[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heart of War: Thread 12- *insert title pun here*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 13

File: Armored Flurry.png (1B, 486x500px)
Armored Flurry.png
1B, 486x500px
Dead Thread:
>>29162288

Original prompt:
>"Captain Anon. Would you like to accompany me to the war room?"
258,000 words later:

Pastebins:
Prologue: http://pastebin.com/cdi26t7W
Act I: http://pastebin.com/f0SDaDcx
Act II: http://pastebin.com/nwmz5VLj
Act III: http://pastebin.com/Pt6gamRU
Act IV: http://pastebin.com/v0PM4m8b
Act V: http://pastebin.com/7acdy1Cn
Act VI: http://pastebin.com/rQQFmsR7
Act VII: http://pastebin.com/iiR3pTUL
Act VIII: http://pastebin.com/waQZwTEV
Act IX: http://pastebin.com/mfyytvay\
Act X: http://pastebin.com/WEGAUBkw
Act XI (current): http://pastebin.com/zi5gcKTQ

Heart of War spinoffs by LukeDaDuke:
http://pastebin.com/BWhVwcgx
http://pastebin.com/ipu9MwSf
>>
>>29364291

>”Well Anon, it’s actually quite simple. You’ve been in these waters for quite some time, and you still haven’t even encountered a measly little sea serpent.”
“We’re only just approaching this Lake of Tartarus, I’m sure that the chances aren’t that bad.”
>”I don’t mean the Lake of Tartarus, I mean in general.”
“Explain.”
>You simply state to the human form Discord.
>”While the Lake is a convergence point, sea monsters roam far beyond this little stretch of ocean. In the past couple of weeks, you should have at least seen one of them.”
“Maybe they just instinctually know to avoid me.”
>”If I’m being completely serious, you should as well.”
“So we’ve been lucky, I don’t see the issue.”
>Discord looks to the file you were reading.
>”Another ship’s report of a voyage east?”
“You see everything I see; you know that’s what it is.”
>”And how early on did that ship encounter a sea beastie?”
“Within the first week of reaching more unexplored waters. They were part of a small flotilla of four ships, a kraken attacked and they were forced to leave a ship behind and escape while the creature destroyed it.”
>”Most of the similar reports have at least two sea monster encounters. And I’d guess that at least half of the ships that never returned were lost due to the same reason.”
“And this voyage still has quite a way to go.”
>”Fine, I’ll be fair, it is possible… But it is extremely improbable.”
“How improbable is improbable?”
>”A hundred or so to one.”
“Alright. Then assuming it isn’t coincidence, why haven’t we encountered anything?”
>”I don’t know… and believe it when I say that worries me.”
>>
>>29376359
>…
“MOVE MOVE MOVE! Back into the clouds! Archers give cover!”
>You’ve held out as long as you can; now it’s time to make a hasty retreat.
>But your men have prepared a nice not-so-little going away present to leave the Saddle Arabians with.
>As the first of the infantry start to take off, arrows fly through the air.
>From both sides.
>The enemy has managed to bring forward bows and crossbows in a decent number.
>Thankfully they don’t have the sheer mass to fully pelt the sky with arrows.
>One or two of them get lucky hits on the retreating pegasi, but for the most part once they’re in the air, they don’t have anything to worry about.
“FASTER YOU WHELPS! USE THOSE WINGS!”
>You look to the pegasi who have been gathering the gunpowder kegs.
>That’s… a lot.
>There must be at least two or three thousand pounds of powder waiting to go up.
“How long’s the fuse?”
>A soldier responds:
>”Ten seconds!”
>You glance back at the hordes of approaching Saddle Arabians.
>Only a few pegasi aren’t in the air, but they’re in the process of taking of.
“LIGHT IT UP!”
>The soldier light’s a match and light’s the fuse that he stuck into one of the barrels.
>As his wings start to move, so do yours.
>Then you fly.
>Ten seconds isn’t a lot of time, so you fly like you’ve never flew before.
>You need to focus on speed, so you didn’t have time to look back at the explosion.
>But you felt it.
>And boy did you can hear it.
>Despite the ringing in your ears, you don’t think you’ve been injured from the blast.
>A quick glance back lets you see the blast zone.
>It’s hard to see through the smoke, but you can gauge the status of the mortars.
>Most of the guns are damaged beyond repair, and they’d have to spend a good deal of time getting those that aren’t back in working shape.
>So you look back to the sky as you fly upwards towards the clouds.
>There’s still a battle to fight, and now you need a new course of action.
>>
Welcome to the first thread of the new year people.

I'll be back to write later this evening
>>
>>29376362
>And boy did you can hear it.

Drop the 'can' in that sentence, my bad
>>
>>29376367
This is? Shit son.

By the way, can we all delete our bumps? Just so it makes the thread last longer and keep it a bit cleaner.
>>
Thanks faggot. This story is, and always has been great.

Don't worry Luke, I didn't forget about you
>>
ah, that new thread smell

>bump
>>
More tomorrow, I've got to be up early in the morning
>>29376362
>…
“And you’re sure that they just haven’t died, naturally or otherwise?”
>”A few years ago, I did something of a world tour to see how things have changed over a thousand years, and when I dropped by here, the populations seemed stable.”
“Then where are they all supposed to be?”
>”What part of ‘I don’t know’ is hard for you to comprehend?”
“Well for someone who claims to know much more than I do, your range of knowledge is pretty damn limited.”
>”No need to use harsh language.”
“Go to hell.”
>”Now that sounds like a fun place. Your Dante fellow paints quite the picture.”
“Wait, as in The Inferno? How did you ever even encounter that book?”
>”I’m in your numb skull, numbskull. The information is all there in perfect detail, your primitive grey matter just can’t recall it perfectly. What do you think I do in my spare time?”
“So when you’re not out here talking to me… you’re reading Earth’s literature that I’ve read?”
>”Most of the time I watch television.”
“Any favorites?”
>”I’ve recently binged all of Star Trek.”
“How’d you like Q?”
>”An insufferable, arrogant, over the top man-child with a god complex.”
“Really?”
>You reply flatly.
>”And his voice is just so annoying.”
“You should look in a mirror sometime.”
>”What do you mean by that?”
>He asks in a completely puzzled tone.
“Never mind, that’s not the point. If sea monsters are supposed to be so common, why haven’t we seen any yet?”
>”Everything comes in time to him who knows how to wait?”
“Tolstoy?”
>”It’s become a guilty pleasure of mine.”
“Huh. I always preferred Dostoyevsky.”
>>
>>29377673
>>
We meet again.
>>
>>29378949
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29379126
Hmm really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>29379126
>I find thread
This. It means this.
>>
>>29379807
I see a lot of stuff on 4chan that makes me think.
>>
>>29376478
I always thought the bump still counted even if you delete it. We can get more replies in if we delete our bumps?
>>
>>29381038
I'm pretty sure. I know when I've deleted my bumps it's removed the post from the counter, so yeah we could delete them and then there wouldn't be a whole section of thread consisting of bumps.
obviously people don't have to, but it would help.
>>
>>29380795
DRUMPF BTFO
>>
Hmm. It does work. Interesting...the possibilities are endless!
A whole thread consisting of nothing but green and response replies!
>>
>>29382214
There is one problem though, the post deleting timer thing. you can only delete a few posts before you have to wait awhile. I don't know how long it is, but it should be alright if a few of us are doing it.
>>
>>29383089
>>29382214
Yea but I cant be fucked DESU
>>
>>29383507
Why not Anon?
>>
>>29383931
Cuz too much effort. We only need a new thread like, once a month or some shit like that. Is it even worth DELETing your posts?
>>
>>29383981
>post
>wait about a minute or two
>select post
>delete

Is it really that much anon? Besides, we keep the thread up longer it staves off making a new one.
>>
>>29384001
K, whatever faggot. If everyone else does it then I will too.
>>
>>29383981
I was actually asking why you can't get fucked.
>>
uh...bump
>>
>>29384190
Cuz i Don't take it up the ass like u faggot.
>>
>>29384780
>>
>>29384906
>not taking it in the assignment
What are you gay?
>>
>>29385447
>assignment
Wut?
>>
This whole idea of deleting bumps is nice and all.
It just scares the hell out of me when I see the thread and the last comment was 3 hours earlier.
>>
>>29387631
Yeah, it is a bit spooky sometimes, makes it seem like the board's really dead or something
>>
>bump
Too lazy to delete edition
>>
>>29387928
Sad thing is. In 15 years after FIM ends, it probably will be.
>>
>>29389296
Thanks for that Anon, now I'm sad.

Worst part is, it really will be, I don't see this board or 4chan even still around then.
>>
>>29389455
Sorry ignore the trip, was writefagging before.
>>
>>29388551
>>
More coming soon
>>29377818
>…
>You land back in the Prydwen’s cargo bay.
“Lieutenant, make sure the men rest up and start stocking up on grenades, we’ll be doing bombing runs over the front lines.”
>”Yes Sir.”
“After that they can rest until I get back, there’s something I need to deal with before we take another sortie.”
>”Alright! Listen up ponies…“
>You allow the Lieutenant to do his job as you leave the cargo bay.
>Currently you’re on the opposite side of the ship as the Admiral is, so you waste no time moving through the corridors.
>Periodically, the ship shakes as the main gun or a broadside fires into the army below.
>As you were approaching for landing, you were able to see the field below.
>The Prydwen is firing to break up the enemy formations on the front lines.
>The idea is to make the enemy vanguard have to spread out into a more loose arrangement, so that when the Mushir’s men sally out, they can more easily overrun the enemy forces.
>The attempt is only moderately effective, because while the Prydwen is very well armed, the front is large enough that it cannot project power over the entire line.
>But even then, breaking up the line even in one section might be enough to shatter the entire thing.
>The enemy army has numbers, but lack in every other aspect that counts.
>They’re probably in chaos just trying to keep anypony else from quitting the field.
>When they do break, it’s going to be big.
>Really big.
>>
>>29389455
Tripfag
>>
>>29390325
>…
“Admiral.”
>”Thunder? What are you doing back so soon?”
“We went deep to hit their long range artillery. Stopping back for a resupply.”
>”I was wondering why they were lacking in long range support. One moment.”
>Briairheart turns away from inspecting the battlefield below, and looks at one of the unicorn messengers.
>”Tell the gunners they can begin to fire at will. A spread of fire will work better than concentrated broadsides for now.”
>As the unicorn teleports out with a pop, Brairheart then glances to you.
>”You wouldn’t be here unless you needed something, what is it?”
“Do you see that small ridge over to the ship’s eleven?”
>”Yes, they’ve placed some heavier cannons on it. We’ve exchanged a bit of fire already.”
“Those guns have a pretty decent filed of fire, and concentrated grapeshot could do a lot of damage to my fliers. If the main gun could give us some suppressing fire, it would make a bombing run on it considerably safer.”
>Brairheart looks at the ridge for a moment.
>”Our allies will be moving out soon, you can have the gun for ten minutes. Anything beyond that and you’re on your own.”
“Ten minutes is all I’ll need.”
>You take a final glance at the enemy army from this point of view.
>It astounds you that after two major wars, they can still find the bodies to stack as far as the eye can see.
>>
More tomorrow
>>29390580
filed of fire should be field of fire, fixed in my document.
>>29390580
>…
>Stepping back into the cargo bay, you see some of the soldiers sitting down, getting as much rest as possible.
>It looks like the last of them are lighting slow burning match cords.
>The cords are some of the only fire sources that can endure the speeds pegasi fly at without having to be relit.
>It looks like those who didn’t have any already are now carrying pouches or satchels to hold grenades.
“Alright, listen up because we’re on a tight schedule!”
>Focus is shifted towards you, as the pegasi all turn their heads.
“First thing’s first, we’re going to take out the cannons they’ve filled the ridge with. Stay high and drop bombs, they’ll have gunpowder present so secondary explosions will be on our side. And watch where you fly, the Prydwen will be softening the ridge for our approach.”
>The last thing you need is to have any of the men incinerated by the main gun.
“After that we’ll hang up high for a while. When the Mushir has his men sally out of the city, we’ll start bombing runs on the enemy frontlines. If they can’t form a proper defense, then our allies will roll right over them. And remember to stay high, because our cannons will be aiming at the same targets we are.”
>You then direct your voice to the unicorns that control the cargo bay doors.
“OPEN HER UP!”
>As the doors open up, the sounds of battle can be more easily heard below as cannons from each side pummel the other.
“Call, Baron, on me. Let’s move.”
>Lieutenant Baron then yells to the men:
>”YOU HEARD THE MAJOR, ON YOUR HOOVES! I WANT TO SEE THOSE WINGS OUT, NOW!”
>>
Bumperino
>>
File: eb0.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
eb0.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>29376353
Finally had the time to catch up. Looking forward to start following the thread again regularly all the way to the end now. Still love ya Thing.
>>
RIP
>>
>10
>>
Mushir heavy cavalry bump...would it still be called cavalry or just heavy infantry?
>>
>>29395711
I've been using infantry, because cavalry are mounted soldiers- if the soldier isn't riding on anything then it isn't cavalry.

