[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things have been shit since him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

Lets be honest, its all been a giant downhill villain/conflict trail since Tirek.

Starlight's the worst addition to the series yet, and chrysalis's return was literally "Don't ask how we did this shit, we just did. And we have plot armor" the episode.
With the shit that Tirek pulled off, he should have been the final boss of the series, I don't even think the movie will top him, and everything else has been going to shit.
>>
>>29439533
Tbqh, I didn't care all that much for Tirek, if only because Celestia's "plan" to deal with him was pants on head levels of retarded and his endgame wasn't too clear beyond get power and wreck shit.

I also wish the "fight" was more than just magic missile and shield. I know they didn't want to do too much "cartoon violence" but seriously, showing some creativity with the magic duels wouldn't kill anyone.

As much as I despise Glimmer, her involvement in S5 at least made things a little interesting since the opener had Twilight nerfed to the point where she needed to get help from the other M6 members and the alternate timeline stuff was neat.

The reform and what came after was shit, however.
>>
>>29439687
Power for the sake of power is a legitimate goal; its like if you had a villain who's goal was to become an alicorn.

Seeking godhood is a classic fantasy motivation, and given his abilities, its hard to argue tirek hadn't achieved it.
>>
>>29439533
His goal was to get EXTREME gains
>>
>>29439533
Tirek falls into the category of villains that are fun to watch, but in retrospect you realize how dumb their entire plot was (from both protagonist and antagonist's sides) and get frustrated by how much better it could have been with a few little tweaks.

Chrysalis is the same, honestly. Absolutely fun to watch, but God damn ACW is the stupidest plotline ever.
>>
>>29439533

Chrysalis was BADASS AND TERRIFYING in the new episode. She is the best William, not Tirek. His voice sucked too.
>>
File: 9235934953495.png (596KB, 2126x3299px) Image search: [Google]
9235934953495.png
596KB, 2126x3299px
>>29439533
I feel like they should've waited for Twilight to beat Tirek before turning her into an alicorn.

Then it would've at least felt somewhat justified considering this nigga's power level.
>>
>>29439784
This is a show for 4 year olds, is there ANY villain with a good plot? Seriously.
>>
>>29439884
Discord?
>>
>>29439911
Discord literally just stood there like a retard and let them win instead of doing any of the million things he could have done with his powers to off them.

its like a batman wizard in D&D standing around so he can be shot with a crossbow.
>>
>>29439533
The Movie villain will be like Super saiyan 2 to super saiyan 1 in comparing a normal alicorn to the movie villain, he'll be way beyond tirek.
>>
File: 1486031463107.jpg (102KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1486031463107.jpg
102KB, 500x492px
>>29439792
>>
>>29439792
BULL. FUCKING. SHIT.
Her plan was "I have plot armor. The end". She defeated everyone randomly, OFFSCREEN with no explanation, which is especially bad considering how fucking terrible her minions were at the job of pretending to be them (And who the fuck was controlling the sun and moon BTW? Last time that happened, everything went to shit when celestia and luna were captured), and then, just to top it all off, she was given a literal deus ex machina Anti magic throne out of her fucking ass to make the plot work.

God, that plot was pandering to make glimmer the hero so hard.
>>
>>29439533
Dude was too strong, you can't have a villain that strong every season. The elements of harmony are gone, and the other 5 are useless without them. If you escalated from Tirek the other 5 would become even more useless and it would devolve into a show about twilight and glimmer alone due to their magic.
>>
>>29439533
>Things have been shit since him
things have been shit since you decided they were shit you pessimistic fuck.
>>
>>29439884
Honestly, Nightmare wasn't awful. She didn't treat the M6 like a real threat because everything she knew said they were a joke, not a real problem:
> Only known beings to bear the elements at that point were she and her sister
> Both alicorns
> Discord is the only creature who can remotely match them in power
So some random upstart unicorn and a bunch of nobodies from this little town are running after the Elements of Harmony? They're barely worth her attention; Nightmare/Luna "knows" who the Elements respond to and it isn't a bunch of nobodies.

