[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broken Hearts (CYOA)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 15

File: Broken Hearts.png (3MB, 3622x5983px) Image search: [Google]
Broken Hearts.png
3MB, 3622x5983px
You look in the mirror. It's the same old image, staring back at you. A yellow mane, a blue-ish coat, and eyes as red as a Hearts and Hooves Day candy.

Well, some of the candies. Sometimes they're pink, or purple, or some kind of shade of red that isn't quite red, and it makes you say, "Well, it might as well be red." Most ponies tend not to agree with you on that, but that's not the point. The point is you have red eyes. You like your red eyes.

Or rather, sometimes you liked them. And sometimes you liked your mane and sometimes you liked your coat. It's a rare day that you like all three of them. But you don't need to like all three. Nopony needs to like all three. It doesn't matter what you or anypony else thinks.

All that matters is what you know. You know that you are tough. You know that you are strong. You know that as long as you live, you'll only ever need you and nopony else. You're your own mare, big and strong.

"Cuddle Bug? Miss Cuddle Bug are you there?", shouts a voice from outside your room. It reminds you that you aren't really a big mare. You're still just a filly.

"That nice family I told you about is here to see you! They were very excited to meet you!"
And an orphan. No family to speak of. At least none that you knew of. None that wanted anything to do with you, in any case.

"Are you coming, Miss Cuddle Bug?"

You aren't sure if you are coming. You don't really know if you even care enough to respond to Sister Foster. You've been through this song and dance more than a few times. You don't really care to go through it again.
>>
>>29457870
Even if we don't care, we may as well force ourselves to do it for Sister Foster. She's trying her best for us.
>>
>>29457870
Lets go meet them.
>>
>>29457870
ask for a moment, think on the situation. Is there really any reason for things to go differently this time? From how it sounds, anything's better than how things were.
>>
>>29457870
Let's go then. At least try to look happy.
>>
>>29457870
Time to get disappointed again. Go outside.
>>
>>29457870
Try to be a happier moff.
>>
>>29457870
Just think of all the bad things that can happen from leaving your room.
>>
>>29457910 >>29457917
>>29457937 >>29457960
>>29457984 >>29458019
>>29458199

"J-just a minute, Sister Foster!", you stutter out. You always stutter when you're nervous. You hate stuttering. It makes you look dumb. And you really, REALLY don't like looking dumb. Sometimes you can't help it though. With these dumb buggy wings, and your silly looking antennae . And the fluff! Your stupid puffy chest fluff!

There really isn't much to like about your mothy self. And if you don't like yourself, how could this so-called "new family"? All the others before seemed plenty eager to take you as a daughter... until they see what you are. Most ponies don't enjoy the prospect of a bug pony daughter. They see bug, they think changeling, and that association puts most ponies off.

You don't see any real reason that this will go any differently. Empty thoughts echo through your head. Not quite sadness. Just, memories of indifference. Memories of her... you wonder what she must be doing. Wonder if she must be happy. You could certainly stand to be a bit happier. Maybe you could try to be happy. Happiness is nice. Even though you know this will just lead to more disappointment. It's always disappointment.

But... Sister Foster tries so hard for you. Even if you don't want to, you could at least give this another shot for her. You close your eyes and breath deep. It doesn't help much though. You just start thinking about all the sadness and disappointment that waits outside that door. All the awful things the world holds for you. But... as true as those thoughts might be, they won't help you now.

"Be happy, be happy..." ,you tell yourself, half-heartedly. You don't really feel happy. But it's the best. your going to get. So you step outside your room, and greet Sister Foster.

"So good to see you today, Cuddle Bug." ,Sister says cheerfully. "I trust you slept well? You certainly look well rested. Though, you could stand to look a bit happier. Let's have a smile, hm?"
>>
>>29458276
How about I smile when we're just about to meet them?
>>
>>29458276
Sure. A smile is a smile, no matter half hearted it is.

should ask Foster though, after how the others' have gone, it's really done a number on our confidence.
>>
>>29458276
Do you think this family will like me, Sister?
>>
>>29458276
Smile.
>>
>>29458276
Nah, I think I am going to try to look pathetic and pitiable instead. It's more in my range.
>>
>>29458307 >>29458308
>>29458316 >>29458322
>>29458420

You think about it for a moment. You could smile. But maybe you could also tell her a joke. Jokes are always fun.
"Nah," you say with dry sarcasm, "I think I'm going to look pathetic and pitiable instead. It's more in my range, you know?" You personally think it's hilarious, and give yourself a mental chuckle. But seeing the look on Sister's face, one of concern, tells you maybe it wasn't so funny after all.

"You worry me sometimes, Cuddle.", she says very matter-of-factly. She means nothing bad by it. She's genuinely concerned. but knowing that you're making her worry only makes you feel worse. Maybe you should cut it out with the jokes. You aren't that funny anyway.

Maybe you should try smiling after all. A smile is a smile, no matter how half-hearted. But can you even put half your heart into a smile? You don't know. Might as well try. Pulling your face into that strange contortion of muscles called a smile, you look at Sister with what you hope is an expression that displays how happy you're pretending to be. You're met wit a brief twinge of uncomfortableness, followed by a smile that is equally as forced from Sister Foster. At least there's some real care and concern put behind hers.

"That's, uh... that's very good, Cuddle Bug! Much better than last time. And I can see those braces are really helping the alignment keep that smile nice and pretty!" Oh gosh, you had forgotten about your braces. You resolve not to give anypony any actual smiles unless it really seems like they want one. Even if they want one, you might not. You hate your braces even more than you hate your fluff. Just your fluff though. You remember something... some other fluff, that wasn't yours. Soft, and warm, and welcoming; you wonder whatever happened to that fluff.

"Sister?" ,you begin meekly. "Do you think this family will like me? How do you know it won't be like the others?" She gives you a look.

"Do you trust me?" , she asks.
>>
>>29458626
yes.
>>
>>29458626
I suppose.
>>
>>29458626
Yes, Sister, I do.
>>
>>29458626
>moff
>fluff
>filly
>braces
>"Cuddle Bug"
Cuteness level is at 85% and rising, sir.
>>
>>29458626
Kind of. You haven't had the best success rate.
>>
>>29458626
I trust you to keep trying. I trust life to stymie you at every turn.
>>
>>29458652 >>29458656
>>29458666 >>29458722

Do you? Your pretty sure you do. In fact, your almost one hundred percent. Except, no, you aren't sure. Not at all. You want to trust her. Dangit, what do you say? What can you say? You don't know to say. Thankfully, your mouth seems to know what you want to say, whether you mean to or not.

"Yes, Sister, I do. Or, I mean," ,you continue. "I suppose. Well, kind of. You haven't exactly had the best success rate." Oh geez, did you really just say that.. Oh no, oh gosh, you didn't mean for it to come out like that. You can already see the sadness creeping into her eyes as you remind her of all the failed attempts at finding a home for you. Of all the potential families that have come and gone, and all the chances for real happiness that you had. Oh no, wait. That's you. You're spiraling. But Sister Foster only seems slightly sullen by your comment.

"I... I know that our track record hasn't been the best when it comes to you." ,she starts with the dulcet tones of a soothing... of a soothing something. Mother? No, not mother. Mothers don't soothe. "But I promise you, this will be different. You have my word."

You aren't sure what good her word would do you in this situation. But you want really badly to believe her. So you give a nod, and follow her sluggishly through the orphanage. Down a hall, a flight of stirs, through another hall, past countless other rooms, filled with fillies and colts just like you. Well, not just like you. Some were older, some younger, and most, if not all, were not moth ponies. You don't know, you've never met all the other fillies and colts here.

As you pass the front desk, you see Mr. Hawkeye, in his fancy black cowboy hat, hiding his bright pink mane. He gives you a wink as you pass by. his Diamond Dog friend just stares at you disdainfully. She does that to everypony though. You don't know her name.

"All right, Cuddle Bug." ,Sister says. "Put on your best face. " You'll certainly try.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29459006
lets smile and head on in.
>>
>>29459006
Alright, let's go for it.
>>
Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Breath out and smile.
>>
This is gonna turn out like cough syrup isn't it
>>
Depressed orphan bump
>>
>>29461409
>>
>>29459030 >>29459103
>>29459730

You put on your best not-quite-smile, trying your hardest not to make your braces so prominent. It's hard, but you wind up with a sort of tight lipped, no teeth smile that is slightly uncomfortable, but that you're sure looks okay. Sister Foster doesn't seem to be offended by it at the very least. So smile at the ready, you prepare yourself for potential disappointment and walk into the meeting room with Sister Foster.

Upon entering the room, you are met with a surprising sight. This room is absolutely full to burst with ponies, fillies and colts of all ages, and at least a few adults! Sitting at a table close to you are two ponies a stallion and a mare. They both look rather well-to-do, well dressed and styled hair. Not overdressed, but certainly not hurting for a sense of fashion. They seem a bit aloof though, a bit uninterested. Uninterested in what though?

Not too far from them is a mare, siting all by her lonesome. She seems a bit... empty. Not like how you're empty though. It's hard to explain, but something about her just seems off. She spies you looking at her from across the room, and gives you a toothy smile. She looks almost... hungry? Maybe you're just imagining it.

All the way at the end of the room is another couple, two stallions. They seem to be the source of all the other fillies and colts in the room. At least, they all seem to be running back to them when they run out of breath or get tired. You wonder how two stallions could produce so many children. Is that even possible?

"Are you surprised, Cuddle Bug? , Sister Foster says, beaming. "Not just one, but three potential candidates! And all of them eager to leave here with a filly in tow. Now, there's plenty of time to speak with all of them, but who would you like to speak to first?"
>>
>>29463263
The two stallions, I think.
>>
>>29463263
I think the hungry mare is interesting. But let's go to the bored looking couple.Maybe they'll surprise us.
>>
>>29463263
I vote empty mare. She might not be empty in the same way as us, but she's clearly off, and we're clearly off, and maybe she'll be better suited to understand us. Plus she smiled at us even though we look like a depressed ball of moff fluff and sadness.
>>
>>29463418
She might be a bug.
>>
>>29463502
So are we.
>>
>>29463502
That's not the kind of bug you wanna be around anon.
>>
>>29463592
>
>>
>>29463263
Voting the two stallions if there is a moth among their foals.
If not i second >>29463418
>>
>>29463263
I say go for the couple and if that doesn't work out we go to the mare.
>>
>>29463321 >>29463418
>>29463502 >>29463522
>>29463731

"I, uh, I think I'd like to talk to that mare over there. The one that's by herself." Sister Foster smiles at your choice but you can sense something behind it. You don't know why but you feel like she's not entirely happy with your decision. did you make a mistake? These ponies are here for you, aren't they? You can't possibly make a wrong choice. Unless you can. Can you? Dangit, you're doing it again.