Also that's the first time I've seen that image, but it's pretty accurate to what I envisioned.
>>
>>29376353
Could I get a brief summary so I know what I'm getting into? I don't want to read 200k words and find out I don't like like the story.
>>
>>29396525
Anon has been in Equestria for almost 26 years. In that time he revolutionized military tactics and rose to command all of the Equestrian military, only to be demoted and exiled alongside Flurry, who became his 'niece' after Shining went MIA, Twilight went mission searching for her brother, and Cadence became stricken by grief of loosing her husband. (This was started before the season premier, so some show dependencies might pop up but I tried to justify them in later bits)

The story starts with Anon and Flurry exiled in Appleoosa, dealing with day to day life, but that quickly changes. Soon after, there's a war, so he comes out of forced retirement, however not every threat is on the battlefield. And Anon finds out that there is one last mission he needs to undertake, even if he doesn't come back alive from it.

There are three main Point of View characters:
Middle-aged Anon deals with leading armies and dealing with decades of death on his mind.

Young adult Flurry tries to live up to her 'Uncle's' legacy and find her own role in the world

And Thunder (pegasus OC) is the everyman soldier who got into a situation way above his pay grade.

Genres that have been touched upon(off the top of my head): everyday life, political thriller, action, war story, romance (non-lewd, in the context of war story), dream sequences, more war story, spy thriller, 'grand quest' style action-adventure, more war story, some hints of a 'buddy cop' style relationship or two, and more political and espionage arcs are upcoming.

Sorry if any of this wasn't cohesive, it's a lot of stuff to quickly sum up
>>
>>29396525
And read LukeDaDukes side stories to because they tie in with the main story really well...especially 'Making a Mercenary', but don't start any untill after the first act of the main story.
>>
>>29390712
>…
>Flying over the filed, you lead the column of pegasi forward.
>The sheer mass of Saddle Arabians below is still astonishing when you look at it.
>You’re leading a force of just over two hundred.
>It’s almost as if you’re a mosquito attempting to kill a minotaur.
>The battle below isn’t yours to win, but you can disadvantage the enemy.
>To keep with the comparison, you can go for the eye of the minotaur.
>And hope that the allied Saddle Arabians can take advantage of the opening you’re giving them.
>On the approach to the small ridge, your airship begins to lay down suppressing fire with the main gun- sending periodic pale blue beams of magical energy down to the artillery encampments nestled among the rocks.
>The main gun might be able to kill an adult dragon with a single well placed hit, but against a dispersed target it only properly affects a single target at a given time.
>Glancing over your shoulder, you see the men flying in the tight column behind you.
>Lifting your front right hoof up to the side of your head, you move it downwards and then back up in a wide U shape.
>Men fly ahead wide to your left, and wide to your right, moving towards the respective edges of the ridge.
>The next pegasi who fly past don’t go quite as far to the left or right.
>The symbol you made indicates a parabolic attack pattern, and you watch as the column overtakes you, shifting into a wide row.
>When the last fliers pass you, you start flying again- heading towards the center of the ridge.
>The advancing line then continues to fly high, a few hundred feet above the ridge’s apex.
>>
More tomorrow
>>29396994
>Several guns below light up, as they fire upwards towards the advancing air forces.
>A small ding against your armor tells you that they fired grapeshot, but should have waited.
>From this far away, the shot will have dispersed and lost most of its lethal velocity.
>When your men get close enough to the ridge that the cannons can’t angle up enough to hit the fliers, the dive starts.
>To your right and left, the pegasi prepare grenades to be lit.
>When the distance to the ground has been halved, they bring the fuses up to the slow-burning match cords they prepared, lighting the payload.
>Fifty or so feet from the ridge, the bombs are released, raining down onto the guns below.
>With the bombs away, you then stabilize your pitch, leveling out with the ground.
>Then you increase pitch even further, to gain altitude.
>The pegasi strike force will be doing similar, getting as far away from the ground as possible in case any archers on the ground try to fire en mass.
>Watching the ground, you see explosions pepper the ridge.
>In a few cases the explosions are much larger than a grenade or two alone could do, indicating that gunpowder barrels went up in secondary explosions.
>It’s hard to tell exact numbers, but at least half of the guns should be out of commission.
>More than you could have hoped for.
>When you get back to a few hundred feet in the air, the pegasi fall back into a tight column, and you lead them back towards the airspace over the city.
>Once the Mushir’s men sally out, they’ll need the close air support.
>>
>>29396751
Wait, why were they exiled? I am confuse
>>
>>29397251
A mix of distrust and political coruption. I believe.
>>
>>29396999
hail trips
>>29356426
>Your mind spins with a blur.
>Random memories flow past your vision.
>All obscure yet clear at the same time.
>All ending in a moment yet still feel as if you were there experiencing everything.
>All senses mesh into one, but all still distinct.
>Living an entire life in a second.
>Through this flurry of sensations, one memory sticks out.
>It appears you are in some type of tent or yurt.
>You are tied down to a plank of wood.
>The binding dig into your hooves with every struggle.
>A fire pit burns dangerously high directly in front of you with an empty pot sitting in the center.
>The embers slightly singe your belly.
>An igil is being played somewhere along with a low drumming.
>It gets increasingly louder until five figures walk through the tarp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Scua0sK1w
>One wears nothing but is carrying herbs and a leather canteen.
>The other four however are wearing tarps concealing their entire bodies.
>Bones from all different walks of life cover the tarp making an unknown skeleton creature.
>Each yak's skeleton has different skulls.
>While the four begin to chant in their native tongue the remaining one steps forward.
>"We begin the cleansing."
>Taking the canteen he pours the herbs and water into the pot.
>An unknown aroma fills the enclosed yurt.
>Your vision becomes wavy, almost as if life switched into slow motion.
>"Since you came to us as a pony, that is what you shall remain."
>The chanting and drums seems to get louder as the center one dances about in short steps occasionally flailing his fore-hooves.
>Smoke is filling your lungs.
>The smell is terrible, but also addicting.
>Your brain simultaneously revolted yet craved it.
>As the pot begins to boil the center yak quickly lifts it from the fire.
>And proceeds to splash the entire pot over you.
>>
>>29398004
this is starting to make sense to me now
>>
>>29396751
Shit I cant even remember that far back, fuck it's been so long. I still can't believe how long this story is.
>>
>>29398517
Bum
>>
>>29399247
>>
>>29399801
>>
>>29400659
>>
>9
>>
>>29402709
>>
been drinking with friends,back to write tomorrow in afternoon
>>
>>29403423
cool
>>
>10
>>
>>29404910
9bump
>>
>>29405880
>>
>>29404910
my only friend
>>
>>29407099
darkness?
>>
>>29407587
I've come to talk to you again
>>
>>29396999
>…
>As you get out of the small bed, your right wing feels fuzzy.
>Yup, it’s still asleep.
>You start stretching it out to help blood flow.
>Still better than having a leg asleep…
>Running a hoof through your naturally curled mane, you make sure that the bed didn’t ruin your hair as well.
>You then glance out the window to watch as you pass rapidly through the countryside.
>The train must be going at least sixty miles per hour.
>Oh the joys of infrastructure.
>Well, you’ve still got quite a journey head of you, so you should check in with Offense or the Sage.
>Stepping out of the small room, you glance up and down the hallway.
>Empty.
>Deciding to check closer to the train’s engine, you start walking down it.
>At the end of the hallway, you open the doors up and head to the next car.
>Booths line the left side of the car, and some tables are on the right.
>At the far side of the room is a small bar that the minotaurs are enjoying.
>You catch a glimpse of Offense at one of the tables; he’s sitting across from the old minotaur.
>As you approach, you pick up the story that the Sage was telling Offense:
>”But he had overslept from drinking the previous night. Ah.”
>The Sage stops and acknowledges you.
>”Greetings Arbitrator.”
>Offense looks like he was quite engrossed in the story, but shifts his focus to address you:
>”Your Highness.”
>>
>>29409627
>You look over to the Sage.
“Don’t stop on my account.”
>You say as you sit in one of the open chairs around the table.
>“When he entered the forest on the hunt, he found that all the other competitors had been turned to stone- having failed to defeat the cockatrice. However, the beast was tired from the repeated attacks on its nest, and was slain in its sleep. And that is how nineteen generations ago, Copper Vigilance ‘The Late’ became Archon of my people.”
>”So he got to lead your people because he was drunk the previous night?”
>Sounds like a solid system of governance.
>”The gods work in mysterious ways.”
>”To be fair, I’ve gone up against a cockatrice before. If I had to do it again, I’m sure I wouldn’t be sober the night before.”
>”And how was that hunt? Did the creature prove difficult to track?”
>”Well… I wasn’t the tracker.”
>”What role did you play then?”
>Offense mumbles something.
>And the Sage then responds:
>”I’m old, not deaf. Speak clearly.”
>”It’s not important really…”
“I insist Brigadier.”
>Offense scratches the back of his neck with his hoof.
>”Well the Field Marshal and I went out to the outskirts of Las Pegasus… And, well…”
>He redirects his vision away from you and the minotaur.
>As he stares out the window, he finishes the statement.
>”Anonymous insisted that I be the… bait.”
>The Sage begins laughing heavily, so heavily that it is interrupted with a few coughs.
>And you couldn’t help from giggling.
>Offense immediately springs to his own defense.
>”We went a whole week without being able to pick up the trail! What else could we do?”
>>
>>29397251
This guy >>29397327 is right.

Celestia was (rightfully) afraid that if Anon tired, she would get BTFO by him. And the parasite made those fears properly come out
>>
>>29409630
>…
>What Discord has told you is disconcerting.
>But you can’t really do anything about it.
>You’d take the straight fight any day, it’s much better than all of these vague threats looming over you.
>As you step out onto the main deck, you see a pegasus that’s missing his back left leg hobble past you.
“What are you doing out of the crow’s nest Three-Leg?”
>”Don’t you start with that too. First it’s from the Captain, then from Port, now you. So I-“
>He hiccups; and you get a whiff of alcohol on his breath.
>”-Took a leak, what’s it to ya?”
“Whoa there buddy, I’m just asking.”
>He staggers slightly before shaking his head and readjusting his focus.
>”Yeah, you better… so what’d ya want?”
“Well I’d ask if you’ve seen anything on the horizon lately, but right now I’m unsure if you even can remember what the horizon is.”
>”Don’t you dare insult my cohesion. I’ll have you know that-“
>He hiccups again.
>”-There is absolutely nothing on the horizon.”
“Well, you should probably get up there.”
>He grumbles something completely unintelligible before flapping his wings and flying (in a very sporadic flight pattern) back up to the crow’s nest.
>>
More tomorrow
>>29409961
>You stand there a moment in thought.
>Because, as much as it pains you to admit, Discord might… be right.
>For weeks you’ve been in the part of the map that reads ‘here be monsters’.
>You should probably bring that up to Tiara.
>Without mentioning that Discord brought the idea to your attention, of course.
>As you take a step towards the poop deck, where Tiara is at the wheel, a voice yells out from above:
>”CAPTAIN! There’s somethin’ on the horizon!”
>So much for there being ‘absolutely nothing’ out there.
>”What do you see up there Three-Leg?”
>She calls back in return.
>”I can’t tell but it’s big.”
>With that you begin sprinting to the bow of the ship.
>You have to weave in and out around a few crewmen, but you soon step up to view the horizon.
>And sure enough, in the distance you can see a mass sticking out of the water.
>It’s much too far off to properly distinguish what it is, but you know for certain that it isn’t a ship, and it probably isn’t land.
>”Well.”
>You glance to your left, to see Discord looking off the bow as well.
>”At least things are getting interesting.”
>>
>>29409223
I'm a bit busy to talk, can I call you back in an hour?
>>
>>29411297
>>
>>
>>29413226
>>
Football bump
>>
>>29414324
>>
>>29414987
Damn that was a hell of a come back.