She's wrong, of course, but there's no reason for her to think otherwise. Discord's first time around also gets a pass for being batshit insane and literally a spirit of chaos. But after that? Literally nobody has an excuse:
> Queen "let me throw the only two ponies who could disrupt my plan in jail with each other" Chrysalis
> Tirek, who didn't banish Twilight to Tartarus like he did with every other alicorn or even bother to keep an eye on her
> Starlight "I can't be bothered to keep my windows closed when revealing the one secret that could doom me" Glimmer - to say nothing of her horseshit 'redemption'
> And Chrysalis again, who once again leaves critical ponies alone where they could be a serious problem even though her agents are right there, and ALSO seems to have learned from the Starlight Glimmer School of Talking About Important Stuff With Window Open.
>>
>>29440497
>> Discord is the only creature who can remotely match them in power

Chrysalis, Sombra, and tirek all matched them in power, and Starlight glimmer is equal in power to an alicorn. There's tons of beings that can match or exceed the princesses.
>>
>>29440513
>Chrysalis
No evidence of past encounters going remotely in her favor
>Sombra
Got BTFO'ed the last time he directly opposed the Sisters
>Tirek
Not a pony, and not subtle either
>Glimglam
>Implying running an unprepared, bookish alicorn who has no real fighting skill into a trap means she can defeat any alicorn
>Implying she can remotely touch a true-blooded alicorn who's a veteran of actual fighting.
That's some real no-limits fallacy shit right there, bud. Sombra also wore down an alicorn, but that didn't keep him from getting his shit kicked in by the Sisters.

Second point you have to remember is that this was back when lore mattered worth a shit in the setting. Nightmare, in particular, was written as not being concerned because at that point Alicorns were conceived of as a tier far above the average pony. There wasn't any of the Worfing bullshit we see every premiere/finale these days.
>>
>>29440565
>true-blooded alicorn who's a veteran of actual fighting.
By "veteran" I assume you mean "Has experience in getting their asses kicked 24/7. The sisters get their asses kicked EVERY TIME they show up.
starlight fought Twilight to a draw easily.
>>
>>29440578
>Chrysalis: Apparently met Celestia before, and it sure didn't end in a victory for Chrysalis
>Discord: Petrifed
>Sombra: Got his shit stomped on so hard he had to flee reality itself
To name just a few. Journal of the Two Sisters also makes it clear they had to stand up in times past.

Sisters got along perfectly fine until bullshit plot stuff came along to Worf them.
>>
>>29440634
They sucked in the book too, the dragon broke out of their spell like it was nothing, he just pussied out because he was a little bitch and hated being yelled at.
>>
>>29439533
>Starlight's the worst addition to the series yet
That's purely your opinion.
I unironically like Glimmer and think that she added some flavor to the show. It was getting a bit stale for me.
>>
>>29440826
not just my opinion, its the majority opinion.
>>
>>29440077
Triple dubs confirm that poster being btfo'd
>>
>>29440680
At least they still resolved shit one way or another, and it doesnt invalidate their other victories up until things as of late.

>>29440826
I actually agree with OP and >>29440874 that she wasn't a very good addition. Her redemption and forgiveness was rushed far too much and she has near 0 chemistry with the rest of the M6 not named Twilight.

If S6 had some real focus on building upon those things instead, she would have at least been acceptable. Both Luna and Discord's changes were more believable tbqh.
>>
>>29440874
>its the majority opinion
even assuming thats the case, and its not, that still would make it an opinion and not a fact.
>>
File: tirek_by_audrarius-d7wha0y.png (999KB, 1024x989px) Image search: [Google]
tirek_by_audrarius-d7wha0y.png
999KB, 1024x989px
>>29439687
>and his endgame wasn't too clear beyond get power and wreck shit.
What's not to get? He had the ability to steal magic, ponies are filled with that shit, Equestria is filled /with/ ponies, and he fucking used that power for as far as it could take him.

And to add to that: he was also mad as hell at ponies for turning his brother into a friendship-loving homo, when presumably he and Sorpan previously functioned together as allies (sort of like a moral inverse of how Celestia & Luna ruled together, only for one sibling to turn against the other - but ending in opposite results because pottery)
>>
File: 1486031463107.jpg (107KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1486031463107.jpg
107KB, 500x492px
>>29440826
>>
>>29442295
Haber's not even in S7, he wouldn't care what people think of his pet now. He's going on to bigger and better cartoons than a little girls one.

You don't get respect for girls shows, he WILL get respect for whatever work he's going to work on next.
>>
>>29439533
Twilicorn was shit. They should've made Tirek face of the M6 and losing because alicorns are weak to him, but not the elements which get their magic from the ambient magic in the environment.
>>
>>29439533
>since
I think you mean before.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.