"Let's walk you over then." ,Sister Foster says. It's a struggle working through the crowd of twenty or so rambunctious foals, but you both manage, and wind up taking a seat next to the strange mare. She seems to get fidgety as you both approach, but the hungry smile never leaves her face. In fact, it only seems to get more intense. It's starting to make you a bit uncomfortable.

"Good afternoon, Miss Ava Riss, and once again, I must thank you for coming here today." ,Sister Foster starts off. It's the start to a short little speech you've heard many times before. "At Our Lady of the Golden Sun, we strive to provide the best we can for the poor, unfortunate foals that walk through our doors, but it warms our hearts and pleases us greaty to see that there are kindhearted... ponies such as yourself, who are willing to welcome these foals into your heart and your home. I've already told you about the filly you're about to meet, but for formalities sake, this is Cuddle Bug."

The mare, Ava Riss, looks at you with greedy eyes. Greedy eyes? No, that's just your imagination again. Your dumb, stupid imagination.
"Hello, little Miss Bug." ,Ava says, seeming to linger on each word as though it carried some great weight to it.

"H-hello." ,you reply with your stutter.

"Miss... Foster, was it?" , Ava starts. "I'd love to start talking to my lovely little moth missy, but... do you think you could step away for a moment? Give us a little privacy?"

>Sister Foster looks to you, as if seeking your approval.
>>
>>29464309
Let's give her a nod.
>>
>>29464309
Sure.
>>
>>29464309
Oh god stay away from her.
>>
>>29464309
We should not fully trust this mare, she seem to be bad news already.
>>
>>29464309
I sense no red flags at all here. Leave me with this innocent mare, as pure as the driven snow.
>>
>>29464309
Sure lets get some privacy.
>>
>>29464318 >>29464381
>>29464418 >>29464498
>>29464630 >>29464711

You think to yourself, "No, this mare isn't right! I have to stay away from her!" "She's bad news!" ,you echo in your mind. But then again, what do you know? Your just a silly little filly, with no friends and no talent. Who are you to judge anypony on appearance alone? There can't possibly be any harm in that. So you give Sister Foster a nod of affirmation.

"That''l be no issue, Miss Riss." ,Sister says. "Call me when you're done. Enjoy your time together you two."
"Oh, don't worry," Ava says. "I will." Sister Foster leaves the two of you and goes to speak with the two stallions in the corner. They seem to greet her like an old friend, but you aren't focused on them right now. This Ava lady has you're full attention.

"Tell me a bit about yourself, my mothy missy moo." ,Ava says. "Do you have any hobbies? Anything in particular that you like to do? Or, maybe you're not quite comfortable telling me about yourself, hmm? Maybe you have a few things you'd like to ask me?"
>>
>>29465095
I invoke the OP post characterization to discuss what we like.
>You like your red eyes. Or rather, sometimes you liked them. And sometimes you liked your mane and sometimes you liked your coat. It's a rare day that you like all three of them. But you don't need to like all three. Nopony needs to like all three.
As for you, what made you decide to come here?
>>
>>29465095
Why do you seem so empty
>>
>>29465095
You like to play hide and seek and also with toys. You also like pretty things. Ask where she comes from and what she likes. What does she like about us?
>>
>>29465095
Do you have a special somepony, or would it only be us two?
>>
>>29465176 >>29465178
>>29465194 >>29465220

"W-well, I like to play hide-and-seek." ,you mumble. "A-and I have a few toys I like to play with. Oh, and, i like my eyes."

"Do you like to play with your eyes?" ,Ava questions jokingly.

"W-well, no." ,you respond nervously. "I just meant that, I like the way my eyes look. Not all the time though. Sometimes I like my mane more. And sometimes I only like my coat. It's kinda hard for me to like them all though. And I don't really like my wings or my antennae at all."

"Hm. Well," Ava starts. "If it makes you feel any better, I think that all of those things are very beautiful. Your eyes, your mane, your coat. And even if you don't like them, I think your wings and antennae are especially adorable."

"Y-you really think so?"

"Of course. They make you stand out. Make you unique. It's not every day you see a moth pony after all. I mean, I've seen a few, but of all of them, I have to say, you're the cutest." Her flattery sits light in your chest. It makes you feel a bit fluttery. Nice, even. It's nice to hear somepony say that they like the way you look, even if it doesn't matter, since you are big and tough after all. But, maybe, just maybe, this Ava mare isn't so bad.

Ava runs her hoof across your cheek, and even though it makes you a little uncomfortable, the feel of another pony makes you... happy? You aren't really sure. You feel something though. Something strange.

"Miss Ava?" ,you ask. "Do you have a special somepony? Or would it just be us two?"

"Special someponies are overrated. So many that can't look past the surface. And some that can't look past what goes deeper..."

"Is that why you see so empty? You don't have a special somepony? Did somepony hurt you?"

"You're awfully perceptive, Cuddle Bug. No, nopony hurt me. But, I am a bit empty. Can you keep a secret?"
>>
>>29466034
Yes
>>
>>29466034
I can
>>
>>29466034
Yeah. I'm pretty quiet anyways.
>>
>>29466034
Sure. We just met her and she is already telling us a secret? She really must like us.
>>
>>29466034
>Special someponies are overrated
Making such a grand, absolute statement like that has me worried.

The previous familes that adopted Cuddle Bug didn't keep her because they didn't really want to adopt a foal, now did they? They wanted to adopt a foal just to make them feel good about something else. And I think this mare has something fishy behind her intent. I mean it's just being careful at this point, she knows well by now that adults can lie, just not necessarily with malice.
>>
File: 1486776336665.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1486776336665.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
>>29466034
FUCK SHES GONNA EAT US, SHE'S PROBABLY SOME SORT OF BLACK WIDOW HORSE.

SET PANIC LEVEL TO AN 8.5, CAPTN'
>>
>>29466034
I love secrets. A secret held by two is a bond between them.
>>
>>29466044 >>29466078
>>29466116 >>29466319
>>29466350

"Yeah, I can keep a secret." , you say. "I'm usually pretty quiet anyway." This is weird but kind of exciting. You just met and she's already telling you a secret? She must really like you! But then again... the way she's been looking at you, that hungry smile and strange gleam in her eye have. Could she... is she gong to eat you? OH SWEET CELESTIA SHES GOING TO EAT YOU. That empty feeling must be an emptiness in her stomach and she's gonna take you home and eat you and then you'll be dead like one of those fillies in the ghost stories Mister Hawkeye is always telling you! Except, no. That... that sounds really dumb. Stuff like that doesn't happen in real life. Does it?

"I'm about to show you something very special." Ava begins. "Something I don't just show to anypony. Are you ready?" You nod. "Okay, good. Watch closely." You watch as close as you can. You watch as Ava runs a runs a hoof across the length of one of her legs.You watch as a green fire seems to engulf it. You watch as the leg turns from what you though was its natural color to a jet black, and as the leg becomes covered in holes, as if the belonging to a creature that was somehow incomplete. It stops at the leg, but with what little you were just shown, you think you know what's going on here.

"Well?" ,Ava questions. "What do you think?"
>>
>>29466509
That's pretty neat.
>>
>>29466509
Oh, are you a nice bug, then?
>>
>>29466509
>>29466529
>>
>>29466509
You're a bug and I'm a bug and we're both a little weird. That makes me feel a little hopeful inside.
>>
>>29466509
So you're a bug, like me?
>>
>>29466509
"You're so lucky. I would give anything to be able to turn into someone else. Anyone but me."
Trying to play a depressed filly is surprisingly actually a bit depressing.
>>
>>29466509
Oh so you need somepony to get love then. I think I can do that, but why are you hiding? I don't wanna live in a changeling hive.
>>
File: 1486607035764.jpg (74KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486607035764.jpg
74KB, 600x800px
>>29466509
Wow! She's just like us! She's a bug! But is she a friendly bug? Who's this pony she's pretending to be? What happened to her? Can't changelings only take the form of ponies they've already seen?

(But does she live in a hive or a house?)

(Why does she want a filly?)

(Why does she want US?)

(Changelings don't eat mothpones do they?)

PANIC LEVEL: Reduced to a 6.5, but still moderate.
>>
>>29466666
Easy there, super satan. Maybe she really just wants to adopt a filly. She might just want a normal life.
>>
>>29466679
She probably wants the free love from a desperate and lonely child.
>>
>>29466555
>>29466644
>>29466666
Fucking checked.
>>
>>29466708
Yeah? So do we. We both need love. Us perhaps even more than her.
>>
>>29466789
I'm not sure being in a parasitic relationship would be as mutually beneficial as you think.
>>
>>29466818
I'm still not convinced that's what this would be. Not all changelings, anon.
>>
>>29466521 >>29466529
>>29466550 >>29466555
>>29466563 >>29466568
>>29466644 >>29466666

"Oh, so you're a bug like me?" ,you say, surprised but not frightened. "That's pretty neat." Miss Ava seems a bit surprised by your reaction. Or rather your lack of one.
"You know," she starts, turning her leg back to it;s disguised coloration. "Most ponies would have been pretty frightened to know that they're sitting right next to a changeling. You're either really brave or... well, I don't know what."
"Well," you start. "You're a bug, and I'm a bug. And, we're both a little weird. I guess... that makes me hopeful inside." As the words come out of your mouth, you aren't sure if you believe them yourself, but they feel right.

"But, I do want to know one thing", you say. "Where exactly do you live? I don't really want to live in a changeling hive."
"Hive?" ,she scoffs. "Whoever said anything about a hive? Not all changelings like to live all huddled up, working day in and day out, for a chance at keeping themselves hidden and uncomfortable for a chance at some love that might not come. Some of us can think just fine on our own and would prefer to be kept far removed from Chrysalis or any of those other big hives."
"I live in an apartment on 7th street, one bedroom, really nice. Pay for it with a job I managed to score at some hoighty toighty dress start-up from some podunk village called Ponyville."
"Oh. Well, that's nice, I guess."

"How do you look like this though?" ,you question further. "Can't changelings only turn into ponies they've seen, or... you know, cocooned?"
"Common misconception. All it takes is a bit of concentration and a really good idea of what you're going to turn into looks like. Hold on just a sec." She goes digging through a bag at her side and pulls out a drawn-on piece of paper. Something resembling the shape of a pony sits on it.
"This is the character I came up with that you see before you. An original character, see? Pretty neat, huh?"
>>
>>29467125
Well it seems you're doing just fine for yourself. But why do you want to adopt? I mean, the last few parents I've had...didn't really seem like they really wanted a foal like me.

