[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 MOVIE HYPE THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: my-little-pony-movie-logo.png (290KB, 1300x1286px) Image search: [Google]
my-little-pony-movie-logo.png
290KB, 1300x1286px
8 months left.
Get hyped, fuckers.
>>
>>29419426
it's cancelled
>>
You want me to get hype 8 months in advance without even a trailer?

Not sure how that would work.
>>
>>29419426
>Pinkie is the only one facing left
Death flag detected
>>
>>29419820
>AJ is the only one whose colors aren't on the logo
Spike becomes element of Honesty confirmed.
>>
>>29419426
I am so fucking ready. F U L L length.
>>
>>29419426
Guys, im worried. Why isn't there a trailer yet? Or ANYTHING?

Are they putting off showing it cuz they know it's shit? Is it so fucking good that they feel confident in keeping us waiting? I don't know what to think....
>>
>>29419916
A while ago the Wikileaks emails showed they didn't really know what they wanted to do with the story.
If they do something too generic, pony fans will hate it. If they do something too targeted, casuals will feel lost since they don't know anything about the show.
>>
>>29419916
We'll have to wait until comiccon.
>>
>>29419426
shit the last three movies caused a fucking autistic level shit storm, I'm not exactly excited for this one if it turns out to be terrible. The only thing wrong with EQG was >no hooves, if this one sucks WITH hooves theres gonna be riots on this board. Don't fuck it up Hasjew or whoever the fuck makes it now.
>>
>>29419973
Can't be a worse shitstorm than the first EQG movie, which came just after Magical Mistery Cure. Back then people were PISSED.
>>
>>29419973
>the only thing wrong with EqG was no hooves

Good meme Meghan
>>
>>29419994
that's what made people bitter more than anything, the movie wasn't half bad desu.
>>
>>29420007
It was pretty meh tbqh, outside of the songs the plot is really shallow.
>>
>>29420018
*reminder* this IS a show centered around children as their main audience. No shit it's shallow, it's entertainment for a younger demographic that parents (and weird, basement dwelling fucks such as this board) can also reasonably enjoy.
>>
>>29420036
Shallow teen drama is not generally something well adjusted adults can enjoy, no.

Generic high-school characters battling for a school prom pop contest is not what Lauren had in mind.
>>
>>29420042
>talking colorful ponies that fight against the forces of evil is generally not something well adjusted adults can enjoy, no.

>generic battle scenes against other magical beings isn't what Lauren had in mind.

Like I said, it's pointed at children. Whether Lauren wanted to make it so adults can enjoy it with their child (or if you're this board) doesn't matter. It's a show directed
>at kids.
>>
>>29419916
Given how the Toy Fair is in a couple weeks, we might expect something then.
>>
>>29419945
The solution is just to be as creative and epic as fuck
They have a choir, so i'm hype
>>
>>29419875
Seriously. I have lots of dormant hype for this movie that I know will hit me as October gets closer and trailers start dropping.
I'm just nervous about seeing that art style in motion. Hopefully that part is okay.
>>
>>29421183
>that art style in motion
That was a concern I had, but to be honest, it is decently similar to the show style one, and it appears that it will have the same basic movement styles and stuff.
>>
>>29419426
Unless Faust worked on it, or Twilight loses her wings, I really don't give a shit desu senpai.
>>
Do you think glim will get a cameo appearance? Meghan said she wasn't a part of the script but the animation didn't happen until after she was created so it's entirely possible she'll appear in the background somewhere
>>
>>29421931
she will get a throwaway line about being busy in our town or on the road with trixie to explain why she is not there.
she might even get a short scene showing her walking out the castle door at the start of the film.
>>
>>29419426
I really hope there's proper communication between the movie writers and S7 writers. The last thing we need is more arguments over canon.
>>
>>29423157
>twilight sparkle loses her wings in the movie
>back again in season 8
>>
>>29419426
What if the movie ends up being non canon with the show?
>>
>>29423238
It'll almost definitely take place at a nondescript time around the time of S5 unless they changed the script to include glimmy and/or refrain from any significant status quo changes in S7
>>
>>29423253
>the movie takes place after the glorious S5
>mediocre S6 never happened
That would be perfect.
>>
>>29423253
Like I said, noncanon
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.