[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with Discord being able to do literally anything with his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1280x720-fpN[1].jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-fpN[1].jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
So with Discord being able to do literally anything with his magic, couldn't he have snapped his fingers back to Equestria, grab all the Ponies willing to fight and then just lead a full frontal assault on the Changeling Empire?
It doesn't even seem outside the realm of possibility for him, two snaps of his fingers. You can't trust them all, but the sheer number would probably nullify the odd Changelings in there

And if not that, then why not specific Ponies who could have proved useful? There's obviously the issue of trust, but Thorax mentioned Sunburst told him to check on Ponyville, so if no one else surely he was available too? He's a good thinker.
>>
Did you watch the episode? No magic.
>>
>>29354315
Did you? They could use magic just fine in the Changeling Kingdom, it's only when they were closer to the throne it got nullified.

Pic in OP related, they were able to use magic there.
>>
Sunburst needed to stay behind to defend his lands, as did all the other ponies.

You can not ask them to abandon their homes during a foreign assault.
>>
>>29354342
The magic killing barrier was at the border.
>>
>>29354310
>>29354342
1) they were already all captured by that time
2) what exactly would they do from a mile away from the hive?
3) how would having more magicless ponies help at all when the other side can use magic?
>>
>>29354310
One - how do you think he could do that, without sending half the population into a frenzy and alerting the infiltrators? Not to mention required prep time
Two - What are they going to do with unicorn magic? That's a third of the population useless. Pegs aren't going to be particularly worthwhile inside anyway, so that's another third effectively useless.
Three(?) - couldn't Discord un-transform changelings? Even if he did would any pony believe him if he did?
>>
You guys are all fucking retards. They didn't grab anyone else, because they had no idea who was and wasn't a changeling.
>>
>>29354310
>Wanting a siege against someone who can support themselves indefinitely.

Have fun never seeing your hostages again.
>>
>>29354310
>grab all the Ponies willing to fight and then just lead a full frontal assault on the Changeling Empire?

You do remember these guys shitstomped a prepared army who specifically was on alert for an invasion and who had time to get into position on their home ground while watching them smack into a shield, right?

They also did this in a city that's full of the brightest and smartest unicorns anywhere, and their pegasi could still fly.

But now you're pitting essentially a group of Earth Ponies and literally nothing else against them on their home turf. Because unicorns can't use magic now, and Pegasi-flight was confirmed magical by Tirek, so they can't fly.

What ponies are you even talking about? Who could have proven useful? The changelings could literally snipe them as soon as they stepped past the barrier and if push came to shove fly over them and fuck them up.
>>
>>29354349
Yeah and everything before it was good to go. Discord was using his magic and Starlight hers.

>>29354354
>1) they were already all captured by that time
Only what Chrysalis considered the main Ponies were captured, not all of them.

>2) what exactly would they do from a mile away from the hive?
Good point, full frontal assault is a dumb idea in hindsight, probably even with every pony in Equestria

>>29354365
>3) how would having more magicless ponies help at all when the other side can use magic?
Just more numbers in order to help. There were 4 of them taking on an entire army and neither of them had a solid plan. Sunburst on the other hand seemed to know his magic pretty well, he knew about things even Twilight didn't. Who's to say he couldn't have assisted with the Changeling throne?

>>29354374
It's literally mentioned in the OP. "There's obviously the issue of trust". Sunburst hadn't been captured and Thorax would have been around him long enough to verify his identity were they to go back.
>>
File: 1439962535891.png (418KB, 782x839px) Image search: [Google]
1439962535891.png
418KB, 782x839px
>>29354408
Yeah, yeah, it was a dumb idea.

Ignore me being retarded and pretend the OP just says "What about Sunburst?"
>>
File: Sunburst_ID_S6E2[1].png (508KB, 688x844px) Image search: [Google]
Sunburst_ID_S6E2[1].png
508KB, 688x844px
This dude could have been there
>>
>>29354374
Couldn't Discord just snap everyone into their true forms? Zecora could do such with her brews.
>>
>>29354916
I wouldn't think so desu
>>
I'm suprised no one has quoted Discord himself yet, "What's the fun in making sense?"
>>
>>29354310
The changeling army defeated the pony army last time and that wasn't even on the changeling's home turf. Also Chrysalis could have threatened to harm the hostages if the army didn't stand down.
>>
File: 1421860894990.jpg (50KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1421860894990.jpg
50KB, 461x523px
>tfw you accidentally went full retard in your thread and now no one responds despite it having an actual decent point
>tfw no one is talking about Sunburst and how he could have had a role

I..I'll just try again in a week
>>
>>29354310
>"Guys! Guys! Changelings replaced all your leaders EXCEPT us! Come with me so we can free them!"

No one would believe them.
>>
>>29355877
Right, because I'm sure the weak, frail wizard will be perfectly at home in an environment where he can't use his magic.
>>
>>29356836
>Weak, frail
There's nothing to suggest that. They were short on numbers, were taking on an army and needed what help they could get.

Trixie is a literal performer who herself says she shouldn't be there, but she was to help Equestria
Sunburst has good knowledge
>>
>>29356908
He's a nerd who locked himself in his room for years, he's not exactly going to the gym every week to stay swole.

What knowledge does Sunburst have that Thorax and Starlight wouldn't? He's a liability at best. Even Discord was pushing it.
At least Trixie has her show magic.
>>
>>29354434
>>29354416
>>29354408
>>29354379
>>29354374
mfw spike is personal friend of the dragon lord, could have gotten an army of dragons to help
>>
>>29357020
spike is also one of the ones being impersonated by the changelings
>>
>>29356947
>What knowledge does Sunburst have
Come on, he's a smart dude. He knew his stuff, maybe he didn't when it came to Changelings, bu even then surely there's strength in numbers?

They needed the help they could get, it's not like they ever resorted to physical violence once they were inside anyway. They were taking on an entire army, adding one more member seems a good idea
>>
File: we some sort of suicide squad.png (3MB, 5206x5106px) Image search: [Google]
we some sort of suicide squad.png
3MB, 5206x5106px
>>29354779
Sunburst wouldn't have fit the theme of the episode being a My Little Suicide Squad

Though, I think he should have at least had a cameo at the end during the party
>>
>>29354310

Doing that would have meant going further away from Fluttershy.
>>
>>29358322
Legit though, he could have been a part couldn't he?
He's friends with Starlight too and it's not like getting to him would be a tough task for Discord
>>
>>29358331
To save Fluttershy they needed to defeat the Changelings
To defeat the Changelings they needed a solid plan. Having Sunburst, or even any little thing they could get to even the odds seems like a good idea
>>
Could have gone back to Ponyville and made a Trojan Horse

Infiltrate the infiltrators

>captcha is "extra poney"
>>
I'll try again in a week
>>
>>29354310
better yet, why doesn't discord just create an anti-anti-magic bubble to cancel out the anti-magic bubble. it's
>>
>>29354779
king thorax too
>>
>>29354310

It would make great episodes if you just had Celestia drop the Sun on everything that pissed her off, too.

No need for all that boring friendship shit.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.