[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Beginning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 0ede78d6018d4e42aad5bc7a2528c42c.jpg (160KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
0ede78d6018d4e42aad5bc7a2528c42c.jpg
160KB, 640x1136px
I know there have been a lot of "I don't get it" and "I might start watching it" threads, but I haven't seen an origins thread.
I'm curious, /mlp/, whether you care for the show, movies, etc. or not, what got you into this fandom? And what, pray tell, got you to start coming to /mlp/?

I'll start with myself.
Since the beginning I never understood the appeal. I continually turned away in dusgust, wondering why such a huge following existed Less than a year ago, after occasionally seeing pony-related things online I'm various social medias, I decided I would "give it a shot" before ultimately deciding. While I wasn't totally into it at first, I was however curious as to where the first episode's cliffhanger would go.

Now, I've seen every episode and all 4 Equestria Girls "movies" (for lack of a better word) more than twice and find myself constantly f5-ing /mlp/ as often as I can.

So tell me /mlp/, what convinced you to become a horsefucker?
>>
A friend challenged me to give it the "5 episode rule," so I watched episodes 1-4, then 15 because he recommended it. I thought it was just okay, but he was cool about it.

Then my older sister told me to give it one more shot, and recommended episode 19, and it was the classic cartoony-style humor that hooked me. Then I went back and watched it all, and begun to fall in love with the characters. Then I found EQD and all that. Showed a lot of my friends.

I loved all the jokes the bronies made - it was so tongue-in-cheek, yet somewhat sincere. Everyone was just having fun with it, while poking fun at themselves and laughing at how ridiculous it all was.

I don't actually frequent /mlp/ but I pop in every now and then. Glad I did, this will be a nice thread.
>>
I tried to just watch the show and ignore the fandom originally. It was the music scene that finally sucked me in completely.
>>
>>29349684
I agree with that.
At first I went in with no judgements and without input from anyone. Slowly but surely I was pulled towards full blown cancer.
>>
>>29349622
1. I was already watching the hub for other shows in 2010. I saw an advert for mlp fim and thought "That show I had to watch with my little sister a long time ago? The fuck lol."
I ended up watching it and was hooked immediately.

2. I heard a pony board had been added to 4chan in 2012. I didn't really start posting until 2013.
>>
>>29349702
Ignore the name.
I'm in mother thread fucking with a troll and forgot to delete it when I switched back.
>>
File: 1342332605849.jpg (242KB, 1214x289px) Image search: [Google]
1342332605849.jpg
242KB, 1214x289px
This explains a lot
>>
>>29349755
>>29349702
Looks like he followed you here, cocksleeve.
>>
>>29349789
Yea.
He can't help but follow my sweet ass.
>>
>>29349622
Only found out it was a thing in 2012 by browsing knockoff Netflix. Thought it was stupid. Googled it out of a desire to get some chuckles. Was amazed. Loved all the NLR content.

Didn't join /mlp/ until 2015.
>>
File: adorb_flut.png (3MB, 680x1247px) Image search: [Google]
adorb_flut.png
3MB, 680x1247px
I was annoyed at MLP when it got huge on the internet a few years back, but never hated fans of the show or the show itself, I was just sick of seeing it everywhere. I had friends who were into it at the time, and never really cared about it.

A few years go by, I really only saw pone related things in passing. Then I discovered Pony Thread Simulators and binged them, listening while playing vidya; even though I'd never seen the show, they were entertaining because of how fucked up they could get. (Text to speech IWTCIRD never gets old.)

This got me curious on the show itself. Seeing as how I had friends who liked it, and I kept getting pony videos recommended to me from watching PTS, I decided to take the plunge and start watching.

My first impressions were I thought the animation was cute and colorful, and the VAs really were great. Reminded me of some good life lessons, gave me some laughs (I still crack up at Bridle Gossip), and I was having fun. I remember thinking, yeah, I can see why people like this, it's cute n fun.

But then... I heard the songs. I'm a total sucker for a good song number in movies and shows, and damn if FiM doesn't have some of the best. Winter Wrap up caught my attention, At the Gala impressed me with how grand it sounded, but when I heard Pinkie's Smile Song, I finally got why this show is special to so many people.

At the time, I was working two jobs, and one of them was super extra shitty. But having something cute, funny, and heartwarming to come home to every night was just what I needed. Whenever I need a pick me up now, I just pull up Smile Song, and I remember that life's not all bad. Or At the Gala, or Cupcakes, or Babs Seed, or A True, True Friend... any song can make a bad day better.

I started watching in October 2016 (just started S5), so I may be the newest of fags, but I genuinely love this show and... hell, even all you lousy fucks, too. <3

Everypony deserves to enjoy something.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
11KB, 300x168px
I was in my sophomore year in 2012, and one of the popular kids was a brony. I decided to watch it so I could hang with him. I became hooked. At around 2014 I started to cum here. I loved the fan content the most when I first joined.
>>
>>29349622
Back in /co/ you ironically watched thing for image macros people call memes today.
We had a thread complaining about the worsening state pf cartoons.
Someone posted the first episode of MLP:FIM.
After a short while all hell broke loose and moot had to make this board and rule 15.
What we thrive on is what keeps others away.
However, we used to have a better cohesion.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.