[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Them's Fightin' Herds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 70

File: title.jpg (57KB, 639x358px) Image search: [Google]
title.jpg
57KB, 639x358px
so is it too late to back this game? I want those extra palettes

also TFH discussion thread
>>
Page 10 bump:The thread
>>
>>29382515
as much as I want to play this game, how many people actually know how to play fighting games? I feel as though I wouldn't be able to play against many good players.

can /mlp/ do a shoryuken?
>>
>>29382526
I'm not really good at them but I've been playing a lot of SG lately. Don't know the first thing about what makes a 2D fighter good or not, but I'm having fun with it. tfh should be much simpler though.
>>
>>29382526
I have no problem throwing shoryu's. Motions aren't the issue for me as much as being able to do combos and breaking out of them. If I could figure out how to do that without having issues, I'd say I'm a fairly decent player of fighting games.

But don't bring up frame data, that's an entirely different monster that I haven't even bothered to touch.
>>
>>29382558
I'm not that big on fighting games where frame data is important to me, but I don't know anyone I've ever met who can play fighting games at all. Hell, most of my friends can't play as Terry in King of Fighters, and yet here I am doing a neo deadly rave.

Problem is, most people looking forward to this game probably aren't good at fighting games. Most people buy fighting games because it looks nice, but usually don't try to become better at the game.

I just hope actual fighting game enthusiasts get this game
>>
>>29382586
Yeah, that's the main issue with fighting games. The fact that the learning curve to becoming good turns people off is kind of disappointing.

The way I see it, if you can figure out the motions for special moves and do them successfully, everything else will come with time and patience.
>>
>>29382586
>I just hope actual fighting game enthusiasts get this game
>4 buttons
it won't

though they said the same about dota
>>
>>29382524
bump :^)
>>
>>29382586
Fighting is Magic got featured at fucking EVO. There will be a few diehards in the TFH lobby, no doubt.
>>
>>29382515
I'd buy it.
>>
>>29382515
Yeah, too late to back it now. But it's just going to be one palette per character and they already said they're not going to make it super special ones like pony palettes or whatever to make nobody feel left out.

>>29382526
I'd go as far as to say I'm pretty good. Have been playing multiple games for thousands of hours, king at my local tourneys, topped some leaderboards and stuff. Import my controllers from nippon... no worries, there will be people to kick your ass in TFH, promise.
>>
File: invisible boxing.gif (870KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
invisible boxing.gif
870KB, 300x354px
>>29383243
eh that's not so bad I guess. I don't really care about any of the other backer stuff (aside from the free goat). I assume they're going to give the most stylish palettes to backers though. It's really only one per character? seems pretty lame desu
>>
>>29383269
Yeah, because that was the basic "yay you get something" reward that really everybody recieved so long as they spent the 15 bucks to get the game. That, and wallpapers. So basically, just the palette. Not that I'm complaining, an "exclusive" handout like that for every backer is not something a lot of games do in the first place.

Other than that, for people who spent 55+ bucks, they will also get an "ingame flair" thing. We still have no idea what that is supposed to be. Something like an emblem or title or colored frame for the character portrays, or something.

Iirc some later reward tiers also will give people some lobby stuff, none of which is exclusive though, just kind of a head start on the collectibles that everyone can get. But that is the extend of backer rewards you're missing out on as far as ingame stuff is concerned. One of a kind, custom made lobby stuff for the people who backed hundreds not withstanding. It's pretty tame.
>>
>>29383243
>But it's just going to be one palette per character

That's bullshit. One of the backer options was to create a palette which a shit ton of people bought.
>>
>>29383314
Right, which is going to be available to everyone. There is only going to be one palette per character that is exclusive to the people who backed the game.
>>
>>29383319

Could it be?
>>
>>29383515
I could see them do that actually.
>>
>>29383515
that would be a good laugh, also

>>29382515
>discussion
i don't know if anyone is interested, but el clopero uploaded a fan comic made by vavacung about velvet getting on with sombra. it's a lewd crossover story
just saying if anyone is interested in NSFW fanart the SFW usually is discussed during the stream threads
>>
So... For those not in the know, there was a change about how Velvet and Tiramisu gain magic. It used to fill at a constant rate but it charged faster when keeping a distance with Smugdeer and being close with snek. This was scrapped recently and now both characters get a constant magic meter fill with no variance depending on distance.

The former system worked kinda fine for Tian but Velvet would get destroyed as soon as anything managed to get close to her. Apparently this was an issue that was reported way back during the first days of the crowdfund (by a Guilty Gear player at Xanadu), who commented about how restrictive the deer felt since it didn't encourage any variations on her gameplay. But they tried to keep the system until QA kept pointing how troublesome it was.

-

Part of me feels happy that it seems like they tried to make this work, but a little more cynical side of mine feels a tad worried that they took nearly a year and a half to take Xanadu's feedback into consideration. I know they want to avoid an MKX situation where the meta switches every month but it feels like they are taking it to the other extreme.

But that's probably me assuming things that never actually happened.
>>
File: dont touch the cow.png (336KB, 912x1276px) Image search: [Google]
dont touch the cow.png
336KB, 912x1276px
>>29383561

I'm always up for some lewdeer.
>>
>>29383586
I don't know, "some guy at xanadu who played the game for the first time then and there" doesn't strike me as the best source of feedback. They've been talking about whether or not to change that for ages and it's still under consideration, thing is they only just now got all of the moves in so it's kind of hard to really judge that beforehand anyway. Don't really have to worry about "the meta" either when the only people who play the game are they themselves and some select testers.

As for opinions on the actual change, no idea. Can't comment on Tien in any way, Velvet more so cause I played some Rarity back when the leak was a thing. She also got the meter at a constant rate, and yeah it definitely allowed you to be flexible with the ranges you want to keep your opponent at. You could really lock someone down in the corner, pressure them endlessly sitting at the tip of your st.c range and doing launchers and 623a spikes and stuff. But if they got out you were free to just go back to fullscreen and keep up the zoning game. Now for Velvet I get the impression they don't want her to be able to do that, with j.c moving you backwards, removing the 236d/214d gems and all, in addition to the hilariously bad magic meter gain you had up close. But now they kind of reverted on that a little? Curious what that means for the character.

