[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headcanon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Neighpoleon.jpg (61KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
Neighpoleon.jpg
61KB, 196x250px
So I know everyone has their own headcanon and that's fine, but can we at least agree that Neighpoleon was Horsican, not Prench?
>>
>>29360491
Bumping your shit thread out of pity
>>
>>29360527
>Post a worldbuilding prompt
>SHIT THREAD HAHA KYS
And I used to wonder why this fandom i dying
>>
>>29360491
>Twilight constantly corrects her friends on the origins of historical figures
>"And Combaleus wasn't Istallian, he was Ponish!"
>>
>>29360491
Horsica was literally owned by Prance. Ethnic nationalism didn't even exist before him
>>
>>29360491
Horsica isn't a country you uncultured equine.
>>
>>29361711
Quite incorrect. The Ancient Greeks seperated themselves strictly based on ethnicity and had different words for "belong to this people" and "belonging to this empire". Another example is the OT which had different words for ethnic origin and place of birth or residence.

The political idea as we know it new, though. This is because the idea about politics changed and developed over time.
>>
>>29361733
Okay fine, modern ethnic nationalism didn't exist until he laid the foundation. Happy?
>>
>>29361747
Nah. Modern ethnic nationalism started somewhere in the later half of the 19th century when the English began categorizing people in semblance to domesticated animal races. Napoleon did start the idea of a populistic nation, if I remember correctly. At least in France.

The ethnicities are there but tend to not overlap exactly with culture as much as they thought. The ancient model combined blood relation and culture.
>>
>>29361787
I don't think anyone would doubt that the spring of revolutions was caused by Napoleon and whilst not every revolution was based around ethnic nationalism, there certainly were plenty of them.

This is all kind of irrelevant. Corsica was French and anyone trying to be witty by claiming Napoleon was "Italian" or whatever is either a scummy brit or horrendously ignorant of the time period.
>>
>>29361826
French territory, yes. But of Italian descent. The people there speak a dialect of Italian.
>>
>>29360491
It's not a headcanon it's a fact.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.