I'll be writing in a couple hours
>>
>>29415845
>>
>>29416136
I don't want to talk about it.
>>
need to be up early, more tomorrow
>>29417078
I'm not particularly a fan of either team, I just enjoyed the comeback and first overtime in a Superbowl. It must suck to be an actual Falcons fan though, good luck next season buddy
>>29409963
>…
>You’re currently hovering high over the city with the rest of the air wing, giving orders to the men.
“Once our allies open the gates, we’ll fly ahead. I want a dispersed flight pattern, try and cover as much ground as possible. We don’t have the numbers to break the enemy, so we just need to cast as wide a bombing net as possible- the more of them that are reeling from nearby explosions, the better.”
>Glancing to the city below, you see that the cannons on the walls are all silent.
>For now at least.
>In the streets leading up to the gates and breeches in the wall, infantry are lining up en masse.
“They have numbers on their side, but the majority of their so-called soldiers are the young, old, or otherwise weak. The Mushir commands the proper soldiers, and our air presence has shifted where morale lies. All we have to do is make one individual flee the battlefield. When that happens, a good portion of the army will follow. And when a large chunk or even the majority of their force has lost cohesion, their entire army will be in complete chaos.”
>The battlefield is becoming quieter.
>Both sides know that the charge will be coming soon.
“But I don’t want us to get bogged down in heavy fighting. Once you’ve dropped the grenades you’ve got left, regroup up in the clouds. Be careful down there; watch out for archers and the lighter artillery they’ve got down there. Stay mobile, and we’ll all get out of this unscathed.”
>Far below your position, you hear a solitary horn being blown.
>A shrill series of blasts in quick repetition.
>Barely a moment after the first horn finishes, dozens more- possibly hundreds- begin to fill the air with high pitched reverberations.
>This is it…
>>
>>29414987
The joy of witnessing history, then dealing you are on the wrong side of history.
>>
>>29418423
>>
>>29419040
>>
>>29398004
>Surprisingly it doesn't burn.
>The immense heat blankets your body while the water seems to instantly be absorbed into your skin.
>It's almost relaxing even.
>The yak lifts the pot closer to your nostrils and you smell the intense aroma of the residue.
>Delicious.
>The warmness over your body grows and you begin to notice a familiar shade of orange begin to spread across your body.
>"Take him back to where he came, the remedy will blind his true senses. Everything else will fall to place with time."
>As things begin to get blurry you feel the bindings on your hooves loosen.
>Darkness encroaches on you as you feel the freezing air from the outside.
>...
>This is different.
>Normally when the darkness came you would be awoken and 'Dr. Mengele' would be sitting idly at your side.
>All around you is blackness, there's not a single visible thing in this void except for you.
>Trying to get your bearings you feel a presence.
>You don't want to continue but some force compels you to move forward.
>Every step you take resonates an unnerving echo.
>Louder and louder your hoofsteps resonates out to nothing.
>And with each march forward that unknown presence makes itself ever more apparent.
>You break into a sprint running aimlessly through the dark.
>The faster you go you get the sensation that you are about to be swallowed up.
>Faster and faster you go, colder and colder you feel.
>Right as it passes the threshold of your neck you pass immediately into a much welcomed brightened area.
>A dim light shines down in the center.
>There's a figure lying down.
>Glowing chains wrap themselves tightly around it and disappear into the dark.
>Along with the chains, an ancient translucent text hovers above and below him.
>You can tell it's some form of Yakistani due to certain unique letters.
>Taking a step forward the creature turns to face you.
>"Well, well, well. It's about time you came."
"Who are you?"
>"Have you looked in a mirror recently? I'm you."
>>
>>29420890
"W-what?"
>Pushing his body upwards, he lets the chains hang him limply forward.
>He looks to be starved. His rib cage clearly shows through the trunk and his hooves and legs are skinny as can be.
>Burns and bruises cover his entire body.
>Two large scars encircle the joint where his wings connect along with two more across his left side and wing.
>"More specifically you are me."
"That's impossible, I am me! And you, you are just some fabrication from the drug. Once I wake up-"
>"Wrong!"
>He lifts his head to look at you dead in the eye.
>Hatred resonates through his very core.
>"You are NOTHING! You are a diesease that has hijacked my body! You are a plague those Tartarean beasts put inside me to stop the Queens goals!"
>He drops his head and lets his body lay back down on the floor.
>There's a small pool of blood where he lies and an even larger dried pool extending more outwards staining the floor.
"The queens goals?"
>A smile creeps up his lips.
>"Why yes. You can't remember because you weren't there. All these 'trips' you've been taking are all into MY memories. NOT YOURS!"
>His smile turns to a sneer.
>"My team and I were supposed to usurp the Yakistani Khan just like how we did with the Saddle Arabian King. However it didn't go so well."
"I've seen, maybe if you didn't kill off two of your members it wouldn't have gone so bad?"
>"That was the teams goal. I however was given a personal objective."
"Oh?"
>"Once our grip on the Yaks were secure I alone was to travel to the Badlands and awaken the Nether Hive."
"Nether hive?"
>"Before the Queen left for the sands, she laid a whole nest of calcified warrior bugs, specifically bred to be the toughest and fiercest fighting force known to all. I alone was entrusted to awaken them. Then the combined forces of Yaks, Saddle Arabia and the Nether would descend on Equestria!"
>>
>>29421330
"That would never have worked."
>"You never know if you don't try, that hive is still out there, waiting for me."
>His smile creeps back up as he stares back into your eyes.
"Why are you telling me all of this?"
>"Why? Because I know whatever you hear, he hears."
"He?"
>"And now that he knows the location, you will follow to try and stop him, then everything will fall to place just like clockwork."
>He stands himself up and begins shouting at the top of his lungs.
>"I KNOW YOU ARE LISTENING GENCER! AND I HAVE KNOWN THIS ENTIRE TIME IT WAS YOU WHO SET ME UP! SO GO AHEAD AND TRY TO WAKE THEM! BECAUSE IT WON'T MATTER ONCE I TAKE MY BODY BACK AND YOUR NECK WILL BE IN MY HOOVES!"
"What are you-"
>"And don't think I will forget about YOU! I won't let you die out completely! I will put you right where you see me! Then you will feel true pain!"
>As he gives out a maniacal laughter a bright light blinds you and you come back to reality.
>...
>A sharp pain comes from your forehead.
>You feel a bit of blood trickle down the center of your face.
>Gencer is reeling on the floor.
>With his persona dropped he hisses out in pain on the floor in his true changeling form.
>Getting up off the floor he wipes away some blood off his face and lets out a little chuckle.
>"Finally. It will be mine."
>>
>Yay Luke is back!! Bump
>>
>>29417078
Hahahaha. Get shit on buddy! Hahaha
LMAOing at your life.

Better luck next time tho
>>
>>29422194
>>
>>29423173
>>
>>29423784
>>
>>29424405
>>
>>29425215
>>
>>29425936
bump from 10
>>
>>29427043
Sorry for the trip again, tried to delete it.
>>
Working on an essay, updates coming later tonight
>>
>>29427066
>>29427043
tripfag
>>
>>29427676
What is the essay for and what is it about?
>>
>>29428226
It's on the Russian Revolution for a class, centennial and all that. At this point it's less of an essay and more of a general collection of ideas, still got to hammer out exactly where I want to go with it.
>>29417230
>…
>At the sighting, the crew rushed to battle stations.
>Below deck dozens of ponies were heard as they barked orders to prepare the cannons.
>On deck the crew started to arm themselves.
>Racks of spears, swords, and axes were uncovered.
>Tiara orderd the ship to half-mast, preferring mobility over speed.
>You, however, remained on the bow of the ship.
>Watching the dark grey mass that’s floating on the water.
>It’s long and smooth, no jagged edges stick out.
>But it is big in height as well, sticking out maybe ten feet from the water at the apex of the shallow curve.
>At one end it tapers off into the water very smoothly, but at the other it’s more sudden, a steep drop off into the water.
>”Here.”
>You look to your right, to find Port.
>He’s offering you a spyglass.
>You reach out and take the small telescope, opening it up to its length.
“Thanks.”
>Bringing it up to your eye, you focus in on the mass.
>It can’t be.
>It’s much too large.
“I think I know what it is.”
>”And that would be?”
“A whale. A massive one, but a whale. Dead by the looks of it.”
>The top end of it is facing the ship.
>”Should we stand down then? If it is dead, that is.”
“Not until we know what killed it.”
>A third voice then speaks up:
>”Still happy you chose this path, Ahab?”
>You elect to ignore Discord.
>>
More tomorrow
>>29428603
“Come on.”
>You collapse the spyglass and hand it back to Port, then begin making your way to the stern of the ship.
>Due to the increased traffic on deck, this is much harder of a task.
>But for what it’s worth, the crew does give you somewhat of a path as you pass through the crowd.
>Reaching the stairs to the poop deck, you hear Tiara call out to you:
>”What did you see up there?”
>Making your way to the wheel, you respond:
“How large do whales get?”
>”What?”
“How large do whales get?”
>”The largest ones can be a hundred feet, five or take ten.”
“That’s about the same as my world.”
>”I’m assuming that’s what’s on the horizon.”
“Bigger. It’s far off and hard to tell, but I’d guess that one’s a hundred and fifty feet at least.”
>”That’s unprecedented.”
>You point to the mass in the distance.
“There’s you precedence. The good news is that it’s dead.”
>”And the bad?”
“The bad news is that it’s dead.”
>The notion clicks as her expression changes.
>”Then what killed it?”
“I don’t know. But if it’s floating, that means there’s still enough air in its lungs to keep it afloat.”
>”Meaning that it died recently…”
>Port then speaks:
>”And if something large enough to kill a whale of that size is still nearby…”
>And Tiara then speaks to you:
>”I hope you don’t regret the decision.”
“What I’ve dared, I’ve willed; and what I’ve willed, I’ll do.”
>>
>>29428603
Remember to remind them that almost all jews were on Lenin's cabinet of 1917
>>
>>29428611
WHAAAAALE
>>
>10
>>
>>29430181
>>
>>29428937
Oy vey antisemite! Shut this down at once goyim!
>>
>>29430840
>>
>>29431973
>>
>>29433921
>>
Let's play the game:
What killed the whale?