Here's a bit of a crapshoot assumption - maybe 623d has invincible startup now at the cost of two bars (if this seems too strong, mind you rarity also had 6 bars total instead of 5 and even at max range meter recovers slower than rarity's standard), but in return it no longer links into anything. No idea she doesn't seem like the character to get an invincible reversal, but somehow I saw something in a stream once that kinda gave the impression and that idea stuck in my head. So they reverted on only the magic meter gain not to make her mid range pressure stronger, but to give her an easier time dealing with pressure herself.
>>
>>29383681
velvet is obviously the devs' favourite. I expect her to be op
>236d/214d gems
>623d
>623a spikes
what is this?
>>
>>29382586
the 3 button controls with a chain combo system should make it easy enough to understand, and with the lobby system there's likely to be a lot of people just hanging around for a chat. Admittedly that will probably just bring a lot of RP faggotry, but at least there might be a few newbie's willing to learn.
>>
>>29383700
Those are fighting game motions mapped to the numpad on a standard keyboard. Assuming your character is facing your opponent to the right, 236 is a hadouken motion, and 214 is the backwards hadouken motion. 623 is the standard shoryuken motion.
>>
File: 10440193_f260.jpg (13KB, 260x167px) Image search: [Google]
10440193_f260.jpg
13KB, 260x167px
>>29383700
anime input notation, 236 is quarter circle forward, 623 is dragon punch, abcd are the buttons, don't really know of a better way to differentiate between the twenty versions of "that attack which makes spikes errupt from the ground"
>>
>>29383782
>>29383800
ohhh that makes a lot of sense. thanks
>>
I haven't been following this, but aren't they ~14 months into the 18 months of development that were needed to finish the game, according to their kickstarter? Are they still on track to make that deadline?
>>
File: milkshake.webm (127KB, 538x500px) Image search: [Google]
milkshake.webm
127KB, 538x500px
>>29383853
I dunno but I'd rather the game comes out whenever it's finished. that dynamic music thingy makes me hard as a rock desu
>>
File: bad-game.png (544KB, 2014x1195px) Image search: [Google]
bad-game.png
544KB, 2014x1195px
>>29383863
>I dunno but I'd rather the game comes out whenever it's finished
Sure, of course. I'm just curious how good their estimates were. and hoping they don't way overshoot and run out of money or something
>>
>>29383853
There's no way on earth they're gonna get it in time. But everyone who followed development a bit pre-crowdfund knew that from the get go.

The backers forum was months late, the wallpapers were months late, hell even when the crowdfund was still running the book of lore bits were months late. It's just how these guys function. They turn every piece a thousand times with high attention to detail and perfectionism. And the stuff they've made always looked good, and that's the reason why, just, you can't take any date they say seriously. For what it's worth, they are aware of that and refrain from giving dates as much as possible. They didn't really promise anything for the IGG either, it's just a rough estimate.
>>
>>29384169

Well, they kinda hinted in the last stream that the following two would be the last pre release ones.
>>
I'm curious about this game, but don't know much about it, just that it uses 4 buttons, similar to Melty Blood and MvC2. My question is if the gameplay will be either pressure or neutral based and if resets will play an important part of this game?

Will it have a way to limit infinites like a one per round burst ala GG or a bar that causes a reset like Skullgirls?
>>
>>29382526
I'm decent, I used to win locals in MvC2 and CvS2, I've been playing SG for the past month and it is kinda great too. And while I don't expect TFH to be as deep as CvS2, it looks like a fun game and a nice entry point to the genre
>>
>>29382515
yes.
But if it sell well it might get some add-ons in the future.
Also, who is best ungulate?
>>
>>29382629
If there were a high quality ponified version of Dota made, I'd definitely play it.
>>
>>29382515
As much as i'd like the game to succeed, deep down I know that the window of opportunity for it's success has long since slammed shut.

Let's not beat around the bush. The game would have been wildly more popular if it had not been C&D'd and starred the original mane 6 as was intended. The continuation of the abandoned game will always have the stigma as being a frankensteined second hand bootleg inferior to what the final version may have been. The developers would have been more renown.

Since the switch, they have fallen short of their pledge goals, missed deadlines, and are distracted. You can only speculate as to what's been happening. Maybe they've lost team members along the way or are still reeling from have the wind knocked out of them from the C&D.

The game will probably spark some interest but will ultimately end up as a very niche game.
>>
>>29385088
Yea the fact that its a fighting game is the problem. Fighting games are niche as fuck and the fanbases they have only play that X game and nothing else.

If this was instead a cartoon or a dota esque game i could see it getting traction, and i'd be sad to see these characters fade away.
>>
File: .png (369KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
.png
369KB, 900x506px
>>29385105
>If this was instead a cartoon
That always doesn't work out
>>
File: 1448146576512.png (2MB, 1500x1342px) Image search: [Google]
1448146576512.png
2MB, 1500x1342px
>>29384965

Most combos are about juggling your opponent in the air, it has an (I think invisible) bar that once filled will make the opponent to heavy to keep juggling and will drop on the floor. That's the gist of the infinite prevention system (I'm sure it's more detailed than that, I'm lacking sleep right now).

>>29385105
I think you are mixing the fgc with either Smash or Capcom fanboys, admittedly the bulk of players belong to the later groups but the people who like fightans are always willing to try something new.

They certainly missed the chance to get something explosive like FiM on 2011 or 12, but I'm sure they can get something modest like Skullgirls (probably less) .
>>
File: 1444867138170.png (76KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444867138170.png
76KB, 300x500px
>>29385436
I never heard of this. What's its story?

About the chances of this game being successful, if it has a robust single player it might be able to get Freedom Planet esque numbers, I'm not so sure about the online side.
>>
>>29385459
Guy who made Double Rainboom went on to try to make a cartoon series 4 years ago.

They say to this very day he's still trying to pitch the cartoon.
>>
>>29384965
>just that it uses 4 buttons, similar to Melty Blood and MvC2

MvC2 is a bit different.
It uses 6 buttons. Two for assists and light punch/kick become medium punch/kick if you press them twice.
This game uses simple light/medium/heavy and magic buttons.
No kick-punch distinction, no call-ins.
>>
>>29385088
>The continuation of the abandoned game will always have the stigma as being a frankensteined second hand bootleg inferior to what the final version may have been.

It depends a lot on whether or not they can push out a decent number of those planned additional character.
Another thing is the old game ran at a very shitty resolution and all that.
Unless you planned on sharing the CRT with SSB people, you'd have a hard time getting it through on any larger screen.

The game is not really any worse for it, the massive lag between where they could have been and where they are just sucks dick.
>>
File: PomPicnic.gif (1KB, 52x72px) Image search: [Google]
PomPicnic.gif
1KB, 52x72px
>>29385464

Well I always found Double Rainboom to be shit so I'm not surprised no one would want to fork money for his other projects. kinda like the opposite reaction I had towards this game.

>>29385489
As you said, it's not like Marvel. It's also worth mentioning that while this game technically has 4 buttons it's not like an SNK game either since it's: light attack - medium attack - heavy attack - Magic. The later which would normally be mapped to a combination of buttons but ManeSix decided to give it its own for accessibility's sake.

