[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me know what you would want to see in a fanfic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

I have been debating which of these I want to write. Help me decide!

1. A story about Luna's child who was lost shortly after birth. He ends up being the Alicorn of truth, but that presents a problem in Equestria. The truth is often painful.

2. Sweetie Belle ends up in a major accident where she will certainly die from her injuries. To save Sweetie, Twilight transfers Sweetie's consciousness is transferred to a computer. She then begins inventing modern technology, namely, military technology.

3. A group of ponies in a different world create a portal to flee from a powerful enemy. Equestria welcomes them, but they don't fit in well. Their culture is built upon war and fighting. They are peaceful, but remain ready for war at a moment's notice. Not to mention they are all blue Pegasi without cutie marks and strange powers.

4. Before Celestia and Luna, and even before Discord's reign, a war broke out between the Alicorn race and Discord's race. Few survived the war on either sides, and all but Discord, Celestia, and Luna died out. None of them were old enough to remember the war. One Alicorn, however, was present at the final battle. He was the Alicorn of Time, and transported himself and hundreds of his fellow Alicorns to the future: modern day Equestria.

Let me know what you think, and I will take your thoughts into consideration. I don't know where or under what name I will post any of these when I finish one, but it will probably be on Fanfiction.net
>>
>>29403327
Forget everything you just said.
Write something about young hoodlums in the slum of this word.
>>
File: 50d72fc09813d3baea4c562b3cffcb2a.png (261KB, 2879x2797px) Image search: [Google]
50d72fc09813d3baea4c562b3cffcb2a.png
261KB, 2879x2797px
2, senpai
>>
>>29403327
. . . Of the list, probably #3.

But cut out the "strange powers" part. Or just fucking tell us. There's no need to be mysterious in the pitch.
>>
>>29403327
>Let me know what you would want to see in a fanfic
Twilight coming to grips with the fact that Celestia is flawed. That she knew her sister was coming back and had no idea how to smooth things over. That Twilight's existence (and sunset shimmer before her) was laid out and groomed for the role of being a socially awkward shut-in with great power so Celestia could learn how to be friends with her. And the reports about friendship lessons are actually fairly important because a schism is already growing again between them.

Twilight learning that her mentor and goddess doesn't know jack shit about how to relate to her own sister and is too prideful to admit it.
>>
>>29403327
1. Sounds good if it's played for laughs. Liar Liar in Equestria. Can have some sad/dramatic stuff too, but a bit of humour is great at stopping Mary Sue Syndrome and other OC-related illnesses.

2. There are already a lot of Invention/Technology fics out there. The bit with Sweetie sounds interesting, but it would have to be really unique and well-written to stand out from the crowd.

3. Intriguing. Cold War or Racism fics are rarely written well. Focus on character development, don't make these OCs bland plot devices and you should be good.

4. Depends solely on how interesting a character this Alicorn is. If you can come up with a time traveler that isn't an archetype that's been done to death, go for it, but I'd say this would be the hardest to pull off.

I'd say 1 and 3 are the best from those brief summaries, but for me at least, it all depends on the characterization.
>>
>>29403327
Discussing fanfics on this board is notorious for being debated on with no restraints.
We'll probably help.
>>
>>29403327
All of those ideas were cringy, desu.
>>
>>29403327
Let me try a take:
>alicorn of X
Very clichée. This is also why we disliked Cadance.
>modern technology
Seeing as how we're talking about magical ponies, magic should be duely noted.
>blue pegasi with strange powers from another world
Are you perhaps talking about a planet close to the world of litle ponies?

In general, alicorns are considered a big deal and wouldn't get so easily lost, and I hope you're able to convey the characters. You have no idea how many nide ideas were ruined by ooc behaviour.
>>
File: lean_on_me_by_docwario-datmgp7.png (2MB, 3300x3000px) Image search: [Google]
lean_on_me_by_docwario-datmgp7.png
2MB, 3300x3000px
>>29403327
>4. Before Celestia and Luna, and even before Discord's reign, a war broke out between the Alicorn race and Discord's race. Few survived the war on either sides, and all but Discord, Celestia, and Luna died out. None of them were old enough to remember the war. One Alicorn, however, was present at the final battle. He was the Alicorn of Time, and transported himself and hundreds of his fellow Alicorns to the future: modern day Equestria.

