ceramic dishware is broken, but shove the feelings aside and use a pair of metalic plates.
"You can use forks, right?" You ask her as you serve her food.
"Yes." She says, then adds more abashedly: "Just guide my hoof a bit."

1/2
>>
After a few tries she's memorized the trip, and eats feeling around with the fork before taking each bite.
"Thanks." She says after several minutes, as if catching up to herself. "For helping me earlier. And this too." She adds.
"What are friends for?"
"Don't be cheesy, Far Away." Her tone isn't as dry as it usually is.
"And have I said I really like that nickname?" You say as cheesily as you can.
"Glad of that." She rubs her forehead.
"Hey, that wasn't a jok-- Oh, headache?"
"Lightheaded." She takes a deep breath.
"Better now?"
"Could be worse." She sighs and keeps eating.
You eat the last of your food and stand, "I'll get some rest, you need anything?"
"I'll survive." She shrugs.
>
"Hey." someone pokes your side. "Bud?"
You open your eyes and see Rev.
"Hate to do this, but cap already gave you more time." He moves so you can hop from bed. "Time's a waste and all that."
"Huh?" You clean your eyes, still feeling tired.
Rev shuffles his wings, and you notice the light red feathers are covered in something shimmery. "Cap wants you to get on working to pay the trip." He reminds you, "Cas said you can cook? I've got a friend stuck at kitchen duty." He starts walking, clearly intending for you to follow. "I am sure he'll be thankful if you do him a solid and mention it."

2/2
>>
>>29644847
What's wrong with his wings.
>>
>>29644847
Let's go try some cooking. Though the food is only as good as the ingredients we have.
>>
>>29644847
What kind of food do I have to work with? I hope it's not all fish.
>>
>>29644847
Fair enough. Time to make a good first impression on the captain.
>>
>>29644847
>"He said that, when he was." She says without missing a beat.
Wew. A single hot milf. Noted.
>>
>>29644847
Sure thing, but can we look for clues on where Sea is currently at? She still at the table? Made her way back home? Resting on the couch?
>>
>>29644847
How long was Leaf asleep? Check a nearby clock.
>>
>>29644928 >>29645069
>>29645150 >>29645636
>>29645806 >>29646579
>>29646675
"Hey, what's on your wings?" You walk up to him to have a good look. Their feathers are so small you are surirpised they can hold him on the air, and much more tightly together than any you've seen.
"What about them?" He unfolds one, giving yours a look. "Wait, what's with YOUR wings."
"The stuff on them." You unfold yours unthinkingly. "What-- Oil? You oil your wings?"
"Yyyyyeah, they get soaked otherwise." He walks closer to yours, and you follow his to keep examining them. "What in the everloving sun do you do to get'em so big?"
"What in Tartarus do YOU do to get them so goddamn tiny!" You both walk circles around each other. "It's like tiny winy little baby feathers."
"Man, you are one to talk, you look like a freak." He stops walking circles to look at you. "Did you come out of a siren temple?"
>>
"Will you two stop circlejerking about wings?" Shouts sea, irritated, and you peek into the living room to see her trying to sleep on the sofa.
"Sorry." You whisper, stepping away. "How long did you let me sleep?"
"Boss gave you another hour." He says while you check the clock, confirming it's been two. "So you ready?"
"Yeah, let's see him." He moves again, taking you across the tied houses-- several ponies and a few griffons giving you curious mildly interested looks along the way, and Herb telling a tale in a circle of foals near the motor boats.
"This is it?" Asks an old stallion before you reach him, his bony face covered in beard that shouldn't be sustainable by such seemingly frail legs.
"Yup yuperony" Rev trots faster to make a curtsie in front of the captain, "Lettuce Leaf, Captain Lock. Captain Lock, Lettuce Leaf."
"A pleasure." You extend a hoof, which he shakes and nearly pulls off its socket. "Rev said I've got to work for you?"
"Lost a few good boys there." He sounds distantly sad about it, but is quick to shrug it off to give you closer looks, "I've heard a few accents and even understood a couple of them, but yours is new. And the hell's lettuce?"
"Food, where I come from."
"Must be one damn trip if I haven't eaten it yet. And what can you do for us?"
"I can cook, Captain." You say immediately, "Worked as that back home. But, you got something other than fish, right?"
"What kind of question is that?"
"Fish' not so popular where I come from." You explain abashedly,"I am a quick learner, but..."
"Ian'll have something for you." He waves you off distractedly, and Rev gestures for you to follow him, "Just don't poison anyone."
>>
>>29647937
Ok. So when's Kitchen duty, and where?
>>
>>29647937
So I'm a little lost with how Sea and Leafs homes crashed into each other. Is seas home marooned on land i.e. on the dirt of Leafs home?
>>
>>29647937
Make sure everything is boiled
>>
>>29648059
You can't just boil everything when you're cooking.
>>
>>29648120
You try to stop me
>>
>>29648120
Maybe YOU can't.
>>
>>29648125
>>29648132
When concerning fish I think boiling it / making soup out of it is acceptable, but it should not be the only method of cooking. It gets boring to eat the same stuff everyday. Instead of exclusively boiling, you can try steaming or frying fish.
>>
>>29647937
What are your boats made out of? It's not wood but it floats. Any chance we can get some?
>>
>>29649105
>>
bep
>>
>>29651033
>>
beb
>>
>>29647937
What's a Siren Temple?
>>
Bepo
>>
>>29652707
>>
>>29652707
>>
>>29656914
>>
This probably has one or two more good posts left.
>>
>>29657950
>>
Sorry for not updating today, but I simply didn't have the time for it.
>>
File: IMG_20170313_092512Z.jpg (158KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170313_092512Z.jpg
158KB, 640x480px
Aldo sunrises are beautiful.
>>
>>29660039
Kind of sideways, but still a bit pretty.
>>
>>29660039
Neato
>>
>>29663214
>bumping a dead thread
Jesus christ anon the qm is dead and has abandoned you
>>
>>29663241
Fuck you.
>>
beb
>>
>>29647937
Cas x Sea x Leaf threesome when?
>>
This quest is shit. Where's the hooves and blackjack?
>>
bemp while writing update
>>
File: 014 - Does not compute.png (117KB, 838x1057px) Image search: [Google]
014 - Does not compute.png
117KB, 838x1057px
>>29648029 >>29648033
>>29648059 >>29648120
>>29648125 >>29648132
>>29648845 >>29649105
"So when do I start?" You follow Rev to what you suppose is the kitchen, going down a flight of stairs-- metalic stairs, you notice. "And what do you build your boats out of? The green stuff some have, I mean."
"Green? That's ricolant ceramic." He makes a face, "Hard as heck to assemble and fix the shells of those, let me tell you."
"Then why do they use it?"
"'Cuss it's cheap and doesn't break easily." He shrugs, opening a door, "People'll probably start buying food soon enough. Ian?"
"Is it a kitchen that's large enough for me?" A minotaur, green and with golden chains hanging from his horns, moves to see you from behind another doorway. "That doesn't look like a kitchen."
"Come on big guy, you know what this is. And he even knows shit about cooking!"
The minotaur only looks at you for a moment, "You'll tie your mane, won't you." It's not a question.
"Yes he will. So?"
"So what can you do?" Ian asks you. "What's your favorite recipe? Can you handle oil burns? What do you do when you find the food you made is poisonous?"