Another thing I'm noticing now that we are getting close to the supposed release date is how little effort there seems to be to hype up this game. Monthly streams and backer forums are appreciated but you also need to make an effort to catch the eyes of the people who are currently not taking notice of your game. Just as an example, EQD seems to think ManeSix has gone silent since the crowdfund (I'm pretty sure I read Calpain saying that).

Back in the Fighting is Magic days we had (admittedly rough) trailers every now and then that showed all the cool shit you could do with a character, their stage and their theme all on a 1 minute package that everyone could see. Which was pretty cool to promote the game since not everyone wants to skim through 2 hours worth of stream to see your progress.

This might be because they are putting their efforts into every single aspect of the game at the same time instead of concentrating in one thing and then go to the next one which might be better for the game from a players POV but it's not so great when you try to get people to pay attention to it. (already an uphill battle on itself because of the fighting game crowd + pony crowd thing)
>>
>>29385088
>The continuation of the abandoned game will always have the stigma as being a frankensteined second hand bootleg inferior to what the final version may have been.

I don't know man, apart from the fact that one game has ponies and one game does not, TFH seems better in any conceivable way.
>>
>>29385691
I don't really blame them. They are a small team and they're definitely doing stuff they have no experience in like legal issues and deployment issues. Plus they're gearing up for a beta release, are they not?
As for hype, It looks unique and the gameplay is fast. There's no reason why it couldn't get fotm status so I'm not too worried about that. Then again I don't know anything about advertising
>>
>>29385464
Double Rainboom was utter trash, even comparing it to the weaker episodes of MLP.
>>
>>29385464
>he is still trying
Man, that projecr is dead as fuck. Not even us discuss it here
It's just lick scars now if you ever talk about true tail
>>
>>29385756

Oh, no doubt I'm going to try to hype the game up once it's released and maybe try to trigger Barneyfag on /v/ , but there is not much to work with until that point, I don't feel it'll have a good launch sales wise.
>>
>>29385691
With about 4 months yet to go, they're probably focusing full-ti on making the actual game instead of promotions.

The original's biggest promotion was the leaked build, anyway.
They are building towards a beta so getting that out will probably help them out much more than a trailer with characters most people have already seen.
>>
File: 1442929529932.jpg (113KB, 442x361px) Image search: [Google]
1442929529932.jpg
113KB, 442x361px
>>29382515
>>
>>29385916
Oh god don't remind me of the beta. I hate that I was too cheap to pledge 40 bucks back then so much. That time is going to be hell...
>>
File: FoenumBG.gif (3MB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
FoenumBG.gif
3MB, 600x350px
>>29385930
I just hope that when they do the beta, if it doesn't have all the characters, it will at least have the pegasi replacements to play as instead of Twilight/Ponk like in the original game.
>>
>>29386016
I'm pretty sure the beta is going to have at least the six characters. After all that's the first thing they'll have to get to a playable state. What's not going to be in is single player stuff (story and trials and what not, standard versus against a cpu should be doable), and the whole lobby stuff (but I expect standard versus online). There is also just going to be a small couple of stages and none of the dynamic music stuff yet.

The release build is probably not going to have thaaaat much more. I expect a lot of stuff getting postponed to a later time after release.
>>
>>29382526
I was a rank A-S in Guilty Gear XX: Reload online, so there's that.

I hope I'll find money to get a proper arcade stick and at least a laptop 'till TFH comes out.

All my muscle memory is set for a keyboard, so I'm pretty bad at the arcades.
>>
>>29385459
They need to promote the gane at tournamentd a little bit more. Mane 6 needs to understand that the fighting genre has a somewhat steep entry barrier, they need to capitalize on the fact that their game is a great entry point thanks to it's simplicity while also being a great option for veterans thanks that it has depth.

If they akso have a decent amount of quantity and quality in its SP aspect, the lobby is actually fine and also manages to have some e-celebs promoting the game, TFH will do fine.
>>
>>29386143
>their game is a great entry point thanks to it's simplicity while also being a great option for veterans thanks that it has depth.
That's every single recent fighting game that isn't KOF.
>>
File: Hehe.png (1024KB, 900x655px) Image search: [Google]
Hehe.png
1024KB, 900x655px
>>29386184
Not really.

Most games tend to be simpler but to call them good starting points would be a misnomer.

I got into fighting games with FiM and needed someoen to play them with, so I naturally asked my younger brother if he wanted to play.
He didn't even watch pony, I just told him the controls and we went on to play the game a few times just like that.

In contrast, opening up Skullgirls or MKX up, despite the latter even being a much more positively received as far as looks go, neither could really get him past a second match.
Provided, I was still shit at those games and the match or two were rather equal.

Whether intentionally or by accident, Fighting is Magic is a damn great game for just about anyone to try out.
Stuff like MKX, Injustive, SF5,... they may be simple by fighting game standards but they're far better as starting points coming from other franchises, not as starting points to fighting games as a whole.
>>
>>29386143
I don't think they need to do much advertising at this point, let's talk about it when the beta is out and the release is imminent. No point in hyping this game, it's not like nobody has heard of it and it's just being announced, everyone with a faint interest in fighting games has at least heard the name before. When it's out, yeah, a couple of trailers and articles and showcases in fgc talkshows and stuff would be great.

I also think you shouldn't overstate how easy it will be to pick this up. From what I can judge I want to say, it does some things accessible as hell, but it's things that really are not that tough to begin with and other games have already made super accessible. Lenient move inputs, large input buffers, simple motions, ALL of that has been done countless of times. It's all very good ideas which make for a very enjoyable and fluid experience on a newcomer level, against the CPU and where two people who mash buttons are pitted against each other. The ability to chain anything into anything makes it so even just mashing random buttons makes for halfway sensible and cool looking blockstrings / combos, too.

But this game will not be able to fix the things which make fighting games unpalatable for newcomers. Experienced guys will still royally mop the floor with them, and it will feel devastating and you won't even know what happened. That's just what it looks like with a game that's as lenient and free-form as this one. There's going to be a flurry of setups and resets unleashed upon you, and before you know it you got perfected. And think, man, this game is busted, the only way to be good is to become a turbo autist. Not only do you have to figure out how to defend against that stuff, you also have to sit down and learn that stuff yourself. Because at the end of the day, the leniency and open-endedness doesn't make things simple. It just means you have to learn a lot of stuff at once, because the veteran players have already done so.
>>
>>29386184
I always find odd how many people seem to have troubles with KOF since I find their usual ranbu inputs were easier than 2xqcf ones, even the so called pretzels.