My vote is that it was killed by a pack of great white sharkpones.
>>
>>29436193
Pony Megaladon.
>>
>>29436193
Natural causes
>>29421538
"Nothing will be yours! The war is already lost, you will do nothing but fail!"
>"You misinterpret my intentions. I wouldn't dream of wasting my new hives talent on some suicide mission."
"*Your* new hive?"
>"Yes *my* new hive! I have known Maverick for years and he has been a closed book the entire time. However the one thing I do know about him is his loyalty."
"Loyalty?"
>"To our former Queen. He would rather have them be a martyr in her name rather than use them to their full potential."
"And what would that be?"
>"I envision a new hive, far away from this retched land. Where we can feast upon the love of foreign entities."
"And with you at the head of everything in place of Maverick."
>"Precisely! With me as head there will be no more quarrels."
"Is that it then? You find this hive and then terrorize another lands poor souls?"
>"Not just any ponies souls, the ponies of Transoxabia."
"You don't mean those eastern nomads do you?"
>"Why yes I do. MID agents found out Terskerlane wasn't just a General, but the whole factions leader!"
"This means what exactly?"
>"It means that with him dead the right to rule should go to his eldest son, however their lands are having a pretty hard time finding him."
"Was he killed at Baltimare?"
>He changes into an eastern looking stallion with a long flowing mane.
>In a thick accent he speaks through a crocked smile.
>"Let's just say they will be looking for a long time."
>He changes back.
>"Talks of a war of independence is even in motion. With them disoriented I can easily move in and seize power. And with that power comes the unending love from the masses and the unlimited power from their military! All mine."
"Is this where your loyalty lies? What about the Queen here?"
>"She is a young naive fool if she thinks her little operation here would last. As long as that two-legged behemoth lives we will never be safe."
>>
>>29437723
"All this time. All the tests. I thought you were 'curing me' but you were just using me?"
>"Don't act so surprised. You will never be cured. I will make sure of that."
"Do you really think you will get away with this?"
>"I don't think. I know I will."
"No you won't! I will stop you! If my life has any purpose now it's to stop you from enslaving another group of innocent ponies just so they can be farmed for your nourishment."
>He scoffs at your remark.
>"Really now? You. All tied up and helpless. Is going to stop me?"
"That's right."
>"Well how are you going to do that?"
"You still don't know where that cave is. You need me!"
>He stares at you for a moment then gives out a laugh.
>"That is where you are wrong."
>He tightens the strap around your head even tighter.
>"Once you made contact with Maverick I was able to learn everything. To the location, the hidden door, even the procedure on how to wake them. So no, I don't need you anymore."
>He brings back out the pads and wires.
>"And so this is where your journey ends. Wriggling about in your chair having your brain slowly fry. Seeing you contort the first time was a real treat. Let's see how long you can last this time."
>Taking a look outside there's not a cloud in sight.
>Gencer notices this as well.
>"Oh don't worry, we'll just have to use the stations power. I was told to try to use the outlets sparingly, but since I will be leaving this dump I would say a high electricity bill will be a nice farewell gift."
>Grabbing an adapter from the little drawer he begins to hook everything together.
>He's humming some tune.
>With each pad placed your heartbeat raises.
>This can't be it.
>You have to stop him somehow!
>You furiously try to struggle out of your binds while Gencer simply continues his little song.
>Stepping back he admires his handiwork.
>A smug smile is plastered on his face.
>"Any last words?"
"I'll kill you!"
>"Not the best quote for a tombstone, but not like you will be getting one anyway."
>>
>>29437873
>Turning a dial you could feel the electricity surge through your body.
>Your muscles immediately tighten up at the sensations.
>Gencer stares at you with a hungry smile and you stare right back with hate.
>"That is setting one. This dial can go all the way to fifty. And you are going to experience every single level before we are through."
>As the levels begin to rise your hatred for him rises ten times as much.
>He used you.
>Manipulated you.
>He's a killer.
>A monster.
>If there is a single thing left for you to do before the other monster inside you is unleashed, it's to kill Gencer.
>His smile dissipated back into a straight line.
>You are unsure what setting the dial is on, but his posture shows he's getting inpatient.
>"I'm genuinely surprised, I though you would've passed out by now."
>He sets his hoof on the dial.
>"Let's kick this up a notch. I have places to be. Ponies to control."
>He swings it wide all the way to the right and the sudden jolt flares through your body.
>You scream out in pain as the volts flow through you.
>"Now this is what I'm talking about."
>A sudden banging can be heard from the door.
>"MENGELE! DR. MENGELE WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? OPEN THIS DOOR THIS INSTANT!"
>Gencer reluctantly turns down the dial.
>Not all the way, just enough down to stop you from screaming, but still high enough to keep your jaw clenched.
>He changes his head into the Doctor and calls back out.
>"I told you all to never disturb me during my work! Now leave me be!"
>"OPEN THIS DOOR NOW BEFORE I BREAK IT DOWN!"
>"Break it down then see if I care!"
>He turns back to you in his normal form.
>"Guess our time is up. Good-bye Maverick."
>He swings the dial all the way to the right.
>The jolt seems ten times worse than before.
>"Don't feel bad. You may die, but at least it won't be in vain. It will be for my amusement!"
>As you feel the volts send shock-waves through your heart you feel this might be it.
>>
Anyone else hyped for the new SamJack?
>>29438067
>As you start to loose feeling in your hooves your vision begins to blur.
>Your heart is beating as fast as it possibly can like it's going to explode.
>You pry open your eyes to see Gencer smiling wildly waiting for the climax.
>With the last bit of strength left the force is too much.
>Right before blacking out however a great explosion echoes throughout the facility cutting off the electricity.
>"What in Equestria was that?"
>Saved from death yet again.
>Wearily you regain some of your composure, but you are exhausted.
>Sweat drips from your forehead leaving a salty trail down your face.
>Gencer stares quizzically at the door.
>Did they actually break it down?
>A distant scream rings out.
>Then another.
>Then another a little closer this time.
>Finally a myriad of different cries can be heard along with clashes of metal.
>Banging again comes from the door, this time a little more frantically.
>"MENGELE! MENGELE OPEN THE DOOR P-PLEASE!"
>"Magnible is that you?"
"F-ffriend of yyours?"
>"Queens personal aide-de-camp. Not sure why he's coming to me."
>"I KNOW YOU HAVE SECRET EXITS!"
>"Shouldn't you be with 'Her Highness'?
>"GENCER THIS IS NO TIME FOR GAMES! OPEN THE DOOR!"
>"What's going on out there?"
>"IT'S THE ARMY! THEY BREACHED THE MAIN DOORS!"
>>
>>
>9
>>
>>29428611
>…
>Countless ranks of hooves stop against the ground as they charge, the sound thundering through the air.
>Sporadic cannons fire, occasionally dwarfed by the blast of the Prydwen’s main gun.
>Horns blare to signal orders on either side of the field.
>Individual battle cries merge, forming an amalgamated chorus of inspiration and demoralization.
>Some battles pivot around a key spearhead, where even a single soldier leads a charge that the entire army pours into.
>Where a Field Marshal atop a manticore breaks the strongest vanguard of the enemy.
>But this is not one of those battles.
>Today, on this field, no individual can turn the tide.
>This is a battle of maneuver, where tactical choices and the proper shift and application of force will define the victor.
>Yes, the enemy lacks the proper drive to remain on the field.
>When they do break, they’ll break hard.
>But they will only stay broken if the Mushir’s men keep up momentum.
>If the enemy can regain any proper organization, it can throw the entire charge off balance.
>If that happens, then a counterattack can turn the tables, putting the Mushir’s men on the defense.
>And because so much of their focus is on offense, they’ll be slow to properly mount a defense.
>Then a slow back and forth will begin, only prolonging the battle and inflating the costs of the effort.
>On this field today- over this field- you are but a small part of the struggle.
>>
>>29440726
>One piece of the greater battle.
>Shifting between three states of mind.
>First comes waxing philosophical while preparing for an individual fight, what’s going through your mind right now.
>Then, as that fight comes closer, the subconscious doubts come out, as you think about the lives of your men and fear for your family if you should not survive.
>Finally, pure instinct takes over; there is only the battle and what directly pertains to it.
>And when the individual fight ends but the battle is far from over, the cycle begins anew.
>Looking to the field below, you see the Mushir’s forces sallying out.
>As the charge begins on the ground, it’s time for the charge to begin in the air.
>You look to the pegasi around you.
>They’re all hovering in the air, watching the field below.
>Going through similar thought processes as yours.
>But they know what they need to do.
>They’re some of the best of the best, all volunteers.
>And although fighting in a Saddle Arabian civil war probably wasn’t what they had in mind when they signed up, they are all dedicated to their duty.
“Enough flying around ponies! MOVE OUT!”
>Without skipping a beat, the force springs into action.
>Attention immediately shifts from observation of the battle, to active involvement.
>Hundreds of pegasi begin to descend on the vastly larger force below.
>You wait a moment before flying out yourself.
>Taking one moment to watch as the force widely disperses, preparing to rain down on the enemy.
>>
>>29440332
>>
>>29441098
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>29443871
>>
>>29444888
>>29441966
Checked
>>
>>29444888
>>
>>29447281
>>
Is the ride finally done? Will this movie finally kill it?
>>
Home now, not too buzzed, but tired. I'll write a good amount tomorrow.
>>29450375
Depends on how shit it is. If it's surprisingly decent, then I'd assume that Movie canon content becomes similar to EQG stuff here, maybe less popular maybe more popular. If it's complete shit(Kind of like with the Star Wars extended universe VS the Disney canon), it becomes an occasional meme, but no real content based around it.

If /mlp/ universally hates it, then it will help to drive content that doesn't accept it as canon, especially if movie shit gets ham-fisted into the showIf the show continues after the movie. I know season 7 is confirmed, but I'm not sure if it will come out before, during, or after the movie So, if the show accepts movie canon, /mlp/ will continue to make stories that don't to supply the demand.

(However if fans have a shitstorm over the movie, then I doubt that it will be made canon in the show. Look at the Flash cameos in the show/the reception of the character in general, and how the writers backed off of his character in both the series and EQG.)

But, if the movie is a completely irredeemable pile of shit, so god-awful that it transcends any linguistic ways to truly classify how shit it is, then it could unite the disparate bases on /mlp/. Causing season 1 purists, show only fans, EQG supporters, glimmerfags, shimmerfags, anti-twicorns, pro-twicorns, general shitposters, and pretty much everybody else to unify to usher in a golden age of hating the movie.

Basically, the ride never ends, because as long as /mlp/ has a decent poster base and doesn't become an incredibly slow board, we'll endure as long as 4chan does.

As for this story, if it goes as far as when the movie is due (which it probably will), movie stuff won't be acknowledged because there's too much internal history and lore to add more princesses, queens, species, and so on.
>>
>>29450874
>Wheels within wheels.

2deep4me
>>
>10
>>
>>29450874
I'm looking forward to the movie.

Looking forward to whatever aftermath it spawns as well.
>>
Poke
>>
>>29452362
>>
>>29454876
>>
>>29456187
>>
>>29457011
>>
>>29457832
>>
>>29458415
>25th anniversary bump
Gott I am GLaD I'm only paying half of this.
>>
>>29440731
>…
>”Silver, Gust!”
>Port calls out to a pair of pegasi from the main deck.
>At his word, a pegasi with a silver coat and black mane (Silver presumably), and one of a cyan coat and slightly darker mane (Gust presumably) fly up to the raised deck.
>As they stand at attention, Port continues:
>”Get out there and scout ahead.”
>The Commander paces over to the nearest spear rack, and retrieves a boarding pike.
>With it in hoof, he walks back to the men, and offers the narrow leaf headed weapon to the cyan pegasus.
>”Make sure it’s dead.”
>After the pegasus takes the spear, they both nod to Port with an ‘Aye Sir’ before taking flight.
>As you watch the ponies in flight, as they quickly move away from the ship, you overhear Port and Tiara speak to one another.
>”Ma’am, the cannons have been loaded…”
>But your focus drifts to internal thoughts.
>Ahead of you is a whale that could be at least half the size of the Avalon.
>Unless it breached the water for one last breath before succumbing to old age or sickness, then something killed it.
>And anything large enough to hunt an adult whale…
>Well, it’s enough to make you consider caution.
>You’d rather not spend three days and three nights in the belly of some fish.
>Looking to the fliers, you see them dwarfed by the great grey mass in the water below them.
>>
Nodded off when I just meant to take a quick nap. I'll be writing a bit more tonight.
>>29459740
>From this distance, you can’t pick out much specific movement.
>But, you do see them circle over the whale for a few moments before turning back to the ship.
>As the distant pegasi begin to draw closer, you glance to see Port and Tiara both watching the sky, waiting for the news.
>When they do land, you see that the spear is just as clean as it was when Port gave it to the sailor.
>”Report.”
>Port plainly states in his baritone.
>”Sir, it’s dead.”
>The silver one replies.
>”Are you sure?”
>Port counters.
>”Aye Sir… if the ship is brought around to the far side of the creature, you’ll see why.”
>The sailor’s tone is somewhat distraught.
>”And what is on the far side?”
>”It was… Sir, it’s best if you just see for yourself.”
>Port glances over to Tiara, who nods.
>He then addresses the two pegasi.
>”Return to your duties.”
>As Tiara reaffirms her grip on the wheel, Port approaches the rail to look down to the main deck.
>He then calls out orders to the crew:
>”Remain at the ready!”
>>
>>29459754
>…
>Although explosions fill the air, as cannons from either side fire and grenades are dropped down onto the enemy lines, the only time the thundering of hooves is drowned out is when the main gun fires.
>Endless seas of bodies are charging, it looks like almost every single soldier the Mushir has is being thrown into the battle.
>The sheer amount of ponies on the ground is staggering, a size you haven’t seen since Baltimare.
>Jagir’s forces on the ground are firing everything they have to stop the oncoming charge.
>Any cannons that are still operational are being fired, and countless arrows are sent flying.
>Some of their archers decided to aim high, aiming for the pegasi.
>But the arrows aimed high are too few in number, against a dispersed force that is highly mobile.
>Still though, you notice one of the fliers take a hit and go plummeting into the ground.
>You then feel one ding against your armor as it is deflected away.
>If the shot was a few inches higher, it would have gone into your neck.
>Glancing back to the front line, you look just in time to see the charge hit.
>Tens of thousands of properly armed, armored, and trained infantry cut huge swathes through the defending lines.
>As a whole, momentum is barely lost.
>And in the zones that were still recovering from artillery strikes or bombs from the sky, the allied soldiers spearhead through the weak points.
>With the sides in contact, the sound of metal clanging against metal begins to become the dominant sound coming from below.
>>
Back tomorrow
>>29459820
>Your men continue to rain down explosives onto the enemy, until they have fully exhausted their supply.
>With the bombing run complete, the air wing then starts to gain altitude and tighten up the formation.
>When you get to be many hundreds of feet above the battle, the men stop gaining altitude and begin to congregate.
>You now have time to properly analyze the field without fear of being targeted.
>It looks like the Mushir’s men have been making great progress.
>The enemy flank closest to the coast looks to be completely breaking.
>You can see the Mushir’s fleet close to the coast, firing naval bombardments onto the enemy on that flank.
>The center, directly below you, is going similarly.
>The enemy below looked to be the better equipped of their army; but between artillery and the pegasi, and that the heavy infantry led that charge, it wasn’t enough to stop the momentum.
>Further inland, progress has been made, but at a considerably slower pace.
>Some of the heavier cannons on the ridge are firing once again, softening the charge.
>With the cannons focusing fire on the infantry, a quick strike at the ridge could be worthwhile.
>And if you approach from this vector, the cannons don’t even have a good angle on you.
>”Sir.”
>You glance to your left, as Lieutenant Baron taps your shoulder.
“What?”
>He points towards the Prydwen, where a single pegsus can be seen flying towards your position.
>”Word from the Admiral, I’d guess.”
>He loudly says over the wind and sounds of battle below.
>>
>>29458869
Yay
>>
>9
>>
>>29461143
>>
>9