Both houses were damaged to a yet-to-be-ascertained extent, but they are still separate.
>>
>>29666699
Applepie recipe, yes I can, I try my food first, if it's poisonous all others will know.
>>
>>29666699
If it's anything seafood related then i'll need some help. I don't know any recipes for any sea food cuisines.
>>
>>29666699
Dispose of the poisonous food.
>>
>>29666699
>"Come on big guy, you know what this is. And he even knows shit about cooking!"
What. Hey! I can cook alright! Nothing terrible though.
Tie your mane.
>>
>>29666709 >>29666857
>>29666862 >>29666866
"Apple pie, I can and I have, I'd never give food I haven't tested myself first, and if it's bad I throw it." You stop for a moment to tie your mane, "Fish' not so hot back home, so I'll need a bit to learn that... What veggies do you have here?"
"No fish? Uh, rice, and oil, and egg and still plenty of spices from last trip. And seaweed and barnacles, because there's always those." He snorts. "We still got some fat, and 'gull and sparrow meat too. And a barrel or two of milk, but try to save that for the kids."
>>
>>29667036
We can make fried rice with seaweed
>>
>>29667036
Stir fry, but only if we're sure we can get more supplies soon.
>>
>>29667081
Fried rice is easy. We may not have any soy sauce but we can try.
>>
>>29667036
Well nothing ventured nothing gained. If the barnacles aren't already removed from the hard parts then do so. Maybe find a hammer or nut cracker? Cut them into bit sized pieces. If it's wet seaweed then cut it into 2x1 inch pieces. Is there already cooked rice?