That said, entry level KOF and competitive KOF have a noticeable jump that goes from "I'm playing SF but with three characters" to "spazzing like a rabbit on mating season and doing 70% 2 bar combos all the time".

>>29385916
I feel like the game was already known by the time the leak happened, that build just confirmed that they were somewhat competent devs instead of the usual fangame group. But that might be me remembering things wrong.
>>
>>29382526
I can't wait to kick everyone's ass.
>>
>>29382526
i never touched a figthing game since the snes.
i had DBZ: budokai tenkaichi 3 in PS2 and Xenoverse in PS3, but obvious fighting games doesn't count.
but yeah, at least i can throw a shoryuken
>>
I DEMAND MAMA-FAUST IN THIS THREAD! :3
>>
>>29386289
If anything I'm sure James Chen will try to push it (he promotes pretty much every game in the genre) and JWong + SonicFox will give it a try (the later is a QA tester for the game nowadays)

>>29386265
I've always found Skullgirls to be a great entry game along with Guilty Gear Xrd. At least to mess around with people who are new to the genre, they certainly aren't when you want to jump online.

>>29386289
I feel that part of the target audience for this game (the people who wanted to get Fighting is Magic because of hoerseses) is going to help in this regard, since there might be enough "low skill level" people to not get stomped every single match. Especially if you don't bother to go to ranked and just mess around the lobbies.
>>
>>29382551
FYI: Them's FIghtin' Herds uses the SG game engine.

There's also lots of fighting game beginners (including myself) so you should easily be able to find some others of comparable skill level to play the game with.
>>
>>29386265
>Not really.
Yes really. MKX is a casual experience, it is oriented on casual players, it's slow and easy.
The same goes for Injustice, not to mention the usage of widely popular characters.

Street Fighter 5 has incredibly increased buffer window, quests, shop and a very easy story line that makes you play every single character at least once.

More to it, games like Skullgirls or even Guilty Gear have the problem of "entry level" vs "I know a button already level" where the minimal skill difference makes the game pretty much unwinnable for a less experienced player.
Like, give a newbie Skullgirls and a week or two to learn it, then let him try playing online - he'll be obliterated in all and every of his games.

>>29386293
>I always find odd how many people seem to have troubles with KOF
Because KOF de-facto has some of the worst entry conditions among the fighting games. Inputs mean nothing. On the entry level, you face-roll. Facerolling in KOF does nothing because it has a huge reliance on timed (unlike buffered in SF5) links and peculiar (aka hard to hit on random) inputs.

Learning KOF even to a minimal level is also far from easy, given you have multiple meters to manipulate, three different jumps, complex inputs for mandatory actions and so on.
>>
>>29386335
>I've always found Skullgirls to be a great entry game along with Guilty Gear Xrd.

Dunno about GGXrd but Skullgirls is pretty bad.
A newcomer is usually a button masher. Button mashing with assists absolutely annihilates solos.
So both sides just figure out teams are the way to go and spam themselves to oblivion.

Marvel games absolutely demand you learn a long combo string with more than one character to be at least not absolutely incapable of doing anything.

Skullgirls is great in making Mahvel approachable but that's just having an easier time scaling a mountain. It's still a frickin' mountain.
>>
>>29383601
ok
>http://www.spike-el-clopero.org/2017/01/comic-crossover-story-act-1-ice-deer.html
>>
boop
>>
page 10 bump
>>
I could possibly help get a comic series started with connections, but there some issues in the lore/world building that leave a sour taste in my mouth.

>>29385842
Barneyfag doesn't care.
>>
>>29387891
I'd say leave the shilling for when there is something to actually shill.

They're doing their thing and whether there's a thousand or ten thousand people waiting for some results makes no real difference.
>>
I don't even like the fucking show, I'm just here because discussions about this game are banned from /v/
>>
>>29388060
so, what do you want to discuss, /v/ anon?
which lore you liked? which one was bad for you? your favourite background? who are you going to main?
>>
>>29388060
It honestly sucks because a lot of people on /v/ could actually discuss the game whereas most of /mlp/ already played the old game to hell and back and doesn't really have much to talk about even if we'd like to.

Think Pom will somehow retain The Stare?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJC06XGN8Ro
>>
>>29388060
It's honestly for the best. /mlp/ might be a pretty terrible board at times, but /v/ is /b/ but for videogames.
>>
>>29385451
This image will never not make me happy.

>>29388134
She has a move that's functionally the same, instead of her staring it has the dog do a quick bark which staggers the opponent (and makes them restand no matter what height or state you hit them at, from what I've seen).

You will probably be using it to set up resets (different timing as opposed to waking up from a knockdown might mesh better with the attacks from the assist dogs and stuff). Also chances are it'll retain functionality even when the juggle-limit-bar whatever it's called is full, whereas knockdowns done with a full bar can be teched now.

So basically every combo ever is going to end with that attack.
>>
>>29386143
How does this game have depth? I didn't get to play too much of FiM and I'm assuming they've changed it a lot since
>>
>>29388891
I feel "depth" is a bit of a hard of a word to put your fingers on in relation to fighting games. There's loads of moves with loads of properties and the question of how "deep" you're willing to dwelve exploring them is entirely up to the players.

Maybe a better way to put it is, the characters have really well fleshed out and balanced movesets which make exploring them enticing, encouraging "deep" gameplay with lots of tricks and counterplays and mind games and what not.
>>
File: 10507.png (63KB, 196x192px) Image search: [Google]
10507.png
63KB, 196x192px
>>29388134

This game in particular has a lot of ties with horseys but it makes you wonder if ManeSix were to ever make a new game it would receive the same treatment as this one.

If all discussion from a game should be contained to /mlp/ because the devs like/liked the show there should be quite a few more games on this board.
>>
>>29389151
as long as the game is good, i'll believe it would have the same, if not better, reception and discussion here
>>
File: Send-Noods-Pom.png (618KB, 2000x1672px) Image search: [Google]
Send-Noods-Pom.png
618KB, 2000x1672px
>>29389424
I'll agree with you since the last two threads I've been (this one included) have been pretty chill but we had our share of people sperging out about how this isn't ponies and the like.

It still beats /v/ tier shitposting I guess.
>>
>>29389534
>send noods
i don't know what that is, but i will find it
tomorrow, because i need to sleep
>>
>>29389534
>It still beats /v/ tier shitposting I guess.
>tfw /v/ had a better discussion than /mlp/ ever did in the past few months.
>>
>>29390118
I dunno m80 the discussion looks pretty good this thread
>>
>>29390168
The previous thread we had was a /v/ one that got moved here after like 100 replies or so, maybe he's talking about that.
>>
>>29390118
Last time I visited /v/ (a few months ago) it was a memeing kindergarten with anons being as bad at games as /g/ anons are tech-illiterate.
>>
File: Tron.png (457KB, 1215x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tron.png
457KB, 1215x1024px
>>29391566
It's like that for most boards.