Inb4 this is like that vampire orphanage from the Witcher 3
>>
>>29467125
If I drew a pony then could you turn into that? That sounds like fun.activity.
>>
>>29467125
S-so you could be a mothpony?
>>
>>29467125
You seem nice, and you seem like your life is pretty okay. You probably don't want me then. Nobody else did.
>>
>>29467125
Huh, you seem like a really nice lady, Ava.
>>
>>29467125
>OC
I like her so far but if she tries to show us her furaffinity account I'm out.
>>
>>29467125
Can you... tell me more about your character?
>>
>>29467125
Why is your name like that word for being really greedy?
>>
>>29467270
Making up pony names is hard, especially if you are a bug.
>>
>>29467162 >>29467178
>>29467190 >>29467200
>>29467218 >>29467244
>>29467270 >>29467453

"You know, you seem like a really nice lady, Ava." ,you start off, prepared to break this off before something inevitably sours this situation. "Your life sounds pretty okay. You probably won't want me. Nopony else did."
"W-whoa, kid," she responds, slightly taken aback. "That's no way to see things. Look, I don't know what your hang-up is, but I'm going to shoot straight with you. If there's one thing I value, it's honesty."
You give her a look at this.
"Ironic, I know. But again, let me be honest. I won't abandon you for one reason and one reason only. I need love. And unfortuantely, every time I find someone who can give it to me... well, I just show them what I am, and they run off screaming. I've had to move towns at least four times, change my identity. I don't want to have to do that again. I've got it good here in Manehatten. I just need someone who can give me love and I'll be golden."
"I get if you don't want to live with me, cause, you know, changeling, but just promise you won't blow my cover if do, yeah? I don't think I can handle another move."
"...I promise." ,you say.
"Good."

"That's pretty selfish reasoning, you know." ,you say, more than a little hurt. "Is that why your name sounds like that one word for being greedy?"
"Avarice?" ,she says, impressed by your vocabulary. "Well, I mean, that's the inspiration for my name, but, that's kind of unintentional. Pony names are hard, you know?"
"And I'm a little hurt you feel that way. Yeah, it's blunt, but a girls gotta eat, you know? It's not like I wouldn't take care of you... but it's your decision."

"...Do you think you could be a mothpony?"
"Uh, well, I could try."
"What if I drew a pony. Could you turn into that?"
"Yeah, probably. No, definitely. Sounds like fun, actually. Something to do on a rainy day."
"Yeah, it does, kinda."

"Cuddle Bug?" ,shouts Foster. "Are you ready to talk to one of the others?"
>>
>>29467732
Well this was a nice conversation but everypony deserves a chance. Yes. Let's go to the bored looking couple. I'm a little hesitant with the stallions because it looks like we won't be getting as much of their attention since they have a lot of kids already.
>>
>>29467732
I'd ask why the two stallions are taking care of so many foals but are still here in an orphanage. I mean they look like they're already full up
>>
>>29467732
Well, Ava Riss really took a sour turn at the end. Thank you, depression. She seemed nice overall, though.
>>
>>29467767
They after them benefits!
>>
Of pause
>>
>>29467732
She wants a kid just for the love. I think that proves that she needs love, but not in the way she meant. Maybe we could help each other.
>>
>>29467732
I think I could live with a changling parent but lets check the others first.
>>
beb
>>
>>29467732
Just one more question.
If I were to go home with you and love you, would you love me too?
>>
>>29470399
THIS
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT IT COULDN'T GET CUTER
>>
>>29469625
>>
>>29467754 >>29467767
>>29467779 >>29467840
>>29470399

You do think that maybe it's time to move on. There are other ponies here for you to see. But... before you do, you have one last thing you'd like to ask Ava.
"Ava?" ,you start. "If I went home wit you, and loved you, would you love me?"
"I, uh," ,she fumbles. "I... I would give it my damndest, kiddo." You aren't quite sure what to make of that answer, but there's a sincerity behind her words. At least, you think there's some kind of sincerity. Who knows? You don't. You'd like to though.

"Are you quite ready now?" ,Sister Foster asks, maybe impatient, maybe just a little nervous. You get the impression she doesn't know about Ava's secret. But if she didn't, why would she be so uncomfortable? Unless, she isn't uncomfortable, and is just impatient after all. Maybe you took too long.
"Yes, I'm ready, Sister." ,you respond. You aren't really though. You wish you had more time to talk to everypony in this room. You'll just have to make due with the time you have though.

"I think I'd like to talk to the two stallions over there." , you say. "But, could you tell me why they have so many fillies and colts with them?"
"Ah, I could," ,Foster says. "But it's a them you should be asking the questions." As she walks you towards them, you see that while one of the stallions is tall, muscular, well-built, with a regal blue mane, the other is lanky, though toned. the lanky one has a wheelchair. His hindlegs don't seem to work.

As Foster goes through the Oour Lady of the Golden Sun spiel again, you get ready for what you're sure will be a strange conversation. The muscular one is the first to speak to you.
"Good morning, young lady. My name is Geonathan Geode-star." ,he says.
"And my name's Geohnny" ,his companion says. "Geohnny Geode-star."
"It's a pleasure to meet you, on this fine Manehatten morning."
>>
>>29471912
Likewise. Your name is cuddle bug.
>>
>>29471912
Is that a Jojo's reference?
>>
>>29471912
Ask if they're brothers. They sound like they are brothers.

Cuddlebug reminds me too much of myself and I really think she won't be happy around so many other ponies.
>>
>>29471912

We should ask some of the other kids what they think of these two stallions.
>>
>>29471971
>>29472012

"L-likewise, Misters. My name is Cuddle Bug."
"Cuddle Bug?" ,Geonathan says. "That's a cute name. But then, you're a cute little filly."
"Y-you too." ,your mouth says, the words spilling out of your mouth before you can think of them.
"What was that?" ,Geohnny questions.
"O-oh, I uh, I was just wondering if you two were brothers. You don't really look alike, but you have the same last name and your first names are really similar."
"Ah, close, little one," ,Geonathan says. "Not brothers, though we certainly are related. Geohnny here is my great, great , great grandson. Named in my honor. And what an honor it was, let me tell you."
"Great, great, great grandson?" ,you question in disbelief. "Just how old are you?"
"Well, if you'd believe it, I'm going on roughly on hundred and seventy years. Impressive, I know."
"B-but how?! That's a really long time Mister Geode-star!"
"Well, a good diet and proper exercise can really go a long way. And, please, call me Geonathan" You're having a bit of trouble believing that he's really as old as he says. You don't really see a reason for him to be lying though.

"Say, um, Mister Ge-, er, I mean, Geonathan. Do you mind if I ask some of the other foals some questions?"
"Oh? Of course! You'll want to see what they have to say about e before you make any kind of decision, right?" Boy, he read you like a book. Are you really that obvious? Or is he just perceptive? Probably just obvious.
"All right, children, line up nice and neat! Papa GeoGeo has a friend here who would like to ask you some questions." The writhing mass of fillies and colts comes to a halt almost immediately at the sound of Geonathans voice. They line up neat and orderly, as instructed. You count out about twenty foals. Now that they're all lined up, you're kind of drawing a blank on what exactly you wanted to ask them in the first place.
>>
>>29472416
To make getting answers simple I'm going to ask you to just raise your hooves alright? Every filly raise their hand. Now we know how many brothers and sisters we'd be getting. Then ask who likes to play outside. Then see who likes to play inside.
Who's the oldest? Who's the youngest?
>>
>>29472523
>hand
>>
>>29472416
Wow, kinda getting put on the spot here. Just wanted to talk to one or two of them really.
>>
>>29472416
Become very uncomfortable and nervous.
>>
>>29472523 >>29472678
>>29472689

"Well, alright." ,you start, a few questions coming to mind. "Um, so, I'm gonna ask a few things to you guys. And uh, raise your hoof, if, uh, you know, the question applies." You can feel them all giving you a funny look. You don't see it, but you can feel their spirits looking at you funny. You can feel them judging you.
"So, uh," ,you continue, your nerves practically frayed. "Which one of you is the oldest?" You can see a pair of colts at the far end both raise their hooves. They look strikingly similar. They must be twins.
"I'm Lio." , one says"
"And I'm Tio." ,says the other. "We're both ten years old." Okay, so the oldest of the bunch are a bit younger than you. You don't know what to do with that information.
"Oh, well, that's nice, I guess... So, um, who here likes to play outside?" Slowly, all of the ponies start to raise their hooves. "O-okay, well, uh, who likes to play inside?" All the hooves remain raised. Your brain goes blank. Panic sets in. Oh gosh, you're blowing it, YOU'RE BLOWING IT you'll never have a family like this how could anypony ever love such a dumb stupid moth who can't even come up with more than three stupid questions to ask, you're so useless useless useless useless useless useless useless usele-
"Come now, little one." Geonathan says, breaking you from your train of thought. You realize that your shaking quite violently. Everything feels heavy and you don't know why. "It's okay to be nervous. Here I'll help you."

"Alright, all!" ,Geonathan says, in a not-quite-shout. "Why don't you tell Cuddle Bug here what you think of Papa GeoGeo." One of the twins at the far end speaks up immediately.
"Oh ,man, you're the coolest Papa GeoGeo! You're so strong and big, and super smart and polite and just the coolest dude EVER!"
"Nuh-uh, Grandpa Geoseph is totally cooler!"
"I think you mean Uncle Geotaro."
"That's a really weeby way of saying cousin Jiovanni."
"You wanna fight about it Leo?!"
"BITE ME!"

1/2
>>
Soon the hall is a cacophonous roar of fillies and colts arguing about which family is superior. It's really all to baffling to you. How could it be possible that they're all fighting so intensely over something so trivial? Don't they love each other? And how does it make Geonathan feel, to see them fighting like that?
"Haha! Look at them go, Cuddle Bug!" , he exclaims. "Isn't it marvelous? All of them arguing, going back and forth like a group of warriors, so ready to defend their beliefs!"
>>
File: 1435106385990.jpg (13KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
1435106385990.jpg
13KB, 250x244px
>>29472928
Crazy alert. Who sees their kids fighting over nothing and thinks it's good?
>>
>>29472928
Ehhh, this family is NOT the one for Cuddlebug.
>>
>>29472928
Aren't they more like politicians? Warriors actually fight. But having that much energy is pretty admirable. Let's forget about them for now and let's ask what kind of house they live in. How big is the yard? Do you read like 5 bed time stories a night? How many fillies and colts are in rooms? How do you decide who get's to use the bathroom? How many bathrooms do you have?
>>
>>29472928
I don't... I don't think so.
>>
>>29472928
Should we tell them now that we aren't interested? Th-there's just too many fillies and colts, i-i don't think i can live with all of them... I would say i'm sorry, but i know you won't miss me, so it wouldn't really mean anything...
>>
>>29473031
That would be rude and judging a book by it's cover.
>>
>>29473037
Oh... S-Sorry then.
>>
>>29473060
But I will say you're right about it appearing too hectic and cuddle might not get the attention she deserves. But there is also some potential in there.
>>
>>29473031
I think we should find a way to excuse ourselves and speak to the bored looking couple.
>>
>>29473089
We tell them that we want everypony to have a chance.
I still prefer the bugpone, though.
>>
>>29472964 >>29472979
>>29472980 >>29473000
>>29473031 >>29473037
>>29473060 >>29473073

"I don't... I don't think so." In fact, all this arguing, all this conflict, it only makes you wonder: how has this family managed to last so long, with how intense this argument seems to be getting? So much yelling, so much anger... and with how many children there already are, chances are Geonathan would never have time for you anyway. Not that you deserve it.