get a wok or some large frying pan and heat up the oil.
Add fresh onions and seaweed to cook.
If there's only garlic and onion powder, then add those after cooking the barnacles and seaweed.
Remove barnacles and seaweed into a bowl and replace with the cooked rice.
Make a well in the rice to cook and scramble the eggs, then stir into rice.
Return barnacles and veggies back to wok and stir add a bit of water too cook, then maybe soy sauce and a bit more oil if needed. The water is probably salty enough.
Add black pepper and dried cilantro if desired.
>>
File: 015 - Very fast of birb.png (50KB, 407x517px) Image search: [Google]
015 - Very fast of birb.png
50KB, 407x517px
>>29667081
"I can work with that." You nod and riffle through the drawers and cupboards in search of rice and oil, "Where's the oven?"
"There' just keep--"
"Yeah," You press the bellows to test its resistance, grab a nearby pan, and after some opening of small compartments you find the fuel deposit, from which a foul smell comes. "Just what's this?"
"Dung." He says plainly. "Keep that closed. And there's a firestone at your left." He seems to lose interest after that, returning to sorting several shelves.
You grab and test the stone- when hit against the iron chained to it, it throws a stream of short-lived sparks in the direction from which it was hit.
Once you've got the fire going and have pumped air into it, you leave the rice boiling -you won't need to sparkle salt here, at least- and check the seaweed... Someone walks around you, but you push them away gently and return to cutting the weed into long, thin strips.
With the boiling done -you push someone else away again- and barely any water left on the rice, you make a pleased grunt and put it on oil you left heating a few minutes ago, with some leaves of seaweed on top. It may end crunchy in a good way.
Someone hops onto your back while you are pumping air with the bellows, and that's the drop that breaks your concentration on cooking.
"Could you stop--" You nearly panic when you turn to see the single eye staring back at you, and punch it away with a marely yelp.
It dodges with ease, hoping from your back without taking its eye from you and a measure of what may be amusement in it.

1/2
>>
"Jon, don't bother." Ian grabs a spoonful of the fried rice to taste it.
Jon's beak clicks rapidly.
"Good enough." Ian leaves the spoon aside.
Jon's beak clicks again before he hops to the counter to grab another spoonful, which he drops down his throat.
He screeches and runs out of the kitchen with a blur, his feet making a flurry of clicks.
"What was that?" You ask, watching the spot where he just was in disbelief.
"The idiots never wait for it to cool down." Ian takes the pan from the fire. "He'll be--"
Jon returns, jumps to the air a meter before reaching you, and falls on your head neatly to watch you with his head upside down, beak clicking.
"He says you look weird." Ian takes the pan from the fire. "Alright, the rules here are if I say it you do it, there's no menu, and no moonlet can enter the pantry, especially Jon."

2/2
>>
>>29667712
Alright. Do we need to do anymore cooking?
>>
>>29667712
How many are we cooking for?
>>
>>29667712
Moonlit? Is that like a kid? What?
And get off of my head dangit!
>>
>>29485852
Ha. the fucking OP pic. Seaweed looks like she's perpetually in a state of deadpan.
>>
>>29667712
I take it we didn't add any eggs. I guess that's fine. we can make scrambled, sunny sided, over easy, poached, or hardboiled eggs.
>>
>>29667712
Forgot to mention this. Lettuce Leaf actually know how to make this is questionable unless he likes to watch the food network late at night.

>Tamago Kake Gohan
>Tamago kake gohan, or Tamago gohan for short is a popular Japanese breakfast food consisting of cooked rice topped or mixed with raw egg and soy sauce.
>>
>>29667738 >>29667738
>>29667899 >>29668012
"Just what the heck are you?" You try shaking it off, and it hops away before you even get to move your head a second time. Jon clicks his beak.
"Jon's a moonlet, Lock uses them to scout." Ian offers an arm to perch and Jon hops to it gladly, "You found anything?" More clicks, "Oh, so the git's alive?" He laughs once, the sheer volume of it making your ears hurt for a second, "I knew it'd take more than that to drag him under."
"Hey," You pip in as you search for eggs, "How many are we cooking for? And when?"
"We cook for as many as are willing to pay for it, about a dozen, and when they pay for it, which should be in a few minutes." Jon hops down from Ian's arm and dashes away, which he snorts at. "I usually start preparing some orders about now."
"Thought that, yeah." You crack a pair of eggs and put them on the pan, "What's the usual?"
"Sown's comfort food are fried eggs, so you got that already..." He thinks about it for a moment, washing his hands thoroughly, "Cat usually wants sparrow or gull with seaweed salad, or a few servings of spiced up rice with fried barnacle. She'll like it if she has to drink water every other mouthful. And Gilles' been eating marinated barnacles for the last few days." He grabs a few pots from the cupboards and carries them to the other oven, "We'll see about the rest."
>>
>>29668369
Alright, let's try frying some barnacles.
>>
>>29668369
Wait. How much are we supposed to charge them?
>>
>>29668369
How much does sweet water, or none saline water go for around these parts?
>>
>>29668369
Make sure to have some cooked rice on hoof. Oh! we could also make some combination of porridge with the seaweed, sparrow, gull, etc.
>>
>>29668415 >>29668607
>>29668616 >>29668640
"How much do we charge people for the food?" You get more rice and put it to boil.
"Let me worry about that." Ian massages his back idly while cutting fish with the other hand.
"Alright, alright. Where are the barnacles?"
"Top shelf of the pantry." He grabs a key from the pouch hanging from his hips and throws it to you. "Careful about Jon."
You give a look to the key and head for the door of what you suppose is the pantry, where the key fits neatly and with a satisfying click. Jon doesn't appear immediately after unlocking it, so you slide in- not opening the door more than is necessary, as your experience with cats has taught you.
"Hey," You ask Ian as you search for the barnacles. "Is sweet water worth anything here?"
"What now?" He shouts back.
"Like rain water!"
"Rain water? Medics use it sometimes. Some other folk in cities might have use for it."

