[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The show does forgettable slice of life that ultimately has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

>The show does forgettable slice of life that ultimately has no impact most of the time
>The comic writers who are even bigger hacks than the show writers get to mangle to lore and the show won't ever touch it

Why is it this way?
>>
>>29431842
The series has become like Sonic, in that they've done so much that it's essentially a "Pick and Choose your own continuity" at this point.
>>
>>29431842
Show writers literally don't care anymore about the show
>>
>>29432914
And it was all thanks to a strand of Twilight's tail!
>>
>>29431849
>>29432914
>>29432918
yeah yeah, we've all heard about this "le show is shit, reeeeee" circlekerk, next
>>
>>29431842
>>29431849
>>29432914
Whoa watch it OP. Anons don't take kindly to anyone who speak negatively about the current state of the show and will think you're just baiting.
>>
>>29432958
90% thinks the show is shit.
The remaining 10 only agrees it went downhill at most.
>>
>>29432958
Do you even know what website you're on?
>>
>>29433014
>"97,4% of the people agrees with me, it's a fact!!".
>source; my circles and me.
you're clearly on the right anon /s
>>
>>29431842
I point the finger at Faust.
She was in charge at the beginning and failed to do her job.

The lore, continuity, family relationships and other background should have been written in stone before the first episode was even written. Instead she half-assed it. There seems to be no 'continuity bible' or supervision over scripts.

But seriously, what do you expect? It's a 22-minute toy commercial. Hasbro is not in the business of creating quality art...their business is selling plastic crap to 6-year olds. It doesn't need to be good, so why spend the money on quality staff? They hired the cheapest writers they could get to create a cheap product.
The fact that they made something fapworthy was purely accidental and it's the ONLY reason the adult fandom got so big.

Don't sweat it too much. It was never meant to be taken seriously. Just clop and enjoy it for what it's worth.
>>
>>29433178
tldr
>>
File: Sombra_Cover.jpg (377KB, 1054x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Sombra_Cover.jpg
377KB, 1054x1600px
>>29431842

>mangle the lore

The comics did a better job with King Sombra than The Crystal Empire. Deal with it, butthurt canonfag.
>>
>>29433212
Don't you have a little brown daughter to fetishize, Whitley?
>>
>>29433178
>Blame Faust because she wasn't specific enough about her vision
In retrospect, this is a legit complaint.
>>
File: 1486031463107.jpg (99KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1486031463107.jpg
99KB, 500x492px
>>29434424
>>
File: remember this bitches.gif (2MB, 404x500px) Image search: [Google]
remember this bitches.gif
2MB, 404x500px
>>29434424
>blaming Faust because she wasn't specific enough about her vision
>not blaming some (not all) of the writers because they would've done jack shit even if she did cross every t and dot every i
>not blaming hasbro for never putting down a suffering horse as long as it shits dollar bills
There's a host of problems. But Faust didn't (and shouldn't) give a shit about continuity, and instead rightly chose to pick the battle of keeping the characters somewhat consistent with some cool shit that kids may like.

Hasbro whipped the MLP team with a half year production schedule instead of a full year, so I'm surprised that Faust could do the shit she did. It's just sad that anons nowadays will just call me faustfag because I actually gave a shit about the show, while not being so fucking serious that I became a full on brownie.

You want coherent lore? Write a fanfic about your headcannons elsewhere.
>>
File: it made me angry.jpg (174KB, 650x293px) Image search: [Google]
it made me angry.jpg
174KB, 650x293px
>>29431842
>>
File: 9692563.jpg (25KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
9692563.jpg
25KB, 620x400px
>>29431842
Because the target audience of the show is still easily manipulated little girls, while the target audience of they show is autismo spergo bronies that attend cons and buy every single piece of merchandise from the franchise they can get their hands on.
>>
File: e65.jpg (25KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
e65.jpg
25KB, 600x400px
>>29436104
>while the target audience of the comics
Fuck me
>>
>>29432914
A bunch of meaningless, forgettable SoLs - that what's the show has always been, that's what got it successful, so that's what they kept doing. You can't say "anymore" if they never did.
>>
Reminder that the problem isn't slice of life or adventure episodes, it's Hasbro forcing garbage into the scripts.
>>
>>29431842
Because the show writers /never/ cared about the lore to begin with and the comic writers mostly have free reign to do whatever they want because the lore that exists is practically irrelevant.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.