[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would they stand a chance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

File: Untitled.png (516KB, 1058x373px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
516KB, 1058x373px
Would they stand a chance?
>>
>>29479439
given how darth vader is nothing but a broken mask and a magic ghost at this point they're probabily fine.
>>
>>29479445
You know what I meant.
>>
>>29479484
they would win by default I already explained why.
>>
>>29479439
>force choke
>dead pony
>they can't use elements
>force lightning
>dead pony
>lightsaber throw
>dead pony
and so on
>>
>>29479439
Dont know
Who have the high ground?
>>
File: high-ground.jpg (155KB, 1207x1080px) Image search: [Google]
high-ground.jpg
155KB, 1207x1080px
>>29479874
Nyx will save the day!
>>
>>29479811
>shaking in rage and sorrow
>castle full of dead ponies
>>
File: 1456182208946.png (253KB, 805x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1456182208946.png
253KB, 805x1024px
>>29479439
magic vs the force would be a tie at best as magic can do everything the force can and a lot more. weapons, a light saber would seem to be unbeatable but could likely be countered with magic or a magic weapon so that tends towards a tie as well. Physically, AJ could kick vader's ass.

imo, 1v1 would be a tossup, but vader vs the main 6 would result in a major loss on his part.
>>
>>29479903
What has been AJ's greatest show of strength? I don't recall her doing anything extraordinary. Kicking trees all day doesn't give one super strength.
>>
>>29479874
From his point of view the ponies are evil!
>>
>>29480198
Then he has already lost
>>
Do ponies like sand?
>>
Depends on whose home turf they're fighting in. Vader would beat them in his galaxy where The Force is the greatest power. If they're in Equestria where friendship is the greatest, then ponies. If they used the elements on him he'd probably regrow his limbs and become good again.
>>
>>29480171
Earth ponies are all strong as fuck
>>
>>29479439
Ponk can solo the whole SW universe.
>>
>>29480307
The show has never made that canon. Pinkie was completely useless at bucking trees. They all have a strong connection to nature; not superstrength. Maud and Mac are exceptions.
>>
>>29480420
Pinkie was breaking stones with her bare hooves.
>>
>>29480433
...in an alternate timeline where she was probably juicing on magical cupcakes or some shit.
>>
>>29480237
>implying firendship isnt the force
Stop fucking up my headcannon
>>
>>29480504
>probably

Baseless assumptions aren't arguments.
>>
>>29480565
"All earth ponies having super strength" is a baseless assumption you rube.
>>
File: HTT.png (312KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
HTT.png
312KB, 529x529px
>>29480420
This.
There are plenty of wimpy Earth pones.

The whole "Earth poners have great strength" nonsense came from people trying to ascribe some special quality to the unlucky, flightless, magicless horses who got the shit end of the stick.
>>
>>29479439
Vader was deliberately constructed with the most outdated technology available so he couldn't challenge Palpatine. He would lose dramatically
>>
>>29480420
>>29480652
>Princess Celestia: Tirek has stolen enough magic that he now has the strength to steal flight as well. Without Pegasi to control the weather, there will be no rain in Equestria. There is word he has gone after Earth ponies as well. Without their strength, they will not be able to tend the land.

Not canon huh.
>>
>>29480652
That wasn't my argument, I was addressing only the idea of using Pinkie as an example of a weak pony.
So far there were examples of earth ponies with super-strength, there was an explicit statement that earth pony do have their own magic and it was shown that an earth ponies can be trained to break rocks down with their bare hooves (Maud and alternative timeline Pinkie).

And then we also take into an account that Pinkie is basically a reality-warping god.
>>
>>29480671
There's also plenty of flightless pegasi, and magicless unicorns. It doesn't change the fact that the majority of them can fly though, or can use magic. Same theory with Earth Ponies.
>>
>>29480704
Yep. After Tirek took their magic they couldn't even stand and thus not having the strength to do anything. Nowhere does that imply superstrength, Sorry but your headcanon's been debunked.

>>29480565
Pinkie couldn't get herself unpinned from a mild sized rock in the normal timeline and needed Maud to save her. She obviously had to be doing some kind of juicing in the AU.