Timeskip to a break or continue with werk?
>>
>>29668880
Thank him and we can fast forward to a break since nothing is really interesting about cooking.
>>
>>29668880
time scape to a break.
I ment how much is clean rain water worth per liter?
On our break can we look for Cas and ask her for the guesstimated price for rainwater per liter?
>>
>>29668880
I have a feeling selling "purified water" won't be as profitable as I'd hope it do be. It's not like anyone hasn't thought of it before.
>>
>>29669092
The real profits will be selling our fruits. Which is why it's a good thing we planted them on the first day we got here. Or that we had them in the first place.
>>
>>29669118
It'll take maybe, I'm not sure, maybe close to a month before any of the crops have bear fruit.
>>29668880
On break can we go water the crops? And how come this isn't on anonpone?
>>
File: 016 - The Milf Cometh.png (36KB, 377x391px) Image search: [Google]
016 - The Milf Cometh.png
36KB, 377x391px
>>29668892 >>29668919
>>29669092 >>29669118
>>29669154
Hot damn, they really made you work for two people. The ache on your hooves is enough that you flutter rather than walk out of the kitchen under the twilight, and your back isn't that much better.
"Far away." Cas says the name jokingly, walking into the main deck of the flagship, "Did Ian work you too much?"
"I've had worse bosses." You head home, "Odd question, but have you got any idea of the price of sweet water?"
"Sweet?" She follows you.
"Rain water." You correct yourself.
"A few pearls the liter I guess? Is this about the bottles on your garden?"
"Kind of." So that's not a quick path to money.
You and Cas reach the garden in silence, and it's with a tired sigh that you find out one of the bottles of salt water broke.
"What's that for?" Cas gives you curious looks when you sprinkle some of the freshwater over the seeded spots, sitting on the grass. "Your bird scared a few children away from this spot today, by the way."
>>
>>29669652
Good, it would have been really bad if they trampled over this area in their play time. We need to thank him. I never thought I would have to build a fence around it. Anyway this is for growing food.
>>
>>29669652
We should thanks Herb some time soon. So they're worth a few pearls by the liter. What about those dragon stove tops for heating? How much for one of those?
>>
>>29669652
We're a farmer by trade.
>>
>>29669652
Salt water can sometimes kill certain plants and crops.
>>
>>29669652
I think If we manage to build a frame or something around the ship we can use the dirt to grow some crops. What do you think?
>>
>>29669652
Wing demonstration please. Let's compare wings by hovering and maybe flying around for a bit
>>
>>29669679 >>29669795
>>29669813 >>29669888
>>29669905 >>29670232
"I am watering the plants," You tap your cutie mark and go leave the water flask back where it was, facing away from her. "Farming's my trade and all."
"Huh." She says half mindedly. "Hey, did you make that sparrow today?"
You cringe for a moment before turning back to her, "No, I still haven't made meat."
"Too bad, I wouldn't mind your coo... Hm?" She turns to see what you are looking at.
A pair of moonlets carry what after a moment you realize is a chunk of earth, as large as each of them is individually, into your turf. They move the grass to see under it and look back and forth between that and the chunk before nodding to each other, tapping the chunk several times while looking at you, and blurring away again-- running over the water and leaving a trail of expanding rings in their wake.
"How nice of them." Cas smiles at thespot they just occupied
"I really should build a boat around this." You watch the chunk, wondering how many others were lost when your house and Seaweed's clashed. "Or at least a fence around the crops."
"That'd probably be more affordable, yes."
"Yeah. Hey, talking about money, how much did that stove cost you?"
"I got it used for three thousand, but that was years ago." She moves her wings slightly, "Must be around the four nowadays."
"Oh." It's all you can say, crestfallen. There go your dreams of cooking comfortably anytime soon.
"Hey now, I am sure you'll get one in no time." She moves closer to you to pass a wing over your withers, one that you notice has feathers barely any bigger than Rev's "You boys, not understanding that it only takes a bit of grit."
>>
Paused
>>
>>29670677
Kill the thread or can I leave a suggestion?
>>
>>29485852
I just want to take a moment to acknowledge that this thread has existed for a third of 2017.
>>
>>29670814
Suggest
>>29671607
And I also want to use it to acknowkedge how,cool my players are. You rock guys.
>>
>>29670669
How are they so fast?