You see, I think you should write how Celestia & Luna unified EquestriaYou see, I think you should write about how Celestia and Luna unified Equestria with the war. The sisters would play their roles like Saladin. The difficult part would be to investigate about the Saladin campaings, to read War and Peace of Tolstoy, and you will have to create new kind of arms and armors for mares/stallions that can be adapt to the beligerant equines. In addtion, you must develop the behavior of their princesses —conflicts betwen them—, write up speechs to convice ponies to join into princesses's cause, and how they were able to make an army —including myths as San Martin's Armys of South America: he raised his army from the mud—.
—Whot do yout hink?
>>
>>29404134
You write like a bot.
>>
>>29403594
You just made me realize that I forgot something. On the Alicorn of Truth one, the Alicorn ended up in America shortly after birth and was raised in the middle of nowhere by backwoods people. He hunts for fun, eats meat, and hates being called a pony.
>>
>>29403327
I like Luna mom so that
>>
>>29404017
Yeah, I didn't really work much on any of those pitches in terms of making it interesting. Twas purely to get the point across in as little words as possible and I was half asleep.
>>
>>29404036
Oh...I didn't know people disliked Cadence for that. I've only been a brony for about four months, and I my first time on 4Chan was earlier this week. Good to know.
>>
File: uwot.png (265KB, 444x1024px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.png
265KB, 444x1024px
>>29404525
>>
>>29403522
Okay, I'll tell you. They have harassed weather for use in warfare, and can create ice armor and wing blades mad of ice. A few have managed to find ways to use their weather magic in the same way a unicorn does.
>>
>>29404547
>brony
We don't like that word around here. It has been taken by the people we dislike.
>first time on 4chan
You'll be in for a ride. /mlp/ hasn't been hit as badly by the site-wrecking events. There are still good people on the site... I hope?
>Cadance
Like with everything, people don't have a choice but try to reduce the damage they felt from suddenly-there's-another-alicorn and all-original-writers-are-gone.

I think Fimfiction will like your ideas. Then again, they probably like everything. Users here tend to be sounding their disagreements because they can be sure their arguments and elaborations matter, not the profile pic or the number of points they have.
>>
>>29404562
>using weather as a weapon
Strange powers? No. Interesting? Yes.
>>
>>29404563
The first three lines have just changed my understanding of everything in this universe. I have just been told that I am not what I think I am.
>>
>>29404568
We call ourselves horsefuckers.
This is a method to get underage and people with thin skin to leave.
>>
>>29404600
Well, that pretty much sums up what I have seen here thus far.
>>
File: mareholic vol 4.png (804KB, 1597x1694px) Image search: [Google]
mareholic vol 4.png
804KB, 1597x1694px
>>29404600
>This is a method to get underage and people with thin skin to leave.
Wrong. It's because people on this board genuinely want to fuck horses.
>>
>>29404156
Because I'm a bot.
>>
>>29404875
we're like the one bacterial culture in a petri dish filled with antibiotics we don't simply survive, we thrive on it. That's why we don't use gore or anime like /pol/ or extreme banter like the other boards - merely existing shoos newcomers.
>>
>>29403327
After much deliberation, I'm greatly interested in the ideas # 2 and #3, but would care more for mago-tech with crystals for processors, and the ponies coming from another corner of the world. Of course, the author decides what he's going to do.
>>
2 sounds good, none of these offer a chance of human on pony action though.
>>
>>29406829
>hop
Faggo.
>>
>>29403327
Fanfiction.net?
Ugh.
>>
>>29403327
>it will probably be on Fanfiction.net
Why on earth would you use that shitty site? fimfic is superior in every way.
>>
>>29407054
>>29407428
these. fimfiction's a better platform.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.