Damn memeball
T H R E E S T A R S
>>
>>29462748
You have good tastes in threads
>>
>>29450874
>irredeemable pile of shut
You mean anything past season 3
>>
>>29462747
>>
>>29465361
>>
>>29466333
>>
>>29467171
>>
>>29459919
>…
>”Bring her around!”
>Tiara yells as she turns the wheel.
>You’re finally able to see the whale that’s been looming on the horizon.
>It really is massive.
>The tail of the leviathan is under the water, but you’d guess that it’s around a hundred and sixty feet long.
>At a guess, you’d say it’s a sperm whale, or some Equestrian species that is similar in looks to a sperm whale.
>What you can see, is that tears and cuts pepper the dark grey skin of the beast.
>There are some large scars that have healed over time, age old battles with some other great sea beast.
>But every few feet, fresh wounds cover the whale’s body.
>What’s the most interesting to you is the size of the cuts.
>Those scratches, perhaps claw marks, are utterly dwarfed by the size of the whale.
>For comparison, they look like how ant bites would look on your own body.
>As the ship begins to turn around, you can see the face of the dead animal.
>Passing around the long face of the creature, you start to see its open jaw.
>At this point you start to think that it isn’t quite a sperm whale.
>The lower jaw is wider, and the teeth are different.
>You can see two rows of jagged teeth, each one as long as the dagger on your belt.
>Despite the fact that if it were alive, it could swallow you whole and barely notice, you can’t help but feel a slight despair for the creature.
>The way its jaw has limped open and the empty stare you can see in its large eye.
>The beast never- oh Lord.
>>
>>29467824
>You think that this is what the scouts were talking about…
>”By Celestia…”
>You hear Tiara mutter.
>”Bring in the masts!”
>She then yells to the crew, to slow the ship.
>Stepping over to the railing, you lean forward and look closer at the belly of the beast.
>The easiest way to describe it is as a cavern.
>An immense chunk of the whale’s flesh has been carved out of the animal’s underside.
>Like a small cabin has been eaten away.
>Torn flesh and organs hang out into the water, there’s even a slight amount of blood seeping into the water.
>Glancing to the crew, you see that pretty much everyone on deck is staring in silence at the whale’s wound.
>Even Port and Tiara.
>Turning to face Tiara, you speak to her.
“There are no sharks.”
>”What?”
>She says as her head cocks over to look at you.
>Port is the one to respond though:
>”He’s right. With the blood in the water, every shark for miles should be swarming.”
“You would think that these waters have plenty of them, that begs the question: what’s keeping the sharks away?”
>>
>9
>>
>>29467829
>…
“Sir, with all due respect, why am I here?”
>You ask to Admiral Brairheart as you enter the forward observation room.
>”I’m sorry?”
“I’ve got over two hundred men waiting in the cargo bay instead of hitting that ridge. Why were we recalled?”
>”Ah, you can have them stand down and relax. They’re part in the battle is over.”
“Why?”
>”Because of the same principal that made the Field Marshal withhold military support to the Mushir.”
“What?”
>”This is their civil war, if the Mushir and his supporters can’t stand on their own, they’ll just give way to the next group of upstarts. We’ve propped up Saddle Arabian puppet governments before, and they just gave way to the nationalists to start another war.”
“Sir, we’ve come this far already…”
>”All we’ve done is leveled the battlefield. They had air superiority, now they’ve lost it. Once you and Call deal with the mine that powers their airships, both sides will be on truly equal ground.”
“Won’t withdrawing support just ruin our reputation with the Mushir’s faction?”
>”From the first few letters sent back and forth between him and Anon, the Mushir knew that he wouldn’t have any military support. We would return the prisoners of war to fight for his side, and maybe send some supplies his way. Those were the terms that the Mushir first offered, and what was finally settled upon.”
“But if the battle shifts and the city gets taken, another war with Saddle Arabia would be unavoidable.”
>>
>>29468647
>”I believe that Offense said something along the lines of: if the Mushir can’t hold onto his own country, then we wouldn’t even want him as an ally. And right now, I’m inclined to agree. He needs to win the hearts and minds of his countrymen, and in the long run our direct interference will just hurt his own image. This ship will continue to provide air support until this battle, and this battle alone, has been won.”
>He does have a point.
“I suppose you’re right. Jagir’s men are barely more than riled up kids that are angry at Equestria.”
>”And in the long run, that might have already lost the war for the Mushir. The enemy were about to taste their final victory against the Mushir, only to have it taken from their grasp at the last moment because of Equestrian interference.”
>Brairheart points to the enemy forces below.
>“If they’re more angry at Equestria than terrified about the reality of war, then as soon as they properly reorganize, their moral will be higher than ever. And when that happens, just imagine how bloody the Third War of the Saddle Arabian Coast will be. You fought in the Second Coast War, you know how determined they were then, now imagine that multiplied by a factor of ten.”
>>
more tomorrow
>>29468647
>They're part in the battle
used they're instead of their
Fixed for pastebin
>>29468651
>The entire generation of Saddle Arabians below has grown up with nothing but resentment towards Equestria.
>They’ve grown up through a war, occupation, a puppet government, another war, another occupation, and another puppet government.
>Then to top it off, they lost another war against Equestria even while in coalition with the griffons, yaks, minotaurs, zebras, and dogs.
>And that loss was while Equestira was heavily demilitarized and in its own civil war…
“Either they get the war kicked out of them by their own people, or they’ll fight to the last man against us.”
>”And I’d rather that Anon doesn’t return to find another war to fight.”
“I’ll tell the men to stand down.”
>”Good, you and Call can rest a day or two before setting out. I’m sure the both of you must be tired.”
>The adrenaline is still keeping you from crashing after the fight.
“Excuse me Admiral.”
>Before you can turn, Brairheart speaks again:
>”Not so fast.”
“Sir?”
>”Do keep in mind, that although you’ve been given extreme leeway, you are still an officer and under my command. When I ordered you back and to stand down, the only response should have been: ‘Yes, Sir.’ After that, and only after that, you could ask for the context of the order in a tone befitting your rank.
“I’m sorry Sir.”
>You reply in the tone befitting of your rank.
>”Don’t forget that at the beginning of this year, you were only a sergeant… now, dismissed Major.”
>He places extra emphasis on your rank.
“Sir.”
>>
File: flurry_heart.jpg (63KB, 1062x751px) Image search: [Google]
flurry_heart.jpg
63KB, 1062x751px
lovely
>>
Wait, did the executions already happen?
The old stallion fitst m8 along with his grandcolts were executed too right? Since they were on the ship.
Does the *way* they were executed matter?
>>
>>29470404
>>
(I'll be writing later tonight)
>>29470421
The first round of executions is set for evening after the battle today (from Thunder's perspective). The ship only arrived at the battle the previous day. (we've been on those two days for a couple weeks now)

What do you mean by "the *way*"?
>>
>>29472249
I can't remember during the Mushir's walk with Thunder, there was a cliffside right?
His soldiers must be tired from all the fighting, would this fate not be fitting for the former air corps?

Or to make a true example of those who would raise a sword against him, would he have the elderly first mate stallions grandcolts be burned at the stake in front of him? While the grandfather weeps bitterly being forced to watch his bloodline burn out, the rest of the soldiers watch in horror while being led to their own grim fate of a beheading?

Or just good old fashioned beheading for all of them? Having the heads placed upon the ramparts to instill fear into the young 'warriors' that still wish to fight.
>>
>>29472356
Ah. As to that, we'll see.
>>
File: Reading Intensifies.gif (250KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
Reading Intensifies.gif
250KB, 500x330px
>>29472432
Anticipation!
>>
>>29473219
GET HYPE
>>
>>29474582
>>
I've got to be up early, more coming tomorrow
>>29468661
>…
>Everyone is still watching the whale in silence.
>It’s in that moment that you walk from the starboard side of the ship, to the port side.
>”Where are you going?”
>You hear Tiara ask you.
>As you study the horizon, you offer an answer:
“If you’re planning an ambush, you don’t want the target watching their flanks.”
>A set of hoofsteps approaches you, as on your right you see Tiara come up to the railing with you.
>You’re probably the only two not looking at the dead whale.
>”You don’t think that whatever killed it is smart enough to lay a trap, do you?”
“Never underestimate the enemy.”
>She doesn’t quickly respond, and as you watch the water, you can only hope that the obvious doesn’t happen.
>You can’t watch the underside of the ship…
“You should be happy about one thing though.”
>”And what would that be?”
“It looks like the cuts were made by multiple smaller creatures. Not a predator that’s as large as or larger than the whale was.”
>”So there’s a swarm of something in these waters, why should that make me feel better?”
“Well firstly, it looks like they’ve got their fill for now. And also, I doubt that their diet would include wood, so the ship itself seems to be safe.”
>”If only the crew were made of wood.”
>She says dryly.
“Well if they suddenly develop and appetite for equines, you all can go hide below deck while I deal with it.”
>You say as a joke, but knowing full well that it’s a viable strategy if the ship gets barded by ravenous sea beasts.
>>
>>29475230
>>
>>29376353
>>
>>29469514
Magnificent
>>
>>29475440
I wonder who our mystery monsters are.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>29477782
Swarm of hungry monsters. There can only be one culprit.
>>
>>
>>29479159
>>
>>29475440
>”You enjoy this, don’t you?”
“What?”
>”War, fighting, conflict in general.”
“Just because you’re good at something doesn’t mean you like it.”
>”At the first sign of that pirate ship, you jumped overboard and swam through the open ocean to fight them own your own.”
“And the ship was destroyed before it could so much as scratch the Avalon.”
>”Still, I can’t work out if you just have a death wish, or you’re addicted to conflict.”
“How many members of the crew would have been injured or killed if I hadn’t?”
>”That’s not the point.”
“Yes it is. I lead the charge because it saves lives, not because I secretly want to fall in the battle.”
>”That’s just what you tell yourself so you can sleep easier at night.”
“I’ll have you know that I can sleep just fine.”
>Well, aside from Discord’s dream crashing that is.
>”Tell me something. After a war has been won, what do you do?”
“Prepare for the next.”
>”Why? You don’t know that another war will actually happen.”
“I haven’t been wrong so far.”
>”But what happens when they are over? When there isn’t another one coming. When you finally have to retire.”
>>
Only got back an hour ago, I'm completely exhausted. I'll be back tomorrow.
>>29482377
“The day I retire is the day I die. And that better not be a joke about my age.”
>”Well that’s a healthy attitude.”
“If I retired, then as soon as another problem rose up, they’d be at my door begging me to come back. Why deal with the middle man?”
>”Because there’s more to life than the military.”
“Yes, there was. Then I got sucked through a trans-dimensional portal by the egotistical worm known better as ‘Discord,’ and I lost the first couple decades of my life.”
>”Well, what’s been stopping you from starting over?”
“Aside from the bison (who we’ve always been at peace with), I’ve bested every single political entity in the known world, including the Equestrian government-“
>She cuts you off.
>”Don’t remind me.”
“Every single time, someone or something threatens the security of your kind, I’ve stopped it. I think I’ve done quite a bit with my life here. And besides, you’re one to talk. Didn’t you get tired of watching over daddy’s businesses and decided to do some actual good?”
>”If I knew that I would have ended up with having to put up with you on this boat, I would have reconsidered.”
>She says in a dry tone that leaves you unsure if she’s being serious or not.
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>29483639
>>
>>29484019
>>
>>29484019
>>29485405
Wew
>>
>>29438293
>The banging continues outside.
>Distant shouting along with battle sounds slowly move closer to your location.
>With a sigh Gencer trots towards a panel by the door and presses his hoof on the lowest button.
>A loud clank sounds out and the door swings wildly open.
>In behind it rushes a very frantic looking stallion.
>The dark blue coat is stained with dark stains of red and his black cropped mane drips with sweat.
>He's wearing a tattered black suit that is practically dangling off his body while the glasses on his face are bent sideways as if they were stepped on a couple times.
>However some blood seeping from his nostrils indicate that they were probably damaged from a hoof slamming into his face.
>Perhaps it's both reasons.
>As he sprawls onto the floor to catch his breath Gencer slowly closes the door.
>You notice you don't hear the loud clank this time.
>You watch him carefully as he hovers his hoof just over the panel, but lowers it back down.
>"D-did you lock it?"
>"Yes."
>"A-are you sure?"
>"Positive."
>Angoel let's out a sigh of relief as he gets back up.
>"Alright so what's the plan?"
>"Plan? There is no plan."
>"Don't serve me that Yakcrap and call it cake! I know you!"
>He changes into his changeling form.
>There's a large scar drooping down just from the crest of his horn going all the way down the left side of his face through the eye.
>"I knew what kind of being you were ever since we first let you in. Your pleas for acceptance and mercy were all just lies from the beginning."
>Gencer shifts slightly but stands still by the door.
>"While you poured honeyed words into their ears I've always noticed you've always had that look about you."
>You see Gencer's face twitch a bit.
>"Like you were only with us as long as it suited you, slightest excuse you'd dump us and fly for the hills. Is that what happened to your last hive? You ditch them as well?"
>...
>"Or did you serve them up to the butcher that's making his way through the halls now?"
>>
>>29486274
The magic of deleting bumps
>>29486869
>Another scream echoes out.
>This time it seemed to come from right outside your door.
>Gencer's sneer disappears and he returns to his usual nature and his voice goes back to his disturbing calm yet menacing tone.
>"Everything I have done. I have done for the benefit of myself."
>He takes a short step backwards.
>The vein in his temple is starting to return.
>"I will not stand here and listen to you desecrate my image when it was HIM who abandoned US atop those mountains!"
>He points an accusing hoof at you still tied in the chair.
>Angoel turns shocked to see you.
>More shock from your actual presence then from the accusation.
>How has he not noticed you sitting just a meter away?
>He quizzically moves closer inspecting you.
>"Is this true?"
"It's a long story."
>"I'd love to hear it sometime, but for now we need to get out of here."
>"None of you are going anywhere!"
>Gencer is standing right by the door's control panel.
>"Let me ask you something Angoel, if I was so 'horrible' then why did you never try to kick me out?"
>"Because I knew this day would come. It was only a matter of time before he would track us here. I just want to get out of this alive."
>Gencer gives a little chuckle.
>"While your own mother waits to be slaughtered by that ape, you come to me for help? Should've kicked me out while you had the chance. Because neither of you are leaving."
>>
Can't tell if stealth bumped or 4 hours since last post