Heck, the /co/ threads on MvC:I are full of people who ridicule the notion that fighting games are impossible to get good at.
Meanwhile, /v/ fighting game threads are spammed with people who think the Z motion is somehow impossible.
>>
>>29391566
>>29391635
>4chan post-2014
It's a shame how the site has fallen.
I'm here because /mlp/ is more or less redeemable.
>>
File: 1376882879110.jpg (2MB, 2076x2824px) Image search: [Google]
1376882879110.jpg
2MB, 2076x2824px
>>29391650
Post or before 2014, /a/ has always had the worst taste in Asian vikings' cartoons on this site.
>>
>>29391690
>moot
I'm still salty about his betrayal. I mean, he got cucked, but still.
>>
>>29391566
Lucky you
When i saw /v/ for the first time i saw a LoZ thread becoming a footjob fetish thread because OP posted zelda giving link a footjob
>>
>>29391650

/mlp/ is actually pretty good, yeah. i stopped going to /b/ back when this board started solely because i couldn't take /b/ seriously any more (banning something that wasn't actually illegal).
>>
File: 1429419964742.png (45KB, 456x724px) Image search: [Google]
1429419964742.png
45KB, 456x724px
>>29391690
at least moot knew how to have fun
>>
>>29392335
>Implying Hiroshima is not having fun at our expense.
Dude, that guy is a master ruseman.
Heck, he even played for dumb during the Q&A despite being a guy that made 2channel WHILE STUDYING IN THE USA.
This guy knows how to speak English, he's just playing people for fools.
>>
>>29392380
the difference is moot fuck with us
hiroshima fuck us
>>
File: asuka uniform.jpg (203KB, 920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
asuka uniform.jpg
203KB, 920x1280px
>>29392335

Asuka is best girl.
>>
>>29382515
I strictly play only Street Fighter. Not sure why but it sits right with me. Any other game feels slow and is based on combo shit.
>>
File: up137484.jpg (37KB, 630x490px) Image search: [Google]
up137484.jpg
37KB, 630x490px
>>29392683
You might have to be more specific about what you mean with "based on combo shit" since pretty much every fighting game nowadays has combos.

As for games with an SF feeling? I'm not so sure there are that many besides SF itself since Capcom always reigned in that sector and everyone else either tried to add more crazy shit to the classic fighting formula (like KOF or GG) or do a completely different thing (like Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat).

The closest thing I can think of is the Garou/Fatal Fury series.
>>
>>29392833
>More specific.
Sorry 'bout that.

Hmm.. take a game like Skull Girls or Mortal Kombat. With those, you can't really outright just hit your enemy with whatever you got. A lot of the time, you can't press buttons, that don't chain together, in rapid succession. Whereas in SF, you could theoretically string together 2 M-Punches with a H-Kick, even thought they aren't listed as a combo. You have to makes use of your move-set in order to win.

Maybe I'm just a pleb who doesn't know how to combo.

TLDR, Street Fighter feels less restrictive and much faster.
>>
>>29392380
>>29392383
This, Hiro is actually a pretty bright guy. Scary resourceful and aware of what's happening and what needs to be done.

He just comes off as an idiot because that is really the only way he can broaden his message to the greater audience and it draws more attention. In this day an age when people have the attention span of a fly having an announcement stick and sent at you in the most repetitious and memetic way possible is key.

He's basically the Trump of 4chan. You only think he's a dangerous idiot because it's beneficial to him that you don't know his gameplan.
>>
>>29392922
His gameplan seems pretty clear: he paid actual real-life dollars for 4chan, and is now trying to make that money back as fast as possible by any means necessary. That means switching to virus ads, inventing all new ways of pushing 4chan pass sales, and trying to scare the userbase with made-up cost numbers. Don't forget that talk of shutting down boards because the site is suddenly losing money - how many months ago was that, now?
>>
>>29393242
About three or four months I believe.
>>
>>29389534
>>29389576
here
>>
>>29382526
I loved GG:XX R.
I just like having fun and throwing combos around.
The whole meta of stageplay, buffering attacks and making a chess match out of punching others goes right over my head.
I cant grasp this shit.
>>
Pom and paprika look too similar in design
> poofy light-coated long-necked quadraped
Which character am I describing?
>>
>>29392852
I don't really get your distinction here.

There are link combos, so, whenever you hit with an attack, have it fully recover, and do a second attack and the hitstun caused by the first attack is long enough for that second attack to connect. Say, Ryu in SFV can do cr.mp - cr.mp - cr.hk. Street Fighter has those, Mortal Kombat has those, Skullgirls has those.

And there are chain combos, where after an attack hit you can cancel it's recovery animation by starting a second attack. Say, Ryu in SFV can do cr.hp xx shoryuken xx super. Street Fighter has those, Mortal Kombat has those, and Skullgirls is obviously chock full of those.

Now when you say, stuff is "listed as combos", I guess you refer to what Street Fighter coined 'target combos' - weirdly specific chains that only exist between single moves done in particular order. Say, Ryu in SFV can do st.mp xx st.hp xx st.hk, and that's pretty weird and doesn't conform to the normal combo rules because you can't usually chain normals like that in SFV so they list that in the command list. Sometimes these particular button combinations even make entirely new attacks appear that can't come out in any other context like Guile's quick overhead and what not. SFV has those, Mortal Kombat is chock full of those (even though the majority of them are meaningless in high level play), and Skullgirls doesn't actually have any of those as far as I'm aware.

I do get the idea that you prefer link combos over the chain stuff, and obviously that's the most prevalent way to combo in SF which refrains from doing chains for the most part. But you should really expand your fighting game horizon a little, cause the notion that SG's combo system in particular is slower and more restrictive than SF is honestly kind of silly.
>>
>>29394711
Velvet with a really long neck?
>>
>>29394711
>Poofy
Pom's only poofy part is her pompadour, and Paprika is floofy, not poofy.
>Light-coated
I'll give you that
>Long-necked
Pom's neck isn't long.
>Quadraped
Fuck off.
>>
File: PaprikaXD.gif (1KB, 52x72px) Image search: [Google]
PaprikaXD.gif
1KB, 52x72px
>>29394711
The staff also felt their designs were also a tad bland (something I agree with, I never liked those two since the Crowdfund) and they decided to add some accessories to make up for it.

Paprika has this on her back, Pom was posted a few posts above.
>>
>>29385691
>>29395260
these are neat gifs. got more?