How long do they typically last? Maybe we can use it to squeeze in a few pearls? Please? Or can she suggest a job?

Any clue how much it'll cost for ricolant ceramic boat for our home?
>>
>>29670669
Hey do they have any earth ponies? Maybe they can help you tend to the crops, or recruit aid from Sea again if she wants.
Earth ponies back home are naturals when concerning plants, crops, and the like. Just naturally more skilled when it comes to farming. But our boi Lettuce Leaf here has a few tricks up his non-existing sleeves. For one he can move clouds.
>>
>>29670669
Any farm related jobs in the city?
>>
>>29670669
I hope Leaf doesn't have to butcher the sparrow if he has too. He's already squeamish as it is.
>>
>>29670669
Whatever happened to your husband?
>>
>>29669652
Oh hey. I didn't know her cutiemark was a wishing bone or forceps.
>>
File: 018 - Splash.png (121KB, 1005x655px) Image search: [Google]
018 - Splash.png
121KB, 1005x655px
>>29672791 >>29672785
>>29672780 >>29672288
>>29672248 >>29672231
You sigh, "How much would the boat cost, anyway?"
"Hmm... For a house this size?" She's silent for a moment, "You may find something that needs repairs under the thousand, if you are lucky." She cringes. "But I'd rather you got something reliable, if you'll be out and about like your friend said you'll be."
You nod, "So I'll need to get a job."
"Probably, yes... A cook can find work anywhere, and this is not like any farming I've seen," She caresses the grass, "But maybe at a terrace? You ought to learn quickly, if that's your talent."
"Hm..." You make an effort to be as cheerful as she is, "Wha--" There's a sound at your left, and you turn to look at it.
Several moonlets are running by, making hard turns eastwards and splashing plenty of water in the process.
"How do they do that?" You look more carefuly at them: Each angles his whole body as to present the most resistance against the water with their feet, creating V-shaped waves, and literally kicks himself in the new direction, stepping on the water strongly with a report and spinning a few times in the air before landing on their feet like a ballerinas and blurring away again.
"Now that's something I'd like to know." Cat looks at them too, "But what were you asking me?"
"Huh? Oh, your cutie mark."
"Calipers." She shows it to you with a fond smile. "I know a thing or two about maps."
"But they are bent." You turn your head to see it from another angle.
"Tell you what, if you can figure out what that means I'll tell you a secret. Deal?"

Queued a question.
>>
>>29674748
>Forgot the second part of the drawing
End me.
>>
>>29674748
Are they like any other calipers? Some oddly shape used to measure distances on a map?
>>
>>29674748
Uh, you're good at working with damaged supplies? You use unusual methods?
>>
>>29674748
You tell me Cas, what can you tell me? I can cook, I have a small plot of land to use as a farm, I'm from a different place. Where do you see me and what do you think I can do? Think I might have a chance if I safe up for a garden barge? Maybe I can rent a few rooms and space for roommate.
Maybe in a few months from now, I could open up some traveling restaurant selling 'exotic' dishes.
>>
>>29675090
Well her tramp stamp looks a lot more different from this angle. WHAT IF LEAF USES FISH BONES FOR BONEMEAL?
milf fucking when?
>>
>>29675219 >>29675244
>>29675596 >>29675626

"Are they still usable?" You ask after a moment.
"Very much so." Her smile becomes larger for a moment.
"Then... You can work with broken tools? Or you do things unusually?"
Her smile vanishes just a little, "No... Yes, I can do both of those, but it's not what it means to me. The use is map charting, but... doesn't your own mark mean more to you than only its use?" She adds curiously.

