[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey bronies, you ever played an RPG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1485959293392.jpg (76KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1485959293392.jpg
76KB, 900x506px
Making a troll RPG/"Puzzle" game. I'll post it here when it's done, but it's intended for SU fags.

Any ideas for some traps/puzzles/fuck you moments to put in this game? I hate SUfags more than you, so let's have fun with this.
>>
>>29393746
Something heteronormative.
>>
>>29393746
put clop in it, lots of clop
>>
>>29393746
Make a fusion thing, but it's
>rape.
>>
>>29393746
make the characters straight and right wing
>>
>>29393761
>>29393771
See, thing is that will just make them dislike the political opinions of the game and stop playing it.

It's the equivalent of posting "You're all fags and your show is shit!", except it takes orders of magnitude more effort for a marginally greater effect.

Not that I have any good ideas myself, sorry. However, generally, a good way to go about this would be to present a challenge with the promise of a reward and then have no reward / a really shitty reward. Imagine one of those god-awful puzzles you might find in a Zelda game with a locked door next to it, and then you finally complete the puzzle after much hard work nothing of importance happens and the door never unlocks.

Alternatively games of "chance" that are rigged to provide just enough incentive to keep trying, then continuously fuck players over. Think a minigame where you'll randomly or semi-randomly get a really great prize (if it's not random, you have to make sure you have a way of fudging the results at will), but you also have to pay some in-game currency so you need to grind for it, and - importantly - you can see how close you were to winning; then instead of making the game in any way fair just have it be "really close" often enough to make people say "just a few more tries and I'll get it" (but not so often that it's outright suspicious), then make the actual prize extremely rare.
>>
File: 1486013193088.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486013193088.png
234KB, 600x600px
Make it about Glim Glam
>>
>>29393746
Nyx from past sins
>>
>>29393921
To expand a bit more - the general idea is to have the player expect a reward, require them to put in effort to obtain said reward, then withhold the reward.

If you do it too much or too often, or if it's too obvious, then the "expect the reward" bit will fail as players instead expect to get fucked over. It needs to be subtle enough to keep players coming back to it, but still present enough to actually properly frustrate them.

Oh and cheap, easy rewards are the best way to get people to keep playing - look up mobile games and the strategies they use to hook players and get their shitty half-assed minigames insanely popular (see candy crush, angry birds, temple run...). The goal here is to mix up easy-reward/"bait" parts of the game to get and keep players with reward-withholding/"troll" parts to frustrate and annoy players. If you just make the entire game a giant fuck-you to players, or if you make the troll bits too obviously shitty, players are gonna catch on really quickly - and then you'll get maybe a dozen victims who will realise what's going on and waste at most 5-10 minutes of their time, then warn others. Whereas if you manage to strike a good balance, you could actually get a bunch of people playing it despite being frustrated, and wasting A LOT more time and effort and mental energy.
>>
>>29393746
>>
Shut the fuck up about Nyx and Glimmer,

>>29393921
This guy gets it
>>29393948
Nice.

But I also want some Kaizo Mario-tier stuff in there. And Mario Maker troll level stuff. I want the pieces of shit that bought my game to suffer, and learn the meaning of pain. Maybe if they suffer through it all, they'll become better people?
>>
File: 1458057610997.png (342KB, 395x603px) Image search: [Google]
1458057610997.png
342KB, 395x603px
>>29395135
>they'll become better people?
A lost cause Anon, the only SU fans that haven't drank the social justice kool-aid would be the casuals.

The bulk SU fans will always be social justice retards who get triggered by everything. Still make the game though, nothing is funnier than SU fans getting super butthurt and making gigantic blog posts about how butthurt they are.
>>
>>29395135
>I want the pieces of shit who bought my game to suffer

I think this game has the same M.O.
http://www.lisatherpg.com/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.