>>29386328
maybe in the beta release thread. but i bet it will be a sure one the day this gets officially released
>>
>>29392852
>Street Fighter feels less restrictive and much faster.
What you meant is that you preferr neutral based fighters insead of preassure based ones. Of course, I'd have to ask which SF you are referring to, because the series has seen many changes in it's game style over the years, 3S is more focused on the defense while SFV theorically is more offensive focus.

As for how restrictive and fast a game is, I'd have to disagree, games like SG were made taking MvC2 as a base, and trust me, you'd be hard pressed to find a fighter faster than MvC2.

But this guy said it better than me >>29394919 you should expand your horizons with fighting games, there are so many different types across the genre that is insane. Besides, SFV is kinda bland
>>
>>29395558
Are you the Elosande who used to work on FiMg or just tripfagging for shits and giggles
>>
>>29393615
>The whole meta of stageplay, buffering attacks and making a chess match out of punching others goes right over my head.
But anon, all of these are in GG.
>>
>>29395611
Nah, just a random writtefag who forgot that he was using his trip
>>
File: RIP.png (204KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
204KB, 1000x1000px
>>29395833
He's saying he knows they're there but he doesn't care. He can play and compete in the game just fine without them.
>>
Boop
>>
up
>>
Saged
>>
will the game be on steam or do you have to get it somewhere else?
>>
>>29399103
Steam yeah
>>
>>29382515
Fighting is Magic was a good game.
What is this, even.
>>
>>29399202
Fighting is Magic without the ponies but with improved everything else (like not needing to play in a tiny window on a Japanese engine from 2002).

I'm still going to miss the ponies, though.
Could be fun figuring out who the newer characters like the goat are based on, though.
>>
>>29399219
Is there a demo or is it like Fighting is Magic where we'll get the game never unless someone leaks it?
>>
>>29399224
Sadly, nothing yet.
They promised a beta as a part of their Indiegogo campaign so I guess a leaked build is possible in due time.
>>
File: 1473825161222.png (228KB, 882x906px) Image search: [Google]
1473825161222.png
228KB, 882x906px
>>29399197
aight, thanks
>>
>>29399197
Really hoping for a gog version but I have a feeling it's never going to happen
>>
>>29399894
I'll crack it for you, anon
>>
File: 1486148985996.jpg (5KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
1486148985996.jpg
5KB, 271x186px
>>29382515
wasn't the game cancelled?
>>
>>29399894
probably it will come in gog, i guess...
>>
>>29383586
Shit, that was her weak point, I blame Sonicfox and all his ZONING TOOLS bullshit
It's not like I'm jealous because he is playing the game many months before I can even touch it

>>29382629
>it won't
You have no idea how many people grew up playing KOF, there is a lot of KOF 98/02 cabinets in every corner on the 3rd world countries
>>
>>29382526
Horrible, I don't actually make much of an effort to learn fighting games. I instead just learn how to read my friends and woop their asses.
>>
File: ThirstyUncomfortableBobwhite.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ThirstyUncomfortableBobwhite.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>29382526
I don't usually play video games, but when I do it's with one hand.
Hopefully there will be some kind of ladder to allow shitlords like me to sink to the bottom with the other true button mashers.
>>
>>
>>29382515

Is it true Lauren is no longer involved in the project?
>>
>>29402108
Lauren has been drowning in Pinot Noir for the last 4 years, I think
>>
>>29402108
what? she's still writing for the game. where the hell did you hear that?
>>
>>29402108
No idea what gave you the idea, she's still part of the team and working on the story and all.
>>
>>29402171
Good wine at least
>>
File: GP_mlp107.jpg (36KB, 530x340px) Image search: [Google]
GP_mlp107.jpg
36KB, 530x340px
kek remember when the game looked like this?
>>
>>29402456
No need to twist the knife...
>>
>>29400074
>It's not like I'm jealous because he is playing the game many months before I can even touch it

Iktf

I used to be part of the "fighting game bronies", in the sense that it was nothing but a shitty steam group where some guys with pony avatars would hang and so would I. But all that ever happened was spouting memes and sharing pony fanfiction and every single guy in there sucked MAJOR ass at any fighting game. So I left, but for some reason I will never understand, the FiMg devs would later make half of these guys playtesters for the game. And now with TFH, from what I understand some of them are even on their payroll.

That peeves me something fierce. Not even really because they get to play the game and I don't, I know I wouldn't make for a good tester. But on the mtsp servers after the FiMg leak, some people there were knowledgeable as hell and talented and put in mad hours disecting the game, putting up servers, improving the netcode, figuring out flaws the devs made and implementing stuff the devs said was impossible and all that cause some of them even worked with the engine before. And they would try really hard to hit up the devs, get involved with the project proper, to no avail. And really just because they weren't at the right place at the right time.

Now they made the tribute edition and stuff. Which makes the M6 guys ignore them even more, but they really didn't want to do any rogue 'hijacking' or whatever it's just, after the c&d everyone thought the game was dead...

Tl;dr: I want to talk some drama but I'm not that good at it
>>
>>29402863
Start a rumor a CD caused people to commit suicide?
>>
>>29403804
Did you know the date Michael Morones tried to hang himself was just a week after TFH was unveiled? Just saying.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1006x750px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1006x750px
>>29402863
>Now they made the tribute edition and stuff.

Tribute edition is nice but it lacks a lot of the animation polish the original's had.
It fixes a lot of stuff wrong with the original (infinites, juggling,...) but it adds half-baked RD and FS on top of it.
>>
>>29399999
>>29400000

Don't thank me for the bump
>>
>>29403942
Maybe we can spin it to make Hasbro look bad.
>>
>>29404060
Hasbro doesn't really need any help making themselves look bad.
>>
>>29404000
I think they fixed some of that stuff.
Also, they added trixie a few months ago
>>
boop
>>
>>29405059
lewd
>>
bump in case something was left off
>>
page
>>
>>29406871
Why keep bumping when there isn't even an upcoming stream?
>>
>>29406947
I'm hoping something happens.
>>
>>29382515
>not pony
fuck it. I'm not playing as a cow.
>>
File: tumblr_nvf088D2qw1r0eiszo1_500.png (183KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvf088D2qw1r0eiszo1_500.png
183KB, 500x563px
>>29406947

Also no weekly updates IIRC, but those seem to come at very irregular times.
>>
File: leedin.png (37KB, 1285x239px) Image search: [Google]
leedin.png
37KB, 1285x239px
>>29407061
>Also no weekly updates IIRC, but those seem to come at very irregular times.

that's probably because they have nothing physically to show, instead focusing on the internal aspects of the game (coding, scripts, etc.)
>>
>>29407648
At this point all we can do is be all "Take our energy!" and hope for the best.