Queued even more things.
>>
>>29675673
Of course. I don't think it's easy to guess what the full meaning is just from the mark though.
>>
>>29675711
"I don't think I can guess it from just the look of it." You say after a moment, "Sorry."
"Don't be, I didn't really expect you to," Her smile losses some intensity despite her words. "Do you have any idea of what you'll do now? To get back home?"
"I had an idea about a wandering restaurant... but I'd need to get proper crops for that. And fertilizer." You think the idea aloud as it comes.
"Fish bones." She says immediately, "Make bonemeal with them."
"Yeah." You nod to yourself, picturing an exotic dishes restaurant drifting across lands-- waters. "Yeah, I can do that."
She hides a giggle behind her hoof, "See? It's not so bad."
"I guess it's not..." You notice how the last remains of sunlight fall on her and pause for a heartbeat. "If you don't want to answer this it's fine, but..."
"What is it?" Her expression becomes ever so slightly more serious.
"What happened to your husband?" You bite the bullet.
"Oh, that old fart." She rolls her eyes, all seriousness gone "A few years back we realized all the arguing wasn't worth it. But was there any reason why you asked?" She approaches her face to yours, "Hmmm?"
>>
>>29675673
You know. We never really put much thought into his cutiemark other than it should be farming related. My guess is he has a nurturing side to him, as farming takes patience and care to bear any crops.
>>
>>29676024
"I-I was kind of suprised someone as young as you has kids and, well. I asked out of curiosity. I thought he to be dead, or you split apart.
>>
>>29676024
No, no! Just curious is all!
>>
>>29676024
I was curious about it. Does your mark mean that you're a curious pony that likes to try new things?
>>
>>29676024
Is your mark the symbolism of the journey and not the destination?
>>
>>29676024
Sorry, it's just when you mentioned him I thought he'd died.
>>
>>29676042 >>29676104
>>29676115 >>29676121
>>29676157 >>29676158
"No!" You step back, heart racing a mile a minute and grinning awkwardly, "Just curious. Uhm." You pause for a moment, trying to think of a way to change the topic, "Is that your mark? That you are curious and like doing new things?"
"I am and I do, yes, but that's not it." There's what may be an iota of disappointment under her amusement, but you can't quite tell.
"The journey's more important than the destination?" You keep trying.
"You've got no idea of how hot you are right now." She pokes your chest. "Just get a little closer..."
>>
>>29676312
Are you very observant and can read ponies like a map?
>>
>>29676312
You like to take the long path? To do things slowly?
>>
>>29676312
Wow. She's giving us a lot of chance.
I hope you like spam.

Traveling for the sake of traveling.

The memories you make are more worthwhile then the places you've been. No that can't be it. That's the same as the last.

Not all those who wander are lost? No. That's more fitting for Leaf.

The journey is best "measured" in the company you keep, rather the distance. I feel good about this one.
>>
>>29676356 >>29676358
>>29676487
"That you can read people like a map?"
"Colder..." She moves a little closer.
"Not all wanderers are lost?" You back off.
"True. But colder still." She doesn't advance.
"A travel is as good as your company." You throw without knowing why.
"No, but company..." She advances again, "Company makes what's bitter bearable and what's sweet better, doesn't it?" She nearly whispers the last words.
"That you take the long path?" You back off again.
She blinks at that, but catches her bearings quickly, "Hotter..."
"Aaaaand you like to do things slowly?" You shuffle your wings uncomfortably.
This time she's the one to back off, sitting again with a sigh, "Very close, yes... This is an open question, you know." Her good humor seems to be, if only for a moment, spent. "There's no rush to answer it."
>>
>>29676548
>She moves a little closer.
>You back off.
She's playing mind games with you. Don't back down.
>>
>>29676548
Well, okay. Can't help but feel I disappointed there. Now, why don't you have a guess at mine?
>>
>>29676548
I wanna figure it out though. I'm having fun with it even if I am having trouble understanding and figuring it out.
>>
>>29676548
Ah shit. I think we lost a good opportunity here. So what does your cutiemark mean, or what do you think it means?
>>
>>29676584
Nah, lets not just ask. We can figure it out later.
>>
Is it that she likes following her own path?
>>
>>29676548
dammit Leaf! Ya don missed a chance for some of that sweet milf poontang.
>>
>>29676575
>This time she's the one to back off, sitting again with a sigh, "Very close, yes... This is an open question, you know." Her good humor seems to be, if only for a moment, spent.
Do you want to continue to have fun at her expense?
>>
>>29676632
I wanna take one more crack at it before I give up.
>>
>>29676640
And that would be?
>>
>>29676548
>You notice how the last remains of sunlight fall on her and pause for a heartbeat.
Can she be any more unf?
>>
>>29676644
I give up.
>>
>>29676548
The best journeys are often the most unexpected?
>>
>>29676709
Dude I think she was just making small talk to flirt with him.
>>
>>29676717
>"What do you think the thing that defines me means?"
The ponies of this world have some weird ideas of flirting.
>>
>>29676735
>Spending the better part of the sunset staring as her ass contemplating its DEEPER meaning.
>>
>>29676557 >>29676575
>>29676584 >>29676598
>>29676603 >>29676612
>>29676632 >>29676709
>>29676717 >>29676735
"Hey," You don't know what to say immediately after that, so you mouth for a moment. "You could tell me."
"What's the point if you can't figure it out yourself?" She says dejectedly, her eyes avoiding you.
"I still want to! I... I can still figure things out, right? We've got time."
"And what if we don't?" She looks you right in the eye.
It takes you a minute or two to answer, "Does it mean that the best journeys are the unexpected ones?"
"Now you are just throwing things." She looks down.
"There's really a secret to tell me, isn't there?" She nods weakly, "So, I can still go for it, can't I? Just not this very instant."
She doesn't answer.
>>
>>29676849
I think we ruined a chance to build some serious friendship shiz. oh well. Would she like to check out some of out things? Oh, and do we need to help Sea back to her home?
>>
>>29676849
Yeesh, I thought this was just a little fun. Can only get so much off a pair of bent calipers. It's probably something to do with goals, but what exactly would take all day to puzzle out. Time to drop the topic. Maybe go check on Sea.
>>
>>29676849
I'm really sorry I can't figure it out, Cas.

