[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much math do you think Twilight actually knows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

How much math do you think Twilight actually knows?
>>
>>29362772
all of it.
>>
>>29362772
Horses don't have math, ya friccin' moron!
>>
>>29362772
Lots. At least thats whats implied. I think it's in the first Crystal empire episodes where she recites the square root of some fucking number perfectly, with all the decimal places and shit. Idk she could be a poser tho.
>>
File: math iceberg.jpg (579KB, 1200x3600px) Image search: [Google]
math iceberg.jpg
579KB, 1200x3600px
>>29362772
Everything down to P=NP
>>
>>29362798
>namefag
>>
Let's find out.

Okay Twilight, find the equation for the function displayed in the chart below. Then use your equation to the missing y-value, indicated by '?'.

x | y
——
0 | -5
1 | -2
2 | 5
3 | 16
4 | 31
5 | 50
48 | ?
>>
>>29362846
hahahahaha, ur a fucking nerd
>>
>>29362846
4651 is the answer you're looking for, but also you have no clue what you're talking about. The function could take on any value at 48. You do not know what math is.

>>29362772
We see special relativity equations on the blackbord (and she surely knows general relativity, so there's differential manifolds) in It's About Time and in The Hooffields and McColts she talks about quantum mechanics, so there's functional analysis and Hilbert spaces.

Given these snippets and who she is, she probably has a PhD-level understanding of a fairly broad range of mathematics.
>>
>>29364502 In fact, Gödel showed the consistency of the existence of closed time-like curves with Einstein's general relativity. A closed timelike curves is a sort of time-loop, and it was surely these closed time-like curves she was considering in that episode – general relativity. Strictly special relativity makes no sense in the context of that episode.
>>
File: 1485648233973.png (304KB, 1899x580px) Image search: [Google]
1485648233973.png
304KB, 1899x580px
This many.
>>
>>29362846
>>29364502

Really, all it is is the regression model using the quadratic formula y=ax^2+bx+c
a=2
b=1
c=-5
if x=48 y=4651

Now if we are all done doing your homework, we have ponies to get back to.
>>
File: 1468002631637.jpg (49KB, 650x427px) Image search: [Google]
1468002631637.jpg
49KB, 650x427px
>>29365000
You get partial credit for showing some work

>>29364502
You get no credit for not showing your work but instead smartmouthing. That is not what mathematics is.
>>
>>29365174
He's right though.
There are literally infinitely many functions that would fit that pattern and that doean't even require being overly pedantic about the question not defining the mathematical body in question.
>>
File: newspaper.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
newspaper.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>29365219
The grade has been given.
>>
>>29362772
everything algebraic
>>
File: wowtwilight.jpg (15KB, 272x338px) Image search: [Google]
wowtwilight.jpg
15KB, 272x338px
>>29362772
>>
It's not a question of how much math does Twalot know, more like how much Twalot does math know.
>>
File: BILL BILL BILL BILL.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
BILL BILL BILL BILL.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
She's a genus.
>>
File: Better Bill.png (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Better Bill.png
214KB, 1280x720px
>>29367492
Higher res image, sorry.
>>
>>29362803
>with all the decimal places and shit

impossible
sqrt 546 is irrational
>>
>>29362803
BLAH BLAH BLAH... SIX SIX SIX... BLAH BLAH BLAH... SHE IS CORRECT!
>>
>>29362804
I don't know if this chart is mean to be continuous or divide maths into sections, but if it's continuous I call BS. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors sound fancy but the concept itself is pretty basic, certainly not below tensors.

Also some stuff is vague. A sphere, and corresponding spherical coordinates, is non-euclidean. The geometry of a sphere is unusual but not particularly complicated. Unless you want to do really fancy stuff with it, but why would you just name it "Non Euclidean Geometry" if you mean something more?

>Random Matricies
Either this is such genuis-level that I don't even know what that is, or somebody can't spell "matrices".

>One-time pad decryption
>random sequence extrapolation
Impossible by definition. A message encrypted with OTP is indistinguishable from random data. Basically you can "decrypt" practically any plaintext you want from the cyphertext assuming it's the correct length.

And random patterns are unpredictable by definition. I'm assuming we're talking true randomness here - which may or may not exist as far as I know; but if it does exist, again, given a sequence of true random numbers, you would not have any information allowing you to predict the following numbers.

Also they're using braces (which typically denote intervals) as separators.

Tl;dr your infographic is shit mate
>>
>>29367774
Pro tip: anything near the bottom of these iceberg info graphics is just a mish mash of buzzwords that most people wouldn't understand and therefore assume are really complicated

It's a recurring aspect of these infographics
>>
>>29367844
I mean some stuff is legit. I see the Riemann Hypothesis, P=NP, Poincare Conjecture...

But otherwise what you said does make sense. I don't see what people wouldn't understand in "random sequence extrapolation" but basically shit infographic is shit, yeah.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.