These guys deserve to make it through.
>>
File: nappy.png (82KB, 1299x463px) Image search: [Google]
nappy.png
82KB, 1299x463px
>>29407860
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (481KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
481KB, 141x141px
>>29408935
>Distance based magic regen has been axed
fucking yes!
>>
final bump from this anon.
>>
How do you pronounce Tianhuo?
>>
>>29411040
teeyanhwhah but with a bad chinese accent
>>
>>29411100
Ti like tea, an like an, and huo like huo to a better example, watch GTA4. a hispanic guy explains that his name Javier is pronounced like Havier
>>
>>29411040
>>29411100
>>29411393
From what I understand, it could be a transliteration of a couple of different chinese pronounciations and even the devs seem a little unsure about how exactly it is to be pronounced. Tian sounds like you'd think it would, tea-yan or tea-yen, but the last part, sometimes it sounds like "how", sometimes it's more like a low "ho", sometimes it goes up towards the end and almost sounds like "hoah".

Guess in the end it depends on what the devs want it to sound like and what the voice actors make of it.
>>
wheres the deers?
>>
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/02/awful-week-for-fighting-is-magic.html
>>
File: sunshyne rain dears.jpg (410KB, 821x1062px) Image search: [Google]
sunshyne rain dears.jpg
410KB, 821x1062px
>>29412610
here.
>>
File: K's hunting field.png (185KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
K's hunting field.png
185KB, 1280x1024px
>>29412610
here /k/, chill
>>
File: shiggy.png (30KB, 112x171px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.png
30KB, 112x171px
>>29412615
was there ever any doubt that this would happen?
>>
>>29412615
>>29412793
this is bullshit
now working with the FiM code is just passing a C&D bomb around? what the fuck?
what's the issue with wanting to see pones beating the hell out of each other a la SF?
also, the kid looks high AF
>>
>>29412808
>what's the issue with wanting to see pones beating the hell out of each other a la SF?

you mean using property you don't own for your own game and never even once asking permission?

Let me ask you, why is it so important that it be the cast of fim that fights? TFH uses expies of the fim cast. what is the problem?
>>
>>29412964
there's a reason why a fan project is called FAN project
you make something because you are a fan of that something.
i understand that big houses want to protect their property, but they shouldn't shut down great ideas people put heart and soul to make it a reality
>>
>>29413001
>they shouldn't shut down great ideas people put heart and soul to make it a reality

and Mane6's project, which was salvaged from the "fan game" doesn't have heart and soul?

>i understand that big houses want to protect their property
then understand that hasbro is well within their rights to shut down infringing parties. I'm not happy with the C&D either, but i can at least understand the reasoning.
>>
>>29413208
it has
what i'm saying is companies should stop sending C&Ds when you wasted 2 or 3 years of your life to make something amazing
it's like suddenly the big man crush into your house, punches you, and goes away flipping you off
you just dont do that
>>
>>29413263
if they did that then all you would have to do is keep silent and work on a fan project for X number of years before releasing details and no one can touch you. that's not right either.
>>
>>29413368
not most of fan projects die because of dead hype? you can work something for all eternity, but if no one cares it's like you never anything either
>>
File: 1445879397388.png (2MB, 990x536px) Image search: [Google]
1445879397388.png
2MB, 990x536px
>>29412615
Oh wow! The thing that got C&D'd before got C&D'd again! What a shocker!

But please, keep asking ManeSix to put ponies on their game.
>>
File: huh.jpg (45KB, 387x337px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
45KB, 387x337px
>>29413397
>not most of fan projects die because of dead hype?
>>
>>29413580
dead hype
you know? when people promise to do something, but they don't talk or take too long that people just forgets about it
there's no one asking for the project, so it's hype is technically dead. ergo, dead hype
>>
>>29413629
doesn't stop it from being an infringing project.
>>
>>29412615

Who give a fuck when something better already exist?
>>
>>29412615
When M6 got the C&D everyone was like, woah these guys are wussies, why don't they just release it anyway, row row fight the powah I wouldn't give a fuck about angry letters from Hasbro I'm behind a thousand proxies... just move to china or don't give them a name and yadda yadda... and now you're telling me one of those "revival" projects has been shut down, and the guy cries into the camera about how he doesn't want to take any risks continuing? Wasn't there some way to... not have that happen, after the first time around? For me it's real hard to have sympathy here. Either get yourself lawyer-proof one way or another or don't spend years working on that when you should really expect them to take legal action by now...

But also I've got to say, man, Hasbro really sucks some major dick. I know there is Tribute Edition and Premium Edition, but MEGA? I mean I faintly recall hearing the name before but that's about it. Is their legal team bored out of their mind or what that they screen every tiny fandom activity like that and send them letters, I don't want to sound like a dick but I don't think people even really gave much of a fuck about this. I don't give a fuck if Hasbro totally has to protect their brand to be save from legal action themselves or whatever, there's just no excuse, with the slightest bit of good will you can turn a blind eye for a project of this marginal magnitude.

Also, I am really sad to hear that the guy going by Rainbow Crash working on Premium Edition has passed away today. I don't know why I'm posting my condolences here of all places, but when the FiMg leak was a thing we used to play a whole lot. Strong player and chill guy. Shitty day.
>>
File: i no longer care rage.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
i no longer care rage.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>29382515
>>29413580

by the time this thing is released mlp will be dead and nobody will care for a wannabe mlp fighting game with please no sue skins.
>>
File: -k-.png (286KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
-k-.png
286KB, 500x493px
>>29412655
That's cute.
>>
>>29413897
>by the time this thing is released mlp will be dead and nobody will care for a wannabe mlp fighting game

so mlp will be dead in 3 months?
>>
>>29412615
So, where's the source files for their version?

They DID publish and widely distribute the source files, didn't they?

Because surely, nobody working on an updated version of FIM would be so stupid as to make the same mistake the original FIM devs did... right?
>>
File: smug.png (29KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
29KB, 170x170px
>>29414043

Can't wait.
>>
>>29414426
i want to know as well
>>
You guys need to understand that if you don't enforce your trademark, you're at risk of losing it. You're legally obligated to hunt down copyright infringements

t. Someone who spoke to a lawfag about a similar issue
>>
File: ready.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
ready.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>29415231
>if you don't enforce your trademark
>legally obligated hunt down copyright infringements
>trademark=copyright
>>
>>29415304
At least he's on the right track. Better than most people, who as far as I can tell assume Hasbro sends out C&Ds because they hate fun.
>>
>>29415338
understandable but to conflate the two is absurd. if the game is infringing on the trademark of MLP then yes, hasbro has to act. The characters of mlp, however, are copyrighted, not trademarked. Hasbro doesn't risk losing the copyright
>>
File: tess.png (127KB, 920x979px) Image search: [Google]
tess.png
127KB, 920x979px
>>29415370
>understandable but to conflate the two is absurd
Just means he's ignorant on some of the details. Less ignorant than most, though, given he at least got the main idea right.

