[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Midnight Frenzy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Midnight Frenzy.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Midnight Frenzy.png
1MB, 1366x768px
A new original song by Duo Cartoonist just released.
Part of the "Choices" project, the new song Midnight Frenzy!
The art/animatic will also be released in due time, just like the other songs.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXEmbVlk_kY
>>
Nice shilling
>>
it's shit
>>
>>29426594
It's decently enjoyable
>>
Ey oh ey oh ah
>>
>>29426594
>duecartoonist
It's meh
>>
>>29426594
Their animation is too Disney esque for my taste. Give me something like Breaking Bad kind of characterization and acting, and then we'll talk.
>>
>>29427357
>animation
>too Disney esque
So you're saying it's too good?
>>
>>29426594
My problem with Duo Cartoonist isn't their animation. Their animation is very good, but they can't match lyrics to their music at all. The cadence of the words to all their songs just doesn't fit. It's like they're writing in a different language, then dubbing it in English.

In this song, for example "But theserules can, be soboring." I don't know how to type it out properly so you get the gist, but she's rushing to fit words into spaces they don't fit in, and it throws off the whole thing. Everything else is great! The music is fine, the animation (for their other videos of course) is great!

Speaking of Duo Cartoonist actually, the final product of The Moon Rises was visually good, but the original song had Kristen Calvin, who COMPLETELY knocked it out of the park. It was amazing, but then Duo Cartoonist had Eilemonty, and honestly it just doesn't measure up. She overenunciates her T's, which is jarring to listen to, and again, the cadence of the song is off. I don't know if it's her fault of Duo Cartoonist, but the vocals are the weakest part of everything Duo Cartoonist does, and they really need to step up their game. Voice acting, singing, everything. Everything vocal needs work. They're fine elsewhere.
>>
>>29427630
Here we go, found the videos of The Moon Rises.

Original by Ponyphonic with Kristen Calvin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vBJAgbiBTY

Duo Cartoonist with EileMonty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PCNKlddJY

At "The Moon will stand her ground", Kristen nails it. That's the big moment, and it should be BIG. EileMonty didn't, and what should have been the biggest part of the song fell flat. This not being a Duo Cartoonist original song, it's much better than the rest, but they don't seem to understand vocals. S'all I'm sayin'.
>>
>>29426594
Looks and sounds fantastic, like the rest of DuoCartoonist works
>>
>>29427630
Sucks cause all their comments are "AMAZING EPIC AWESOME PERFECT!!!" Hopefully they take the critique if they come on here.
>>
>>29427671
Eilemonty is overrated, people only hire her cause she's "horsefamous". she always sings like a black r&b singer which there's a million singers like that already.
>>
>>29428255
>Eilemonty is overrated
I don't know if I'd agree entirely, there. Her cover on the original is still my favorite take on the song. It's just a pity that she fucked up the new version so badly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBlw4C6rzDo
>>
>>29426594
UHM.... VERY NICE
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>29427357
>Breaking Bad kind of characterization and acting, and then we'll talk.
How about I give you exactly what you're asking for? Shit served hot ala the 2012s just like your retarded generation loves it.
I don't normally screech and shake, but I'd strangle you to death if you were near me.

And just to make it clear, yes Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are fucking dog shit tier worse than Dr Who.
>>
>>29428422
Why did they feel the need to autotune eile so much? It doesn't make her sound any better.
>>
>>29430372
Hold up. I agree that Game of Thrones is pretty poorly done (though I loved the books, so fuck you) and Doctor Who is garbage (though every once in a while there was a decent episode) but Breaking Bad is amazing.
>>
>>29427630
I honestly agree with this. And this is coming from a guy who is personal friends with them and has helped on some of their projects. The lyrics are honestly forced into the melody. Honestly I don't know a whole lot about the production behind this exact song. But I also feel like a part of it could be done better.

That said, the instrumentals were great, the quality of the voice was fine, art was great too.

All in all a solid song for a fandom-tier production.
>>
>>29426594
I like it.
>>
>>29426594
I feel like the orchestral mixing in the background fell kind of flat. Like it should've been way more powerful for the composition and mood of the song. It's a pretty amateur song overall though. It had potential, but fell through.
>>
>>29426594
this makes me hapy like random disney songs
>>
>>29431754
Can you let them know then?
>>
midnight bubba
>>
>>29430372
>Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones is fucking garbage. I lost interest rapidly. The dragons are fucking stupid. I'd rather watch old men shower. NO HOMO
>>
>>29428252
It's youtube, the only criticism you can put there is letting the dislike bar go near the middle.

>>29427630
You got some good points. The effort is mostly what's being praised especially for a pony animation this late into the fray.
>>
>>29431754
Would the lyrics fit better if they tried to get some spanish singers? because that's where they are from.
>>
>>29426594
Pretty good. Couple of glaring issues but overall neat.
>>
>>29434616
I assumed one of them on that team made this thread by the sound of OP. I can ask them if they received any negative feedback and go that route.

>>29436319
Well they currently don't live in a Spanish speaking country. But I see your point. You are suggesting they find a primarily English native person to write their lyrics. Candasaurus was supposed to be that help. Though I will bring it up to them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.