>>29676874
I know, right? The worst part is that I don't know what we could have done to help it.
>>
>>29676849
This shit is too vague to get an answer for. The only clues we have is that she likes to measure things.
>>
>>29676904
I was going to say that she's good with measuring people, but I don't remember if we said that already.
>>
>>29676904
Right. Guessing her buttmark ideology having just met her going off some bent calipers is just taking shots in the dark. It could be anything to do with travel and something being bent, damaged or unusual. She might be good at plotting courses to places she's never been, or places no one else can reach, or she finds lost things, or maybe she just likes maps and is secretly a fucking stallion.
>>
Maybe she likes to have close relationships?
>>
>>29676952
I'd be fine if she was a stallion. Not sure of Leafs sexuality though.
>>29676849
It's not like there's an expiration date. Maybe we'll figure it out if we stick with this flotilla or caravan or whatever you call it long enough.
>>
>>29676968
Beats me. It's like we're beating a dead horse with all these guessing.
>>
>>29676977
Unless we get something definitive I kind of want to just drop her.
>>
>>29676849
We should have someone teach Lettuce the wonders of making sushi. mmmmmm.
>>
>>29676874 >>29676891
>>29676900 >>29676904
>>29676920 >>29676952
>>29676977
"What can I do? We just met." You walk closer to her, "The only way to get it right would be by sheer luck." She stays silent, "Sorry I couldn't do it so quickly."
"Don't be." She says weakly.
"It's just... you could be good at plotting courses to new places, or find new things, but I've got no way to find out so quickly."
"You apologize too much." Her voice is weaker still.
"But it's not like the answer will spoil if we wait a little bit, isn't it?" She stays silent, so a new insecurity builds up quickly, "Hey, you aren't like that because I couldn't figure out your mark, right?"
She seems surprised by the question, and it takes her a moment to answer, "I'd like it if you did." She gulps, "But no, I didn't expect you to. it's because you haven't grabbed and kissed me yet."
>>
>>29677067
I didn't want to chance that I was reading the wrong signals though I would like to kiss you if you'd still like one.
>>
File: wew.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>29677067
>"But no, I didn't expect you to. it's because you haven't grabbed and kissed me yet."
I FUCKIN KNEW IT!
>>
>>29677067
Oh... I uh.
I like you, but I can't stay here, Cas. I have to get home. I don't want to start something that has to end.
>>
>>29677067
Yeah no, we can't take a hint and we oblivious like that.
Move closer to her. It's not too late is it?
>>
>>29677067
Can we save face from the awkward situation by busting out the gramophone?
>>
Gotta say dudes? I'm having a blast with this.
>>
>>29677067
If you ask me she seems kinda desperate for the D. I'd rather waifu Seaweed, personally.
>>
>>29677067
If she just wants a lay with no strings attached then that's fine.
>>
>>29677245
If she's looking for something temporary it's fine. Everyone craves a little attention sometimes. But beyond that yeah, Sea would make more sense, with us taking her with us. Of course we don't have to go chasing anyone's tail. We are pretty busy right now.
>>
>>29677267
Yeah. We're pretty busy with finding some foot hold out here in strange world.
>>
>>29677088 >>29677090
>>29677092 >>29677108
>>29677136 >>29677167
>>29677245 >>29677287
"Hey, look, I am far from home, and don't know how I feel about starting something that'll have to end..." You roll a hoof in the air, "It's just... things are complicated, and you are pushing too fast for me." You walk closer to her to press against her some, "I... I am sorry about all this, but I don't know if any strings would be a good idea."
"I..." She slides away from you, "I just thought you were the one interested in me for a moment." You open your mouth, but don't say anything, so she continues."I don't know if it was dumb of me, but it was nice to think I still had it in me for a moment."
>>
>>29677310
my thoughts at the moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ
>>
>>29677310
get closer
>>
>>29677310
Cas please. We both know why I asked about your husband. You caught my eye as soon as I saw you. I just don't want to end up hurting you by making you think I'm promising something I'm not.
>>
>>29677310
We're just not the right stallion for you.
>>
>>29677364
What? Course we are. It's just that we can't help support her and her family. Yet.
>>
Why are we even engaging in this line of dialogue if we know that it won't work out and how impractical it is?
>>
>>29677378
passion, anon.
>>
>>29677395
I have no such feelings for her.
>>
>>29677397
but we do.
>>
>>29677310
kiss her passionately
>>
>>29677404
Really? We kept pulling away.
>>
>>29677378
I know, right? We should just console her the best we can and go to Seaweed.