>>29487227
Oh, hiya Luke
>>
Home and writing now.

I took a quick stroll through memory lane (the archive). I started writing on February 27th, 2016. When I said the story was formulating in my head, I had no idea it would go this far...
>>
I've got to be up early tomorrow, but I'll also be getting home relatively early. There will be updates early tomorrow afternoon, until then I need rest.
>>29482412

>…
“Hey Call?”
>”Yeah boss?”
“You feel that?”
>”Feel what?”
“Exactly.”
>”Oh…”
“We’ve stopped firing. Come on, I want a look outside.”
>You lead your friend out of the small lounge that you were relaxing in.
>Thankfully, due to the ship’s design, a hatch to the outside is only short walk away.
“Airman!”
>You call out to a guard nearby.
>”Sir?”
“Is this hatch one that can be opened from the exterior?”
>”Not this one Sir.”
“We’ll be back in a minute or two, let us in when we knock.
>”Of course Sir.”
>Before you open up the small door, you check the paint in the top left corner.
>Hatch C-17.
>Moving your hooves to press down on one side of the bar and up on the other, a gust of wind soon comes through the cracks.
>The wind only gets stronger as you pull the hatch in and can see the open sky.
“Come on!”
>You yell to Call.
>”After you!”
>He responds.
>Prepping your wings for flight, you step into the opening, and kick off.
>You quickly stabilize and start to hover near the entrance.
>After Call gets clear of the hatch, you see the airman inside push shut the hatch.
“Let’s get some altitude.”
>The Corporal nods, and you both begin the steady ascent into the sky.
>As you fly, you note that the Prydwen has stopped firing completely, and from below only the occasional cannon can be heard.
>>
good night from page 9
>>
>>29489978
hahahahahaahahahaahhhahah
ur a faget
>>
>>29490397
>>
>>29491039
>>
>>29491657
>>
I'll get another post or two out soon, and be back later tonight to update more
>>29489235
>…
“Harv!”
>You say to your empty room in the depths of the ship.
>Discord is nowhere to be seen.
“Come on, I know you’re there.”
>”Hello Anon.”
>Discord’s voice sounds out from behind you.
“What killed the whale?”
>”No, ‘hello Harvey, how have you been doing while trapped in my head? I know it’s cramped in there, so I’d like to know if there’s anything I could do to make your stay more enjoyable.’ learn some manners.”
“Oh shut up.”
>”Although the sight of the whale did ruin my appetite, or at least it would have if I had a stomach…”
“What. Killed. It.”
>”I don’t know, lots of creatures have claws.”
“Nice to see that you’re still pulling your own weight…”
>”Oh look on the bright side, Anon!”
“What would that be?”
>”I think Lady-Admiral Whatshername is really warming up to you.”
>You let out an exasperated sigh.
>”Something on your mind?”
“I’m just wondering how much alcohol it would take to kill all of the brain cells that you’re living in.”
>>
>>29493041
>…
>Bodies, blood, and destroyed equipment litters the field below.
>The Mushir’s men broke the enemy and the army can be seen far in the distance, still pressing the attack.
>You’d guess that they’re currently running down anypony that’s remained in the enemy camp.
>But in the carnage on the ground outside of the city, hundreds of men can be seen still standing.
>Either moving supply carts out of the city, or bringing the wounded off of the field.
>Any grass or vegetation that used to be in the farmland below has been stamped into the dirt many times over.
>It will probably take a couple years to return.
>But the city itself is mostly untouched.
>As much death as there is below, it would have been far worse if the city had been fully stormed.
>For now it looks like the Mushir has the momentum.
>You can only hope that the tides don’t turn again.
>You shift your focus to your airship, which is looming over the city walls.
>Far to the north over the city, the two captured airships can be seen in the distance.
>It has been… a long couple of days for you.
>You wonder for a second what the casualties have been for each side.
>Definitely in the five digits.
>It had better be worth it in the end.
>After this is all over, if you never have to set hoof in Saddle Arabia again, then you can die a happy stallion.
>You glance over to Call, who is surveying the field in silence.
>It looks like he’s focusing on the bodies that litter the land below..
“Come on, let’s head back.”
>”You read my damn mind, mate.”
>He says in an uncharacteristically serious tone.
>>
>10
>>
>>29495136
>>
>>29495938
>>
>>29493215
>…
>As you pass through the hatch marked C-17, the airman closes it behind you.
“Thanks, you can return to your post.”
>”Sir.”
>The soldier nods as he walks back to the corner he was originally standing at.
>You start to make your own way through the hallways, and Call is quick to follow behind.
>After a few turns and heading up a flight of stairs, he speaks.
>”Wait, where are you going?”
“My quarters, I need a nap.”
>”You can’t just sleep at a time like this!”
“What?”
>”Now’s the time for action, not sleep.”
>At least that’s what you though he said.
>His accent made most of the words slur together.
“Call, articulate. I know they don’t teach you how to properly speak up in Manechester, but you need to try.”
>”Oh bugger off.”
“You do remember that I heavily outrank you, right?”
>”But I outrank you when it comes to wisdom.”
“Sure buddy…”
>”Think about it, there’s an entire city below- a city we just saved. And all the men are out fighting… We just need to seize the day; we should be heroes down there.”
“You do remember that I’m married. Happily married.”
>”Right…”
>His tone of voice seems to indicate that, yes, he actually didn’t think about that.
“Listen, you go do what you want. But when we have to start the mission, don’t you dare show up drunk or hungover. And don’t die while you’re at it.”
>”Cheers mate!”
>He turns and goes his own way.
>Giving you some peace and quiet.
>You really do need a nap though.
>Your limbs ache, especially your wings.
>>
More tomorrow (unless friends want to drink, in that case more on saturday)
>>29496806
>…
>After a short talk with Discord that went nowhere, you step back onto the main deck of the ship.
>The first thing you notice is that the ship is oddly quiet.
>Since the sails were unfurled and you left the whale to sink to the depths, the crew seems to be on edge.
>Everyone you can see has at least one eye on the ocean.
>You start walking forward to the nearest railing.
>The sky is completely cloudless.
>And the sea is relatively calm.
>The question seems to be when.
>Not if.
>When will something rear its head out of the water?
>Will it be a single massive creature, or a swarm of smaller ones?
>And are you already being stalked?
>Honestly, you don’t care if it’s one or many so-called monsters that attack.
>You just want it to be done with.
>Because in many ways, animals are smarter than people.
>Mainly because when they learn about a threat, they avoid it.
>People will keep trying to fight even when they have no hope of victory.
>But not animals.
>If you bleed them enough, then their collective instinct kicks in.
>Eventually the slightest whiff of your sent will send any creature running away with its tail between its legs.
>The creatures in these waters and in the eastern mainland have never encountered you before.
>But they will soon enough.
>>
don die
>>
>>29497531
This
>>
>>29376353
>>
>>29499139
>>
>>29501373
tfw I don't even know if the thread has been bumped or not because people delete their bumps.
>>
>>29503943
Just refresh the page and look at the page number.
If it's at Page 4 and the last bump was 4 hours ago you can safely assume the bump is just deleted.
>>
>>29504041
Thanks bud.
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>29504041
I track these threads on the android app 'Clover'. The only thing I dislike is that it dosen't show page numbers. All I see is last post 7 hours ago.
>>
>>29505950
>>
>>29505397
>>
>>29506792
>>
>>29508458
>>
>>29488587
Hey'o Anon
>>29487227
>"You asked what plan I have? Well you just delivered me one!"
>Gencer then swings open the door and changes into a young looking mare.
>"Help! Help! Please anypony! Get these monsters away from me!"
>He slams the door and crouches to the side.
>Almost instantaneously afterwards three heavy stallions burst through the door.
>Two are wearing heavy looking plate armor while the third, a unicorn, had some lighter leather and chainmail.
>Their eyes focus immediately on the two of you in the center of the room.
>Paying no attention to the creature hiding behind the now flung open door.
>The unicorn sends a burst of magic directly at the two of you.
>Angoel dives to the side while you sit helplessly strapped down.
>The burst explodes beside you sending a rush of pain through your back hooves.
>Luckily however the pure shock from the blast loosens the straps.
>You jerk free from the chair and land on your side and try to stand.
>Just as you get to your hooves, you jump back down dodging a thrust from one of the stallions spears.
>Angoel however wasn't so lucky.
>You catch a quick glimpse of him being impaled through the neck by the other stallion trying to run for the door.
>"Back!"
>The unicorn commands the stallion away as he lights up his horn again.
>The light he's making is an immaculate white.
>Almost beautiful in a way.
>It transfixes your thoughts just long enough before you realize it's too late to move from his sights.
>Before he releases his attack, Gencer tackles him from behind.
>As the unicorn hits the floor he releases his burst.
>The bolt flies directly past the side of your face.
>If you swayed not even an inch to the left you'd be dead.
>The bolt continues flying until it hits the large glass window.
>It explodes into a thousand tiny shards that scatter all across the room.
>As you cover your eyes for protection you spot Gencer make a dash for the opening.
>He transforms back and spreads his wings for take off.
>>
>>29512899
>>
>>29514694
>>
>>29496809
>…
>Your nap was cut short after twenty minutes or so.
>The Admiral wanted you with him to inspect the captured airships.
>Setting down on the deck alongside Commander Clear Skies, you watch as Brairheart’s cart is pulled up alongside the ship.
>He’s a unicorn, and not that proficient at teleporting, so he had to be brought via chariot.
>”I hate those things.”
>Brairheart says as he steps onto the enemy airship.
>”So what do we have?”
>The Commander replies:
>”Well, you’ve probably noticed that the resemblance is uncanny. Taking away the slight stylistic choices, this ship is almost identical to any of our older style airships.”
>”It looks like the tethers that connect the blimp to the hull are a bit thicker than we made them.”
>”A reasonable safety precaution considering that they can’t fly.”
>”What’s their wheel connected to?”
>The wheel on Equestrian airships connects down below deck, to where the unicorns reside.
>When the wheel is turned, it relays a directional change to the unicorn focusing on it.
>And it can be pushed forward or back slightly, indicating that altitude should be decreased or increased respectively.
>Skies replies:
>”I’ve only took a quick glance down at the engine room, but it looks like they use the same signaling system as we do with the ship’s wheel. But in this case it relays orders to the engineer team instead of unicorns.”
>”I would like to get a look at this engine I’ve been hearing so much about.”
>”Right this way Sir.”
>>
>>29515586
>tfw you come just in time for another update
>>
(Was just over character limit)
>>29515586