"Hmm? No? Well, I can understand that. This aggression-no, this passion. To ponies who have never seen it before, it can be a bit much to watch."
"Why, even my dearest Marina, bless her soul... she could never really understand it either. But look closely, and maybe you'll see just what it is I find so wonderful."
Well, he might be right. But looking back at the crowd, all you can see is yelling, ponies getting in other ponies faces. It's a bit frightening. Maybe this family is just not for you. Or maybe you just don't belong.
"You still don't see it, do you? Each of them, beliefs in hoof, putting themselves on the line to defend them. There have been many foals in my family, Cuddle bug. Some of my blood, and some adopted. But as I gaze into this crowd, and see each of them as they are, I can hardly tell the difference. Because in this moment, all I can see is the Geode-star spirit, shining bright in all of them."
"Families don't have to agree everything, Cuddle Bug. Arguments are just a normal part of life. It's learning to not let these arguments interfere with the relationships you've made, learning to walk away with a deeper appreciation for the side you don't agree with; it is these things that strengthen our bonds. And I'd say it's what's made my family so close."
"Can you see it now, Cuddle Bug?"

Queued asking about the house. Or, you could politely excuse yourselves.
>>
>>29473153
I can kind of see it but it's still way too loud for something that's not even important.
>>
>>29473153
Maybe it works for them. Not really our speed though.
>>
>>29473153
This guy is talking about friendly rivalries, passion, and the competitive spirit. We're still trying to master not hating ourselves. I think this is a bit much for Cuddles at this point. She is at risk of losing herself even when alone, let alone in group this big and assertive. I think she would have the best chance to grow if she did it slowly, perhaps as an only child.
>>
>>29473211
I'm definitely in agreement here.
>>
>>29473153
"I can see that, but i don't really like... Arguments where there's a lot of shouting..."
>>
>>29473153
It makes sense sure, but after what cuddle bug went through arguments probably bring up some bad memories.

They mean well I'm sure, I wouldn't say yes to them unless there was some way she could get some time and help to find her confidence though. It seems really sink or swim to them, and Cuddle Bug has got cement shoes.
>>
>>29473201 >>29473209
>>29473211 >>29473217
>>29473225 >>29473228

"I mean," you begin. "I guess I can kind of see it. but I... I just-"
"No need to explain, Cuddle Bug. You're a gentler spirit than they. Gentler even than my dear Marina was. The Geode-star spirit is fierce and caring, but I'll admit, it can also be rather abrasive. I wouldn't want you to get hurt, bumping heads with one of your would be siblings." It's surprising to you how understanding Geonathan is. Under any other circumstances, maybe he would be the one for you. But that family... so big. And all that arguing! It doesn't do anything good for your thoughts. You doubt you'd last a day among them. But you only wish that you could be so confident.
"I... I just... Mister Geode-star, I-"
"Don't worry yourself, Cuddle Bug. As much as I would have liked a new addition to my family, the choice is ultimately yours. I won't attempt to force your hoof." His unwarranted kindness is jarring to you. Such soft-spoken words from such a giant of a stallion, with a a family like his; it's all so contradictory. And you wonder: how is it that this family can stay together, when they couldn't? This thought isn't allowed much time though.

"Go on, Cuddle Bug, I won't waste any more of your time. You've got other ponies to speak to, I'm sure. And whoever you speak to, I hope you find what you're looking for."
"Hold on to that gentle spirit. And good luck.
"Th-thanks, Geonathan." , you manage to stutter out.

You shuffle away slowly from the still arguing crowd of foals and fillies. The ruckus is starting to die down somewhat but it's still enough to be a bother. THe only ponies left for you to talk to are that bored-looking couple from before. Off towards the rooms entrance you can see that Sister Foster is still chatting them up. You'd like to go over, but... maybe it's best to wait for Sister to come get you.
>>
>>29473527
Let's go over and talk to the disinterested couple now.
>>
>>29473527
Nah, we've kept them waiting long enough. Go over there and let them know you're ready. Then you can just wait until the sister is done.
>>
>>29473527
Go over there but wait to be mentioned so you don't interrupt.
>>
File: 1486319375216.jpg (351KB, 615x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486319375216.jpg
351KB, 615x900px
>>29473551
My vote is for this. Geonathan was nice, but they're a bit 2fast4us. Maybe if it was just us and Geonathan, we'd be OK, but as it stands, we can't handle the stress of such a big family.

So far, the changeling seems friendly, but she's wanting us for food and nothing else, she doesn't really love us. But maybe we could make her love us in time? I dunno'.

Let's go and walk over to the couple, but let's stay behind sister where it's safe, we don't want to interrupt and say something dumb.
>>
>>29473527
Let's go over.
>>
>>29473651
I think the fact that she wants us just for love is a GOOD reason to pick her. Just like us, she has a warped view of how to relate to others. She left her hive, she lives alone, and has no interest in friends or children in the regular sense. We were left behind and don't think we deserve any of those things. We both need to learn to love.
>>
>>29473708
Maybe Anon, just maybe. Let's speak to the other couple before making a decision though.
>>
>>29473708
And you think either Cuddle Bug or Ava Riss could learn love from a family where the other doesn't know of it?

I think it'd work out, in their own way, but perhaps not in the ideal way.

If I could, I'd rather introduce the bug to the Geode-star family. Maybe live with her but spend time with them too. It'd work out for both of them.
>>
>>29473543 >>29473546
>>29473551 >>29473651
>>29473688

Slowly, sauntering, shuffling over to the couple and Sister Foster. You take care not to make a nuisance of yourself and act as small as you can. You know that eavesdropping is wrong, but as you stand there, trying your hardest not to exist, you can't help but over hear a word or two.
"She's such a fragile thing." ,you can hear Sister Foster say. "She's been this way for years, ever since her grandmare passed. Her mother's nowhere to be found and her father passed away when she was only three years old. She doesn't think very well of herself and the failed adoptions over the years have made her even mo- OH! Cuddle Bug! How long have you been standing there, my sweet?"
"N-not long." , you say, blatantly lying in an attempt to spare her feelings. Spare her feelings. Lying. Doing a bad thing to do a good thing. You guess it cancels out, but it still makes you feel awful.
"Oh, well, I trust that you're conversation with Mister Geode-star went well?"
"It was okay, I guess."
"Good, good. I think I'll do away with the formalities this time and simply allow you to speak with this lovely couple here. Please, all of you, have a pleasant conversation." With that Sister Foster walks off, this time to speak With Ava. You wonder what they'll talk about.

The couple in front of you didn't seem all that interested in much when you first saw them, but they seem very interested in you now that you've sat down with them. It's not quite like the attention Ava was giving you, but it's uncomfortable in it's own way.
The stallion introduces himself first, speaking with a foppish, dandy drawl.
"Why, hello there, little miss. Now aren't you just the ding dang cutest thang, I ever did darn see? The answer to that question, which was rhetorical, is yes. My name is Kenneth Tucker Derby, heir to the Derby fortune, and this lovely mare next to me Anna Louise."
"Charmed" ,she says heavily.
"How do you do on this fine day?" ,Kenneth asks.
>>
>>29474000
Um, not bad?
>>
>>29474000
We're a little hungry at the moment but other wise fine since the weather is nice. It's been a pretty exciting day too.
>>
>>29474000
Well enough? Not used to being with so many strangers in such a short time.
>>
>>29474000
So you're rich? If you're rich and fancy why would you want somepony like me?
>>
>>29474026 >>29474027
>>29474032 >>29474059

"Um. I'm not bad, I guess. I'm a little hungry, but the weather's nice so that's good."
"Do ya hear that darlin', the little miss, says she's hungry, and she still has something nice to say about the day. Now if that ain't the dandiest thing, I don't know what to think. Isn't she a peach, Anna?"
"A real sugar plum, Kenneth."
There's a weird dynamic going on here. The two don't seem very interested in each other except for when Kenneth throws a topic at Ann. They both seem interested enough in you though. It's almost like the opposite of what was going on with the Geode-stars.
"So, uh," ,stumble fumble you go. "You're rich or something? If you're so rich and fancy, why would you want somepony like me?"

"Ah, there it is, Anna, that sweet, sweet innocence, that misguided self-deprecation!"
"Yes, Kenneth, quite pitiable."
"You see, my fuzzy peach, my dear sweet Anna and I have spent our youths frolicking about and enjoying the wealth which my family has accumulated. However, in these, our calming years, as we settle down, we've come to find that having children of our own is no longer within our abilities."
"Right," ,Anna says. "Those are the only reasons. Nothing at all to do with anything else."
"Hush now, Anna, I'll lose my train of thought. Now where was I. Ah yes, my sweet little cobbler in the making, what me and the missus want is a beautiful, kindhearted sweet little filly to call our own, to pamper and love, and fill our hearts with joy! And what we were thinking is that a fuzzy, buggy, little dumplin' such as yourself fits the bill for such a desire perfectly."

"Now, o'course, this decision is yours to make, but allow me o incentivize this process of decision-making by reminding you that should you become our daughter by law, there is nothing we will not be able to provide you."
>>
>>29474573
How long have you two been together? What do you two think of each other?
>>
>>29474573
I smell marital issues.
>>
>>29474573
That all sounded great except for:
>"Right," Anna says. "Those are the only reasons. Nothing at all to do with anything else."
That worries me. The Jojos and the bug were at least honest.
"Oh yeah, we're loud and crazy as hell. Up to you if you're fine with that, but I promise you we all stick together."
"I kind of just want to eat the energy you spew out just by existing, but maybe we'll come to love each other, I'm willing to try if you are."
>>
>>29474573
Will you read us bed time stories and tuck us in? Play with us as often as either of you can? What do you think our daily life would be like?
>>
>>29474573
A family is more than the materials you throw at each other, what's a home worth if it has all the gold but none of the soul?