>>29677310
Cas, please. You're a lovely mare.
>>
>>29677426
Let's not. We barely know this mare. It's a bad idea.
>>
>>29677428
This is probably going to end spectacularly. Good or bad who cares?
>>
>>29677310
We were nervous at first, but really, what do we have to lose. You only live once, kiss the mare.
>>
>>29677310
Give her a peck on the cheek and tell her she's great, but this wouldn't go anywhere.
>>
>>29677462
We had no idea what she wanted at first.
>>
Alright, decide if you want to waifu Cas or not in the most immediate future.
www.strawpoll.me/12540320
>>
>>29677547
Can we waifu Sea and Cas?
>>
>>29677547
>>29677558
I mean, is it an option? Or possible?
>>
>>29677547
Is harem route a possibility?
>>
>>29677567
>>29677592
>>29677558
Nope.
>>
>>29677558
Fuck. No.

Harems are a terrible idea. It will unsatisfying and possibly with heartbreak. You can't have everything. Besides, it's too soon to think about romance anyway. We barely have any idea where we are.
>>
>harem meme
It's a CYOA.
You gotta Choose.
>>
>>29677592
I hope it's a possibility anon. I wasn't thinking of a harem, more like a herd.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_behavior#As_herd_animals
Sea could have been the lead mare.
>>
>>29677634
Well shit. Now I wished I spent more time to carefully think out my vote before voting. Can we do another strawpoll?
>>
>>29677647
I "choose" the harem. What are you gonna do about it?
I don't actually care about relationships. They're just a waste of time and bring stories down. I'm in this for the adventure.
>>
>>29677671
>I choose to go left and right
>>
>>29677705
Guess what nerd you can go right and then go left when you're done.
>>
>>29677716
Not at the same time you can't :^)
>>
>>29677723
Use unicorn magic or ask someone to go right for you when you're going left. This is too easy.
>>
>>29677634
5 - 3, no - yes. I think I'm ok with this. With her looks Cas shouldn't have a hard time finding a stallion for herself.
>>
>>29677733
>ask someone to date your waifu while you date someone else
c
u
c
k
>>
>>29677744
You're the one making up all this retarded bullshit about why you can't have both.
>>
>>29677749
You're the one who can't understand a simple comparison. You don't get to choose both, be it romantic interests or paths. You could choose one after the other maybe, given the chance, but not both at once.
>>
>>29677763
This. I hope Cas finds someone.
A little part of me still wishes from Cas and Leaf to be together.
>>
>>29677763
Oh I got it, I just had to tell you that romance isn't black and white and you can have it all because everyone is an adult with a fully functional brain they can make choices and compromises with.
>>
>>29677797
Don't care. You can only choose one now. If you play your cards right you might get the chance to get both.
>>
>>29677812
My actual choice is no one because romance is garbage.
>>
>>29677797
Polygamous relationships are like communism.
Nice on paper, very hard to make work in real life.
Besides, the QM has said it's a no go. Cas and Sea wouldn't share a stallion with someone else, nor should they.
>>
>>29677339 >>29677352 >>29677361
>>29677364 >>29677376 >>29677378
>>29677395 >>29677397 >>29677404
>>29677426 >>29677428 >>29677432
>>29677445 >>29677446 >>29677462
>>29677479 >>29677500 >>29677547
>>29677558 >>29677567 >>29677592
>>29677634 >>29677639 >>29677647
>>29677648 >>29677657 >>29677671
>>29677705 >>29677716 >>29677723
"Cas, you... you caught my eye immediately and are the single nicest pony I've met here, but I can't do this. You were right before, we don't have time. What will you even do when we reach that city?"
"I am moving there." She keeps her eyes nailed firmly on the ground.
"And do you want me to drag you around searching for my home?" She doesn't answer, so you kiss her cheek and cover her back with a wing. "You won't have any trouble finding someone else with your looks and personality. Can't we be friends? I might even guess what your mark means to you." You try to joke, but her head only falls lower.
"Just..." She moves from under your wing and heads to her home, "I get it." She says, making a clear effort to keep a reasonable tone of voice. "Good night."

Right now I'll return to Hail for a while, but I'll start the next thread from the replies to this post.
>>29677749
Alright, you can have both if you want to.
Leaf gets to watch as Sea and Cas scissor passionately while laughing at him. That ok by you?
>>
>>29677838
I would prefer that if it mean we'd never have to see them again.
>>
>>29677838
Welp, never talking to her again. Let's go inside our house.
Thread posts: 571
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.