>The Commander leads you and Brairheart down two levels.
>And then towards the stern of the ship.
>The engine room is currently being illuminated by a couple of lanterns, and a unicorn’s horn as he focuses on keeping the ship in the air.
>Skies begins to speak as you all filter into the room.
>”As you can see, our unicorns don’t have any problems operating the ship.”
>In this room towards the bow of the ship, a wooden pole sticks out from the ceiling.
>A rectangular beam is nailed into it, so that the ponies down here can see which way the wheel is being turned or tilted.
>Beside the unicorn that’s keeping the ship afloat, two others are waiting as backups in case of emergency.
>If this were an Equestrian airship, the room would be pretty open to give the unicorns space to work.
>But in here, they’re cramped.
>>
More tomorrow
>>29515599
nice double dubs
>>29515700

>Because a large mechanical box takes up most of the space.
>In its center is the furnace that burns the fuel, but nothing is burning right now.
>The rest of the machine is covered with levers, cranks, switches, and gauges.
>Brairheart steps forward to inspect the engine.
>”So this is what lets them copy our magic.”
>”Affirmative. However, without the proper fuel, it’s just a piece of metal.”
>Skies beckons for the two of you to come over to a stack of barrels that sit against the wall.
>As he opens the lid of one, a faint purple aura emanates from the opening.
>”This is their Sahar sand. Whatever crystals they’ve been mining lets them replicate magical effects. All we know is that if they grind it up and use it in an engine like this one, it lets them achieve lift and momentum.”
>Peering into the barrel, you see what is best described as glowing purple sand.
“How did they ever come up with any of this?”
>Brairheart responds:
>”I’d guess that they were desperate enough to try anything that might even the playing fields between our nations. But as for the exact process: I don’t know, that’s something you’ll have to figure out.”
>>
>>29515709
good
>>
>>29511862
Can I have some more, please?
>>
>>29515709
>How did they ever come up with any of this?
That's exactly what happens when quantity ideas are researched in EU4.
>>
>>29518419
And the Prydwen is what happens when the have better mil tech.
>>
go navy
>>
>9
>>
>>29522456
>>
>>29523390
>>
>>29525291
>>
File: tumblr_m83y6ooLbJ1qenqrwo1_500.gif (495KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m83y6ooLbJ1qenqrwo1_500.gif
495KB, 500x309px
>>29511862
>He is going to make a run for it!
>You have to stop him somehow.
>If he gets away that hive would be as good as his.
>While the one stallion pry's his spear from Angoel's limp body, the other one charges again at you.
>You land a hoof to his face and dash towards Gencer.
>He's just about to dive through the smashed window as you grab hold of his hind legs.
>The extra weight makes you both lurch downward, but he keeps you both hovering in the air.
>The high mountain winds sways you both as if you were a fly fighting a desk fan.
>He flails his hooves trying to buck you off of his rear.
>"Let go of me you dross piece of sh-"
>Suddenly a high pitched whistle pierces your ears, than an explosion combusts the air high above you. pic related
>The force makes Gencer lurch again almost causing you to slip.
>You catch a quick glimpse back into the room.
>One of the Earth stallions looking on with amusement while the other is heading for the door.
>Most likely going to secure the other rooms.
>The unicorn on the other hoof is furious.
>His horn lights up again sending another blast towards you two.
>You hear the whistle again then it explodes the air leaving a swirl of fire just meters away.
>He's getting better at predicting your movements.
>With all this wind and your added weight, it's getting harder for Gencer to maneuver.
>"If you don't let go we will both be blown out of the sky!"
"That's exactly what I'm counting on! You are NOT getting to those caves!"
>Taking another glimpse back you see the illumination from the unicorn's horn.
>Then the whistle.
>Time slows down to a heartbeat.
>You could see the bolt heading straight at the two of you coming like lightning.
>And yet you hold.
"Not yet."
>Frantically Gencer tries to shake you off yet he's exerted himself too much.
>Right before it makes contact you release him and let yourself plummet towards the Earth.
>>
>9
>>
>>29527391
>Your entire body feels as if it will break mid-air.
>The blast sends you sailing downwards with tremendous force.
>You continue to play dead until you are sure the unicorn is out of sight.
>As you come close to the treeline, you try to spread your wings to slow the decent.
>The strain from the draft aches your hooves but you keep them spread to help cause more draft.
>As the peaks of trees begins coming ever closer, you force your battered body to flap your wings with all your might.
>Every muscle-fiber on your back burns at this request.
>As the first treetop clips your wing, you know it's too late.
>Branch after branch slams into you breaking off leaving large splinters.
>You can only raise your forehooves in an attempt to brace yourself from the barrage of wooden limbs.
>One branch catches your jaw and sends you spinning downward.
>Landing with a thud, the wind gets knocked out from your lungs.
>Trying to stand, your body refuses to cooperate out of sheer exhaustion and pain.
>While you lay on your back helpless, a small chuckle escapes.
>The chuckle evolves into pure idiotic laughter.
>You're alive!
>By some miracle you have cheated death yet again.
>Staring up at the sky you noticed you landed close to the mountain side.
>Straining your eyes you could barely see the bottom of the protruding window you jumped out from.
>It's astonishingly high.
>Looking past the mountain you stare back at the blue sky.
>Light clouds move gently through the air.
>You take a deep breath and close your eyes.
>It's not over yet.
>That nest must be destroyed at all costs.
>But for now a little rest wouldn't hurt.
>Not like you could move about right now anyways.
>With the headquarters destroyed the army will most likely be searching for stragglers who escaped into the surrounding area.
>Best to lay low.
>Nice and low on this soft forest fl-
>You pause in thought.
>As you begin to get feeling back you notice something is wrong with the ground.
>>
>>29528248
>It's hard in places yet also mushy.
>The best comparison would be laying down on a damp carpet with some protrusions mixed with the squishy floor.
>The longer you lay the more uncomfortable things become.
>Soon a sickening stench fills your nostrils.
>It doesn't just fill them, it envelops you completely.
>All around you the musk of a sickening sweet aroma makes you gag out the bit of breath that remains in your lungs.
>It's too much.
>With a newfound motivation you try to lift yourself up off the ground.
>Before you could even move, you could feel something holding you back down.
>Why can't you lift your forehoof?
>Turning to see the problem you are greeted with a decaying hoof wrapped about your own.
>You scream out in horror at the sight.
>Maggots and worms wriggle there ways in and out of the hoof protruding from the ground.
>It's grappling you, keeping you tangled in this disgusting place.
"Let go. Let go! LET GO!!!"
>With a twist you free yourself and a crack can be heard.
>The hoof limply falls to the ground as one of the bones snaps from the appendage.
>You step back hurriedly from it expecting it to move.
>It just sits there.
>Worry still fills your mind.
>Taking another step backwards you trip over something.
>You fall in a ditch where the revolting aroma now completely overwhelms you.
>As you open your eyes you use all your power not to throw-up.
>All around you lay decaying ponies.
>Pieces of flesh looked to be picked off by wildlife.
>Some had missing limbs.
>Others were almost pure bone.
>Tattered clothing drapes over their body still trying to shield them from the elements.
>Many have rope binding their hooves together.
>Hidden executions?
>A unicorn stands out from the rest.
>Half of his face has deteriorated away, but you immediately recognize who it was.
"Coal Trane?"
>His clothes are all but gone and the visible bones seem to be picked clean.
>He has been here a while.
>Suddenly everything clicks together.
>>
>>29528807
>This is a mass grave.
>All the ponies that disappeared over the years could probably be found here.
>Whether this was the doing of the MID or if it was decided after the changeling take over you aren't sure.
>What you were sure of is that you need to get out of here.
>And fast.
>With the headquarters taken down the army would be searching the surrounding areas for secret exits in hope to find ones who escaped their hooves.
>Eventually they will stumble upon this atrocity, and you do not want to be here when they do.
>Using the trees for cover, you begin to make your way south.
>Towards the Badlands.
>>
yeet rescue
>>
i personally don't like duke
>>
>>29528863
I'm reminded of FarCry 3 for some reason. Or is it Dishonored? Some game where you have to crawl out of a pile of dead bodies. Good stuff Luke.
>>
>>29515709
>…
>As you stand overlooking the ocean, you start to hear a shrill ringing in your left ear.
>Glancing over to the left as you press against your ear, you quickly hear Discord’s voice.
>”Sorry, sent the wrong chemical signal.”
>What is he even doing?
>When you next blink, your eyes open to see something completely different.
>You’re no longer on the ship.
>Instead, you’re just standing in an empty white void.
>Discord, still in human form, is standing about ten feet in front of you.
>”There we go.”
“Where are we?”
>”Your mind, I triggered a dream of sorts. Don’t worry, once we’re done speaking only a second or two will have passed in the real world. And your body won’t say anything that you say in here, so you don’t need to worry about acting insane in front of the crew.”
“Damnit Harv, you can’t just drag me out of reality on a whim!”
>”Too late.”
>He replies in a sing-song tone.
“This is my mind. You can, but it should be at my digression.”
>”I promise I won’t unless I have something important to say regarding the situation.”
>He puts his hand up to his forehead and salutes with two fingers.
>”Scout’s honor.”
>He then pauses for a moment.
>”Well, I might if I get extremely bored.”
“Harv!”
>”Oh come now, can’t you see the benefits of being able to effectively freeze time to think?”
>Wait…
>”There’s the hamster running on the wheel you call a brain.”
>What else could he do to help?
“So, all the memories I have. They’re in perfect detail in my mind, but even though my memory is decent, I just can’t recall everything perfectly. Right?”
>”Correct.”
“But you can help me access those perfect details, right?”
>”And you thought I had no use…”
>>
>>29530403
“Harvey, I need your help.”
>”What’s in it for me?”
“Self-preservation. If I die, you die.”
>”Right… fair enough.”
“Now, I’ve had some ideas, but I’m limited by what we have access to on this ship. I don’t have the same resources or manpower as back in the capitol. I need you to help my search through my memories.”
>”What are we looking for?”
“Something that I know I’ve read at least once on the internet.”
>…
>You step back out onto the deck of the airship.
>As Brairheart begins walking to his chariot, he speaks:
>”Major, Commander, come with me. I think it’s about time I speak to the Mushir.
“Yes Sir.”
>You quickly reply.
>Skies then acknowledges as well:
>”Aye Sir.”
>…
>Eventually you blink back into reality, and Discord was telling the truth.
>Barely a moment has passed.
>Walking over towards the stern of the ship, you yell up to the poop deck:
“Port!”
>He approaches the railing to speak to you.
>”Aye?”
“I’m going to need a copy of the ship’s manifest, some large sheets of parchment, a quill, and some ink.”
>”Can I ask why?”
“It’s kind of hard to explain, just trust me.”
>>
>>29530406
oh no
what's he gonna do now
>>
>>29530406
oh no

i have to wait another day to find out
>>
>>29531188
Oh no is stab.
>>
>>29532594
>>
>>29533357
>>
>>29534248
>>
>>29536014
página nueve
>>
>9
>>
>>29376353
>>
>>29539430
>>
>>29541080
>>
>>29542475
>>
Bumperino
>>
Three days since last update

Hope everything is ok
>>
>>29543991
It's only been 2 days.
He probably busy with school/work.
>>
>9
>>
>>29530036
Outlast
>>29528863
>Putting Canterlot and the giant mountain its perched on to your flank you limp your way south.
>No paths to guide you.
>Just a B-line straight down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVXnoIoWu88
>A little stream crosses your path.
>The water playfully works its way through the jarring boulders and fallen trees.
>It's peaceful.
>A nice getaway.
>Maybe you will come back here one day.
>One day.
>After all this mess gets cleaned up.
>Your throat stings from dryness.
>Deciding to take a drink you down as much as you can.
>Should hydrate as much as possible.
>Doubt there will be any babbling brooks where you're going.
>After a couple gulps you feel an immediate ache in your stomach.
>You remember the water bottle Dr. Meng-Gencer poured you.
>Right.
>I'm not a pony anymore.
>The familiar swirling in your gut starts up.
>You clench at your belly in pain using all your effort to hold it down.
>Success!
>The feeling subsides but your throat begins to burn again.
>You know the only way to make it go away is to 'feed'.
>Is that ethical?
>Would I be able to ask somepony if...
>You remember Alto.
>How much pain she looked to be in after Gencer drained her.
>You grimace at the thought.
>Better to just deal with the pain for now and move onward.
>You decide it's best to follow the stream for a bit.
>More out of comfort rather than necessity.
>The sounds of the flowing water is a good distraction.
>After walking what you'd guess to be a couple miles the stream empties into a little pond.
>The heat from the sun has been baking your body all day and the temptation to take a dip rises.
>As you weigh the options in your head you catch a whiff of rotting flesh.
>A little bath wouldn't hurt.
>Stepping into the pond, little ripples stir from your hooves.
>The water is cool and sends a little shiver down your spine.
>Best to get it over with.
>Diving your body completely underwater you burst back out sending little wakes to the shore.
>>
>>29546453
Outlast