>>29480738
Except we've never seen a significant number of earth ponies display super strength. Maud, Mac, and that one filly have been the only examples to display it.
Their races special ability has always been having a special connection to the earth. Super strength was something the fandom invented with no basis in the actual show.
>>
>>29480808
That's a cute way to backpedal anon. You said here.
>The show has never made that canon.
I gave you a quote that in fact proves it's canon. So your headcanon that they don't have superstrength is debunked.
>>
>>29480808
>obviously
>>
>>29480837
What quote? "Without their strength, they will not be able to tend the land"?
Everyone needs strength to work the land you imbecile. That doesn't mean they have super strength.
Also AJ couldn't even unpin herself from an even smaller rock than Pinkie's and both were in life threatening situations.
>>
>>29480837
>having enough strength to grow crops gives you super strength

fuck dude humans had super strength all along
>>
>>29480853
Well the obvious answer is inconsistent writing. But this is a Star Wars Vs Pony thread so I wanted to give a serious answer.
>>
>>29480808
What about all the Earth Ponies that pull the trains? Or the ones that pull the carts in Manehatten? Or the Mccolts, that routinely rebuilt entire forts daily? Or Doctor Caballeron, who's built like a truck?

There's plenty of strong Earth ponies. I'd even argue that Applejack counts as super strong, considering she broke the 'test your strength' machine.

Just because not every Earth Pony is lugging around huge boulders whenever they're onscreen doesn't mean that they can't be super strong. Just like how just because not every unicorn is stopping time like Twilight doesn't mean they can't cast spells.
>>
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis "the wise"? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
>>
>>29480937
I mean, I'll agree that the idea that all earth ponies are super strong is bullshit, but they can clearly become stronger than the other races through exercise and training.
>>
>>29479439
*teleports behind you*
nothin personnel darth
>>
>>29480949
Is it possible to learn this power?
>>
>>29480889
>Well the obvious answer is inconsistent writing.
You wish.
You lack the necessary abilities to provide an adequate critique to the show.
So far, there were literally zero contradictions in the show regarding Pinkie.
Writers gave her an ultimate answer to any sort of "why won't she do her weird stuff when it matters" by making her a precog.

But even disregarding that, you're completely missing the point, as what I've stated was, precisely: "can be trained to break down stones with their bare hooves".
Normal timeline Pinkie is a party planner. Unlike Maud, she doesn't use excessive strength in everyday activities. Alternative timeline Pinkie is an active soldier specializing on CQC, hence the strength.
>>
>>29480937
There was a group of them pulling the train which, if I remember correctly from the train mystery episode, is made mostly of wood rather than modern day steel. A 4 big humans could pull that on level ground too.
Pulling regular sized carts is something normal ponies can do and doesn't require Maud-boulder-tossing strength.
The Mccolts example highlights their carpentry skills but doesn't say anything about their muscles.
Caballeron is a supervillain so it wouldn't surprise me if he was tougher than average but I don't recall him displaying any feats of strength.
As for AJ, she couldn't get her foot out from under a small rock with a giant Timberwolf lumbering towards her. So we're either left with another case of inconsistent writing or pretending the machine was calibrated to foals.
>>
>>29481049
>A 4 big humans could pull that on level ground too.

At fifty miles an hour? Look how fast it was moving when the mane six were talking to each other inside.

>The Mccolts example highlights their carpentry skills but doesn't say anything about their muscles.

Nigger, their wall is made of hundreds of solid log poles; even if it is carpentry, that's an impressive display of strength.

>AJ

It was probably inconsistent writing. After all, there's many times where she's been strong outside that one episode. Mare Do Well, for example, or any time she bucks a tree.
>>
File: 647866.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
647866.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
>>29479439
They will be fucked
>>
So, where is Beans?
>>
>>29479439
Now that i wonder, if they were able to use the elements of harmony. Would be the elements have the power enough to bring back Anakin Skywalker considering what they did to Nightmare Moon?
>>
>>29481136
I didn't say they could pull it fast. But the hardest part in moving a wheeled object is getting it started. Wheels and gravity start helping you after that. Then it just becomes a matter of how fast the puller can run, which is a question of speed, not strength.

Now that I think about it, the Mccolts and Hayfields had some big ponies among them so they probably had some horsepower on their side.

But I think we're getting sidetracked. The only point I was ever trying to get across was that earth ponies aren't inherently physically strong, which is a common belief among the fandom.
>>
File: 103.png (203KB, 538x549px) Image search: [Google]
103.png
203KB, 538x549px
>>29481202
Oh yes, I can totally agree with that. Sorry, I thought you were arguing that Earth Ponies couldn't be super strong at all.

That's my mistake. Cool?
>>
File: 1443888991099.png (728KB, 853x713px) Image search: [Google]
1443888991099.png
728KB, 853x713px
>>29481241
Fuhgeddaboudit.
>>
File: Kreiahoodlessconcept.jpg (34KB, 260x392px) Image search: [Google]
Kreiahoodlessconcept.jpg
34KB, 260x392px
>>29479439
Maybe, he's just a shell of his former strength.

