[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you like MLP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Twilight_friends_S1E02.png (782KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight_friends_S1E02.png
782KB, 1280x720px
A friend recommended MLP to me. I tried watching it, but it's hard to get myself past the fact that it's made for children. That's why I want to know why you like MLP, and how you got into the show.
>>
>>29372730
cute ponies
>>
>>29372730
Why do you like chocolate, OP? Some people don't like chocolate. Should you tried to convince them to like chocolate?
>>
SpongeBob is made for children.
Steven Universe is made for children.
Gravity Falls is made for children.

My philosophy is that just because something is made with kids in mind doesn't mean adults can't find enjoyment in it.
>>
Well, no, but if someone WANTS to like chocolate, and you like chocolate, wouldn't you want to convince them to like chocolate? My friend is obsessed with it, so he talks about it often. I want to like it so we an both have something to talk about.
>>
>>29372730
The first two seasons had an intensely fatalistic edge to them (mostly because of the whole cutie mark business, so this edge was certainly unintentional by the writers) yet the show itself was reasonably optimistic and had endearing characters, it helps me cope with the side show universe, pretty much
>>
File: pokemon disgusting.png (421KB, 597x460px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon disgusting.png
421KB, 597x460px
>>29372730

its an overrated feminist memeshow, only bluepilled Love&tolerate Brony drones watch it uninronically. It was never good, just a forced meme. It's in quality decline too recently. Don't waste your time Go watch Gravity Falls or Anime.
>>
>>29372730
why not roll the dice and watch a random episode?

>>29365616

But to answer your question, you can't really narrow down why anyone likes it, everyone has their own reason.

I like it for the mix of a high fantasy world with occasional giant monster attacks, mixed with the charm of mundane things happening in the same world. And the fact that all of the main cast and some of the support cast was female drew me in, because you don't really see that done in other shows.
>>
>>29372730
it's cute and comfy
>>
>>29372770
>its an overrated feminist memeshow
>Go watch Gravity Falls or Anime.
>>
OP: Interesting point. It's not that the show is made for children though, it's how the plot is directed at children. The shows you mentioned may be made for children, but the plot itself for those shows contain elements that people of all ages can enjoy. MLP seems to lack those elements (to me). But yeah, good point.
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>>29372770
>go watch anime
>calling anything a meme
>>
>>29372760
>if someone WANTS to like chocolate, and you like chocolate, wouldn't you want to convince them to like chocolate?
Well, not really. I'd be happy if some of my friends gave the show a try, but if they tried and they didn't like it, I'd never insist.

It's like, you'll never know if you like it if you don't try it. But if you have already tried it, that's it, no one should expect anything else, either you like it and you keep on watching, or you don't like it and stop.
>>
>>29372812
But what if you tried cheap chocolate and had formed the opinion that all chocolate tastes like dirt?
>>
>>29372791
I would actually watch them, it's probably better than this meme show.
>>
i like chocolate
>>
>>29372832
si, I like potatoes
>>
yeah potatoes are good too
>>
>>29372821
Bad luck, I guess.

I discovered MLP by accident. No one I knew liked it, I just found it. I watched the first episode, and I didn't feel like it was anything special, but it was nice so I decided to watch it as a filler, whenever I didn't have anything better to do. It took me literally months to watch the first 11 episodes because I didn't care much about the show. But I liked it enough to keep on watching it from time to time. I got completely hooked after episode 11.

On the other hand, many people I know love Steven Universe. They insisted me to watch it. I watched the first episode and I didn't like it at all. Maybe it's the greatest thing ever, but I don't feel like watching it. I'd be completely hypocritical if I said anyone who don't like MLP "keep on watching it, maybe you'll like it later", because that's something I wouldn't do.

And Gravity Falls is fucking awesome, stop using it as a meme.
>>
File: 1391629771446.png (74KB, 290x313px) Image search: [Google]
1391629771446.png
74KB, 290x313px
>>29372730
Some shit someone wrote, not answer to exactly your question, but it might answer it partially.
"Autistic Research Paper on Why The Brony Phenomenon Exists": http://pastebin.com/mWat380a
>>
File: 1342332605849.jpg (242KB, 1214x289px) Image search: [Google]
1342332605849.jpg
242KB, 1214x289px
Bronies always give conflicting answers on this

They don't have the greatest powers of introspection

I'd be skeptical of any justification a brony tries to give you

This explains things succinctly
>>
Thanks for all the answers
>>
File: Glim.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Glim.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>29372910
>image being such a sad potato that you have to go through all the threads on a board you don't like to post the same pic over and over again just to get attention from people you don't like because the people you like don't give a fuck about you
Quite sad desu senpai. Luckily we're here for you, and we'll always be here for you. We aren't going anywhere, Sad Potato.
>>
File: 4chans moderation team.jpg (21KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
4chans moderation team.jpg
21KB, 480x600px
>another 'what's the appeal' thread
do your fucking job, assholes
>>
Twilight plot
>>
>>29372730
I love all things equine
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.