[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ywn watch this show in full colour vision

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

>ywn watch this show in full colour vision
>>
>>29438534
you mean the way a horse would see it?
>>
File: 13 inch big screen.png (329KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
13 inch big screen.png
329KB, 670x377px
>>29438534
Shit, what do you think we are, a bunch of millionaires here?
Who can afford a COLOR television?
>>
>>29438534
>tfw OP's pic is how your old TV shows the colors
>>
>>29438534
save up your money

EnChroma Colorblind Glasses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d0lyB9oLuo
>>
>>29438690
Dude.

Is this real? That's some amazing shit right there.
>>
>>29438920
They're a scam. It's impossible to make glasses that allow you to see a color you're physically incapable of seeing. It's like saying that you can buy a pair of glasses that lets you see in infrared. Or in x-rays.
>>
>>29438941
well... there are infrared night vision devices, but they use miniaturized infrared TV cameras to create a signal they then display in frequencies the human eye is capable of perceiving. it's a matter of semantics, I suppose.
>>
>>29438941
What this anon said, afaik the issue is in how your eyes refract/interpret light beams which can't really be fixed by optics
>>
>>29438920
don't listen to this faggot.>>29438941

Watch some youtube videos and decide for yourself if they are all actors or not.
>>
>>29438690
Those videos give me feels.
>>
There was a green of ponies not being able to see purple.
Twilight was very shocked when Anon explained this to her.
She was previously confused when he called her 'purple smart', she always seen herself gray.
>>
>>29438941
According to their website,
>Most people who suffer from color blindness are not blind to color, but have a reduced ability to see them. Color blindness is also called Color Vision Deficiency (CVD)
>>
>>29438534

Pink was overrated anyway.
>>
>>29439139
Here's an article from Forbes, written from a colorblind writer:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/sethporges/2015/04/28/can-these-glasses-really-fix-color-blindness-we-put-them-to-the-test/#633d3ad74d5a
He was able to distinguish red and described the colors as vivid, but he still couldn't pass a colorblindness test. They don't cure colorblindness, and they technically don't claim to. That would be illegal. Since they don't cure colorblindness.
>>
>genetic failures posting about My Little Pony online
boooooring
>>
>>29438690
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TiITQDPClI
>>
>>29441488
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Gh_-KDXAk
>>
>>29438534
It is a paradox that the most colorful pone is least distorted.

Ponk is most distorted.
>>
>>29439638
This sounds interesting, anyone have it?
>>
>>29439638
That sounds pretty adorable. Being told that you're actually a beautiful, vibrant color that has all sorts of connotations of royalty when previously you thought you were just shades of grey.
>>
>>29438690
>dat thumbnail
>wake me up
>WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
>>29439638
Maybe this is why she dyes her tail
>>
>>29442791
What colour would the stripes be to her? some sorta yellow?
>>
>>29438941
They don't seem to be a scam, although given the tech they are bit over priced.

Correct, however after reading more that is not how they work. They actually block colors that have multiple positive signal so the eye reads less false positives and can more easily detect color distinction.

In short making someone more color blind can make them notice colors better, as it cuts down on wrong color detection.

This assumes the person has that wrong color detection issue and the lens block the correct wavelengths. Given how common some of these are it should work for a significant portion of people, but not all. Their patent addresses the Red-Green wavelengths for the human eye. Though I suspect they could develop other targeted areas.

This is very much like how polarized lens let you see more, when in reality the are blocking half the light from reaching you.

Tech wise blocking targeted light is not hard.
>>
>>29439638
link
>>
>>29439638
That makes little sense; if they couldn't see the colour purple they wouldn't have a concept of purple.

It would be like someone calling you ultraviolet. Even if they can see UV, they won't be able to explain shit to you, and I don't think being told that you're a bright, vibrant, UV-coloured person would mean much at all to anyone. "Yay, I reflect a disproportionately large amount of a particular wavelength of light outside the visible spectrum! Bees can see me! This will not have absolutely no consequence on my life, my perception of self, or anything else."
>>
>>29438941
Depends on the type of color blindness. In some people receptors are indeed completely broken, but in most cases their frequencies are shifted. These glasses block some frequency ranges, between red and green for example, to help eyes differentiate shades. Originally they were developed for surgeons to help them see where's the flesh and where's the blood, but it turned out they also correct a certain type of color blindness. Later different types of glasses for other types of color blindness were developed using this method.
>>
>>29443842
Actually there are noticeable consequence for such a power. If limited to UV it would mean you are protected from UV rays so no fear of bad sun burn, also your body would drop such defenses as your powers cover it and you would turn very pale over time. You would also has slightly different dietary requirements, although it wouldn't be a problem nowadays.

If we included even higher spectrum things get more interesting as you would be immune to x-rays, and a simple respirator would allow you to enter incredibly hazardous radiation zones. Also you would be solid white on x-ray photos, so your doctor would have a hard time telling you about any internal damage without investigative surgery.

These are the small thing that make superpowers so interesting.

Also as a kid I had wide spectrum vision, like the opposite of color blindness. It created a number of problems as black birds looked crazy colorful, kind of like an oil spill. And I hated going outside as it was way too bright, I insisted on wearing dark ski goggles as they helped with the pain. Everyone thought I was crazy for years, and walking around in middle school with ski goggles is a fast way to make enemies.

I eventually proved I wasn't crazy during a science class where we burned thing to figure out what they were. I could ID things with UV signatures consistently under strict test conditions.

Sadly by the time I started figuring out what was going on and how to use this ability, it was slowly going away. By the time I was 23 black birds looked black like they do in the old picture books I grew up with. But I can still do insane color correction work better then most artist I know, they just don't notice what I do.

Also, if you ever throws an orgy while your gone for the week make sure to scrub everything, literally everything. You never know what he'll see when you leave the window open. You don't want that conversation, trust me.
>>
>>29439638
>ponies can't see the same colors like hums
Humans are said to have the best color sight of mammalians.
>>
>>29444736
Humans have trichromatic vision, meaning we see red, green, and blue. Horses are dichromatic, they only see green and blue, no red. Being able to see more colors is advantageous to predators, since it's helps us make out prey that have evolved to blend in to their surroundings.
>>
>>29444215
Well I was considering purely the aesthetic implications, since I was using it as a parallel to Twilight finding out she's purple which wouldn't have any of the consequences you described.

Well, being darker she might be less susceptible to sunburn, but I'm sure she'd already know her limits by trial and error.

Your story is fascinating though. Isn't that like when you have an extra cone/rod (I forget which)? How come it faded?

Also
>what he'll see
Either this is the subtlest gay joke ever, or you're a grill and so used the most natural pronoun for a significant other (which would thus be male for you). Which is it?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.