They definitely couldn't deal with pic related though.
>>
File: 1484886199128.gif (914KB, 720x306px) Image search: [Google]
1484886199128.gif
914KB, 720x306px
I don't see why not.
>>
File: 1483372572223.png (3MB, 3099x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1483372572223.png
3MB, 3099x1700px
Friendly reminder to the possible star wars PLEBS itt.

If you're wondering, Rouge One isn't even a Star Wars movie.
>>
29481524(You)
back to /tv/, child
>>
>>29479439
This isn't even a competition. Vader and the ponies are on two completely different levels. Vader is a fucking force of nature. He's a killer. The ponies wouldn't stand a chance against someone like him given who they've fought before.
>>
>>29480171
She stopped a cart full of ponies rolling down a hill at high speed in mysterious mare do well. That's pretty stronk if you ask me.
>>
>>29479811
>use elements
>dead sith
>>
File: attempt.jpg (5KB, 228x222px) Image search: [Google]
attempt.jpg
5KB, 228x222px
>>29481537
(You)
>>
>>29480695
we're talking about a dark lord of the sith versus small horses
>>
>>29480695
That outdated canon was to highlight just how badass Vader was: that even with a shit suit he could still take on anyone.
>>
I think he'd be matched by one of the princesses. Can't say how many townsponies or guards he would stack up before they got to him though.
>>
>>29482217
This, pretty much. Initially an awareness game: Vader's precognition puts him at an advantage as the fight begins, and once in action he's only going to be matched by the highest-tier magic users out there. Once that begins, it's a question of who can adapt to the others' abilities faster.
>Twiggles probably has the raw power, but not enough combat experience to pull off a victory
>Cadance's sole trick is to try and mind-rape him into feeling love again... which only fuels his bitter hate over the woman he loved being lost. Ded princess.
>Celestia or Luna are at least on par, if not capable of defeating him.
>Discord is a reality warper, so it's as lopsided as Vader versus a random town poner.
>>
>>29479439
They would use the magic of friendship to turn him back into Hayden Christensen.
>>
>>29482441
That's a fate worse than death
>>
File: 1271970.png (344KB, 3961x3002px) Image search: [Google]
1271970.png
344KB, 3961x3002px
>>29482448
Hey, it happened to Glimmer.
>>
>>29482462
>Starlight Glimmer and Darth Vader
>Both grew up with a deep emotional reaction to something that occurred in childhood (Sunburst leaving vs. Anakin's slavery/Shmi's death)
>Both became increasingly unstable as time went on and their power grew (Glimmer's magic vs. Anakin's Force)
>Both sought to privately confront the character they believed their vision of the future hinged on (Twilight vs Palpatine)
>Both abandoned everything they ever stood for on being shown an inaccurate promise of the future by a more powerful character (Glimmer with Twilight's wasteland reality vs. Anakin with Palpatine's promise to save Padme)
>Both now serve said more powerful character, acting in direct contradiction to their previous emotions and point of view (Twilight vs. Palpatine)
D-Does this mean at the end Glimmer will realize Equality truly was the right way, only to die a martyr to its cause after throwing down Twilight Sparkle?

pleasepleaseplease
>>
>>29482330
Discord was defeated by 3 of the ponies you listed there with minimal effort
>>
>>29482642
>defeated
kek
>>
>>29482642
The fuck are you on? No single pony has ever defeated Discord. Even if you take the alicorn sisters working together, they didn't do it without the Elements.
>>
>>29482678
>sealed in stone
>essentially made comatose
>not defeat
>>
>>29482681
Celestia can use the elements on her own
>>
>>29482642
That's like saying you could defeat John Cena if you had a gun and thermal goggles so you could see him coming.
>>
>>29482719
You know, I'm a sunfag so I'd love it if that were true, but Celestia outright says the Elements no longer respond to her; it's pretty clear that was a oneshot ability perhaps granted by the Elements.

Plus, in addition to the above, they kind of put the elements into the castle-tree.
>>
>>29482686
>he literally stood there while waiting for them to launch their nuke.
>defeated.
>>
>>29480307
Didn't she handily lose a hoofwrestling contest to Rainbow Dash? As in, RD slammed her hoof down hard enough that she flipped AJ over?
Doesn't that pretty much blow the fanon strength out of the water?
>>
>>29479811
I need a fic or art of this pronto
>>
>>29479439
Normally I would say yes, but only if the fight took place outside of that hallway.

I have no choice but to believe that nothing could stop vader in that specific hallway.

>>29481430
Kreia would make a great anti-mentor for Twilight or Glim Glam.

Fuck, I might do a little green with that.
>>
>>29479439
Anybody have a quick rundown on Vader?
>>
>>29483186
>Anybody have a quick rundown on Vader?
Kyle Katarn curb stomps him with close to zero efforts - that's all I know.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.