Ah! Now I get it. Thats why you're so twisted.
>>
>>29546769
Outlast was my first taste. Crossed is what truly damned me.
>>29546453
>You give out a sigh of relief as your body quickly adjusts to the temperature.
>Letting the crisp water overtake you, you begin wiping away the stench.
>Using your hooves to thoroughly clean yourself, all the grim and dirt dissipate into the pool.
>Getting to your head your right hoof hits the protruding stump that is your horn.
>Not a pony anymore.
>No more flowing mane.
>No more gleaming wings.
>No more shiny coat.
>Disappointment washes over you.
>You raise yourself out from the water and make your way to the shore.
>As the ripples subside and the pond goes still, you see your reflection.
>A remaining drop of water falls from your fangs.
>They splash against the surface of the pond obscuring your view for a second.
>Then you notice the openings in your hooves.
>Bringing one to your eye you stare through it like a telescope.
"This is freaky."
>Bringing it back down you take one last look at your reflection.
>A thought comes to mind.
>It's so obvious.
"I can change into anypony I want!"
>Only how?
>It can't be too hard right?
>Just imagine the pony and concentrate?
>No way of knowing until you find out.
>Putting your mind to the test, you think of Flash Sentry.
>Suddenly a green wave of fire surrounds you.
>You feel a slight pain at the back of your head.
>Probably part of the process.
>You stare back at the ponds surface.
>And there starring back from the pool of water is Flash Sentry in the flesh.
>You put your heads inches from water to get a better look.
>It's perfectly identical.
>You spread your wings wide with pride.
>Orange feathers glistening from the sunlight.
"This is amazing! I wonder..."
>Thinking back to all the ponies you met, you change into all the ones you remember the most vividly.
>From close friends.
>To a couple foes.
>And all in between.
>All the while that incessant pain at the back of your head grows with every change you make.
>>
>>29543991
>>29544259
Between this week and the next, I've got 4 essays to write (on the third). Also worked a couple extra shifts (so I can have money to eat).

I'll get something out tomorrow

>>29547842]
Luke, thank you for posting in my absence
>>
>>29548598
It's all good!
Do what you do Thing. We'll be here rooting for you.

You can do it sempi! <3
>>
>>29548762
What this anon said <3
>>
>>29549390
</3

Love in hell, ponyfag.
>>
>>29545128
>>
>>29549965
/)
>>
>9
>>
>>29548598
Happy to keep the dream machine alive.
>>
>>29552953
>>
>>29555652
>>
>>29556662
bumpjiji
>>
>>29557634
>>
Bumperino for rutting flurry

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE
>>
>>29559491
Where the fuck have you been lad? Get back to rut posting fagit
>>
>>29559491
PRAISE BE TO GÖTT!

RUTPOSTER HAS RETURNED!

This can go either way. But am still happy for his return with the warmth of fireball
>>
>>29558202
>>
>>29559948
>>29561575
I'm not the original rutposter, but I believed in his dream and am proudly carrying on his legacy

Bumperino!
>>
>9
>>
>>29552236
>/)
>>
>>29567182
>(\
>>
>>29566288
>>
File: 1468906210094.jpg (15KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
1468906210094.jpg
15KB, 320x272px
>>29566288
>>29570488
Impressive repeating digits.
>>
>>29570548
That the power we behold.
>>
File: 1415854800634.gif (932KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
1415854800634.gif
932KB, 400x265px
>>29570866
That you do
>>
>>29570866
>>
Alright, my shit is now together and I've got one more week till spring break. Starting tonight, I'll try to get back to the old average of 3-4 posts a day, with double that on weekends.

I'll sit back down to write in an hour or two, my back is currently killing me from being hunched over books and my laptop all day.
>>
>>29570488
>>
>>29564387
An idea never dies.
>>29530406
>…
>You’ve been waiting for quite some time…
>After business on the airship was concluded, Brairheart headed for the palace in the city.
>In the shadow of the great lighthouse, you’ve been waiting in the courtyard while the Admiral speaks to the Mushir behind closed doors.
>Skies is waiting with you, however there has been next to no small talk.
>You’ve just been waiting, watching a fountain spit a continuous stream of water.
>It’s getting closer and closer to sunset.
>Your legs and wings ache, and the odor of two days of heavy fighting is coming off of your armor.
>The only solace you have is that it isn’t too hot.
>The warmest months have passed, and you’re on one of the northernmost regions in Saddle Arabia.
>It’s still hot, but the heat isn’t completely blistering.
>How so many ponies managed to settle this country is beyond you.
>You’d take the cold to heat any day.
>The heavy oak door reinforced by ornately carved bronze strips begins to open.
>You stand at attention as Brairheart walks out of the room.
>He has a pretty neutral look on his face.
>You’d guess that things either didn’t go that well, or that fatigue is getting to him as well.
>”The Mushir would like to speak to you, Major.”
>What about?
“Yes Sir.”
>>
>>29572900
>Entering the room, you close the large door behind you.
>The room is roughly forty feet deep, and twenty wide.
>You’d guess that it’s a private study for whoever rules the city.
>At the far end of the room is a large glass window that overlooks the ocean.
>Between the light from that and three chandeliers, the room is incredibly well lit.
>On your right and left, bookshelves line the walls for the length of the room.
>The plethora of books share shelf space with assorted trinkets from around the world.
>Just in front of the window is a desk, with one empty seat with its back to the window, and two seats facing the desk.
>The Mushir is standing behind the desk looking out to the ocean.
>”Please, come.”
>He says without turning towards you.
>As you make your way to the far side of the room, the sent and smoke of incense becomes noticeable.
>Getting closer to the desk, he speaks again.
>”You are lucky, you know?”
>He then turns to face you, and makes his way to the chair on that side of the desk.
>”Sit.”
>Pulling out the chair to your right, you sit down.
“How am I lucky?”
>”You in the grand sense of the word: you Equestrians.”
“Ah… How are we lucky?”
>>
I'll be back tomorrow
>>29573031
>”You have been blessed with countless boons when it comes to fighting. Your unicorns possess magic, your pegasi possess flight, and your economic base is immense. You are led by a man with the strength of a dragon, the heart of a lion, and the mind of a fox. And now you possess a ship that can barely be dented by the strongest weapons brought against it.”
“Thank you, I suppose.”
>”But I still do not understand one thing about your people. Why?”
“Why what?”
>”Griffons, minotaurs, dogs, zebras, and my own people. All of them combined could not fell your nation. Why have you never simply annexed any of them?”
“I think that’s a question for somepony much higher up than I am: the admiral, one of the generals, or a princess.”
>”But, I am asking you. An officer, but still one of the… average ponies from your nation. Not a general or royalty.”
“Well… I guess we left your people and the others as you were, because we never really wanted the wars in the first place.”
>The Mushir grins, as if that’s the answer he wanted or expected to hear.
>”And that is why I am optimistic. Cautious, but optimistic.”
“What do you mean?”
>”Your people are open to peace. Even if my own people need a firm hoof to guide them on a similar path, they’ll see reason eventually. Men of your age have only known war between our people, men of my age can barely remember anything other than war. But if men like you and men like me can even so much as think of the idea of peace…”
>The Mushir pauses for a moment before switching topics.
>”That however, is how you say, a talk for another day. Now tell me, is audacity a requirement for your soldiers?”
“What?”
>”When the gate was lost, you flew to it with one other man, and retook it on your own. You are either very brave or very stupid… possibly both.”
“Thank you?”
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>29573354
>>
>>29574131
>>
Happy anniversary people

We've been going for one full year now.

(I'll be writing in a couple hours)
>>
>>29577967
Happy aniversary!
>>
>>29577967
>1 year

And i'm still in the same place a was a year before. Jobless NEET, just the way it should be.

Thanks for keeping this up for so long Thing.
>>
>>29577967
Here's to another hopeful year!
Thanks for all the drama and heartstopping adventures with this colorful cast of creatures.

May the ride never end.
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>29578377
Checked
>>
>>29578129
And it will still be going for quite some time
>>29578377
cheers and checked. Glad to have you on the ride buddy.
>>29573036
>”I have heard that the griffon escaped.”
“He fled during the melee on his ship. By the time men were freed up, he was just a speck on the horizon.”
>”A shame, but no matter.”
>The Mushir opens a drawer on his side of the desk, and retrieves a sheathed dagger.
>He sets it on the table and slides it over to you.
>”Go on, look at it.”
>The most obvious thing you notice about it is the large sapphire embedded into the dagger’s pommel.
>The grip is then heavily gilded.
>Reaching forward, you slide the blade out of its casing.
>The metal itself is a very pure steel, and the blade has a slight curve to it.
>You’d guess the blade itself is around ten inches.
“It seems to be a fine blade.”
>”When I was a child, I had nothing. My parents died when I was young, and I fell into petty theft to feed myself. At the age of twelve, I stole this dagger, and one identical to it but with a ruby in the grip instead. If I had sold them I could have eaten for months, however the owner yanked me by the shoulder and forced me to the ground before I could take two steps away from him.”
>The Mushir notices that he left the drawer open, and pauses to push it shut.
>”The man I took them from was a ship’s captain, one of the greatest in the navy at the time. Normally the punishment for theft is to lose the hoof you’ve stolen with. But he looked at how my ribs were visible from the lack of food. He helped me stand back up, and only told me one thing. That if I want to eat for the week, to sell them. But if I wanted to eat for the rest of my life, to return them.”
“So that’s how you joined the navy.”
>>
>>29579796
>”No, I sold them without a second thought. I took the first offer, which I now know to be a less than a tenth of what they’re worth.”
“Oh.”
>”But as I feasted that night, the food tasted like poison in my mouth. I spent the next two years of my life working to earn enough money to buy them back. When I did return them to the captain, he spoke to me as if barely a minute had passed since he last saw me. All he told me on that day was to remain quiet and observe. On that day I watched intently as every member of his crew performed their duties. Only after I had come to understand every seemingly insignificant task that occurs on a ship, was I allowed to speak. He made me realize exactly how every member of the crew works together to keep the ship afloat. That is how I joined the navy.”
“That’s very interesting.”
>”Yes, yes, now you are wondering what the point of any of this is. Well, I will tell you. Just as every crewmember is integral to the ship, ever ship is integral to the fleet. And just as every ship is integral to the fleet, every force is integral to the war effort. You will be one of those forces, as you will be going to destroy the enemy means of airship production. In this battle, you have already proven your bravery and skill to me, so I trust you with this knife so that you may use it to cut the heart out of the enemy.”
“You’re not afraid it will get damaged or lost?”
>”Will you lose it?”
“No.”
>”Will you damage it?”
“No.”
>”I give you this as a symbol of trust. That I trust your skill to complete your mission and that I will trust you as an Equestrian in offering an old enemy my blade.”
>>
>>29579815
>His style is certainly…
>Esoteric.
“I’ll make sure get it back to you.”
>”I have set aside the blade’s twin for my son, and I still do not trust him with it. That should show how much faith I rest in you.”
“I promise that-“
>”No. No promises, no words. Actions. Do not say that you will do one thing or another, simply prove it to me.”
“I understand.”
>”Good, now take the knife and come with me.”
>…
>The Mushir began to lead Admiral Brairheart, Commander Skies, and yourself through the city.
>He spoke only a few words as he led you to the destination.
>”Now, these men were given a choice. They were proper soldiers, not conscripts. They could have chosen to side with peace, or side with continued war. They should have known better than to side with the traitor. As they were crew of airships, I entertained throwing them off the lighthouse. But that would take too long, and blood would just get everywhere. So, they will hang.”
>You step out into a decently sized square, where gallows have been erected.
>Ten nooses hang on the raised platform.
>”However, these are the true traitors of this nation. So, I will only execute ten of them today, while ten others watch. The ten who survive, will be returned to the prison and spread word of how the life was choked out of their compatriots. Then at random intervals, it could be after an hour or a week, a fresh batch will be sent to hang as another group watches.”
>The Mushir turns around to face the three of you.
>”As they fought in the air, they watched as they bombarded men who were helpless against the air attack. So, they will now watch helpless as their comrades face justice.”
>>
>>29577967
>jobless smelly neet last year
>now i work for google and own tons of guns
feels good to get lucky, i onwssdevfsdregrty got the job becuase a friend felt bad for me
>>
>>29578377
Why doesn't she have any wings?
>>
>>29579815
This brought a tear to my eye.
>>
File: So-It-Begins.gif (434KB, 200x216px) Image search: [Google]
So-It-Begins.gif
434KB, 200x216px
>>29579820
>>
>10
>>
>>29582244
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.