I think we should introduce everyone to each other. Seems like they can benefit more that way than by adopting just Cuddle bug.
>>
Currently I am thinking either these two or Ava. I want to learn more about these two first, though.
>>
>>29474651
So you're suggesting that we try to make the families be friends with each other and that would be better than adopting us? I guess I can see the logic in that, but I don't really see the depressed filly trying to play social matchmaker like that.
>>
>>29472928
I suppose it is kind of impressive
>>
>>29474573
Ask if you would be allowed to have a puppy.
>>
>>29473527
what a nice man it wont work as a family but maybe we can visit them one day.
>>
>>29474744
I mean, better than adopting her alone.
Imagine say if Ava Riss adopts Cuddle Bug, while making a good impression on the GeodesItalians that she goes over when Ava is at work, or something. The Derbys would do better being adopted into the Geode family actually. Or maybe the Derbys adopt Cuddle Bug while Ava lives with them, or something like that.

And it doesn't have to be playing matchmaker, just an innocent line of "I think you should adopt them instead of me" or "what about these other guys? They talked about passion for your ideals and love. You only talked about providing...stuff."

Who knows, maybe implanting those thoughts in their heads will be enough. She could get a heck of an extended family out of this, I think it's worth considering.
>>
>>29474573
Yeah, lots of red flags. I think Ava is the best bet. A fellow bug.
>>
>>29474804
The only problem with the idea is that ponies have their own needs and desires.
>>
>>29474879
But they haven't exactly revealed all, so why not just put the thought out there and leave it for them to choose? They've been doing the same for Cuddle Bug.

And haven't we been doing the same? Judging the 3 families based on our own wants and desires for her?
>>
>>29474804
>these ponies that came here looking to adopt would be better off adopting each other
Uh...
>>
>>29474614 >>29474619
>>29474640 >>29474647
>>29474651 >>29474768
>>29474778 >>29474798
>>29474874

"C-could I... do you think I could have a puppy?"
"A puppy?" ,Kenneth says with gusto. "Darlin', I'll buy you as many puppies as can fit in a kennel! You'll be swimming in puppies, drowning in 'em!" That sounds kinda nice you guess. Puppies are nice. But puppies aren't ponies. They can't love you like a pony can. They can listen, but they can't talk back. They may as well just be things. And things don't make ponies happy. At least, you don't think they do. You've never really had things either.
"What do you think we'd do every day? Would you guys have time to play?"
"Oh boy, did I hear somepony say play?" ,Kenneth questions excitedly. "Because, boy howdy do I love to play! Don't matter the name o' the game or the rules you play by, if it's a game, Ken Tucker Derby is ready to give it a whirl!" Well, that's nice. He seems to like games even more than you do. But now it's time for a really important question.

"Would you guys...you guys...would you be able to tuck me in at night? Read me stories maybe. I-I like stories." You really like stories. Grandma used to read you stories before she-
"I would be delighted to read to you, sugar plum, when I can." Anna says. "Read, tuck you in, brush your mane, anything to make you nice and comfortable. And don't let your imagination stop there. Remember honey, anything you want, we can get for you." That does sound really nice. But, when she can? What does that mean? You hope it doesn't mean what you think it does.

In any case, these seem like really nice ponies, but you still have no clue if you're right for them. Still so much that you don't know and so much about yourself that's wrong. So many ponies here willing to give you a home and a family, but all so different. All with different reasons. You don't deserve so many options.
"Well, hey now, peach fuzz, is somethin' the matter? You can ask us anythin' if ya got concerns."
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29475243
Just come out and ask them about the "Those are the only reasons. Nothing at all to do with anything else" thing.
>>
>>29475243
"So many ponies are willing to give me a home, but...i don't know if I can be a good enough daughter for all of them..."

For them, in any case, I'd ask if they're getting a filly to distract from their problems with each other. In that childlike innocent way they so adore. But really, I'll still stand with my earlier decision>>29474651. Everyone all wants something from her, but I don't doubt they've got good intentions.

You know, for a quest about getting over past issues to find a better family, there sure has been plenty of depression and wallowing. Perhaps ANY family's ending would be a good ending? Better than staying here at least. Because of all the possible bad things that could happen with any one of them, being overwhelmed by assertive siblings or a guardian who can't exactly love her back, or parents who will shower you with gifts to distract from their arguments with each other, is any of that going to be worse on the psyche than another round of failed adoption?
>>
>>29475243
"Puppies are just things." That's kind of a fucked up thing to say.
What will happen when you do something bad or a mistake? Will we be returned?
>>29475309
I think the rich ones are the best because those give the most options to find happiness outside the house. You can make a lot of friends when you're rich. Just don't let them know your rich for awhile.
>>
>>29475331
Rich family or Ava are both possible choices
>>
>>29475331
Here's another thought. Rich family couple probably afford psychiatric help for our little Cuddles too.
>>
broken water bump
>>
>>29476443
>>
My vote is still going for Ava.
>>
>>29475243
"Do you... You know... Love eachother..?"
>>
>>29474804
I think you are getting in over your head anon.
>>
>>29475309
>For them, in any case, I'd ask if they're getting a filly to distract from their problems with each other
This
>>
>>29477043
>>
>>29477801
>>
>>29478393
>>
>>29475296 >>29475309
>>29475331 >>29477121

"So many ponies are here today. So may of them want to give me a home, but... I don't know if I can be a good enough daughter for any of them."
"Aw, well, you see," Kenneth starts up. "If there's one thing my daddy taught me, little miss, it's that there are no bad children, only bad parents."
"But what if I'm bad?! What if I make a mistake? Will you... will I have to comeback here?" Anna looks at you in shock.
"Darling, I don't know what gave you the idea that that's normal, but parents don't just abandon their children just because they act up. If that were the case, I'd have ended up in an orphanage many times over in my foalhood."
"So, you wouldn't get rid of me?"
"We wouldn't dream of it." ,Anna says.
"Indeed we wouldn't." ,Kenneth affirms.
The words they say are nice. You can only hope they're true.

"You know," you start up. "I-I was kind of wondering something. Do... do you two... you know, love each other?" The powerful and friendly smiles that graced their faces quickly give way to an uncomfortable grimace.
"Now, why ever would you ask that?" ,Kenneth asks, a bit of sweat beading on his forehead.
"It's just... you guys have so many things, and a lot of money. You said you had a lot of fun, but you never had a foal. I just... I thought foals happened when a stallion and a mare loved each other very much, or something..."
"W-well, while that may be true, my beautiful wife and I, w-we were just so busy... lovin' each other that we forgot that foal part, ya' see? Honest mistake on our part, right Anna?"
"R-right, sweetums."
"If you say so... I was just worried, you know? My grandma once told me a home filled with gold but no soul is worth nothing at all. I wasn't really sure what she meant by it, but... I guess I thought it was appropriate here."
"Oh, of course, sweet tea, ain't no reason not to ask questions." Kenneth says. "I assure you, we've got soul to spare. N-now are there any other concerns?"
>>
>>29479093

I don't think so. I think we should take a moment to weigh the pros and cons of all three choices, maybe with sister Foster's feedback and opinions as well.
>>
>>29479154
Agreed
>>
File: 1433525957298.png (160KB, 542x408px) Image search: [Google]
1433525957298.png
160KB, 542x408px
>the changeling has the most pony name in the room
>>
>>29479093
Lol so much anal they ran out of time to have a kid.
>>
>>29479154

"No... no I don't think I have anything left to ask, Mister Derby."
"Well, then , we won't keep ya now. But, uh, do be sure to keep us on the up and up, ya hear? We'll be awaiting your decision eagerly!"
Kenneth gives you a hearty pat on the shoulder as you walk away. As you walk towards Sister Foster, who has managed to find the one patch in the entire room not currently being occupied by an arguing Geode-star, you glance back at the Derby's. They are talking, but it isn't nearly with the fervor or happiness that they had when you were there. You suspect that they'll go back to looking bored and aloof any minute now.

You don't get the chance to sit and watch them though. Sister Foster gets your attention quickly, eager to hear what you've been talking about with all the adults here.
"Go on, Cuddle Bug, don't be shy! I know that all the ponies here are all a bit... eccentric in their own unique ways, but each of them is ready to provide the best care they can."
"So go on, tell me who you favor most. Or perhaps, you don't favor any of them? Maybe you have a concern or two, something that might make one of them an unfit candidate?"
"I'm sorry, Cuddle Bug, am I going too quickly? Or maybe it's just that... do you maybe not have enough time to make a decision? If you maybe need another day or two, then I could do that for you. Do you need me to do that?"

She seems really excited, more excited then you've ever seen her. Clearly she feels like you're going to pick somepony out of this bunch, if not now, then later. But will it be now? Or will it be later? And what about all the other things she asked?
>>
>>29479536
When I went to talk to Ava, you looked a bit unhappy. Why was that?
>>
>>29479607
I'd imagine most carers frown on single parent adoptions.
>>
>>29479536
Which would you recommend?
>>
>>29479536
The stallions family is not for me although I can respect the way they operate and I feel like the couple just want a foal to distract from there failing marriage although I wish anna and kenneth the best I feel I would be best with ava.
>>
>>29479656
But they are the ones who need it more than anyone, Anon. They don't have anyone.

>>29479672
Agreed.
>>
>>29479536
I think I would like to go with Ava. I think we would help each other.
>>
>>29479684
That's not how good carers think. Children from two parent households tend to do better than those from single parents.
>>
My vote goes to Ava.
Bugponers unite!
>>
>>29479684
A kid needs both a male and female figure in their lives.
>>
>>29479741
Hi, child of a single parent here. Fuck you.
>>
>>29479760
Look at how rude you turned out to be. You're just further proving his point.
>>
>>29479684
I'm with this. Ava is probably my best choice.
>>
>>29479760
Yeah, and you're on 4chan now.
>>
>>29479778
His rampant generalization offended me.
>>
>>29479801
Well i have two parents and two brothers who all love me and i love them and i'm still here.
>>
I think ava isn't a good choice because she's going to end up working late at night and not being there as much as she can for cuddle.
>>
>>29479826
Incest doesn't count.
>>
>>29479536
I like Ava. She's been nothing but honest with us, and shown us some trust already.
>>
>>29479846
Look, it's not my fault my father was a gorgeous man and we got his best features. You would have done it too.
>>29479834
And you think that the rich couple will have time for us? Even if they do, they'll probably be too busy cheating on eachother.
>>
>>29479834
That might actually be a good thing. We are already alone, and we seem to shut down in the face of affection. Maybe we really just need to start small. We start with a bug who has shown us trust, then we build to friend, and then to family.
>>
>>29479760
I'm sorry you only had a single parent, anon.
>>
>>29479536

I am all for Ava. She needs us as much as we need her.
>>
>>29479536
When will I have to choose?
>>
>>29479865
Probably and that's kind of not our problem if it does come to that. And what if we can actually fix their squabbles? Then you'll be in golden town.
>>29479867
So you think it's a good thing to be alone when you come home from a possibly crappy day at school and heat up a microwave dinner? Alright then.
>>
>>29479834
What makes you think she will work late.
>>
>>29479920
You really think they'll pay that much atention to us? They'll just give us toys and let us play with the maids or something.
And what about Ava? She comes home everyday from a possibly day at work and doesn't even eat because she can't feed off of anypony. She needs it more than they do.
>>
How about
Living with Ava, but going over to the Geode-starrs when she's too busy and Cuddles is feeling lonely.
Then she'd get to be around the family that advocates confidence without having to be stifled by the large family.