>The characters of mlp, however, are copyrighted, not trademarked.
The characters' names are, in fact, trademarked.
>>
>>29415418
ok. i was wrong. i knew they were copyrighted, not trademarked.

that's weird though, trademarks are a recognizable sign, design, or expression which identifies products or services of a particular source. What product/service to the names of fictional characters represent?
>>
File: product.png (1MB, 1220x1034px) Image search: [Google]
product.png
1MB, 1220x1034px
>>29415523
>What product
>>
>>29415590
that's MLP though, not Applejack/etc.
>>
File: Cloudsdale-set-2.jpg (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cloudsdale-set-2.jpg
87KB, 600x600px
>>29415788
The fuck are you talking about? Every pony toy I've ever seen tells you what character the toy is supposed to be. So yes, if you buy an Applejack toy, that product will in fact be identified using the APPLEJACK® trademark.
>>
So who you going to main and why?
>>
>>29415523
Mere names cannot be copyrighted. Copyrights protect expressions. However, names + personality can be protected as a character copyright.

As for your question, just because trademarks are registered, that does not make them valid per se. (A presumption of validity exists though.)

>>29415986
Identification of the product is not what a trademark is supposed to be. A trademark marks the source of the good.
>>
>>29417442

Velvet because smug anime deer.

Tho it's a very small roster so playing everyone at my punchbag level shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>29417442
Cow. Might do unicorn too since I mailed twilight before
>>
>>29417442
no idea, floof alpaca and maybe deer?
>>
>>29417442
Probably Pom. Because "she is hard to master but has a lot of potential" really just means "she is broken af if you spend a tiny bit of time" and I'm not gonna lie I'm a dirty tierwhore and blatantly pick who I feel is the strongest character.

Smugdeer speaks to me both because of her looks and her moveset but all I've seen so far makes her look like she's ass. At the end of the day I'll probably dabble with all of them except Paprika because fuck charge characters

>>29418474
I too mailed twilight before. When this one guy paid 20 bucks for me to mail him that one promo princess twilight tcg card
>>
>>
>>29420312
i wonder if predators will be playable characters
that would be awesome
>>
>>29420438
They said no, in the sense that, the ones they're doing right now are just punching bags they whipped up in a jiffy, with a very limited moveset, to pad out the single player story mode. They said having post launch DLC characters which are predators is not completely out of the question, but there are too many ideas for ungulate characters to get out of the way first until that becomes a thing to talk about.

However, those single player mobs they've been working on, they look like they're putting in quite a bit of effort for those. Maybe we get a Fukua / Robofortune situation where they ultimately decide it's worth it to use those sprites and ideas to make it a proper character after all.
>>
File: nappy1.png (38KB, 1260x286px) Image search: [Google]
nappy1.png
38KB, 1260x286px
>>
>>29420631
Sounds like they're getting the base game close to a reasonably finished state

Beta soon?
>>
>>29420665
i'll give it 2 months
if everything goes well, they'll meet the endline
>>
File: plebs.png (55KB, 195x200px) Image search: [Google]
plebs.png
55KB, 195x200px
>>29420938

Beta was always supposed to come close to the release date anyway.

I'm probably going to test controls in training mode and then just jump right in to see if my crap internet can handle the game.
>>
>>29421653
talking about beta, what about beta testers?
we had some word about those guys?
>>
>>29421703
the testers are the backers of a certain tier
>>
>>29421703
Anyone that backed for $40 or more gets beta access
Presumably someone will leak the build, although it would probably wouldn't be able to access official servers or whatever
>>
>>29421925
Fair enough
I just hope we get to test it and spread the fun
>>
>>29411449
I believe "huo" would be pronounced similar to "hwoah", with the end clipped to sound more similar to "hwu-".

I have never studied Chink, but I do have an ear for language, for whatever that is worth.

"Tian" is one syllable. "huo" is another.
>>
Anyone got beta access and doesn't really care anymore and is willing to sell it?
>>
File: snake.webm (182KB, 750x426px) Image search: [Google]
snake.webm
182KB, 750x426px
I don't know how to .gif so i'm trying to .webm
>>
File: Pom.png (740KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pom.png
740KB, 1920x1080px
>>29417442
Pom, Mainly because she gets the least attention imo.
>>
File: VSPaprika.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VSPaprika.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>29423104
My mains will be These lovely ladies.
>>
File: VSTianhuo.png (956KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
VSTianhuo.png
956KB, 1366x768px
>>29423104
Pom looks too fuckin hard for me, man
I'm going to spam projectiles as not-Twilight and mash buttons as not-Dash
>>
>>29417442
No idea.
probably noone because Im gonna be unable to play the game on my potato
>>
>>29420592
Even so, being able to control even such underpowered mob would be neat.
Maybe leave it as an unlock for beating storymode or unlock them in some secret manner.
Not a big thing, but I have a hard-on for being able to control enemy characters in games.
>>
>>29423041
>"..... what a thrill....."
>>
>>29423799
Think she'll be hard to play?

I love the idea of rushdown airdashers but I've yet to actually ever learn one.
>>
>>29424555
nah
i mean, for tose who prefer to be close to the enemy maybe, but she looks like a choice when you want to keep your enemies as far away as you can
>>
>>29382526
>can /mlp/ do a shoryuken?
>not doing a grand upper
>>
File: 1472727246023.jpg (122KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472727246023.jpg
122KB, 1200x900px
>>29425062
>Not performing a 100 shiki: oniyaki
>>
bump in case something was left off
man, this thread felt like one of the stream threads
>>
File: milk.png (297KB, 640x757px) Image search: [Google]
milk.png
297KB, 640x757px
>>
>>29426719
In the sense that it really should have died twice over but there's like 3 people who adamantly keep bumping it, huh
>>
>>29420312
was this web from a very recent stream? The Predator looks better defined than it has in the past.
>>
>>29428718
It ain't me
>>
>>29428873
Posted in the backer forum the other day. I want to say it's a new predator altogether, first one was a wolf, now we got a panther looking thing.
>>
>>29429462
A few streams ago, I asked the dev team if they were going to have more Predators and they said "yes," so I guess this is one of the new critters. The animation still looks to be in its rough stages though. I'm glad to see more animals being added to the game.
>>
File: tumblr filename.png (497KB, 824x824px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr filename.png
497KB, 824x824px
>>29429494
I'm more amuzed at how it looks like a feline predator can't jump for shit.

But that might be me failing at biology.
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.