[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLP's true strength isn't the story but the tone.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: smile.png (78KB, 423x583px) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
78KB, 423x583px
MLP's true strength isn't the story but the tone.
>>
File: ramsay bolton.png (209KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
ramsay bolton.png
209KB, 306x306px
Don't get me wrong the story isn't bad, but plenty of shows have surpassed it. But sometimes you don't want any dick chopping but happy ponies
>>
File: 1438359918353.jpg (83KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1438359918353.jpg
83KB, 1024x724px
>>29365236
Nah, plot is very important.
>>
File: freud.png (58KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
freud.png
58KB, 200x281px
>>29365255 Freud would have had a field day with MLP and bronies
>>
>>29365255
This
>>
>>29365236
I think the story is somewhat important, a show with the same heartwarming tone but with a worse story would be just a regular shitty show for little girls. But yeah, the tone is what makes it special, you don't get many shows with a similar tone, and that's why I love the show.

To be honest, the reason why season 6 had more episodes I disliked than all the previous seasons combined is, I think that the new showrunners care more about the story than about the tone, maybe because they're trying to make the show more mature or whatever. Every single time I disliked a season 6 episode, it was because I didn't feel it like a MLP episode.

Not the worst episode of the season, but maybe one of the most significative examples: Newbie Dash. Rainbow thinks her life dream is a nightmare and instead of feeling sorry for her, the show tries to makes us laugh at her. Compare it with the scene where she cries in Tanks for the Memories, or the scene where she quits in Wonderbolts Academy, in both scenes you were supposed to empathize. Here you're supposed to laugh at someone who is having a bad time. I don't know why, season 6 had more moments like that than any other season, and that's exactly what makes me think that the tone is changing. And I fucking hate this new tone.
>>
Why are bronies such fucking degenerates?
>>
>>29365347
Let me clear meaningless words first.
>Why are bronies so different from average person?
Cause this is the Internet, we are anonymous and are free to express things we like even if others don't like them.
>>
>>29365368
You watch a show made solely for little toddlers. Enjoy eroding your brain away cunt.
>>
>>29365385
I don't watch the show.
>>
>>29365271
jokes on him, i was fapping to horses 18 years ago.
>>
>>29365395
So you hang around these degenerates unironically, and not to insult them? You're about as degenerate and shit as them, cunt.
>>
>>29365385

oh man, are you that one tryhard from before they kept calling 'straya'?
>>
>>29365406
Are you one of the many fucking degenerates who prowl this board, cunt?
>>
File: australian muslim.jpg (32KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
australian muslim.jpg
32KB, 500x374px
I see Dogfucking Damo is here.
>>
>>29365406
Even worse, he's a pathetic impersonator who thinks that Straya was funny and now he's just copying his style to get attention.
>>
>>29365404
Why would I insult strangers on the web? Seems like something teenagers use to do. You are over 18 right? Stop browsing if not.
>>
>>29365415
You're a fucking degenerate cunt.
>>
>>29365422
Checked. ^:) Not the dubs, just another mad one.
>>
>>29365437
Stop using your fucking emoji cunt. I swear to fucking kek.
>>
>>29365445
Almost trips.
>>
>>29365456
REMOVE THE AUTISM FROM THIS MAN, CUNTS.
>>
File: winx.png (352KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
winx.png
352KB, 500x400px
>>29365332
When the show is too retarded it breaks its tone and turns into a comedy. The stories still need intelligence. Case and point, Winx
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.