>>29479536
"Sister foster, I can only choose one, right?"
Would clear up some things.
>>
>>29480322
We can't pick everybody, anon.
>>
>>29480332
Says you...
But I'm not trying to. I'm trying to set up a situation where Cuddles isn't hemmed into only staying with one family alone forever and ever while the rest are lost to time.
>>
>>29480342
I'm sure she'll make friends in time.
>>
>>29479607 >>29479657
>>29479672 >>29479702
>>29479848 >>29479875
>>29479882 >>29480322

"When will I have to choose, Sister?"
"Choose when you are comfortable, Cuddle Bug." ,Foster says. "But if you're looking for a hard limit, then I'm afraid the paper work will have to be filed roughly three days from now. On Hearts and Hooves day."
"My birthday..."
"Precisely."
"Well, okay then... Sister Foster, I can only choose one family, right?"
"I'm afraid so. But, then again, there's no rule saying that you can't keep in contact with any of them. Of course, that's just as much up to them as it is you."
So, that means, if you wanted, maybe you could still talk to whoever you wanted to. Who knows if they'd want to talk to you though?
And Foster mentioned that you had a few days at least to think the issue over. But you're at least a little bit confident in the decision you're about to make.
"Sister Foster?"
"Yes, Cuddle Bug?"
"I think I'm ready to pick."

"Oh are you?" ,Sister Foster says, the anticipation dripping off her voice. "Well, let's hear it then!"
"Well, the Derby's seemed really nice... but they also seemed kinda... distant. I don't really know what it was, but they don't really seem like they like each other all that much."
"A fair point to make. I've certainly heard a thing or two about Mister Derby's more foppish behaviors, but rumors aren't really anything to go by, now are they?"
"And the Geode-stars, they seem really nice too, but... they're so loud and aggressive. And there's just so many of them! I don't think I would really fit in there, even though they look like they care a lot."
"It wouldn't do to get lost in a crowd, now would it, Cuddle Bug? Though, Mister Geode-star has been coming here for years."
"Right, he seems really nice... but I think, out of all of them, I'm going to have to go with Miss Ava. She's just... she's kinda like me, you know?"
"I'm afraid I don't. But, if you are sure of this, I would be happy to inform Miss Riss. Are you sure?"
>>
File: 1486766396208.jpg (250KB, 716x707px) Image search: [Google]
1486766396208.jpg
250KB, 716x707px
I vote we get a little emotional in front of them all while sister is there and tell them that we like them all so much and don't know who to pick, and we find it difficult making such a big choice all on our own.

We should then pick our family based on how they react to our emotional struggle, and how they attempt to comfort us (if at all,) and from there, I think we'll find the ponies, or pony, best suited for us.

If someone knows how to cheer us up when they're sad, and make the effort to make us feel better, they can't be that bad, right? I imagine Cuddles being genuinely very upset and emotional about making this decision too, so it fits the situation.

No matter who we pick, we need to give the others a hug because they've all been very nice and genuine with us.
>>
>>29480631
Yes. I'm sure.
>>
>>29480631
As sure as I can be. Can I thank the others for coming to see me? It was really nice of them to offer me a place in their families.
>>
File: Doodle30_myrealchild.png (1MB, 1128x1577px) Image search: [Google]
Doodle30_myrealchild.png
1MB, 1128x1577px
Actually consider for a moment if this lady walked in.

>>29480631
But really, Ava seems like the best fit. >>29480649
I'll agree with giving them a hug, but I'll stick with my earlier idea of keeping in touch. The Italians, especially.
>>
>>29480631
Yes I am sure.
Thank the others for giving us the chance and maybe we will see them around.
>>
>>29480631
Yeah, I'm sure.
>>
I'm still with Ava. Doesn't matter how they react to us getting emotional (ok it does matter, but you get what i'm saying), Ava is just the better option for someone like Cuddle.
>>
>>29480631
I vote Ava
E-Even if she doesn't love us, it's not like we'd deserve it anyways...
>>
>>29481106
We don't love her either, yet. None of them are anything more than friendly strangers at this point. Relationships take time.
>>
>tfw genuinely tearing up at this because it reminds me of myself
>>
File: 1480805821076.gif (365KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1480805821076.gif
365KB, 500x275px
>two broken ponies found each other
I feel feelings, QM.
>>
>>29481161
>>29481249
Yeah, it's a very feelsy story.
>>
>>29481249
>ponies
We're both bugs, anon.
>>
>>29480662 >>29480689
>>29480725 >>29480902
>>29481106

"I am sure. Sure I'm sure. I... I want to go with Ava." You're confident that Ava is the right choice, that you're making the right decision. But you can' help but feel an overwhelming guilt in the pit of your stomach. You chose. You chose one over the others. How will that make them feel? They took time out of their days to come see you, maybe even adopt you, and now you've chosen somepony else.
"Cuddle Bug, are you okay?" ,Sister foster asks, concerned. You can't even find it in you to answer. Before you've even told anypony anything, you've already started to choke up. You can't force a single word.
"Oh, sweet little Cuddle Bug. I think I know what's troubling you."
"Y-you do?" ,you manage to whisper.
"You don't want to hurt anyponies feelings, is that right?" You nod slowly, your body shaking a little. "You tihnk that the others will be disappointed by your decision, is that right?" It is right, and you nod a little quicker this time to let her know. "I understand, Cuddle Bug. It's okay to worry. But I think you'll find things are better than you think. In fact, I'll show you they are."

"Could everypony please come stand by me! Derbys, Geode-stars, and Miss Riss, to me please!" Everypony in the room, even the arguing foals, stop what they are doing and come stand by Sister Foster and you, eager to hear the news.
"It is my pleasure to tell you that Cuddle Bug has made her decision in the matter of who she'd like to go home with." At these words, they all eye you, ready to hang on your every word. I takes all your courage to speak up
"I-I just w-wanted to... to let you guys know that, I-I want to l-live with Miss Ava." You can see a look of satisfaction and relief wash over Ava's face... and disappointment on everypony elses. You knew this would happen. "I-It's not that I don't like you," , you stutter out. "I really like all of you but I... I just.."

1/2
>>
File: everybody panic.png (322KB, 620x346px) Image search: [Google]
everybody panic.png
322KB, 620x346px
>>29481769
I LOVE YOU ALL DON'T HATE ME WEH!
>>
File: 1486766599734.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486766599734.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>29481769
Not gonna lie, I'd probably cry like a little white bitch if Cuddle Bug didn't pick me.
>>
You can feel yourself slowly choking up again. Except it's not slow. It's not slow at all.
"I-I can't go home with all of you," ,you say, your eyes starting to tear up. "I really really want to, I really do, you all seem so nice and you're all so nice to me!" Your nose is starting to clog up. It's getting harder and harder to speak as your throat wells up with sadness and self--hatred. How could you be so selfish? How could you not take everypony elses feelings into account?
"I-I just, I just, I..." ,you trail off. You can't speak anymore. You're just standing there, the only noise coming from you being a soft blubbering. You're pathetic. How could any of these ponies truly love you when you're so stupid.
"I'm sorry..." ,you choke out, barely louder than a whisper. "I'm so sorry." It's over. None of them will want a whimpering mess. Not even Ava. She wants love, not sadness. How could something so lame as you ever give her the love she needs? And even if you could, how could she ever love you back?
You're sure you'll never get an answer. But... you do get something. Something warm. A strange feeling, across your whole body. A warmth envelops your face. A familiar sensation you haven't felt in a long time. Not since him.

You manage to look past the blurry filter of your tears, to see... fluff. But, whose fluff?
"You're way too hard on yourself kid." ,Ava says to you. "You've got nothing to be sorry for. I don't know who hurt you like this. But they did an awful thing to a wonderful, beautiful, sweet little filly."
Ava has you wrapped in her legs, trapped in a hug, warmed by a section of moth-like fluff she seems to have morphed onto her body. It's dark blue, just like yours.
"I'll admit," Geonathan says, joining the embrace. "I'm sad you didn't want to be a Geode-star. But so long as you can find happiness, I'll be happy."
Kenneth and Anna join the hug wordlessly, Anna caressing your mane.
Your tears flow free, but your heart is warm. You don't know how to react.
>>
>>29481893
I...I'll be able to see you again, won't I?
>>
>>29481893
Bury ourselves in Ava's fluff.
>>
File: 1478794396522.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1478794396522.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>29481893
N-ni-*sniff*-nice..
>>
>>29481893
>she made moth fluff for us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgIulNiyoiY
>>
>>29481893
She feels bad for us and wants us to feel better. Maybe it isn't love yet, but it's more than we've ever gotten before, and I think it means the world to little Cuddle right now.

Hold her tight and never let go. Sob until the dried tears stick you to her fur.
>>
>>29481956
This so much
>>
>>29481893
Feel... hopeful.
>>
>>29481915 >>29481919
>>29481956 >>29482137

These ponies. They care about you. And Ava she... she... she's done something for you that you can't begin to understand the meaning of. You just want to hold yourself close in her fluff and never let go. You wrap your legs around her, and you cry. You cry and you cry and you cry. In this moment time doesn't matter. You feel safe. For the first time in a long time, you feel wanted, truly wanted. You sob until the tears run dry.
You've cried so many tears, that even if you wanted to, you wouldn't be able to pull yourself away from Ava's fluff. But why in the world would you want to? You're so comfortable here. But... there are things that need to be said. Things you need to ask.

Raising your head slowly and reluctantly from Ava's fluff, you find your voice, still small and a little hoarse from your crying.
"Will I... Will I ever see you again?" ,you ask. Despite directing it at nopony in particular, the ponies you meant it for know exactly what you mean.
"Whenever you need me, if ever you do, I'll be there." ,Geonathan assures you. "You just need to know where to find me. The Geological Society at city hall; just ask for Mister Geode-star. You'll either get me or one of my many relatives. I'll be sure they know who you are."
"And as for me," Kenneth Derby begins. "I'll be sure to leave my contact information a the front desk. With no child to preside over, my wife and I will be returning to business as usual. But just shoot me a letter every now and then, and iffin' you need any help whatsoeva' I'll do my best to drop by faster than you can say Kenneth Tucker Derby!"
It's still amazing to you how prepared these ponies were to care for you. And even as they release themselves from the hug, you know they only do it to give you a bit more time with Ava. They say their goodbyes. And you say yours. And then,content, you place your head gently in Ava's fluff. And for the first time in a long time, you are happy.
>>
pausing
>>
>>29482273
Lets go get the paperwork sorted out.
>>
>>29482273
Won't they notice that Ava has fluff now?
>>
>>29483652
>>
>>29484839
>>
>>29485683
bep
>>
>>29484326
>>29482627

You wish you could sit here, head in the fluffy chest of your d- of Ava Riss. But there are things to do. And now that all the others have left... all those others. The Derbys, the Geode-stars. You'll miss them. You hope you can see them again someday. Someday soon. You hope they won't be too sad. If they were sad, you'd be sad. Even thinking about them being sad is making you sad. Maybe you shouldn't think about those sad things. Not when you're... so comfortable.
"Miss Riss? Cuddle Bug?" ,Sister Foster says. "I sincerely hate to break up this touching moment, but there is a bit of paperwork that still needs filling out. If you would both just come with me, over to that table, then we can finalize this process." Sister looks to you with happiness in her eyes, sweet and genuine. "And then you and Cuddle Bug can go home."

You can feel the fluff beginning to thin out and Ava's grip beginning to loosen on you. You don't want to let go, but you have to. It was nice while it lasted.
"Come one now, kid." ,Ava begins. "There'll be plenty of time for that later. We just have a little work to do before we can get you out of here."
She grabs one of your hooves and gently pulls you upright. You look her in the eye and see that she's gotten a little teary eyed as well. At least, you think she has. Maybe that's just you looking at her through your own watery, emotion filled eyes. You stop thinking about it as you walk over to the table the Derbys had been sitting at.
Sister pulls out a rather thick folder, containing your adoption information, you guess.
"Now, let's see..." ,Sister Foster trails off. "Ava Riss, born the twenty seventh of April, twenty-seven years ago. Works at the Carousel Boutique, Manehatten branch, and currently rents a one-bedroom apartment on 6th street. Seeking to adopt one Cuddle Bug, born on the 14th of February eleven years ago. It all seems in order to me. Though, if you'd like, I'm allowed to make a change for you, name-wise."
>>
>>29486617
I see no need.
>>
>>29486617
No thank you.
>>
>>29486617
I would be glad to share the same last name as Ava, if we ever find out what that is at some point. I'm pretty sure that "Ava Riss" is made up, though, based on her "pony names are hard" comment.
>>
File: 1486673046573.jpg (46KB, 541x554px) Image search: [Google]
1486673046573.jpg
46KB, 541x554px
>>29486617
We should keep our name in memory of our Grandma and who we used to be. We are Cuddle Bug, and we are proud!
>>
>>29486617
CB's original parents gave her this name, correct? I don't know how fond she is of them, but I think she'd like as many reminders of happier times as she can get.
>>
>>29486643 >>29487328
>>29487219 >>29487436

"N-no, I don't want to change anything." ,you say. You figure that she was asking if maybe you wanted to change your name. You aren't ready for that though. In he back of your heart, you want to, but your brain is saying no, and you can't work out the reasoning.
"That's fine then. Now, on to the boring stuff."
You spend the next few hours or so, going over sheet after sheet of paperwork. It's all stuff you've seen before, many many times. Addendums and passages that you practically have memorized. Sign here, initial here, on the dotted line. It's all done pretty quickly, but it seems like forever. With one last pen stroke, you become the daughter of one Ava Riss. The thought is exciting and scary.
"Hear that missy mothy moo?" ,Ava says. "I'm your mama now. It's on paper and everything. Ain't that great?"
"Yeah. It's pretty good." ,you reply softly.

Your things are packed quickly. You've practically made an art of it by this point. All of it packed nice and neat and tight. So tight that the contents all fit into one relatively small suitcase. Sister Foster helps you take the bag downstairs, as she has every time you've left Our Lady of the Golden Sun. Hopefully this time, she won't be helping you bring it back up.
Arriving in the main hall, you meet up with Ava. There is nopony here to see you off. But you don't really want anypony to do that for you anyway. You don't think you could handle the spectacle.
"Well, kiddo. Say goodbye to this place, because if I can help it, you won't be coming back."
You look sadly to Sister Foster.
"Don't worry, Cuddle Bug. I'll be in touch."
"O-okay. Bye Sister."
Ava hails a taxi carriage, and the two of you board quickly. The door closes, and you can see out the window, as the taxi speeds away, the image of the orphanage, and of Sister Foster fading quickly.
"It's gonna be about an hours ride." ,Ava says. "Anything you wanna do to pass the time, kiddo?"
>>
>>29487443
Ask her about her job.
>>
>>29487443
Kinda miss Sister Foster....lonely as the place was, she was a nice pony.

How about some food? Could talk in the meantime.
>>
>>29487443
Ask her about think and talk about stuff. Ask her what Sister told her about us. Ask her if she likes working in that boutique she told us about. Ask about what h-... our home is like.
>>
>>29487443
Cuddle into her side and ask her if she could tell us the story of how she came to walk among the normal ponies, and how she likes her life/job in general.

Would also be nice to find out a little about our house, and find out where we'll be sleeping and stuff.

Another biggy: Does she want us to call her mom or ava? We don't mind, we just wanna' know what she'd be more comfortable with
>>
>>29487544
I don't think little Cuddlebug would want to call her Mom.

>>29459006
>she starts with the dulcet tones of a soothing... of a soothing something. Mother? No, not mother. Mothers don't soothe.

She almost called Ava dad here, though. >>29486617
>>
>>29487544
Sounds like that's moving kinda fast for Cuddle, someone who's been adopted and taken back multiple times.
>>
>>29487544
We cannot reveal she is a ling in front of the taxi driver.
>>
>>29487459 >>29487473
>>29487497 >>29487544
>>29487566 >>29487572
>>29487587

Before you speak, you cuddle yourself into Avas side. The fluff isn't there anymore. You don't know how long it'll be until Ava can bring the fluff back. It made you feel safe. But, maybe just sitting extra close to Ava will do the same. Ava takes notice and pulls you in close.
"Ava?" ,you start. "What did Sister tell you about me?"
"What did she tell me?" ,she starts. "She told me that you're a very kind, very sweet and soft spoken little filly. That you're calm, and quiet and would never even think of pondering the possibility of harming a fly."
"She also said you like to color and draw. Which is great, because I like to draw too. I already showed you that picture I made back at the orphanage; maybe when we get to my house, I can show you a few more."
"I'd like that... I'm going to miss Sister Foster." ,as you say that, you realize that you'll also miss the orphanage. You've never missed the orphanage before.
"Well, that's understandable. That Foster mare, she seems like a real dependable mare. Probably one of the only dependable things you've had. It's fine to miss her."
You suppose she's right.

"What's your job like, Ava?" ,you question.
"Eh, the job's fine enough. Pays well. Not a big fan of dresses. Or the ponies that come in to buy the dresses. In fact, my favorite kinda day is when business is slow. Every now and again, the owner'll pop by, but those visits are few and far between. Can't say I care for her."
"What's yo-... our house like?" ,you ask.
"Oh, it's a nice enough place. Only the one bedroom though. Plenty of food. Pony food I mean. I hardly eat the stuff, but it's something, you know? There'll be plenty to eat when we get back."
I got movies too, if you like those. Oh, and books. Lotsa books. You like to read, sunshine?"
>>
>>29487917
Depends on the book, really.

Have you tried doing something other than dresses? Maybe come up with your own ideas to show to your boss? I dunno, maybe ponies come to buy dresses because that's the only thing on sale?
>>
File: 1486764325899.png (154KB, 540x573px) Image search: [Google]
1486764325899.png
154KB, 540x573px
>>29487917
Only one bedroom, you say? Where are we going to sleep? Can we share with Ava, she's really nice, and we clearly feel safe with her, right?

Ask her what she'd like to do for a living. She likes drawing, right? Maybe she could try making and selling her drawings and art?
>>
>>29487917
Only one bedroom? Oh, um, are we sleeping on the couch, or something?
>>
>>29487917
I like books. Especially fantasy books where the foal gets whisked away to a fantasy land and leaves their old miserable existence behind. For some reason those speak to me.
>>
>>29488101
This made me smile but it's also quite sad.
>>
>>29487986
>>29488071
>overenthusiastic filly wants to help fix everything for her new mom and we're not even out of the cab yet
Big heart on that Cuddle Bug.
>>
File: 1484921711572.jpg (32KB, 424x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484921711572.jpg
32KB, 424x640px
>>29488107
>Based 11 year old Cuddle Bug saves the day for her adoptive single mother and turns her into a famous Equestrian artist.
Best filly
>>
>>29487986 >>29488071
>>29488085 >>29488085
>>29488101

"I like to read. I really like fantasy books, like, the kinds where fillies and colts get to go on crazy fun adventures and leave all their troubles behind. My favorite book ever is Adventures in Never-Never-Ever Land."
"That's the one with the earth pony colt that can fly, yeah? The one that never gets old?"
"Yeah, that one!"
"That is a pretty good one. Never read it myself, but I think I might own a copy."
That sounds nice. Maybe she'll let you read it. You'd really like to read it again, given the chance.

"Hey, Ava?" ,you begin. "You said you only had one bedroom. W-will I be sleeping on the couch?"
"What?" ,Ava says in mild disbelief. "No. Don't be ridiculous. You... you could take my bed. No arguments. That's where you'll sleep."
"O-oh. Okay. Thank you."
"Yeah, no issue, kid."

"...You know, you don't really seem like you like your job."
"Yeah, well, it's a living, kiddo. Gotta make it somehow. I'd rather not go job hunting again."
"Well... maybe you don't have to." Ava gazes at you confused, still holding you close."
"What are you getting at, kiddo?"
"Well, you really like to draw, right?"
"...Yeah."
"Well, maybe you could try selling your art!"
Ava seems to mull the thought over. A flicker appears in her eye every now and then. But she seems to shake the thought out of her head.
"Don't go putting crazy thoughts in my head, kiddo. I might just follow through. My art ain't worth much. It's just a hobby, you know?"
"Well, maybe you could draw some dresses. Maybe make your job a bit more fun?"
"I... that's an idea yeah. Who knows. My boss designs all the dresses herself though. Who knows if she'll even look at what I draw."
"I think it's worth a try."
Ava looks at you sideways.
"You're a real funny kid, you know that?" ,she says, tussling your hair. " You're lucky you're cute."
>>
Pausing because I'm super tired
>>
>>29488454

Sleep tight
>>
>>29488444
Y-you too.
>>
>>29488444
How far off are we?
>>
>>29488444
How far is it from where I will be going to school.
>>
>>29488454
Can't wait for more feels quest.
>>
AHP when?
>>
>>29490908
>>
Bugga bump.
>>
[Fluttery Moth Noises]
>>
>>29494081
>>
tfw will never be mothhors
>>
>>29495267
>>
Boop a bug, today!
>>
>>29457870
>>
>>29496078
What did he mean by this?!
>>
>>29498031
Will never be a qt mothors
>>
>>29498997
Yeah I know it's sad :_
>>
>>29488594 >>29489131
>>29489557

"Y-you too." ,you reply. You've always been bad at taking compliments. They make you uncomfortable in a way that you don't quite understand. And you never know how to respond to them. Do you say thank you? Do you return the compliment? You tried for both here. And that's what you got.
"What was that, kiddo? You too?" ,she questions, a confused smile on her face.
"Y-yeah."
She looks at you, her confusion turning to amusement. Giving a soft laugh, she just continues to pat your head.
"I think you and I are gonna get along swell, sunshine."
You're glad she thinks so.

"So, Ava" ,you start. "How far away are we from our house?"
"Oh, uh, well, it's about an hours ride to get to the orphanage from where I live, so I'd assume we're about fifty or so minutes from home. And that's not taking traffic into account. Never know when you'll hit a massive traffic jam in this city."
"Do you know how far it is from my school?"
"You go to Eclipse Elementary, yeah? Not to far from where I live, actually. Comfortable walking distance, in fact. You could walk there everyday, no fuss, no muss. Pretty great, right?
>>
>>29501723
Sure, that is pretty convenient.
>>
>>29501723
That sounds good. So... what kind of food do you have? Do you have any fruit? I really like fruit.
>>
>>29501723
That sounds real nice. Would you be able to walk with us the first few times so we can get used to the route? I don't think I'm very good with directions sometimes, and I'd be too shy to ask anypony else in the big city.

What are we gonna do when we get home?
>>
>>29501723
That sounds good I am glad I don't have to change school.
>>
>>29501723
I don't have any friends at school, but it's nice that we don't have to change to a new place we're unfamiliar with.

Do you have any friends I could meet? Do they have any fillies I could be friends with? I'd like friends.
>>
>>29501995 >>29502133
>>29502578
>>29502590

"Yeah, that sounds good." ,you say. It is pretty convenient. You don't know if you'd be comfortable walking by yourself though. Somepony always walked with you before. Usually, Mister Hawkeye. You always looked at the ground so you didn't really know the way there.
"Ava? Would you maybe be able to walk me there the first few times...? Just until I get used to walking it?"
"Well, uh... ah geez, kid, I gotta work at that store real early. Don't you have any friends that could make the walk with you?"
"No..." ,you respond somberly. "I don't really have any friends. I'd like some friends. But I just... I never really-"
"Don't worry about it kiddo. I know what being shy's like. I can't make any guarantees, but I'm pretty sure at least one of the mares I work with has a little filly your age. Maybe I can set something up. "Would you like that?"
You nod gingerly, pretty sure that you want that, but a little wary.
"As for walking you to school... I guess a few times couldn't hurt. I'll call in, let 'em know what I have to do. I'm gonna need you to learn that route pretty quick though. Otherwise things might get a bit hairy in the bits department."
You understand that much. You'll do your best to learn the walk.

"So... what kind of food do you have? Do you have any fruit? I really like fruit."
"As fate would have it, I like fruit too. Doesn't do much for me, but it's a good feel in my mouth, you know? I've got mangoes, bananas, apples- the apples are my favorite, I just love that crunch."
"I've also got grapes, all kinds: White, red... actually that's it. Got a few things I don't normally touch either. Kinda just bought them on impulse. Dragonfruit, starfruit, durians, pears, a persimmon or two- stop me when you hear something you like kid."
>>
>>29502749
Starfruit is nice.
>>
>>29502749
aren't durians kinda big? How big is this fridge of hers?
>>
>>29502749
Dragonfruit and mangoes are our favourite! Apples are really awesome too.
>>
>>29502749
I like appul.
>>
>>29502813 >>29502869
>>29502883

"Starfruits are nice." ,you start. "Oh, but Dragonfruit and mangoes are my favorite! Apples are awesome too. But I really, really, REALLY like dragonfruit and mangoes."
"Pfff, ahahaaa-Ahem... exotic tastes you go there, kid. Don't know who's been giving you these fancy fruits, but I won't complain. If it keeps 'em from going ripe, I'm glad to let you eat them."
You don't know if what you said was really funny. You don't think it was. Why is Ava laughing?
"Hey, you sure you don't like durians? Can't stand the things myself. Hardly remember why I bought them."
"No, I don't really like those. They're spiky and smelly and kind of hard to eat."
"Yeah, I get you. It's like pineapple, except not a pineapple and with no redeeming qualities. Man, I hate durians."
"You know, durians are pretty big. You must have a really big fridge if you keep so many around."
It was just a harmless observation, but it seems to have bothered Ava a bit. Oh no. Di you say something wrong. Oh gosh, you hope you didn't hurt her feelings.
"About that," ,Ava starts hesitantly. Her cheeks are flushing red, as if she were embarrassed. She leans in close to tell you something.
"Back when I was still getting the hang of acting pony, I happened upon a rather large amount of bits. I used them to buy a... well, I bought a double wide fridge."
You don't really understand what that means. Double-wide fridge? Her changeling intuition must have told Ava you don't really get it.
"You know, like a, a double-wide. Extra big. It's a real thick fridge, kid. Takes up most of my kitchen wall. I figured, you know, that a ponies gotta have a lot of food, and a big fridge to put all that food in. Spent all my money on it."
"Turns out, I don't get much company, so it doesn't really matter. Now it's just an unnecessarily large fridge, filled with fruit and old spaghetti. You like spaghetti, kid?"
>>
>>29503280
Reheated spaghetti is great!
>>
>>29503280
Well, you'll have company now, every day in fact.

If CB makes friends, could she bring them over?
>>
>>29503359
>>29503384

"Reheated spaghetti is the best!" ,you blurt out. You didn't mean to shout so loud, but you think spaghetti is great. You didn't normally eat with the other foals so your food would always get cold. Sister Foster would always reheat the food for you. The spaghetti always tasted best.
"O-oh." ,Ava responds with meek surprise. "Well, I'm glad you feel that way. Because that's about all I know how to make. Spaghetti."
She seems a bit disappointed in herself. For what? Her lack of cooking skills? How could she be disappointed in herself when she knows how to make spaghetti?!
"Do you think maybe you could make some tonight?" ,you ask hopefully.
"Sure, kid. If you want me too. Oh man, I just realized what a weird shift this is gonna be. I've got a kid. Like I said, I'm not really even used to having company."
"Well, you'll have company now. Every day , in fact. That's nice, right?"
"...Yeah. Yeah, I guess that is kind nice."

"You know," Ava says. "Now that I think about it, I didn't really have anything planned for when we get back. Is there, you know, anything you wanted to do?"
"I've got movies. Lots. Maybe we could just watch a bit of TV? Or, you said you like books, right? We could do some reading. Ooh, or maybe, if you're feeling up to it, I could break out my old Ogres and Oubliettes set. Version three point five, special homebrew I came up with. I really think you'd li... you know what? Forget I mentioned that last thing."
"Other than that last thing that I totally didn't even bring up, what do you wanna do?"
>>
>>29503771
Well...she only knows how to make spaghetti? I know she kinda doesn't really need to eat anything else, b-but food is good! And not knowing how to make anything else? That's an injustice to all the good kinds of food out there. Like the things Grandma used to make!

What's Ogores and Obuliettes anyway? Sounds complicated if it has three AND A HALF editions
>>
>>29503771
Ogres and Oubliettes sounds like it might be like some of the fantasy books I like to read.
Maybe it could be fun?
>>
>>29503771
Ogres and Oubliettes sounds interesting what is it? Is it some sort of changeling game? Do changelings have traditional games?
>>
>>29503771
Watching a movie together sounds nice and that ogres and oubliettes could be a fun thing to do some other day.
>>
>>29503835 >>29503876
>>29503995 >>29504082

"Ogres and Oubliettes sounds kind of interesting." ,you remark, curious as to what this game with a whole three and a half editions must be. "What is it."
"I'm not sure what you mean." ,Ava says. "After all, I did just say that I never mentioned any such thing as that thing you just said. In fact, I didn't even hear you."
"Is it some kind of changeling game?" ,you insist. "Do changelings have traditional games?"
"Whoa, kid!" ,she says, trying to hush you. "Careful with the C word, yeah? Fine, if you really wanna know, I'll tell you."
"Ougres and Oubliettes is this pencil and paper, table top roleplaying game, you see?"
You don't really see, but your interest is piqued, so you nod anyway.
"So what you do is roll some dice, yeah? You roll for strength, dexterity, intelligence, wisdom, constitution and wisdom. You following?"
You nod again, though you wonder what constitution is, or dexterity.
"The higher the stat the better, although some ponies like to shuffle the stats around and get intentionally low stats, for role-playing purposes."
"And you've got classes too, right, like you could be a knight or a ranger or a fighter, or a, Celestia forbid, a bard. All these classes do different hings, but I don't want to get too in-depth on that right now. Just assume that all the classes do different things,all right?"
You nod again, but a bit slower. This is a lot to take in!
"So what you do, is you get some other ponies, and you all take the classes and he stats you've rolled, and you go on an adventure."
This part confuses you. "Like, a real adventure?"
"As real as you wanna make it, kiddo."
"That sounds really cool!"
"Yeah, well, it always does at first."
"Maybe we could play it some time?"
"...We'll see."

Ava seems adamant about not playing this game Weird, since she seemed so excited before.
"Well, can we still watch a movie?"
A small smile creeps across Ava's face.
"Yeah. A movie sounds nice."
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29504521
we should watch a comedy.
>>
>>29457870
>>
>>29504687
No.
We should watch horror, cuz we're a strong bug mare.
Ok, we aren't but it gives us the perfect opportunity to cuddle with Ava
>>
>>29504521
I like the sound of that game, sounds just like all those fantasy books we loved to escape into, hehe. Anyways, a movie is good sounding.
>>
>>29508968
>>
I can't update today or tomorrow. Please let the thread die. Broken Hearts will return after the next thread of A Historical Perspective has run its course
>>
>>29511484
I could do that, or I could bump it for a few days as a show of my irrational all consuming love for your quest.
>>
>>29511694
Nah do the let it die thing
>>
>>29511902
Okay.
>>
>>29513430
You fool you forgot to sage
>>
>>29513567
My bad. Next time I'll sage.
>>
>>29514468
Horray we win this thread is gonna fall off the board.
>>
>>29515897
Because we remembered to sage.
>>
Maybe if we stop replying he will stop bumping.
>>
>>29516156
Oops meant to quote
>>29516044
>>
>>29457870
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.